Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What the hell is wrong with Matthew perry?

Is it Crack? What did Keanu Reeves ever do to him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 4, 2022 9:50 PM

He looks like a human cross of Beeker from the Muppet Show and a Qtip

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2022 11:59 PM

I’ve had sufficient of his whiny ghost-written drivel and constant passive aggressive blame.

He’s still an addict, clearly damaged beyond repair, yet manages to avoid confirming sobriety.

Slamming talents greater than him who managed not to completely fuck themselves is pathetic.

He must need the money - if he had decent comms staff they would have shut down this memoir way before we got to the pity party book tour.

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2022 12:01 AM

I think bitterness accelerates the aging process.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2022 12:02 AM

At least I have a working colon.

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2022 12:04 AM

Keanu Reeves is not a greater talent. Infinitely more easy on the eyes, yes. But that's not a talent.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2022 12:04 AM

Being the weakest link in an ensemble cast on a bland sitcom isn't talent either R5

by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2022 12:06 AM

Courteney Cox was the weakest link. (Hence the fat suit to make her "hilarious.)

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2022 12:10 AM

He was always an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2022 12:17 AM

[quote]“Why is it that the original thinkers like River Phoenix and Heath Ledger die..."

Hilarious that Matt Perry thinks being a drug-addicted mess is "original thinking". It's not.

by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2022 12:19 AM

No R7 the weakest link is the constipated bloated hack perry who was so full of shit and Vicodin he needed to detox on the set. As I understand it he had the most problems out of all the cast.

by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2022 12:20 AM

Could he BE any more pathetic?

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2022 12:21 AM

I saw this headline, but didn’t read the article. Did he give any reasoning to saying this? He sounds like a major asshole.

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2022 12:24 AM

Why is it that a man like Perry who died 30 years ago still walks among us?

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2022 12:24 AM

He always seemed like an asshole. He sounds jealous of Keanu.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2022 12:26 AM

Keanu is not a particularly great actor but he’s also entirely harmless and by all accounts a genuinely good person, so I don’t get why the vitriol is aimed at him of all people.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2022 12:26 AM

Keanu seems like a great person. Sad for River, but does being a better actor make you more worthy of surviving? Matthew Perry is a really twisted moron.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2022 12:28 AM

No. Truly, Courtney was the weakest link.

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2022 12:28 AM

Keanu has never come out. He could have done a lot of good if he did.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2022 12:29 AM

He's not gay, so why would he come out?

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2022 12:38 AM

Here’s the answer that so woefully eludes this deep thinker: The two dead “talents” overdosed on drugs.

Keanu hasn’t.

So, who are the dummies here?

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2022 12:38 AM

They probably competed for parts. Charlie Sheen also hated him publicly. They both probably lost parts to him, even when objectively he is a laughably bad actor. Its just odd, like Brad Pitt is also another non-actor who got parts because he was pretty, but nobody dares badmouth him other than Angelina. Hating on Keanu is almost like kicking a puppy the way the general public sees it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2022 12:52 AM

What part would Keanu have stolen from Matthew? Speed, Constantine, Matrix, Bill and Ted, My Own Private Idaho? I don't see him in any of those. He's not a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2022 1:00 AM

I know you are but what am I? R17

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2022 1:00 AM

[Quote] He's not gay, so why would he come out?

There's more than just gay and str8, hon.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2022 1:03 AM

[Quote] Here’s the answer that so woefully eludes this deep thinker: The two dead “talents” overdosed on drugs. Keanu hasn’t. So, who are the dummies here?

Keanu was no stranger to H.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2022 1:03 AM

They're both Canadian. Perhaps they auditioned for the same parts as teenagers over in Canada? I'm grasping at straws seemingly.

Keanu Reeves is a hippie basically. I've always assumed he was bi and truly mean no harm.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2022 1:05 AM

k did as many drugs as they all did and thrived.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2022 1:06 AM

Perry at the premiere of The Matrix in 1999.

"FILE PHOTO: Matthew Perry attends the world premiere of "The Matrix" March 24, 1999 in Westwood, CA. Perry, who was hospitalized with an acute bout of pancreatitis earlier this year, said in an interview that he decided to change his lifestyle after slamming his green Porsche into a house on the same day he was released from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2022 1:11 AM

And yet he walks among us.

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2022 1:12 AM

He's certainly not jogging among us.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2022 1:13 AM

R24, thanks for that illuminating post.

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2022 1:16 AM

R4. Not for long. I’m coming over. Grab the Vaseline and your ankles.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2022 1:17 AM

[Quote] 🙄

Keanu likes the menz. How's that for clarity?

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2022 1:18 AM

[quote]“Why is it that the original thinkers like River Phoenix and Heath Ledger die..."

Original thinkers? Where the fuck does he get that? That was was even a hint of original thinking in either?

Nit that I would put Reeves at the top of the Original Thinkers list, but how original is it to be a scummy fame whore trading on the attention one professes to detest? Reeves at least work overtime plying a persona of "tortured genius chasing an 8-ball and a heroin chaser, for the Art, dint you know?"

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2022 1:26 AM

R33, let some insiders talk dear.

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2022 1:42 AM

Before Friends Matthew Perry co-starred in a movie with River Phoenix called "A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon."

I'm guessing it had something to do with that? God knows what.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2022 1:42 AM

[Quote] let some insiders talk dear.

Spill your insides, hon.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2022 1:46 AM

I completely took it to mean that kr is a fellow opioid addict. It was a backhanded compliment. I saw it that way.

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote]I completely took it to mean that kr is a fellow opioid addict.

That was my takeaway as well, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2022 2:08 AM

If that's his point, it would have been better made by using John Frusciacante's (sp?) name.

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2022 2:09 AM

You must be stretch Armstrong with all the reaching you're doing R38. He meant it just like it sounded, bitter. Keanu doesn't bother nobody except basic bitches like matty perry apparently.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2022 2:10 AM

[quote]They probably competed for parts. Charlie Sheen also hated him publicly.

I had to look this up, R21, and I will admit it made me laugh, he also makes a good point about Coppola & Bertolucci.

This is from 1994:

[quote]Since Sheen earlier mentioned that most of his recent action movies and parodies of action movies have paired him with other guys, how come he hasn't made flicks with the other, bigger male contemporary actors? Just this fall, when Sheen turns up in Terminal Velocity, Cruise, Brad Pitt and Christian Slater, for instance, will be out with the high-profile Interview With the Vampire. "I'd rather be making fucking Terminal Velocity than ever be a fucking vampire. I hope all those guys, Cruise, Pitt, Slater, are brilliant and win Oscars and make a billion dollars for that show. Tom Cruise totally invented himself, came out of nowhere, started as an image, then exposed himself as a true talent. I mean, the guy is fucking good, can't take that away from him. Oh, and Leon DiCaprio with his Oscar nomination and all his fucking James Dean bullshit? Shit, some of these punks got no fucking respect."

[quote]He's rolling now, quaffing more brew, Bogarting his cigarette between sips. "Was it in your Movieline story with Stephen Dorff that he was talking about guys playing the wrong ages in movies, like I supposedly was in Platoon?" he asks, referring to an interview I did with the outspoken BackBeat star. "I was 19 when I made that movie. Dorff is a pretty good actor, but he was jacking off in some high school gymnasium when I was making the movie. Or was it junior high? I'm not saying I'm an old-timer, but I'm in my eleventh year and maybe I deserve a little badge for taking the shit of the decade.

[quote]"I mean, how does fucking Francis Ford Coppola, one of the greatest filmmakers of our time, see Keanu Reeves's work, see what we've all seen, and say, 'That's what I want in my movie'? How does Bertolucci see that and say, 'That's my guy'? Emilio and I sit around and just scratch our fucking heads, thinking, 'How did this guy get in?' I mean, what the fuck? How does Keanu work with Coppola and Bertolucci and I don't get a shot at that, know what I'm saying?

[quote]"Maybe I should become a heroin addict," Sheen says, dissing Young Hollywood.

[quote]"Maybe I should roam the fucking streets at 5 a.m. and hang out at fucking coffee bars. You know, become avant-garde. Or maybe if I adopt an English accent and add a middle name, so I'm Charlie Something Sheen, I'll get there."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2022 2:10 AM

"Doesn't... nobody..."

Double negative? Really?

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2022 2:12 AM

Yes really Mary R43. I have double the middle fingers for your crusty ornery ass🖕🖕

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2022 2:18 AM

Charlie, another washed up drug whore.

by Anonymousreply 45October 26, 2022 2:20 AM

Pompous ass perry

by Anonymousreply 46October 26, 2022 2:20 AM

Ever heard of a comma, r44?

by Anonymousreply 47October 26, 2022 2:20 AM

This is SUCH a dick move. Where are his "people"? Why is his editor not cutting this shit?

by Anonymousreply 48October 26, 2022 2:22 AM

This is Datalouge not English 101 R47. It must be fun to ignore you at parties.

by Anonymousreply 49October 26, 2022 2:24 AM

Keanu could easily have wound up like River and Heath. But he didn't . He kicked his addictions. Reeves still is a much loved A List Movie Star. Which Perry will never be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 26, 2022 2:27 AM

The editors left it in (or made it up) to create a media frenzy and try to publicize the dumb book.

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2022 2:29 AM

Don't presume he's kicked his addictions.

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2022 2:30 AM

They could have been auditioning for the same roles when they were younger. Matthew got the BH90210 gig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2022 2:30 AM

Regarding Keanu, a lot can be said for an actor that is polite, knows his lines and shows up on time. And can put asses in seats.

by Anonymousreply 54October 26, 2022 2:32 AM

R54- He is one of the very few celebrities that I have respect for. Just a really nice, humble man.

by Anonymousreply 55October 26, 2022 2:37 AM

You believe his publicity. Congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 56October 26, 2022 2:40 AM

Apparently this drug loon thought (if that's the word) he didn't need a proofreader or, better, a responsible editor.

It was a gratuitous remark in its first entry. To say Keanu Reeves offends justice by living when Chris Farley died in a froth-mouthed OD (as had River Phoenix and Heath Ledger) in a second entry is to show disorder and muddled language.

Perry is an insolent, selfish turd.

by Anonymousreply 57October 26, 2022 2:41 AM

Matthew Perry gives “ostrich face” in OP’s pic. Christ, what a mess….

by Anonymousreply 58October 26, 2022 2:43 AM

Perry was clearly zonked out of his mind on the Friends reunion last year. Slurring, etc.

by Anonymousreply 59October 26, 2022 2:45 AM

All that Friends money and he can't help himself from being a cunt. Here's to hoping he gets hooked on whatever he used to do and ODs.

by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2022 2:46 AM

It always amuses me when people on a website for pointless bitchery get angry at a celebrity for doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2022 2:47 AM

R61, I don't want to speak for everyone, but when the intended target deserves it, we all jump in like savages. Perry was being a pretentious dick with that comment. He thought, because Keanu took a few silly roles and doesn't say much, he was an easy target. As if he's ever been a part of an important project. Friends? 17 Again? Fools Rush In?

Matthew the bloated addict is projecting. He'd give what's left of his functioning organs to take the shitty scripts Keanu rejects.

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2022 2:53 AM

I don't think Perry's comments are fueled by career jealousy. Matthew Perry would be as unhappy as he is regardless of any job he may hold.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2022 2:57 AM

Someone sounds like a very bitter and jealous man.

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2022 2:57 AM

He’s fat. Haggard. A dry drunk. And living thru his glory days. I think he should take over Muriel’s job. He’s perfect here.

by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2022 3:00 AM

He's just lucky he has Friends fuck you money, because who would hire him now?

by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2022 3:00 AM

Petty man.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2022 3:00 AM

He's never had trouble getting a job since FRIENDS.

by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2022 3:01 AM

It’s always been rather fashionable to put down keanu. Someone mentioned the Charlie Sheen interview and even Jeff Buckley couldn’t resist putting keanu down in this interview.

[quote] And as far as films – anything by Elia Kazan. I like cinematic art that is doesn’t have to include violence as the main meat of emotion. Now, excellence in cinema is based on murder, guns. Tarantino bores me. Even though he is very appealing and very facile about putting elements of pop culture into his work. But it kinds of dates it, right? I like East of Eden, Cinema Paradiso, Last Tango in Paris. It takes a real artist to do films like that and not rely on a 45 Magnum to create action. Boring. I like My Own Private Idaho. Despite Keanu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 26, 2022 3:02 AM

What jobs since Friends? Friends reunion shows don't count.

by Anonymousreply 70October 26, 2022 3:03 AM

That lousy Odd Couple show?

by Anonymousreply 71October 26, 2022 3:04 AM

He's had numerous. I don't think he covets Keanu's career. He looks down on Keanu because of his lack of talent and he's probably also jealous that Keanu is highly functioning.

by Anonymousreply 72October 26, 2022 3:04 AM

It does sound like a case of sour grapes which is weird given how much the Friends cast was paid per episode at their height. The funny thing is that he has more in common with Keanu in terms of career than he does with the actors he admires.

by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2022 3:05 AM

He had a show with Sarah Paulson. Another one with Laura Benanti. He's not Freddie Prinze Jr.

by Anonymousreply 74October 26, 2022 3:05 AM

[Quote] The funny thing is that he has more in common with Keanu in terms of career than he does with the actors he admires.

Does he? Keanu is the beautiful block of wood and his casting reflects that. Perry has never been that.

by Anonymousreply 75October 26, 2022 3:06 AM

"He looks down on Keanu because of his lack of talent."

The irony.

by Anonymousreply 76October 26, 2022 3:07 AM

R75 I mean in terms of commerce vs art.

by Anonymousreply 77October 26, 2022 3:08 AM

Because Matthew Perry is his generation’s greatest thespian? His brain is well and truly fried. At least Keanu is likable on screen.

I watched the Friends reunion last year or whenever that was and the entire cast looked embarrassed and uncomfortable whenever he would talk. If this is the kind of stuff he spews even supposedly sober then I can see why.

by Anonymousreply 78October 26, 2022 3:11 AM

Perry is an unfuckable loser.

by Anonymousreply 79October 26, 2022 3:14 AM

Keanu always tried hard he simply isn’t very good unfortunately. He has worked with great directors, he’s even done Shakespeare so it’s not for want of not trying. I don’t recollect anything regarding Perry’s film career and in Friends they all became so annoying and by season 4 just seemed to be collecting a pay check.

by Anonymousreply 80October 26, 2022 3:16 AM

He has not aged well. All I’ll say. That neck! I see it in my nightmares. No chin! That’s my horror.

by Anonymousreply 81October 26, 2022 3:18 AM

Perry has done nothing in 5 years, other than the Friends embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 82October 26, 2022 3:18 AM

Next to Sheen and Peery, Reeves is Daniel Day Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 83October 26, 2022 3:21 AM

his biggest film hit i believe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 26, 2022 3:21 AM

I've never found Lisa Kudrow annoying.

by Anonymousreply 85October 26, 2022 3:23 AM

Bitter drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 86October 26, 2022 3:24 AM

[Quote] Next to Sheen and Peery, Reeves is Daniel Day Lewis.

He really isn't. Keanu is smart enough to keep his mouth shut, unlike Sheen and Perry.

by Anonymousreply 87October 26, 2022 3:24 AM

R84- And poor Keanu only has films such as Speed and My Own Private Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2022 3:25 AM

R5 Keanu Reeves was wonderful in My Own Private Idaho, as was River Phoenix. Maybe he needed Van Sant to coax that performance out of him, but nevertheless he deserves credit for it. Both performances sang and seemed utterly natural.

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2022 3:46 AM

My mom adores Keanu, and I like his work too. He has a very courtly, old-school movie star style. Obviously, it works for him.

by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2022 3:48 AM

R89- I agree, I was being sarcastic about MP calling KR untalented.

by Anonymousreply 91October 26, 2022 3:49 AM

R91 And the beauty of Keanu and River in that movie is just unparalleled, to my mind. I don't know what matched it--maybe Gary Cooper in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 92October 26, 2022 3:52 AM

That was a very beautiful, touching film.

by Anonymousreply 93October 26, 2022 3:57 AM

He is going to milk this Dopehead Shtick right to his last day...Getting sober isn't profound. Doing dope isn't original. What the fuck makes you think you're special?

by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2022 4:02 AM

[quote] k did as many drugs as they all did and thrived.

I instantly reached the same conclusion, r27. Phoenix and Farley are dead. Perry is nearly-dead and he's just bitter that Keanu has not suffered as conspicuously as other users. Keanu may not be an addict. He could be a bonafide chronic, recreational drug user who physically and chemically never developed a dependency on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2022 4:03 AM

Idaho is River's movie. Keanu is well cast as a shallow, climber character.

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2022 4:04 AM

Was Perry implying that Reeves is still a current user or that he had a bad habit when contemporaries were dying? There's that envy, but what's it about-- that Reeves managed to kick his habit or that he managed such a great career despite using? Or both...

by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2022 4:04 AM

I'd say more the latter. Addicts remain in recovery.

by Anonymousreply 98October 26, 2022 4:06 AM

The moral of the story is that dissing Keanu can be deadly. RIP, Jeff Buckley.

by Anonymousreply 99October 26, 2022 4:10 AM

True dat.

by Anonymousreply 100October 26, 2022 4:11 AM

R97- I believe it is both. He comes off as a very bitter, petty little man. I am still trying to process how this loser called KR talentless. How is it possible to be so lacking in self awareness?

by Anonymousreply 101October 26, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote]You believe his publicity. Congratulations.

Eh, Keanu was one of those celebs that had crazy tons of people come out of the woodwork to talk about how kind he is with first hand accounts on Twitter. He had a massive thread that was the opposite of the, "Ellen is horrible ... let me tell you what she did to me," thread.

Keanu doesn't have to play up anything. He has decades of stories of his kindness and none of them come from Keanu himself.

by Anonymousreply 102October 26, 2022 4:14 AM

I never got the casting of him on Friends. He was so irritating.

by Anonymousreply 103October 26, 2022 4:16 AM

R96 River won the prestigious Volpi Cup for Best Actor for MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO at the Venice Film Festival.

by Anonymousreply 104October 26, 2022 4:16 AM

[quote]Courteney Cox was the weakest link. (Hence the fat suit to make her "hilarious.)

[quote]No. Truly, Courtney was the weakest link.

For what it's worth, Cox was the only one of the FRIENDS main cast to never be Emmy-nominated.

by Anonymousreply 105October 26, 2022 4:22 AM

[Quote] Keanu doesn't have to play up anything.

No. He has others to do that for him...

Zac Efron had no bad press about his character until his ex aired him out on a podcast. The English Language media didn't touch the story. Funny that...

by Anonymousreply 106October 26, 2022 4:22 AM

I'm not following. why is Keanu even mentioned? Did Matthew Perry say something?

by Anonymousreply 107October 26, 2022 4:23 AM

Back in the 90s I used to work for a photo agency that catalog celebrity photographs. (Shot on slides, yes I'm old)

Anyway there was this one photograph of Rodney Dangerfield, Bill maher, and Matthew Perry. They were all wasted out of their mind. Matthew Perry looked the worst of all three.

by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2022 4:24 AM

[quote]What jobs since Friends? Friends reunion shows don't count.

After FRIENDS ended, Perry was Emmy-nominated twice for guesting on THE WEST WING and once for Lead Actor in a Miniseries for RON CLARK.

by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2022 4:25 AM

It must kill his soul every time he sees that face in the mirror. He was not bad looking in his youth,but that is one drooping chinless mess now. You cant tell me that doesnt effect his mental state.

by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2022 4:26 AM

I will ask again : What MOVIE roles?

by Anonymousreply 111October 26, 2022 4:28 AM

At least he's alive R110, he wasn't given much of a chance. only like 10 percent? or less? That's what I read...

by Anonymousreply 112October 26, 2022 4:28 AM

[Quote] It must kill his soul every time he sees that face in the mirror. He was not bad looking in his youth,but that is one drooping chinless mess now. You cant tell me that doesnt effect his mental state.

He was never cast for his looks. He won the lottery with FRIENDS. I think his issues are unrelated.

by Anonymousreply 113October 26, 2022 4:31 AM

That's a guy pissed that someone could handle their drugs

by Anonymousreply 114October 26, 2022 4:35 AM

R113 Craig Bierko was originally considered for 'Chandler Bing.'

Thus, the character would have definitely become the hunk of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 26, 2022 4:42 AM

I mean, would it help his obviously low self-esteem if he got a chin/neck lift or whatever would fix his chinless look and neckline? I'm sure his residuals still keep his bank acct well padded.

by Anonymousreply 116October 26, 2022 4:42 AM

Craig Bierko's career hasn't been as Hunk.

by Anonymousreply 117October 26, 2022 4:44 AM

But he could have sold it convincingly.

And he was eye-candy.

by Anonymousreply 118October 26, 2022 4:45 AM

More padded than his chin. It was incredible the goodwill and warmth that were given to him a few days ago (read the how I wrecked my colon thread) has turned to white hot hatred once he pissed on the Internet's boyfriend, Keanu.

by Anonymousreply 119October 26, 2022 4:46 AM

At R42, those Charlie Sheen quotes about Keanu Reeves are interesting. Charlie Sheen needs to remember, though, how he got his foot in the door. He and Emilio Estevez are the sons of Martin Sheen.

People always say women are catty, bitter, and jealous. It seems like Keanu Reeves is the big-titted, blonde secretary who's the highest paid employee in the office.

by Anonymousreply 120October 26, 2022 4:46 AM

Keanu got his foot in the door via connections too.

by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2022 4:47 AM

Bierko and Perry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2022 4:47 AM

R121, and didn't throw it all away on hookers and drugs.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2022 4:50 AM

The animosity directed at KR on this thread seems so deeply personal. Matthew, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2022 4:59 AM

[quote]I mean, would it help his obviously low self-esteem if he got a chin/neck lift or whatever would fix his chinless look and neckline?

As has been said, elective surgery is most likely out of the question for him.

by Anonymousreply 125October 26, 2022 5:05 AM

Fillers are an option.

by Anonymousreply 126October 26, 2022 5:08 AM

Perry looks like a Big Toe or Dilbert.

by Anonymousreply 127October 26, 2022 5:08 AM

r125 didn't see that it had already been said that it's likely not an option. Maybe I have that poster blocked...

by Anonymousreply 128October 26, 2022 5:09 AM

He can't undergo unnecessary procedures...I'm just guessing coz of his drug issues.

by Anonymousreply 129October 26, 2022 5:09 AM

Keanu has a very good rep in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 130October 26, 2022 5:10 AM

How the fuck does he even remember everything? he was wasted on drugs for so many years...

by Anonymousreply 131October 26, 2022 5:10 AM

Well that, or almost dying. He's stuck with that ugly face and body now. Matches his personality.

by Anonymousreply 132October 26, 2022 5:11 AM

Bill & Ted's, Point Break, Speed, The Matrix, John Wick, My Own Private Idaho...

vs

A shitty sitcom

by Anonymousreply 133October 26, 2022 5:12 AM

[Quote] Keanu has a very good rep in Hollywood.

Simon Halls?

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2022 5:13 AM

I remember during FRIENDS first season (1994-1995) Perry made headlines when he was caught having an affair with Julia Roberts, who at the time was the biggest female movie star and had been married to Lyle Lovett for about a year.

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2022 5:13 AM

Let's not pretend Keanu's resume isn't mostly full of genre nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 136October 26, 2022 5:13 AM

At age 53, it’s probably too late for a chin lift to boost his sagging career. He’s not going to be cast as the lead in any rom coms or as an action hero at this late stage. I don’t see him pulling off a Robert Downey Jr. style act two. Matt never married or had kids and that’s cool. But he does seem like a sad and lonely addict at times.

by Anonymousreply 137October 26, 2022 5:16 AM

Keanu never married or had kids. And he's been perceived as lonely at times.

by Anonymousreply 138October 26, 2022 5:18 AM

Marriage/Kids? The fraus have descended!

by Anonymousreply 139October 26, 2022 5:19 AM

No, but Keanu seems happy in an age appropriate relationship.

by Anonymousreply 140October 26, 2022 5:22 AM

That fat piece of shit would need to see past his gut to look down on somebody R72, especially Keanu who let's face it is ICONIC. Speed, the Matrix, John Wick, his legacy is set. matthew better hope those friends reruns last for the rest of his life because after his shitty book flops he will go back to obscurity. And will be completely forgotten once friends is off the air for good. It's what she deserves

by Anonymousreply 141October 26, 2022 5:23 AM

it's so obvious he wishes he had Keanu's career. He probably thinks he's more talented than Keanu and if shitty Keanu can achieve all that etc etc

by Anonymousreply 142October 26, 2022 5:24 AM

R136, he's done comedy, drama, action, Shakespeare. You might not like it, but he's done it

by Anonymousreply 143October 26, 2022 5:26 AM

Ruby Wax has done Shakespeare. She ain't no thespian.

by Anonymousreply 144October 26, 2022 5:29 AM

R136, I don't think anyone thinks Keanu is a great actor. He's not. But he's been in some huge films. His genre films, as you say, like Speed and Matrix were game changers.

by Anonymousreply 145October 26, 2022 5:35 AM

Indeed. But not quality. If this were really about career jealousy, Perry would have picked someone like DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 146October 26, 2022 5:36 AM

R146 but Leo idolized River.

by Anonymousreply 147October 26, 2022 5:38 AM

Yes, Titanic was the height of cinema brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 148October 26, 2022 5:39 AM

R145- Keanu hasn't said that MP had no talent. He hasn't insulted him or claimed to be more talented. KR doesn't seem to feel the need to insult others work or talent. KR isn't a bitter little bitch. Unlike MP .

by Anonymousreply 149October 26, 2022 5:39 AM

Yes, and Leo was perceived by some to have got "River's career" once he died. I think the poster upthread is correct. Perry is pissed that Reeves can do drugs and remain unbothered by press and public alike, while contributing little to the world as a performer.

by Anonymousreply 150October 26, 2022 5:40 AM

Keanu wouldn't dare talk shit about anyone's acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 151October 26, 2022 5:40 AM

R151-; Because he isn't a jealous asshole.

by Anonymousreply 152October 26, 2022 5:42 AM

[quote]Yes, and Leo was perceived by some to have got "River's career" once he died.

That tired old trope is completely false. Leo was already well on his way with This Boy's Life before River died. River would've been just a bit too old for What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Basketball Diaries and Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 153October 26, 2022 5:43 AM

[quote]Reeves can do drugs and remain unbothered by press and public alike, while contributing little to the world as a performer.

He's been in some iconic films. He's not the greatest actor, but he has a solid place in film history.

by Anonymousreply 154October 26, 2022 5:44 AM

Of course it's false. Who knows what roles Phoenix would have done... But some see DiCaprio as someone who benefitted from River's death.

by Anonymousreply 155October 26, 2022 5:45 AM

I would prefer Keanu's career to Leo's. I've definitely enjoyed his movies more, in general.

by Anonymousreply 156October 26, 2022 5:45 AM

Is Keanu still on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 157October 26, 2022 5:45 AM

I don't think Keanu's drug problems were as bad as MP's.

by Anonymousreply 158October 26, 2022 5:45 AM

oh please...who didn't do drugs in Hollywood?!

by Anonymousreply 159October 26, 2022 5:45 AM

[quote]But some see DiCaprio as someone who benefitted from River's death.

Again, River would've been too old for the 90s roles that made Leo a star, including Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2022 5:46 AM

I’m trying to picture Perry as Neo, in the black coat and sunglasses 🕶, speaking the Matrix lines and fighting Hugo Weaving. . . and it’s not possible. There’s no way Perry would have had Keanu’s career. It would be interesting to know what happened in the past for Perry to write/say such garbage.

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2022 5:48 AM

R161, MP is obviously brain damaged.

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2022 5:49 AM

You can't argue that Keanu didn't have to spend a fortune in beards like Leo. Seems exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2022 5:50 AM

Oh c'mon, they don't even have the same look. Keanu was fucking hot in Point Break. MP was never even close in looks.

by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2022 5:50 AM

Keanu had a few sci-fi roles before matrix came along...I remember watching them but I don't remember the names. He was perfect for the Matrix

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2022 5:51 AM

R164- KR is still very good looking, imo.

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2022 5:52 AM

Why is he even writing a book, when he doesn't need the money? He himself said he didn't remember entire seasons of Friends. How much else can't he remember?

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2022 5:53 AM

"If I can save at least ONE white entitled millionaire, then it will all be worth it"-------Chandler the Money Whore

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2022 5:54 AM

You can tell that Leo borrowed heavily from River, including his mannerisms. It is rather evident in the movie DOGFIGHT (below).

Incidentally, one of Leo's earliest acting gigs was the TV series PARENTHOOD based on the hit movie, which only lasted one season. He played the same part that Joaquin Phoenix had originated in the movie. David Arquette played the Keanu Reeves role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2022 5:55 AM

Does he address the gay rumors that were flying around him in the early days of Friends? Or the Matt LeBlanc gay rumors?..Or that the show considered making Chander gay? Or is this just a boring dopehead book?

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2022 5:58 AM

Do you know who else walks among us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 26, 2022 6:00 AM

I don't like most of Leo's movies especially the overrated titanic. The only ones I truly liked were the basketball diaries, Romeo and juliet and catch me if you can. And as far Keanu's film career yes he does "genre" films but so what? I'm not one of those that think you need to be a chameleon to be a great actor and it's still better than that shitty sitcom. Perry can't even take full credit for friends because he was part of an ensemble cast and wasn't the glue that held everything together.

by Anonymousreply 172October 26, 2022 6:00 AM

Keanu was a fucking beauty, Perry was nowhere close in looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 26, 2022 6:01 AM

Matthew used to like it up the pooper. When he still had one.

by Anonymousreply 174October 26, 2022 6:01 AM

Is Perry still using the shit bag?

by Anonymousreply 175October 26, 2022 6:04 AM

Keanu was in quite a few romance movies as well. Perry must have been passed over for one of the roles...how else can you explain this?

by Anonymousreply 176October 26, 2022 6:07 AM

Maybe Perry was in love with River but River was in love with Keanu....

by Anonymousreply 177October 26, 2022 6:08 AM

R172- I enjoy KR movies. That is all that matters, whether the public will want to see an actors films. I have never liked LD much either. MP was barely watchable on Friends, especially the last few years. Just like watching a cardboard cut out. You shouldn't bad mouth your betters, Matt.

by Anonymousreply 178October 26, 2022 6:08 AM

I never watched Friends. Only watched a couple of episodes and didn't think it was that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 179October 26, 2022 6:11 AM

I might be one of only five Gen Xers who's never seen a complete episode of Friends. I've only seen random clips of the show, and from what I've seen I never found it very funny.

by Anonymousreply 180October 26, 2022 6:14 AM

[quote]Craig Bierko's career hasn't been as Hunk.

Craig Bierko's career hasn't been.

by Anonymousreply 181October 26, 2022 6:14 AM

He picked on keanu because he’s an easy target compared to the guys he probably really envies.

by Anonymousreply 182October 26, 2022 6:19 AM

Anytime a person tries to elevate themselves by putting others down it only makes them look small.

by Anonymousreply 183October 26, 2022 6:21 AM

He says he punched a hole in Jen Aniston’s dressing room, not his own dressing room, when he found out River died.

I’ve never seen a full episode of Friends.

by Anonymousreply 184October 26, 2022 6:33 AM

I have understood why that show was so popular. The few episodes I watched were sleep inducing.

by Anonymousreply 185October 26, 2022 6:49 AM

^^that's why i watched it

by Anonymousreply 186October 26, 2022 7:07 AM

Incidentally, the original title for FRIENDS was INSOMNIA CAFE.

by Anonymousreply 187October 26, 2022 7:09 AM

His saggy neck makes his head look like an uncut penis.

by Anonymousreply 188October 26, 2022 7:22 AM

More proof of how insufferable River Phoenix stans are.

by Anonymousreply 189October 26, 2022 8:15 AM

I don’t get why y’all are clutching your pearls. The way you guys talk about Leo it sounds like you wish he died instead so River could take all his roles.

by Anonymousreply 190October 26, 2022 8:17 AM

R184 Friends wasn’t even on yet when River died. That makes no sense. Doesn’t he have an editor or ghost writer or both to check those things?

by Anonymousreply 191October 26, 2022 8:37 AM

I call this Attention Whore Syndrome.. Apparently rehab didn't address this ailment for Matthew.

by Anonymousreply 192October 26, 2022 8:38 AM

He's pickin' on the wrong one with Keanu, that's for damn sure. Keanu is adored by all. I think that goiter on Perry's neck must be constricting the blood flow to his brain.

by Anonymousreply 193October 26, 2022 8:42 AM

Too rich and too stupid is a dangerous combination.

by Anonymousreply 194October 26, 2022 10:25 AM

Wow, he looks awful and comes off as so unsympathetic in these excerpts from that book. For someone so fortunate, he is pretty graceless. Sometimes it’s better to simply disappear.

The marketing of this memoir is pretty grubby, placing passages that mention more famous and more admired people into human interest media. That’s pretty desperate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 26, 2022 11:10 AM

Really dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2022 2:25 PM

He looks quite queeny there.

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2022 2:48 PM

Jealousy. Keanu got to keep his foreskin and Perry lost his.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2022 2:57 PM

Matthew starred alongside River in A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon, so maybe he was jealous of Keanu's bestfriendhood with him? Maybe he believes the rumors that Keanu is the one who introduced River to hard drugs on the set of My Own Private Idaho? Maybe he's hopelessly stuck in his peak of 1996 when it was fashionable to slag Keanu's acting?

by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2022 3:46 PM

Were they best friends, though? Drug buddes is its own thing.

by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2022 3:57 PM

I’d def get it on with Keanu. Not Perry. I would watch a perry movie over a Keanu one. I wouldn’t want to watch a perry movie though.

by Anonymousreply 201October 26, 2022 4:17 PM

Keanu is a beautiful movie star, with a rep for kindness and good manners.

Matt was part of tv ensemble hit show from almost 30 years ago and wears a colostomy bag.

by Anonymousreply 202October 26, 2022 4:21 PM

[quote]It always seems to be the really talented guys who go down...“Keanu Reeves walks among us.”

Coming from the guy who made MILLIONS from a sitcom and has survived decades of alcohol and drug abuse, not to mention the perforated colon which he claims kills most people who were in his condition...

I think the majority of people would rather have trade Perry for River than Keanu for Perry.

by Anonymousreply 203October 26, 2022 4:23 PM

Is Perry known to be unkind to his fellow actors? I feel like we'd have heard from Laura Benanti already...

by Anonymousreply 204October 26, 2022 4:24 PM

And by fellow, I mean co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 205October 26, 2022 4:25 PM

The six actors made enough never to have to work again.

Aniston keeps working because she's gorgeous and a little thirsty for it.

Kudrow keeps working, but mainly as a producer, because she has more to say.

Cox is around, and with her implants, has a long life ahead of her.

Schwimmer is, thankfully, lying low. He got his lucky break, and now he's living large.

LeBlanc is doing the same as Schwimmer.

So we're left with Matthew Perry, the guy who tried harder than the others to have a film career and also failed worse than the others (even Schwimmer had a hit in that Anne Heche movie and LeBlanc got his spinoff). He's not good enough to be a lasting star, nor is he content to be silently rich. He's a bitter, bitchy middle child. And if he has to spark nonsense celebrity feuds and talk about his shittin' habits to get there, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 206October 26, 2022 4:27 PM

Keanu is too classy and he isn't gonna respond. He is too Zen for this BS.

by Anonymousreply 207October 26, 2022 4:34 PM

[Quote] because she's gorgeous

Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 208October 26, 2022 4:35 PM

LeBlanc is living larger than any of them.

by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2022 4:35 PM

[Quote] LeBlanc got his spinoff

This implies the other didn't get theirs...

by Anonymousreply 210October 26, 2022 4:36 PM

LeBlanc has been in other comedy series.

by Anonymousreply 211October 26, 2022 4:36 PM

As has Perry. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 212October 26, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote]LeBlanc is doing the same as Schwimmer.

LeBlanc had a sitcom that ran for 4 seasons. He also did Top Gear for a couple seasons.

He's not really lying low.

by Anonymousreply 213October 26, 2022 4:39 PM

LeBlanc is humble and nice but Perry is a junkie bitch. That’s my point.

by Anonymousreply 214October 26, 2022 4:39 PM

Le Blanc isn't lying low, cause he couldn't get back up.

by Anonymousreply 215October 26, 2022 4:52 PM

That makes total sense R177 it would explain the bitter tone towards someone who not only doesn't acknowledge his existence, but has very little in common to interact with.

by Anonymousreply 216October 26, 2022 5:00 PM

Who should play Perry in Feud, Chandler v Neo? No need to cast Keanu since this appears to consist of Perry scouring the obituaries every day, shaking his fist and cursing God for the injustice of each person who died while Keanu lives, while adjusting his colostomy bag. Water cooler television!

by Anonymousreply 217October 26, 2022 5:01 PM

[Quote] Who should play Perry in Feud, Chandler v Neo?

Craig Bierko?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218October 26, 2022 5:07 PM

There's something I've noticed about addicts, which is that they live in a kind of never-ending "glory days"-type nostalgia of their early drug use/abuse, before consequences began to accumulate.

Back in the 90s, and pre-Matrix, Keanu was a kind of Hollywood stoner airhead who lacked the tragic depth of River Phoenix (something similar happened in music, when people lamented that Beck lived but Kurt died, etc). Obviously, Keanu's career took off in a different way and he's aged into a new kind of cultural relevance that probably would've come as a surprise to observers of his early career.

I wonder if a huge part of Matthew Perry's brain is just stuck in that weird 90s nostalgia groove where he remembers the way Keanu was from the time when he/Matthew was not so damaged.

by Anonymousreply 219October 26, 2022 5:11 PM

I think we've all gone from feeling concerned and sorry, and sympathetic to Matthew Perry - to being downright sick of him. This book should not have been published. He comes across as a selfish, jealous ass. He would never had Keanu's career- didn't have his looks. And, Keanu worked hard for what he has and sorry if he dabbled in drugs and didn't get to "HOT MESS FOR YEARS" stages like MP. He knew which way was up, and it must gall MP that Keanu, who people like to say isn't as smart, has made way more of his chances and his talent than MP.

Matthew Perry, sit down! Be grateful for the fans you had - hope that you still have them - I was one - and leave Keanu alone. This vitroil serves no one, especially not you, and it's a bad look.

by Anonymousreply 220October 26, 2022 5:14 PM

What makes you think Perry was less damaged in the 1990s?! Do you think the same of Charlie Sheen?!

by Anonymousreply 221October 26, 2022 5:18 PM

[Quote] sorry if he dabbled in drugs

It's fascinating the language people use to soft pedal the behavior of their faves...

by Anonymousreply 222October 26, 2022 5:18 PM

His smirk in OP's photo is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 223October 26, 2022 5:24 PM

Matthew Perry, Valerie Bertinelli made out while Eddie Van Halen was passed out

by Anonymousreply 224October 26, 2022 5:24 PM

Does the moon respond to a barking dog?

Reeves won’t respond, publicly or privately.

What everybody has already posted.

Perry seems to be an addict still suffering. That’s not worthy of my ridicule. It’s worthy of my pity.

by Anonymousreply 225October 26, 2022 5:33 PM

R219- I believe you are right. I remember reading that addicts stop maturing at the age they begin abusing drugs/alcohol, or as you said, frozen.

by Anonymousreply 226October 26, 2022 5:40 PM

I wonder if Perry dared to go after others in the book or only KR because he knew he wouldn't say anything in response. If Perry's filled with envy about Reeves, surely there ar scores he resents more out there.

by Anonymousreply 227October 26, 2022 5:44 PM

Keanu playing Diane Keaton's boyfriend -- his best acting job or he actually wanted to fuck Diane Keaton?

by Anonymousreply 228October 26, 2022 5:44 PM

[Quote] If Perry's filled with envy about Reeves, surely there ar scores he resents more out there.

Is there an actor with Reeves' talent level who is more successful?

by Anonymousreply 229October 26, 2022 5:48 PM

[quote] I am still trying to process how this loser called KR talentless. How is it possible to be so lacking in self awareness?

We could ask you the same question.

Keanu is a bad actor. He may be a nice person, but he cannot act. You should watch Bram Stoker’s Dracula and compare his performance to Gary Oldman’s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 26, 2022 5:50 PM

I actually think more highly of Charlie Sheen than Perry now. Not that what I think matters….

by Anonymousreply 231October 26, 2022 5:50 PM

It's not controversial to suggest Keanu Reeves is a bad actor. Perry has not started something, in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 232October 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Keanu is decent in the right role.

Saw him in an indie with Tilda Swinton. He played at new age dentist. He was good. Funny……oh yeah it was called Thumbsucker.

Keanu is like Brad Pitt? Likable, bankable beauty who can be good or awful.

by Anonymousreply 233October 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Nah. Pitt can give weight. And he can be more heavily comic than Reeves can manage.

by Anonymousreply 234October 26, 2022 5:55 PM

[QUOTE]It's not controversial to suggest Keanu Reeves is a bad actor.

No, but it is controversial to suggest he's less worthy of roaming the earth than the others.

by Anonymousreply 235October 26, 2022 5:58 PM

Give me Mark Rylance in “Wolf Hall” if I’m in the mood to be entertained by a talented actor.

Give me Keanu Reeves if I’ in the mood to be entertained by a movie star.

Reeves has that undefinable “it” factor that draws your eye when he’s on a big screen. I’m convinced you have to born with it and not even a lick of talent is necessary.

Perry has neither. I’d suggest that he work on acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 236October 26, 2022 5:59 PM

River Phoenix had the It factor. Reeves was just comely and he speaks softly.

by Anonymousreply 237October 26, 2022 6:02 PM

Keanu Reeves has done Shakespeare

by Anonymousreply 238October 26, 2022 6:03 PM

Perry was once just ok as AWG on a dumb show that was very popular.

Matt stay in your rich,retired junkie lane.

by Anonymousreply 239October 26, 2022 6:03 PM

This thread belongs in “It’s a 90s thing, you wouldn’t understand “ thread.

by Anonymousreply 240October 26, 2022 6:04 PM

Keanu is talented, no one is saying he's the world's best actor. You can be taught to improve, you can't be taught the "it" factor. The camera either loves you, or it doesn't- as do audiences.

by Anonymousreply 241October 26, 2022 6:05 PM

Perry isn't retired. He even does plays. I think he did one with Harry Potter. They promoted it on Graham Norton.

by Anonymousreply 242October 26, 2022 6:05 PM

[Quote] Keanu is talented

How does it manifest? He smiles and you smile? He looks bashful and you mirror that too?

by Anonymousreply 243October 26, 2022 6:05 PM

[Quote] You can be taught to improve

And yet Reeves has never improved.

by Anonymousreply 244October 26, 2022 6:06 PM

Exactly R235, the people in here talking about Keanu's acting are missing the bigger picture. Perry wondered aloud why river Phoenix is dead while Keanu is not. That's a HORRIBLE thing to say about somebody. He wasn't critiquing the guys acting he actually wished him dead. That is egregious and has deeper issues than possibly competing for roles in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 245October 26, 2022 6:06 PM

R232- It's not controversial to suggest Keanu Reeves is a bad actor. Perry has not started something, in that respect "

It is when the person suggesting it is absolutely no better.

by Anonymousreply 246October 26, 2022 6:06 PM

That's silly. Perry was effective in his niche. I expect what really gets him is that Perry wants the effort to show as a performer. And Reeves is low energy. A crime to Perry, probably.

by Anonymousreply 247October 26, 2022 6:07 PM

AGAIN Keanu Reeves has done Shakespeare

by Anonymousreply 248October 26, 2022 6:09 PM

[Quote] That's a HORRIBLE thing to say about somebody.

But it may speak to something Perry knows about Reeves that we don't. If Perry had cited Johnny Depp, people here would be less outraged. There'd still be Depp defenders but Depp's dark side is known. Reeves, like Efron, has mostly ridden "Inoffensive, mild-mannered" to million$.

by Anonymousreply 249October 26, 2022 6:09 PM

Perry was WAY above average before he blew his colon and mind.

by Anonymousreply 250October 26, 2022 6:11 PM

In looks or talent?

by Anonymousreply 251October 26, 2022 6:12 PM

Perry doesn't know shit about Keanu R249. Where are the pictures of them hanging out? By most accounts the only thing they had in common was river, and it's still the lowest of the low for a drug addiction to suggest somebody else should be dead when by his own admission Perry has cheated death many times. It makes people lack sympathy for his situation.

by Anonymousreply 252October 26, 2022 6:13 PM

Meh, I've seen guys with his looks and personality working at a Verizon store. Perry got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 253October 26, 2022 6:13 PM

That should read drug ADDICT for R252 I hate spellchecker

by Anonymousreply 254October 26, 2022 6:15 PM

R247- Wasting your life and career indulging in drug and alcohol abuse is also a crime to many people, especially when you have unlimited resources to get the very best help available.

by Anonymousreply 255October 26, 2022 6:20 PM

But what if Reeves is a high functioning addict? Is being an addict still bad in that case...?

by Anonymousreply 256October 26, 2022 6:36 PM

This book is really his complete undoing. Such a disaster he’s revealed himself to be. He’ll be dead within two years of overdose. Bet.

by Anonymousreply 257October 26, 2022 6:38 PM

This isn't about who's the better actor. It's about Matt Perry not once but twice writing that he wishes Keanu Reeves were dead. With no context at all other than "better people died but he's still alive and that pisses me off."

If he has any valid reason for feeling that way he should have told us what it was. Otherwise, no sane person publishes a book in which they wish somebody dead. TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 258October 26, 2022 6:39 PM

Oh, please. His addiction is his undoing. Not some little book.

by Anonymousreply 259October 26, 2022 6:40 PM

Maybe Perry was threatened with a lawsuit before publication.

by Anonymousreply 260October 26, 2022 6:41 PM

Keanu has appeared in numerous movies that have made millions of dollars and still looks good for his age. Perry is a bloated, ugly, addicted mess whose only claim to fame is being part of a mediocre sit com.

by Anonymousreply 261October 26, 2022 6:44 PM

Perry claims *he* "broke up" with Julia Roberts after 2 months. Yet admits that he sent her 3 dozen roses and sent her "daily faxes" for 3 months during the "courtship" period.

I'm guessing Julia Roberts has a way different story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 26, 2022 6:45 PM

[quote] AGAIN Keanu Reeves has done Shakespeare

So what? He sucked, too.

by Anonymousreply 263October 26, 2022 6:51 PM

Keanu was amazing in The River's Edge. I went to high school with 20 guys like him. He sucked in Dracula, but was great again Always be My Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 264October 26, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote] Keanu has appeared in numerous movies that have made millions of dollars

That’s billions R261. Not millions. Billions.

by Anonymousreply 265October 26, 2022 7:01 PM

[Quote] Keanu has appeared in numerous movies that have made millions of dollars and still looks good for his age. Perry is a bloated, ugly, addicted mess whose only claim to fame is being part of a mediocre sit com.

But Friends has made many millions of dollars. As has the cast. And how many of Keanu's projects aren't even medicore, e.g. the latest Matrix sequel (Was it the tenth?)?

by Anonymousreply 266October 26, 2022 7:04 PM

Speaking of, pretty sure this Deux Moi blind is supposed to be Perry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 26, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote]Perry was WAY above average before he blew his colon and mind.

No he wasn't. He was a nice-looking guy, but nowhere near 'WAY above average.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 26, 2022 7:14 PM

No but seriously, I wonder why Matt Perry walks the earth?

I’m glad Keanu Reeves still walks the earth. He is the nicest celebrity I’ve ever met and I’ve enjoyed lots of his movies. Even when he’s bad, it’s funny and he is so damn gorgeous.

Friends is so shitty. NYC living for people who have never been to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 269October 26, 2022 7:15 PM

Keanu and River were very good friends.

by Anonymousreply 270October 26, 2022 7:16 PM

I think they mean Perry's comedy chops.

by Anonymousreply 271October 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Whereas Keanu Reeves' projects have a high degree of versimillitude.

by Anonymousreply 272October 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Keanu in drag was prettier than a lot of actual women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 26, 2022 7:18 PM

He can be the Nick Arnstein to Beanie's Fannie Brice!

by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2022 7:25 PM

Not really. Too male.

by Anonymousreply 275October 26, 2022 7:25 PM

You don't have to act if you looked like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276October 26, 2022 7:45 PM

Keanu was unbelievably hot in Point Break.

by Anonymousreply 277October 26, 2022 7:59 PM

I tol’ you he was an ass hoal!

by Anonymousreply 278October 26, 2022 8:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 26, 2022 8:07 PM

R120, R121 Matthew got his foot in the door because his father is actor John Bennett Perry.

Here is John guesting on “Friends”. He was a handsome man that aged well. He was 57 here. Matthew is currently 53 and did not age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 26, 2022 8:26 PM

Can't believe people are arguing over who's more than talented when perry actually wished death on this man. I don't care how talented(I personally don't think he is) at best you're just inviting bad karma for wishing death on another human being, but at worst exposed yourself publicly as a shitty excuse(emphasis on Shitty)for a human being and worse than the subject you're trying to degrade. An amazing lack of self awareness from perry especially looking up from the bottom which is where he is.

by Anonymousreply 281October 26, 2022 8:33 PM

If Perry was at the top, would it be better? Keanu will live. Perry may live. Untwist your panties.

by Anonymousreply 282October 26, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]What the hell is wrong with Matthew Perry?

For one thing, in the photo at OP he looks like a thumb dressed in a jacket and tie.

by Anonymousreply 283October 26, 2022 8:40 PM

I don't panties eldergay R282 People from the top don't need to resort to such attention seeking antics to sell a memoir which ironically won't even be remembered after this fiasco dies down. I personally don't think perry has much time left.

by Anonymousreply 284October 26, 2022 8:40 PM

Not sure if there is a term for a junkie who quit but didn’t do the psychological/spiritual work, but in AA Perry would be called a dry drunk.. That said, a sober asshole is slightly better than a stoned one.

by Anonymousreply 285October 26, 2022 8:47 PM

[Quote] I don't panties eldergay

ESL?

by Anonymousreply 286October 26, 2022 8:55 PM

a chin implant would do wonders for Perry's looks and it's a simple procedure.

by Anonymousreply 287October 26, 2022 9:14 PM

Typo you bigot R286

by Anonymousreply 288October 26, 2022 9:15 PM

Keanu isn't a great actor, the only reason why John Wick movies are successful is because there is limited acting, all just shooting and violence, not much acting involved.

by Anonymousreply 289October 26, 2022 9:15 PM

Beanie would look better than him if she were a drugged out dude and as old as he is.

by Anonymousreply 290October 26, 2022 9:15 PM

He wasn't that great in Devil's advocate either.

by Anonymousreply 291October 26, 2022 9:16 PM

[Quote] a chin implant would do wonders for Perry's looks and it's a simple procedure.

He'd need them to construct a jawline too.

by Anonymousreply 292October 26, 2022 9:19 PM

The only thing I've seen matthew perry in other the clips of friends on YouTube is the movie "fool rush in" and Salma Hayek completely ecli eclipsed him. It was HER movie.

by Anonymousreply 293October 26, 2022 9:21 PM

KR is certainly an attractive man, R273, but he certainly doesn't look better (in drag) than a woman.

by Anonymousreply 294October 26, 2022 9:22 PM

Agreed. Keanu in drag looks like a man in drag. (Surprise, surprise.)

by Anonymousreply 295October 26, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote]at best you're just inviting bad karma for wishing death on another human being,

You must be new here. Welcome to our first time DL visitor.

Come for the snark. Stay for the bitchiness.

by Anonymousreply 296October 26, 2022 10:07 PM

Die in a grease fire!

by Anonymousreply 297October 26, 2022 10:12 PM

We haven't had a good old-fashioned grease fire here at DL in far too long, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 298October 26, 2022 10:23 PM

R137, the idea of a RDJ comeback for Matthew Perry would only be possible if Perry was, you know, talented, attractive, likeable and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 299October 26, 2022 11:10 PM

And had an asshole, instead of being one.

by Anonymousreply 300October 26, 2022 11:42 PM

I did not like Heath Ledger in his role as “Joker”.

by Anonymousreply 301October 27, 2022 12:53 AM

I like Keanu too, but this thread seems to be full of shills. Everyone on DL over the years has said something along the lines of these comments - Keanu really can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 302October 27, 2022 12:55 AM

You think Keanu needs shills on DL?

by Anonymousreply 303October 27, 2022 12:57 AM

I was lucky enough to attend the premiere of Point Break at old AVCO in Westwood. That night Swayze and Keanu literally shone.

by Anonymousreply 304October 27, 2022 1:02 AM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 27, 2022 1:03 AM

We think plenty of guys are hot. We don't claim they can act because of it.

by Anonymousreply 306October 27, 2022 1:03 AM

Matthew has Mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 307October 27, 2022 1:10 AM

Well, someone needs to ask Linda what's goin' on...

by Anonymousreply 308October 27, 2022 1:11 AM

He can act well enough. Highly underrated.

by Anonymousreply 309October 27, 2022 1:13 AM

Maybe his acting has gotten better. but it was pretty bad in the early years.

by Anonymousreply 310October 27, 2022 1:14 AM

Sure jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311October 27, 2022 1:17 AM

I think if the excerpts from the book had been about Reeves being a bad actor, no one would blink at them. But "he should have died instead of ___!" is a pretty awful thing to say about practically anyone, and directed at someone who has a decades-old reputation for kindness and generosity is extremely telling.

Hope you enjoy your table for two with Unknown Hinson out in the alley behind the restaurants, Perry!

by Anonymousreply 312October 27, 2022 1:20 AM

I loved Perry and Keanu in "A Night In The Ass of Jimmy Fallon."

by Anonymousreply 313October 27, 2022 1:51 AM

[Quote] I think if the excerpts from the book had been about Reeves being a bad actor, no one would blink at them.

I don't think that's quite true. Reeves is beloved, perhaps because he's such a blank slate.

by Anonymousreply 314October 27, 2022 1:53 AM

He is now forced to walk it back. Lol. Im guessing he has been living under a rock all these years due to his medical, psychiatric and addiction issues and had no idea that Keanu had a career and internet renaissance. Probably has no idea who the president is and that there is a war in ukraine.

It was fashionable to shit on keanu in the 90s: bad actor, whoa dude mannerisms in every role yet somehow worked in prestige movies with prestige directors and got paid a lot. While Stoned and drugged out of his mind and rumored to have done the casting couch. That is enough to make any middling actor think that the world aint fair and there is no god. And now, even worse, he has been anointed the Blessed St. Keanu of the Internet, who can do no wrong, and the internet mob will go after Perry forever. Perry is not coming back from this.

by Anonymousreply 315October 27, 2022 2:11 AM

Alternately: He decided to be "controversial" to garner some headlines.

by Anonymousreply 316October 27, 2022 2:13 AM

🐷🐷🐷🐷

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317October 27, 2022 2:19 AM

Well, he doesn’t deserve to come back after displaying his sour, asshole self for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 318October 27, 2022 2:31 AM

It’s not an uncommon sentiment to have. A well-known widow of a famous man once said that at his funeral she was full of resentment towards everyone present there for being alive while her husband was dead. I guess the difference is she kept that to herself at the time.

by Anonymousreply 319October 27, 2022 2:33 AM

Sure if River Phoenix and Heath Ledger were Matthew’s husband. But he is nobody to them, at the most, River’s forgotten extra in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 320October 27, 2022 4:21 AM

Maybe MP will get casted on Dancing with Star, if he can dance without colon.

by Anonymousreply 321October 27, 2022 4:56 AM

Matthew is done. Whatever he was trying to accomplish by this book- no one will buy it.

by Anonymousreply 322October 27, 2022 5:18 AM

I saw the promo for Diana Sawyer interview with him...has it aired yet? I think it was tonight or tomorrow. Haven't seen Diane in a long time!

by Anonymousreply 323October 27, 2022 5:55 AM

Diane always interviews the druggies.

by Anonymousreply 324October 27, 2022 6:02 AM

"casted"

by Anonymousreply 325October 27, 2022 6:07 AM

Very stupid and insensitive thing for Matt to say.

On a different note, this thread is making me wistful for the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 326October 27, 2022 6:10 AM

If that was really his walk back at r311, wow. He's pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 327October 27, 2022 6:24 AM

Just goes to show all the career success and money in the world won’t make you feel any less hard done by. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 328October 27, 2022 6:51 AM

Matthew can donate some of his salary to me, a person with an autoimmune disorder who can't work, and I would be perfectly content with anything he could give. Maybe then he would feel better about his life. I certainly would. He's really messed with my image of him and kind of ruined a part of the 90s for me.

by Anonymousreply 329October 27, 2022 6:59 AM

He’s smart, Keanu’s dumb. He’s fugly, Keanu’s pretty. He’s talented, Keanu’s not.

I can see why he’s bitter, but he needs to let it go, and enjoy his vast wealth.

by Anonymousreply 330October 27, 2022 7:14 AM

Do we actually have proof that Keanu is "dumb?" He's made a number of very smart choices in his career, and it's paid off vastly.

by Anonymousreply 331October 27, 2022 7:18 AM

I haven't gotten the impression that he's dumb, although he was typecast playing characters who were early on. His acting ability is dubious, sure, but he makes up for it in likeability, which tends to be one of the keys for a successful movie career.

by Anonymousreply 332October 27, 2022 8:46 AM

Matthew Perry saying “Heath and River were great thinkers”. Junkies will junky! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 333October 27, 2022 9:44 AM

[quote]It was fashionable to shit on keanu in the 90s:

I used to love it when the hot/adorable Andrew Bowen spoofed him several times on MADtv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 27, 2022 9:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 27, 2022 9:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 27, 2022 9:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337October 27, 2022 9:59 AM

Well, the twitterati have gone spastic at Perry. He's trending on twatter right now. Even Blacks are defending Reeves as an "unproblematic white male" which I found amusing as KR has always looked slightly ethnic to me.

by Anonymousreply 338October 27, 2022 2:15 PM

KR is part Asian.

by Anonymousreply 339October 27, 2022 2:23 PM

Keanu part Asian, on his dad's side. His dad is half asian

by Anonymousreply 340October 27, 2022 2:23 PM

Has anyone started a 2023 celebrity Deadpool list yet? I’d like to add Perry.

by Anonymousreply 341October 27, 2022 2:28 PM

Grayson Perry?

by Anonymousreply 342October 27, 2022 2:29 PM

Keanu created a lovable persona and a multi million dollar career that has lasted 35+ years. And Matthew Perry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343October 27, 2022 4:01 PM

Keanu cant be that dumb. Even he knew Speed 2 was going to be a turd.

by Anonymousreply 344October 27, 2022 4:16 PM

I met Keanu in 2009 and we spoke for 10 minutes. He was gorgeous, and witty. He seemed very bright, not dumb at all.

I used to make fun of ‘dumb Keanu’- especially regarding his role in Little Buddha.

But after chatting with him- I was/am an unattractive nobody- I was smitten. He was nice and thoughtful and funny with me for no reason.

Couldn’t see that happening with Matty Shitbag.

by Anonymousreply 345October 27, 2022 4:44 PM

Im really interested in how St. Keanu internet boyfriend happened I think it probably started out organically, but his PR just ran away with it now. It seems everybody’s grandmother has spoken to Keanu and been blessed by his kindness.

Sorry Matthew Perry, nobody wants to talk about you in your thread.

by Anonymousreply 346October 27, 2022 5:16 PM

Why try to be a good actor when you can become a saint?

by Anonymousreply 347October 27, 2022 5:20 PM

I agree completely.

by Anonymousreply 348October 27, 2022 5:26 PM

Why not both?

by Anonymousreply 349October 27, 2022 6:18 PM

Why try to become a good rabbi when you can become God?

by Anonymousreply 350October 27, 2022 7:03 PM

This was probably mentioned upthread, but MP said the same thing when he heard about Chris Farley’s death. WTD does he have against Keanu?!

by Anonymousreply 351October 27, 2022 7:18 PM

After listening to parts of the interview with fellow alcoholic Diane Sawyer, I'm convinced Perry wrote the book because he knows he's dying, and won't be around in another year or so. His body is far too damaged from all the drugs, alcohol...

by Anonymousreply 352October 27, 2022 7:20 PM

WTF^

by Anonymousreply 353October 27, 2022 7:22 PM

Keanu is a bottom, right?

by Anonymousreply 354October 27, 2022 7:37 PM

At least Johnny Depp was actually once a good actor who made good movies.

by Anonymousreply 355October 27, 2022 7:43 PM

R353, duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 27, 2022 7:46 PM

Is he the one who played Carol's boyfriend who died from drinking and driving on Growing Pains?

by Anonymousreply 357October 27, 2022 7:52 PM

So Keanu is dumb according to you R330, but bloated, pill popping, no colon having, no future career prospects, needle dick matthew perry is the smart one of the two? Give me the number of your drug dealer because he's selling you some good shit!

by Anonymousreply 358October 27, 2022 8:06 PM

A celebrity was charming to their public? Oh WOW!

by Anonymousreply 359October 27, 2022 10:52 PM

he sounds very weird in the interview. his voice. what's wrong with him?

by Anonymousreply 360October 27, 2022 10:58 PM

There's a rumor going around that he's had a stroke r360. I don't know if that's true or not and I can't recall where I heard it.

by Anonymousreply 361October 27, 2022 11:22 PM

R359 Celebrities can be big fat assholes. I’ve met plenty. I’m a nobody. A waiter. Not hot. But Keanu was kind and interesting. And beautiful. Yes it was an OH WOW moment.

You sound bitter. You prefer shitbag wearing shit talking Matthew from Friends!

by Anonymousreply 362October 28, 2022 12:36 AM

Praise The Lord

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 28, 2022 12:56 AM

His half-assed apology is here:

[quote]In a statement shared to media outlets including People, Perry said, “I’m actually a big fan of Keanu. I just chose a random name, my mistake. I apologize. I should have used my own name instead.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364October 28, 2022 1:13 AM

I just chose a random name . . . TWICE! Whatever, dude.

by Anonymousreply 365October 28, 2022 1:52 AM

I cannot wait for Matthew Perry to stumble off the wagon again. He cannot stay sober for any extended period of time. 18 months of sobriety?...yawn...This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 366October 28, 2022 2:07 AM

He's an entry on my Death pool list.

by Anonymousreply 367October 28, 2022 2:09 AM

What a colostomy bag of an apology.

by Anonymousreply 368October 28, 2022 2:41 AM

Some few people are just naturally kind. Nobody has anything bad to say about Olivia Newton-John either, even before she died.

by Anonymousreply 369October 28, 2022 3:38 AM

Olivia Newton-John was one of the loveliest people ever, a total sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 370October 28, 2022 3:49 AM

I don't believe a total sweetheart would raise a Chloe.

by Anonymousreply 371October 28, 2022 3:50 AM

Crack is whack.

Matt is fatt.

Perry is scary.

"Friends" offends.

by Anonymousreply 372October 28, 2022 3:52 AM

Does Matt have any brothers or sisters? I am just curious about who in going to inherit his money.

by Anonymousreply 373October 28, 2022 4:30 AM

Doesn't he have a bunch of younger half-siblings on his Mom's side? They should be adults now.

Don't know if his Dad had any more kids. On a side note, his Dad was a snack when young.

by Anonymousreply 374October 28, 2022 4:46 AM

Link of Dad, r374?

by Anonymousreply 375October 28, 2022 4:49 AM

His daddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 28, 2022 5:03 AM

His dad still looked good on Friends. He had the jawline that Matthew lacks.

by Anonymousreply 377October 28, 2022 5:05 AM

Matthew Perry has one half-sister from his father and four half-siblings from his mother. His stepfather is Dateline's Keith Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 378October 28, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote] he sounds very weird in the interview. his voice. what's wrong with him?

When you almost die you don’t always get brought back to perfect health.

by Anonymousreply 379October 28, 2022 5:09 AM

Daddy was a beauty

by Anonymousreply 380October 28, 2022 5:12 AM

It's kind of funny when a parent is more attractive than their child. I've seen pictures of Rob Lowe's father as a young man and believe it or not he was even more of a beauty than Rob was.

by Anonymousreply 381October 28, 2022 5:15 AM

Like Chandler Bing (who was actually my favorite character on Friends), MP has always seemed like someone who thinks they’re waaaaay funnier than they are.

He should’ve sought to settle a score with an actor he’s had a bad experience with instead of targeting “the Internet’s Boyfriend.”

by Anonymousreply 382October 28, 2022 5:19 AM

Martin Sheen in Badlands was more handsome than his famous offspring.

by Anonymousreply 383October 28, 2022 5:19 AM

[quote] instead of targeting “the Internet’s Boyfriend.

Who is, Keanu? I didn’t consent to this. #metoo

by Anonymousreply 384October 28, 2022 5:22 AM

How do we know he didn't have a bad experience with Keanu?

by Anonymousreply 385October 28, 2022 5:23 AM

Who has had a bad experience with Keanu? I've never seen or heard a thing.

by Anonymousreply 386October 28, 2022 5:34 AM

Perry's father, yeah hot way back in the day, but has he ever tried to help his son, or is he just waiting for a windfall too?

by Anonymousreply 387October 28, 2022 6:43 AM

[quote]Who has had a bad experience with Keanu? I've never seen or heard a thing.

I had a very bad experience, but not with Keanu.

by Anonymousreply 388October 28, 2022 6:44 AM

R363 not the only bad actor to have achieved sainthood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 28, 2022 8:07 AM

It’s surprising how recently Perry dated Lizzy Caplan, who’s way too hot for him.

by Anonymousreply 390October 28, 2022 8:29 AM

Chandler was really gorgeous in season 10.

by Anonymousreply 391October 28, 2022 3:36 PM

You can't blame any of his friends or family. If the cunt doesn't think he has a problem, nobody can help him. The addict gotta admit he's got a problem and WANTS to be helped.

by Anonymousreply 392October 28, 2022 4:31 PM

He’s now saying he picked his name randomly and apologized.

Of course this is bullshit bc he’s said it more than once through the years.

by Anonymousreply 393October 28, 2022 5:24 PM

remember he was outed for asking some whore to buy drugs for him? she posted the text message online. that wasn't so long ago, maybe a year?

by Anonymousreply 394October 28, 2022 5:50 PM

Back in the 90s I was a fan of Perry's and thought Keanu was a joke. My, how times have changed.

by Anonymousreply 395October 28, 2022 5:53 PM

He must be jealous because Keanu is so effortlessly hot and cool. What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 396October 28, 2022 5:59 PM

I’m sure Beanie would never speak of Matthew in such profane terms!

by Anonymousreply 397October 28, 2022 7:52 PM

[Quote] Back in the 90s I was a fan of Perry's and thought Keanu was a joke. My, how times have changed.

What has Keanu done to changer your mind?

by Anonymousreply 398October 28, 2022 8:03 PM

I’m not a fan of either. Keanu however seems like a nice guy and nobody seems to have anything bad to say about him until now. It’s like someone randomly going after Sandra bullock. We know they aren’t the greatest or most interesting actors, but they radiate a niceness.

by Anonymousreply 399October 29, 2022 6:43 AM

r399 A lot of people hate Sandra Bullock

by Anonymousreply 400October 29, 2022 7:16 AM

What's there to talk despite what the promo already tells us.

I rarely watched the show, and this guy isn't really very interesting.

What happened to him is hardly unique and he never was a particularly big whatever

by Anonymousreply 401October 29, 2022 7:21 AM

Sandra Bullock, whose husband enjoys Nazi paraphernalia?

by Anonymousreply 402October 29, 2022 2:58 PM

My sister's 85 year old father-in-law looks far better than this 53 year old douche.

The interview with Diane Sawyer with anything but compelling, a real snoozefest.

It's really hard to muster up sympathy for a alky/junkie who has a net worth of 80 million.

by Anonymousreply 403October 29, 2022 3:05 PM

And yet if Keanu overdoses on Fentanyl, you'll boo hoo over it...

by Anonymousreply 404October 29, 2022 3:07 PM

Perry is fat, rich, ugly and bitter. I have two words for DL:

GET HER!

by Anonymousreply 405October 29, 2022 3:36 PM

Ok but now I feel a smidge sorry for Perry after seeing a Diane Sawyer clip. He’s a mess.

Diane creeps me tf out.

by Anonymousreply 406October 29, 2022 4:41 PM

Matthew may finally has the face, and the colon, he deserves.

He may have ruined his colon, but he still has that pained constipated expression.

by Anonymousreply 407October 29, 2022 4:45 PM

Thanks to the NY Post who has released a story from Matthew's bio every day this week...

I can't imagine there's anyone left who actually wants to buy his shitty book filled with shitty stories

by Anonymousreply 408October 29, 2022 4:48 PM

R401 Wow what kind of shit rural MAGAt opiate-infested hellhole do you live in that what happened to Matthew Perry is 'normal'?

by Anonymousreply 409October 29, 2022 4:49 PM

Whose Matthew Perry?

by Anonymousreply 410October 30, 2022 2:23 AM

Perry's a jealous bitch. And what did he ever do except appear in a TV series?

by Anonymousreply 411October 30, 2022 2:26 AM

Frankly Im astonished hes been given any attention at all. Nobody cares about this grotesque creature anymore,if they ever did.

by Anonymousreply 412October 30, 2022 2:26 AM

His front teeth fell out when he was eating peanut butter on toast!

by Anonymousreply 413October 31, 2022 5:40 AM

He will continue to move from expensive house to condo, until he's found dead.

by Anonymousreply 414October 31, 2022 8:25 AM

Is it possible that Matthew is friends with Keanu, and he said that as a joke? If so, it would be kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 415October 31, 2022 3:39 PM

It would be an odd joke to make as it involved the overdose death of a mutual friend.

by Anonymousreply 416October 31, 2022 3:41 PM

On GMA this AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417October 31, 2022 3:44 PM

I don't know wtf is wrong with Matthew Perry, but I laugh every time I scroll past the picture in the OP. Could he LOOK any more bizarre??

by Anonymousreply 418October 31, 2022 5:27 PM

Wow, a guy whose face is melting into his neck and is a self-proclaimed drug addict is casting aspersions on Canoe Reeves of all people!

Never watched "Friends", and I'm pretty pleased about that. Is this guy a good actor? I can't seem to recall anything of note that featured him.

by Anonymousreply 419October 31, 2022 6:18 PM

I never miss Canoe Reeves' show on the Travel Channel.

by Anonymousreply 420October 31, 2022 6:41 PM

I love Kenanoo Reives.

by Anonymousreply 421November 2, 2022 4:09 AM

Did Canoe Reeves ever work with Anne He He?

by Anonymousreply 422November 2, 2022 10:22 AM

'The comments came out of left field!' Keanu Reeves 'reacts to THAT Matthew Perry jibe' - after Friends star questioned why Speed actor 'still walks among us'

Keanu Reeves has 'responded' after Matthew Perry questioned why the actor 'still walks among us' in his new autobiography, reports US Magazine.

Friends star Perry, 53, caused a social media storm after he wrote in his memoir, Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing, 'Why is it that the original thinkers like River Phoenix and Heath Ledger die, but Keanu Reeves still walks among us?'

A source close to Reeves, 58 - who is known as the 'internet's boyfriend' due to his caring nature and numerous good deeds - told the publication: 'Keanu thought the comments came out of left field.

'It’s kind of backfired on Matthew anyway, which is why he had to apologize.'

After the revelation, the Friends actor released a statement clarifying his comments to People on Wednesday as he said: 'I'm actually a big fan of Keanu.

'I just chose a random name, my mistake. I apologize. I should have used my own name instead.'

In the excerpt Perry seemed to be barely able to hold back his disdain for the Matrix star — whom he doesn't appear to have ever collaborated with — while discussing their mutual friend River Phoenix, who died in 1993 of a drug overdose at only 23.

Although Reeves has called Phoenix one of his 'closet friends of that era,' according to the Irish Times, Perry also had a strong connection with the rising star after the future TV mainstay made his feature film debut opposite him in 1988's A Night In The Life Of Jimmy Reardon.

In his memoir, Perry describes how their time filming the movie in Chicago helped establish a strong bond, while also tagging another presumed jab at Reeves.

'River was a beautiful man inside and out and too beautiful for this world, it turned out. It always seems to be the really talented guys who go down,' he writes.

Phoenix famously died of a combined drug overdose from heroin and cocaine outside the Viper Room in West Hollywood, and Perry writes that he 'heard the screaming from my apartment; went back to bed; woke up to the news.'

He added that he broke down in sobs after learning his friend had died.

Perry's jabs and Reeves weren't limited to their mutual connection to Phoenix, though.

He also blasted the John Wick star in another aside while discussing his late friend Chris Farley, who died in 1997 at age 33 of a drug overdose from combining a stimulant (cocaine) with a depressant (morphine), a similar concoction to the speedball that killed Phoenix.

Perry and Farley had starred together in the critically reviled Christopher Guest–directed comedy Almost Heroes, which was released in the year following Farley's death.

'I punched a hole through Jennifer Aniston’s dressing room wall when I found out [about Farley's death],' he writes, adding, 'Keanu Reeves walks among us.'

Aside from his grievances about other actors, Perry delves into his extensive history with drug addiction in his memoir and in recent interviews, which may have made the deaths of Phoenix, Ledger and Farley particularly painful.

While speaking to People earlier this month, he revealed that his colon ruptured as a result of his opioid addiction when he was 49. Doctors gave him only a two percent chance of survival, and the medical emergency left him in a coma for two weeks, followed by months more in the hospital.

He required 14 surgeries to help repair all of the abdominal damage, and he admitted to having gone to rehab 15 times over the years in hopes of kicking his drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 423November 4, 2022 7:08 PM

Hey, I'm here for a drug-addled confessional that hasn't been sanitized for (y)our protection. Let him rant! If anything, Keanu has only benefited from the misguided attention.

by Anonymousreply 424November 4, 2022 7:39 PM

This is in no way a defense of Perry (who I will admit I enjoyed on friends), but I have never understood the appeal of Keanu. What is it you all see in him?

by Anonymousreply 425November 4, 2022 7:59 PM

[quote] Although Reeves has called Phoenix one of his 'closet friends of that era,' according to the Irish Times

Who were his other closet friends?

by Anonymousreply 426November 4, 2022 8:29 PM

[quotes] 'River was a beautiful man inside and out and too beautiful for this world,

Geez this is a dig at all of us who keep on living…

by Anonymousreply 427November 4, 2022 8:31 PM

What is wrong?

He's a drunk, he's a junkie, he's old, he's bitter, he has no talent, he is not Jennifer Aniston nor is he Keanu Reeves and he is just known as a non-actor from a corny sitcom that X and Millennial women worship. He wants attention and this is the only way he can get it.

by Anonymousreply 428November 4, 2022 8:33 PM

I think River would have faded away as an actor, if he didn't OD, he'd either lose out on roles due to his drug addiction and increasingly unprofessional behavior, he would commit suicide if he didn't get psychiatric help he needed or he would come to his senses, would retire early, find himself and live a life of solitude and release mediocre hippie alt-rock with his band. In any of these timelines, Keanu would still be a Hollywood star and Matthew Perry would still be a nobody who cling onto a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 429November 4, 2022 8:37 PM

These too-precious-for-this-world original thinkers should maybe have the non-original thought of saying "no" once in a while when people are offering them coke and heroin. Then they might get to deal with heart attacks or strokes in their retirement years instead of surprise exploding internal organs at a much younger age.

by Anonymousreply 430November 4, 2022 8:37 PM

R430 River wasn't an "original" thinker. He was a young guy raised in a cult that his parents indoctrinated him into. Even after they left it, River had the dogmatic black-and-white thinking of an intensely religious person. He couldn't understand nuance or moderation in anything and developed a victim complex. Martha Plimpton talked a lot about him and his stubbornness, refusal to change his beliefs and passive aggressive behavior. He would panic at the thought of even eating animals and cried when he say Martha eat a piece of fish. He could never admit to being on drugs because he was so intense about his public image and being a good role model and preaching vegetarianism, animal welfare, environmentalism and trying to stop corruption in politics. He went intense in everything as he never developed good critical thinking and it made him weak, too trusting of the wrong people and too dismissive of the right people

by Anonymousreply 431November 4, 2022 8:51 PM

Thank God Matthew didn’t take Beanie down with him.

by Anonymousreply 432November 4, 2022 8:58 PM

Keanu is a bad actor but by all accounts is a kind person.

Matthew Perry is a bad actor and by all accounts an unkind person.

Keanu wins.

by Anonymousreply 433November 4, 2022 9:47 PM

He's just being an arsehole to compensate for the one he ruined.

by Anonymousreply 434November 4, 2022 9:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!