Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Story of Hugh Jackman in Five Acts

Award season campaigning is upon us:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2022 2:50 PM

Something is wrong with the person who wrote the article, see below:

"Act II

This is a story about leaving New York. For weeks before meeting Jackman at our photo shoot, I’d been telling strangers — people in line at the pharmacy and the barber shop, cab drivers, a cashier at Home Depot — that I was abandoning the city that had been my home for 18 years, for Los Angeles.

So it doesn’t seem that weird (to me anyway) that it’s the first thing I blurt out to Jackman upon seeing him on a beautiful fall day. He quizzes me about it, not approving of the move like every other New Yorker I’ve talked to.

We see each other again a few days later for lunch in SoHo, and they show us to a table by the window. I

ask for something less conspicuous, but an employee tells me nothing is available, issuing the rejection without even looking at Jackman, the towering movie star in a fitted T-shirt standing next to me.

As we settle into our seats, Jackman jokes that he isn’t as famous as he thought. “When I first did a movie with Meg Ryan”— it was the 2001 romantic comedy “Kate & Leopold” — “she said, ‘Oh, New York’s the best!’ I said, ‘Don’t you get bothered here?’ She goes, ‘Everyone’s moving. You can get everywhere. L.A.’s a nightmare.’”

That’s what I’ve been afraid of. Unlike most interviews with actors, this one begins with Jackman interrogating me. Have I found a place yet in L.A.? How is the packing going? Do I read a lot of books? I tell him I’ve taped up 25 boxes. “That’s not much,” he says. “Well, I did hear this when I was touring: Katy Perry has 26 semitrailers to move around for her show.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote] Playing a loving, gay musical icon shattered the public’s perceptions about him and launched his career to a different plane

I thought this article was about to out him... but it doesn't go further than that.

by Anonymousreply 2October 31, 2022 2:43 PM

This guy isn't that interesting.

Kate and Leopold sucked donkey dicks. I tried watching it but turned it off 10 minutes in. I think by that time Meg was in her ugly phase with dandelion hair and baggy mens clothes. Sadly, she's still in that phase.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2022 2:43 PM

Great product placement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2022 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!