Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Luca Guadagnino's Cannibal Movie "Bones and All."

Opens on Thanksgiving Day.

Is that supposed to be ironic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 6:50 AM

This movie looks awful.

I can't believe Michael Stuhlbarg agreed to be in it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2022 3:57 PM

This should be interesting. Thanksgiving release date and no apparent streaming option. Also, he won't have a huge A list ensemble to hide behind like Dune and Don't Look Up.

by Anonymousreply 2October 31, 2022 3:59 PM

Louis Mayer is rolling in his grave. The trailer is pretentious and I have no doubt the movie will bomb.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2022 4:03 PM

That looks fucking FANTASTIC!

Congrats Timmo.

Can’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2022 4:09 PM

For anybody who may have already seen it, does he show his ass? His cock?

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2022 4:59 PM

Timmy looks hot as fuck.

As usual.

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2022 12:55 AM

Little lord cigarette @ 3:50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2022 1:08 AM

[QUOTE]For anybody who may have already seen it, does he show his ass?

I hope not. Who wants to see his bony pancake ass? His appeal is lost when your eyes stray below his neck.

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2022 1:18 AM

Timmy could be looking at his first bomb.

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2022 1:30 AM

[quote] Timmy could be looking at his first bomb.

I don't think it will affect him too much.

I'm guessing that nobody could ever make a movie about CANNIBALS into some kind of blockbuster hit.

The other thing is that I don't think this would have been Timmy's choice of movie to make. Most likely, he did it as a favor to Luca, for giving him his breakout role.

Same for Stuhlbarg.

Now that the favor has been repaid, Timmy never has to act in another crappy Guadagnino movie again.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2022 12:34 PM

R10: After being called "the next DiCaprio," "the it boy," "a once in a generation talent," you'd think it was going to pull in respectable numbers. If this does poorly, yes it will affect him.

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2022 4:22 PM

Exactly—Just as Leo was DESTROYED by Total Eclipse.

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2022 4:25 PM

Oh come on, a straight white man like him is going to be given chance after chance after chance.

by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2022 4:49 PM

Another YA project about special teens.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2022 8:05 AM

Nobody asked for this.

by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2022 8:21 AM

I think the problem with his career is that he continues to get miscast. The only role he was really right for was CMBYN and I don’t care what anyone says he was pretty much playing himself in that. Why would you cast a stick figure like him as some cannibalistic, murderous thug? Why are the powers that be so hell bent on typecasting him as the alpha male?

by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2022 2:07 PM

I prefer a more wholesome eating experience. No teeth if you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2022 2:13 PM

If CMBYN was about a straight relationship, he wouldn't have a career now. The entire basis for the claims he's such a great actor are built on a foundation of 'he's so brave for playing gay'

by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2022 2:18 PM

Elio was bi.

by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2022 2:51 PM

You know what I meant, you inutterably tedious cunt

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2022 2:53 PM

R15: Nobody asked for the Wonka shit either.

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2022 8:31 PM

[quote] Elio was bi.

Elio was a brat.

And he didn't know what the fuck he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 22November 3, 2022 6:15 PM

Will Timmy ever be a bottom again on film?

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2022 2:47 AM

I bet it won't bomb. Americans like horror, based on box office numbers. Teens will be looking for something to do on Thanksgiving weekend. A blend of romance and cannibalism might appeal to demented teenagers and twisted people like Guadagnino in general. Chalamet is trying to appeal to the dregs now.

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2022 2:56 AM

R24: Yes but cannibalism might turn a lot of people off. Anyway I wonder how his PR will spin it if it bombs or if it does okay but below expectations.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2022 3:01 AM

r22 in the book its made clear that although he mainly dated men, he dated women in his adult life. It is an awful movie, and an even more awful book written by a pretentious bisexual man married to a woman. Its safe to say Elio was bi.

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2022 3:13 AM

R18 I have to agree. If his breakout role had been anything else, Timothee probably wouldn’t be as popular. People love their sad white gay twinks. Trevante Rhodes was just as revelatory in Moonlight but his career has been a disappointment since then.

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2022 7:05 PM

This movie and Wonka will really test Timothee’s popularity. If he’s truly the movie star of his generation like many people insist he is, both movies should have no problem making money.

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2022 7:06 PM

R27: Hollywood loves mediocre white boys.

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2022 7:08 PM

R29 Timothee still feels too niche for me to accept as a movie star. To be a movie star, people of all races have to accept you. Timothee’s biggest fans seem to be white girls and white gays.

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2022 7:12 PM

I absolutely loved Luca Guadagnino's "Suspiria" remake—I know a lot of people did not, but I thought it was brilliant, scary, and visually gorgeous—just a fantastic high-calibre, artsy horror movie. This, by comparison, looks completely insufferable. I read that Chloë Sevigny's character doesn't even have any lines, which makes me curious as to what her role exactly is in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2022 7:24 PM

I'm starting to see the trailer for this movie all over the place.

And I just don't see who's the audience for this movie.

I can't imagine that anyone would want to see a movie about two cannibal teens, devouring their victims.

It's just gratuitous violence, with no thought behind it.

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2022 7:59 AM

I am a diehard fan of Luca Guadagnino’s Suspiria remake—maybe my favorite movie of the last decade—so I am going to see this despite having mixed feelings. I am not a big fan of Timmy (or Call Me By Your Name, to be honest), but I do like Chloë Sevigny, and am pretty much willing to watch anything she is a part of. Even if it’s less than stellar, there’s always an interesting angle to pretty much everything she does. I read an interview with her where she said she doesn’t have a speaking role in the film, and the promo materials don’t advertise her name, though they do show her in a scenario that makes it appear as though she’s a victim of the teen cannibals.

Apparently Timmy goes cruising and gives a guy a handjob in this, so there’s also that. I think the rat boy can be occasionally cute.

I am sort of surprised by how wide the release for this film is—it’s playing at numerous theaters in my area, including a lot of non-art house, suburban locations. I’m going to see it tomorrow night after work, and, as of now at least, am the only person who’s purchased a ticket to that showing. I suspect it is going to flop, badly.

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2022 3:00 AM

I'm seeing it tomorrow with my film-buff friend. Honestly, Chloe Sevigny and Andre Holland are more of a draw for me than the leads.

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2022 3:13 AM

Saw this tonight. Liked it, but didn't love it. "Suspiria" was a much more accomplished film IMO. This at times got too close to adolescent teen drama for my liking (which I guess I should have anticipated), but the atmosphere was pretty much flawless. Maybe one of the best depictions of "gothic midwest" that I've seen on film. Worth watching for that alone. Timmy was good, though I almost laughed out loud when he showed up in the finale coming to the rescue in a floral-print women's blouse (I'm guessing he pitched this idea to the costume designers? Seems on-brand).

Taylor Russell, who I've never seen in anything before, gave a smart performance I thought. She weirdly reminded me a lot of Alison Lohman, maybe because they have very similar voices and mannerisms. I found her likable. Mark Rylance was great, though his eccentric character didn't quite get enough exploration to make much sense. Chloë Sevigny's part was borderline a throwaway performance, but she was fucking scary. I think this will end up having a long life as a cult movie in the years to come.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 7:27 AM

^ Also, I did NOT recognize Jessica Harper in this. I only realized it was her when the end credits rolled. She looked and sounded familiar onscreen, but I didn't even notice that it was her.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Saw it tonight. Meh. I had not read anything about it beforehand. It wasn't something I was looking to see, but as I said at R34, my has-to-see-everything film obsessed friend took me to see it. The beginning was food with how early they establish what's going on with Maren and that jump scare at the sleepover. And I thought it was fairly good up through when she meets Lee and they journey to Minnesota. It really ran out of steam for me after that and by the end I was pretty underwhelmed. When they were sitting on the bluffs somewhere out west in August (as the screen said, I think), they should have just ended it there with that fade to black. The Ann Arbor arc and the reappearance of Sully - it just didn't work for me. Granted, again, if I knew this was just a "love story" maybe I would not have been as disappointed.

They both had an "eater" parent, so obviously it can be a metaphor for children of alcoholics or abuse who are trying to avoid the same fate? And being relieved to find others who are like them and can understand them.

I didn't hate it, but I'd never watch it again. It was artfully gruesome. Poor down-low carnival guy. Lol. And a waste of Chloe Sevigny.

I grew up in Moorhead, Minnesota (bordering Fargo, North Dakota). The high schools in most of the cities they mentioned and/or traveled to in Minnesota - Detroit Lakes, Bemidji, Fergus Falls - were all in my school's sports conference. I laughed because it was so random. Bagley, MN, where the grandmother lived, was not - but I sure know where that is.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 3:06 PM

How was Timmy's hook up scene?

Was it hot?

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2022 4:04 AM

R38 not really. He cruises a carnival worker and briefly makes out with him. You see him giving the guy a reach-around hand job in a cornfield for a few seconds before Timmy slashes his throat. Then Timmy and his girlfriend start devouring the guy, mostly offscreen. The actor who plays the carnie was hot, but I didn't find it titillating at all. They find out shortly after that the carnie is married and has kids, to which Timmy exclaims, "He didn't have a wedding ring!"

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 6:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!