Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lindsey Graham says there are 'gonna be people jumping off bridges in San Francisco by the thousands'

LIMA, Ohio — Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina was met with roaring laughter from a crowd of Republican voters on Tuesday evening when he suggested that Republican Rep. Jim Jordan's ascension to chair of the House Judiciary Committee could result in a raft of suicides.

Graham, campaigning in Ohio for GOP Senate candidate JD Vance, addressed a room full of party faithful at a dinner hosted by the local Republican party in Lima, a Western Ohio city that Jordan has long represented in Congress. Also in attendance were Republican Gov. Mike DeWine, Ohio GOP chairman Mike Paduchik, and a handful of other top Republican officials in the state.

Vance, a former venture capitalist and the author of "Hillbilly Elegy," is facing a tougher than expected race against Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan, and has recently been campaigning with national Republican figures including former President Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.

"You got something really special here. This guy is going to change the Republican Party, change the Senate, all for the better," Graham said near the beginning of his address, referring to Vance. "But here's some words that really rattle the Democratic Party. What's the worst thing the Democratic Party wants to hear? Chairman Jim Jordan."

Jordan, a leader of the party's right flank and currently the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee, has pledged to conduct investigations into the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Justice if the GOP retakes the House.

"There are gonna be people jumping off bridges in San Francisco by the thousands," said Graham, bursting into laughter along with the crowd. "You know, New York City, they may literally shut down."

An average of 30 people every year die by suicide at the Golden Gate Bridge in the San Francisco Bay area. More than 1,800 people have in total have plunged to their deaths from the famous bridge — the most number of suicides on any bridge in the country, according to The Los Angeles Times. Officials recently began constructing a steel net underneath the bridge in an attempt to prevent deaths.

Graham has made a version of this joke at least once before, including denying rumors that he might be gay in a 2009 interview with the New York Times.

"I know it's really gonna upset a lot of gay men — I'm sure hundreds of 'em are gonna be jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge — but I ain't available," said Graham in the interview. "I ain't gay. Sorry."

Jordan, a staunch ally of former president Donald Trump, helped found the conservative House Freedom Caucus and previously served as chair of the House Republican Study Committee. He's promised the judiciary committee will "aggressively" investigate the Department of Justice and other government entities and officials if the GOP retakes control of the House.

At the Lima event, Graham went on to joke about Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler's weight. The current chair of the judiciary committee has been open in the past about his struggles with weight loss.

"I can't wait until he gets the gavel. The best trade in the history of politics is Jerry Nadler for Jim Jordan," said Graham. "You're saving about 200 pounds."

But Graham also underscored the broader stakes of the 2022 midterm elections, noting that Republicans will be able to investigate Democrats on a range of issues if they regain power.

"The bottom line is we'll have oversight. We'll ask questions you've been dying for somebody to ask, and we'll see what kind of answers we get," he said. "We'll get to the bottom a lot of this crap. You can only do that if you're in charge."

At the outset of the dinner, Vance praised Graham, saying he'd followed his career for a long time. "I've watched him on TV, I've watch him on Fox News, like a lot of you," said Vance.

Vance said Graham particularly impressed him with an impassioned defense of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in 2018. The candidate noted that his wife, Usha, had once worked for Kavanaugh when he was a federal judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 28, 2022 5:48 AM

"I've never seen Washington do anything like they did to Brett Kavanaugh," said Vance. "And his most energetic, most passionate, and I think the most effective defender was a great senator from South Carolina: Lindsey Graham."

Just before the event, Vance and Graham took a handful of questions from the media.

Insider asked the two men — both of whom are prominent examples of Republicans who strongly condemned Trump only to later become his loyal cheerleaders — about their support for the former president.

"I don't know that we've talked about it," said Vance, gesturing towards Graham. "My argument is: when a guy does a good job, you ought to change your mind, because when the facts change, that's what thinking people do."

"Primaries are contested," said Graham, who also sought the Republican nomination for president in 2016. "You know, all the opponents of Joe Biden got on board, because he beat them. When Trump beat me, I accepted my defeat, and I thought he was a good president on the things that I care about. So there you go."

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2022 3:08 AM

This closeted cunt!

At this point, Miss Lindseybelle is just taunting gay people.

Someone needs to take this pile of dog shit DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2022 3:08 AM

I ain't gay, I don't enjoy men entering my behind with their tallywackers! Every time they do, I tell those horrible gay men to cut it out, I am not interested! Please! Don't Stop!

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2022 3:33 AM

A raft of suicides

[quote]met with roaring laughter from a crowd of Republican voters

What kind of death cult is this?

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2022 3:37 AM

Why won’t someone end this BBC loving closet queen? It’s well known in all of Washington D.C. what this cunt likes best, why is he allowed to stroll the streets I disturbed? Every Republican should be harassed and knocked out cold! Fuck them!!

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2022 3:41 AM

[quote]Someone needs to take this pile of dog shit DOWN.

And yet, no one ever does.

I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2022 3:43 AM

He was killing!

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2022 3:44 AM

It’s pathetic how much he hates himself. What a disgusting excuse for a human being. Why won’t someone call him out publicly?

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2022 3:52 AM

JFC, how fucking EXHAUSTING are the next ten years going to be with a GOP win in November?

I'm already tired, Lord.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2022 3:53 AM

Where is this “wife” of his that we never see?

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2022 3:55 AM

And let's talk about GYM Jordan too.

He's another closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2022 3:59 AM

The rnc has to have so much dirt on him, right?

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2022 4:00 AM

Here's Gym Jordan describing his cock size.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2022 4:02 AM

AGAIN, no one has the balls to OUT HIM.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2022 4:16 AM

He makes fat jokes about Jerry Nadler but is friends with lardass Trump

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2022 5:36 AM

No more than usual.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2022 5:38 AM

Lady Lindzebelle calls Herschel her Mr. Goodbar: chocolate with nuts.

by Anonymousreply 17October 28, 2022 12:52 AM

What a fetid twat she is,

by Anonymousreply 18October 28, 2022 4:39 AM

Jordan has the coloring of an 80-yr. old man.

by Anonymousreply 19October 28, 2022 5:36 AM

I hope he gets raped with a switchblade.

by Anonymousreply 20October 28, 2022 5:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!