Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Camilla may not be able to wear Queen Mother’s crown at Charles’ coronation ‘because of row over controversial diamond’

India and other nations have long claimed ownership of the 105-carat Koh-i-Noor diamond, which sits in the cross at the front of the crown.

When the prospect of King Charles' coronation was discussed several years ago it is understood it was provisionally agreed Camilla would wear the stunning regalia at the ceremony.

But according to royal sources, there is "significant nervousness" over the Queen Consort being crowned with the headpiece next year because of the ongoing ownership dispute, the Mail reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 16, 2022 4:38 AM

Here is a replica of the Koh-i-Noor diamond at Prince of Wales Museum of Western India, Mumbai.

India wants the real thing back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2022 7:20 AM

"India wants the real thing back!"

Tough titty!

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2022 7:21 AM

The Koh-i-Noor from Persian for 'Mountain of Light'), also spelled Kohinoor and Koh-i-Nur, is one of the largest cut diamonds in the world, weighing 105.6 carats. It is part of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom. The diamond is currently set in the Crown of the Queen Mother.

This diamond is only featured in the queen's crown, not the king's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2022 7:23 AM

I know its a hard concept for some people to understand. But Twitter doesn't matter. Unless the actual Indian government lodges a complaint Camilla can wear whatever looted diamonds she wants without a colonialists care in the world.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2022 7:25 AM

It’s just an old rock. Give it back to ‘em, Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2022 7:25 AM

^ If it weren't for stolen loot from the colonized world Cammie would have nothing at all to wear and nobody wants to see that 😳

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2022 7:40 AM

[quote] Camilla can wear whatever looted diamonds she wants without a colonialists care in the world.

That's THIEVING colonialist!

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2022 7:40 AM

Charles doesn't think that particular diamond is a good look given the sensitivities that arise over something that Indians don't think Britain should have.

Camilla can wear it...but then be prepared to catch hell with people ranting and raving about the imperialistic Brits. It's probably best she didn't wear it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2022 7:46 AM

Rottweilers should not be wearing diamonds.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2022 7:47 AM

Give it back. And then let the next person who believes it was stolen from them to start their grievance.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2022 7:50 AM

People don't seem to grasp that without Britain, there never would have BEEN "India"... it would have been at least a dozen semi-warring nations approximately the size & population of Pakistan. Bangledesh, and Myanmar. With ~700 dialects of two dozen languages, and several orders of magnitude poorer. The British weren't saints, but India is still better-off today because of them.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2022 8:08 AM

^ I just took your car. You didn't keep it clean or change the oil. Your car is better off with me, it just would have fallen apart had I left it with you... Thanks

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2022 8:12 AM

The diamond can be removed. The consort crowns were all designed for the large central diamond to be removed and worn as a brooch. Queens Victoria, Alexandra, and Mary all wore the diamond as a brooch at least once, Queen Elizabeth (the Queen mother) never did.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2022 8:12 AM

r12, a better example would be, "you & 5 others traded a car among yourselves dozens of times, then eventually, someone in the group sold it to an outsider, and the others bitched & said they wanted it back".

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2022 8:22 AM

You Brits really choke on this concept, don't you?

What is the rule of self-determination?

It states that peoples, based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no interference.

Self-determination denotes the legal right of people to decide their own destiny in the international order. Self-determination is a core principle of international law, arising from customary international law, but also recognized as a general principle of law, and enshrined in a number of international treaties.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2022 8:30 AM

DL is constantly getting comments from people who insist that England colonizing nations was the best thing for those brown folks in the long run, and you see the same sentiment all over the internet, and it is exactly word-for-word the same argument made back in the 1800s. It's been a growing sentiment in the Meghan-hating threads and seems to have spread beyond that, now that there's a new coronation coming up. It also seems to be related to the people who say slavery was just fine, and it was all Africans' fault, anyways.

It seems like the entire world is regressing. Things are going to be real fuckin' ugly by the end of the decade if this keeps going.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2022 8:32 AM

I can't imagine Camilla giving a flying fuck.

Unlike some might, in the situation.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2022 8:33 AM

^ Your absolutely right, the woman stole the husband who made her Queen, what's a fucking diamond?

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2022 8:38 AM

Whorsemilla will make a 100 million dollar diamond look like cheap moissanite.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2022 8:41 AM

@r18 *You're*

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2022 8:45 AM

r15 And we've """self determined""" to not return anything..

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2022 8:49 AM

^ Fine when the next world empire comes along and takes all your stolen booty you'll understand. Perhaps Mr. Hitler was really looking out after your stuff and shouldn't have been interfered with

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2022 8:53 AM

Invoking Godwins law is really the realm of retards. Anyway England got conquered and looted repeatedly to the extent the harrying of the North can actually be defined as genocide. The wheel of history crushes everyone eventually

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2022 9:24 AM

I don't think it matters. There are other beautiful, queenly crowns she could wear.

I wonder what Princess Diana would be feeling right now, seeing her former husband become King with another women on the throne beside him. It could have been her. Unhappy marriages in the nobility is common, or so it seems. She might have stuck it out. If she had stayed with him, would she have been racing away from her former photog friends with her male lover in Paris. She might have been Queen Diana.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2022 10:14 AM

[quote] The British weren't saints, but India is still better-off today because of them.

😂😂😂 the brits are never not at it. How fucking stupid do you need to be?

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2022 10:36 AM

King Charles has been PC (politically correct) for a very long time. Just saying. He's not his mother.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2022 10:51 AM

It was a gift ! why shouldn't she wear it ?

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2022 11:36 AM

They're damned no matter what they do. Keep the bauble and continue to be viewed as oppressors and thieves, or return it and be portrayed as caving in. This could be the start of a long line of countries with their hands out(not that there hasn't been heretofore), rightfully or wrongly so.

No skin off my nose though. Safe bet: The diamond stays where it is. Not so safe bet: Camilla wears another crown, perhaps one that hasn't been used in decades.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2022 11:43 AM

Ewaclty, they're damned if they do and they damned if they don't. At this point they should just quit. I don't understand how Charles doesn't see that.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2022 11:46 AM

@r23, "Invoking Godwins law is really the realm of retards"

Brits are the only ones who seem upset about "Godwin's law". Maybe because the application always seems to exactly fit the situation when it comes to you Brits 🤔

Do as I say not as I do, except when Hitler did the exact same thing to us as we did to the world. Somehow that's different

Maybe India would have loved to see this scenario played out in front of Buckingham Palace? What goes around, comes around. Eh, Brits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2022 11:50 AM

Take the diamond and then take 10 million shithole curry-stinking Indians back too.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2022 11:51 AM

The British monarchy is a disgusting and corrupt institution. They need to put an end to this nonsense soon. They look ridiculous, crowning this adulterer with stolen jewels.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2022 11:53 AM

R31 demonstrates the casual racism of monarchists.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2022 11:54 AM

CONSERVATIVE ROYALISTS GET THE FUCK OFF OF DATALOUNGE.

ENOUGH!!!

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2022 11:55 AM

@r32, Exactly. Brits think America is fascinated by British Royalty. Actually we're more fascinated by the theater of the absurd you call your Monarchy. We're just are stunned at the way you protect that clown show 🤡

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2022 11:58 AM

Cut it in half.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2022 12:05 PM

I don't think they'll give it back. They'll probably switch the stone and lock the diamond up for years and years. Ive often wondered about what places like The Vatican, Museums and governments all over the world have that people don't know about. Ive wondered about the amber room that disappeared from Russia's Winter Palace during WW2. That diamond is incredible though.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2022 12:09 PM

Jesus, shut up R34.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2022 12:13 PM

@r37, I've often thought about that as well. Maybe there's some great secret museum somewhere where all the missing treasures of the world are kept only open to dictators and Monarchists who gather and admire the great works while laughing at the poor plebs who haven't a clue 😠

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2022 12:16 PM

That would be something if that were true R39. It would be incredibly Fascinating if true.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2022 12:21 PM

[quote]People don't seem to grasp that without Britain, there never would have BEEN "India"..

Oh for fucks sake, that's about as out of touch as saying Native Americans should shut up because without the English it would not be America.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2022 12:21 PM

Just give those paki bustards back their rocks! Now where’s my fag luv?

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2022 12:21 PM

[quote]Take the diamond and then take 10 million shithole curry-stinking Indians back too

But then British food would suck again.

The only thing good to each in the Brexit country is the variety of foods made by foreigners. Spotted dick is not popular outside the UK, just saying.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2022 12:27 PM

Will the new Queen have matching horse shoes too?

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2022 12:28 PM

R31 What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2022 12:35 PM

"What is wrong with you? "

They're British

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2022 12:43 PM

Camilla is the prince that was promised.

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2022 12:45 PM

ok, r41, I'll take the bait.

Without British colonization, indigenous American tribes are left to live in stone-age subsistence poverty. 1940 rolls around, and without the US, Germany crushes England & conquers Europe. Japan conquers Australia, Indonesia, China, and Siberia.

Spain & Portugal grab each other, and eventually unite (voluntarily or otherwise) with Italy (who's stretched unsustainably thin in Africa) & ends in a bitter cold war with Germany.

Eventually, Japan & Germany go hand to hand over North, Central, and South America., with the Mississippi as a natural dividing line. In South America, the Andes & Amazon divide Germany from Japan. The nazis embrace syncretic Aztec religion & combine it with German enslavement, and "sacrifice" 250,000 Jews in a single day at the horrific cathedral & altar-complex built at Aushwitz using an army of robots to efficiently tear out the victim's hearts & dispose of the bodies with clockwork precision. At some point Jews start running low & the new Nazi-Aztec gods are hungry, so the Nazis declare all of Africa to be a lost tribe of Israel in need of "extermination".

Be careful what you wish for. It might not be an improvement. Britain wasn't benevolent & saintly, but for the most part it efficiently & competently administered a global empire that persisted largely because its subjects felt they were better off than they were before. The British did a decently good job of neutering warlords & keeping piracy down to manageable levels. Colonials were "unequal" to their London overlords, but the overlords in London were downright benevolent compared to their wannabe-overlords a few villages or provinces away whom the British made to behave.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2022 4:14 PM

Yeah, people don’t realize that by the time Columbus came over the North and South indigenous peoples didn’t even have boats that could sail the ocean meanwhile in Europe the printing press made its first appearance. The Americas were so isolated from the rest of the world that they didn’t benefit from the exchange of knowledge and advancement that came with trade. They were the equivalent of early ancient Egyptians except more warlike.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2022 4:31 PM

I ask you this: if Britain had never united India, giving its upper class a common global language of commerce & establishing vast inland railway infrastructure, does anyone SERIOUSLY think India (or the individual countries it would have ended up as) would have a viable space program, or as a global powerhouse for outsourced IT?

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2022 4:32 PM

It’s so funny when ppl like R48 think that the US were the driving force in ending WW2.

[quote] Britain wasn't benevolent & saintly, but for the most part it efficiently & competently administered a global empire that persisted largely because its subjects felt they were better off than they were before.

Like……you’ve got to be kidding me!

One thing I’ve started to feel more and more recently is how small the world feels. Imagine how much more diverse and interesting it would be had Britain / France / Spain / Portugal / Netherlands / Belgium not made the world so much more homogenous. Wouldn’t it be amazing to have far more separate and distinct cultures in different places around the world rather than what we have now.

Imagine visiting the americas if they had been left to their own devices, or Asia free from Christianity, Australia free from the commonwealth, it would be so interesting and so much more fascinating. There’s a reason that Japan is so great to visit and that’s because they maintained their own culture to a higher degree than other places. Such a shame. Britain especially has the largest degree of blame for removing diversity from the current human population on earth. Greed greed greed.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2022 4:34 PM

To clarify r49…South American indigenous people were the equivalent of early ancient Egypt. North American indigenous were possibly late bronze age equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2022 4:34 PM

My bad…they we’re considered Neolithic in terms of development.

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2022 4:38 PM

Racism and imperialism go hand in hand. There is no separating the two. Just look at the racists and apologists on this thread. They can't control their racism and/or refuse to acknowledge it.

by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2022 4:40 PM

Homogeneity fosters peace.

A private school in Beverly Hills with "ethnically-diverse" student body who are all rich, academically-elite, and has parents involved with the movie industry is happy & prosperous.

An inner-city school in Philadelphia with the same nominal ethnic diversity, but a more "normal" student body, is almost guaranteed to be a warzone.

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2022 4:42 PM

R55 you can’t be that stupid please.

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2022 4:44 PM

R43 Spotted Dick isn't even popular in the UK. You'd struggle to find it on a menu anywhere and I'd doubt any Brit under 40 has even heard of it. It's one of those things with a funny name that Americans have decided we eat every day. I'm 41 and have only ever had Spotted Dick at school in the 80s. I've not seen it anywhere since.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2022 4:47 PM

R55 is racist, not stupid. Don't confuse the two. These people are not dumb.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2022 4:49 PM

I'd rather just send them Meghan instead.

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2022 5:03 PM

You Brits who think the world's indigenous people where all just sitting around waiting for you to "civilize" them really make me laugh. Oh, sure they were all waiting for your diseases and your forced Christianity, your enslavement and your raping of they're natural resources. Give me a break. Native Americans had a rich culture 1000s of years old in harmony with their environment. What the British Empire, Spain and France did with their Imperialism was set in motion the mess the world is in today

To indigenous people everywhere, I'm sorry I'm descended from the people who did this to you 😢

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2022 5:31 PM

[quote]To indigenous people everywhere, I'm sorry I'm descended from the people who did this to you 😢

🙄

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2022 5:33 PM

^ So much for your eye-roll...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote] I wonder what Princess Diana would be feeling right now, seeing her former husband become King with another women on the throne beside him. It could have been her. Unhappy marriages in the nobility is common, or so it seems. She might have stuck it out.

Diana knew Charles would become king, it's not like that was in question. If she knew how long it would take (QE living so long), she might have divorced him even earlier.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote]To indigenous people everywhere, I'm sorry I'm descended from the people who did this to you 😢

Give away all your stuff to Indians and then kill yourself or, alternatively, STFU.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2022 5:48 PM

^ Sure, mind if I take you out on the way? Your life doesn't seem worth living

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2022 6:00 PM

@r64, Your words are not worth reading either. *POOF* and just like that you were gone forever 🙂

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2022 6:02 PM

R37, the fate of the Amber Room is still officially a mystery because the Russians don't want to acknowledge that they themselves destroyed it. Not on purpose, of course; it was just in harm's way due to the Germans' theft. (They'd stored it in a building that the Russians fire-bombed).

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]Without British colonization, indigenous American tribes are left to live in stone-age subsistence poverty.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2022 6:09 PM

It's a bit rich, Americans lecturing the British about colonialisation in any form. The blacks, the Indians... everybody did it. It's dull and screaming for the spoils of war centuries after the fact is good for scoring political points at home, but history is as history was. Who cares? I'm sorry, I'm just not convinced the future of most colonies was somehow derailed under the boot of any other nation.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2022 6:10 PM

^ Great another Trumper, I mean Brit excusing their bad behavior because, "everyone else was doing it". Well, everyone else just jumped off the Tower Bridge, proceed with vigor

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2022 6:16 PM

^ Great, another simpleton. I'm no Trumper, I'm a centrist and a pragmatist and I'm worn out with this incessant rending of garments over ancient history and all the other performative theatrics. I have come to a firm view identity politics are as destructive as Donald Trump and his gang. Indifferent if that offends you. Best of luck with your next psychic flash.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2022 6:19 PM

@r68, I know, right? Have you ever read a idiotic, delusional mess of a statement as that one?

"We are poor American Indians just waiting for the kindly Brits to come along and save us from this life in caves"

Pyramids built by Native American cave dwellers 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2022 6:21 PM

Flourishing city of Native Americans while the Brits were Dark Age peasants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2022 6:26 PM

Give it back to the ocean like the old old bitch in Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2022 6:28 PM

Who did the Punjab steal it from?

by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2022 6:29 PM

@r71, Nice word salad 😂

Don't go away mad, just go away

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2022 6:33 PM

Don't project your self-doubts on to me, R76. Now put on your hairnet and get to whatever shift starts soonest.

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2022 6:35 PM

And try to use words not emoticons. You're already on the back foot as it is.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2022 6:35 PM

^ Ooooh, I found my favorite emoji hater 😂

Jealous? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2022 6:38 PM

Let's talk about emojis because the Brits are tired of losing arguments

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2022 6:40 PM

Brits are without a doubt the dumbest fucking white people on earth

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2022 6:41 PM

No one is taking you seriously. Your antipathy toward the British is irrational and ranted about far too many times on the board. It's not a point of view, it's a fixation. Ignored.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2022 7:04 PM

I believe it was your very own Lord Tennyson who mused “the time has come/ a fact’s a fact/ it belongs to them/ let’s give it back.”

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2022 7:08 PM

^ Great, I'll ignore you as much as you're ignoring me 😂

Do you Brits ever actually win arguments?

by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2022 7:08 PM

[quote] CONSERVATIVE ROYALISTS GET THE FUCK OFF OF DATALOUNGE.

Oh fuck off. No one appointed you hall monitor, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2022 7:22 PM

Nah, let the Brits stay, they're good for a laugh

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2022 7:24 PM

Right now India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh have all put a claim for the diamond, so I doubt the British will give the diamond back, because they would be snubbing the three other nations who want it. They will keep it, but it probably never be worn again. Since the last time a Queen Consort's Crown was used back in 1936 they made a new one out of the old diamonds (this time using platinum instead of gold), they might very well do that again this time, and put another diamond at the center, like one of the smaller Cullinan stones (aka "Granny's Chips," as Elizabeth II and Margaret called them, because they were much loved by Queen Mary).

Of course those stones are themselves demanded back by many people in South Africa; but South Africa has much less of a claim for them because they were taken from South Africa legally by the owner of the mine, and the Cullinan was not a formerly sacred stone, the way the Koh-i-noor is (it was once supposedly the eye of a statue of a god/dess), and was not handed over as the spoils of war.

I sincerely doubt the Koh-i-Noor will ever be given back to another nation because of the confusion as to whom to give it to. Also, demanding it back is different from demanding back the Elgin Marbles: the marble sculptures are legitimately the art belonging to the Greek people and look the same as when they were taken; the man who brought them back to the UK only did so under a very dubious business deal. The Koh-i-Noor does not represent Indian art anymore: Prince Albert had it re-cut in Antwerp in the the 1850s to make it look more brilliant, and in the process made it a different stone, so it should no longer have sacred properties. Moreover, although it was handed over during a military victory, it had itself been taken from previous owners by the then-current holder. So it's not clear at all to whom it should properly belong even if you look at that british military victory as illegitimate.

To link this diamond with genocide is absolutely ridiculous, and exemplifies why people have so much contempt for wokeness today. It's like saying we should not drink tea anymore or use cinnamon because those are also signs of British colonialism and imperialism.

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2022 7:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2022 8:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2022 8:51 PM

As former British Prime Minster said on Indian TV about the Koh-i-Noor diamond on his two-day trip to India in 2010:

"If you say yes to one you suddenly find the British Museum would be empty," he said. "I think I am afraid to say, to disappoint all your viewers, it is going to have to stay put."

The world has changed since 2010. So never say never Mr. Cameron. And by the way, Britain will be returning the Parthenon Sculptures to Greece even if you never return the Koh-i-Noor diamond to India.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2022 9:11 PM

Royalists are, by definition, racist, classist and imperialist. There's no such thing as a "centrist" royalist. A lot of the sudden influx of royalists here on Datalounge are just a subsection of the larger inundation of conservative trolls on DL.

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2022 9:13 PM

^ They're also dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to history and other cultures

by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2022 9:24 PM

If it makes you feel better to see everything in your absolutes, R91. Meantime the rest of us will continue talking like rational grown ups.

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2022 9:42 PM

^ Oh, Miss Mature has shown up just in time to wave her crooked finger at those she thinks are beneath her. I feel so shamed and admonished for not living up to her standards 😂

by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2022 9:47 PM

[quote] And by the way, Britain will be returning the Parthenon Sculptures to Greece

LINK PLEASE.

Or are you just again using your infallible powers of prediction as the basis for this judgement, O prophetess Cassandra?

by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2022 10:37 PM

[quote] R31 demonstrates the casual racism of monarchists.

[quote] CONSERVATIVE ROYALISTS GET THE FUCK OFF OF DATALOUNGE. ENOUGH!!!

[quote] Racism and imperialism go hand in hand. There is no separating the two. Just look at the racists and apologists on this thread. They can't control their racism and/or refuse to acknowledge it.

[quote] R55 is racist, not stupid. Don't confuse the two. These people are not dumb.

[quote] Royalists are, by definition, racist, classist and imperialist. There's no such thing as a "centrist" royalist. A lot of the sudden influx of royalists here on Datalounge are just a subsection of the larger inundation of conservative trolls on DL.

These are all the posts of the same cunting troll who seems to think she's somehow been appointed in charge of what other people can or cannot think.

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2022 10:42 PM

^ She's right though

by Anonymousreply 97October 13, 2022 10:44 PM

There's another mentally ill poster who irrationally hates the British that scurries around threads. Maybe one and the same? It's a Markle fangurl, too.

by Anonymousreply 98October 13, 2022 10:53 PM

^ Ooh, do tell Sherlock Holmes 😂

by Anonymousreply 99October 13, 2022 11:01 PM

She’s not wearing the crown because it’s too heavy on her head. Her osteoporosis won’t stand for it.

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2022 1:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote]^ So much for your eye-roll...

🙄🥱

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2022 2:35 AM

R96 I get what you mean but that poster has a point. It is difficult to separate the inherent longstanding politics of the royals (conservative, racist, imperialist etc.) from their modern day iteration. Supporting them without acknowledging this is a little head in the sand. While I don’t think everyone that’s interested in the royals is awful, it’s good to keep in mind the history they represent.

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2022 2:45 AM

R34 is shy a couple brain cells

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2022 3:07 AM

[quote]Native Americans had a rich culture 1000s of years old in harmony with their environment.

What nonsense. This tired old trope about the "noble savage" needs to be retired. Indigenous American consisted of many different tribes that were frequently at war, slaughtering each other an enslaving the losers. These wars were often over resources that they didn't exactly live in harmony with. They hunted the giant mammals to extinction.

As for the Elgin Marbles, the Greeks let them fall into disrepair for over a thousand years, making no effort to preserve their cultural heritage. Now they want it back?

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2022 3:54 AM

Camilla should be more concerned about the quality bra she wears. Old gal could use a good lift.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2022 4:09 AM

Someone screaming at other posters who disagree with him "GET THE FUCK OFF OF DATALOUNGE. ENOUGH!!!" because they do not agree with about repatriating a famous diamond (!!) does [italic]not[/italic] "have a point." Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2022 4:34 AM

Cam better slut it the fuck up, wear a titty adjuster and show your legs girl. Make them diana stans seethe. Show them that you can be ugly and still get ahead.

by Anonymousreply 108October 14, 2022 4:43 AM

Lest anyone doubt the benefits to India of its own union that was facilitated (with the ultimate exception of Pakistan and Bangladesh) by the British Empire, consider for a moment that India is a member of an extraordinarily elite club of spacefaring nations capable of not only launching rockets into orbit, but also sending probes beyond Earth orbit.

In "space agency" parlance, India is at "level 4", along with only Japan and the ESA (France and Italy are officially "level 4" as well due to past independent space-exploration activities independently of their own ESA membership).

At the present time, NO nations are officially "level 5" (able to launch humans into space, without meeting the requirements for level 6 or above)

Russia and China are "level 6" (operating space stations, without meeting requirements for level 7 or above).

Only the United States is "level 7" (humans on the Moon, without meeting requirements for level 8 or above).

I believe the higher levels are as follows:

level 8: human spaceflight beyond Earth-Moon orbit. AFAIK, the US will get to graduate to level 8 after Artemis 2 or 3 takes a capsule beyond the Moon's orbit. There's debate about whether level 8 should be split into 8A (beyond Earth-Moon orbit, without escaping from Earth-Moon gravity well) and 8B (escaping Earth-Moon gravity well). The main issue is, a hypothetical 8B mission would involve such complicated logistics with zero margin for error, it would almost be criminally reckless to even attempt just for the sake of saying, "yay, we're cool, we're level 8B now" instead of waiting until level 9 is achievable and doing it instead.

Level 9: humans set foot on a planetary body within the Solar System other than the Earth or Moon. Probably Mars... but non-inconceivably Venus, Ganymede, or another moon of Saturn or Jupiter that has an atmosphere.

Level 10: human spaceflight beyond the solar system

Level 11: achieved FTL, and earned humanity's official invitation to join the Galactic Federation.

The point being, if Britain hadn't facilitated India's eventual union, India would have NEVER had the money to pursue a level 4 space program, let alone be on the cusp of graduating to level 5 in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 109October 14, 2022 4:45 AM

@r105, Being total idiots about history and other cultures is all you British peasants have left. Sad finale days 😂

by Anonymousreply 110October 14, 2022 7:26 AM

Wouldn’t it be easier for everyone if Camilla just stayed home that day? It will be so awkward.

by Anonymousreply 111October 14, 2022 7:33 AM

[quote]Without British colonization, indigenous American tribes are left to live in stone-age subsistence poverty.

Poverty? Ha, Ha, you really are clueless about Native American culture. Money is not the same thing as wealthy. Native Americans were rich in many ways you sound like you cannot understand. Everyone in a tribe was taken care of, they didnt have a "every man for himself" filthy euro trash criminal culture. At least Native Americans knew better than to have troughs down the center of the street flowing with human shit. They also didnt have STD or STIs which came from the White man. Not to mention the Bubonic plague or the other White man diseases such as Small Pox.

by Anonymousreply 112October 14, 2022 7:43 AM

@r112 👍... I have come to the realization that the Brits who post on DataLounge have no formal education. Never in my life have I read such ignorant crap about world history and other cultures.

Whoever came up with the phrase, "Dumb and proud of it" was definitely talking about the British

by Anonymousreply 113October 14, 2022 7:55 AM

[quote]people don’t realize that by the time Columbus came over the North and South indigenous peoples didn’t even have boats that could sail the ocean

That is the stupidest comment i have ever read. Hawaiian Islands were first settled as early as 400 C.E. How do you think those people got to the center of the pacific ocean? Birds? Swimming?

Native Americans arrived more that 12,700 ago in what is now called the U.S. on canons along the northern straights. No they didn't walk all the way across a "land bridge" like your kindergarten teacher told you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 14, 2022 8:01 AM

No one can possibly believe that the British, or anyone else, is going to set the precedent of returning these acquisitions. The quantity of art stolen by Britain, Napoleon, Stalin et al, could and do fill 20 museums.

by Anonymousreply 115October 14, 2022 8:04 AM

@r114, As posted upthread, while the dumb peasant Brits were enjoying the Dark Ages Native American culture was flourishing...

"Larger than London or Paris in its time, what is now America’s heartland had a magnificent city between 1030 and 1200 CE. Now known as Cahokia, the city occupied the wide floodplain where the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers meet, near present-day St. Louis."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 14, 2022 8:09 AM

A fascinator would be a popular yet tasteful alternative

by Anonymousreply 117October 14, 2022 8:26 AM

And that was it at its zenith. Paris and London's zenith may well be yet to come. There's no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 118October 14, 2022 8:26 AM

Native Americans building cities on cliffs the same time as Europe building theirs near dirty rivers they shit in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 14, 2022 8:27 AM

@r117, "A fascinator would be a popular yet tasteful alternative "

Yes, because Brits are so tasteful and understated 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 14, 2022 8:30 AM

Vulgarly large stone.

by Anonymousreply 121October 14, 2022 8:31 AM

[quote] Paris and London's zenith may well be yet to come. There's no comparison.

Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha, BREXIT! 😂🤣😂🤣

I case you haven't notice, London has been in decline for the last 50 years. Not even a Super Power like China, America or Russia.

by Anonymousreply 122October 14, 2022 8:31 AM

Insofar as London has been in decline, it's been for a relative lack of the people who made it great and an abundance of history's losers.

by Anonymousreply 123October 14, 2022 8:36 AM

If they come to take it back, she can always hide it in her cooch, right next to Charlie the tampon!

by Anonymousreply 124October 14, 2022 8:36 AM

"Without British colonization, indigenous American tribes are left to live in stone-age subsistence poverty."

😂 🤣 Here we see Native Americans waiting for the Brits to come save them from their life in " stone-age subsistence poverty"

Looks nicer than than those dumpy council houses you British peasants live in 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 14, 2022 8:39 AM

I have seen more people in LA who have relocated from London in the past few years than I can remember. 30 years ago, it would be very, very rare to hear a real British accent around town. Now pretty much every restaurant or bar seems to have at least one or two Brits working there.

by Anonymousreply 126October 14, 2022 8:40 AM

AFAIK, the diamond was a gift to Queen Victoria. Someone may have regretted that gift later but it was too late then.

by Anonymousreply 127October 14, 2022 8:45 AM

^ Who gave it to her? An oppressed country trying to garner favor with the Queen? If I give you stolen property it's still stolen property

by Anonymousreply 128October 14, 2022 8:50 AM

Meh. Maybe he was trying to garner favor with the Queen, it wouldn't be the first time. He owned the diamond and he gave away the diamond. Again, he may have lived to regret that decision but it wasn't stolen from him, it was given.

by Anonymousreply 129October 14, 2022 9:01 AM

^ Given by who?

by Anonymousreply 130October 14, 2022 9:04 AM

Whom.

It was presented to Victoria by someone called The Maharaja of Lahore. It had to do with the Punjab being conquered but I don't know the details.

by Anonymousreply 131October 14, 2022 9:23 AM

Someone on here thinks that acknowledging that indigenous natives had a complex culture before Europeans arrived is the same thing as extolling racist "noble savage" stereotypes? Jesus, this place is a pit.

by Anonymousreply 132October 14, 2022 9:44 AM

"I've often thought about that as well. Maybe there's some great secret museum somewhere where all the missing treasures of the world are kept only open to dictators and Monarchists who gather and admire the great works while laughing at the poor plebs who haven't a clue 😠"

Dear Poor Pleb,

Places like this actually exist. Their purpose is to cheat on taxes, but they more or less function the way you described.

by Anonymousreply 133October 14, 2022 10:15 AM

R109 Send the horse-faced impostor to space.

by Anonymousreply 134October 14, 2022 10:38 AM

@r133, So I was right, thanks for acknowledging that, poor peasant... Geez, you Brits can't even agree with someone without throwing in some shade

by Anonymousreply 135October 14, 2022 10:45 AM

Forget the controversial rocks, Camilla. This is what you should show up wearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 14, 2022 12:11 PM

^ She always looks like that

by Anonymousreply 137October 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Any parent knows the answer.

You’re all going to fight about who gets the cookie? Break it up into equal pieces. You get a piece and you get a piece.

Sometimes you don’t get everything you want. Go to your rooms and I don’t want to hear another word about it!

by Anonymousreply 138October 14, 2022 12:31 PM

Please keep the mud slinging going bitches. This thread is hilarious! 😆

by Anonymousreply 139October 14, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote]Indigenous American consisted of many different tribes that were frequently at war, slaughtering each other an enslaving the losers. These wars were often over resources that they didn't exactly live in harmony with. They hunted the giant mammals to extinction.

That is the biggest pile of horseshit posted on DL this whole year.

by Anonymousreply 140October 14, 2022 2:39 PM

Tell you what. We'll cut the Koh-i-Noor in 4 pieces, and give one piece each to India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. Next question.

by Anonymousreply 141October 14, 2022 2:42 PM

[quote]They hunted the giant mammals to extinction.

Yes, and Europeans adopted a vegan lifestyle during the Stone Age. I think that's when PETA started.

Sweet mother of god, we have some real imbeciles who post here.

by Anonymousreply 142October 14, 2022 2:44 PM

[quote]They also didnt have STD or STIs which came from the White man. Not to mention the Bubonic plague or the other White man diseases such as Small Pox.

R112…that’s not entirely true. Herpes and syphilis were found in indigenous peoples prior to Columbus. Other diseases like tuberculosis, rabies, hepatitis and whooping cough were also here pre-Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 143October 14, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote]That is the stupidest comment i have ever read. Hawaiian Islands were first settled as early as 400 C.E. How do you think those people got to the center of the pacific ocean? Birds? Swimming? Native Americans arrived more that 12,700 ago in what is now called the U.S. on canons along the northern straights. No they didn't walk all the way across a "land bridge" like your kindergarten teacher told you.

What’s actually stupid is that you think this knowledge was retained…if it happened. Even your article says it’s just a theory.

What is a fact is the Incas we’re the closest to having an ocean capable vessel and it was nothing more than a double decker raft with a sail that hugged the coastline. Aztec and Maya had river and lake capable raft like vessels…and neither showed interest into venturing out into the ocean.

Indigenous peoples in North America (who, BTW, were visited by Vikings in wait for…boats!) weren’t nearly as advanced as the indigenous people in the South and there’s nothing that shows that those in the north had anything remotely capable of crossing the ocean. I believe the canoe was it…not even a trireme.

by Anonymousreply 144October 14, 2022 3:10 PM

Hey, Brits, Rome called, they want their wall back 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145October 14, 2022 4:42 PM

R112 i am part native and your theorys are all total BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 146October 14, 2022 4:43 PM

^ Exactly what are you taking issue with?

by Anonymousreply 147October 14, 2022 4:46 PM

[italic][bold]I [/bold][/italic]am taking issue with Camilla’s weather-beaten cunt!

by Anonymousreply 148October 14, 2022 5:25 PM

Native Americans didn't even have the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 149October 14, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]Indigenous American consisted of many different tribes that were frequently at war, slaughtering each other an enslaving the loser.

Oh, you mean like the Celts, Scotts, Visigoths, Saxons, Gauls, Vandals, Barbarians, Romans, Greeks, Vikings, ......and +1,000 0ther EU tribes?

by Anonymousreply 150October 15, 2022 9:44 AM

^ Don't use logic on Brits, they hate that. They think they invented civilization even though it was the Romans who forced them into it

by Anonymousreply 151October 15, 2022 9:53 AM

[quote]that’s not entirely true. Herpes and syphilis were found in indigenous peoples prior to Columbus.

That's because the White Man brought them to the Americas long before Columbus. There's genetic evidence that Caucasian discovered America hundreds of years before Columbus. He was really late to the party. That simplistic childhood account of American history was debunked decades ago. Some Native Americans in the north east are known to have blue eyes. Direct evidence of intermingling for example. Which means they brought their diseases with them. STD to be exact.

Not to mention these other 30 Diseases (which Native Americans had no Immunity to) brought to America including:

1. Smallpox

2. Measles

3. Influenza

4. Bubonic plague

5. Diphtheria

6. Typhus

7. Cholera

8. Scarlet fever

9. Chicken pox

10. Yellow fever

11. Malaria

12. Lyme disease

13. Q-fever (bacterial disease carried by cattle, sheep, and goats)

14. Leishmania (parasitic disease)

15. Whooping cough

16. African sleeping sickness (parasitic disease)

17. Filaria (parasitic disease)

18. Dengue

19. Septicemic plague (one of the three main forms of the plague)

20. Schistosomiasis (parasitic disease)

21. Anthrax

22. Botulism

23. Tetanus

24. Toxoplasmosis

25. Taeniasis (tape worms)

26. Staphylococci

27. Streptococci

28. Mycotic diseases (fungal diseases)

29. Syphilis

30. Legionellosis (bacterial disease)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Hey, Brits, I like the way you take care of other people's stuff in your museums 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2022 10:07 AM

Straits. Canoes.

by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2022 10:26 AM

[quote]Oh, you mean like the Celts, Scotts, Visigoths, Saxons, Gauls, Vandals, Barbarians, Romans, Greeks, Vikings, ......and +1,000 0ther EU tribes?

Actually, yes. This is a good analogy. These were mostly pre-Colombian who, with a few exceptions to your list, didn’t develop much and ended up conquered.

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2022 2:53 PM

[quote]Not to mention these other 30 Diseases (which Native Americans had no Immunity to) brought to America including:

No kidding! You do realize that eventually these diseases would have been brought back if and when indigenous peoples developed seafaring capability. If the North American indigenous people remained isolated like they were their future would like that island off of Indonesia that is off limits because the people haven’t developed at all and there’s no way to meet them without killing them because they have no immunity.

by Anonymousreply 156October 15, 2022 3:00 PM

Typical of the British Royal Klan. Camilla the raddled old hag doesn't deserve any jewels.

by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2022 3:01 PM

R126, the British have a strange fetish for the U.S. and Australia. They're always taking off for one or the other. If they're not running away from the weather, my theory is this: the British psyche is fucked by a class system that only exists in movies anymore but is embedded in their self-esteem and DNA. Sure, there are still "aristocrats" but, like everywhere, the new class system is money. Period. You can be as scummy as you like and your ancestors total nobodies. Just have money. But scarred by titles and all that historic baggage, they idealize the States and Australia. The Britain they're running away from hasn't existed for fifty or a hundred years.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2022 3:35 PM

^ Are you saying that titled people don't get a pass with or without money? I find that hard to believe the way the Brits play what beats what poker with titles here on DL

Prince beats a Duke who beats an Earl who beats a Lord who beats a... on and on 🙄

by Anonymousreply 159October 15, 2022 4:22 PM

Well, if you're mistaking DL's fixations for an indication of anything in the real world, there is more to discuss than my little theory.

But, yes, the power of aristocrats has been dead for decades. It died when deference did. The old definition class (by station, not manners) is dead. Money commands influence now.

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2022 4:43 PM

^ I can only judge people by the ones I meet and the Brits around here haven't gotten the memo

by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2022 4:46 PM

R150 - The comment was in response to someone who posted that Native Americans all lived in harmony with each other and the land. It's just not true. They were people no different than "the Celts, Scotts, Visigoths, Saxons, Gauls, Vandals, Barbarians, Romans, Greeks, Vikings, .... and +1,000 0ther EU tribes." It's the "noble savage" trope. It's degrading to aboriginal people and also nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2022 8:57 PM

I'd take bets on how quickly India, Pakistan, whoever gets the rocks sell them. Bet #2. which rich fat bastard will be buying them? Same with the Elgin Marbles. How long has it been that they have been working on the Parthenon? How about the Greeks taking care of the shit they already have or is it the same..The Marbles will be flogged off to the highest bidder

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2022 10:00 PM

Marble was stripped from the Colosseum and most of the Roman buildings hundreds of years ago. You are a little late with your bright idea R163.

by Anonymousreply 164October 16, 2022 3:53 AM

This is never happening, that diamond will be sold off in the black market and never be seen again. Now germany should return nefiriti bust to Egypt.

by Anonymousreply 165October 16, 2022 4:01 AM

All we got is a few totem poles returned from the lower 48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 16, 2022 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!