Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, Were Barbara Stanwyck and Nancy Sinatra an Item?

Seemingly always together and they both divorced their famous husbands around the same time…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2022 1:12 PM

Frank would have liked that 😛

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2022 2:20 AM

Wasn’t Frank Sinatra homophobic though?

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2022 1:31 PM

^ That doesn't count for girl on girl action that turns straight guys on 🙄

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2022 5:43 PM

I don’t see Nancy and Barbara inciting lust in men that way…

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2022 6:07 PM

^ Frank Sinatra seemed to like it

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2022 6:09 PM

He watched Nancy and Babs get it on r5? That’s what I meant. Two pinup types like Marilyn Monroe and Ava Gardner maybe…

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2022 6:12 PM

^ Hey, he let Nancy Reagan blow him. He wasn't that picky

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2022 6:20 PM

Ewww r7, he did?

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2022 6:38 PM

Barbara was so aggressive in the sack she was known as "The Box Cutter" in elite Hollywood lesbian circles.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2022 6:48 PM

^ Yep, he even complimented her on her "talent"... "That broad could suck the chrome off a Cadillac"

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2022 6:48 PM

I knew Nancy Sr and Barbara, and I really doubt it. Of course, this was in their later years so don't know about younger.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2022 6:50 PM

Maybe they were just kindred spirits, having both been dumped by their husbands for younger, dishier women.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2022 6:52 PM

I doubt it, though Barbara Stanwyck has always pinged to me. She seems like a closeted lesbian, similar to Natasha Lyonne.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2022 6:55 PM

Barbara was linked in her early days to Crawford and Dietrich. Allegedly. Also her agent Helen Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2022 6:58 PM

[quote]Wasn’t Frank Sinatra homophobic though?

Yes, especially when he suspected Ava had a girlfriend...

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2022 6:59 PM

This was not a lesbian to be messed with...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Well, they never sucked MY cock!

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2022 7:13 PM

R15 I've long wondered if the rumors about Lana experimenting with muff were true. I sort of wouldn't be surprised—she does have a bit of a lipstick lesbian vibe about her. Her daughter, an open lesbian, also does—she's very femme. Lana clearly loved cock, but she never really had a stable relationship with a man, despite her numerous valiant attempts.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2022 7:16 PM

Lana's taste in men was for shit- one a kiddie didler, another a fraudster. That's just for starters.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2022 7:20 PM

R19 don't forget the horse-hung mobster whose aorta she severed with a kitchen knife.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2022 7:22 PM

@r17, Yeah, Tallulah, I think they did 🤔

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2022 7:22 PM

Stanwyck was a creepy right-wing Republican. She would have loved Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2022 7:36 PM

Tina Sinatra pings to me way more than her mother.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2022 7:40 PM

R2 Sinatra wasn't homophobic--he was quite open for his time. He was great friends with Noel Coward and he got a kick out of Truman Capote. Sinatra had his faults, but he did a lot to fight racism and no problem with the gays.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2022 7:40 PM

I don't like her politics but I don't think there was anything creepy about Barbara Stanwyck. She was just a fairly rigid, work hard type and probably despised anybody who wasn't. I'm not sure she would have loved a complete grifter scumbag like Trump. I suspect not.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2022 7:48 PM

Sinatra thought Ava had an affair with Lena Horne, and gave LH the cold shoulder after that.

They sang on a 1960 TV show (below), you can see how much he hates her. I figure she did the show because Kay Thompson did vocal arrangements for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2022 9:33 PM

I knew Barbara through her animator niece Kathy, who inherited most of her estate. Barbara was an old school Republican - not a crazy person.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2022 9:46 PM

Barbara was no bigot, just someone who had no help whatsoever making her mark in the world. She felt like that if she made it without handouts, it should be like that for everyone else. She didn’t have much empathy. I do have issues with that right wing group she belonged to-The Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals. Some of the members like Hedda Hopper, John Wayne, Walter Brennan and Ronald Reagan WERE bigoted and racist. But others like herself, Ayn Rand and Gary Cooper, were not. How she felt comfortable with those losers I’ll never understand.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2022 10:51 PM

"How she felt comfortable with those losers I’ll never understand."

She was plenty comfortable. I love Stanwyck as an actress, but I can't ignore her right-wing politics. She was more than happy to name names for HUAC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2022 12:45 AM

R29, Stanwyck stayed out of that. It was her dippy husband Robert Taylor who named names for HUAC.

Notice she didn’t join John Wayne and publicly support the Vietnam war or Nixon. She didn’t condemn radicals, she didn’t complain about the new “dirty” movies like Ann Miller did. Stanwyck appeared on the dais for the Urban League in 1960, she didn’t blame blacks for their fate like John Wayne. She was an endless supporter of Native American rights. Etc etc

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2022 11:57 AM

Barbara was in this movie with Clark Gable. They were filming in Indianapolis and she brought her African American maid and companion Harriet with her. When she tried to check in at the hotel the studio got for her, the concierge told her that Harriet couldn’t stay there. Barbara supposedly told him that they would stay at the best colored hotel in the city and that she’d tell the newspapers what happened. Don’t know how that ended, but she wasn’t prejudiced by the standards of that era.

by Anonymousreply 31October 25, 2022 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!