Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marlo Thomas Ticked Off ‘Sherri’ Staffers

Marlo Thomas ticked off ‘Sherri’ staffers by ‘fat shaming’ Shepherd on air

Wow, so much for "Free To Be You & Me" there Marlo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 12, 2022 11:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 2, 2022 1:57 PM

I still got them boobies!

by Anonymousreply 2November 2, 2022 1:59 PM

Marlo's 'face' looks like a badly prolapsed rectum.

by Anonymousreply 3November 2, 2022 2:09 PM

Marlo is no skinny minnie....she could lose a few. Her face looks weird, too.

by Anonymousreply 4November 2, 2022 3:12 PM

Ann Marie wouldn't approve.

by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2022 3:14 PM

So Nancy Pelosi is around the same age as Thomas and whatever work she had done manages to seem more natural.

I would think Thomas has the money to pay for a top surgeon too.

How did she wind up looking like that? She looks like a white Michael Jackson

by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2022 3:24 PM

^^"more natural" was probably not the right work choice.

"Less jarring" is better.

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2022 3:25 PM

Marlo was always a tool.

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2022 3:27 PM

Early on she got the Nanette Fabray.

by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2022 3:29 PM

THAT'S Marlo on the left? Holy shit, she looks like Mariah Carey in about 20 years!

by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2022 3:31 PM

That’s a bummer

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2022 3:31 PM

Martha Stewart is in her eighties. Whatever she has had done, it looks very good. She looks great....and not overdone.

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2022 3:31 PM

Nobody with a face like that should be shaming anyone.

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2022 3:34 PM

I'm so old I remember "That Girl". Marlo had already gone under the knife by then, with a pretty radical nose job. I wish people would consider that plastic surgery--like tattoos--doesn't age well.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2022 3:38 PM

If you’ve never read it, do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2022 3:43 PM

She gets to go home to smoking hot Phil Donahue

by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2022 3:50 PM

Marlo had a lebanese nose amputation in the early 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2022 3:52 PM

When did Marlo start turning into Charo?

by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2022 3:52 PM

Pre-amputation, with her natural born schnozz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2022 3:54 PM

Marlo is a billionaire, so she doesn't care about anyone's opinion of her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2022 3:54 PM

Oh r19 she’s rocking the Lucy Van Pelt hairdo.

Both women are nuts. Didn’t Sherri say that gays and lesbians are going to hell? And Marlo’s behavior has been well documented. She’s an absolute cunt to work for.

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2022 4:09 PM

Isn’t Marlo a notorious cunt?

It was very telling that Rachel Green’s mom only appeared twice throughout the entire run of Friends, despite a very charming performance from her early in the series and towards the end. They must’ve hated her on that set.

by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2022 4:12 PM

They appear to be about the same size in that pic, Thomas is clearly delusional in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2022 4:14 PM

She says it at 8:08. Sherri laughed at the comment, and seemed to agree with it. Much ado about nothing.

If you want to talk about anything, it should be Marlo. She looks like she's on her last legs, but still trying to appear as youthful as she was on That Girl. There comes at time when you should elegantly accept your senior years, but she's refused to read the memo, and it shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2022 4:27 PM

My wife works for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and swears that Marlo is actually very lovely towards the children but ghastly towards everyone else. I mean ghastly!

My wife is (obviously) in Pediatric Oncology. She's been present for the wrath of Marlo and gas told me that she's never seen someone who is able to swing back and forth like that. It's surreal I guess to observe someone truly be downright maternal towards the children and then a full on ghastly gal towards literally everyone else.

Their dinners are alright. I accompanied my wife to one once and no one minded. There's a lot of Lebanese involvement with that hospital for obvious reasons I guess and I'm originally from Barranquilla, Colombia and we've had a Lebanese community for ages so I chatted them up. Marlo of course couldn't eat at this fancy dinner- time and time again she sends everything back like to be mean because it was actually tasty stuff. I'm really tall so I'm at the dinner for the higher ups and felt so sorry for the one lady that was stuck with Marlo that I sought her out personally the moment Marlo had to speak just to be catty. Tall lanky thing I am, I strutted and had some of the heads of the gentlemen present turning.

That hospital is beautiful and does very fine work. But, Marlo Thomas is a "B" Word like from her soul.

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2022 4:27 PM

Sherri is a homophobe and a DL Repub. so fuck her

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2022 4:30 PM

[quote]They appear to be about the same size in that pic, Thomas is clearly delusional in many ways.

Well, Sherri thinks the earth is flat… so there’s enough delusion to go around on that stage.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2022 4:31 PM

Fat Girl!

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2022 4:32 PM

Pot - Kettle

by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2022 4:40 PM

Um, when did Marlo become a Filipino?

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2022 4:43 PM

This reminds me of a Thanksgiving after I’d lost 75 or more pounds after blowing up after starting my first office job.

My old-maid aunt who was in her 90s put her hand on my knee and said, “I’m so glad you lost that weight sugar. You were so fat it was pitiful!”

by Anonymousreply 31November 2, 2022 4:47 PM

Dang!

by Anonymousreply 32November 2, 2022 4:52 PM

That Marlo Thomas book is so good, even my elderly father couldn’t put it down.

by Anonymousreply 33November 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Sherri handled it well.

Surprised TMZ hasn't done a before and after for Marlo Thomas (work or no work).

by Anonymousreply 34November 2, 2022 4:55 PM

Marlo told her the earth was round until Sherri flattened it out.

by Anonymousreply 35November 2, 2022 4:58 PM

buh she still got dem boobies doh

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2022 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 2, 2022 5:16 PM

All those abortions Sherri had probably helped her lose some weight.

by Anonymousreply 38November 2, 2022 5:19 PM

Marlo looks like such a freak. But she has always been a cunt since "That Girl!" ended, so they knew what they were getting when thye brought her on the show.

by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2022 5:27 PM

She should be ticked off at her plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 40November 2, 2022 5:35 PM

Marlo has reached that old cunt stage where she barely even bothers to hide her cuntiness anymore...

by Anonymousreply 41November 2, 2022 5:51 PM

That "fat cheeks" puffing out expression is especially tactless and vulgar. Plus, it made her nose seem to collapse back into her face.

by Anonymousreply 42November 2, 2022 5:57 PM

Read this if you want to know what a big hairy cunt Marlo is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 2, 2022 5:57 PM

Marlo is beginning to look like Rose Marie (who I'm sure is related to her character Ann Marie)

No amount of money or surgery can hide the fact that her face has been ravaged by time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 2, 2022 6:00 PM

She's 84, what do you guys expect her to look like.

by Anonymousreply 45November 2, 2022 6:05 PM

Sorry this is it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 2, 2022 6:09 PM

[quote]She's 84, what do you guys expect her to look like.

An 84 year old woman who's had good work done, not an alien.

by Anonymousreply 47November 2, 2022 6:09 PM

Obviously Marlo told her plastic surgeon, “make me look like Faye Dunaway”.

She neglected to mention she wanted Faye circa 1970 so she wound up with the present day Faye look.

by Anonymousreply 48November 2, 2022 6:12 PM

And where are Marlo's foundation garments - those low slung Bette Davis breast resting on her belly...dear god!

You need structure to contain that 84 year-old body, woman...not some loose sweater with an ill-fitting bra.

by Anonymousreply 49November 2, 2022 6:16 PM

Thank you for the dish on Marlo, LizBien!

"That Girl and Phil" is really DL canonical reading. Desmond the "majordomo" matches Marlo cunt for cunt. I remember a section where Phil's relatives visit and Marlo is cunting that the food isn't good enough for them (although she hates them). Desmond writes something like "They were simple people, who would be happy with sandwiches."

by Anonymousreply 50November 2, 2022 6:21 PM

You bitches must really hate Marlo.

by Anonymousreply 51November 2, 2022 6:27 PM

[quote]She looks like a white Michael Jackson

Eventually Michael Jackson looked like a white Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 52November 2, 2022 6:35 PM

[quote] My wife works for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and swears that Marlo is actually very lovely towards the children but [bold]ghastly[/bold] towards everyone else. I mean [bold]ghastly![/bold]

[quote]My wife is (obviously) in Pediatric Oncology. She's been present for the wrath of Marlo and gas told me that she's never seen someone who is able to swing back and forth like that. It's surreal I guess to observe someone truly be downright maternal towards the children and then a full on [bold]ghastly[/bold] gal towards literally everyone else.

r25, I cahn't TELL you how pleased I am to make your acquaintance!

by Anonymousreply 53November 2, 2022 6:35 PM

Did Danny Thomas really like to lie under glass coffee tables and have women shit on the glass?? Is that true? How did that story get started, Pease DL, I need to know!!

by Anonymousreply 54November 2, 2022 6:43 PM

Sherris totally fine with it. Why would her staffers care.

Marlo Thomas' face, however, looks horrendous

by Anonymousreply 55November 2, 2022 6:53 PM

"Did Danny Thomas really like to lie under glass coffee tables and have women shit on the glass?? I"

Check out his house, glass coffee tables for days 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 2, 2022 6:59 PM

Her face has seen more knives than the St. Jude's Surgery Center.

by Anonymousreply 57November 2, 2022 7:07 PM

^ She gets a great discount

by Anonymousreply 58November 2, 2022 7:09 PM

My friend Julie told Marlo, "I know the most WONDERFUL plastic surgeon ... "

by Anonymousreply 59November 2, 2022 7:12 PM

I didn't know that Marlo Thomas was Asian.

by Anonymousreply 60November 2, 2022 7:30 PM

She looks like she's attempting a Mariah at 84. That nose of hers is in Reverse Pinocchio mode.

by Anonymousreply 61November 2, 2022 7:33 PM

[Quote]Obviously Marlo told her plastic surgeon, “make me look like Faye Dunaway”.

[Quote]She neglected to mention she wanted Faye circa 1970 so she wound up with the present day Faye look.

R48 Damn, you're right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 2, 2022 7:36 PM

Omg, I was watching the show that came on before and saw her come out. I did not know who she was and I know Marlo Thomas from all the St. Jude stuff she does. She looks completely like a different person. More so I think then any other celebrity I’ve seen who has done a ton of work.

by Anonymousreply 63November 2, 2022 7:39 PM

She looks like a Star Trek alien.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 2, 2022 7:40 PM

Marlo Thomas is, of course, known as one of the biggest cunts who ever cunted. Which is odd, because she's lived such a spoiled, charmed life.

by Anonymousreply 65November 2, 2022 7:41 PM

They should've put a glass coffee table with a plate of brownies in the green room just piss the old bitch off. I'm sure she's heard the rumors.

by Anonymousreply 66November 2, 2022 7:43 PM

That's Marlo with Sherri? Marlo looks like a Filipino mail order bride who had extremely bad plastic surgery.

Marlo looks a lot like Phil Collins kooky ex-wife, Orianne Cevey, the lunatic who spent all of Phil's $45 million divorce settlement money and then wouldn't move out of Phil's multimillion dollar Florida home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 2, 2022 7:46 PM

Marlo's voice changed, too. I guess there's no rejuvenation for the vocal cords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 2, 2022 7:46 PM

Caption this photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 2, 2022 7:56 PM

[quote]Caption this photo

Wig and wigless.

by Anonymousreply 70November 2, 2022 8:00 PM

[Quote]My wife works for St. Jude

Great story, gurl. Plus I like your style. Want to be my hag?

by Anonymousreply 71November 2, 2022 8:07 PM

Sophia: For starters, Jean is a Cunt..

Blanche: What's funny about that?

Sophia: You aren't surprised?

Blanche: Of course not. I mean, I've never known any personally, but isn't Marlo Thomas one?

by Anonymousreply 72November 2, 2022 8:07 PM

R42, her nose looks like the doctors on the "Twilight Zone" episode who were unsuccessful in making a patient beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2022 8:09 PM

Marlo Thomas did the impossible. She makes Madonna look natural....

by Anonymousreply 74November 2, 2022 8:35 PM

Madonna needs to realize that Marlo is the looking glass into her future, and it ain't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 75November 2, 2022 8:42 PM

Her face looks horrific, and I thought she was quite a beauty when younger. The pillow shots or whatever the newer plastic surgery techniques are make her look freakish.

Phil should do an intervention, but she's already a handful.

by Anonymousreply 76November 2, 2022 8:53 PM

I would like to put my dick between Sherri's tits.

by Anonymousreply 77November 2, 2022 9:01 PM

OMG, Phil looks terrified in R64's photo...

and I can't blame him

by Anonymousreply 78November 2, 2022 9:08 PM

That wasn't fat shaming. Fat shaming would have been if Marlo had said "Sherri, you've lost a lot of weight, but you still have a lot more to lose".

by Anonymousreply 79November 2, 2022 9:16 PM

It's more like Marlo said, "You've lost weight...OMG, you were so fat and disgusting!"

by Anonymousreply 80November 2, 2022 9:20 PM

They met before, so Marlo probably felt she could get away with saying that. Once again, Sherri didn't seem to mind the comment at all, based on how hard she was laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 2, 2022 9:25 PM

I remember that story about Phil having a few friends over to watch some sports game, Marlo was HORRIFIED that Phil ordered cold cuts and other 'low class' foods!

Oh, the HORROR.

Question is, why did such a supposedly decent man like Phil Donahue ever marry this unhinged psycho hateful bitch?

by Anonymousreply 82November 2, 2022 9:27 PM

^ Phil Donahue is a cuck

by Anonymousreply 83November 2, 2022 9:29 PM

When do you think was the last time Marlo blew Phil?

I for one would recoil in horror if whatever that is in R64 came at me...

by Anonymousreply 84November 2, 2022 9:30 PM

Cuntiness aside, at least she did the St. Jude's thing. Madonna could learn from that.

by Anonymousreply 85November 2, 2022 9:34 PM

Marlo is an accomplished children's surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 86November 2, 2022 9:39 PM

What was the Oceans movie that featured an all women cast, one of whom was played Danny Ocean’s sister? I watched it on a plane, it was terrible. Anyway at the end there was a trio of older women, I forget their role in the movie. I remember Elizabeth Ashley, she was recognizable. But one actress, I actually recoiled in horror. I could not figure out who it was although her voice was soooo familiar. I had to wait until the plane landed and I could look it up. I was shocked, she looked deformed.

by Anonymousreply 87November 2, 2022 9:42 PM

Somebody once said that since a face lift requires removes saggy skin, if you have multiple ones you just wind up stretching out the little there is left until at a certain point it becomes incredibly thin and transparent. That's pretty much what happened to Marlo.

by Anonymousreply 88November 2, 2022 9:43 PM

OMG…her face is tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 2, 2022 9:43 PM

Her face is that of a (strange-looking) 45-year-old, her body is that of a 65-year-old, and her gait is that of an 84-tear-old.

by Anonymousreply 90November 2, 2022 9:51 PM

[quote]I remember that story about Phil having a few friends over to watch some sports game, Marlo was HORRIFIED that Phil ordered cold cuts and other 'low class' foods!

What was she expecting him to serve? Caviar? Pâté?

Sports fans prefer real man food like cold cut subs or ribs or hot wings.

by Anonymousreply 91November 2, 2022 9:53 PM

Sherri was a well-known homophobe for years. She also did a son she was supposed to adopt real dirty.

No pity parties for her.

by Anonymousreply 92November 2, 2022 9:55 PM

Marlo looks like DL recent favorite PORKALOB.

by Anonymousreply 93November 2, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote] "OMG…her face is tragic."

I specifically CANNOT STAND that nosejob, R89. It's been popular for decades and needs to go away. It looks terrible, and always did...on every single person who ever had it.

And these men and (mostly) women who keep getting their noses repeatedly carved down as they age need to.stop that too.

by Anonymousreply 94November 2, 2022 10:01 PM

Marlo's right profile (as she enters the set) is jaw-droppingly horrifying.

Too many fillers inside a multiply-lifted face turns you into a Muppet.

by Anonymousreply 95November 2, 2022 10:05 PM

She was so pretty when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 96November 2, 2022 10:06 PM

Marlo needs to get her damn eyebrows tattooed back on.

by Anonymousreply 97November 2, 2022 10:20 PM

^ Her eyebrows are still there, right behind her ears

by Anonymousreply 98November 2, 2022 10:30 PM

^ They tweezed her public hair off her neck in Makeup...

bitch has had a few dozen face lifts...

by Anonymousreply 99November 2, 2022 10:36 PM

Cunt is beginning to look like Mae West...

by Anonymousreply 100November 2, 2022 10:40 PM

Bitch could take a few notes from Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.

by Anonymousreply 101November 2, 2022 10:45 PM

Marlo is unrecognizable I’d rather look like Sherri

by Anonymousreply 102November 2, 2022 11:09 PM

She looked great on Friends as Rachel's mom. Sadly, those days are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 103November 2, 2022 11:12 PM

Making her move on Phil

He comments that she is thinner than he remembers. She remarks, “I each a lot of food to gain weight”.

Bulimic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 3, 2022 12:08 AM

The point is in the 70's she had a huge hit winning an Emmy for a special and album "Free To Be You & Me' telling kids they are perfect as they are and here she is fat shaming.

by Anonymousreply 105November 3, 2022 12:40 AM

And, r105, fucking up her face in a pathetic quest for youth.

by Anonymousreply 106November 3, 2022 12:46 AM

She seriously is beginning to resemble a burns victim/Mickey Rourke

by Anonymousreply 107November 3, 2022 12:50 AM

I wonder if she and Loretta Swit compare notes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 3, 2022 12:54 AM

She looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein or whatever her name is.

But she looked pretty fake on That Girl.

by Anonymousreply 109November 3, 2022 12:55 AM

It's such fucked up an unproportioned surgery.

That nose may have been chopped down twice.

That bizarre jawline is something else.

The pillowy cheeks.

Fake fucking lips combined with those veneers.

And those fucking eyes. She clearly had multiple eye jobs, but don't they open the eyes up?

I would be terrified of her if she got nasty - that face and evil temper are probably horrible to take.

Her lids were chopped off, the undereye is non existent, and then her eyes are SO SMALL... Is that a combo of aging and surgery that just gets all stretched and flattened?

by Anonymousreply 110November 3, 2022 12:56 AM

Horrific face

by Anonymousreply 111November 3, 2022 12:59 AM

Sherrie has had more kids pulled out of her than an orphanage on fire.

by Anonymousreply 112November 3, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote]Caption this photo

Hello Cuntface!

by Anonymousreply 113November 3, 2022 1:00 AM

Phil is a nice guy, he wouldn't have stayed with her all these years if she was a beast. Are all the horror stories true or just legend?

by Anonymousreply 114November 3, 2022 1:15 AM

I didn't think she insulted Sherri - Marlo was trying to pay her compliment and it looked like Sherri enjoyed it. This story is just an attempt to start a rift.

by Anonymousreply 115November 3, 2022 1:17 AM

At some point, the aging Marlo may slip and hurl her angry, F-bomb-laden insults at someone in public, and it will be recorded and shared. I think in Marlo's view, if a guest were to comment negatively about a host's weight they would be "low class," something that is abhorrent to Marlo. She may be starting to slip, i.e., she can't always hide her own true nature.

I think "Free to be You and Me" was a public coverup for her true nature. Danny Thomas frequently said that he referred to Marlo as "Little Miss Know-It-All" as a child.

by Anonymousreply 116November 3, 2022 1:24 AM

[quote]You were so fat it was pitiful!

But you were Blanche, you were pitiful!

by Anonymousreply 117November 3, 2022 1:34 AM

Laugh now, but you could be that girl, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 3, 2022 1:42 AM

All the money and crappy ass surgery. She’s a cunt so she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 119November 3, 2022 1:47 AM

It’s much worse to be fat than have a ugly ass face that needs a bag over it.

by Anonymousreply 120November 3, 2022 1:49 AM

When you look at the R64 photo, you realize that somewhere, a small village in Lebanon is missing an old crone...

by Anonymousreply 121November 3, 2022 1:49 AM

Perhaps Marlo really does believe children are free to be themselves but adults are not

by Anonymousreply 122November 3, 2022 1:58 AM

When did Marlo morph into Steven Cojocaru at peak kidney disease?

by Anonymousreply 123November 3, 2022 2:02 AM

There are going to be some SCREAMING Tantrums...when the cunt sees this.

by Anonymousreply 124November 3, 2022 2:15 AM

Swit looks bad, but not as bad as Joan Van Ark…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 3, 2022 2:28 AM

So sad how Marlo’s face has physically been altered surgically by now into a bloated Cesar Romero’s on cortisone.

by Anonymousreply 126November 3, 2022 2:35 AM

From THAT GIRL AND PHIL ... the cold cuts story:

[quote]Marlo was in the dining room glaring at the buffet, her face pale and contorted. "How dare you serve cold cuts in my house!" she exclaimed. "It's just so low class and common! And white bread and pickles! And, my God, meat lasagna!! Fucker, you've done it again!!!" Tired of her constant abuse, I replied, "Miss Thomas, please do not use the F word in my presence. It is not a word I am accustomed to hearing. In fact, I find it quite offensive. Phil requested this buffet, and these were his explicit instructions." Marlo pushed open the swinging door to the kitchen and loudly announced so that all the help could hear, "Take no notice of Phil! He knows nothing about being graceful! And never, never serve cold cuts in my house again! Even if the guests are common enough to eat them!"

by Anonymousreply 127November 3, 2022 2:39 AM

And comments from our previous Marlo threads (there are quite a few):

[quote]I had a friend, an older lady who did a small part in that "It's a Wonderful Life" remake that Marlo did for TV. She said Marlo was the worst person she'd ever worked with, and this woman had done dozens and dozens of small parts for 40 years in movies and TV.

[quote]I've cooked for her before, she's as bad as you've heard.

[quote]My experiences with her are from restaurants and catering. She is a cunt of the highest order. She is out and out mean to "the little people". She is a screamer and would lose her shit on the littlest of things. I have no idea what goes through someone's mind who YELLS at the staff. Okay, there's a problem, let's fix it. I'm here to make sure the host and guest is happy, but calling me retarded at the top of your lungs doesn't cut it.

[quote]I worked with her when she did the tour of Six Degrees of Separation. Yes, she is as bad as reported. She loves to play power games.

[quote]I had a college instructor (theatrical set design) who worked with her. He now only refers to her as "Hitler's Daughter."

by Anonymousreply 128November 3, 2022 2:46 AM

[quote] Perhaps Marlo really does believe children are free to be themselves but adults are not

R122 We'd have to ask Marlo's stepsons because Phil had custody of them from a previous marriage when he married Marlo. I think Phil said he was, at least in part, looking for a stepmother for his sons when he started dating Marlo. Something tells me the sons were free to be the me that Marlo said they could be.

by Anonymousreply 129November 3, 2022 2:46 AM

It's dawned on me that in some ways Marlo resembles Danny Williams, her father's character on TV (who in turn probably reflected Danny Thomas). He frequently yelled at other characters who weren't doing what he wanted them to do. He couldn't use F-bombs on TV, but he could get quite loud and threatening, i.e., verbally abusive. Some of the TV episodes ended with Danny getting a comeuppance, but many didn't, and either way, his character was a sweetheart by the end of every episode (classic abusive personality behavior). Danny Thomas was a successful producer in addition to being an entertainer. Maybe Marlo got the message that behaving in a controlling and verbally abusive manner was how you get ahead in the world.

by Anonymousreply 130November 3, 2022 3:00 AM

At least the host had the manners not to bring up freakish plastic surgery jobs.

by Anonymousreply 131November 3, 2022 3:05 AM

Marlo!!! Bring me the windex !!! Don't ask any questions either !!

by Anonymousreply 132November 3, 2022 4:03 AM

To be fair to Sherri, I don’t think it’s fat, I think one of her multiple abortions didn’t “take.”

by Anonymousreply 133November 3, 2022 4:12 AM

Loretta Young is really Marlo's mother. Danny Thomas got Loretta pregnant, but it was kept very hush hush at the time to protect Loretta and Ms. Danny Thomas. Loretta became Marlo's "godmother."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 3, 2022 4:19 AM

^ Did Clark Gable know? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 135November 3, 2022 4:32 AM

That former home of Danny Thomas sold in 2017 for $65 million (they originally asked $135 million). If you look at the satellite view now, it's a construction site. Apparently the entire place was torn down. 1187 N. Hillcrest Road in Beverly Hills.

by Anonymousreply 136November 3, 2022 5:04 AM

It's probably the best lot in Beverly Hills. The views are spectacular. But Danny had shit taste, and Rosie was a drunk. I had the misfortune to be invited after Danny died, and I almost wet myself laughing.

The only good thing we got out of that family was Tony and the Golden Girls- not counting St. Judes.

by Anonymousreply 137November 3, 2022 5:23 AM

^ For good reason. The most hideous house on the most beautiful property. I kept looking at the pictures wondering, "What the hell do you do in this room? What the hell do you do in this space? Oh, ANOTHER glass coffee table" 🙄

by Anonymousreply 138November 3, 2022 5:23 AM

Without hearing Marlo’s voice, I’d have been hard-pressed to pick her out in a lineup.

by Anonymousreply 139November 3, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]I specifically CANNOT STAND that nosejob,

That cannot be the first nose job Marlo had on That Girl. It might be the second or third.

by Anonymousreply 140November 3, 2022 5:55 AM

Isn’t Marlo’s father Danny Thomas a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 141November 3, 2022 6:04 AM

Marlo had ONE nose job prior to That Girl. The others were ktong after .

by Anonymousreply 142November 3, 2022 8:40 AM

Marlo’s face doesn’t move anymore. She was enamored with Sherri’s big titties though.

by Anonymousreply 143November 3, 2022 8:41 AM

R143 Reminds me of those 2000s Botox commercials. “EXPRESSSSS YOSELF!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 144November 3, 2022 8:42 AM

[Quote]I'm here to make sure the host and guest is happy, but calling me retarded at the top of your lungs doesn't cut it.

I fucking love Marlo Thomas for this. She's in Joan territory.

by Anonymousreply 145November 3, 2022 8:44 AM

R145 Both in Jocelyn Wildenstein territory. 🐯

by Anonymousreply 146November 3, 2022 8:49 AM

Hey Colombian Trophy Wife Lesbian at r25, I’ve also heard many stories about Marlo’s raging cuntitude at St. Jude from other employees there, including my ex.

Want to have lunch???

by Anonymousreply 147November 3, 2022 9:59 AM

Is St. Jude packed with glamour lesbian oncologists?

by Anonymousreply 148November 3, 2022 10:06 AM

It took me a while but I finally figured it out: she looks like Charo.

by Anonymousreply 149November 3, 2022 10:15 AM

That must have been Marlo, r87. The ladies were her, Ashley, and Dana Ivey, and Ivey looks great for her age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 3, 2022 10:17 AM

FYI. Baranquilla, Colombia is considered a good retirement locale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 3, 2022 10:18 AM

Can she really like what she sees in the mirror?!

by Anonymousreply 152November 3, 2022 10:52 AM

Marlo looks like the bloated, trailer trash you see here in Tampa.

by Anonymousreply 153November 3, 2022 11:03 AM

Oh my God!

by Anonymousreply 154November 3, 2022 11:15 AM

R143. She had her first nose job in 1960/1961 as pictured.

It was successful but then she had the bridge shaved down further prior to That Girl in 1963.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 3, 2022 11:23 AM

In 1963.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 3, 2022 11:23 AM

Blind Item ... . This A- list actress/writer/producer just got some truly awful work done to her face and should never use that plastic surgeon again. Marlo Thomas

by Anonymousreply 157November 3, 2022 11:32 AM

What does Phil Donahue do all day?

by Anonymousreply 158November 3, 2022 11:36 AM

Another rich actress who let herself go. Is she on steroids? Shameful!

by Anonymousreply 159November 3, 2022 11:39 AM

"Why, why, WHY do you all make me act like a cunt?! Why do you make me say and do all these angry things?"

by Anonymousreply 160November 3, 2022 12:18 PM

Did Marlo sneak into the Boots video with Nancy Sinatra? Heard a story that she wanted to be in it but her father would not let her so you used another name as one of the dancers. Anyone know if this is true? Not just the hair, but the face looks a LOT like her. She did a That Girl episode about a year later titled: These Boots Weren't Made for Walking.

Check out frame: 246

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 3, 2022 12:23 PM

R137…of COURSE he had shit taste…look at what he ate!

by Anonymousreply 162November 3, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote]What does Phil Donahue do all day?

He wanders the streets of New York with a microphone randomly yelling out "is the caller there?"

by Anonymousreply 163November 3, 2022 5:50 PM

^ While he's out there is he also looking for his self-respect for marrying such a shrew?

by Anonymousreply 164November 3, 2022 5:52 PM

The Thomas house looked like a casino with all the slot machines missing.

by Anonymousreply 165November 3, 2022 6:07 PM

It would appear that That Cunt truly has the face that she has earned.

by Anonymousreply 166November 3, 2022 6:12 PM

There was a font right by the front door, I kid you not.

by Anonymousreply 167November 3, 2022 6:13 PM

Why, my dear friend Marlo Thomas! I hardly recognized her. Her face looks like the pumpkin that Driver ran over in the street the other day.

by Anonymousreply 168November 3, 2022 6:21 PM

Y'all are MEAN! I think Chucky looks fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 169November 3, 2022 6:38 PM

R134, Marlo and Loretta were competitors at the 1987 Golden Globe Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 3, 2022 6:58 PM

If you're ever ordering breakfast and you see 'eggs Danny Thomas style with pressed ham' on the menu DON'T get it!

by Anonymousreply 171November 4, 2022 4:43 AM

She said she's sorry, but explained that Sherri was okay with the "compliment." She realizes that people can't say things in that way anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 4, 2022 5:02 AM

What’s sad is that if Marlo Thomas hadn’t had all of that plastic surgery, she’d still look just fine.

Look at Liv Ullmann!

Liv Ullmann is only a year younger than Marlo. I have seen Liv in recent interviews she has done for the Criterion Collection. She still looks great and - you know what - had no work done.

With all of the money Marlo and other people in the spotlight have, one would think they could just spend it on dietitians, meal plans, nutritionists, personal trainers, etc instead of on plastic surgery that backfires ultimately. To think - I got crucified on the YouTube comments in one video of an interview with Marlo despite mentioning her work for St. Jude’s research. What a shame!

by Anonymousreply 173November 4, 2022 5:10 AM

Marlo's terrible nose jobs prove she's NOT Loretta Young's daughter. Her mom, Rose Marie, was Sicilian American.

Here is Marlo's mom, her nose looks altered too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 4, 2022 5:19 AM

R173, Marlo spends on all those things. Hopefully, Phil has bad cataracts.

by Anonymousreply 175November 4, 2022 5:46 AM

Would love to know more where her meanness comes from. It's legendary, isn't it?

It's so much and so excessive, her father would be embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 176November 4, 2022 5:57 AM

The clip at r172 is brutal. What a shame. She could have been a pretty old lady.

by Anonymousreply 177November 4, 2022 6:00 AM

I'll post tomorrow, I have stories.

by Anonymousreply 178November 4, 2022 6:01 AM

Marlo looks like 40 miles of bad road. Is she blind????

by Anonymousreply 179November 4, 2022 6:03 AM

A few years ago I saw Marlo on Larry King Live and it was uncomfortable watching the interview because when Larry and the callers complimented her, she didn't said thank you or even smile. I wouldn't have expected that. No warmth.

by Anonymousreply 180November 4, 2022 6:16 AM

* say

by Anonymousreply 181November 4, 2022 6:17 AM

Was Marlo molested or raped? I don't understand why she's so angry, cold and bitter.

Most people would loved to have grown up so privileged and well-connected.

by Anonymousreply 182November 4, 2022 6:42 AM

Yes, she's had a very easy and pampered life. Most people would kill to have the kind of live she's lived.

by Anonymousreply 183November 4, 2022 6:44 AM

She's Hollywood Royalty pampered from birth. However she's a black belt Dem so I have to give her a pass in these times.

by Anonymousreply 184November 4, 2022 6:49 AM

[quote]Was Marlo molested or raped? I don't understand why she's so angry, cold and bitter. Most people would loved to have grown up so privileged and well-connected.

Have you seen Donald Trump JR? or Trump for that matter. BOTH were raised in way more privileged and wealthy families and yet always angry.

by Anonymousreply 185November 4, 2022 7:36 AM

^^Republican Establishment Royalty.

by Anonymousreply 186November 4, 2022 7:37 AM

Sherri's just being phony in her response so she can look good & not lose this job. It's all she has now.

by Anonymousreply 187November 4, 2022 8:00 AM

Why would she lose her job?

by Anonymousreply 188November 4, 2022 11:12 AM

Add me to the list of folks who can’t figure out why Marlo Thomas is so mean and bitter to people. She had a pampered, privileged upbringing —I could understand if she was at times clueless or tone-deaf, but she seems to be angry and nasty to anyone she seems beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 189November 4, 2022 3:16 PM

DEEMS beneath her.

(I’ll “Oh. dear” myself.

by Anonymousreply 190November 4, 2022 3:17 PM

When Jerry Brown was governor of California (the first time around), he served the visiting Prince Charles of Wales a sandwich spread which featured cold cuts for lunch. Granted, they came from Sacramento's gourmet Italian grocery. How are Genoa salami, soppressata, prosciutto, and capicola not "classy?"

by Anonymousreply 191November 4, 2022 3:32 PM

Did Danny Thomas shit on Marlo?

by Anonymousreply 192November 4, 2022 4:04 PM

Her father was a queen and so was her hubby. Her nose looks great from the front. Side view looks horrible. Deport

by Anonymousreply 193November 4, 2022 4:12 PM

Marlo and Phil are proof that opposites attract. I will never understand why he would marry that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 194November 4, 2022 4:19 PM

I didn't realize how wealthy Donahue is (or how much she inherited). A penthouse, a Connecticut estate, a 40 ft. yacht and the staff to run it all.

by Anonymousreply 195November 4, 2022 4:24 PM

That Ghoul

by Anonymousreply 196November 4, 2022 4:31 PM

If you think her restaurant manners are bad, can you imagine what her surgeons and their staff have experienced?

In this 2021 clip, Phil appears to have been recently refreshed, likely encouraged by Marlo before their podcast publicity tour.

Phil: "I don't want to look like one of those GUYS. Do I look like one of those GUYS?" Marlo: "Honey, it will relax. You already look better."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 4, 2022 4:41 PM

R194 why did Harry marry Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 198November 4, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] Fat Girl!

Donuts....croissants.....That Fat Girl!

by Anonymousreply 199November 4, 2022 4:55 PM

R195, they had all those things long before Danny died. Marlo produced and owns many of her projects, including That Girl. Her brother Tony did Golden Girls, among others. If you want an idea of what Marlo would look like without such extensive surgery, Google Terri Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 200November 4, 2022 5:02 PM

Oops, that's Terre.

by Anonymousreply 201November 4, 2022 5:37 PM

The time when Thomas stole the Broadway role from Valerie Harper.....

Back in the winter of 1974, Valerie Harper was replaced by Marlo Thomas in the play "Thieves" by Herb Gardner while the show was wrapping up out-of-town tryouts in Boston. Director Michael Bennett had also left the show.

Thomas was in a long-term relationship with Gardner, and she replaced Harper when the play went to Broadway in April, 1974. Thomas told the press that Harper quit the show 'without any notice', because she was offered her own spin-off series on CBS and had to start filming. Thomas said newly-hired director Charles Grodin told Gardner he wouldn't do the show unless Thomas was hired as the star. Thomas explained that's how she ended up with the Broadway role. (Again, this is what Marlo was telling the press as to why she replaced Harper).

Harper was furious, as this was not the truth and she was looking forward to opening on Broadway. Yet Harper kept quiet at the time, as she wanted to focus on 'Rhoda' and generate good press for her new series - which didn't start filming until July, 1974.

Harper later told the truth of what really happened - Thomas really wanted to be a Broadway star after years on television, and threatened to end her relationship with Gardner if he didn't fire Harper and replace her with Thomas. Harper was very up front: she was fired from the show for no reason other than Thomas was the long-time girlfriend of Gardner. (Apparently, when Bennett found out what was going on - he quit the production, as he knew this was not fair to Harper). Harper made it clear in interviews that "Rhoda" had nothing to do with her leaving the show - she was going to open in April, 1974 and stay for at least three months on Broadway, then begin her new series. It was all well-planned, and agreed upon with Gardner.

The show opened in early April, 1974 with Thomas in the role, and received mixed reviews (Harper got better reviews in Boston). It ran for 300+ performances, closing in January, 1975. A feature film was made in 1977, and Thomas starred once again. The film got mixed reviews and didn't do too well at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 202November 4, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote]Did Danny Thomas shit on Marlo?

Make Boom For Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 203November 4, 2022 5:59 PM

I worked with Valerie Harper in the 90s and she was absolutely lovely, a total sweetheart of a person.

by Anonymousreply 204November 4, 2022 6:02 PM

Stealth scat thread.

by Anonymousreply 205November 4, 2022 6:03 PM

You cannot have a thread about Danny Thomas without talking about shit r205.

by Anonymousreply 206November 4, 2022 6:06 PM

Interesting, R202, I’d always wondered what happened with Valerie Harper and Michael Bennett in “Thieves”!

by Anonymousreply 207November 4, 2022 6:15 PM

Tony never married? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 208November 4, 2022 6:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 4, 2022 6:17 PM

To R203.....Great comment! You are sooooo wrong on so many levels, at least I spit my coffee back in my giant mug. Thanks for making me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 210November 4, 2022 6:20 PM

I'd love to run into cunts like this one or Fake Dunaway some day and put them in their place, not with reason but by giving them the scare of their fucked up, miserable lives, so that they'd never try to intimidate another person again.

by Anonymousreply 211November 4, 2022 6:22 PM

This is a well-filtered photo of Marlo and her siblings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 4, 2022 6:23 PM

R208, Tony is on wife #2.

by Anonymousreply 213November 4, 2022 6:24 PM

I love Marlo! She even makes ME look good.

by Anonymousreply 214November 4, 2022 6:29 PM

Phil seems like the type to carry Marlo's purse and ALWAYS have some hand sanitizer and a tissue at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 215November 4, 2022 6:33 PM

Marlo’s extreme facial plastic surgeries have even affected how she speaks

by Anonymousreply 216November 4, 2022 6:34 PM

It's funny how Danny Thomas's career as an entertainer is totally forgotten today, he was a household name in his time. Somewhat comparable to Jerry Seinfeld now.

If anybody knows Danny Thomas at all now, it's because of St. Jude's, a punchline on the Golden Girls and that disgusting coffee table anecdote.

by Anonymousreply 217November 4, 2022 6:36 PM

If anybody knows Danny Thomas at all now, it's because of St. Jude

A wonderful legacy if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 218November 4, 2022 6:38 PM

We talk about Danny Thomas often enough here so how forgotten can he be? Plus St. Jude. He's got the finest Hollywood legacy.

by Anonymousreply 219November 4, 2022 6:42 PM

DL isn't the real world r219. Older gay men are repositories of pop culture history, unlike the general population.

by Anonymousreply 220November 4, 2022 6:46 PM

I saw my dear neighbor Marlo Thomas running into the elevator of our building the other day - but looking at her face, you would have thought the elevator ran in to her.

by Anonymousreply 221November 4, 2022 6:50 PM

Now that all is forgiven, watch my movie tonight.

Or else…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 4, 2022 6:57 PM

He did have other interests... In association with Aaron Spelling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 4, 2022 6:57 PM

Shat Girl!

by Anonymousreply 224November 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Does Heloise have any hints for shitting on a glass coffee table? Coasters or doilies? What is the proper etiquette for the shitter and shittee?

by Anonymousreply 225November 4, 2022 9:08 PM

I’m not Heloise and cannot speak to proper etiquette, but I do know that the shitter should always demand payment upfront.

by Anonymousreply 226November 4, 2022 9:12 PM

Not even a hint of Marlo's old face in Op's picture. When she guested on Friends 25 years ago she was already pretty far gone but you could still faintly recognize her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 4, 2022 9:42 PM

I recall the uproar when the movie “Jenny” was released because Marlo bared a breast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 4, 2022 10:44 PM

The way she says the word FOOD is strange and off putting since her facial skin is tighter than a drum.

by Anonymousreply 229November 4, 2022 11:36 PM

R228 And that wasn't her original one, either!

by Anonymousreply 230November 5, 2022 1:34 AM

Marlo should have asked Ellen Burstyn (who is 5 years older) for the name of her cosmetic surgeon years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 5, 2022 1:55 AM

Other than overeating, what is it that makes a woman's body puff out like Marlo's after a certain age?

by Anonymousreply 232November 5, 2022 2:01 AM

An expensive dress like that, and her nipples are showing. Trashy.

by Anonymousreply 233November 5, 2022 2:04 AM

This Marlo person sounds like a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 234November 5, 2022 2:59 AM

[quote]The time when Thomas stole the Broadway role from Valerie Harper.....Back in the winter of 1974, Valerie Harper was replaced by Marlo Thomas in the play "Thieves" by Herb Gardner while the show was wrapping up out-of-town tryouts in Boston. Director Michael Bennett had also left the show.

Marlo tried to fuck over Valerie Harper now she looks like a bloated Miss Piggy...

Sandy Duncan tried to fuck over Valerie and now she's only got one eye..

Yeah, mock the Sicilian curse...fuck around and find out.

by Anonymousreply 235November 5, 2022 4:43 AM

Gardner was Marlo's boyfriend. Karma bit them in the asses when they made a movie of Thieves in 1977 and the only thing worse than the reviews was the box office.

by Anonymousreply 236November 5, 2022 4:49 AM

It's ironic because marlo is the only straight actress I know of and she acts like a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 237November 5, 2022 4:49 AM

[quote]An expensive dress like that, and her nipples are showing. Trashy.

And it's where they're showing...down near her bloated belly...ewwwh

by Anonymousreply 238November 5, 2022 4:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 5, 2022 4:54 AM

MARLO IS AN EMASCULATING CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 240November 5, 2022 4:57 AM

Looking at the Thomas family when the kids were young they all had very to large noses.

by Anonymousreply 241November 5, 2022 4:59 AM

How did Phil Donahue get so fucking rich? He lives like a king FFS. His talk show ended decades ago and he's hardly done anything since.

by Anonymousreply 242November 5, 2022 5:03 AM

I would not have recognized her without this thread. She looks horrific.

I wanted to be her circa That Girl.

by Anonymousreply 243November 5, 2022 5:18 AM

R231, not only Marlo but Tovah Feldshuh also looks awful in that picture.

Ellen Burstyn looks great. She actually looks like herself.

by Anonymousreply 244November 5, 2022 5:29 AM

I was taking a shit earlier and it reminded me of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 245November 5, 2022 5:35 AM

Where's the guy who promised to come back with new marlo stories? Spill, DL teaser!

by Anonymousreply 246November 5, 2022 5:41 AM

I was taking a shit earlier and it reminded me of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 247November 5, 2022 5:42 AM

On another thread someone said Ellen Burstyn had a great facelift done in her 60s, then left things more or less alone. Either that or she sold her child's soul to Pazuzu in exchange for eternal youth.

by Anonymousreply 248November 5, 2022 5:50 AM

Burstyn looks very good in this 70's film A Dream of Passion shot in Greece. She's excellent here, the best thing about this modern/ancient take on Medea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 5, 2022 6:11 AM

Phil got rich like most talk show hosts, syndication. It costs nothing to produce the shows. Almost all profit.

by Anonymousreply 250November 5, 2022 6:16 AM

How DARE you say my face looks like SHIT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 5, 2022 6:43 AM

Dear God!

by Anonymousreply 252November 5, 2022 6:50 AM

She looks like a Hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 253November 5, 2022 6:55 AM

She's a rich old lady who can't accept she's not 29 anymore and she looks it

by Anonymousreply 254November 5, 2022 7:02 AM

What was the terrible flop she was in after That Girl where she tried to play a very serious roll? No humor at all, people didnt like it. Public sort of resented that she was trying to be a real actor. Anyone remember the name?

by Anonymousreply 255November 5, 2022 7:13 AM

Yes, I remember the name. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 256November 5, 2022 7:21 AM

OMG.

by Anonymousreply 257November 5, 2022 8:23 AM

R255, See R228

by Anonymousreply 258November 5, 2022 9:49 AM

Marlo isn’t exactly Angelina Jolie. And that face. If I was Sherri (I hate that cackling racist conspiracy theorist) I’d say BITCH AT LEAST MY FACE DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A PERMANENT HALLOWEEN COSTUME YOU GODDAMN ALIEN FREAK!

by Anonymousreply 259November 5, 2022 11:49 AM

Never in a million years would I have guessed that was Marlo Thomas. Her face is hilariously hideous.

While I wouldn’t have considered her comment particularly NICE, I don’t consider it “fat-shaming”.

by Anonymousreply 260November 5, 2022 12:20 PM

I saw Marlo on the Today Show yesterday. Besides her freaky face, I noticed that she is quite plump. Hardly skinny. Bitch had no business calling Sherri out about weight.

by Anonymousreply 261November 5, 2022 12:42 PM

Why did Donahue always look/act slightly effeminate? Now he looks like a lady in pink.

by Anonymousreply 262November 5, 2022 3:40 PM

Every Christmas they trot out ads from Marlo Thomas trying to look sexy and asking for donations to St. Jude Children’s Hospital. If they update the ad for 2022, I sure as hell hope they use a Barbara Walters-level Gaussian filter on Marlo’s face or they are going to scare the hell out of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 263November 5, 2022 3:54 PM

[quote] Why did Donahue always look/act slightly effeminate? Now he looks like a lady in pink.

At least Phil Donahue is a proper lady. The same cannot be said for Marlo Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 264November 5, 2022 4:03 PM

Phil is so rich because he's married to Marlo, who's a billionaire. The residuals from her father's old TV shows have made her richer than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 265November 5, 2022 4:04 PM

Phil was Oprah before Oprah, he's made plenty of his own money

by Anonymousreply 266November 5, 2022 4:15 PM

She looks straight out of Avatar.

by Anonymousreply 267November 5, 2022 4:26 PM

“Thieves” in Boston, before Marlo wielded that magic pussy and Valerie Harper and Michael Bennett were sent packing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268November 5, 2022 4:29 PM

R268 Wow, “Professor” Irwin Corey, he of Burlesque comedian fame, was in the cast. I’d like to have been a fly on the wall when he and Marlo were with each other off-stage, assuming they ever were. She was so caught-up in being “high class” and Corey was the epitome of a “low class” comic. Then again, because Danny Thomas began as a “saloon singer,” Marlo and Corey actually had a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 269November 5, 2022 5:19 PM

R269, I saw it in Boston, with Marlo. Irwin Corey played her father and he was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 270November 5, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote]She was so caught-up in being “high class” and Corey was the epitome of a “low class” comic. Then again, because Danny Thomas began as a “saloon singer,” Marlo and Corey actually had a lot in common.

Marlo is very typical of a person who is only one generation removed from blue collar roots, she's obsessed with what's "high class" vs. "low class" and is very insecure about it. This is also true about people who were actually raised blue collar and then moved upward socioeconomically. The low class/high class thing is almost pathological with them.

We see this on DL constantly with so a lot of DLers who are from the same kinds of backgrounds. You can always spot it immediately.

by Anonymousreply 271November 5, 2022 6:04 PM

^ Oh, please, she was raised in Beverly Hills and is the daughter of Hollywood Royalty 🙄

by Anonymousreply 272November 5, 2022 6:17 PM

r272 Danny Thomas was from a blue collar background. Lots of people one generation removed from that are insecure. God, the reading comprehension on this site sucks.

by Anonymousreply 273November 5, 2022 6:23 PM

^ The generalizations of whole groups of people you don't know sucks even more 😠

by Anonymousreply 274November 5, 2022 6:27 PM

lmao r263 It wouldn't be Christmas without those scary ads of Marlo !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 5, 2022 6:28 PM

"Thomas was raised in Toledo, Ohio, attending St. Francis de Sales Church, Woodward High School, and finally the University of Toledo, where he was a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity"

He was a frat boy. Not exactly your poor, wrong side of the tracks immigrant orphan 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276November 5, 2022 6:32 PM

He was in Flahooley, r269...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 5, 2022 6:49 PM

ugh, her voice at r275! Was it always that bad?

by Anonymousreply 278November 5, 2022 11:46 PM

Her many nose surgeries have damaged her sinus cavities...

Her voice has sounded like twisting styrofoam for years and it's just gotten worse

by Anonymousreply 279November 5, 2022 11:49 PM

R248- She definitely did- right after filming (maybe before?) Requiem For a Dream. She looked absolutely beautiful- but not like a freak. Great work.

by Anonymousreply 280November 6, 2022 12:00 AM

R277 After listening to Irwin Corey perform that number, I envisioned him as a mystery guest on “What’s My Line,” coming on in his oversized tailcoat and with disheveled hair, Arlene Francis asking, “Have you appeared in the legitimate theatre?,” Corey answering “Yes,” and John Charles Daly turning all the cards over early because Corey was stumping the panel.

On TV, I saw Corey doing only his “professor” act, so it’s interesting to learn that there was more to him than that.

by Anonymousreply 281November 6, 2022 12:42 AM

[quote]He was a frat boy. Not exactly your poor, wrong side of the tracks immigrant orphan 🙄

He was raised blue collar and was a saloon singer. You do nothing but attack other posters. All you do is vitriolic remarks, you add nothing to any conversation.

by Anonymousreply 282November 6, 2022 1:09 AM

R278, plus years of chain-smoking. She's just a few notes higher than Henry Kissinger.

by Anonymousreply 283November 6, 2022 1:23 AM

^ and they wear the same size...

by Anonymousreply 284November 6, 2022 1:25 AM

The Hallmark movie she's in is on right now. Her face looks "better" in it, no doubt due to all the filters, lighting, wigs, hats, etc..

But she still shuffles and waddles like a 90-year old Hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 285November 6, 2022 1:29 AM

[quote]lmao [R263] It wouldn't be Christmas without those scary ads of Marlo

Marlo is under a lot of pressure now to compete with the dwarfs from the Shriner ads. They are trying to steal donors from her and St. Jude's, but Marlo won't go down without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 286November 6, 2022 1:44 AM

^ yeah if they're going to use dwarfs to raise money...then we'll bring out our old crone/hobbit

by Anonymousreply 287November 6, 2022 1:48 AM

[quote]But she still shuffles and waddles like a 90-year old Hobbit.

r285 Marlo IS a 90-year old hobbit!

by Anonymousreply 288November 6, 2022 2:02 AM

^ But she is filled with a ton of expensive injectables

by Anonymousreply 289November 6, 2022 2:16 AM

Thanks be to the public library system; I’ve been cackling all day reading a loaner copy of That Girl and Phil! Thanks to those on DL who have mentioned this gossipy goldmine of a book. Definitely worth the read.

I wish some uber snooty Brit would read the book on tape.

by Anonymousreply 290November 6, 2022 2:21 AM

"OMG, Aaron Carter is dead and Marlo Thomas is still alive - why, why why?

by Anonymousreply 291November 6, 2022 2:29 AM

lmao r291

by Anonymousreply 292November 6, 2022 2:37 AM

Christ. I used to watch "That Girl" as a kid. Marlo was so adorable and chic. If my eight-year-old self time traveled to today and saw that clip, he'd start crying with fright and horror. Why can't some people age gracefully?

by Anonymousreply 293November 6, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote]Thanks be to the public library system; I’ve been cackling all day reading a loaner copy of That Girl and Phil! Thanks to those on DL who have mentioned this gossipy goldmine of a book. Definitely worth the read.

Paperback or hardback? For the paperback Desmond included an appendix of the letters he'd gotten from stews, servers, cashiers and other people who were terrorized by Marlo. It's all completely unverified and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 294November 6, 2022 2:46 AM

Look how cute she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295November 6, 2022 2:54 AM

^ Were there letters from flight attendants...

Marlo has apparently had her share of run-ins with airline personnel.

She apparently likes to give instructions to the pilots through the flight attendants, about the cabin temperature, volume of the P.A. system, and other important details of the flight.

And it's been said she hates going to Memphis (where St. Jude is based), because she considers it flyover town that's beneath her

by Anonymousreply 296November 6, 2022 2:57 AM

When I was a kid, this family we knew had a daughter who was a stew. She said Marlo was one of her flights and was a real snot. No details, but it sticks out in my mind because the daughter was glamorous to me, and I knew next to no one who'd had actual celebrity encounters. This was in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 297November 6, 2022 3:00 AM

R68 Marlo loves to go on about "That Girl" being the first feminist sitcom, but that clip - jeez.

by Anonymousreply 298November 6, 2022 3:17 AM

Atholl said after he quit, Marlo convinced him to come to her apartment to discuss her current "staffing problems." Shortly after he arrived she revealed that she knew he was writing a book and had even had a chapter leaked to her by an insider at the publishing company. She told him she was, like many creative people, temperamental by nature and explained that a tell-all book could destroy her reputation. She asked him, very calmly, to reconsider publishing the book for the sake of their friendship. Atholl explained that he intended the book to be amusing, not vindictive, and that he wanted to be a writer and this was his best chance to get published. At that point she lost her temper and warned him, "Look you fucker: you'll never pull this off! You're not smart enough!"

by Anonymousreply 299November 6, 2022 3:22 AM

^ And she's been doing that ad nauseum since the 1970s when she constantly compared The Mary Tyler Moore Show, unfavorably to her show "That Girl" saying hers was the first show about single-girl living on her own...and that she made it possible for Mary's show

by Anonymousreply 300November 6, 2022 3:22 AM

Try watching "That Cunt" and count the times she says "Oh Donald!" or "Oh Daddy!" in a single episode...

by Anonymousreply 301November 6, 2022 3:24 AM

Weren't "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" feminist shows in that regard? Single woman making it on her own?

by Anonymousreply 302November 6, 2022 3:38 AM

^ that's not the way Marlo and her PR team have been spinning it for the last 50 years or so...

by Anonymousreply 303November 6, 2022 3:39 AM

@r302, Except Lucy Carmichael had a trust fund left by her dead husband and didn't work. Viv was divorced and receiving alimony. They weren't THAT independent

by Anonymousreply 304November 6, 2022 4:17 AM

^ And you think Ann-Marie was making an independent living as a failing actress in NYC with that expensive apartment and designer wardrobe?

by Anonymousreply 305November 6, 2022 4:19 AM

Marlo was always a psycho bitch from hell.

by Anonymousreply 306November 6, 2022 4:21 AM

@r305, No, I don't. She had to call Donald to come over and kill a spider. Poor Donald never got any action in return. What a cuck

by Anonymousreply 307November 6, 2022 5:10 AM

R299 and others, it's worth noting that not only was she concerned it would hurt her reputation (basically admitting he was telling the truth), she also didn't SUE to stop the publication of the book. So you know what he and others said was true.

by Anonymousreply 308November 6, 2022 5:21 AM

R296, And yet, Danny is buried there in an ostentatious tomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 6, 2022 5:24 AM

^ Christ, that's tackier than his house 😳

by Anonymousreply 310November 6, 2022 5:26 AM

The tomb is lovely. It's a family tomb. I'm used to ornate Latin and Italian family tombs so Danny's is restrained in comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311November 6, 2022 5:40 AM

" It's a family tomb"

So, Marlo is spending all of eternity in Memphis? 😂

by Anonymousreply 312November 6, 2022 5:51 AM

🙈 Marlo looks like she's morphed into an 85 year old Mariah Carey.

by Anonymousreply 313November 6, 2022 5:57 AM

I wonder if she digs into the pot for St. Jude’s. Like Jerry Lewis did for his charity.

by Anonymousreply 314November 6, 2022 5:23 AM

Why would she? She's been rich from her own projects for decades. Whatever she got from Daddy was just a bonus. And she's got no kids, just nieces and nephews that have rich parents as well. If anything, I'll bet she leaves a huge endowment to St. Jude's.

by Anonymousreply 315November 6, 2022 5:35 AM

She's just a cunt

by Anonymousreply 316November 6, 2022 5:55 AM

Liza, Lorna, Joey et al are going to lie down here next to mama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 6, 2022 7:49 AM

R299, I love that story! She bitched him out just like all the stories he was collecting of her bitching other people out! And she expected him to not be capable of going ahead and writing the book! What a cunt! I can't believe someone with a temper like that has had the career she's had, especially with that hideous voice she has. But being a nepotism baby and making a strategic marriage go a long way.

by Anonymousreply 318November 6, 2022 8:30 AM

If DL could be any cunt….

by Anonymousreply 319November 6, 2022 8:44 AM

R315, She has five stepchildren from Phil.

by Anonymousreply 320November 6, 2022 9:33 AM

Is Marlo Thomas trying to impersonate Divine in that pic?

by Anonymousreply 321November 6, 2022 11:09 AM

[quote]I sure as hell hope they use a Barbara Walters-level Gaussian filter

I think that's one of the new Photoshop filters: Barbara Walters Gaussian Blur

by Anonymousreply 322November 6, 2022 11:48 AM

R322, It was originally created for Doris Day.

by Anonymousreply 323November 6, 2022 12:20 PM

It looks like Sherri is tape measuring Marlo’s waist and is laughing like a hyena at how fat she’s become

by Anonymousreply 324November 6, 2022 12:29 PM

Marlo, go pay royalties to the songwriters for Free To Be... You and Me. Fucked up that you didn't.

by Anonymousreply 325November 6, 2022 12:38 PM

Every year around Christmas, CVS cashiers ask each customer if they would like to donate to St. Jude’s and my standard response is “No, I don’t care to fund Marlo’s next surgical procedure.”

by Anonymousreply 326November 6, 2022 12:45 PM

R294 My library system has the hardcover not the paperback with the extra dirt on Marlo. Pity!

by Anonymousreply 327November 6, 2022 1:01 PM

Marlo and Alison talk about their movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328November 6, 2022 3:09 PM

Marlo and Alison talk about their movie.

OMFG they could be twins

by Anonymousreply 329November 6, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote]She told him she was, like many creative people, temperamental by nature and explained that a tell-all book could destroy her reputation.

"But Marlo, the book won't destroy your reputation as a raging cunt at all. It will only add to it."

by Anonymousreply 330November 6, 2022 3:17 PM

R328 they shoot horses, don’t they?

by Anonymousreply 331November 6, 2022 4:00 PM

Bitch can’t say food without sounding foreign

by Anonymousreply 332November 6, 2022 5:21 PM

It's very telling that that video at R328 has 1.7 thousand views, yet there's only three reviews on IMDB, and one of the three is not very favorable:

"When I saw Marlo Thomas attached to this movie, I was eager to see it. I'm an original Marlo Thomas fan since That Girl back in the 60s. However, her role in this movie didn't work for me, and I believe that was a failure by the writers.

They went for kind of a zany hippy but wise character who was irresponsible but several times promoted the idea that "the universe will make things right". The dialogue simply sounded contrived and delusional.

I also found it painful to watch her. Marlo has done a lot of great things, including continuing to support and promote her father's effort with St. Jude's hospital, but she's also now a cautionary tale for any older woman considering plastic surgery. It doesn't look good on her ... at all. But with the face lift and died hair, they had her playing a role probably 25 years younger than her actual age, and that didn't work well, either."

by Anonymousreply 333November 7, 2022 7:15 AM

Stay home and eat hummus kids.

by Anonymousreply 334November 7, 2022 7:20 AM

Marlo Thomas, shouldn't be saying anything about anyone else's looks. Her damn, face looks like its sliding right off of her skull. Ugly inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 335November 7, 2022 8:56 AM

Misogyny writ large on this thread by jealous fags.

by Anonymousreply 336November 7, 2022 10:42 AM

If you're too poor to afford real antique china, I hope you buy these knockoffs with designs inspired by my real life travels with Phil. Just make sure you don't serve too much food on them, or you will end up super fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 7, 2022 2:11 PM

Marlo herself is FAT. And that fake face…………..

by Anonymousreply 338November 7, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote]when Larry and the callers complimented her, she didn't said thank you or even smile.

Why should I? Complimenting me is just protocol.

by Anonymousreply 339November 7, 2022 2:38 PM

She was so pretty as a young woman. So sad she ended up with the face she has now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340November 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Marlo was already 29 years old when “That Girl” premiered, playing a much younger character.

by Anonymousreply 341November 7, 2022 3:16 PM

That Girl was a groundbreaking TV show for its time. It hit at the moment when feminism and the women's movement was just starting to take hold in society. A lot of young women and girls gravitated towards the Ann Marie character. There's a reason why it's remained in pop culture for as long as it has.

Marlo was smart in not having them marry in the series finale, because she didn't want a cop out ending and betray her female audience. Supposedly there was going to be a reunion movie in the 80's that showed that they had eventually grown apart and found other people.

by Anonymousreply 342November 7, 2022 10:13 PM

R342 Just the usual DL eldergay reminder that Diahann Carroll in the early 1960s and Ann Sothern in the 1950s played single career women whose lives revolved around their careers more than finding a boyfriend or husband.

by Anonymousreply 343November 8, 2022 3:44 AM

R343, “Julia” premiered in September of 1968, two years after “That Girl”.

by Anonymousreply 344November 8, 2022 5:10 AM

Single career woman pioneer Hazel premiered in 1961.

by Anonymousreply 345November 8, 2022 5:18 AM

Hazel was a single career HAG.

by Anonymousreply 346November 8, 2022 7:32 AM

Hazel was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 347November 8, 2022 8:01 AM

R344 Thanks. I had an eldergay moment!

by Anonymousreply 348November 8, 2022 2:42 PM

R342 What part of That girl hitting at the right moment do you not get?

Ann Sothern's show was in the early to mid 50's, when women as domesticated Surburban housewife was at its peak.

And who the fuck was hungering to be Shirley Booth?

by Anonymousreply 349November 8, 2022 5:26 PM

Ted Bessell and Bernie Kopell both had thick, phat asses on That Girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350November 8, 2022 6:01 PM

Bernie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 8, 2022 6:02 PM

Ted...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352November 8, 2022 6:02 PM

As a kid, I remember watching the TV movie "Consenting Adults" about a gay teen swimmer and Marlo played the concerned mother. The movie left me sad and horny at the same time. I knew I liked dick, but I also knew that it would be a lonely and hard way to live. This movie and Making Love seemed to confirm those feelings of excitement and sadness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353November 9, 2022 2:05 AM

The paperback edition of That Girl and Phil is available on archive.org.

Yesterday was spent reading it and it helped me navigate a depressive phase. Today, I started reading Call Her Miss Ross.

by Anonymousreply 354November 9, 2022 3:15 AM

I'm also reading That Girl and Phil on archive.org and Jesus fuck Marlo is batshit! I wouldn't have been surprised if the butler didn't toss her down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 355November 9, 2022 3:32 AM

Thei poor Butler died of the AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 356November 9, 2022 4:37 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that, R356. His writing brightened up a really dark day for me.

by Anonymousreply 357November 9, 2022 4:45 AM

If Georgia goes to a run-off, how many more abortions would Walker pay for before 12/6?

by Anonymousreply 358November 9, 2022 4:54 AM

^ Oops. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 359November 9, 2022 4:56 AM

R352, photos of Ted Bessell and Bernie Kopell's ASSES....ONLY on the DL. :)

by Anonymousreply 360November 9, 2022 5:16 AM

R357, my bestie who is really good friends with the Thomas family (I'm merely an acquaintance) absolutely adored him- she's a bitter and divorced, but hysterical. She went with her kids to CT and spent most of the time with Desmond gossiping. There are even worse stories that aren't in the book.

One funny thing, Marlo is so crazy that one day the kids wanted to surf, so she had the boat captain drive back and forth to create a wake.

Oh, and there was some kind of organic peanut butter that Marlo requested. He couldn't find it, so thinned out Skippy with some cooking oil.

by Anonymousreply 361November 9, 2022 5:20 AM

Can someone please post a link to the book? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 362November 9, 2022 11:14 AM

r362 just go to archive.org, and search under "books." You have to register but it only takes a second to do that.

by Anonymousreply 363November 9, 2022 12:57 PM

Thank you for that, R361. I can see Marlo screaming "MORE WAKE! MORE WAKE, FUCKER!!!"

by Anonymousreply 364November 9, 2022 1:21 PM

There was nothing groundbreaking about That Girl. It was as conventional as it gets. She was terrified of doing anything that might upset Daddy, who was obsessed with protecting her virginity.

There were plenty of single female characters with jobs before Ann Marie. Nobody thought anything of it. I was watching this show when it first aired and thought it was lame she dressed like she was middle aged and her boyfriend didn’t even have long hair 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 365November 10, 2022 2:20 AM

You are crazy about Marlo's clothes on That Girl. Obviously, the character wouldn't have been able to afford to dress like that- but Marilyn Lewis (also founder of Hamburger Hamlet) aka Cardinali was a trailblazer. The fabrics and styles are still chic and coveted today.

Most of Marilyn's clients were customers of The Hamlet, like Marlo. The only reason she finally quit was because she didn't want to continue to run 2 successful businesses, and raise her kids.

by Anonymousreply 366November 10, 2022 5:35 AM

Just finished reading “That Girl and Phil” via Archive.org — really a fun read. The author should be a DL patron saint, he is bitchy and snarky.

There’s a chapter entitled “That’s Entertainment?” which relates Marlo and Phil’s propensity for showing their hapless houseguests their OWN projects as entertainment. At one point, after one showing concluded, one of the houseguest timidly asked “Do you have anything with Goldie Hawn or Charles Grodin?” (!!!)

“No”, proclaimed Marlo, “but I did a movie with Chuck — let me go get it!” And off she went to track down her copy of “Thieves”!

by Anonymousreply 367November 11, 2022 5:42 PM

And then an innocent question triggers a Marlo meltdown: "Is that the one starring Charles Grodin and Valerie Harper?"

by Anonymousreply 368November 11, 2022 5:46 PM

That butler had the patience of a saint. Reading his book, I wouldn't have lasted ten minutes with that nuclear bitch Marlo.

by Anonymousreply 369November 11, 2022 5:52 PM

I recall Inside Edition playing a voice mail message from Marlo to the butler practically begging him not to publish the book.

“Desmond, this is Miss Thomas . . .”

by Anonymousreply 370November 11, 2022 5:57 PM

Oh, he had his ways of getting even.

by Anonymousreply 371November 11, 2022 6:32 PM

r342 May I remind you woman that I am Blake's half Aborignian sister, from Sydney and I am taking over Cable Vision Cable Networks.

by Anonymousreply 372November 12, 2022 11:17 PM

She looks like a cast member for [italic]Real Housewives: [bold]The Home[/bold][/italic]

by Anonymousreply 373November 12, 2022 11:30 PM

[quote]Was Marlo molested or raped? I don't understand why she's so angry, cold and bitter.

While I have been fortunate enough never to have encountered anyone quite as cartoonishly unpleasant as Marlo appears to be, I have known a few people who grew up rich and privileged who turned into monsters as adults: arrogant, litigious, rude to anyone whom they perceive as beneath them, perpetually bad-tempered, entitled, and with substance abuse problems on top of all that. The common denominator seems to be having everything that money can buy in childhood but no genuine love from their parents. Because of this everyone else must suffer.

by Anonymousreply 374November 12, 2022 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!