Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julie Andrews had the highest peak of any actress in terms of their career.

From 1957 to 1966, Andrews headlined two of the biggest hits and greatest movies of all time. One of those movies was the biggest hit ever until God Father released in the 70s. She originated arguably the most iconic stage character of all time, Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. She starred in the most watched television program ever, Cinderella that was watched by over 100 million people in the US. She starred in two highest grossing movies in their years (TSOM and Hawaii) and last but not the least, she won an Oscar for best actress.

Such an incredible history making achievements in such a short span of time. Can you find any other actress who's had such high peak in a span of 7-8 years ? I don't think so. No wonder, she was named as the biggest box office star in 1965 and 1966 by Quigley. And guess what ? She is popular even today.

I-C-O-N-I-C

When she dies expect the mourning to be as big as Queen Elizabeth's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2022 3:47 PM

All I will say about her is a random encounter I had around 20 years ago.

I was in my early 20s, at CBS Television City working on an awards show, and I was carrying a huge box of gift bags down an elevator. It was so big that I couldn't see around it. So the doors open and I slowly start walking out of it and I hear this woman say something like, 'Oh, dear, can I help you carry that?' I was surprised to hear a British voice, surprised to hear anyone offer to help carry a big box that could have been heavy (it wasn't). So I pivoted around to thank her and I about collapsed when I saw it was Julie Andrews. She was just smiling and lovely. And that's the end of the story.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2022 2:09 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2022 3:16 AM

She’s my chum & also likes my honeypot.

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2022 3:53 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2022 3:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!