Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alex Jones defamation trial: Jury awards nearly $1 billion to Sandy Hook families and first responders

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Poor Alex. Literally and figuratively.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 24, 2023 5:37 PM

So how does this actually work? There’s no way he has that kind of money. What happens?

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2022 8:01 PM

Good jury.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2022 8:05 PM

Pretty sure he does. They should take EVERYTHING from him, down to his disgusting underwear.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2022 8:09 PM

Womp womp, you fascist fuck.

It’s completely and utterly bankrupt him, R1. Forever. I assume that’s the point, rather than the families ever getting their payouts (or at least nowhere near what they’ve been rewarded).

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2022 8:11 PM

Fuck this clown. May every single dime of his sizable assets be diminished, and all to come go these victims he harassed in their time of grief and immeasurable loss.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2022 8:15 PM

I read he declared bankruptcy.

This is going to let him off the hook, isn’t it🤬😡🤬

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2022 8:16 PM

A good start. I wanna see him in stripes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2022 8:20 PM

Ha ha! In your fat, ugly, bloated, LYING face you FAT FUCK!!

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2022 8:22 PM

He's one of the most disgusting people I ever heard of. What kind of fucking idiot makes fun of little kids who were murdered by a lunatic??!!

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2022 8:22 PM

I'm glad it's happening, but this will just inflame his mentally ill fans. Yes, I do sound concerned

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2022 8:23 PM

I wasn't following the trial and didn't know this detail until I got the Bearking News alert:

[quote]The mother and father of a 7-year-old killed in the school shooting said Jones' lies led people to urinate on their son's grave and threaten to dig it up.

I hope he rots in hell.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2022 8:26 PM

@r10, So what. If they cause trouble they go to jail like the other inflamed lunatics on 1/6.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2022 8:26 PM

AP: It is unclear how much of the verdicts Jones can afford to pay. During the trial in Texas, he testified he couldn’t afford any judgment over $2 million. Free Speech Systems has filed for bankruptcy protection. But an economist testified in the Texas proceeding that Jones and his company were worth as much as $270 million.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2022 8:31 PM

Harry Litman reacts to jury ordering Alex Jones to pay nearly $1 billion to Sandy Hook families: "We're talking about such outsized numbers that even if he's able to bob and weave some, I just don't see how he winds up anything but basically broke now for the rest of his life."

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]I just don't see how he winds up anything but basically broke now for the rest of his life.

Ugh. I have one thing in common with Alex Jones now.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2022 8:37 PM

YASSSSSS HUNTY!

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2022 8:38 PM

@r14, That's it, they come after all future earnings which takes the incentive out of having inflammatory Info Wars programing

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2022 8:39 PM

Here's to hoping, R14.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2022 8:40 PM

Jones, along with his company, have now entered into mediation ordered by the bankruptcy court to see if they can work out a deal. The families won’t be motivated to cut him a break, and Jones can’t lie about his assets, since that would blow up any attempt to use the bankruptcy laws to shield himself.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2022 8:44 PM

His poor children. That fucking guy for a father, but at least you'd be rich when he finally destroys his liver. Now they don't get a dime. At least they don't have to change their last names I guess it's common enough

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2022 8:52 PM

His only hope at this point is to off himself

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2022 8:52 PM

Good. Maybe some of the other right wing shock jocks might start realising they may not get to keep the money they ran their mouth to get.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2022 8:59 PM

Karma.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2022 9:00 PM

I was lucky to get cancer and die

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2022 9:01 PM

He won't be broke for the rest of his life because I'm sure he has successfully hid enough assets to have enough live on until he dies an ugly death.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2022 9:03 PM

He’ll be under a microscope for the rest of his days. Any attempt to reach any hidden assets will result in them being snatched. Not to mention that it would void any bankruptcy for which he may file.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2022 9:07 PM

R10 we need to stop worrying about this shit. Let the fuckers that are so insane and can't contain themselves wind up in jail and that includes the fucking morons that flaming old queen Miss Lindz fears will go nuts if the orange tub of shit is invited. We can't be held hostage by lunatic morons.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2022 9:08 PM

*indicted

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2022 9:10 PM

He could have transferred amounts to his children and also to his friends when this all started. Not millions. Hundred thousand to enough people so even if some turn on him, others do not. They can give him cash every month.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2022 9:13 PM

I'm sure he took it well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2022 9:14 PM

R29, that’s incredibly risky. Once the money is transferred there is no incentive for anyone to give it back to him. And if they did, it would count as income.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2022 9:16 PM

Do you not understand cash? Do you lack reading skills? I said some would turn on him and he writes it off. Not all.

I'm not saying he can lead a showy or lux lifestyle. But he won't be penniless. You are very naive.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2022 9:21 PM

R32, I’ll repeat. That’s incredibly risky. Maybe transfer some money to the wife—maybe—but never the kids or friends. Geez, ask any accountant or lawyer if it’s a smart move. If they say A-ok, time to get a new lawyer or accountant.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2022 9:26 PM

InfoWars.com has a banner up:

Alex Jones ordered to pay $1 Billion Save InforWars -Extended Emergency Broadcast

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2022 9:27 PM

I know a fella who declared bankruptcy. He waited a bit then sold over several years a million in luxury watches through friends giving them a high commission. Managed to keep his vacation apartment in Turkey, too.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2022 9:28 PM

Move it years ago, hunny. He also has LOTS of off shore money and not all is easy to trace and not all have transparency agreements with USofA.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2022 9:29 PM

R33 you're still very naive. I never said he should transfer money NOW in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2022 9:30 PM

The sad thing is that his supporters will see this as a way of silencing him.

I wonder how they'd feel if they lost children in a school shooting and someone told them they were crisis actors and fake. Doubt it'd be quite so funny then.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2022 9:30 PM

You can tell Alex is a HOT pussy licker!

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2022 9:35 PM

Is r39 a new troll?

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2022 9:36 PM

People with assets over 100 million have untouchable liquid assets. May not be multimillions but only a fool that rich would have none. I know from my years at Lombard Odier and Chase PB.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2022 9:37 PM

Well..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2022 10:13 PM

How do they decide what family gets what amount?

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2022 10:14 PM

@r42, Well, I guess he can say whatever he wants now 🙄

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2022 10:16 PM

R42, and this monster thinks he has something to do with the Constitution and “Western values.”

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote]The mother and father of a 7-year-old killed in the school shooting said Jones' lies led people to urinate on their son's grave and threaten to dig it up.

Jesus. Honestly that is heartbreaking.

The man is a sociopath. I have no doubts.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2022 10:21 PM

Now if only Fox News could be treated this way.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2022 10:27 PM

Let's encourage his fans to come to his rescue—that way we can bankrupt them, too. Less money to contribute to MAGAt candidates and megachurches.

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2022 10:36 PM

Now if they take everything from him wouldn't this force him to spend the rest of his days living in welfare housing and receiving welfare checks? Any money he makes and every single asset he has going to the families? Everything single thing he spends money accounted for? If he is able to live beyond that it is a clear sign he has hidden assets and hidden income. Let his family as well rot in hell as they have knowingly or not been the beneficiaries of his evil. But because our justice system is so horribly unfair that is not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote] So how does this actually work? There’s no way he has that kind of money. What happens??

He cannot get the damage award discharged in Bankruptcy because it is based on willful and malicious misconduct. A big law firm will make a pile of money pursuing every penny he has ever earned, saved, stolen, hidden or fraudulently transferred...for the rest of his life.

Basically, he's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote] I read he declared bankruptcy. This is going to let him off the hook, isn’t it🤬😡🤬

No. See, r50.

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2022 10:41 PM

'Basically, he's fucked.'

God I hope so. But cockroaches like him and Trump always seem to land on their feet no matter what. He needs to be under strict surveillance for the rest of his life. He doesn't even need to be in jail. Having every single step of his followed would be his jail.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2022 10:44 PM

How much have the Goldmans collected from OJ Simpson?

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote] His only hope at this point is to off himself.

Excellent suggestion. Life insurance proceeds cannot be seized to satisfy the judgment.

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2022 10:47 PM

Fat cunt that he is, I fully expect him to escalate the doxxing and harassment.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2022 10:53 PM

A question for the lawyers and accountants (or, anyone who might know) that are in the room; Can his assets and bank accounts be frozen immediately even until the time that he files an appeal? I mean they confiscate drug dealers property immediately and without Due Process. So, why can't a similar thing be done here?

Also, would this be a strategy and argument to go after FOX, Sidney Powell, and others, who knowingly promoted lies?

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2022 10:53 PM

R53 1% of the 38 million.

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2022 10:54 PM

The genius in this is this, will his followers be motivated to donate to him when they know the money goes directly to the Sandy Hook families and their lawyers?

If you really want to fuck with Alex Jones and his grifting scheme mention that to his fans from now on.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2022 10:54 PM

You can lock him up, but someone will take his place.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2022 11:03 PM

A true nutter. Deserves it!

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote] You can lock him up, but someone will take his place.

That will surely happen. And that someone is going to get sued, too. The Deplorables will keep throwing their money at these grifters and these grifters will get fucked raw by the legal system and won't have much joy with their fame and money if they stay in the US. Will the gifters flee to other countries? Maybe, but good luck trying to play the patriot angle if you are too chickenshit to stay in the US and fight the good right wing fight and still get the US rubes' money.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2022 11:11 PM

The award can’t be discharged during bankruptcy, so although the plaintiffs won’t get ALL of what they won today (Jones doesn’t have a billion dollars), they’ll get 100% of whatever he *does* have.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2022 11:12 PM

May he only commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2022 11:13 PM

I assume too, R62, assets can be seized? Like secondary properties, vehicles, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2022 11:13 PM

So fucking glad. This prick has had it coming for years.😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2022 11:15 PM

What's really disgusting are his fucking defenders who scream about "free speech." So are they saying anyone has the right to go on the air and just outright lie? That's free speech to them? I hope someone with a huge audience goes on air and calls them by name or their loved ones by name "pedophile"s or "murderers" or "rapists" because it's ok to lie. "Free speech, y'all"

These idiots literally think someone has the right to just scream "fire" in a theater and that's "free speech."

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2022 11:22 PM

one's*

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2022 11:22 PM

He has what can best be described as "heart attack face." He has a perpetual look of being on the verge of having one.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2022 11:25 PM

The jury sent a HUGE message....great decision! He doesn't have that kind of money, but this will bankrupt him.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2022 11:27 PM

[quote] These idiots literally think someone has the right to just scream "fire" in a theater and that's "free speech."

They believe that THEY have the right and privilege to not face the consequences of their actions. However, they believe a Liberal screaming fire in a theater should be punished severely.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2022 11:28 PM

R66 - no doubt. I could say they’re lying about dear old granny being dead and go piss on her grave and try digging her up. They’d think it was absurd, but would never think it about their own actions.. It blows my mind that there are people who think Sandy Hook was a hoax. But you know if they dug up a body and found one, they’d just add another layer to the conspiracy by saying the left put in some other kid’s body - probably one that was trafficked and missing. There’s no end for them. Alex Jones in undoubtedly mentally ill, but he also knows these idiots are easy marks. Trump figured that out too.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2022 11:30 PM

Tasteful Friends: What say you about Alex Jones's new home?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2022 11:32 PM

One thing my Chinese Canadian coworker says she’s observed about privileged white men like Jones, or any privileged white lawmaker, is that they often didn’t intend for their laws to apply to themselves. They intended for them to keep others, like minorities, down.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2022 11:33 PM

This is a real blow to all the right wing grifters out there, because nowadays, they have to pull extreme stunts in order to stand out from all the other grifters to get the attention and the audience's money. Grifters may think twice what stunts they pull if they are scared that it could be the end of their grifting career, and they may lose all their money and assets. The dog whistle days are long gone, thanks to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2022 11:38 PM

Yes..^^

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2022 11:39 PM

The one I can't wait for is Dominion. I want them to take a shitload from FOX and all of the other cockroaches on the right who lied about them

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2022 11:40 PM

Social Media Cancel Culture? We give you right wing bastards something REAL to cry about.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2022 11:42 PM

I hope the stress of this verdict takes a real toll on this evil, morbidly obese piece of shit. A cardiac toll, if you get my drift. Will another hateful, right wing, morbidly obese fucker slither up to take his place? Sure, of course.

But Hell is waiting for Alex. He can go save some seats for his Republican buddies, while he waits for them. Pad the nest, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2022 11:47 PM

The whole world looks like Fred Goldman to this fat fuck now. He wanted to be a troll, go live under a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2022 11:48 PM

What happens to the billion dollar suit against Faux News?

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2022 11:51 PM

Fuck Glenn Greenwald, Marge Greene, and all the freepers who sucked up to him

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2022 11:51 PM

I am so fucking sick of these evil, conservative bastards. I hope he puts a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2022 11:57 PM

Here's what's going on with Dominion:

Latest: Oct 3, 2022 - Denial of Request for U.S. Supreme Court to Consider Appeal, Dominion Defamation Suit to Proceed Against MyPillow/Mike Lindell (PDF)

You can also see the countless denial to dismiss brought by the fucking idiots like the Kraken bitch and Gindalooni

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2022 11:58 PM

They'll never see any of that money.

You know, in the past several months we've lost Sondheim, Olivia Newton-John, Loretta Lynn and now Angela Landsbury, yet this fat useless cocksucker still walks the earth. No justice.

by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2022 12:02 AM

Oh, look, J.D. Vance was also an Alex Jones defender

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2022 12:04 AM

Vance is yet another morbidly obese right wing p.o.s. who has a reservation in Hell.

So many evil fatties in the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2022 12:05 AM

Am I wrong in thinking JD doesn't have his wife out there because he doesn't want them knowing he married an Indian woman?

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2022 12:07 AM

[quote] Tasteful Friends: What say you about Alex Jones's new home?

A magnificent aesthetic reflection of its owner!

by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2022 12:20 AM

Drown in you're own bile MF!

by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2022 12:31 AM

Full story from Reuters

Good Luck collecting for the families and lawyers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2022 1:10 AM

R84...He should follow the lead of his buddy, Rush Limbaugh. His face does always look like it's about to explode...a big, fat, red face.

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2022 1:21 AM

It's not about them getting the money. It's about Jones having to watch over his shoulder whenever he tries to have access to his secret bank accounts. He will not be able to earn money in any official capacity since all eyes are on him. He can't do any money begs without at least one member of the Sandy Hook families lurking around and sharing it (latest bank or online payment service details) with the other SH families and their lawyers.

If the money no longer flows, the incentive to spread hate and fear ceases.

by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote] How do they decide what family gets what amount?

I read there were 8 families and one FBI agent in the lawsuit. I also read the were 15 individual as plaintiff. So some families will have more than one plaintiff in the case.

Yeah I'd also like to know how whatever they finally settled on will be divided. And how much or percentage do the lawyers get?

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2022 1:57 AM

“Fifty-seven million, $20 million, $50 million, $80 million, $100 million, blah, blah,” Jones said, according to NBC News reporter Brandy Zadrozny. “You get a million, you get $100 million, you get a $50 million... Do these people actually think they’re getting any of this money?”

by Anonymousreply 94October 13, 2022 3:23 AM

^ Typical Repug, even when you lose you double down on the stupid

by Anonymousreply 95October 13, 2022 3:26 AM

[quote]So are they saying anyone has the right to go on the air and just outright lie? That's free speech to them?

Yes. That's what our trolls on here say, and they go so far as to say that if an individual user puts them on ignore, that's "censorship," because they believe they should be allowed to say anything they want, without exception, AND you should be forced to listen to it.

Then they turn around and tell you to shut up and use sockpuppets to FF you into a time-out.

by Anonymousreply 96October 13, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote] “Fifty-seven million, $20 million, $50 million, $80 million, $100 million, blah, blah,” Jones said, according to NBC News reporter Brandy Zadrozny. “You get a million, you get $100 million, you get a $50 million... Do these people actually think they’re getting any of this money?”

No, they're thinking they're discrediting and bankrupting you for the rest of your life, and that this will be a clear warning to others you cannot willfully slander people and lie outright for monetary and political gain.

But you knew that already.

by Anonymousreply 97October 13, 2022 3:33 AM

How is that possible? Does he have that much money?

by Anonymousreply 98October 13, 2022 3:34 AM

[quote]Yeah I'd also like to know how whatever they finally settled on will be divided.

The jury awarded specific amounts to each family. The eventual total was about $960 million (if I remember correctly). It wasn't like the jury decided on this huge lump sum and now everyone fights over it.

by Anonymousreply 99October 13, 2022 3:40 AM

Best news in quite a while.

Couldn’t happen to a more vile POS.

He is an amalgamation of the worst of the worst that makes America a questionable place to reside in.

It would be AMAZING if this happened to other pieces of shit who are very much like him, as well.

He’s a domestic terrorist. Check out The Young Turks interview with his first ex wife. He’s been stalking her and treating his two children like trash, via the courts and parental manipulation.

Absolutely horrible person and a very real danger to society at large.

by Anonymousreply 100October 13, 2022 3:48 AM

I'm just not sure I'd this is going to impact his FICO score...

by Anonymousreply 101October 13, 2022 3:48 AM

Other cunts that hopefully and eventually suffer the same fate: MTG, Fox “News”, Jeanine Pirro, Candace Owens, Kayleigh McEnany, 45 and each of his vile spawn, who else am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 102October 13, 2022 3:55 AM

The list is long, r102.

by Anonymousreply 103October 13, 2022 3:59 AM

What I find really disturbing is that this screeching cokehead has accrued millions from a bunch of lunatic rubes that send him money. The USA has a mental illness/evil/crazy people/stupid moron problem. It's too bad more of them didn't croak from Covid. They're dragging us down.

by Anonymousreply 104October 13, 2022 4:00 AM

R73

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Whitlot

by Anonymousreply 105October 13, 2022 4:11 AM

He is an absolutely vile and revolting person. I don’t know who’s more revolting. Alex Jones or Steve Bannon.

by Anonymousreply 106October 13, 2022 4:13 AM

Alex Jones has Big Dick Energy!

by Anonymousreply 107October 13, 2022 4:15 AM

If only the jury had added the stipulation that Jones put on a gingham dress and do degrading dances in public.

by Anonymousreply 108October 13, 2022 4:18 AM

Why does the media insist on giving that fucking cunt oxygen by replaying his bullshit even from today? They didn't learn their lesson from Trump?

by Anonymousreply 109October 13, 2022 4:21 AM

He's batshit crazy enough that he may end up doing that on his own.

by Anonymousreply 110October 13, 2022 4:23 AM

Because sanity is boring, R109.

by Anonymousreply 111October 13, 2022 4:24 AM

[quote] He can't do any money begs without at least one member of the Sandy Hook families lurking around and sharing it (latest bank or online payment service details) with the other SH families and their lawyers.

No. This is REAL money. The Sandy Hook families don't have to lift a finger. There is a white-shoe law firm on retainer with a team of investigators monitoring the rise and fall of his fat gut with every breath. He's done. They're taking everything.

by Anonymousreply 112October 13, 2022 4:46 AM

They put him on trial for defecation? The evidence must have been overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 113October 13, 2022 5:28 AM

[quote]He could have transferred amounts to his children and also to his friends when this all started.

Two words for you: Fraudulent conveyance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 13, 2022 6:08 AM

[quote]Can his assets and bank accounts be frozen immediately even until the time that he files an appeal?

As I recall from the OJ civil suit, in order to keep the Goldmans from seizing whatever they could immediately he would have had to post a bond equal to 150% of the total damages. Of course he never did. Similar rules may apply here.

by Anonymousreply 115October 13, 2022 6:22 AM

I was shocked to learn he's only 48 years old. Looks at least 15 years older.

by Anonymousreply 116October 13, 2022 6:30 AM

Bullshit. Sandy Hook was major news, the family were public figures. It's called freedom of speech and the press. Jones may be a creep. But criticism of a public figure's actions is not defamation.

by Anonymousreply 117October 13, 2022 7:43 AM

[quote] I was shocked to learn he's only 48 years old. Looks at least 15 years older.

r16 Lol at the gay guys here. The story is completely ignored while they talk about his age and his looks.

by Anonymousreply 118October 13, 2022 7:46 AM

Several million(s) in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be carried on a single USB dongle......in one's pocket.....if you buy it in cash from a private person, there will be virtually no way to trace it......you can take it with you anywhere in the world, no one can access it if the dongle is appropriately encrypted......even if the dongle is lost, your 24-word backup "seed" will reconstruct the funds.....almost anyone can memorize 24 words in a specific order...this is the way people hide money now.........all of you need to get with the program..........

by Anonymousreply 119October 13, 2022 7:54 AM

[quote] But criticism of a public figure's actions is not defamation.

Telling that Sandy Hook was a false flag operation and they are all crisis actors paid by Soros isn't criticism. That's slander.

Jones can thank his followers for harassing them. That's when the families had legal grounds to sue his ass.

by Anonymousreply 120October 13, 2022 7:56 AM

r119, bitcoin? LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 13, 2022 7:59 AM

r121 "bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies"

by Anonymousreply 122October 13, 2022 8:08 AM

He should start an Only Fans.

by Anonymousreply 123October 13, 2022 8:09 AM

r121 My bitcoins have gone from about $.07/each to $20 (or so) thousand each........I am pretty satisfied with that return on investment.

by Anonymousreply 124October 13, 2022 8:10 AM

Too bad print calendars are no longer a thing, or he could sell those with him riding a horse shirtless, just like Putin.

by Anonymousreply 125October 13, 2022 8:11 AM

[quote] My bitcoins have gone from about $.07/each to $20 (or so) thousand each........I am pretty satisfied with that return on investment.

Sure, Jan.

Thanks for taking some time off from partying on your yacht and honoring us with your presence at DL, Mr. Savvy Investor Rich Guy.

by Anonymousreply 126October 13, 2022 8:13 AM

r126 I am pretty satisfied with my return on investment from 2009 till now.

by Anonymousreply 127October 13, 2022 8:18 AM

For the time being, R127. It's not like cryptocurrencies are a volatile asset, right?

by Anonymousreply 128October 13, 2022 8:42 AM

r128 I am satisfied with my return on investment since 2009

by Anonymousreply 129October 13, 2022 8:43 AM

^ People who get into pyramid schemes early usually are 🙄

by Anonymousreply 130October 13, 2022 8:47 AM

It's LuLaRoe for dudebros.

by Anonymousreply 131October 13, 2022 8:53 AM

I see the Bitcoin shill has shown up

by Anonymousreply 132October 13, 2022 9:01 AM

You are absolutely fooling yourself if you think the government isn't monitoring cryptocurrency transactions. The money you put into crypto came from somewhere, and the feds know that you put it into crypto.

Bitcoin wasn't exchanged more than a handful of times until 2010, so I doubt someone here bought into it in 2009 anyway. Besides, we know Jones didn't buy into Bitcoin back then. He may have later but, again, the feds would know this, and his money would be discoverable.

by Anonymousreply 133October 13, 2022 9:06 AM

And, he immediately goes on his show and starts defaming the lawyers in the case. I hope they file their own suit against him tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 134October 13, 2022 9:53 AM

I mined them myself. There is no record. It is YOU who is fooling yourself. Take cash to Panama City, go into a trading room, exchange your cash for crypto printed out onto paper, and bingo you have a totally private transaction. Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 135October 13, 2022 11:15 AM

Again, I am satisfied with an investment going from $.07 to $20,000.00/per. It is a GREAT return on investment. The $.07/per is an estimate of the electricity I used in 2009 to mine the bitcoin.

by Anonymousreply 136October 13, 2022 11:17 AM

Give it a rest, crypto shill.

by Anonymousreply 137October 13, 2022 11:21 AM

Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 138October 13, 2022 11:28 AM

If Crypto Troll is a crypto zillionaire, why is he wasting time on dreary DL and not in some glamorous beach villa with a bowl of blow and a couple gorgeous luxury rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 139October 13, 2022 11:30 AM

I can surf the web with all that you mentioned.......maybe I am.......jealous?

by Anonymousreply 140October 13, 2022 11:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 13, 2022 11:33 AM

@r139, This, if I were a crypto zillionaire the last place I'd be is here arguing with a bunch of plebs 😂

by Anonymousreply 142October 13, 2022 11:35 AM

I want follow-up reporting on sentences like this because I don't believe they really ruin people's lives. People like Jones always pop up again years later, looking decidedly not poor, getting press, selling shit.

If you're fined a billion dollars and declare bankruptcy, does that erase the debt of your court-ordered fines the same way declaring bankruptcy discharges credit card and loan debts?

by Anonymousreply 143October 13, 2022 11:35 AM

A good news story!

I hate his face and everything that comes out of his mouth. Glad they took this stuffed shirt and his jowls to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 144October 13, 2022 11:35 AM

One would assume that any self respecting crypto zillionaire would be on ManVox.

by Anonymousreply 145October 13, 2022 11:37 AM

Nothing and no injuries can justify the amount

by Anonymousreply 146October 13, 2022 11:41 AM

Hi Alex/r146!

by Anonymousreply 147October 13, 2022 11:48 AM

I am not self respecting, I have never heard of ManVox, it is the idiots that buy a beach mansion, have multiple rentboys and bowls of coke sitting around that get caught. Kind of like drug dealers in rural America small towns that buy a Bentley and a Rolls Royce and wonder how they got caught.

by Anonymousreply 148October 13, 2022 11:53 AM

What lies and hate do to you in ten years. Keep eating, GQP. This is what you are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 13, 2022 12:08 PM

^ It's amazing what crazy hate does to your body in a short time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 13, 2022 12:49 PM

Steve Bannon too... Yikes! 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 13, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote] The sad thing is that his supporters will see this as a way of silencing him.

Um, that’s exactly what it is. That’s exactly what it’s intended to be. A way of silencing his ENDLESS LIES.

And no one cares what his supporters think.

by Anonymousreply 152October 13, 2022 12:56 PM

Republicans: the party of death threats AND rape threats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 13, 2022 1:03 PM

[quote] Republicans: the party of death AND rape.

Fixed it for ya.

To be clear:

✅ Pro-death penalty

✅ Pro guns

✅ Pro all wars

✅ Pro cops killing black men

✅ Pro insurrectionists killing cops

✅ Pro-Trump, a man accused of at least 25 sexual assaults, including by his ex-wife, who he memorialized as "hole number one" on his golf course

--

To be totally fair, Democrats don't have room to be high and mighty about supporting rapists—Many supported Weinstein, many loved Matt Lauer, many support Bill Clinton, and plenty of other predatory men. Supporting rapists seems to be a thing people do in general as long as the rapist plays for their team.

by Anonymousreply 154October 13, 2022 1:09 PM

^ You were doing fine until you added that last paragraph... Ass 😠

by Anonymousreply 155October 13, 2022 1:15 PM

R155 It's true. I am a democrat, but also anti-rape, and it's a lie to say that one party is more anti-rapist than the other. Many people have chosen to overlook sexual assaults especially when the accused assaulter plays for their team.

by Anonymousreply 156October 13, 2022 1:17 PM

^ You've convicted Clinton of rape without any evidence except the hearsay of a couple of MAGA women with an ax to grind... You're an ass

by Anonymousreply 157October 13, 2022 1:21 PM

That motherfucker has a head like a bastard hog.

by Anonymousreply 158October 13, 2022 1:22 PM

[QUOTE]Harry Litman reacts to jury ordering Alex Jones to pay nearly $1 billion to Sandy Hook families: "We're talking about such outsized numbers that even if he's able to bob and weave some, I just don't see how he winds up anything but basically broke now for the rest of his life."

Maybe Peter Thiel can be his Fairy Godfather 🧚‍♂️ 🧚‍♀️ and pony up the payment.

by Anonymousreply 159October 13, 2022 1:24 PM

^ He should, that way Jones will have enough money to get sued again 👍

by Anonymousreply 160October 13, 2022 1:27 PM

He obviously can't pay, but I'm hoping to see some (or all) of the plaintiffs showing up at his offices with the Sheriff in tow to attach everything they can get their hands on, including the building if he owns it. Then show up at his house to take his cars, and everything inside, and then delivery a court ordered eviction notice to him because they're getting the house too.

That happened to a bank branch I read about a few months ago. The bank had lost a lawsuit to an account holder but never paid the award, and it wasn't millions of dollars. The account holder's lawyer got a judge to order the attachment of the bank's branch office and he, his client and a sheriff's deputy showed up there one day with a UHaul truck. They handed the arrogant branch manager the court order and the deputy announced they were going to take all the equipment in the building. The branch manager got on the phone to his bosses and needless to say the guy who sued them had a check in his hand within a few minutes. LOL

by Anonymousreply 161October 13, 2022 1:37 PM

When you've lost Seb Gorka....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 13, 2022 1:55 PM

[quote]if you buy it in cash from a private person, there will be virtually no way to trace it

The bank(s) will have records of the cash withdrawals for which he will have to account.

by Anonymousreply 163October 13, 2022 2:05 PM

R162, I love the Cernovitch tweet claming: "Nevertheless in a trial where he wasn’t allowed to defend himself on free speech grounds, he’s now being ordered to pay hundreds-of-millions of dollars."

He had every opportunity to defend himself on free speech grounds, had he actually contested either of the suits in Texas or Connecticut. However, the stupid fuck was a no-show for both, and lost the cases on default judgements. The recent trials were only to establish damages, so of course he couldn't present any free-speech defenses there. He said "Fuck You" to the courts, and the courts replied in kind. Sweet irony.

by Anonymousreply 164October 13, 2022 2:14 PM

Yeah--he fucked around and found out!

by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2022 2:21 PM

[quote]When you've lost Seb Gorka....

Is no worse than having Seb Gorka in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 166October 13, 2022 2:25 PM

He has no choice but to double down. If he repents, he will lose his financial support from extreme right wingers, while still being heavily indebted.

by Anonymousreply 167October 13, 2022 2:27 PM

I wonder how his supporters would feel if gunmen, having stalked their social media comments, location etc turned up at their kids schools, threatened to shoot them while promising they were representing a group who spread the message that it was all a lie. See how they like it and how they can spin a counter narrative. Pathetic pieces of shit. Their poor kids are doomed anyway

by Anonymousreply 168October 13, 2022 2:28 PM

My hope is that this saga ends with Alex Jones putting the business end of a revolver in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 169October 13, 2022 2:36 PM

He's had years to hide $$$$. The man will not be living out of his car, alas.

by Anonymousreply 170October 13, 2022 2:38 PM

R102...Just say, FOX News in general. They should all suffer....as they have caused a lot of suffering.

by Anonymousreply 171October 13, 2022 2:44 PM

Holy shit R149!

by Anonymousreply 172October 13, 2022 2:48 PM

Are there any more cases against him?

by Anonymousreply 173October 13, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote] He's had years to hide $$$$. The man will not be living out of his car, alas.

It will be like the mafia. They can hide it, but the moment they touch it, someone will find out.

There are forensic accountants and investigators who specialize in finding it. (Usually for divorce cases.)

He might have been able to hand cash off to someone--but who? Everyone hates him.

And this is his only way of making money--and it is a very public way.

Sorry, he's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 174October 13, 2022 3:06 PM

r163 he routinely gets CASH donations from all over the nation (and world) in the mail........these people that donate WANT him to be able to hide money........they are mean and vile, not idiots...........

by Anonymousreply 175October 13, 2022 3:09 PM

R46....The chaos and downfall in many ways of our politicians is not so surprising, especially when Obama was in office. It was then, that I decided not to support repubs anymore...with their oppositions against getting anything done. What was most disheartening for me was that so many people go along with this....and so much worse. I still can't believe how low a good portion of the population will go....even so far as urinating on a child's grave and wanting to dig up the body. That there are these monsters among us...I still can't believe it. The evil is too much....no boundaries anymore.

by Anonymousreply 176October 13, 2022 3:09 PM

He's acting out today, calling for mass executions over ... covid vaccines, I guess. I think the $1B (lol) judgement knocked another screw loose.

by Anonymousreply 177October 13, 2022 3:23 PM

The sad fact is that there will be other Alex Jones-types; but not unlike the lawsuits against the Catholic Church or the cigarette companies, these kind of judgements can help turn tide in that courts will rule against these types of people, enabling plaintiffs not only go after individuals, but also sponsors, media companies that give them a platform, other public figures that echo their lies, etc. Even though they have to be shamed into doing it, social media companies have demonstrated a willingness to ban these people. So while I don't necessarily think this changes anything - just at the people willing to defend Jones - I do think it opens up the floodgates to other people harassed by lies to fight back and win.

by Anonymousreply 178October 13, 2022 3:23 PM

r176. We all have the tendency to do some really fucked up things (including murder) when we allow others to push our buttons. Most of us, if not all, grow into needy adults who were raised to look for outside guidance from authority figures, because we can't trust our own instincts and moral code thanks to mom and dad telling us that they know best (obey, or we will punish you / take away our love, money, approval / tell Santa Claus to put you on the Naughty List!). So we run around like headless chickens looking for some purpose and some great guide who will tell us what to think, what to believe, what to do. And based on our backstory, we can go either good or fall for some bad cult leader who is giving his followers a permission slip to express hate and anger towards others.

by Anonymousreply 179October 13, 2022 3:25 PM

[quote] I think the $1B (lol) judgement knocked another screw loose.

He had a screw tight?

by Anonymousreply 180October 13, 2022 3:33 PM

I always naively thought....deep down, there's decency in people. We are flawed, make mistakes...but good....well, most people. The past ten or twenty years, it was a steady decline....with the past five years, really amped up. After watching Ken Burns' documentary about the USA and the holocaust...so called "good" people here in the US were pretty mean and unaccepting. Of course, Germany was on steroids with hate, the common folk going right along with it....trying to annihilate (sp) a total population of people. I look at people much differently now. It's a hard reality to face. Ok...off of my soapbox now and sorry for going a little off of the topic.

by Anonymousreply 181October 13, 2022 3:42 PM

...*going a little off topic..^^

by Anonymousreply 182October 13, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote] r120 Telling that Sandy Hook was a false flag operation and they are all crisis actors paid by Soros isn't criticism. That's slander. Jones can thank his followers for harassing them. That's when the families had legal grounds to sue his ass.

So? You can call Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump a lizard person and they can't sue you.

When the parents became public advocates for gun control they lost the right to sue for defamation.

Here's the law:

[quote] In the context of defamation actions (libel and slander) as well as invasion of privacy, a public figure cannot succeed in a lawsuit on incorrect harmful statements in the United States unless there is proof that the writer or publisher acted with actual malice by knowing the falsity or by reckless disregard for the truth.[2] The legal burden of proof in defamation actions is thus higher in the case of a public figure than in the case of an ordinary person.

by Anonymousreply 183October 13, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote]he routinely gets CASH donations from all over the nation (and world) in the mail

And what do you think will happen when and as he tries to access it? You can hide all the assets you want, but if you can’t touch them without having them seized it won’t do you much good. And that would cancel any bankruptcy case he may file.

by Anonymousreply 184October 13, 2022 4:27 PM

The rubes are sending this lard ass $20 in a greeting card through the mail? We are really and truly fucked as a culture.

by Anonymousreply 185October 13, 2022 4:29 PM

[quote]When the parents became public advocates for gun control they lost the right to sue for defamation.

Pity the courts don't agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 186October 13, 2022 4:29 PM

[quote] he routinely gets CASH donations from all over the nation (and world) in the mail

I don't think you understand how unrelenting the other party--the lawyers of the parents can be.

You don't just say, "I'm bankrupt," and then they leave you alone. The lawyers will be filing motions every month, dragging him to court constantly, and he will be forced under oath to talk about any money he has coming in. If he lies, he goes to jail.

If you have ever known anyone (wealthy) who's gone through an ugly, contested divorce whether the other party fights everything, this is what it's like.

by Anonymousreply 187October 13, 2022 4:31 PM

His fans --conspiracy theorists-- are scumbags. I hope they all go just as bankrupt as he is. Every one of them.

by Anonymousreply 188October 13, 2022 4:32 PM

Jesus, r183, try to improve your trolling.

by Anonymousreply 189October 13, 2022 4:33 PM

Don’t expect Matt-fatso to get any better at it, r189. All she does is regurgitate talking points from the rightwing echo chamber. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 190October 13, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote] It was then, that I decided not to support repubs anymore...

I see.

[Quote] What was most disheartening for me was that so many people go along with this....

Yes. We know. Gays supporting the republicans is indeed disheartening.

[Quote] I still can't believe how low a good portion of the population will go..

Why not? You were once one of them. You are better placed than most to understand and explain their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 191October 13, 2022 5:00 PM

I wonder if Large Marge Trailer Trash fucked Alex Jones....

by Anonymousreply 192October 13, 2022 5:10 PM

I want to know how many properties he owns. I read he owns a ranch outside Austin and probably a bunch of real estate on the East coast. Is it possible to sign over all your properties to family before the verdict? I remember OJ was allowed to keep a huge Florida mansion and he somehow never was broke or had any money issues. These vile people obviously know how to hide their money and assets.

I'm also confused why all these media lawyers are convinced the families won't get any money from Jones. A lawyer on CNN was convinced the families wouldn't get any money and their lawyers already prepared them for that outcome. I read he's hiding most of his money in a complex network of LLCs and shell companies and had years to hide the money and cover his tracks. Transferred most of his assets to other companies people and entities years ago and it's almost impossible for the lawyers to get their hands on it. According to them it's also a problem that it's a civil suit and the victims lawyers don't really have a leverage. They can't just put him in jail till he gives up all his assets for example. They have to go to court for every decision and subpoena and he can delay and appeal every decision for years.

by Anonymousreply 193October 13, 2022 5:21 PM

I think OJ moved to Florida because personal homes can’t be seized there. Also, his pension from the NFL can’t be seized.

by Anonymousreply 194October 13, 2022 6:05 PM

^ That's why OJ has done very little since he was released, the Goldmans are very persistent in dogging him to get every penny they can. Good for them, I hope the Sandy Hook survivors are just as persistent

by Anonymousreply 195October 13, 2022 6:10 PM

I think he'll decide he's got nothing left to lose and get even more deranged.

by Anonymousreply 196October 13, 2022 6:30 PM

After the lies he told about those innocent dead children he should have to suck dick for food.

by Anonymousreply 197October 13, 2022 6:34 PM

But if he is getting cash donations in cards how would anybody know?

by Anonymousreply 198October 13, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote]After the lies he told about those innocent dead children he should have to suck dick for food.

You want to reward him?

by Anonymousreply 199October 13, 2022 6:36 PM

He wouldn’t think it was a reward

by Anonymousreply 200October 13, 2022 6:36 PM

@r198, We'll peek in his mail... Shhhh

by Anonymousreply 201October 13, 2022 6:37 PM

If he were truly wiped out he would be living on welfare in a trailer park or project with food stamps. Until that happens I won't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 202October 13, 2022 6:38 PM

r184 why could he not just open the envelopes and put the cash in his pocket......why run the cash through a bank??.......get a clue.........are you really this dense??

by Anonymousreply 203October 13, 2022 7:01 PM

^ So, when he needs to buy a car he just grabs a couple of barrels of money and goes to a car dealer? Yeah, that's not suspicious 🙄

by Anonymousreply 204October 13, 2022 7:27 PM

^^^^^^nitwit, many many car dealers accept bitcoins as payment, and the USB dongle you store them on fits on a keychain............especially in south America, which is where he will probably hide out....

by Anonymousreply 205October 13, 2022 8:02 PM

Yes but where does he hide the new car r205?

by Anonymousreply 206October 13, 2022 8:13 PM

Jesus christ. The crypto troll is STILL shilling on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 207October 13, 2022 8:23 PM

He'll appeal. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 208October 13, 2022 8:46 PM

Of course he will, r208...but to what end?

by Anonymousreply 209October 13, 2022 8:48 PM

@r205 Asshole

by Anonymousreply 210October 13, 2022 8:52 PM

His fans URINATED on the graves of dead children. This was stated under oath. WTF happened in your own life that you associate the "good guys" with Trump, Bannon, Stone, Flynn, Rudy, Jones, Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Jordan, etc?

by Anonymousreply 211October 13, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote] why could he not just open the envelopes and put the cash in his pocket......why run the cash through a bank??.......get a clue.........are you really this dense??

Please, dear Lord, let the fat moron do this so the IRS can imprison him for unreported income.

by Anonymousreply 212October 13, 2022 9:37 PM

R203, people who hold a judgment against you for money are entitled to have your mail forwarded to them and to seize any of it that contains property of value (such as checks or cash). They have to present such items to a court in order to receive authorization to keep it, but they see it before you do and ultimately can apply it toward the judgment debt that you owe them.

by Anonymousreply 213October 13, 2022 9:38 PM

Well they can just then send the cash to a family member.

by Anonymousreply 214October 13, 2022 9:41 PM

Is Alex Jones posting on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 215October 13, 2022 9:44 PM

^ No, but his idiot followers sure are

by Anonymousreply 216October 13, 2022 9:49 PM

r206 & r207 he hides it in his underground bunker in Costa Rica, yes I am still here

by Anonymousreply 217October 13, 2022 10:26 PM

^ Well, if you and reality ever meet, let us know

by Anonymousreply 218October 13, 2022 10:28 PM

r213 I have lived in Argentina for years......I have never heard of ANYONE there being "entitled to have your mail forwarded to them (to the US)".......do you really believe Alex does not have residences all over the world to launder money through........not everything in existence has to go through an American address, an American Bank and an American court.........Jesus you people are astonishingly stupid...............

by Anonymousreply 219October 13, 2022 10:31 PM

^ You're not all that bright if you think Alex Jones was smart enough to set up an elaborate network of money laundering schemes because he just knew someday he'd lose a BILLION DOLLAR LAWSUIT 🙄

by Anonymousreply 220October 13, 2022 10:42 PM

r218 truly deserved his W&W

by Anonymousreply 221October 13, 2022 10:47 PM

W/W, r220.

by Anonymousreply 222October 13, 2022 10:47 PM

Alex Jones didn’t even show up for the trial. He only showed up for the money judgment. He’s no rocket scientist.

by Anonymousreply 223October 13, 2022 11:04 PM

Has anyone had the unpleasant experience of watching Alex Jones gain popularity over the last decade? And he started out on little conspiracy theory TV programs. He then branched out into talk radio, which became a serious dog whistle for fascist bullies conservative extremist rhetoric and talking points.

I clearly remember around 2003, when that idiot would get on talk radio and say all kinds of idiocy that at the time I thought was science-fiction in the style of war of the worlds.

Little did I know people were taking this guy literally and they’ve been listening to him since before the year 2000, where he “predicted” the so-called Y2K hoax.

He was such an extreme bullshitter I was astounded and at the time I didn’t realize that the reason that he had his pressured speech was either due to mental illness or some type of stimulant abuse.

Alex Jones is in many dictionary‘s and encyclopedias because his picture is under the word hunt in every dictionary.

Being from the south, and seeing the abuse of human beings sanctioned and celebrated while I was cringing and ready to puke and horrified, when I heard Alex Jones talking points for the first time I literally had to pull off the side of the road and cry because I was so sad that people would not understand the level of Nazism that man was promoting.

At first, I naïvely thought that it was because people from the north never had slavery in our country, and his didn’t recognize the racist talking points. When I found out that I was wrong I was disgusted.

R96 A description of the Reddit algorithm

R105 finally somebody gets it

R119 it’s secret until he spends it then what he buys will get transferred to the settlement

R223 his attorneys own that

by Anonymousreply 224October 13, 2022 11:24 PM

Hahaha typo from r224 significant correction Alex Jones is in many dictionarys and encyclopedias because his picture is under the word cunt in every dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 225October 13, 2022 11:27 PM

[quote]why run the cash through a bank??

And do you think that he can just drop thousands in cash on this or that and nobody will notice? Especially with his current notoriety? Who even does large cash transactions anymore?

by Anonymousreply 226October 13, 2022 11:42 PM

Two words: offshore accounts. Everyone over a certain income level has them. Remember the leaks a few years ago? Even the Queen had one!

by Anonymousreply 227October 14, 2022 12:36 AM

Not the Queen!

by Anonymousreply 228October 14, 2022 12:47 AM

POV of the trial from a father who has lost a child to gun violence. Heartbreaking.

I hope there is a Hell so Jones, his supporters, and his apologists can burn in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 14, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote]Who even does large cash transactions anymore?

I does!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 14, 2022 2:33 AM

R230, bookies don't take debit/credit.

by Anonymousreply 231October 14, 2022 2:40 AM

When all eyes are on you, it's impossible to hide any transactions and acquisitions. Even when Alex buys gum at a gas station, he's going to be asked where the money came from he bought the gum with.

Alex Jones is a typical pawn with no real connections to shield him from persecution. Guys like Matt Gaetz on the other hand have a rich daddy with connections to help his son out.

by Anonymousreply 232October 14, 2022 8:38 AM
by Anonymousreply 233October 14, 2022 10:44 AM

I think since this is a civil trial, they can’t demand Jones’ passport, but the truly only way he can avoid paying this is if he left the country and went to live in one that didn’t have any reciprocity agreements with the US. That way he could spend whatever money he had in offshore accounts.

by Anonymousreply 234October 14, 2022 12:04 PM

[quote]nitwit, many many car dealers accept bitcoins as payment

And WTF is he going to do with that car, nitwit? How will he keep his creditors from finding and seizing it?

by Anonymousreply 235October 14, 2022 12:04 PM

Stop feeding the Bitcoin troll!

by Anonymousreply 236October 14, 2022 12:15 PM

He's going to have a nice house and a nice car and still live far better than most of us because life isn't fair and you can't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 237October 14, 2022 12:45 PM

^ So, Alex Jones can be the new Ruth Madoff living on $1.5 million in Connecticut

by Anonymousreply 238October 14, 2022 12:49 PM

[quote]He's going to have a nice house and a nice car and still live far better than most of us because life isn't fair and you can't do anything about it.

Maybe, but he certainly will feel the sting of bitterness at the millions he pissed away every time he spends a dime. I can live with that.

by Anonymousreply 239October 14, 2022 2:15 PM

One thing he can count on is there’ll be a super long line of people waiting to piss on his grave when he dies. They’ll have to weight his coffin down to keep it from floating away.

by Anonymousreply 240October 14, 2022 2:38 PM

^ I hope his grave is near Trump's. I can only drink so much beer to reload

by Anonymousreply 241October 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Just saw this at JoeMyGod. Can you believe this is Alex Jones before he became a bloated sack of dog shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 14, 2022 5:32 PM

I thought he was always a great big fat person

by Anonymousreply 243October 14, 2022 5:34 PM

I remember several years back he went on a diet and body building plan and got pretty fit relatively fast. But it didn't last long. He's eating and drinking his sorrows away these days, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 244October 14, 2022 5:40 PM

All R242's picture shows is that bodybuilders, along with pron stars, are some of the most fucked up people, emotionally and mentally) on the face of the planet.

by Anonymousreply 245October 14, 2022 5:52 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 14, 2022 5:59 PM

^ These two look like twins... Kids, don't do roids

by Anonymousreply 247October 14, 2022 6:00 PM

I’m sorry I haven’t read entire thread - but I’m sure someone’s mentioned there’s an appeal process to go through.

Natalie Lawyer Chick has good analysis of this trial.

[bold]01:28:00 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 14, 2022 6:07 PM

Does he still have a show? Or is he done?

by Anonymousreply 249October 15, 2022 4:59 AM

Bit chilling.

by Anonymousreply 250October 15, 2022 7:51 AM

Political passion means no restraint. His "77 was an inside job" program was actually good. But when he signed up for QAnon and ridiculous stuff like Sandy Hook, it was clear he'd just become another whore for the right. Sandy Hook was a particularly dangerous choice as that is one of the richest places in the U.S. They certainly had the means to outlast him.

by Anonymousreply 251October 15, 2022 5:14 PM

Why is the fat slob still on the air? Do the defendants have to wait for the appeal to collect their money? Could be a couple more years and more time for Jones to hide his money.

You guys remember the defamation lawsuit of a bakery vs. some University? The University waited years to pay the settlement and when they finally paid, all the original owners were already dead.

Get your money, guys!

by Anonymousreply 252October 15, 2022 10:21 PM

I don’t know that staying on the air helps his “bankrupt” claims… but whatever, Heather.

by Anonymousreply 253October 16, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote]some University

How very dare you, r252!

by Anonymousreply 254October 16, 2022 12:42 AM

Good. Justice served.

by Anonymousreply 255October 16, 2022 12:43 AM

Yeah the people who owned the bakery died in anger and humiliation with lives ruined and the people who fucked them over happily moved on with theirs.

by Anonymousreply 256October 17, 2022 3:13 AM

So Jones keeps on grifting, making a lot of money, hiding it and nothing can be done?

by Anonymousreply 257October 17, 2022 3:15 AM

Couldn't a forensic accountant find his money?

by Anonymousreply 258October 17, 2022 3:16 AM

[quote] So Jones keeps on grifting, making a lot of money, hiding it and nothing can be done?

No. Given how much he owes (pending appeals, of course) the attorneys for the plaintiffs will be relentless. He’ll be under a microscope for the rest of his life, any attempt to access any hidden assets will likely result in their confiscation. If he can’t touch his assets without having them seized, hiding them won’t do him much good.

by Anonymousreply 259October 17, 2022 4:12 AM

Joe Rogan's head looks like a boil about to burst

by Anonymousreply 260October 17, 2022 10:16 AM

He was good looking once. You have to be black to get away with a bald head. Everyone else looks like a boil ready to burst.

by Anonymousreply 261October 17, 2022 10:36 AM

He does, R260.

by Anonymousreply 262October 17, 2022 10:40 AM

'Jones signaled he intends to avoid paying the Sandy Hook families by keeping them in court through the appeals process as he attempts to delay his payout or even lower the amount he owes.'

In other words this can go on for years. He can keep making money and spending it freely with little if any financial repercussians.

by Anonymousreply 263October 17, 2022 12:39 PM

The plaintiffs' attorneys will hire a professional debt collector who will be entitled to a percentage of all they collect, and the debt collector(s) will hound him for the rest of his life. It's a HUGE amount of money at stake, Jones is worth million$, and debt collectors will chase him like sharks. He's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 264October 17, 2022 2:53 PM

^And the applicable legal interest rate on the debt will make the amount owed sky-rocket on such a large principal amount.

by Anonymousreply 265October 17, 2022 2:59 PM

"Unlike most judgments against a defendant, punitive damages awards are not dischargeable in bankruptcy so long as the relevant cause of action was based upon willful and malicious actions."

by Anonymousreply 266October 17, 2022 3:01 PM

Sorry if this has been answered already, but on the BBC report about this they say Jones & his company are worth about $270m. So where will the other 695 million come from?

by Anonymousreply 267October 17, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote] where will the other 695 million come from?

Coming Soon: Alex Jones OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 268October 17, 2022 3:11 PM

R252 I remember it because it wasn't long ago. And Oberlin has not paid. In fact, you don't remember it, because EVERYTHING you pulled out of your ass in your post is WRONG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 17, 2022 5:50 PM

Future earnings.

by Anonymousreply 270October 17, 2022 6:59 PM

So Oberlin has paid nothing. Seems like these damage awards have no enforcement. Jones is still laughing at these people. And he can keep appeals going for years. Seems like there a number of very naive people on DL.

by Anonymousreply 271October 17, 2022 8:50 PM

there 'are'

by Anonymousreply 272October 17, 2022 11:17 PM

but you know cunts like him have their money hidden away or in names of their kids or family members

by Anonymousreply 273October 18, 2022 12:20 AM

Alex Jones settled with Chobani and was made to pay for the disgusting lies he told about them, so I can't see how they can't be vigilant now.

by Anonymousreply 274October 18, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote]but you know cunts like him have their money hidden away or in names of their kids or family members

What good will that do him if he can’t get to it without it being taken away?

by Anonymousreply 275October 18, 2022 1:35 AM

Even if he pulls a Trump and plans to extend litigation to avoid paying up (like a coward pussyboy), he will only always be welcomed by fellow scum. He will never be "successful", again. His base of grifts will go broke or die off.

And the Sandy Hook parents have the rest of their lives to wait him out. To follow him wherever he hides. To the their truth, the REAL truth. Their fellows, who have lost children and loved ones to gun violence, will be at their side, telling everyone with open eyes what a piece of shit Jones is, was, and will always be. What he's done to those people will rightful hound him and everyone who supports him.

And, should he outlive the greiving parents he slandered-- they who lost the most, who he set his rabid trash upon-- his besmirched, revolting face, name, actions will live on

by Anonymousreply 276October 18, 2022 1:56 AM

I wonder if instead of cash, he buys diamonds and other items that are easy hide...

by Anonymousreply 277October 18, 2022 6:45 AM

Why can’t they just put this bastard in a tough and violent jail until they have gotten to the bottom of his finances. Then when they have the $1 billion let him out, that should take many years and hopefully he will be dead or murdered before then.

by Anonymousreply 278October 18, 2022 7:44 AM

Yes I don't understand why people who are legally bound to pay aren't thrown into jail until they pay. It makes no sense. Why aren't there liens put against buildings like the library at Oberlin College? And why do appeals take years? And even if Jones is able to make the money and hide it but doesn't have access to it it will be a very satisfying fuck you for him.

by Anonymousreply 279October 18, 2022 8:49 AM

[Quote][R252] I remember it because it wasn't long ago. And Oberlin has not paid. In fact, you don't remember it, because EVERYTHING you pulled out of your ass in your post is WRONG.

What is your problem? I don't remember anyone attacking you personally. Are you that unpleasant in real life too?

by Anonymousreply 280October 18, 2022 12:42 PM

Yes he should get a new trial so the damages can be upped to 2b. The award of 1b is not nearly enough for the damage he has done to the 15 litigants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 23, 2022 9:51 AM

[quote]I don't understand why people who are legally bound to pay aren't thrown into jail until they pay.

Because we don’t have debtor’s prisons. Because our jails are overcrowded as it is.

by Anonymousreply 282October 23, 2022 2:08 PM

[quote] but you know cunts like him have their money hidden away or in names of their kids or family members

The Sandy Hook lawyers can find it. In the judgment collection process, they can depose Jones under oath, so each time he lies or misleads he's just adding to his liability. Any house he bought for anyone can be seized. They can even take his retirement savings.

by Anonymousreply 283October 23, 2022 3:21 PM

Unfortunately he's well-prepared to live off stored fat for years.

Doesn't an appeals trial give him another chance to slander and sic his deranged followers on a new judge, this time maybe one that won't hesitate to throw him in jail for contempt of court? Go ahead and roll those dice, Alex!

by Anonymousreply 284October 23, 2022 5:07 PM

Maybe he's stress eating packing on the pounds and getting fatter.

by Anonymousreply 285October 23, 2022 6:12 PM

I know where this asshole lives in Austin. I hope he'll have to sell off his $2 million house off Bunny Run.

by Anonymousreply 286October 23, 2022 6:29 PM

Is that why he’s such a giant bitch? Because he used to be hot and now he’s a fat fuck and it drove him crazy? Sad!

I hope the long gloved arm of the law shoved up his ass into his wallet and stays there for eternity. They should have also awarded the Sandy Hook parents a kick to that fat cunt’s nuts as well as the cash amount.

by Anonymousreply 287October 23, 2022 6:30 PM

I went to a Beto anti-gun rally in Austin a couple of years ago and asshole Jones showed up with his megaphone. He was scared of Beto though and kept his distance. A bunch of Beto fangirls chased him off. He's a big, fat wimp.

by Anonymousreply 288October 23, 2022 6:45 PM

we do have defacto debtor prisons but they do NOT apply to the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 289October 23, 2022 8:42 PM

I just looked at the OP photo. Half his face looks like a sharpei! He needs a lot of Botox. It's scary weird..

by Anonymousreply 290October 24, 2022 4:34 AM

^ He NEEDS to be walking down a busy highway, wearing nothing more than a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 291October 24, 2022 2:28 PM

Judge orders Alex Jones to pay $473 million more to Sandy Hook families

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 10, 2022 8:49 PM

Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 293November 10, 2022 9:04 PM

Like they'll see a penny of it. It's all hidden and he'll go on grifting and he and his family will go on living a luxurious lifestyle. The Trump playbook. Destroy people, cheat and pay no consequences.

by Anonymousreply 294November 11, 2022 12:23 PM

It won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 295November 11, 2022 1:25 PM

Alex Jones is the ultimate example that I point to when people try to make the point that words don’t really matter. Even more than Trump. Short of the most vicious kind of premeditated, violent crimes, I honestly can’t think of a worse thing to do then deliberately spreading lies about murdered children and the grieving parents left behind. For power and profit. And I don’t buy for one second that he actually believed any of his own lies.

When you really stop to think about it, what he did almost defies belief. The sheer cruelty of it all. What happens to a human being along the way that they can justify doing what he did/does? What a stinging indictment of the current Republican Party that this …creature actually rose to a position of power and prestige-even reverence-within those circles.

by Anonymousreply 296November 11, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote]Like they'll see a penny of it.

The plaintiffs' attorneys are going to hire top notch debt collectors to go after him. With this kind of money at stake, they'll pull out all of the stops to get a piece of it. And there's only so much you can do to hide assets, you can't hide property or vehicles. And if he files for bankruptcy (as he likely will) any lies of commission or omission will torpedo it.

by Anonymousreply 297November 11, 2022 4:21 PM

If Alex Jones professes to be a Christian, then he is going to have some SERIOUS explaining to do at the Pearly Gates.

by Anonymousreply 298November 11, 2022 4:23 PM

Sadly there is no such thing(which Alex Jones knows despite claiming he's a Christian just like Trump.) He will go to oblivion leaving enormous harm in his wake with little if any punishment.

by Anonymousreply 299November 11, 2022 4:39 PM

R298 If there was such a thing as heaven and hell he would be going straight to the bowels of hell.

by Anonymousreply 300November 11, 2022 4:41 PM

Not a fan of Alex Jones for obvious reasons, but these numbers are just ridiculous at this point. The courts should really help enforce the judgments and get the families some money instead of adding ridiculous amounts these families will likely never get.

by Anonymousreply 301November 11, 2022 5:39 PM

There is nothing more obscene or ridiculous than what Alex Jones did to these families. The problem is like most rich people he has his money in offshore shell companies, so it will be very difficult getting anything of this. The families will likely end up getting garnished income from new earnings instead.

by Anonymousreply 302November 11, 2022 6:09 PM

They should get all his income and if he is still living above the poverty level they should examine and see exactly where every penny is coming from.

But will this happen? No.

by Anonymousreply 303November 12, 2022 2:41 PM

This makes the Dominion lawsuit of fox news very interesting. I hope they destroy fox.

by Anonymousreply 304November 12, 2022 2:56 PM

If the GOP wins the House Alex won't have to pay a dime.

by Anonymousreply 305November 12, 2022 8:22 PM

Picture it: Alex Jones gets his EBT card denied while trying to buy Slim Jims and Popov vodka.

by Anonymousreply 306November 12, 2022 8:27 PM

But of course. I'm sure the litigants and their letters are all ready for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307December 2, 2022 2:31 PM

Better get on the stroll and make that money to repay your victims!

by Anonymousreply 308December 2, 2022 2:36 PM

He's filed for bankruptcy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 2, 2022 2:47 PM

So does this just mean he lives of off-shore accounts and doesn't have to pay anything?

Figures.

by Anonymousreply 310December 2, 2022 3:21 PM

Fat Fuck obviously eats a lot. Busted down to generic canned catfood, ha ha!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 311December 2, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote]So does this just mean he lives of off-shore accounts and doesn't have to pay anything?

No. He's going to be living under a microscope having to account for everything he buys, every dollar he spends. Any assets he acquires will be subject to confiscation.

by Anonymousreply 312December 2, 2022 3:27 PM

Would this mean the end of his show? Can he keep running it if someone else picks up the operating costs?

by Anonymousreply 313December 2, 2022 3:30 PM

He always looks like he's about to bust wide open...explode, like a pressure cooker.

by Anonymousreply 314December 2, 2022 3:57 PM

R313 I'd like hin to keep running his show and beg money from his listeners to pay off the victims. It would be a death by a thousand cuts.

by Anonymousreply 315December 2, 2022 4:38 PM

Unless he ends up living in a shack with a dirt floor and food stamps he's going to get away with this bankruptcy ruse. He's not going to be hounded and those around him are not going to be examined enough for it to make any difference.

by Anonymousreply 316December 3, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]He's not going to be hounded and those around him are not going to be examined enough for it to make any difference.

Are you serious? He owes over a billion dollars, and there are hungry lawyers out there looking for a piece of the pie. They will do whatever they have to to get as much of that amount as they can, and they have wide latitude in how they do it. How much will end up going to the families remains to be seen, but they’re going to make him pay.

by Anonymousreply 317December 3, 2022 1:14 AM

If he's hidden his worth in offshore shell companies, it will take a lot of sleuthing to find where the money is. But the lawyers of victims families can find a way to put a liens on almost all his new income.

by Anonymousreply 318December 3, 2022 1:25 AM

Keep in mind that the bankruptcy court requires a full disclosure of all assets and liabilities. If he lied about any of it the bankruptcy can be vacated. It’s also a felony and can result in prosecution. Remember what happened to the Guidices.

by Anonymousreply 319December 3, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]If he's hidden his worth in offshore shell companies, it will take a lot of sleuthing to find where the money is. But the lawyers of victims families can find a way to put a liens on almost all his new income.

If I were one of the people suing him, I'd be okay with millions being socked away where he could never access it, and then eventually going to his heirs, as long as he never got to enjoy any of the money he made off human misery and conspiracy theories himself. Stamping Jones into the dirt would be FAR more important to me than benefiting personally.

by Anonymousreply 320December 3, 2022 9:52 PM

^ Why not both?

Why should you be ok if his heirs got to enjoy his money? You'd feel differently if you stood to gain millions.

by Anonymousreply 321December 4, 2022 8:23 AM

Yeah why should his heirs get to enjoy it? If they took his money they are in on it. Let them all wallow in penury.

by Anonymousreply 322December 4, 2022 9:28 AM

I'll let y'all know when his $2.5 million house off Bunny Run in Austin goes into foreclosure.

by Anonymousreply 323December 4, 2022 7:03 PM

[quote] Jones said that even if a judge granted him a $1.3 million salary, he eventually would not be able to afford food.

Where does he shop for his groceries?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 20, 2022 9:59 PM

Ruin him - it's the only way to shut up these whack jobs.

by Anonymousreply 325December 20, 2022 10:05 PM

He’s demanding his audience give him more money!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 20, 2022 10:14 PM

Alex Jones looks like a piece of beef jerky that's been soaked in a glass of water overnight.

by Anonymousreply 327December 20, 2022 10:15 PM

When they cast the trump movie, they should cast Will Sasso as Jones.

This list is spot on:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328December 20, 2022 10:23 PM

I think Groban is far too warm and human-looking to play Jared Kushner. Maybe Cillian Murphy would be a good pick, or that chameleon-eyed kid from The Power of the Dog.

by Anonymousreply 329December 22, 2022 1:29 AM

Jones is so fucking FAT that he probably gorges himself on hundreds of dollars worth of junk food every day.

Disgusting blob!

by Anonymousreply 330December 24, 2022 1:14 AM

Is he behind bars yet? Has he paid up?

by Anonymousreply 331February 12, 2023 12:49 PM

I wonder how many years it will be tied up in appeal.

by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2023 1:15 PM

Recently, he said Kari Lake was currently the governor of Arizona. He also claims he was at was at a restaurant having lunch and a bunch of liberals of different races came up to him (with tears in their eyes) saying "you're were right."

With him, I can't tell how much of this stuff is genuine craziness or grifting.

by Anonymousreply 333May 24, 2023 1:23 PM

It’s both, r333.

by Anonymousreply 334May 24, 2023 5:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!