Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis 137

Can we try this again?

by Anonymousreply 602January 16, 2023 10:41 PM

Rune is a brat but he is on fire lately

by Anonymousreply 1November 2, 2022 9:20 PM

We've already got a 'covert' 137 on the go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 2, 2022 10:06 PM

other thread now paywalled

today Fritz won the game of "who's your daddy?" over Nadal

but to be fair Nadal just had baby. It takes a while to heal from that

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 2:41 AM

Ostapenko debuts new look...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 9:04 PM

lmfao crazy bitch

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2022 2:40 AM

Nole's group is very tough onpaper but I think that he is definitely going to win YEC.

Other players are just out of form or tired or simply not good enough.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2022 2:53 AM

very surprising that Rublev was able to win a clutch third set tiebreak against Medvedev

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2022 3:03 AM

R7 Medvedev is now a very different player after choking away that AO final against Demon.

He doesn't have confidence which is required to win these clutch matches against top players at the big stage.

He and his team probably think that vultureing on small ATP tournaments (250s and 500s) is the solution.

But it is not .

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2022 3:13 AM

Boobs out!

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2022 3:16 AM

Novak Djokovic has been granted a visa to play in the Australian Open in January, Guardian Australia and state broadcaster ABC reported on Tuesday. The former world No. 1 was originally barred from the country until 2025. The ABC said it had confirmed Immigration Minister Andrew Giles had overturned that ban, allowing Djokovic to compete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2022 2:22 PM

Great news, no wonder he is so fired up. I can hardly wait to hear the shrieking Marys here. LOL

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2022 2:31 PM

Let me be the first of these screaming Marys, r11.

Australia's decision is just another variant on "It's one set of rules for the rich and powerful, and another for all the rest of the world."

I would have kept the ban in place until 2025. The man's a lying cheat.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2022 2:50 PM

FAA takes down Nadal in straight sets! If Ruud can take him out next, Alcaraz will be assured #1.

I saw some highlights from the Djokovic-Tsitsipas match. Very high quality, but as always it came down to Tsitsipas making errors on crucial points. Stef is such a head case.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2022 3:02 PM

From ESPN=

-Alex Hawke, Australia's immigration minister at the time, used discretionary powers to cancel Djokovic's visa on character grounds, stating he was a "talisman of a community of anti-vaccine sentiment."-

So it wasn't about health and safety or lying and cheating, it was politics. But keep fucking that chicken r12.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2022 3:06 PM

is this the new thread?

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2022 3:22 PM

Well, i'm tired of Nole fans complainning so i want him to play Australia (and lose).

Anyway i was rooting for him against Tsitsipas because i want Carlitos to be year end number one

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote] So it wasn't about health and safety or lying and cheating, it was politics.

To ban him from entering? Maybe. But my point stands: someone who lies so blatantly (I’ve just had Covid, here’s ministerial proof) is a slithering, vile piece of shit. He can win three hundred more grand slams, but he’s lost all honour and integrity and history will be as kind to him as it has been to Margaret Court.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2022 6:19 PM

FAA the only player born in the 2000s to beat all of the Big 3, and with Federer retired he'll be the only one. Cool stat for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2022 6:29 PM

Every time Nadal or Novaxx step on a court they seem to break some new record. This one seems a little odd.

Stat of the Day: Novak Djokovic defeats Stefanos Tsitsipas for 60th career win over a Top 3 player He’s the first man to record 60 career wins over Top 3 players since ATP rankings began in 1973.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote]But my point stands: someone who lies so blatantly (I’ve just had Covid, here’s ministerial proof) is a slithering, vile piece of shit. He can win three hundred more grand slams, but he’s lost all honour and integrity and history will be as kind to him as it has been to Margaret Court.

This.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2022 11:03 PM

well, Nadal just had a baby. It takes time for the body to heal after that

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2022 11:58 PM

Tell me about it, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2022 11:59 PM

Rafa feels alone on the tour without Roger. Novak's just too effen weird to for Rafa to hang with; Rafa has his boundaries. I wonder if he is toying with the idea of retirement.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2022 1:05 AM

very surprising given how fast these Torino courts are that Ruud who was previously slumping has now found his form and advances to the SF. FAA and Fritz will face off for the other SF spot in this group.

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2022 3:27 AM

Novaxx on FIRE!.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2022 1:20 PM

R20 how about a sleazy, closeted Spaniard who uses every medical excuse under the sun to explain loses, before and after they happen? I think it's over 50 by now.

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2022 1:46 PM

Hi r26, please provide substantiated evidence of this 'closeted Spaniard's homosexuality; otherwise, failing such will render you as yet another internet lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2022 2:06 PM

as well r26, as with any professional athlete at the top of their game on a grinding international circuit, injuries need to be managed. You've obviously never traveled in any elite athletic circles so your observations are without merit.

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2022 2:10 PM

Submitted without comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2022 3:16 PM

Here's Rafa on the exact day his wife and unborn son were in intensive care. Media reports that "his sister was with her".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2022 3:22 PM

Here's Rafa dancing in a gay bar while his wife is home pregnant. It was the day after he quit Wimby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2022 3:25 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2022 3:27 PM

The Koolhof/Skupski Mektic/Pavic match is a lot of damn hot prime beef on court at once.

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2022 3:33 PM

--Very less is known about Nadal’s sister as she tries to stay away from the limelight. However, it is interesting to know that she has played a huge role in his brother’s marriage to his long-time girlfriend Xisca Perello.--

I wonder what they mean by that and why no one in the media asks about it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2022 3:37 PM

Good lord, none of the above is substantiated evidence, but rather mentally-ill musings by disengaged observers in the peanut-gallery. One has to wonder if any of these people have ever experienced a friendship or had a normal family relationship with their siblings.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2022 4:47 PM

R35 put a mirror to your face, Mental Midget. Sometimes it is right in front of you, loser.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2022 6:04 PM

try harder r36, try harder...

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2022 6:35 PM

Rublev what a flop today against Djokovic. I was thinking maybe he'd have a chance on these faster courts but nope

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2022 8:35 PM

Who do you think has the bigger cock, Tsitsi or Meddy? I think Tsitsi. It's always been the more prominent bulge. Tho Meddy has a nice one.

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2022 9:15 PM

both probably uncut and smelly. no thank you!

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2022 9:20 PM

Oh baby . Nadal makes Rune Holger look straight

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2022 4:06 AM

Tsitsipas pulled out a tough one versus Medvedev. It was a rather strange match. Tsitsy did everything he could to hand it to Medvedev. He blew a couple important points in the second set tiebreak, then was down a break to Medvedev after he had a terrible service game. Medvedev was serving for the match at 5-3 when he threw in a terrible game to hand the break back to Tsitsipas. Then in the third set tiebreak, Medvedev dropped a smelly turd and went down 5-0, then 6-1, then lost 7-1. Tons of errors from Medvedev in the tiebreak. Now Medvedev is out along with Nadal. Good. Can't stand either of them.

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2022 4:43 AM

so now Ruud and Djokovic advance to the SF

last 2 spots tbd

FAA vs. Fritz today

then on Friday Tsitsipas vs. Rublev

it'll be interesting to see what Nadal has left against Ruud and Medvedev against Djokovic since they're eliminated and in poor form

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2022 9:37 AM

Ruud is a total pussy. He goes down to a slumping Nadal in straight sets, 7-5, 7-5. I continue to be unimpressed with Ruud's play.

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2022 3:03 PM

He was already in the SF so this match didn't mean much. Nadal looked better today but I still think he has postpartum depression.

This was a fun interview. Felix is adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2022 3:20 PM

lol Nadal loses to Tiafoe, Paul, Fritz and FAA over the past 2 1/2 months but Ruud still cannot beat him

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2022 10:21 PM

Fritz def. FAA in 3 sets. First 2 were so tight.

So first SF is Djokovic vs. Fritz

Ruud will play winner of Tsitsipas vs. Rublev

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2022 10:23 PM

Somewhat bizarre match between Djokovic and Medvedev. Djokovic looked gassed toward the end of the second set but managed to hold on for a three-set victory with the third decided in a tiebreak. Djokovic still looked tired throughout but managed to push himself to the finish line. I've got to wonder what his chances are in the semis and finals if he looks this tired in the round robin.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2022 3:26 PM

If he Daddy can push NoVaxxx to 3 sets maybe he has a chance. Medvedev totally blew that third set.

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2022 5:36 PM

really didn't expect Medvedev to be the one to go 0-3 in round robin. He's normally 1 of the best indoor players

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2022 7:58 PM

Tennis love drama as Nick Kyrgios is poised to play mixed doubles with his ex Ajla Tomljanovic at new tournament after they 'broke up over bad boy leaving nightclub with two women'

Tennis bad boy Nick Kyrgios is poised to play mixed doubles with former flame Ajla Tomljanovic at the United Cup in December.

Kyrgios and Tomljanovic will both represent Australia at the inaugural tournament from December 29 to January 8 after dating between 2015 and 2017.

They reportedly went their separate ways after Kyrgios was seen leaving a London nightclub with two women in 2017, after which she scrubbed him out of her Instagram page.

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2022 8:32 PM

Rublev was more clutch than Tsitsipas wow

so it's:

Djokovic vs. Fritz

Ruud vs. Rublev

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2022 2:16 AM

Novak Djokovic claims freedom of speech is 'just an illusion' as he hits back at criticism of being 'fake' and wanting 'to be loved' over his decision to be unvaccinated during the Covid pandemic

People sometimes think I'm fake, that I do certain things because I want to be loved,' Djokovic told Italian newspaper outlet La Stampa.

'It's not like that, I'm just trying to be genuine. It's something we're losing.

'It is not possible to please everyone but by now the politically correct forces us to give up expressing our ideas with respect, without hatred, but with freedom. Freedom of speech for me today is just an illusion.'

He added: 'I had an extraordinary example of this this year, with what happened to me around the vaccine issue,' he added.

'I expressed myself for the freedom to be able to dispose of one's body, and immediately I was accused of being a no-vax, which I am not. If you don't belong to a certain way of thinking, you quickly become the bad guy. That's not good.'

Djokovic, who will compete in the Australian Open this year after his visa ban was scrapped, is currently unbeaten at the ATP Finals in Turin.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2022 7:13 AM

playing the victim of course

and he of course won't mention that he either caught covid a second time at the end of last year but ran around Serbia maskless exposing others before trying to use it as an exemption to enter Australia without getting vaccinated OR he got a crooked Serbian doctor to lie and say he tested positive in an attempt to get an exemption to Australia's vaccination rule for entry

either way he's an asshole

I hate how most people are just focusing on him choosing not to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2022 9:00 AM

How the United Cup is different than the Hopman Cup?

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2022 9:46 AM

Is the ATP Cup happening in 2023? Just a month after Davis Cup?

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2022 10:38 AM

Courier said that the Tittypass family needs therapy. What happened? I didn't see the match.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2022 2:52 PM

People who blather on about "freedom of speech" really mean "freedom from responsibility." They believe they should be able to say whatever they want and every single other person in the world should just nod along quietly. I would have had no issue with him not taking the vaccine as long as he was also willing to gladly accept the professional consequences of that. He just didn't think the rules should apply to HIM.

The Russian and Belarussian players getting banned because of their home country's political leader's horrible, murderous, decisions have much more reason to legitimately complain. Novak made his choice personally; Medvedev, Rublev, and company had zero input on killing Ukrainians.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2022 2:58 PM

R57, his parents argued during the match. Tsitsipas then yelled "shut the fuck up" his father and hit a ball at him. (Apparently trying to striking a spectator is fine as long as you are related to the spectator).

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2022 4:06 PM

Tsitsy is a head case. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2022 4:14 PM

A citybus needs to hit that entire clan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2022 4:25 PM

Disrespect a fellow player, specially if is someone well liked like Rublev doesn't seem the best way to become popular.

Stefanos generation has a big problem, because they were unable to dethrone the big three and by the time the big three retire (or totally decline) they will be unable to dominate against Alcaraz, Rune, Felix and the rest of younger players

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2022 5:51 PM

Even on this fast court, Fritz just couldn't take out Djokovic. He gave him a rough ride but also failed to serve out the second set

I don't see Ruud or Rublev stopping Djokovic unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2022 6:05 PM

Unfortunately no. Fritz was the best option to eliminate him but Daddy is still pretty bad at tight matches.

Tell what you want about Rune, but at least he kid doesn't have fear

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2022 6:09 PM

^Crazy especially that Novaxx looked gassed yesterday and Daddy had the day off.

A win tomorrow would earn Novaxx 4.7 million, the biggest payday in tennis history. He's already the single highest prize money winner at 160m.

Guess which player went onto the court in a Darth Vader mask?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2022 6:16 PM

Novak is very far from his best but most players are totally unable to beat him.

Anyway he needs to improve a lot if he wants to win Australia, because he doesn't seem fit to endure five sets matches

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2022 6:19 PM

Someone needs to tell these youngsters that it pays to be likable. I like Alcaraz and Ruud because a. they’re super talented and b. they’re good dudes (for all I know). Rune, Tsitsipas, Kyrgios... y’all got some work to do.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2022 8:13 PM

it's a shame Alcaraz is injured. His presence is sorely missed. Even if he loses a match he gives his opponent hell

I'll be surprised if Ruud gets more than 7 games off Djokovic in the final. He seems to be new bridesmaid on tour. 2 slam runnerups, a Masters final and now WTF final.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2022 8:59 PM

Ugh, boring-ass Ruud in the final. I agree with above posters that Fritz was probably the best chance to knock out Djokovic. Too bad Alcaraz was injured. I hope Alcaraz recovers and wins the Australian by beating Djokovic in the final. That would be awesome to see.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2022 9:58 PM

Will they award any ranking points in the United Cup?

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2022 2:35 AM

[quote] Will they award any ranking points in the United Cup?

[quote] In 2022, it was announced that a new mixed-gender event, the United Cup, will replace the failed ATP Cup as the warm-up event leading up to the Australian Open in January. Unlike its previous iterations, ranking points will be on offer for singles competitors, as well as prize money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2022 2:38 AM

[quote] Anyway [Djokovic] needs to improve a lot if he wants to win Australia, because he doesn't seem fit to endure five sets matches

🧪 💉 ⚛️

He’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2022 8:20 AM

Thanks for info R71

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2022 8:24 AM

R72 He'll be fine as long as he gets an open draw like in Wimbledon, if he has to face tough matches since round four he is not going to win.

And the same for Nadal (not even at Roland Garros).

And of course if Alcaraz and Rune keep progressing at the same rhythm i think Nadal will retire soon (Nole will be competitive, but not dominant, for a couple of years)

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2022 10:53 AM

I tend to agree with you, R74. I think we're seeing Nadal finally at that point where his style of play is simply too rough on his aging body. Amazing that he was able to win Slams into his mid-30s. I remember when he was young all the tennis pundits said he'd burn his body out by late 20s/early 30s. I think the mental midgets on the ATP tour helped him and the rest of the Big 3 stay on top, or at least were a factor in their continued dominance. Also, I haven't really seen anyone with the talent that Alcaraz has emerge during the Big 3's reign.

I think the 22 and under club will really test Nadal and Djokovic next year. I don't think Roland Garros will be the usual cake walk for Nadal. Even this year Nadal got a bit lucky at RG. He had a fairly easy draw to the quarters, then Djokovic played a terrible match despite being up a break in the 4th, then Alcaraz played a poor match to lose to Zverev in the quarters, then Zverev got injured while playing Nadal in the semis, then Ruud delivered a totally pussy-ass effort in the final. I don't think it'll be as easy for Nadal next year, but you still can't count him out.

Djokovic's playing style is easier on his body than Nadal's, so I can see him still competing for titles and even the #1 ranking for the next year or two. But the 22 and under club are hungry to win and (finally!) don't fear Nadal and Djokovic like the 23+ club, and one of their own (Alcaraz) now has a Slam, further motivating the rest of them. 2023 should be an interesting year!

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2022 12:47 PM

Batty she-hulk Aryna Sabalenka cleans up nicely and would make a convincing 80s Cosmo covergirl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2022 2:17 PM

Nick Bollettieri (91) won't be among us for much longer. Some websites are already reporting he has died but I don't think that's true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2022 5:40 PM

R76 She looks great

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2022 5:45 PM

🤮

That’s my very reserved opinion regarding the result of set one.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2022 6:07 PM

OH, Casper is doing exactly the same he did against Rafa.

His numbers are atrocious against top 3 players

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2022 6:08 PM

Boobs out

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2022 6:55 PM

Boobs Out !. What a year from deportation and complete humiliation to the biggest payday in tennis history. AO 2023 should be one of the best in years.

One day a GS stadium will bear his name, just like Margaret (don't call me Peg) Court; right Djokerhaters?

For celebration, here's a fun video of substantiated heterosexual Nadal, drunk dancing adorably. Davis Cup Argentina 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2022 7:06 PM

I'd love to see a video of Nadal dancing with his wife, the only woman he's ever loved, but alas, none exisit because she's so private. I guess I'll just have to settle with him and Pico.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2022 7:15 PM

Ruud did have a good week finally getting some more top 10 wins but those were of course lower top 10 players

He's still helpless against the big 2 and if Alcaraz maintains his level after recovering from injury, Ruud won't be beating him either. He's the new bridesmaid. I won't be surprised if he reaches another slam final next year and will only have a shot if the opponent is not Nadal, Djokovic, Alcaraz or even Rune who is rapidly improving

hoping at the 2023 Oz open that Djokovic is in the same quarter as Rune

isn't it pathetic we're still wondering when Djokovic's dominance will end? The guys in their mid to late 20s are just so weak.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2022 8:50 PM

Rafa is HAF in that vid.

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2022 9:48 PM

Thanks r82, I just fell in love with Rafa all over again.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2022 11:00 PM

Has he ever danced with a girl like that?

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2022 11:04 PM

The whole 'Rafa is closeted' routine is exhausted and as flaccidly impotent as the sex life of his basement dwelling 'gay incel' detractors. I mean, sorry losers, but your dreams really don't come true.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2022 11:49 PM

this week there's Davis Cup

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2022 11:51 PM

Why isn't Rafa playing Davis Cup? They are holding in his hometown. Too busy playing Daddy to Raphael Jr??

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2022 1:10 AM

R90 because Nadal and Ruud are so busy with their Latin America tour

so fans can watch Nadal embarrass Ruud in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Mexico

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2022 2:11 AM

I guess he doesn't want to stay home with his wife and new baby. Maybe he needs the money. I mean, who would actually choose to go tour Latin American hot spots with a darling 23yo Norwegian.

There is absolutely NOTHING gay about that at all. How very dare you.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2022 10:01 AM

I don't want to hear Nadal complaining in January that he's "so injured". He has time to go on a 5 country exho tour right after bombing out of the World Tour Finals...

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2022 10:05 AM

He didn't stay home while she was pregnant, he didn't leave Wimbledon to see her in the hospital when her life and the baby's life were in danger. When he got the stomach injury and withdrew he was out dancing with men 24 hours later. Now he's leaving his wife for a fun trip around SA with his Uncle's protege.

So much for "family is more important than tennis".

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2022 11:30 AM

He has never seen the baby. He was airbrushed in.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2022 12:09 PM

It hasn't been substantiated that there is a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2022 7:59 PM

BECK HOME FOR XMAS Jailed former tennis ace Boris Becker will be deported to Germany in time for Christmas

He has been approved for a fast-track scheme under which foreign cons are sent to their home countries to ease the pressure on British prisons.

The ex-Wimbledon champ, 54, was sentenced to two and a half years in April for hiding £2.5million in assets while bankrupt but sources say he will walk free next month.

One prison source said: “He’s been signed up to a scheme that means he’ll be home in time for Christmas.”

The disgraced star has spent seven months in Huntercomb prison, Oxon.

But he has been accepted on to the early release scheme which allows “any foreign national serving a fixed sentence who is liable for removal from the UK to be removed from prison and deported up to 12 months before the earliest release point of their sentence”.

Offenders benefit by cutting up to 135 days from their sentences if they agree to go home.

His former spokesman said: “We are pleased for Boris that he may qualify for an early release and be able to travel to Germany, albeit England has been his home for many, many years.

"I’m sure it will mean a lot to him and his family to be reunited for Christmas.”

A Home Office spokesman said: “Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2022 2:52 PM

Becker's backdoor is still intact,?

by Anonymousreply 98November 23, 2022 1:34 AM

Nadal y Ruud visitan Iguazu. Que romantico!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 23, 2022 12:46 PM

Djokovic is 35. I bet he stays very competitive for about 3 more years winning at least 3 or 4 more slams then falls off the closer he gets to 40.

by Anonymousreply 100November 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Have you seen Rublev's "girfriend"? lol

by Anonymousreply 101November 23, 2022 2:05 PM

R101 no. post link

by Anonymousreply 102November 23, 2022 2:45 PM

I wonder if Rafa's gonna give it up to Casper?

by Anonymousreply 103November 23, 2022 4:20 PM

Given the way Casper plays against Nadal and Djokovic, I think it's more likely Casper will give it up to Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 104November 23, 2022 6:24 PM

R100 That' will depend of how fast Alcaraz and Rune develop. If they progress at the same rhythm they did this year, next year will be the last Djokovic will have chances

R101 What happens with Rublev's girfriend? i thought he was one of the few single guys in the circuit

by Anonymousreply 105November 23, 2022 7:16 PM

R102 I don't have one. I saw her during Finals. Some new chick, she looks like sister of Frit's Gf. Where did he buy her?

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2022 7:32 PM

Backdoor Becker!

by Anonymousreply 107November 23, 2022 11:23 PM

Croatia def. Spain

Cilic won a real shitfest against PCB. Amazing how Cilic has been in a slump for several years but still dominates PCB and countryman Coric

Coric def. RBA in 2 tough sets

tomorrow on thanksgiving USA faces Italy and Canada vs. Germany

by Anonymousreply 108November 24, 2022 1:16 AM

Why the hell Taylor F is playing Davis Cup?

And in January he would complain about the injury.or exhaustion just like he did after US open.

None of Top 10 players are playing.

by Anonymousreply 109November 24, 2022 9:30 AM

Mardy Fish getting a lot of criticism for not picking Rajeev Ram for the US team. Ram is the number 1 player in the world, won the US Open and the ATP finals but was left off the team. The US lost the deciding doubles match in the QF to Italy.

by Anonymousreply 110November 24, 2022 5:03 PM

Shapo getting booed at Davis Cup in Spain. Crabby attitude, racket smashing etc.

by Anonymousreply 111November 24, 2022 5:04 PM

I do hope Shapo finally begins to fulfill his potential soon. Lots to like, but he's making it difficult for himself.

by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2022 12:00 AM

Yes, R112. Perhaps he’ll soon be able to identify Canada on a map.

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2022 12:03 AM

None of the top Canadian players even live in Canada

Shapovalov and Pospisil live in Bahamas

FAA and Ranoic are in Monte Carlo

by Anonymousreply 114November 25, 2022 12:25 AM

Is the porcine Milos Raonic still playing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 25, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote]None of the top Canadian players even live in Canada

As told by Matthew Perry in his book, you cannot seriously compete in tennis if you only play six months in a year due to the weather. Even playing indoor is not an option with below zero temperatures. That's why all the kids from Canada are crossing the border and heading South to either California or Florida. Like Bouchard for the latter. Which is great if you think about it, because all she gets paid to do these days is the shoot the yearly swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. Her career to me was the worst slow-moving tennis career crash since I have no idea. She only won a little over six million dollars in prize money across her career, which, if you think about it, is only 27% more than what Djokovic earned last week, in one week!

by Anonymousreply 116November 25, 2022 10:20 AM

Did Matthew Perry play tennis?

by Anonymousreply 117November 25, 2022 10:23 AM

Popsicle and Shapo play dubs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 25, 2022 10:28 AM

facial hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 25, 2022 10:41 AM

[quote]Did Matthew Perry play tennis?

Yes he was. He was one of the most promising tennis player of Canada in his age group, so he decided to move to his father's place in California at 15. He met a much stronger competition there and he just relented. He also met alcohol and he never relented with that one. Tennis was off the picture, and alcohol was ON.

by Anonymousreply 120November 25, 2022 10:42 AM

Bolelli and the Fog win in dubs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 25, 2022 10:58 AM

Bouchard got such a large payout from the US Open she doesn't need to ever play again, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 122November 25, 2022 2:26 PM

Luca Van Assche (18) and Leandro Riedi (20) had great results at the end of the season. Both will end in the top 200 and will play qualification for the Australian Open

by Anonymousreply 123November 26, 2022 10:03 AM

Apparently when Bouchard got dropped by Nike she still wanted to keep up appearances so she and her boyfriend went out and bought Nike's latest tennis collection.

by Anonymousreply 124November 26, 2022 10:26 AM

Bouchard has struggled in her comeback since August. She did get wins over 2 players ranked #87 and #100 and for the most part plays competitive matches against both top players and lower ranked ones but she's going to need to get some wins early next year because the WCs will run out. She's 28 now and there are plenty of up-and-coming girls with hype that tournaments will give them to instead at this point.

by Anonymousreply 125November 26, 2022 6:39 PM

Davis Cup final will be Australia vs. Canada

by Anonymousreply 126November 26, 2022 8:10 PM

Australia is next to Swissdenland!

by Anonymousreply 127November 26, 2022 8:16 PM

DumDum's losing all his matches. Felix is carrying Canada.

by Anonymousreply 128November 26, 2022 8:46 PM

Is Popsicle only playing doubles with Shapo, or has he played singles too?

by Anonymousreply 129November 26, 2022 8:51 PM

Shapo and Popsicle won in dubs.

by Anonymousreply 130November 26, 2022 9:06 PM

They had to put Felix in the dubs today as DumDum was clearly going to blow it.

by Anonymousreply 131November 26, 2022 9:09 PM

^ your OCD hatred of Shapo is sad

[quote]“That’s the good thing about having many good players on the team,” said Auger-Aliassime. “I feel like Denis and Vasek played really well yesterday to come back and win, but Denis had a long match, and we knew coming this week that we could make some changes depending on how singles went.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 26, 2022 9:21 PM

R132 I don't hate him FFS! It's 'pointless bitchery'

by Anonymousreply 133November 26, 2022 9:23 PM

Shapo must be the promising player with less progression over the years.

Felix is carrying the team like a real number one but Shapo is failing miserably

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2022 10:14 AM

Canada wins

it helped yesterday not having the likes of Berrettini or Sinner

and it helped today not having Kyrgios

interestingly this was the first time Shapovalov and Kokkinakis played each other. Kokkinakis isn't a good enough athlete to keep up with Shapovalov

at least indoors FAA has improved to a point where De Minaur is not going to bother him

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2022 7:37 PM

[quote]but Shapo is failing miserably

He won in dubs with Popsicle and he beat the Kokk in singles.

Your hatred isn't a good look on you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2022 10:48 PM

I hope Popsicle celebrated by letting his huge dick out for some air.

by Anonymousreply 137November 28, 2022 10:19 PM

I watched a pic of two french players kissing (i think one of them is top 100 on doubles) but i didn't hear anything about a coming out, maybe because both are too low profiles

by Anonymousreply 138December 7, 2022 6:31 PM

^ A lot of people think they weren't being serious, just another lame 'joke'. If you look closer they aren't really kissing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2022 6:44 PM

Yeah, that's what i thought too (even if it's not exactly smart to do that).

by Anonymousreply 140December 7, 2022 6:48 PM

so it's Zverev and Melo all over again?

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2022 8:53 AM

Wow you'd think they would best 3 out of 5 in this Diriyah tournament, seeing each set is just a super tiebreak.

by Anonymousreply 142December 8, 2022 9:32 AM

R141 But very very low profile

by Anonymousreply 143December 8, 2022 10:47 AM

OMG

Nick Bollettieri died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 8, 2022 11:09 AM

R142 I think that was the previous round, in this round they seem to play normal sets

by Anonymousreply 145December 8, 2022 12:16 PM

why they play to 10? ridicolous

by Anonymousreply 146December 8, 2022 12:57 PM

do you have stream?

by Anonymousreply 147December 8, 2022 1:15 PM

And Norrie defeated Kyrgios and Tsitsipas

by Anonymousreply 148December 8, 2022 6:31 PM

the dirty dozen who are playing in the Saudi exho:

Tsitsipas

Medvedev

Rublev

Fritz

Hurkacz

Stricker

Norrie

Kyrgios

Zverev

Thiem

Wawrinka

Thiem

shame on them all

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2022 4:31 AM

[quote] Thiem Wawrinka Thiem

Most are not surprising, but I'm disappointed in Stan and Domicakes (whose name bears repeating by R149).

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2022 4:35 AM

lol the last name should be Berrettini

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2022 5:10 AM

ain't nuttin goin on but da rent

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2022 10:28 AM

Wait a fucking minute. You mean to tell me that Adderall is ok if you get a Dr. Note but weed or wtf Halep took is banished??

Does Nadal take this for his never discussed OCD???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2022 3:52 PM

jFC, seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2022 4:13 PM

Who is 2022 clay court specialists?

by Anonymousreply 155December 10, 2022 5:14 AM

Rune team or Minotaur/Hitlerstache team?

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2022 3:06 PM

Minotaur (NeverEverRune) Team!

by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2022 5:58 PM

What is Holger Rune’s skin color?

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2022 6:04 PM

T. Fritz won the Diriyah Tennis Cup in Riyadh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2022 6:05 PM

R158 White, very very white

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2022 6:32 PM

I hope Fritz continues to do well. Two of my favorite matches this year were his victories over Nadal. But then again, one of the biggest disappointments this year was Fritz somehow losing to a hobbled Nadal at Wimbledon. These younger guys are going to need to figure out how to beat Djokovic and Nadal in best of five matches.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2022 6:59 PM

I think the big problem with Nadal and Djokovic are for the original next gen, almost all of them have negative h2h against them. On the other hand Alcaraz defeated Djokovic in their first match and Rune in his second

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2022 7:06 PM

I will cheer for Rune against Djokovic, Nadal, Medvedev and Zverev

Fritz' most embarrassing loss this year was against Tracy Austin's son. It's not like Brandon suddenly rose up the rankings. He finished the year still outside the too 200

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2022 7:35 PM

Fritz is very irregular. He is able to fight against the best players but unless he is able to defeat the players who have a lower ranking he will never reach his potential.

His faliure in the US Open it was painful

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2022 7:38 PM

Fritz was willing to shamefully play at the Saudi exho because he's got to pay that child support and ex-wife support all while continuing to stupidly fund the social media influencer tagalong he's been boning

he comes from a rich family but I guess all money is still good money to him

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2022 7:51 PM

Everyone was willing to play in Saudi Arabia. Fritz got 1,00,000 for winning it. $$$ is king

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2022 7:55 PM

luvs me sum Daddy Fritz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2022 9:16 PM

But zverev and fritz didn't bring their gf's to Saudi arabia. Rublev, Thiem , Norrie too lol

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2022 9:21 PM

Holger Rune coming out of cryo therapy shirtless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Rune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 12, 2022 2:12 AM

Rune face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 12, 2022 2:30 AM

More Holger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 12, 2022 2:33 AM

^ meh

his best asset is his legs

by Anonymousreply 173December 12, 2022 11:09 AM

I thought we didn`t like Holger?

by Anonymousreply 174December 12, 2022 1:56 PM

Luca Van Assche and Diane Parry will be the french wc at the Australian Open

by Anonymousreply 175December 12, 2022 7:45 PM

[quote]Luca Van Assche

I'm loving that name.

by Anonymousreply 176December 12, 2022 9:01 PM

R169, r170, r171, and r172—yuck, yuck, yuck, and yuck, respectively.

by Anonymousreply 177December 12, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote] I thought we didn`t like Holger?

R169-R172 here. I don't like Holger as a person, but after watching him in that little tournament this weekend I realized I find him hot. He's somewhat like Shapo to me - not attractive as a tennis player or person, but attractive physically. Shapo also has one other redeeming quality which is the fact that he is a dog lover. See Shapo Shelter.

by Anonymousreply 178December 13, 2022 4:16 AM

Anne Keothavong's husband is on trial for rape and it's in the news here in the UK. She's so boring that she's the last person I thought something like that would happen to. She gave evidence in court defending her husband. So far it sounds like a case of 'he said, she said', so I'm still looking for how it got to trial.

by Anonymousreply 179December 13, 2022 8:12 AM

Carla Suarez Navarro and her wife are expecting a baby. Still no out male gay tennis players...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 14, 2022 11:46 AM

Carlo!

by Anonymousreply 181December 14, 2022 12:46 PM

Well good for CSN. We poked a lot of fun at her around here, but I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 182December 14, 2022 2:44 PM

‘Break Point,’ Netflix’s ‘Drive’ for tennis, debuts Jan. 13

Netflix revealed the title and launch date on Wednesday, when it also released a 30-second teaser.

The first five episodes — focusing on Melbourne Park, Indian Wells, Madrid and Roland Garros — will be available next month. The season's other five installments — which look at Wimbledon, Eastbourne, Queens Club, the U.S. Open, WTA Finals and ATP Finals — arrive in June.

Players featured include Grand Slam champions Iga Swiatek and Sloane Stephens, and Grand Slam runners-up Nick Kyrgios, Casper Ruud, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Matteo Berrettini and Ons Jabeur. Also appearing: Felix Auger-Aliassime, Taylor Fritz, Frances Tiafoe, Ajla Tomljanovic, Paula Badosa, Thanasi Kokkinakis, Aryna Sabalenka and Maria Sakkari.

Not at the center of the streaming series: Serena Williams and Roger Federer, both 41 and done with their playing days, or Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, both in their mid-30s and winners of major titles this year.

“It’s hard to imagine another sport which has been so dominated by a handful of individuals for so long. But they are at the end of the cycle — barring, obviously, Novak and Rafa, to some extent. The changing of the guard is happening,” executive producer James Gay-Rees said in a video interview with The Associated Press.

“And therefore, the timing was really good, too. Because I love tennis, but I’m like, ‘Who is Tsitsipas?’ Do you know what I mean? In all honesty,” he said. “But actually, you realize, ’My God, he’s No. 5 in the world. He’s a really, seriously, good tennis player and he’s a really interesting guy. And I’d like to know more about him.' Because all I’ve heard for the last 15-20 years is, ‘Roger, Roger, Roger. Serena, Serena, Serena.’ For a reason, right? Obviously we’re not disputing that, because they’re legends and icons. But I think it was really exciting shining a light on a new generation."

Gay-Rees and fellow executive producer Paul Martin of Box to Box Films also made “Drive to Survive,” among other projects, and are working on series about the worlds of golf and surfing.

The fourth season of “Drive to Survive,” released in March, drew its largest audience so far and made the Netflix top-10 TV list in more than 50 countries. It is widely credited with helping grow interest in Formula One racing.

“You obviously want to keep the core audience happy — the tennis enthusiasts — but if we’re doing our job correctly, then the show should appeal to people who’ve got no interest in tennis at all,” Gay-Rees said. “The pre-‘Drive to Survive’ Formula One demographic might have been described by some people as fairly male, pale and stale. And I think that the show, alongside some other factors, has contributed to the demographic shifting significantly younger for that sport, which is obviously manna from heaven if that’s what your objective was."

Martin acknowledged that some might think of other sports-based series as what he called “Drive to Survive for XXX,” but he said the characters and the way a tennis season is structured give “an entirely different feel” to “Break Point.”

He believes it showcases “the physicality, the mental side, the rivalries, the pain” seen in tennis.

Which are all connected to the name of the show and its double meaning. Even though it wasn't made public until Wednesday, Martin said “Break Point” was the working title from Day 1.

“We always felt like we were going to find something better,” he said. “The honest answer is we didn’t. And it just seemed to work.”

by Anonymousreply 183December 14, 2022 3:58 PM

this is the trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 14, 2022 3:58 PM

Anything for content. Anything.

by Anonymousreply 185December 14, 2022 4:34 PM

I liked that F1 series and I don't give a shit about car racing. It was well done. As a massive tennis fan I'm excited about this behind the scenes look. Good that they followed some of the players who won slams like Iga. Did the follow Alcaraz? Cause I know they didn't follow Djokovic and Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 186December 14, 2022 4:39 PM

NET LOSS Disgraced Boris Becker will have to surrender huge sum of cash when he is deported

Becker, 55, got 2½ years in April for hiding £2.5million of assets in a bankruptcy fraud case and will soon be freed from Huntercombe jail in Oxfordshire.

Becker will not have to serve any more jail time after he is sent back to Germany — but he will also not be allowed to keep most of his money.

Lawyer Hans Fritsche said the UK’s insolvency proceedings in his case also apply to Germany.

He said: “This means that income generated by Mr Becker in Germany falls into the insolvency estate.

"In other words, he is not allowed to keep most of it.”

He has was approved for a fast-track scheme under which foreign cons are sent to their home countries to ease the pressure on British prisons.

Offenders benefit by cutting up to 135 days from their sentences if they agree to go home.

A Home Office spokesman said: “Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 14, 2022 9:04 PM

lmao at him being referred to as a "foreign con"

by Anonymousreply 188December 15, 2022 3:03 AM

con is slang for 'convict' in the UK. The Sun is a Murdoch-owned tabloid so that would be usual parlance for them.

by Anonymousreply 189December 15, 2022 5:58 AM

Boris Becker: Former Wimbledon champion released after serving eight months of prison sentence

The 55-year-old German was jailed for two and a half years in April after being found guilty of four charges under the Insolvency Act.

He was released from prison on Thursday morning and has flown to Germany.

The BBC understands Becker has been deported from the United Kingdom.

His Berlin-based lawyer, Christian-Oliver Moser, said in a statement Becker "was released from custody in England and has left for Germany today".

Becker flew from Biggin Hill in a private jet chartered by a friend, a government source told the BBC.

A Home Office spokesperson told BBC Sport: "Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity."

Becker qualifies for automatic deportation as a foreign national who does not have British citizenship and received a custodial sentence of more than 12 months.

Becker has lived in the UK since 2012, having retired from playing in 1999. He won six Grand Slam singles title, including three at Wimbledon, during his 15-year career.

He was declared bankrupt in June 2017 over an unpaid loan of more than £3m on his estate in Mallorca, Spain.

Becker went on trial earlier this year having been accused of hiding millions of pounds worth of assets to avoid paying his debts.

He was ultimately found guilty of four charges relating to his bankruptcy but was acquitted of a further 20.

It was reported that Becker was initially held at Wandsworth Prison in south-west London before being moved to Huntercombe Prison in May.

He previously worked as a BBC pundit on Wimbledon and spent three seasons coaching 21-time major singles champion Novak Djokovic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 15, 2022 9:15 PM

Two French tennis players have been banned for life following an investigation into multiple incidents of match-fixing dating back to 2014.

Mick Lescure, 29, who reached a career-high 487th in the world, was found guilty of eight charges and also fined $40,000 (£32,500).

Jules Okala, 25, whose highest ranking was 338, was found guilty of seven charges and fined $15,000 (£12,170).

The charges were brought by the International Tennis Integrity Agency.

They followed a wider investigation by law enforcement agencies in France and Belgium

"The sanctions mean both players are permanently prohibited from playing in or attending any tennis event sanctioned by the governing bodies of tennis," the ITIA said in a statement.

by Anonymousreply 191December 15, 2022 9:16 PM

War in Ukraine: Andy Murray recognised for donating over £500,000 of prize money

Britain's Andy Murray has been recognised for donating over £500,000 of his prize money to help Ukrainian children affected by the war.

The former world number one has worked with Unicef to provide medical supplies and development kits in Ukraine.

Murray, 35, has been given the 2022 Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award by the ATP for his support of the response.

"When images on the news showing what was happening to families began pouring in, it was devastating," said the Scot.

"Houses were bombed and families were displaced. Young children were affected by this, with many injured and in some cases dying. I wasn't sure what I could do to help."

Russia invaded neighbouring Ukraine in February and Unicef says 5.2m of the 7.5m children in Ukraine are continuing to need help after more than nine months of conflict.

Shortly after the war started, three-time Grand Slam singles champion Murray decided to pledge all of his prize-money earnings for the rest of the 2022 season and worked with Unicef UK, for whom he is an ambassador.

"It seemed like something that would give me some extra motivation this year. I thought I could also raise some awareness and hopefully get others involved in helping, too," said Murray, who is a father of four.

After making the pledge before the Indian Wells tournament in March, Murray won 20 of his 34 tour-level matches over the rest of the year to earn more than $630,000 (£510,000) of prize money.

"We are hugely grateful to Andy," said Jon Sparkes OBE, the chief executive at the UK Committee for Unicef.

"The incredible donation will support Unicef's work responding to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, which is having a devastating impact on the country's 7.5 children

"Over nine months of war has left millions of children in need of humanitarian assistance, with destroyed infrastructure and freezing weather leaving Ukraine's children facing an uncertain future."

Meanwhile, Britain's Joe Salisbury and his American partner Rajeev Ram have been named the 2022 men's doubles' world champions by the International Tennis Federation after retaining their US Open title and winning the ATP Finals for the first time.

Spain's Rafael Nadal and Poland Iga Swiatek were named ITF world champions in the men's and women's singles having each claimed two Grand Slam titles this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 15, 2022 9:17 PM

That is a lot of money. Credit to Andy.

by Anonymousreply 193December 15, 2022 9:27 PM

Yeah. Andy was always great off-court.

by Anonymousreply 194December 15, 2022 9:33 PM

nice of Murray

how does criminal deportation work in the UK? Is Becker banned now from returning to the country, or he can but has to get a new Visa etc?

by Anonymousreply 195December 15, 2022 10:47 PM

Becker has to stay away from the UK for a period of time, not sure how long.

by Anonymousreply 196December 16, 2022 12:30 AM

Major League Pickleball’s draft on Tennis Chennel! So exciting.

by Anonymousreply 197December 16, 2022 1:17 AM

andy, you fucking idiot, you realize that Ukriane is STILL bombing Donieck and killing children in school buses? Yesterday they used 40 BOMBS, during one day! You cannot blame Russia for it! Thats'why Russia bombed Kijów so much

by Anonymousreply 198December 16, 2022 12:08 PM

The point is russia doesn't shoot to civilians. Zhelenski DOES!

by Anonymousreply 199December 16, 2022 12:11 PM

Becker can return to the UK when his full sentence has expired. His full sentence was two and a half years, so probably that (he's served 8 months of that). He has no restrictions in Germany meanwhile so it's a pretty good deal. He flew back to Germany in a private plane.

by Anonymousreply 200December 16, 2022 12:17 PM

Have to say that he looks a lot better out of prison. He was looking red-faced (guessing alcohol) when he went in but now his skin is clear.

by Anonymousreply 201December 16, 2022 12:19 PM

[bold]Winners of the ATP Awards:[/bold]

Newcomer of the Year: Holger Rune

Comeback Player of the Year: Borna Coric

Most Improved Player of the Year: Carlos Alcaraz

Coach of the Year: Juan Carlos Ferrero

Fans' Favorite Award: Rafael Nadal

Fans' Favorite Doubles Team of the Year: Nick Kyrgios and Thanasi Kokkinakis

Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award: Andy Murray (for his role in helping war-relief efforts in Ukraine)

[bold]WTA Awards:[/bold]

Player of the Year - Iga Swiatek

Doubles team of the Year - Krejcikova/Siniakova

Most Improved Player of the Year: Beatriz Haddad Maia

Newcomer of the Year: Zheng Q.

Comeback Player of the Year: Tatjana Maria

Sportsmanship Award: Jabeur

Coach of the Year: David Witt (Jessica Pegula's coach)

by Anonymousreply 202December 16, 2022 12:30 PM

R193 yeah, he gives money to them, children will NEVER see ! He gives money to nazists and war criminals. And they want to kill 200 ,000 Poles For nazi ukraine ! Fuck you and your stupid propaganda which you believe in.

by Anonymousreply 203December 16, 2022 12:33 PM

Many 40+years old Poles were called for compulsory war exercises while 500,000 20-25 years old Ukrainians sit in shopping centers and clubs having fun in Warszawa,Wrocław, Kraków and Katowice. You are making me sick. Why Andy who is 36 years old cannot go to war, huh?

by Anonymousreply 204December 16, 2022 12:50 PM

Ok, loon alert @ r198, r199, r203, and r204!!!

by Anonymousreply 205December 16, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]Fans' Favorite Award: Rafael Nadal

by Anonymousreply 206December 16, 2022 5:31 PM

Rafa is ready to move in to his new house that he's been building for 3 years. What do you imagine Rafa's dream house to look like? One guess, go ahead.

If you said separate residences you'd be correct. We know that Sra, Rafa needs her privacy, what with all the highfalutin insurance banking that she does, plus working on her degree, and now with a baby. It just makes sense that she would have her own building away from Rafa and his physio.

-Aptly guided by Mallorcan architect Tomeu Esteva, Nadal's dream home consists of interconnected buildings with a ground floor and two heights. They are both topped with a hipped roof and wide overhangs that protect the spacious terraces on the first and second floors.

by Anonymousreply 207December 16, 2022 5:51 PM

[quote]If you said separate residences you'd be correct.

So basically every heterosexual's dream home - come and go as he wishes once kids are part of the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 208December 16, 2022 6:09 PM

True, but most wives insist that their husband live with them at least for a few years. Also if you think about Federer dream home or Djokovic dream home you don't instantly think separate residences.

In other Rafa news...he split from a long time coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 16, 2022 6:37 PM

Emma Raducanu appoints Sebastian Sachs as coach - with hopes he can inspire her to success after he led Belinda Bencic to Olympic gold - and shows promising signs on return to action in narrow defeat by Ons Jabeur

by Anonymousreply 210December 16, 2022 7:16 PM

R210 - poor Sebastian!

He'll be gone by the Aus Open. I swear that girl has a Poison Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 211December 16, 2022 7:45 PM

[quote]We know that Sra, Rafa needs her privacy, what with all the highfalutin insurance banking that she does, plus working on her degree, and now with a baby.

Plus, she no know how pleasure his ass.

by Anonymousreply 212December 16, 2022 9:07 PM

ATP Top Tournaments (as voted on by the players) Masters: Indian Wells 500: Queen's Club 250: Qatar

by Anonymousreply 213December 16, 2022 9:17 PM

R205

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214December 16, 2022 9:31 PM

Pickle ball on Tennis Channel live now featuring professional tennis player like Isner, Donald Young and fat Sock. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 215December 17, 2022 1:53 AM

R215, it’s weird how Pickle ball has become the tennis surrogate of choice in the US, but here in Europe (especially Spain and Italy) it’s Padel.

Equally weird is how both have chosen the strangest name.

by Anonymousreply 216December 17, 2022 6:05 AM

Noah Rubin has retired from tennis to play pickleball. He said being shorter he's better suited for that sport

are we going to see a host of tennis journeymen/women do the same?

by Anonymousreply 217December 17, 2022 6:27 AM

Is he pickle ball journeyman?

by Anonymousreply 218December 17, 2022 9:18 AM

If this turns into a pickle ball thread, I'm going to shove a tennis ball down your fucking throats.

by Anonymousreply 219December 17, 2022 9:59 AM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 17, 2022 10:24 AM

R217 I'm not that sure. Tennis is a well paid sport. Of course people who are not going to make it or his/her career ended could give it a try, like Marta Marrero did with padel

by Anonymousreply 221December 17, 2022 10:25 AM

R219 i don't think so, picketball is a non entity outside the USA

by Anonymousreply 222December 17, 2022 10:25 AM

[quote]picketball

Why not Pickfordball??

by Anonymousreply 223December 17, 2022 10:34 AM

I hate the name, the courts, the trendiness, the terminology and the players. Did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, the scoring, the paddles and the balls and the sound it makes. Why can't they just play badmitton? Or just kill themselves?

What's next? Cornholing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 17, 2022 11:47 AM

R224 congratulations on one of the Purest Datalounge posts of all time!

I'd be welling up right now if tears weren't a sign of pathetic weakness.

by Anonymousreply 225December 17, 2022 1:38 PM

so ahead of the 2023 season let's share a tennis DL wishlist

for me it's

1) Nadal and Djokovic are healthy and play all 4 majors but lose in all 4

2) we get a shock first-time ATP major winner

3) Alcaraz wins at least 1 more major

4) Swiatek's level does not fall off and forces the rest of the field to raise theirs

5) a 1-time WTA major champ wins her second

by Anonymousreply 226December 17, 2022 6:34 PM

Great idea R226! I'll try to keep mine (mainly) positive!

1. We get at least 1 new GS winner. Hoping it's a either a breakthrough 'Young Gun' like Musetti or Big 'Foe,; or Casper or Matteo manage to get one over the line. Have a feeling it might be their only career slam win.

2. Nadal gets one final French and manages to end the year (and possibly his career) still ahead of NoVaxxx in total GS titles

3. Jack Draper gets to a slam semi-final and/or an ATP1000 Final and ends the year in the Top 15. I accept his tearful marriage proposal after on Centre Court after he winning his QF round match.

4. Caroline Garcia continues her great form over of 2022, and her and Swiatek start to develop a serious rivalry for the Majors.

5. The She-Hulk wins Wimbledon. I think her emotions would melt the crowd's hearts. A bit like a Jana Novotna moment.

6. My favourite Frenchies Ugo, Hugo and Ben Bonzi get their shit together and all end the year with decent rankings

7. NoVaxxx gets injured early in the year and misses virtually the whole year.

8. Kuntyos finally totally flips on Margaret Court in the OzOpen Semis and beats himself to death with his racket.

by Anonymousreply 227December 17, 2022 7:01 PM

Felix wins a slam, preferably the US Open.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2022 11:13 PM

I vote for everything on r227’s wishlist!

Well…I guess I can let you have Jack all to yourself

by Anonymousreply 229December 18, 2022 2:33 AM

For you Shapo blond leg hair fans. Click to enlarge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 18, 2022 3:06 AM

There ARE talks about naming the stadium at the Western & Southern in Cincy, as Roger Federer Stadium. They'd want Rog to show up, of course, so they're working that out. Looks like Rog will do some GS commentary for BBC this year, and possibly ESPN. That could indicate McEnroe's role is diminished.

by Anonymousreply 231December 18, 2022 9:13 AM

1. Granny Vee returns to decent results the first half of the year, randomly wins her 50th title at Wimbledon, and retires immediately. Serena seethes at home.

2. Musetti wins a slam with stylish and commanding play, beating both Djokovic and Nadal.

3. The womens YEC is held anywhere but in Dallas for a crowd of 3 people.

4. Garcia to win the French Open and complete her resurgence, beating Swiatek in the final.

5. Kyrgios retires, Kokkinakis makes an OnlyFans.

6. Hsieh Su-wei returns to the tour and starts unravelling the basic baseliners again.

7. Berrettini works on his calves, adopting Aslan Karatsev's training plan.

8. Ostapenko releases a clothing line.

9. Miami Open returns to Key Biscane instead of the atmosphere-void Dolphins parking lot.

10. Stefanos comes out as gay.

11. Pickleball is cancelled forever.

12. Ons becomes the first African player to win a slam, creating a huge tennis wave in her region... in several years time, the ATP top 100 is filled with hunky Arab men.

by Anonymousreply 232December 18, 2022 10:35 AM

1. Musetti and Casper fall in love and post hot vids of their sex life.

2 - 10: see no. 1

by Anonymousreply 233December 18, 2022 10:38 AM

If Stefanos comes out, I'm going back in. PLEASE GOD NO!

by Anonymousreply 234December 18, 2022 10:41 AM

Oh please, if someone has to come out better not being Stefanos

by Anonymousreply 235December 18, 2022 10:42 AM

why?

by Anonymousreply 236December 18, 2022 11:56 AM

Noah Rubin is a cutie but I'm sick of his bitchy whining. He had a great career and over-performed for a guy his size. He should feel good.

Ruud remains very, very sexy and sweet. Need more shirtless of him in '23.

by Anonymousreply 237December 18, 2022 5:22 PM

R236 He is an asshole. If an asshole has to come out as gay i prefer Rune, at least the dane is going to win a GS

by Anonymousreply 238December 18, 2022 5:30 PM

Granny Vee has been awarded a wild card to the Australian Open.

by Anonymousreply 239December 19, 2022 2:51 AM

^ absurd

she never makes it past the 2nd round anymore

I don't think the bitch knows what else to do with herself

by Anonymousreply 240December 19, 2022 10:45 AM

Yeah, it's a bit sad now and not about competitive tennis any more. I am sure that the tournaments would be happy to have her in exhibitions or Legends.

by Anonymousreply 241December 19, 2022 10:52 AM

R235 can’t lie, I would definitely hate fuck him

by Anonymousreply 242December 19, 2022 11:11 AM

I want to see the young guys take it from the old guys.

1. AO2023- Kyrgios d. Novaxx , Kyrgios wins and retires from singles.

2. FO- Carlos d. Rafa , naked pictures of them jerking off in the locker room shower are published.

3. Wimbledon - Felix d. Novaxx

4. USO- Rune d. Novaxx, Rune thanks his boyfriend in his speech.

WTA-All the lesbians win ( so basically any of them-MC)

Halep gets cleared, especially now that we know what a joke the testing has become. You can't smoke a joint but you can take Adderall. That makes ZERO scientific sense.

Finally, Where the fuck is Peng Shuai? I hope she's ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 19, 2022 3:40 PM

Djokovic was at the World Cup final. Along with Raducanu and Elon Musk and Jared Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 244December 19, 2022 3:44 PM

Sounds like the ninth circle of hell other than Emma.

by Anonymousreply 245December 19, 2022 3:57 PM

Obviously he's satanic.

by Anonymousreply 246December 19, 2022 3:57 PM

R244 they were all sitting together?

by Anonymousreply 247December 19, 2022 6:40 PM

R247, no they were not.

by Anonymousreply 248December 19, 2022 9:24 PM

she is seen here with David beckman and Novak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 19, 2022 9:28 PM

Neither Felix or Casper are ever gonna win a slam. Or CoCo for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 250December 19, 2022 9:53 PM

Eagles team or Kite team?

by Anonymousreply 251December 20, 2022 12:31 AM

No doubt your powers of omniscience are right up there with your grammatical skills, R250.

by Anonymousreply 252December 20, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote] Or CoCo for that matter.

I'm assuming R250 means CoCo Vandeweghe. .

by Anonymousreply 253December 20, 2022 1:57 AM

I'd rather watch Granny Vee lose in the first round than some Aussie flop getting it just because she happens to be from a slam country (or bought citizenship there like De Minaur and Tomljanovic)... Didn't Lleyton Hewitt's younger sister get it once? I also remember some poor junior girl who got destroyed by Henin 6-0 6-0 in about half an hour.

On another note: I've never seen so many exhibitions during an off season before. I usually look forward to the shirtless beach pics this time of year, but they're all shilling for Dubai and Saudi Arabia etc. I was surprised to see Iga there too.

Is Noomi Osaka playing the open? And I agree with R243, where the fuck is Peng Shuai? I've been watching some of her highlights on youtube lately, she was really talented.

by Anonymousreply 254December 20, 2022 5:50 AM

Peng Shuai is retired. And living in China so she can't talk openly about the claims she made.

by Anonymousreply 255December 20, 2022 5:53 AM

Osaka is in the entry list for the AO. Ranked 42...

by Anonymousreply 256December 20, 2022 5:55 AM

She should start her own feng shui consulting firm and call it Peng Shuai Feng Shui.

by Anonymousreply 257December 20, 2022 6:09 AM

World Tennis League not to be confused with World Team Tennis lol

by Anonymousreply 258December 20, 2022 6:17 AM

Roger will do wimbledon commentary. boris becker won't be doing it next year.

by Anonymousreply 259December 20, 2022 4:49 PM

Emma Raducanu will have a watch sponsor soon. I think it's Hublot

by Anonymousreply 260December 20, 2022 4:50 PM

What's a watch?

by Anonymousreply 261December 20, 2022 4:59 PM

Poor/average under 50s absolutely but a lot of people with money or who care about money wear watches in my experience so that's the market. They are luxury items.

by Anonymousreply 262December 20, 2022 5:02 PM

And Goffin saying that Nole is the true number one. No dear, the real number one is the one who has more points in the ranking. People seems to forget that Nole didn't have such dominant season (with some surprising loses)

by Anonymousreply 263December 20, 2022 5:25 PM

Nick Kyrgios hints he will RETIRE if he wins the Australian Open with the tennis star struggling with the weight of expectation: 'The better you do, the more stressful it gets'

by Anonymousreply 264December 20, 2022 5:29 PM

'Hopefully I can win a slam and just retire,' he said via Wide World of Sports.

Regardless, Kyrgios insists that he will look back on 2022 with fond memories.

'I had a lot of fun this season,' Kyrgios said.

'And I'm finally just proud to say I made a slam final and started to meet some expectations.

'I had a lot of fun, I enjoyed it, definitely felt better off and on the court.'

by Anonymousreply 265December 20, 2022 5:30 PM

Too bad Kunty Kyrgios will never will a slam then.

by Anonymousreply 266December 20, 2022 5:40 PM

Kyrgios will never win a GS. Yes, he was in Wimbledon final, but he played a pretty bad Tsitsipas (in his worse surface) and Garin, and even with that he was on the verge of being eliminated a couple of times

by Anonymousreply 267December 20, 2022 5:42 PM

you never know...it all depends on the draw, he could get lucky.

by Anonymousreply 268December 20, 2022 5:57 PM

No, There are too many players who can defeat him right now. He was incredibly lucky this year and he didn't won

by Anonymousreply 269December 20, 2022 5:58 PM

If he was in the WTA maybe but he's not.

by Anonymousreply 270December 20, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote]World Tennis League not to be confused with World Team Tennis

They're playing on a yellow/orange court in Dubai which makes it pretty hard to see the ball

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 20, 2022 6:13 PM

wow in a battle of assholes

Zverev fresh off the long ankle injury layoff with 8 double faults defeats Djokovic comfortably

I know it's an exho but still

by Anonymousreply 272December 20, 2022 6:55 PM

I'm surprised, Zverev looked rusty last week

by Anonymousreply 273December 20, 2022 6:57 PM

Boris’s first postprison interview. He says nothing about being a prison bitch, but maybe that’s for a later instalment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 20, 2022 7:16 PM

I wouldn’t rule out Kyrgios winning a slam. He has such a high level of talent that, when he’s on and actually focused, he can beat almost anybody. Can’t say that about many.

by Anonymousreply 275December 20, 2022 7:18 PM

R275 Never say never, but to win a Slam you have to be focused for 7 consecutive matches. He shows no sign of ever managing to be able to do that.

Wimbledon this year was on the surface where he has the biggest advantage, and he made the final having had a walk-over in the semi. I just can't see the stars aligning for him in the same way again.

More and more younger, much fitter players, and more fearless players like Alcaraz and Rune are coming through. Kyrgios is less likely to be facing ageing (e.g. Nadal) or mentally vulnerable players (e.g. Tsitsipas, Zverev) in the later rounds.

by Anonymousreply 276December 20, 2022 7:28 PM

Kyrgios is extremely overrated. Yes, the guy has talent but he is not consistent and his mental strenght is pretty poor. Of course people like Johansson and Gaudio won a GS, but there are more talented and more focused players out there, and most of them are even younger than Kyrgios

by Anonymousreply 277December 20, 2022 7:29 PM

'Pressure is a privilege.' -- BJK

by Anonymousreply 278December 20, 2022 9:44 PM

No, I’m not a lesbian. That’s not even in the ballpark for me.” - BJK 1975, Playboy

by Anonymousreply 279December 20, 2022 10:08 PM

Well, maybe she wasn't then. Who the fuck knows.

She was married to a guy.

by Anonymousreply 280December 20, 2022 10:23 PM

R280, King has admitted that she was closeted. She grew up in a homophobic environment. She was forced out when her former lover sued her; she lost millions of dollars in endorsements. And this was all during the ‘seventies, it must have been pretty traumatic.

by Anonymousreply 281December 20, 2022 10:49 PM

Yeah, OK, R281.

I've known women for whom the process pf self-identification was slow and gradual. I guess it wasn't for BJK.

by Anonymousreply 282December 20, 2022 10:57 PM

King.

by Anonymousreply 283December 20, 2022 10:57 PM

The link is to a summary of Becker's interview with German media. I love this bit:

[quote]The jurors who had found him guilty, he said, were too young to have any memory of his three Wimbledon victories. Had they known him it might have had an influence on their decision, he believed. When he entered jail he described “being scared, and moving into a corner, not daring to look anyone in the eye. But then I realised some of them had recognised me: ‘It’s Boris Becker!’ And then I thought: OK, that might actually help me.”

I guess that's why he wore a Wimbledon tie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 21, 2022 3:19 PM

And here I was thinking that tennis had no street cred at all.

by Anonymousreply 285December 21, 2022 6:20 PM

Boris Becker says fellow inmate tried to kill him: ‘I was shaking so bad’

Boris Becker claims that an inmate “tried to kill” him while he was serving time at Britain’s Wandsworth prison for illicitly transferring huge sums of money and hiding assets after declaring bankruptcy.

The six-time major champion and tennis Hall of Famer made the stunning revelation in an interview with German broadcaster Sat 1 that aired on Tuesday.

Becker, 55, said that an inmate named John was apparently unhappy that he’d made friends with black inmates. Becker also claimed the fellow prisoner tried to sexually assault him.

“I was shaking so bad,” Becker said when recalling the incident. “I shouted loudly and immediately the inmates came out and threatened him.”

Becker said that a group of about 10 inmates, most of them black, interjected and prevented him from being harmed.

“He was dangerous,” Becker said. “He couldn’t understand why I was so connected with black prisoners.”

Becker was found guilty in April on four charges relating to his 2017 bankruptcy case under the Insolvency Act. In May, the three-time Wimbledon champ was transferred to the lower level HMP Huntercombe prison, where a second prisoner wanted to kill him, Becker claimed in the interview, his first since being released after serving eight months of a 2 ½-year sentence.

Becker said that prison officials tried to help acclimate him to the surroundings by assigning him to a single cell and having three inmates provide guidance on the ways of the prison. But Becker said his struggles extended beyond fearing violence.

“I felt hunger for the first time in my life,” said Becker, who at age 17 in 1985 became the first unseeded player to win the men’s singles title at Wimbledon.

Still, there were other moments that Becker said he appreciated. In November, inmates managed to arrange for three chocolate cakes for his birthday, he said.

Deported back to Germany last week following his release, Becker said it’s unlikely that he and his partner, Lilian De Carvalho Monteiro, will stay in the country and instead relocate to possibly Miami or Dubai. Becker, who was recently dumped from BBC’s Wimbledon coverage, also said he hopes to learn from his past mistakes.

“It’s up to me to keep going down that path and stay true to myself,” he said. “I believe prison was good for me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286December 22, 2022 12:06 AM

There might be a whisper of truth in what Becker says, but he likely was advised by the interviewer to embellish liberally to make for a more 'sensational' interview...

by Anonymousreply 287December 22, 2022 12:13 AM

Hawks win! Yay! I’m so happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 24, 2022 7:02 PM

Becker is a piece of shit. Any bankrupt who won't pay their creditors is. People just don't see the small businesses and people that they have fucked over.

by Anonymousreply 289December 24, 2022 7:03 PM

Italian newspaper La Repubblica is reporting that a number of celebrities may have got a fake Covid-19 vaccine confirmation from doctors and that Camila Giorgi is amongst them. The Vicenza Public Prosecutor's Office conducted an investigation that has led to the arrest of doctors Daniela Grillone Tecioiu, Erich Volker Goepel and the doctor's partner, Andrea Giacoppo which is how this has come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 25, 2022 7:48 AM

The Italian tennis federation is now also looking into Giorgi, r290, which means she’s probably going to get a little slap on the wrist from them. Not so sure she’ll get off that lightly from the criminal charges, though.

by Anonymousreply 291December 25, 2022 8:00 AM

Carlos has gf too. he posted together with her yesterday in his insta story. don't think it's available anymore.

by Anonymousreply 292December 26, 2022 4:46 PM

also, Carlos got a tat! trashy

by Anonymousreply 293December 26, 2022 4:46 PM

That’s disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 294December 26, 2022 4:59 PM

I wish he had fixed his teefs instead.

by Anonymousreply 295December 26, 2022 9:09 PM

And his acne.

by Anonymousreply 296December 26, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote] ‘Betrayed by My Own Flesh and Blood’ – Serena Williams’ Husband Alexis Ohanian’s Christmas Creation Destroyed, Thanks to Olympia’s Mischief

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 27, 2022 2:04 AM

Olympia looks like a handful. And not in a fun way.

by Anonymousreply 298December 27, 2022 11:18 AM

R298 The natural consequence of when your mother incessantly pimps you out on Instagram, starting from the moment you were born.

by Anonymousreply 299December 27, 2022 1:17 PM

Novak Djokovic is BACK in Australia! Serbian tennis star returns Down Under nearly 12 months after being deported over vaccination status as Australian Open chief delights in his arrival

by Anonymousreply 300December 27, 2022 2:51 PM

But before he left he started a war with Kosovo, I don't know how but I'm pretty sure someone here will tell us all about it.

by Anonymousreply 301December 27, 2022 8:00 PM

I wonder how many Djokovic fans post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 302December 27, 2022 11:14 PM

ESL is one, R302.

by Anonymousreply 303December 27, 2022 11:18 PM

Lorenzo back in action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 29, 2022 1:42 PM

Seeing Lorenzo, R304, it make me think: all these 'new' Team Tournaments that are all essentially the same stale old formats.

If they're serious about generating new interest they need to mandate nudity to spice things up!

by Anonymousreply 305December 29, 2022 2:22 PM

or at least Tank tops and sexy shorts. Why are nearly all the official ATP photos hideous? Every player should have a professional picture.

Is this Lorenzo Musetti or Gigi Fernandez?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 29, 2022 2:28 PM

Silly, that's me!

by Anonymousreply 307December 29, 2022 3:00 PM

@ R306

That's a hair DON'T!

by Anonymousreply 308December 29, 2022 3:47 PM

Tennis needs sexing up. Check this out, vote for your favorite player. I'm pretty sure you'll need to see it at least twice to decide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 29, 2022 6:59 PM

Competing in just jockstraps would be a nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 310December 29, 2022 7:01 PM

For the Shapo blond leg hair fans, a close-up look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 30, 2022 3:33 AM

From The Upshot:

"Nick Kyrgios' Aussie teammates could barely conceal their anger after he pulled out of the United Cup at the 11th hour.

"He was here. We literally just found out 10 minutes ago," lamented co-captain Samantha Stosur, who wouldn't be drawn on whether she accepted his reasons for dropping out.

The official excuse was a dodgy ankle, but according to our sources in Sydney, it might be down to some historic drama with a teammate.

Apparently Stosur and Aussie co-captain Hewitt were considering teaming Kyrgios up with his ex-girlfriend Ajla Tomljanovic in the mixed doubles..."

by Anonymousreply 312December 30, 2022 10:20 AM

^ quelle surpise

douchebags gonna douche

by Anonymousreply 313December 30, 2022 11:14 AM

Fucking Gaydrian was ON FIRE in the United Cup today.

Marmalised Coria 6-1, 6-0. This point was INSANE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 30, 2022 2:26 PM

Porna back in action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 31, 2022 11:25 AM

Yup, there's our Porna again, just'a sniffin' furry balls, as one does

by Anonymousreply 316December 31, 2022 4:34 PM

Nick is so exhausting, jesus. What a f'ing baby.

Nice blonde leg hair on Shapo, yum. Never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 317December 31, 2022 5:53 PM

Both Felix and Rune DUMPED out on their asses in first round shocks in Adelaide!

Meanwhile in The Battle Of The Big Bulging Dongs, KOKKinakis tops MAXime!

IT'S ALL TOO THRILLING!

by Anonymousreply 318January 2, 2023 2:01 PM

Navratilova has throat and breast cancer so has pulled out of commentating on the AO.

by Anonymousreply 319January 2, 2023 2:17 PM

Oh, no. That's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 320January 2, 2023 2:49 PM

Tennis legend Martina Navratilova, 66, is diagnosed with throat and breast cancer as she vows to 'fight with all I have got'

Navratilova, 66, who won Wimbledon a record nine times, said she has been diagnosed with throat and breast cancer after discovering a swollen lymph node in her neck in November.

'This double whammy is serious but still fixable,' the Czech-born American , who is married to former Russian beauty queen Julia Lemigova, 50, said. 'I'm hoping for a favorable outcome. It's going to stink for a while but I'll fight with all I have got.'

The former world number one's diagnosis comes after she was given the all-clear from breast cancer in 2010 following radiation treatment.

Navratilova, who won 59 grand slam singles and doubles titles over the course of her 40-year career, will not travel to this month's Australian Open, where she was intending to work as a TV pundit.

But a statement from Navratilova's representative described the prognosis as 'good'.

'Martina Navratilova has been diagnosed with stage one throat cancer,' read the statement. 'The prognosis is good and Martina will start her treatment this month.

'The cancer type is HPV and this particular type responds really well to treatment. Martina noticed an enlarged lymph node in her neck during the WTA finals in Fort Worth. When it didn't go down, a biopsy was performed, the results came back as stage one throat cancer.

'At the same time as Martina was undergoing the tests for the throat, a suspicious form was found in her breast, which was subsequently diagnosed as cancer, completely unrelated to the throat cancer.

'Both these cancers are in their early stages with great outcomes. Martina won't be covering the Australian Open for Tennis Channel from their studio but hopes to be able to join in from time to time by Zoom.'

Navratilova, who was born in Revnice, Czech Republic, and was one of the first openly gay sports figures, won a record nine Wimbledon singles titles between 1978 and 1990 in a career which saw her dominate tennis with 18 total Grand Slam titles.

As she approached her 50th birthday in 2006, Navratilova decided to retire from professional tennis after her final Grand Slam - a mixed-doubles championship with Bob Bryan at the U.S. Open. She became the oldest player to ever win a Grand Slam title during that match.

by Anonymousreply 321January 2, 2023 3:06 PM

that's for munching on diseased pussies!

by Anonymousreply 322January 2, 2023 3:07 PM

Go fuck yourself, R322. Piece of shit you are.

by Anonymousreply 323January 2, 2023 6:53 PM

If you are under 45, you should get the HPV vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 324January 2, 2023 7:56 PM

nice crotch shots of Hubie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 3, 2023 10:50 AM

Croatia edge out France to reach the Semis in the United Cup

Thanks to the two Sex Bornas!

Gojo is seriously pushing Coric in the hunk stakes IMHO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 3, 2023 12:59 PM

Is this where we talk about United Cup?

by Anonymousreply 327January 3, 2023 2:45 PM

Daddy Fritz looks awful with facial hair. Hell even Norrie looks better than him now.

by Anonymousreply 328January 4, 2023 3:51 AM

Holger Rune changing shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329January 4, 2023 3:56 AM

Norrie's beaten Nadal, Fritz and De Minaur so far this week. Impressive start to 2023.

by Anonymousreply 330January 4, 2023 6:18 AM

Impressive. Most impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 4, 2023 6:27 AM

@ R329

Rune is a butterface and his chest is meh.

But those legs...

by Anonymousreply 332January 4, 2023 11:35 AM

Djokovic is set to miss Indian Wells and Miami because of his refusal to vaccinate.

by Anonymousreply 333January 4, 2023 12:59 PM

Excellent, Null's absence will make the Sunshine Double appreciably brighter.

by Anonymousreply 334January 4, 2023 1:48 PM

This season's already looking good with Kuntios withdrawals and (fingers crossed) NoVaxxx exclusions galore!

by Anonymousreply 335January 4, 2023 3:10 PM

Halys.

by Anonymousreply 336January 5, 2023 2:40 AM

Shapo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 5, 2023 3:08 AM

I hope some rando wins the mens AO

by Anonymousreply 338January 5, 2023 4:03 AM

ABD for me (Anyone But Djokovic).

by Anonymousreply 339January 5, 2023 4:18 AM

R339 trust me Novak could care less about your smelly, fat hole while you veg on the couch, sinking further and further with the remote stuck in your crotch, and taco bell wrappers adorning your 300lb frame.

by Anonymousreply 340January 5, 2023 10:04 AM

R340 That's quite enough from you, Jelena. Time to get back to rimming Pavvy G's dirty hole!

by Anonymousreply 341January 5, 2023 10:08 AM

grrrr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 5, 2023 11:09 AM

Kokky glower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 5, 2023 11:16 AM

Shapo has put on some muscle, I think. He was looking seriously hawt yesterday. Nips poking out. The legs are massive and covered in blond fur. Dumb as an ox but what a stud.

by Anonymousreply 344January 5, 2023 4:12 PM

legz and booty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 5, 2023 5:12 PM

Kokkinakis dresses like a 49 year-old weho gay, his on court clothes are too tight fitting, and instead of looking hot, he just looks silly; its as if he's sponsored by A&F

by Anonymousreply 346January 5, 2023 5:27 PM

Hélas, Shapo has Terminal 'Tardface.

A total Double Bag Job, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 347January 5, 2023 5:31 PM

[quote]trust me Novak could care less about your smelly, fat hole while you veg on the couch, sinking further and further with the remote stuck in your crotch, and taco bell wrappers adorning your 300lb frame.

except Novaxx does care about what people think of him, as is evidenced by his scowling anger when the crowd is not behind him, and the puerile sucking up with the 'boobs out' nonsense he does after each victory - he's needy AF

by Anonymousreply 348January 5, 2023 5:32 PM

@ R347

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349January 5, 2023 5:41 PM

r348, Wow , 4 likes in 2 hours, no wonder, you're so original and inciteful, you have to go back a month to find a more popular comment. So many of( the 12 ) of us here must hate him as much as you do.

by Anonymousreply 350January 5, 2023 8:20 PM

Zuk team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 6, 2023 2:45 AM

сада можете сви попушити мој курац

by Anonymousreply 352January 6, 2023 11:17 AM

blond leg hair special

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353January 6, 2023 11:21 AM

Mmmmmmmmmusetti

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 6, 2023 11:24 AM

Ash Barty has a bun in the oven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 6, 2023 4:19 PM

Svee team.

by Anonymousreply 356January 6, 2023 4:21 PM

Young-ish gun hotties Benjamin Bonzi and Tallon Griekespoor through to their maiden ATP Finals in Pune.

I do find doe-eyed Bonzi quite adorable with a banging tight body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 6, 2023 4:35 PM

Carlitos injured and out of the Aus Open.

GODDAMNIT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 6, 2023 8:00 PM

^ so there's an opening for ME!

by Anonymousreply 359January 6, 2023 9:06 PM

so it'll be a Nadal/Novaxx final

by Anonymousreply 360January 6, 2023 9:08 PM

Sorry to say that I just don’t see Nadal anywhere near a GS final any more, not even RG. Big sad face.

by Anonymousreply 361January 6, 2023 9:22 PM

I think I was the only person who wasn't jizzing over Alcaraz before he faced any adversity. I think my quote was "Remember Del Potro". He was unbeatable for 5 minutes but we all thought he was going to be the next Big Number.

by Anonymousreply 362January 6, 2023 9:25 PM

lorenzo looks hot in that pic coz he was covering up his hideous mole with his hand lol

by Anonymousreply 363January 6, 2023 11:09 PM

[quote] lol

LoL! :)

by Anonymousreply 364January 6, 2023 11:21 PM

Medvedev’s Technifibre racquet has a suspiciously Yonex-like frame. Has Technifibre changed shape or is Medvedev chucking an Agassi?

by Anonymousreply 365January 7, 2023 9:15 AM

Venus Williams is ruled OUT of the Australian Open after the 42-year-old veteran suffered an undisclosed injury at the ASB Classic in Auckland this week - having received a wildcard for the Grand Slam last month

by Anonymousreply 366January 7, 2023 9:44 PM

Granny Vee

by Anonymousreply 367January 7, 2023 9:47 PM

Good, R366. She's become embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 368January 7, 2023 9:49 PM

Get up Venus we love you!

by Anonymousreply 369January 7, 2023 10:35 PM

Tiafoe team or Musetteami?

by Anonymousreply 370January 8, 2023 3:07 AM

Naomi Osaka WITHDRAWS from the Australian Open, as the two-time champion becomes the latest big name to pull the pin... and four-month tennis exile has no sign of ending after recent Europe trip with rapper boyfriend Cordae

by Anonymousreply 371January 8, 2023 5:17 AM

R371 Another compelling chapter for my forthcoming book!

by Anonymousreply 372January 8, 2023 5:47 AM

Lore's shoulder injury today is worrying coming a week before the Aus Open. We simply can't afford any more hot snatch withdrawals!

by Anonymousreply 373January 8, 2023 8:42 AM

^ hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 374January 8, 2023 10:56 AM

Osaka withdraws from AO. Can we stop calling her a tennis player?

by Anonymousreply 375January 8, 2023 11:15 AM

Go Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376January 8, 2023 11:18 AM

Saving match point, Novaxx beats not quite as ferret faced as his father but still looks Appalachian, Seb Korda.

92nd title, tying Nadal.

I love the and carved trophies of the Rainbow Serpent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 8, 2023 11:33 AM

Citybus

City Elefant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 8, 2023 8:01 PM

Elf team or Bublik team?

by Anonymousreply 379January 8, 2023 11:48 PM

you guys watching the nextflix documentary?

by Anonymousreply 380January 9, 2023 1:45 AM

I probably will but that gets released January 13th?

by Anonymousreply 381January 9, 2023 1:55 AM

R380, I’m definitely watching; the first review I’ve read is mixed, but it still sounds like it offers interesting off-court scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 9, 2023 6:13 PM

Also note that only the first five episodes will be released on January 13, with the final five set to come out in June.

by Anonymousreply 383January 9, 2023 6:18 PM

Emma Raducanu insists she CAN recover in time for next week's Australian Open - days after leaving the court in tears with an ankle injury in Auckland... but admits she is taking her recovery a 'day at a time'

by Anonymousreply 384January 9, 2023 9:29 PM

An ankle twist or roll fucking sucks. You still feel it months after it happened.

by Anonymousreply 385January 9, 2023 9:34 PM

That lying, anti-vaxxer sack of excrement Djokovic who thought he was so rich and special that the rules don't apply to him - flew into Melbourne on a private jet yesterday. He is deeply loathed here.

by Anonymousreply 386January 9, 2023 9:39 PM

^ somebody needs an Ativan

by Anonymousreply 387January 9, 2023 9:40 PM

^ somebody needs an Antistan

by Anonymousreply 388January 9, 2023 9:56 PM

^ somebody needs Afghanistan

by Anonymousreply 389January 9, 2023 9:58 PM

^somebody needs Stantheman

by Anonymousreply 390January 9, 2023 10:00 PM

^All of you need Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 391January 9, 2023 10:26 PM

^ cunt

by Anonymousreply 392January 9, 2023 10:31 PM

Baez team or Shelton team?

by Anonymousreply 393January 10, 2023 5:46 AM

“I consider that Mr Djokovic’s ongoing presence in Australia may lead to an increase in anti-vaccination sentiment generated in the Australian community, potentially leading to an increase in civil unrest" - Australian minister explains why he cancelled Novak Djokvic's visa ahead of the Australian Open. Djokovic is set to appeal the decision.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 10, 2023 12:54 PM

Tommy Paul Vs Jack Draper in Adelaide tomorrow.

I'm hoping for a long, drawn-out, 3-Set wankathon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395January 10, 2023 3:58 PM

^ I'm gonna imagine the hawt locker-room sex after the match

by Anonymousreply 396January 10, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote] Seven-time grand slam champion John McEnroe won't be heading to Melbourne to commentate on the Australian Open after ESPN reportedly opted not to send the American. McEnroe has been a regular in the commentary booth in Melbourne over the years, while also taking part in colourful on-court interviews after matches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 10, 2023 11:46 PM

Uh uh ESPN must be getting ready to sign Fed.

by Anonymousreply 398January 11, 2023 12:42 AM

R396 Tommy seems more alpha. Would he top?

by Anonymousreply 399January 11, 2023 12:43 AM

R398, I believe the article mentioned Courier substituting.

by Anonymousreply 400January 11, 2023 12:59 AM

Cute Shapo video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401January 11, 2023 3:51 AM

Puig! on Tennis Channel.

by Anonymousreply 402January 11, 2023 4:19 AM

Norrie team or Lehecka team?

by Anonymousreply 403January 11, 2023 5:07 AM

who is the sleazy closeted spainard?

by Anonymousreply 404January 11, 2023 5:40 AM

[quote] who is the sleazy closeted spainard?

Is this a blind item?

by Anonymousreply 405January 11, 2023 5:41 AM

Pity the talented Novak is such a dullard, an anti vax dullard at that.

by Anonymousreply 406January 11, 2023 5:41 AM

After a ropey start, Jack flipped Tommy over and royally drilled his pretty ass.

Jack won 5 games in a row top take the first, then cruised through the second.

by Anonymousreply 407January 11, 2023 7:01 AM

some o these tennis players is damn hot !!!

by Anonymousreply 408January 11, 2023 7:52 AM

There was talk Chris Fowler was going to be jettisoned from ESPN.....is that happening?

by Anonymousreply 409January 11, 2023 8:36 AM

love our gay brutha jim courier commentating, does a gr8 job

by Anonymousreply 410January 11, 2023 8:48 AM

Thank Christ they're not sending Johnny Mac. I'm tired of his shtick after 25 years -- and now he mostly phones it in, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 411January 11, 2023 11:18 AM

[quote]Jack flipped Tommy over and royally drilled his pretty ass

pics, please!

by Anonymousreply 412January 11, 2023 11:19 AM

Tommy tummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 11, 2023 11:22 AM

Lovely Laslo beats Casper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 11, 2023 11:34 AM

which ones suk dik? ive heard in the shower rooms they get rather.....wild. and some are for hire, not cheap tho

by Anonymousreply 415January 11, 2023 11:37 AM

Luscious Laslo took out Casper and The Kokk slayed Rublev.

Great to see two of the hottest hotties progressing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 11, 2023 11:57 AM

i'de do rublev in a hearbeat. his cock is thick and so is his butt.

by Anonymousreply 417January 11, 2023 12:00 PM

R417 given Andrey's tortured theatrics on court I'd imagine he's wild and uninhibited in the sack. Probably bursts into tears after he cums.

by Anonymousreply 418January 11, 2023 12:53 PM

and sits on one's face with spicey vigor !

by Anonymousreply 419January 11, 2023 1:31 PM

Osaka is preggers!!!

by Anonymousreply 420January 11, 2023 5:40 PM

Naomi Osaka appears to announce she is pregnant in social media post and will miss the 2023 season just days after the four-time grand slam champion withdrew from the Australian Open

The four-time grand-slam champion last week pulled out of this month's Australian Open with no official reason given for her withdrawal but on Wednesday seemed to provide context for her decision by posting a picture of a baby scan on Instagram.

'Can't wait to get back on the court but here's a little life update for 2023,' read Osaka's caption.

She added: 'The past few years have been interesting to say the least, but I find that its the most challenging times in life that may be the most fun.

'I know that I have so much to look forward to in the future, one thing I'm looking forward to is for my kid to watch one of my matches and tell someone, 'that's my mom,'.

'2023 will be a year that'll be full of lessons for me and I hope I'll see you guys in the start of the next one cause I'll be at Aus 2024.'

by Anonymousreply 421January 11, 2023 5:45 PM

we never watch the women tennis matches............

by Anonymousreply 422January 11, 2023 5:47 PM

R422 Same

by Anonymousreply 423January 11, 2023 9:56 PM

If you don't want to be there, I don't want to watch you. Frankly, why play tennis when you're already rich? Thank you, next.

by Anonymousreply 424January 11, 2023 9:59 PM

Well we can only hope that Naomi's child inherits her emotional stability and eloquence.

by Anonymousreply 425January 11, 2023 10:01 PM

Barty retired for marriage and pregnancy, Osaka's pregnant... I'll be disappointed in Swiatek if she carelessly knocks someone up.

by Anonymousreply 426January 11, 2023 10:04 PM

It's so weird that Osaka and Upchuck or whatever his name is look like twin lesbians. Cordae? Corny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427January 11, 2023 10:10 PM

They are lesbians! All of them!

by Anonymousreply 428January 12, 2023 1:40 AM

Giron of the awesome ass!

by Anonymousreply 429January 12, 2023 1:43 AM

Giron team or Norrie team?

by Anonymousreply 430January 12, 2023 1:44 AM

Osaka ain't never coming back. She's got enough money not to have to.

by Anonymousreply 431January 12, 2023 1:49 AM

watching the hot Giron now.....damn his ass/legs are so fine. boys fight over his hole in the shower. POWER BOTTOM.

by Anonymousreply 432January 12, 2023 2:00 AM

In third set.

by Anonymousreply 433January 12, 2023 2:33 AM

Norrie beats Giron.

by Anonymousreply 434January 12, 2023 3:20 AM

Halys team or Brooksby team?

by Anonymousreply 435January 12, 2023 3:20 AM

norrie winning means giron has to power bottom for him? those thick strong legs high in the air as norrie goes dep and hard.

by Anonymousreply 436January 12, 2023 3:53 AM

Round one matchups at AO2023

Nadal v Draper

Rublev v Thiem

Berrettini v Murray

by Anonymousreply 437January 12, 2023 4:01 AM

How does Puig! look better now than she did when she won her Olympic gold medal? She doesn't have any obvious work. She's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 438January 12, 2023 4:05 AM

rublev taking thiems fat young thick cock..... on netflix.

by Anonymousreply 439January 12, 2023 4:08 AM

Damn, these boys are hot!

by Anonymousreply 440January 12, 2023 4:09 AM

Kenin-Azarenka got drawn in the 1st round too - they are the only former women's AO champions left.

by Anonymousreply 441January 12, 2023 4:15 AM

are they expensive to hire for fuk suck sessions?

by Anonymousreply 442January 12, 2023 4:16 AM

[quote] rublev taking thiems fat young thick cock..... on netflix.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 443January 12, 2023 4:17 AM

[quote] Damn, these boys are hot!

Which ones?

by Anonymousreply 444January 12, 2023 4:17 AM

Brooksby wins.

by Anonymousreply 445January 12, 2023 4:59 AM

brooksby has a sweet young smooth asshole for big fat cockheads.

by Anonymousreply 446January 12, 2023 5:31 AM

One of the Tennis Channel commentators said that people had been saying Brooksby looks like Tony Romo. I don't see it at all.

by Anonymousreply 447January 12, 2023 5:35 AM

how much to suk out his asshole?

by Anonymousreply 448January 12, 2023 5:37 AM

I thought RBA had been out with an injury for several months.

by Anonymousreply 449January 12, 2023 5:40 AM

As usual Rafa has the toughest path ever. It's like a joke at this point.

(Not that he's playing well enough to win anyway.)

by Anonymousreply 450January 12, 2023 6:34 AM

Gasquet team or Elf team?

by Anonymousreply 451January 12, 2023 6:46 AM

I'm totally 50/50 on Gasquet/Goffin. If you put a gun to my head maybe Gasquet as I want him to rack up those 600 ATP wins by the French Open in maybe his last year - he's currently 12 short.

by Anonymousreply 452January 12, 2023 7:04 AM

OMG Dicky did it 6-1 in the final set. This tournament is winnable for him from here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 12, 2023 8:16 AM

[quote]Naomi Osaka announced she is pregnant

ABORT, ABORT, ABORT! Chuck it down the pan! Think about your career!

by Anonymousreply 454January 12, 2023 8:38 AM

thiq

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 12, 2023 11:12 AM

AO Open Draw is out. Bad for Nadal, good for Novaxx. Cam has a great breakdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 12, 2023 11:30 AM

Jack never seems to catch a break on first rounds in Slams! Tho, if Rafa hasn't improved on his performances at the United Cup this could be a toss-up!

by Anonymousreply 457January 12, 2023 11:38 AM

It’s a pity Giron is wearing black because it’s harder to see his ass.

by Anonymousreply 458January 12, 2023 2:25 PM

And, damn it, R458, he has to play Medvedev first round AO.

by Anonymousreply 459January 12, 2023 2:43 PM

R459 Hot Players DESERVE to be given easy early rounds to ensure given the added value they bring to the sport!

by Anonymousreply 460January 12, 2023 3:17 PM

Who does Daddy play?

by Anonymousreply 461January 12, 2023 6:41 PM

r460 I agree, especially the swarthy ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 12, 2023 7:04 PM

I think a Djokovic-Tsitsipas final is in store. Would be quite good!

by Anonymousreply 463January 12, 2023 11:16 PM

Novak is going to walk to a title. Could not have an easier draw.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 464January 12, 2023 11:52 PM

Puig! on Tennis Channel again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 465January 13, 2023 2:09 AM

For the Shapo blond leg hair fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466January 13, 2023 2:57 AM

Shapo is looking exceptionally beautiful these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 13, 2023 3:00 AM

Thank you for posting that R467.

by Anonymousreply 468January 13, 2023 3:01 AM

Shapo team.

by Anonymousreply 469January 13, 2023 3:02 AM

The Happy Slam

by Anonymousreply 470January 13, 2023 3:02 AM

Justine Kenin Hardenne.

by Anonymousreply 471January 13, 2023 3:15 AM

Brooksby team or Norrie team?

by Anonymousreply 472January 13, 2023 3:55 AM

Shapo may be #22 in the rankings, but he's #1 in my sexual fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 473January 13, 2023 4:11 AM

Norrie Team

by Anonymousreply 474January 13, 2023 5:13 AM

I truly don't get the attraction to Shapo. He reminds me of the unfortunate love child of Janice the Muppet and Scooby Doo, but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 475January 13, 2023 6:18 AM

shapo is a lil stud.. love see him inside daddi fritz.

by Anonymousreply 476January 13, 2023 6:34 AM

Back in the Real World... Draper and Kwon having a right old ding-dong in Adelaide, 6-7, 7-6 going into a final set. Jack is definitely a bit 'off' and Kwon is definitely 'on'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 13, 2023 7:13 AM

You and he apparently share the same level of literacy.

by Anonymousreply 478January 13, 2023 7:14 AM

Just watched the first episode of Break Point. Godawful and only achieved showing Nick K to be an even bigger douche than I'd imagined. Nor do I want to watch Sharapova comment on anything. Hoping episode 2 is an improvement. That shouldn't be too difficult with the bar so low.

by Anonymousreply 479January 13, 2023 7:40 AM

juncc in da truncc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 13, 2023 11:18 AM

But, r479, our Courtney of Ben and Courtney fame is in it!!!

by Anonymousreply 481January 13, 2023 11:35 AM

giron is made to be eaten::: sexgod !

by Anonymousreply 482January 13, 2023 1:25 PM

Novaxx and Kygios sell out Rod Laver Arena in 58 minutes in a preview of a potential QF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 13, 2023 1:40 PM

R483 Perfect!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484January 13, 2023 1:44 PM

emma can beat coco gauff

by Anonymousreply 485January 13, 2023 9:30 PM

Ajla Tomljanovic is out of AO. She posted a message to say she tried everything in her power to get healthy but just ran out of time to heal and be 100 percent ready to compete at a high level.

by Anonymousreply 486January 14, 2023 2:25 AM

Gasquet team or Norrie team?

by Anonymousreply 487January 14, 2023 2:35 AM

Gasquet wins.

by Anonymousreply 488January 14, 2023 2:39 AM

Stoked for Gasquet. He really deserved that after fighting back from 1-4 down in the 3rd - against Norrie of all people who just grinds most players down in a final set.

If he bows out this later this year, winning a title win be a lovely bookend to his career.

by Anonymousreply 489January 14, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote] An incredible night of listening, learning, and idea sharing with the Executive Committee.

Do any of you follow the Professional Tennis Players Association with Djockovic, Popsicle and Isner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 14, 2023 3:11 AM

Nope, and you've named three of the main reasons why I don't follow the PTPA.

by Anonymousreply 491January 14, 2023 3:31 AM

The PTPA reminds me of Rand Paul's bogus ophthalmologist certification organization:

[quote] National Board of Ophthalmology

[quote] In 1995, Paul was certified to practice by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO). Three years earlier, the ABO had changed its certification program, which previously awarded lifetime certifications, and required ophthalmologists to recertify every 10 years, while those who had already been given lifetime certification were not required to recertify. Paul felt this was unfair and campaigned to have all ophthalmologists recertify every ten years.

[quote] In 1999, he incorporated the National Board of Ophthalmology (NBO) to offer an alternative certification system, at a cost substantially lower than that of the ABO. Board members were Paul, his wife, and his father-in-law. His father-in-law, the board's secretary, stated "I never did go to any meetings ... There was really nothing involved. It was more just a title than anything else, for me". By Paul's estimate, about 50 or 60 doctors were certified by the NBO. The NBO was not accepted as an accrediting entity by organizations such as the American Board of Medical Specialties, and its certification was considered invalid by many hospitals and insurance companies. Paul did not file the required paperwork with the Kentucky Secretary of State's office for the NBO's renewal to operate in 2000. He recreated the board in 2005, but it was again dissolved in 2011.

[quote] Paul maintained his own ABO certification from 1995 to 2005. Specialty certification does not affect physician licensure, and Paul's medical license has been valid continuously, with no board actions, since June 1993.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 14, 2023 4:34 AM

The fearless teenager who BEAT Novak Djokovic and is now gunning to make Nick Kyrgios his next major scalp at the Australian Open

Rune, 19, is already in the ATP world top 10 and seeded ninth at Melbourne Park.

If both men win their first two Grand Slam matches, a showdown awaits in round three.

'I have to take one match at a time – everybody is tough – but, of course, it could be fun,' Rune said.

'Nick is always playing great. When he's playing, he's on and he's super dangerous... I'll take the fight, for sure. I'm not afraid. I'm just going to go out there and play my tennis.

It's good for the sport that we have a guy like Nick, who can cheer the crowd like he does.

'It's better to play with a full stadium that is loud than in front of nobody, so I see it as a positive.'

Like Kyrgios, Rune was a junior world No.1 and has a fiery temper.

His talent is obvious - Rune won the Paris Masters in November, beating five top players - Carlos Alcaraz, Felix Auger Aliassime, Andrey Rublev, Hubert Hurkacz and then Novak Djokovic in the final.

He also made the quarter-finals at the French Open last year.

Kyrgios faces Russian Roman Safiullin in his first round match on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 493January 14, 2023 4:57 AM

No, r490, but I had a look after your post, and came across (as it were) this very fey and gay-voiced declaration by Pospisil. Are we sure he isn’t (closeted) family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 14, 2023 7:23 AM

I still want to get inside Tri-pod's pants.

by Anonymousreply 495January 14, 2023 11:08 AM

nice long-ish vid of Jack D

forward to about 4:00 for some skin

his brother is hawt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496January 14, 2023 11:35 AM

Inspired by compatriot, Grampy Gasquet, rapidly rising French sexpot, Arthur Fils, wins his first Challenger Title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497January 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Please try to think deeper than a soap dish.

The five core tenets of the PTPA Principles are:

Take collective action and advocate on behalf of tennis players globally

Obtain players’ fair share of the business of tennis and terms of participation

Optimize and rigorously protect tennis players’ rights

Safeguard tennis player’s’ welfare and protect players from abuse

Advocate for, and contribute to, the best vision and structure of tennis globally

“For these principles to matter, it means putting them into practice. Their implementation will create the culture and infrastructure upon which the PTPA will be built and around which our leadership will focus their advocacy and business and program development efforts,” continued Mr. Nassar.

Some examples of PTPA Principles include:

Collective – Tennis is predominantly an individual sport, but that should not mean individual players are isolated and divided. Right to Organize – Tennis players have the right to join the players association and to have their individual and collective rights maximized and protected. Shared Success – Tennis players have the right to share fairly in the economic activity and wealth of tennis, which players have helped generate, underpinned by fair and just pay and working conditions. Equitable Compensation – Tennis players have the right to equitable, percentage-based player prize money, as well as annual player minimum compensation. Pension and Retirement – Tennis players have the right to world-class pensions and benefits. Privacy and Personal Data – Tennis players have the right to a private life, privacy, and protection in relation to the collection, storage, transfer, and commercialization of personal data. Equality of Opportunity – Tennis players are entitled to equality of opportunity in the pursuit of sport, free of discrimination, harassment, and violence. Remedy – Tennis players must be able to access an effective remedy, through agreed, rights compliant dispute resolution mechanisms when their rights are not respected and upheld. Anti-Doping – Tennis players must have a fair anti-doping program, administered by licensed independent personnel, with appropriate and updated scientifically determined thresholds in accordance with other major sports. Players must be fully supported to exercise their due process rights to challenge positive tests in a timely manner. Mental Health – Tennis players must have consistent access to world-class mental health resources. Welfare & Transition – Tennis players should have more resources to help them transition into life on the professional circuits, during their career, and, at the appropriate time, transition out after their playing careers end. Education & Advisory Support – Tennis players should have access to best-in-class financial, tax, legal, insurance, public relations, and health and wellness education and support. Sport Structure – Tennis players should have a say on the structure of the sport (e.g., scheduling), with mechanisms to enable them to collectively provide substantive input and contribute to its direction. Event Certification – The PTPA will explore certifying tournaments based on precise requirements in order to recognize those that treat players properly and incentivize others to do the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 14, 2023 1:48 PM

R498, Popsicle

by Anonymousreply 499January 14, 2023 3:09 PM

Some of those PTPA "tenets" are laughably arrogant and full of entitlement. Could you imagine any other union or collective demanding "best-in-class financial, tax, legal, insurance, public relations, and health and wellness education and support"?

by Anonymousreply 500January 14, 2023 3:17 PM

I abhor the term "best-in-class". It is effectively meaningless in practice.

by Anonymousreply 501January 14, 2023 3:20 PM

what r500 said, times one billion.

You'd think that these morons believe that by playing tennis games they were saving mankind.

Were the best doctors and scientists in the world to have even an iota of what they are asking for!

by Anonymousreply 502January 14, 2023 5:08 PM

I'm disappointed that Ons is involved with the PTPA.

by Anonymousreply 503January 14, 2023 5:10 PM

Ons Jabeur that is.

by Anonymousreply 504January 14, 2023 5:11 PM

I'm disappointed to see Hubie in that pack of NoVaxxx buttboys. I guess him playing dubs with Isner was a sign of where his 'leanings' lie.

by Anonymousreply 505January 14, 2023 5:23 PM

I don't remember read about this incident when it occurred:

[quote] "Another one who will get away with it, being white is really a privilege" - Tennis fans react to Matteo Berrettini's apology for racist remark on LeBron James

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 14, 2023 6:22 PM

Yay! Pickleball. I'm so glad that they have now switched to pickleball on Tennis Channel. We need a non-tennis sport on the channel dedicated to tennis.

by Anonymousreply 507January 14, 2023 8:10 PM

There are two guys playing pickleball doubles who could be brothers of Giron of the great ass.

by Anonymousreply 508January 14, 2023 8:13 PM

Is Fat Sock involved with the PTPA?

by Anonymousreply 509January 14, 2023 9:05 PM

Jack Draper has a large black mole on the left side of his chest as well as several smaller moles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 14, 2023 10:14 PM

^ dilettante!

by Anonymousreply 511January 14, 2023 10:17 PM

[quote]Jack Draper has a large black mole on the left side of his chest as well as several smaller moles.

wow, now that is a dick-wilter! Huge red flag! Thank you r510 for your valiant rescue of my, until now, misdirected lust.

by Anonymousreply 512January 14, 2023 10:19 PM

Bautister-Agu

by Anonymousreply 513January 14, 2023 11:40 PM

Hey, you know where I got this from? Bautistia Agut himself!

by Anonymousreply 514January 14, 2023 11:43 PM

Jack Draper is hot, I want to be his physio Tom! Getting my hands all over his body.

by Anonymousreply 515January 15, 2023 1:26 AM

For the Shapo blond leg hair fans. Aussie Open press day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516January 15, 2023 1:47 AM

Team D. Thiem for round 1 against Rublev

by Anonymousreply 517January 15, 2023 2:49 AM

Thiem team

by Anonymousreply 518January 15, 2023 2:49 AM

PTPA.

[quote] Stronger together.

Rolls eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 15, 2023 5:51 AM

PTPA.

[quote] Our leadership

Rolls other eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 15, 2023 5:52 AM

rune is the homophobic skunt who cusses out his opponents.....a kid made for the amateurs..

by Anonymousreply 521January 15, 2023 9:08 AM

R520, that video/reel is vomit-inducing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 522January 15, 2023 9:13 AM

Stop, R521. He's not, and don't be so thin skinned.

by Anonymousreply 523January 15, 2023 11:36 AM

r523^ Have patience, he's probably identifies as a 13 yo girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524January 15, 2023 12:44 PM

He is the butt of so many jokes from the other players, he is an ass to them as well...

by Anonymousreply 525January 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Taaaaylor Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiitz.

by Anonymousreply 526January 15, 2023 4:07 PM

[quote] Prince Harry reveals watching Rafael Nadal helped him cope during the lowest moments in new book ‘Spare’.

[quote] “When I feel alone and separated from my family, rewatching the Australian Open final is the best therapy. What Rafa has achieved is unbelievable. He’s just the GOAT.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527January 15, 2023 4:17 PM

They have a lot in common what with the double digit IQs and the intensely private wives. Maybe Harry could do with a "physio" who travels with him 365, like Rafa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 15, 2023 6:01 PM

Will the Prince Harry people please stay in their own lane and post in the many Royal threads please.

I believe that we tennis aficionados would like to keep these all-tennis threads purely focussed on bitingly gay tennis commentary.

Thank you for your cooperation n this matter.

by Anonymousreply 529January 15, 2023 6:16 PM

[quote] Serena Williams said she consulted Prince Harry and Meghan Markle before deciding to retire from tennis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 15, 2023 6:17 PM

Well, that proves she's a total loon, if nothing else does.

by Anonymousreply 531January 15, 2023 6:21 PM

Let's discuss the sexiest pickleball players.

by Anonymousreply 532January 15, 2023 6:25 PM

oval, Koval/Smith team or Grechkina/Parenteau team?

by Anonymousreply 533January 15, 2023 6:31 PM

Sexy pickleball is an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 534January 15, 2023 7:18 PM

Draper is super hot, wow.

by Anonymousreply 535January 15, 2023 8:24 PM

Johns/Johns team or Wright/Newman team?

by Anonymousreply 536January 15, 2023 8:32 PM

Australian Open coverage begins at 7:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN.

by Anonymousreply 537January 15, 2023 9:01 PM

^ woot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538January 15, 2023 9:04 PM

Anyone else watch the Netflix series? I thought most of it was boring, to be honest, and wouldn't really recommend. I did enjoy Berrettini saying that it 'wasn't love at first sight' with Ajla (we now know that they split up). Also, he told her to go to another room to take a call because he was still in the AO. Also mildly interesting: Sakkari says that her coach, Tom Hill, is her 'best friend'.

Ep 1: focused on Kyrgios

Ep 2: focus on Berrettini, some Ajla

Ep 3: focus on Taylor Fritz

Ep 4: focus on Badosa, Jabeur

Ep 5: Felix and Casper Ruud

by Anonymousreply 539January 15, 2023 10:20 PM

Nick bores me. I'm interested to see lovely Matteo, Daddy and cute Casper.

by Anonymousreply 540January 15, 2023 10:28 PM

oh, and Felix

the girls, not so much

by Anonymousreply 541January 15, 2023 10:29 PM

R541, are you ova the girls?

by Anonymousreply 542January 15, 2023 10:31 PM

totally ova

by Anonymousreply 543January 15, 2023 10:31 PM

I thought that Daddy Fritz came across as weak and controlled by his father and fame-hungry gf (they met on a dating app apparently) but I may be over-interpreting it.

by Anonymousreply 544January 15, 2023 10:47 PM

^ any 411 on how he's hung?

by Anonymousreply 545January 15, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote] I thought that Daddy Fritz came across as weak and controlled by his father

Taaaaylor Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiitz.

by Anonymousreply 546January 15, 2023 10:49 PM

If you accept that the show isn't made for avid tennis fans (and certainly not those who post about tennis on DL) or intended to be a comprehensive review of the 2022 tennis season, it's a pleasant, moderately entertaining watch. The first episode was the weakest. Nick Kyrgios is not nearly as interesting as he thinks he is and despite alluding to all these obstacles he's overcome, the show goes into very little detail about what those obstacles were. He mentions racism, which I don't doubt he's experienced, but no examples are given. Perhaps their profile on him will be fleshed out in the Wimbledon episode but I was bored.

The best segments were on Daddy Fritz and the interactions with the coaches before the IW final; Ons Jabeur and her hot gay husband discussing babies; and the Felix/Uncle Toni drama. Also loved the footage of Casper and Rafa awaiting to come on court before the French final.

The next five episodes should be better, assuming they touch on the Wimbledon Russia ban/no points fallout; Alcaraz's and Tiafoe's runs at the US Open; and Iga's record-breaking season. Also, talk about serendipity in choosing to focus some random journeywoman like Ajla Tomljanović at the outset only to have her end up being a major protagonist in one of the most-watched tennis matches in recent history.

by Anonymousreply 547January 15, 2023 11:06 PM

This time of year I get super horny watching all the boys at the Aussie Open. Shapo looking more beautiful than ever. Can't wait to see Draper, Ruud.

by Anonymousreply 548January 15, 2023 11:18 PM

I abhor Collins.

by Anonymousreply 549January 16, 2023 12:00 AM

@CocoGauff grabs the first set 6-1 against Siniakova.

by Anonymousreply 550January 16, 2023 12:08 AM

Any DL boyfriends playing today?

by Anonymousreply 551January 16, 2023 12:08 AM

Too many to list, R551, or to decide which are worthy DL boyfriends. Here's the full list of first day play scheduled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552January 16, 2023 12:14 AM

@EmmaRaducanu takes the first set 6-3 over Korpatsch 💪

by Anonymousreply 553January 16, 2023 12:18 AM

And the first seed is out: Kostyuk takes out Anisimova. Kostyuk's clothing sponsor is now Wilson (first time ever they've done that).

by Anonymousreply 554January 16, 2023 12:32 AM

Shapo's shorts are shorter than ever, and he's wearing a thin, clingy white top that shows maximum nip.

Nice work, Nike!

by Anonymousreply 555January 16, 2023 1:47 AM

Shapo team.

by Anonymousreply 556January 16, 2023 1:54 AM

Altmaier team or Tiafoe team?

by Anonymousreply 557January 16, 2023 2:29 AM

It's early hours, but the ESPN coverage thus far sucks donkey balls.

by Anonymousreply 558January 16, 2023 2:35 AM

Lifeless Caroline needs to go

by Anonymousreply 559January 16, 2023 2:40 AM

Naranja Nadal Team or Dapper Draper Team?

by Anonymousreply 560January 16, 2023 2:46 AM

Caroline sounds tranquilized.

by Anonymousreply 561January 16, 2023 2:47 AM

I would normally want Draper team, but given that I want Nadal to eventually equal or exceed Margaret Court's record, I'll say Nadal team.

by Anonymousreply 562January 16, 2023 2:47 AM

Is this the official Australian Open thread?

by Anonymousreply 563January 16, 2023 3:07 AM

R563 Not for long!

by Anonymousreply 564January 16, 2023 3:11 AM

Shapo wins!

6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1

Blond leg hair standing on end with the thrill of victory.

by Anonymousreply 565January 16, 2023 3:20 AM

Tiafoe wearing a wonderfully ridiculous brightly multi-colored and busy print kit - sleeveless and clingy. I still want to eat his beautiful ass.

by Anonymousreply 566January 16, 2023 3:22 AM

It's impressive that Ostapenko is still out there competing while being six-months pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 567January 16, 2023 3:50 AM

Nadal has lost a lot of hair. OMG.

by Anonymousreply 568January 16, 2023 3:53 AM

Bwahahaha! Kyrgios withdraws.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569January 16, 2023 4:00 AM

For the Shapo blond leg hair fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570January 16, 2023 4:03 AM

Will The Kokk be needing a new doubles partner?

by Anonymousreply 571January 16, 2023 4:15 AM

Nick K is out of AO due to injury!!! LOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 572January 16, 2023 4:15 AM

Nadal won the first set, but he's down 0-4 in the second set. He basically drew almost the highest ranked unseeded player, but still, peak Nadal wouldn't have this much trouble. This HAS to be his last year, no?

by Anonymousreply 573January 16, 2023 4:19 AM

I thought someone said McEnroe was out at ESPN??? Did they even send anyone actually to Melbourne, or are they all in the comforts of the ESPN facility in Hartford?

by Anonymousreply 574January 16, 2023 4:59 AM

R574, he wasn’t out. He was just not sent to Melbourne.

by Anonymousreply 575January 16, 2023 5:01 AM

I wondered this too, R574.

There were news reports that ESPN wasn't "sending McEnroe to Australia." But I thought, don't they call all the matches remotely now?

by Anonymousreply 576January 16, 2023 5:01 AM

ESPN evidently does not have their best people working the AO. At one point during the Raducanu match tonight, the announcing team discussed how winning the first round match would be significant to her, since this was the Slam where she’d had her “her best results.” Hello? Raducanu won the US Open? I couldn’t believe it.

by Anonymousreply 577January 16, 2023 5:11 AM

Robbie Koenig and Wally Masur - calling the Tiafoe match right now - are exceptional. But they may be in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 578January 16, 2023 5:15 AM

It can never be last year on tour. It would mean I go home and see wife live in the next house, no? No, no, no, no. Bad idea. I will be on tour till I'm 88 if necessary. I will be ATP janitor or anything, but I don't stay home all year, it's like death.

by Anonymousreply 579January 16, 2023 5:20 AM

New thread for when this one is at capacity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 16, 2023 5:24 AM

Just.

by Anonymousreply 581January 16, 2023 10:37 PM

Just

by Anonymousreply 582January 16, 2023 10:37 PM

need

by Anonymousreply 583January 16, 2023 10:37 PM

to

by Anonymousreply 584January 16, 2023 10:38 PM

end

by Anonymousreply 585January 16, 2023 10:38 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 586January 16, 2023 10:38 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 587January 16, 2023 10:38 PM

given

by Anonymousreply 588January 16, 2023 10:38 PM

that

by Anonymousreply 589January 16, 2023 10:38 PM

the

by Anonymousreply 590January 16, 2023 10:39 PM

new

by Anonymousreply 591January 16, 2023 10:39 PM

taking one

or more than one

for the team

by Anonymousreply 592January 16, 2023 10:39 PM

one

by Anonymousreply 593January 16, 2023 10:39 PM

took

by Anonymousreply 594January 16, 2023 10:39 PM

you

by Anonymousreply 595January 16, 2023 10:39 PM

go

by Anonymousreply 596January 16, 2023 10:40 PM

off

by Anonymousreply 597January 16, 2023 10:40 PM

gurl!

by Anonymousreply 598January 16, 2023 10:40 PM

prematurely

by Anonymousreply 599January 16, 2023 10:40 PM

am I last, u cunts?

by Anonymousreply 600January 16, 2023 10:40 PM

The end. Giron’s rear end.

Shapo’s blond leg hair.

by Anonymousreply 601January 16, 2023 10:41 PM

[quote] am I last, u cunts?

Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 602January 16, 2023 10:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!