Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I died of boredom in Genoa City!

I did!

One has to drive to Madison for anything resembling some fine dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 22, 2022 5:36 AM

Her son is the spitting image of her. His name is escaping me, but I know he was on a law show.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2022 9:10 PM

That is her son in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2022 9:13 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2022 9:14 PM

Dear God in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2022 9:20 PM

Corbin Bernsen

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2022 9:23 PM

When they cast TSJ as Tucker, they should have played some history and reenacted his mother, Kay Chancellor's onscreen face lift with his character.

That would explain why Tucker now looks 20 years younger than the last two actors who played the character.

Other Genoa City residents would comment on how Incredible & Amazing Tucker looks. Victor would chide Tucker for being vain, but Tucker would call Victor jealous, suggesting that Victor might want to look into hip and knee replacement while he's at it.

Half the bitches in Genoa City would want to know who Tucker's plastic surgeon is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2022 9:35 PM

Nikki could do a storyline where she donates fat to some needy implant victim.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2022 9:36 PM

Nikki and Zapata will be performing tricks in Chancellor Park to raise funds for a new writer.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2022 9:41 PM

I watch it because I'm familiar with the actors, and enjoy seeing them. I am very much enjoying the debut of Noah's pecs!

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2022 9:55 PM

Kay Chancellor was a cunt's cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2022 10:23 PM

Noah's pecs! I want pictures!

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2022 10:48 PM

Who's young and who's restless in Genoa City these days?

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2022 10:52 PM

I can't believe this show is still on the air. I thought soaps had gone the way of the dinosaur.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2022 10:56 PM

Do you think Jill ever ate out Duchess's pussy? I'm betting she did.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2022 10:58 PM

Jeanne took out her choppers and gave Beau Kayser blowjobs. Are there and vids of that out there?

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2022 11:36 PM

I am forever YOUNG AND RESTLESS. The show de-aged my magnificent character from when the alcoholic played her, so naturally they must de-age my son! Love, Scoche

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2022 11:55 PM

Fun fax: her vagine inspired the Victor's home dungeon story! Fax!

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2022 12:06 AM

Who’s playing Noah these days? Have they finally made the character gay?

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2022 12:10 AM

R18 Rory Gibson is playing Noah now. And unfortunately, they're not making him gay, or even bisexual.

They had the perfect opportunity in the last couple weeks to make his mysterious "ex" from London be a guy, but it turned out to be a woman. So now Noah has a girlfriend (Allie) and an ex-girlfriend (Audra) in town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2022 12:25 AM

Oh my dears, I have not updated you in so long! You have seen that my dear son Tucker has returned to Genoa City. Our storyline, like all of mine as Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy, has taken off like wildfire. There are discussions about renaming the show to THE SCOCHE AND THE RESTLESS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2022 1:14 AM

Jeanne debuted in Jan 74 as Kay. She claims Bell hired her to save the show, lol.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2022 1:16 AM

Well, Kay and Jill (and Phillip) kinda did save the show those first couple of years. It's what people talk about and still remember most. The Leslie-Brad-Lorie material was okay, but pretty standard.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2022 2:28 AM

OMG! That FAT fucker Casey Hutch wants to write for Y&R. lolololololololol That fat slob won’t go beyond his current gig: setting up books at Barnes & Noble. The fat fool is delusional. Fucken idiot.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2022 10:47 AM

He's so old now he farts dust, but oh to be on that set when John McCook's huge pass around penis was, well, being passed around.

I wonder if it was bigger than Michael "self suck" Corbett's.......

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2022 6:51 PM

Corbett and Bierdz were on Y&R at the same time...

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2022 7:05 PM

As was Terry Lester. A trifecta of gays!

By the way, Thom Bierdz, who used to post online regularly, has been offline for months. Anyone know why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2022 7:17 PM

I never cared for the Tucker McColl character before. I always thought he was a waste of screen time who added nothing to the show. s good an actor as Stephen Nichols is, he never made the character work for me.

Yet, here Trevor St. John comes along and I already like the character. I'm intrigued by what he's up to and really enjoying TSJ's performance.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2022 7:52 PM

John Abbott really would marry anybody the cat dragged in.

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2022 7:58 PM

I always thought this was about that famous psychotherapist and his work with wrestlers.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2022 8:08 PM

The rumors about the actors on Y&R were abundant. Well before any of them came out it was well known Lester liked cock - and eventually became a "dinge queen" (someone else's words, not mine).

Don Diamont was/is primarily straight but networked with a lot of gay men and was known not to say no to a good BJ, especially if he thought it might connect him with a casting director or producer.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2022 8:18 PM

[quote] By the way, Thom Bierdz, who used to post online regularly, has been offline for months. Anyone know why?

R25 He's too insane to follow, but I just checked his FB and he posts frequently. One of his posts today has him pimping his cosmetic surgeon in Palm Desert. As if.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2022 9:20 PM

Corbett and Bierdz fucked like rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2022 9:24 PM

I hope Nate actor is at least bi in real life😍

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2022 9:35 PM

yeah i wanna smell his pits

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2022 9:37 PM

What is a dinge queen?

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2022 9:39 PM

I’d checked Bierdz’ instagram and Twitter which he hasn’t updated, R31.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2022 9:41 PM

R36 Like I wrote, he's posting at FrauBook regularly, several posts just today alone. And yesterday, he posted about Angela Lansbury with some personal story, because he appeared in two episodes of Murder She Wrote back in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2022 10:01 PM

Yes, I checked after you said that. I was surprised he was no longer using the other two platforms.

It’s too bad he feels he needs all of these cosmetic procedures. He lives in the woods for God’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2022 10:42 PM

Speaking of Thom ... NuTucker is now almost a decade younger than PC3 .. LOL

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2022 12:00 AM

I was watching the Y&R episode from Monday (10/10/22). Nikki and Tucker were together at a table at Society. Tucker was facing the window and lounge area of the restaurant. During the scene there was a young, attractive black man sitting on the lounge area sofa. It appeared that Tucker could not take his eyes off the young man. It was really strange. Tucker was talking to Nikki, but he kept looking over at the young guy (who was an extra).

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2022 1:36 AM

R23 people said the same thing about WGA and daytime Emmy winner Jamey Giddens

What’s your goal in life?

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2022 2:07 AM

Terry Lester was great as the original Jack Abbott.

I am enjoying Trevor St. John, though he is too young to play the character, Tucker McCall.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2022 2:29 AM

R35

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote] I am enjoying Trevor St. John, though he is too young to play the character, Tucker McCall.

The bags under his eyes the size of Iceland beg to differ

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2022 3:45 PM

R41 please don't engage the mentally ill loon. That person is deeply troubled and obsesses about other people in a way that should be brought to the attention of the authorities.

He's harassing the person he mentioned at R23 and a few other posters on other boards, including a woman who has a neurological illness, by name. He's so demented he rants about them here, as if anyone knows them or cares about his pet peeves. I really hope he's charged with harassment soon.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2022 3:48 PM

I watched the first few days of TSJ, but he's not going to make keep watching. There needs to be a new team at the helm.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2022 4:16 PM

R44, Trevor is 51, The character ’of Tucker should be in their 70’s the same age as Jill Abbot or Stephen Nichols. who created the role.

R35 “Dinge Queen” is an antiquated pejorative phrase to describe white men who prefer Black Men. That phrase is offensive. How old are you that you use language like that, 75?

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2022 5:06 PM

Taking Tucker down an ENTIRE generation basically fucks up the majority of the character's history, so what's the point? .. This Younger Tucker apparently fathered DuhVon when he was 14, and is till pining over 63-year old Ashley. .. lol .. It's so wacky that if they wanted TSJ that bad, they might as well have just created a brand new character for him.

Every time I see that old balcony set that they're now using again, I think of Avery shoving Joe Clark over it with him falling in a dumpster. What a bizarre story that led into.

Now that Adam's been rejected by Sally AGAIN (this is getting boring), can he just go down to the Jabot mail room and find a hot twink to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2022 7:59 PM

R47 Are you illiterate, or just slow to comprehend the written word?

I said "someone else's words, not mine." Supposedly, Terry himself called himself a dinge queen.

What's more, the Urban Dictionary listing makes it very clear that it's an old term and not in favor now.

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2022 8:12 PM

R45 cuttabitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2022 9:50 PM

I believe Jill was 18 when the show premiered, so she would be 67 now and so would Tucker. I'm not sure why they just didn't create a new character for TSJ, hell it would have even made more sense if he played Nikki and Paul's son. It would have made an interesting story Nikki's kid helping Diane.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2022 9:58 PM

67?!?!

Are you fucking kidding me???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2022 10:13 PM

R45

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2022 1:21 AM

KooKoo is stinking up the SON joint, but mostly on the Days board. And she’s psycho about F’Anne Heche. The nut leaves Y&R alone. Thank GOD F’Anne Heche was never on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2022 1:57 AM

shhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2022 2:11 AM

I can't believe they'd recast a character and make them younger!

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2022 2:12 AM

It was different with Mike Horton, they just made him his correct age with the recast. This is more akin to the Nicole Drake situation on Edge of Night.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2022 2:24 AM

Lisa Sloan was the only Nicole knew. I came to EDGE late. She and Miles seems like a stable couple. of course, we had Mike and Nancy, the definition of stable, but for some reason I loved Nicole and Miles.

I can see people who only new Maeve M. in the role were sad to see her go and could never accept anyone else.

What an ugly way to go too -- poisoned makeup? So avoidable. Dear God.

For years, I couldn't figure out what happened to little Adam Drake, Jr. who first lost his dad then, his mom; someone on a message board said he was being raised by April and Draper in London (Paris?), which seemed like an odd choice. Or is there a familial connection I don't know about beyond Miles and April being siblings.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2022 3:40 AM

I believe Adam was adopted by Miles. He just went to live with Draper and April, because that's how they handled soap kids back then. You send them off and they come back in a few years as hot teens.

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2022 3:48 AM

R45, so Nelson ISN'T dead?

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2022 4:04 AM

R60 the loon isn't Nelson. And yes, Nelson's dead.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2022 4:05 AM

NuNoah is a puffy dwarf. I can't rub one out thinking of a revolting hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2022 4:12 AM

R61, it was a joke. or an attempt at one. I shouldn't have...not speaking ill of the dead et. al. but Nellie went after me once unjustified.

So....as Bette said about Joan on Carson....'Good!'

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2022 4:14 AM

[quote] NuNoah is a puffy dwarf. I can't rub one out thinking of a revolting hobbit.

Soaps really seem to struggle with finding hot young guys.

They've managed a few here and there at DAYS but Y&R is so filled with fuggos.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2022 4:17 AM

Nellie was a nasty, vile asshole. We’re still cheering!!! Such Karma. He got what he deserved!!!! Cheering happily!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2022 5:11 AM

I think NuNoah is hot but they can't seem to write for him.

Hot guys on soaps are Chase, Johnny on DAYS (those arms!), Thomas Forrester, Nick Newman, and umm...well, I like Cody Bell but I might be alone.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2022 5:28 AM

Has anyone noticed how horrible the actor is who plays Tucker? He never fucking looks at any actor he is with! 90% of the time he is looking away, up or down. I have never wanted to throw someone into a live volcano like this fucking goof. Nick does it too but not as much.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2022 9:37 AM

Don't stress, R67 . I'm sure St. John will be looking for an out soon, just like Burgi and Newman before him.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2022 9:40 AM

He is a horrible fucking "actor". He is not cute or pretty. What fucking retard hired this cunt! I wanna stab her ten trillion times.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2022 9:53 AM

r66 guess I need to look for those arms!

by Anonymousreply 70October 15, 2022 1:15 PM

For R70 .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 15, 2022 1:21 PM

damn! Thanks r71

by Anonymousreply 72October 15, 2022 1:24 PM

Honestly TSJ did not look as young as you bitches are implying he is. He could pass for a Tucker who changed his lifestyle and gave up the booze and smokes, while taking up healthy eating and exercise.

by Anonymousreply 73October 15, 2022 2:18 PM

I'm concerned that Y&R is turning into a bubble of itself. I'm honestly sick of mainly the Newmans and sometimes the Abbotts getting main (repeated) storylines, while even original/old school characters have to take a backseat (Paul, Jill). Thought there was hope with Theo character being a link and doorway to one of the original families getting a place on canvas again (would've made Y&R come full circle) but then they shipped him off to Paris and went back to same old recycled Newman stories.

by Anonymousreply 74October 15, 2022 2:28 PM

After the way Josh shit on Days 50th anniversary, I can't imagine what he has in store for Y&R's 50th.

by Anonymousreply 75October 15, 2022 2:34 PM

Bring Me back, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2022 2:35 PM

Nothing R75 . He's been at the helm for several years, to resounding yawns. I'd welcome a serial killer storyline on Y&R.

Is R74 posting from 2007 (and I support that)? This show gets worse with each regime. I agree, Theo was great, and they could've easily made Dina's antics a product of undiagnosed schizophrenia, treatable with meds, rather than Alzheimers. They were good together, and her relationship with Kyle was special. The Rosales family being jettisoned was a fail. Griffith bringing back Chelsea, Chloe and Kevin resulted in nothing.

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2022 3:02 PM

R75, that no one at the network or production stepped in and said, Josh, you can have Ciara be raped but not on the Horton sofa; that's where Doug and Julie sit when the family hangs on the ornaments.

Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2022 3:12 PM

R71,

thank you.

by Anonymousreply 79October 15, 2022 3:13 PM

R67, the way Trevor's playing Tucker, I expect Tucker to just wander across the hall to THE PRICE IS RIGHT and act confused; 'a car? why would anyone bid on a car?'

by Anonymousreply 80October 15, 2022 3:14 PM

Part of the reason they have to recycle is the oldsters won't let go. I mean, even Jack Abbott is still dating beneath his age isn't he? Peter Bergman is 69. Dating a character twenty years younger would make her fifty.

I gave up because the stories were uninteresting and the sets and production values so cheap.

by Anonymousreply 81October 15, 2022 3:18 PM

they built a whole prison set and housed it with numerous extras when Nick went to prison for shooting Matt Clark.

Victor came in and beat up Shark before he could do Nick up the butt in the laundry room.

by Anonymousreply 82October 15, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote]they built a whole prison set and housed it with numerous extras when Nick went to prison for shooting Matt Clark.

They don't have that kind of money anymore.

by Anonymousreply 83October 15, 2022 3:33 PM

The new Tucker is awful. He has zero chem with Eileen.

by Anonymousreply 84October 15, 2022 4:02 PM

I've noticed the looking down too by TSJ and I trust it's an acting choice. Or did he do that with previous parts? My impression is that he does it when he wants to send a 'making amends' vibe (with Ashley, Jack, Devon) because when he's being a dick (with Diane) or talking about his business plans (with Audra) he looks up and is direct.

by Anonymousreply 85October 15, 2022 4:06 PM

I'm sorry that TSJ had to go back to soaps. But I guess everybody needs to eat.

by Anonymousreply 86October 15, 2022 4:10 PM

The loss of Ed Scott and Kay Alden is when the show noticeably began deteriorating. It’s never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 87October 15, 2022 4:20 PM

I get that no soap has tons of money, or can do what they did with sets.

But the Bell soaps are so repetitive that it boggles my mind. All of them are, really. With Y&R there is just no excitement. No one but no one cares about business stories.

There is no remaining bone marrow in anything that Victor/Nikki, or Victor/Jack can do. It will always be the same.

by Anonymousreply 88October 15, 2022 5:46 PM

[quote]No one but no one cares about business stories.

It's the wrong genre for it. Succession makes business stories incredibly engaging. Soaps should stick to family strife. Their writers aren't that good.

by Anonymousreply 89October 15, 2022 5:54 PM

The sizzling Sally/Nick romance is saving Y&R!!!!

by Anonymousreply 90October 15, 2022 6:14 PM

The business stories that did OK were a small, subtle frame to hang the family strife story on....but writers and the network started to believe the viewers wanted the business stuff, and forgot what it was all about.

In general, the soaps haven't kept up to 2022 or even 2002.

by Anonymousreply 91October 15, 2022 6:14 PM

Don't disagree, R91, but Y&R writers also plainly don't understand how business functions. They can't even keep consistent with whether their various companies are privately held or publicly traded. It's bad writing that is also a joke. And even then it's repetitive. Poor old Jabot was the equivalent of wife who couldn't get out of an abusive relationship. It was the Nikki of companies.

by Anonymousreply 92October 15, 2022 10:26 PM

B&B told a great business story

BeLieF me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 15, 2022 10:35 PM

They can always bring Dylan back.

by Anonymousreply 94October 15, 2022 10:37 PM

The show seems to be having problems with continuity. On Monday's episode, Diane went to Society to pick up her lunch. While there she saw Nikki and Tucker. She spoke with them briefly, and then she picked up her lunch and left. On Tuesday's episode, it was the same day, except it was about an hour later. Diane told someone that she was going to have lunch with Kyle at Society (the same place she just picked her lunch up from an hour earlier). On a different topic: I don't think there is a need for Kyle and Summer on the show at this point. They can go back to Italy to take care of business. While they're going, they can take Victor, Mariah, and Tessa with them.

by Anonymousreply 95October 15, 2022 11:04 PM

Sally is a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 96October 15, 2022 11:22 PM

The show is without direction! It is also without drama! It is as if they put a bunch of names in a cup for the day, toss it up, and create scenes for different combinations of people. But where is the thread? Where is the storytelling? Where is the manipulation of the audience to get them to laugh, cry, root for, root against, wait for? It's just a bunch of random scenes signifying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 97October 16, 2022 12:08 AM

R95 Agreed. No doubt the worst, most boring portrayal of lezzies in all cunnilingus history.

by Anonymousreply 98October 16, 2022 12:21 AM

I only watch for Adam. If he were to leave, I would stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 99October 16, 2022 12:26 AM

At this point, I think the network or production company should hire a co-head writer who does not have experience writing for daytime. They can hire a novelist, playwright, or short story writer who can bring something new to the table. I would even recommend that the show have a contest where people can submit long-term story ideas--and the winner gets a monetary prize and/or a one-year gig as a story consultant or junior writer with the show.

by Anonymousreply 100October 16, 2022 1:05 AM

GL tried that back on the day. Writing for daytime is such a beast and it’s easy to fail (to deliver scripts) do they won’t do that.

by Anonymousreply 101October 16, 2022 1:16 AM

[quote] They can hire a novelist, playwright, or short story writer who can bring something new to the table

I never understood why network never went after writer who write those Harlequin Romance novels - those writers would have new ideas for daytime

by Anonymousreply 102October 16, 2022 1:20 AM

As someone said they've set up this business structure where it's three companies and they just place everyone in their respective camps and put it on auto pilot, like the stories and the interactions are supposed to happen magically from there. Offices are for fucking and public places are for the daily showdown to order someone out of town. Most of the scenes are literally the same words over and over again. I keep up with about one show per week and Diane is still droning on about 'My Son Kyle' like we need that qualifier/reminder every time she says the name, and Nate whines about 'my ideas' with the vocabulary of a kindergartener. Adam is a shadow of his former stuff, begging a woman to take him back, who btw started fucking his brother in two seconds flat. Etc. etc. I wouldn't hire these people to mow my lawn let alone give them high-powered executive positions.

by Anonymousreply 103October 16, 2022 1:21 AM

They should just cancel all remaining soaps. They can’t ever recover with budgets bring cut all the time.

by Anonymousreply 104October 16, 2022 1:21 AM

The show is unwatchable now. No interesting stories. No couples to root for.

I agree the show is stagnant because the oldsters won't let go. We all know that Victor/Eric's refusal to relinquish top dog has hurt the show. Bergman just shows up and runs his hands through his hair and looks like he smelled a fart. MTS shows up and does that whispercoo talking that grates.

What made Jeanne Cooper so great as Katherine was she wasn't afraid to show different sides of Katherine. She was an example of a veteran character who was enjoyable to watch as she got older. And KC mixed well with the younger set.

by Anonymousreply 105October 16, 2022 1:31 AM

Adam can mow my lawn…shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 106October 16, 2022 1:33 AM

Y&R has a core, loyal audience made up of old people, black people, and southerners. They want Jack, Victor and Nikki, wash, rinse, repeat. The show strays too far from those 3 and they lose audience. I think they also like Devon, Adam, Sharon and Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 107October 16, 2022 1:50 AM

[quote] I think they also like Devon, Adam, Sharon and Phyllis.

Yes, I think you're right. I've never understood the appeal of Devon, but he's been on the show for almost 20 years so something's gotta give.

by Anonymousreply 108October 16, 2022 2:06 AM

R102, it's not only that, the dinosaur frau audience is primarily being catered to and they don't like anything out of the ordinary. I made the mistake of visiting their boards for a while

by Anonymousreply 109October 16, 2022 3:30 AM

Victor taking over Jabot was a simple story; you had to believe that Jack had the right idea to take the company public. Victor bought it to get even with Jack over Nikki.

Jack tried to leverage Nikki (!) whom he was married to to get Jabot back; Victor double crossed him.

Jack was driven to get Jabot back because he LOVED HIS FATHER and wanted to return the company to him, which he eventually did in 1999ish

Now, we have Phyllis and she wants a hotel because dammit Michelle is going to yell if we don't make it important to her.

Bill is either laughing or crying up in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 110October 16, 2022 4:51 AM

Mrs. Patsy Ramsey needs to come and deal with Harrison. STAT. Goldilocks seems to have a NyQuil IV. That kid can’t act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 111October 16, 2022 5:15 AM

^ So Ashland IS the biological dad!

by Anonymousreply 112October 16, 2022 5:36 AM

R108 I think DuhVon only got a fan base because of the lunatic LANE stans. .. They were sooooo into Lily and Cane that they started pimping DuhVon (and later Devon & Hilary) because they thought more screen time for DuhVon would equate to more screen time for their girl Lily. IOW, he was Lily adjacent. They didn't want any kind of story where Lily and Cane would suffer relationship problems of their own (i.e. what most soap couples go through), so the alternative was to have her get involved in DuhVon's.

by Anonymousreply 113October 16, 2022 8:06 AM

I think also the Devon actor has a good work ethic and he's been an ongoing cast member so it's easy to feature him. You've got people who treat the show like their revolving door only to come back when they figure out they're not going to be the next Judy Dench. But the actors playing Devon, Sharon, Nick, etc. sit back, work the banker's hours a few days a week, and collect the paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 114October 16, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote] Y&R has a core, loyal audience made up of old people, black people, and southerners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 16, 2022 4:45 PM

So the actor playing Adam is now dating the actress playing Sally?

Poor Sharon Case. That's gotta sting.

by Anonymousreply 116October 16, 2022 4:47 PM

The businesses as a backdrop are fine, but the stories based there are boring and poorly executed. Nate as a corporate saboteur? Good lord. And do we really need a weekly lecture from Vicsnoria about what a tough, capable badass businessperson she is? Shut up and go brush your hair.

by Anonymousreply 117October 16, 2022 5:22 PM

I think it was easier to buy the business stories when the sets, when it looked like they were actually working in big corporate offices and they played the stories as color to the relationships.

Is anyone old enough to remember after Jill's divorce she was decorating her office suite and then had that lineup of hot guys to interview to be her secretary. They made it fun.

by Anonymousreply 118October 16, 2022 5:27 PM

R116 I wouldn't assume the worst. It's been something like five or more months since the breakup. And Case herself hasn't had the best history where relationships are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 119October 16, 2022 6:46 PM

I do sort of look forward to each episode of Sharon: Coffeeshop Counselor

by Anonymousreply 120October 16, 2022 6:49 PM

Sharon should have a reserved booth in the corner that says, "The Doctor Is In."

by Anonymousreply 121October 16, 2022 7:27 PM

R97 that serial killer storyline almost got them canceled. Lol

R107 There is some similarity with Days in that certain audience members only want John,Marlena,Steve,Kayla,Roman,Victor,Maggie on everyday and don't care that much for the younger characters.

by Anonymousreply 122October 16, 2022 8:05 PM

Dumb Dylan can’t keep up with how many snatches Straight Grossman is eating! He fucks the actresses on the show. He’s not gay, dumb Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 123October 16, 2022 8:36 PM

R97 I don't think they can do long term story planning, or anything like it, because they only have about 8-10 actors on contract now. The rest are recurring.

Hard to write a story for A, B, C, D, E and F when only A and D are on contract, and the rest may or may not be available.

by Anonymousreply 124October 17, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote] At this point, I think the network or production company should hire a co-head writer who does not have experience writing for daytime. They can hire a novelist, playwright, or short story writer who can bring something new to the table.

That's worked maybe 25 percent of the time. It worked with Harding Lemay in the 70s and, while some people would disagree, Hogan Sheffer on As The World Turns in the 2000s.

And with Michael Malone at One Life to Live.

Sadly, all 3 of those men are dead, and so is any interest from any writer outside of daytime, because the pay is utter shit, and you can't so much as type "It's YOU!" without copious notes from the network.

by Anonymousreply 125October 17, 2022 4:29 AM

But that FAT pig Casey Hutch is chomping on his lasagne waiting to write for Y&R. The fat slob thinks he’s going to jump from setting up book displays at B&N to headwriting Y&R. Delusional. lolololololololololololololol

by Anonymousreply 126October 17, 2022 8:17 AM

Who the fuck is Casey Hutch?

by Anonymousreply 127October 17, 2022 9:44 AM

La Giddens’s lucrative gig on THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES has convinced all of the pimply and obese soap Twitter queens that they, too, can easily score a job in daytime television.

by Anonymousreply 128October 17, 2022 1:31 PM

I detest Sally. Talk about a network charity case. They wrote a role specifically for CH on BB and it bombed so much she was let go 3 times in 3 years and then she miraculously now finds herself in the bigger soap with a shiny NM CEO title being fought over the 2 Newman dicks. Boy does she have friends in high places.

Meanwhile they have actual talent like Sharon doing nothing but pushing coffee and propping her ex's relationship with that carnie bitch and continue to use Liz Hendrickson's Chloe as a footstool to her crappy knock offs Sally and Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 129October 17, 2022 1:45 PM

Casey Hutch is a FAT obese slob on twitter (per his own admission, 22 years old and 290 lbs!!) who works at Barnes & Noble setting up book displays and thinks he is going to write Y&R. He’s a moron. Daytime is not investing in new writers. And certainly daytime does not want a 22 year old fat fucken slob who sets up book displays.

by Anonymousreply 130October 17, 2022 1:48 PM

TOO BAD a kinky pervy wicked dirty relationship between wealthy 24/7 horny kate and the hunk brad never occurred! talk about the ultimate may/december sexual relationship!...

by Anonymousreply 131October 17, 2022 1:53 PM

The difference between Sally and Sharon is 20 years. What else can the writers do with Sharon? She's fucked every guy in the Newman family and the Abbott family. She's been crazy. She's had family issues. At some point those front burner heroines transition into coffee pourers. It's the circle life on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 132October 17, 2022 1:58 PM

R132 how about some exposure for the legacy characters, not the BB failures? Chelsea, Lily, Abby, Chloe ? I just do not get the love for CH....mediocre actor and looks wise....a bit of an acquired taste imo.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2022 2:05 PM

Oh, and Errol from SON put FAT slob Casey in his place. Obese Casey tweeted that Days is #3 on Peacock and Errol disputed fat Casey’s claim. I do NOT want fat Casey writing for Y&R! No no no no.

by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2022 2:06 PM

But he really wanted a job on Y&R r128.

by Anonymousreply 135October 17, 2022 2:07 PM

It was obvious they were headed toward Nick and Sharon again, til they weren't. Wonder what happened. I know the actors hate the pairing, and I believe it was contract renewal time for some folks, so wouldn't be surprised if they asked for different storylines/scene partners. Nick in particular is back at Newman already with a quasi murder and couch banging under his belt after years of self-righteously saying that the family business sucked and he wanted nothing to do with it. The character looks like a perv with the storyline and it does him no favors.

by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2022 2:16 PM

Josh Morrow hates the Nick/Sharon pairing and has said so publicly. I don't know why they just don't put Sharon with Adam, they have chemistry and it works.

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2022 2:19 PM

I think Josh Morrow still wants his characters to bang the ladies against walls, on desks, and everywhere like he's still in his 20's and it's hot. Look at his pairings with Michelle Stafford, all fucking and video games and bro talk and no substance. It's the same sort of vibe with Sally. She'll try to have a nice conversation and he's all about skinny dipping and innuendo. The character of Sharon is written like such a saintly do-gooder so the Nick/Sharon vibe is different, tho I think it fits where the actors are age-wise.

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2022 2:29 PM

Well, let's be honest. Josh Morrow still has it and can still get it.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2022 2:34 PM

I think he looks like a tool in the business suit. He comes off way better as a character when he's dressed down and trying to be funny. All this supposed great business acumen of his is just his big sister walking all over him.

by Anonymousreply 140October 17, 2022 2:39 PM

Nick and Sharon are snooze city afaic. And with their boring milquetoast kids they become The Waltons, so I get JM's aversion to that. I actually like the chem with him and Sally but the writing is godawful. Then thats true of nearly everything on this show. And if he and Sally don't work out, I'd still prefer him with Phyllis.

I am kind of hoping Tucker eventually ends up with Sharon at some time, she too needs something saucy because a Shick reunion won't do her any favors either.

by Anonymousreply 141October 17, 2022 3:44 PM

You look at this show and you can tell the writers have no view of the characters as people, just chess pieces, doing the same moves again and again and again. Or sometimes some entirely new moves that are unbelievable and indescribably stupid. But everybody associated is now just cashing the checks until there are no checks to cash.

by Anonymousreply 142October 17, 2022 3:49 PM

R130 I will literally take anyone over JG....there is more creative inpyt and artistic integrity in the dump I took this morning than anything he has peddled out in the last 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 143October 17, 2022 3:58 PM

I get it. 90% of the Y&R audience hasn't eaten solid food in a decade. But isn't CBS embarrassed by how shitty this show is?

And come for me fraus, but Sharon Case is to this show what Becky Herbst is to GH. Bad actors with good jobs. Bill Bell brought in new families and got rid of old ones to keep this show going, and it should've happened again 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 144October 17, 2022 4:31 PM

[quote] Who the fuck is Casey Hutch?

A soap blogger. The demented, deeply damaged mentally ill loon mentions people on its long shit list on this site by name.

Muriel needs to get rid of the loon or that loon will get someone in some serious legal trouble. Ranting about someone by their soap message board name (aka Vee) is one thing. Calling out people by their actual name is quite another.

by Anonymousreply 145October 17, 2022 4:39 PM

Bringing Diane Jenkins back to life and bringing Susan Walters back to play her has given Michelle Stafford a worthy sparring opponent. Also stimulated story for the whole Abbott clan as well as Victor and Nicki.

They need to bring back a sparring partner for Sharon as well. Perhaps Grace Turner should come back to town, although Jennifer Gareis isn't available as she's busy bedding Eric Foerster.

Or maybe bring Matt Clark back to life . Give both Sharon and Nick an opponent. Rick Hearst is available. Still looking fantastic, although he's let his hair go grey.

by Anonymousreply 146October 17, 2022 5:48 PM

R140 I laugh every time I see Nick in his "power suit."

He looks like a fish out of water. It just doesn't work.

And except for an occasional scene where she's casting a boardroom vote, Nikki shouldn't be working CFO or acting CEO of Newman either.

by Anonymousreply 147October 17, 2022 7:42 PM

"Nikki's Christmas Concerto in Chancellor Park" is a once in a lifetime musical experience for music and holiday lovers from all over Genoa City. Special guests include:

Songbird Tessa! warbling Silent Night on the stoop of Crimson Lights!

Michael Baldwin reading holiday selections from Armistead Maupin and David Sedaris!

Mariah, walking through town being mistaken for an actual ghost!

Phyllis as the Christmas serpent!

... and Harrison as mute elf!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2022 8:37 PM

Have they given Allie the "Abbott Family Breakfast" treatment yet?

With Ashley sticking around for awhile, now would be a good time.

I assume Jabottom and Summer would also join in. .. Leave Smurf Harrison out in the kitchen with Mrs. Martinez. Maybe he can choke on some bacon.

Of course, Abby and Allie won't eat more than one muffin, before they say they're full.

Traci can sip her 8 oz glass of orange juice and giggle about how wonderful family is until Aunt Jack and Ashley start bickering about something.

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2022 9:08 PM

The last time I watched the show was before and leading up to Jeanne Cooper’s death. I loved Jeanne and Mrs. Chancellor, but even she couldn’t make the show good at that time. I don’t think I care much for the remaining characters. The writing is just too poor and boring.

by Anonymousreply 150October 17, 2022 9:31 PM

[quote]Of course, Abby and Allie won't eat more than one muffin, before they say they're full.

In the JaBottom vow renewal episodes, I got a chuckle out of a scene with Allie.

Noah came into the living room saying he saved the final bite of an eclair for Allie. He put the eclair to her mouth . She pretended to take a bite of it, then Noah pulled it away. The final bite of the eclair was the exact same size when he pulled it away.

by Anonymousreply 151October 17, 2022 10:53 PM

R147 He's still got a great body but I think he's on the shorter side so he comes off looking pudgy, particularly in a suit. Add in the chubby cheeks, the unkempt scruff, and the hair that alternates between greasy and badly cut (or both) and it's a mess. He also doesn't talk like an executive. I wish he would find his ‘ing’s.’ Everything is ‘gonna,’ ‘workin,’ ‘relaxin.’ He sounds like a hobo who peels bananas with his feet, not someone who makes deals in the boardroom.

by Anonymousreply 152October 17, 2022 11:25 PM

“a hobo who peels bananas with his feet” 😂

by Anonymousreply 153October 17, 2022 11:31 PM

I still think there are a lot of stories to tell for Sharon. She hasn't reunited with her mother since she took up with Adam and became a pariah. But she's now redeemed. We also never met her father. When Rey died, Sharon's mourning scenes reminded me Sharon Case can bring soap magic when she's given good material.

I loved Sharon and Nick together when I was younger but I much prefer them as supportive friends. I think pairing Nick with Phyllis changed the course for them. I got so tired of the back-and-forth between Nick and Phyllis and Sharon. Plus, Nick cheated on Sharon with Phyllis at such a tragic time so it's hard to root for Nick and Sharon to be together. Plus you can tell Morrow's heart is not in it when Nick and Sharon are together, and Morrow is not a good actor to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 154October 18, 2022 12:16 AM

Why aren’t the lezzys on more often?

by Anonymousreply 155October 18, 2022 12:18 AM

They've written Mariah and Tessa into a corner. They just exist as a relationship now, even Tessa's job is basically gone and she's modeling at Jabot so they work together, they live together, and they are chained to each other in scenes. Same with Kyle and Summer.

by Anonymousreply 156October 18, 2022 12:22 AM

[quote] We also never met her father.

Sharon's father is dead. She and/or Doris may have mentioned this more than once early on, but I know there was a scene in 2003 when Sharon told Victor that.

It was around the time when Sharon and Nick were about to file for divorce. .. Victor was the only Newman who was supportive of her marriage to Nick. .. In one of their conversations she mentioned that Victor he was like a father to her because her own father was dead. .. This eventually led to the (in)famous scene where Sharon ended up kissing Victor, and due lies and embarrassment over the incident, ran off to parts unknown only to return a couple months later, because she'd been beaten up by Cameron Kirsten in Denver.

Recall, Case was in protracted contract negotiations and they had to write her out for awhile. Sharon fans were incensed over how they handled her exit. Not only had she kissed Victor, but then they made it appear like she'd abandoned her two kids.

by Anonymousreply 157October 18, 2022 1:03 AM

“I’m going to live until I die! … of boredom.”

by Anonymousreply 158October 18, 2022 1:22 AM

Major changes are afoot at SON!!! Dumb Dylan has the scoop! Kookoo is going to make the THE ANOTHER WORLD bench in central park her avatar! Vee is in the biz, you know! The biz! Pervsudz lives in a basement!

The soap twitter queens are going to write all of the soaps!!!

by Anonymousreply 159October 18, 2022 1:35 AM

At least they have Fucker McFail staying at the Genoa City Athletic Club.

It's far more classier than the same ol', same ol' Grand Phoenix Arizona Econolodge.

But where the hell is the GCAC steam room? It kills me when they build nice sets like that, then they just disappear! .. And shouldn't Tucker be getting in-room massages from a hot twunk?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 18, 2022 1:37 AM

It’s a race between Dumb Dylan and KooKooDora as to who’s dumber! That nut KooKoo started listing all of her dead relatives in the In Memoriam thread. What a whacko! And PervSudz and IckyVicky Fuckton are fighting over the straight male actors that they masturbate to. It’s quite a mess over there!!!!

by Anonymousreply 161October 18, 2022 1:59 AM

If I were given the opportunity to write for this show, first thing I would do is KILL VICTOR NEWMAN.

by Anonymousreply 162October 18, 2022 4:14 AM

They should have killed off Victor years ago. Victor/Eric Braeden's ego has held the show hostage.

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2022 4:26 AM

Fat fuck Casey Hutch wants to be Y&R’s headwriter. lololololololol

by Anonymousreply 164October 18, 2022 5:26 AM

They should have done a lift of the John / Jill / Jack story with 83-year old Peter Bergman as John. I never thought I'd quit watching Y&R. It isn't very good but you know the relationship. It's just drifted away from anything I want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 165October 18, 2022 3:02 PM

Rory Gibson has gotten engaged 💍 to his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 166October 18, 2022 3:57 PM

True story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 18, 2022 4:17 PM

They've been together since high school, so something like 10+ years now. One of those football player-cheerleader romances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 18, 2022 7:13 PM

Victor Newman is such a useless character. Since I can never understand what he is saying, I fast forward through his scenes. R142 makes such a good point. The characters make such hasty decisions that do not make any sense. An example is how quickly Elena has decided she can no longer be with Nate. She is annoying. I say let her go and bring back Imani.

by Anonymousreply 169October 18, 2022 10:27 PM

Get rid of Victor Newman and the show will lose what's left of the black audience that didn't leave when Victoria Rowell was fired.

by Anonymousreply 170October 18, 2022 10:29 PM

Every once in awhile I enjoy Victor. Like in the scene with Tucker the other day. I thought EB was pretty entertaining. But such scenes aren't really enough to justify playing him SO heavily.

I agree about "Elena." I've never understood the hoopla. That goes double for Mishael Morgan's repurposed "Hilary" as "Amanda." Of course, a lot of that has to do with her screen partner, DuhVon. .. I could maybe get into Imani, but the actress doesn't seem to want to commit to the show with a contract. Stories never go anywhere with these recurring thespians who are always looking for another paycheck outside of daytime. Now, they're letting Mishael Morgan do the same thing. Enough! .. If you can't commit to the show, then ADIOS! .. I don't think Bill Bell would have tolerated that. Recall, rather than change story, he'd even temporarily recast when actresses had to go on maternity leave. .. Storyline ruled.

by Anonymousreply 171October 18, 2022 10:44 PM

So where is Mischael Morgan? She hasn't been on the show since June or earlier. Is she sick? Is she filming a movie? Is she on maternity leave?

Why didn't the show just bring back Karla Mosely to play Amanda like it did when Mischael was gone last year?

I assume the Imani storyline can't move forward without Amanda there. That also leaves Devon with little to do. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I also assume the show hasn't offered a contract to Leigh-Ann Rose as Imani, which is why the actress is on recurring.

by Anonymousreply 172October 18, 2022 10:53 PM

Would anyone be interested in Doug Davidson returning as Paul?

Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 173October 18, 2022 11:13 PM

R172 Mishael has left the building, but apparently they;re letting her do the recurring-recurring bit. She says she made this decision last DECEMBER, so TPTB have more than likely known about her plans for quite for some time. .. Same old story, she wants to mix things up and spread her wings as an actress. .. I might guess they're treading lightly here, because of the brouhaha that developed when MM's contract-pay issues led to Mal Young killing Hilary off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 18, 2022 11:20 PM

R173 I really don't miss Paul at all. .. I thought I would, but I don't.

In fact, I miss his son, Ricky, more.

Remember when they had those monogrammed towels at the GCAC and it became customary for guys to do a hot shirtless scene wearing one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 18, 2022 11:30 PM

Blake Hood was another good actor that the show unceremoniously dumped. He played Kyle Abbott for only one year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 18, 2022 11:41 PM

Blake had a sexy swagger, but he was pretty green as an actor. I think that's what did him in. Problem is, his replacement (Hartley Sawyer) wasn't nearly as hot (actually kind of 'strange' looking) and not much better. (Did Sawyer get totally cancelled due to those racist-misogynist tweets a couple years ago?)

JaBottom's okay, but my favorite remains GayKyle (Lachlan Buchanan). It doesn't surprise me that he has the best post-Y&R career. .. I just hated him paired with Dummer, though. .. They should have had his Kyle and "Luca Santori" hooking up behind Dummer's back. .. lol! .. As I recall, MIles Gaston Villaneuva is another youngin who wouldn't sign a contract with the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 19, 2022 12:48 AM

Josh Morrow just looks like what he is now, a middle aged dad.

He used to be one of The Late Nelson Branco's favorites, and Nellie would always make insinuations about Josh's huge endowment - a favorite move of his when he wanted to flatter a male star (whether it was actually true was anyone's guess).

by Anonymousreply 178October 19, 2022 4:46 AM

Branco made up shit all the time. He is not missed.

by Anonymousreply 179October 19, 2022 9:30 AM

#JusticeForCarmine

by Anonymousreply 180October 19, 2022 11:19 AM

The demise of Carmine is one of the great head-scratchers in Y&R history. So much potential. The fact they never brought Marco Dapper back as a twin makes no sense. Lauren hasn't had anything worthwhile to due since.

by Anonymousreply 181October 19, 2022 11:43 AM

R178 Yeah BUT he still looks good. Goddman.

It's just ridiculous how every new broad that comes to Genoa City has to fuck the Newman brothers. The white ones, at least.

by Anonymousreply 182October 19, 2022 12:51 PM

And every new man that comes to Genoa City has to fuck Sharon. Has she ever been tested for an STI?

by Anonymousreply 183October 19, 2022 12:57 PM

And Marco Dapper isn't exactly superstar material - he would have been the ideal person that would actually make a career and stay on soaps.

Plus everyone's seen his ginormo cock.

by Anonymousreply 184October 19, 2022 1:37 PM

Is Marco Dapper gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 185October 19, 2022 2:18 PM

It depends R185, you gonna cast him in somethin'?

by Anonymousreply 186October 19, 2022 4:37 PM

There was a time when nobody entered Victor Newman's office or Eric Forrester's office without an engraved invitation. (Not really but you know what I mean.)

Now, Eric's office is Grand Central Station; the break room at Newman (or was it Jabot?) had fewer people visiting it.

They hand out CEO and other titles like candy to children.

These shows have lost their way.

by Anonymousreply 187October 19, 2022 4:40 PM

R137 THAT is a lie!

by Anonymousreply 188October 19, 2022 4:43 PM

R187 I'm not a big Y&R fan but I agree.

On the show I watched (Guiding Light) the first few go rounds of corporate intrigue were fascinating. When studly son Philip stole the family company from his father Alan, it was captivating, with Aunt Alex watching from the wings.

By the end of the show, just about everyone except for the family dog had been CEO of that company, and the element of even the tiniest speck of surprise was gone from any bit of intrigue about said company changing hands.

What had been a somewhat novel, new area to explore in story in the late 1980s/early 1990s (a full decade after the starts of Dallas and Dynasty, even) has long ago become a passe, boring and LAZY plot to get more than one actor in the same room/story. But soaps are unwilling, to their deaths, to change even a little, and so they keep making the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 189October 19, 2022 4:44 PM

R185: Gay or not, Marco Dapper can get it!

by Anonymousreply 190October 19, 2022 5:34 PM

Dapper is still just a baby at 39. Plenty of time to wreck shop in GC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 19, 2022 6:00 PM

R185 I don't think he's identified himself. Wouldn't surprise me if he's bi, leaning gay at this point. But whatever, he's not hiding anything.

He was just on holdiay in Hawaii last month with about five other guys. At least three of them in the photo (below) are openly gay. One of the guys seen here is Johnny Wujek. .. As I recall, there was another photo back at the private rental in the swimming pool that included married couple, GT Dave & Allan Fannuchi. .. Of course, no females in sight .. lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 19, 2022 7:29 PM

When Dapper was in NYC last year he seemed super-excited to see his gay buddy, Broadway chorus boy, Adam Perry.

I think I'd pay to see that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 19, 2022 7:34 PM

Who cares if he's gay? He should be back on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 194October 19, 2022 7:49 PM

The chemistry between Marco and Max Ehrich was off the charts.

They should do a storyline where Carmine's bisexual twin brother comes to town. The twin brother and Fenmore start an affair and then late when twin brother meets Lauren and starts an affair her as well.

Eventually mother and son discover they are sleeping with the same man and the claws come out!

by Anonymousreply 195October 19, 2022 8:03 PM

R181 They don't need a twin, because Carmine isn't dead. .. Recall, we learned that Carmine had agreed to turn state's evidence, and they gave him full immunity and put him in witness protection. .. In Carmine's final scene, Michael had tracked him down to prove to the court that he was still alive, meaning Fen wasn't guilty of his murder. .. Michael had Carmine hold up a newspaper showing the date.

And we later heard that the mobster Carmine helped put away was killed in prison, so in effect, the reason he was in witness protection might not matter any more.

I often think FenMo searched Michael's travel itinerary and eventually located Carmine on his own. .. I'd have bisexual Carmine and FenMo return together. .. But who would be more jealous that the duo is fucking? Lauren or Michael? .. Maybe Carmine could move in with The Baldwins and do the whole family. .. That could be like a fun French farce.

Chrissy had just (officially) come out a couple of months before Dapper and he met up last year. They appreciate each other's work as artists (painters). .. Maybe Marco will eventually come out when he's 63 too...lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 19, 2022 8:21 PM

I see Sally has been shopping at the One Sleeve Dress Shop again.

Between Victoria, Phyllis and now Sally shopping there, store owner must be rolling in cash.

by Anonymousreply 197October 19, 2022 10:40 PM

[quote]Between Victoria, Phyllis and now Sally shopping there, store owner must be rolling in cash.

And yet, there is still only one restaurant in the entire town of Genoa City.

Two hotels but only one restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 198October 19, 2022 10:43 PM

R189, Phillip's takeover of Spaulding ended with him drunk on the floor with a bottle of champagne; 'try and disown me now, dad'

That's what it was all about -- a son afraid of losing his father's love so he took away what his dad loved the most -- his company.

One of my favorite exchanges was when Alex caught on quickly that after the takeover, Phillip was going to be trouble.

Phillip: "What can I do to convince you that this is all okay."

Alex: "I'll let you know."

Phillip: "You have to admit I was pretty great up there."

Alex: (Takes a beat.) "I'll let you know about that, too!"

by Anonymousreply 199October 19, 2022 10:43 PM

The corporate stuff was definitely a move by daytime to try to replicate what was going on in the primetime soaps.

I think Bell's first one (ca. 1981) was with Victor launching a takeover of Prentiss Industries, with Lorie Brooks then making a stealth move to get the stock proxies back for the love of her life, Lance, who felt like loser and left town. .. Before that, the kind of business story we got was on the order of hairdresser, Derek Thurston, aspiring to open his own premier beauty salon called "The Golden Comb," with Jill by his side. Meanwhile, nefarious Kay tricked Derek into marrying her when he was drunk and would fund the venture if he stayed married to her for a year(?) Something like that. This was typical soap fare before everyone worked for a corporation.

After the Prentiss story, there was a string of good stories on the corporate front, every few years. I'd say the last one I actually enjoyed was the Safra v. Tuvia launches and how Victor blackmailed Michael into committing commercial bribery for him. That was something like 2003. Since then, it's basically been infighting and CEO-of-the-day garbage.

by Anonymousreply 200October 20, 2022 12:20 AM

And Chancellor was just a factory where Liz worked. There was never any discussion about it being a big conglomerate.

by Anonymousreply 201October 20, 2022 1:29 AM

One thing Bill Bell did is put a Chicago attorney on the payroll to help him with the finer details of both criminal and corporate legal stories. The guy's name was Sherman Magidson. Besides being an attorney, he was a big soap fan. You can see his screen credit at IMBb. Bell's subsequent team (Alden & Smith) continued to use him as a consultant up until 2006, then like many others, he was jettisoned when Lathag came in. (I've read that Sherman was a friend of the Bells, and that the character of attorney, Mitchell Sherman, may have been named for him.)

by Anonymousreply 202October 20, 2022 2:09 AM

Dapper would suck Enrich’s cock. Anyday. All day.

by Anonymousreply 203October 20, 2022 2:24 AM

R202, yeah, Sherman was in the Bill Bell biography. He jumped ship to go to Generations; when it failed, Bill rehired him and gave him a raise.

I think Sherman contributed greatly to the Nina storyline where she was found guilty of trying to kill David; Nina's lawyer, John Silva, saw that one of the jurors looked upset; he polled the jury. I'd never heard of that before -- polling the jury. The girl juror said she was pressured into voting guilty; the judge sent them back in the room and when they came back Nina was found not guilty.

Great shit.

by Anonymousreply 204October 20, 2022 4:12 AM

Oh no! PervertSudz from SON is devastated that Days let Zach Tinker go. Probably because he’s dating a tranny. Anyway, the pervert wants Tinker back on Y&R. It’ll never happen.

by Anonymousreply 205October 20, 2022 7:13 AM

by Anonymousreply 206October 20, 2022 1:50 PM

I miss Doug Davidson and his tight jeans.

by Anonymousreply 207October 20, 2022 5:06 PM

Does Josh Griffith have a lesbian sister? Why do we have to watch Messa try to have a baby?

I know the whole world loves Eileen, as do I, but she looks rough, and she needs a bra. TSJ as Tucker is a fail.

by Anonymousreply 208October 20, 2022 5:15 PM

I can’t stand Cait Fairbanks. I wish they’d write Tessa off the show. She’s bringing down Camryn.

by Anonymousreply 209October 20, 2022 5:36 PM

Not sure why they brought back Tucker. They don't even have enough for 3/4s of the cast to do.

The lezzies are an epic fail. They don't exist as characters, just types.

by Anonymousreply 210October 20, 2022 6:46 PM

James Hyde on his return to daytime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 20, 2022 11:01 PM

You wouldn't believe the dust bunnies and tumbleweeds that came outta Mrs. Chancellor's dried-up ol' pussy!

by Anonymousreply 212October 20, 2022 11:22 PM

R211 Well, of course it's the gay casting director who was always thinking about James for a role. .. lol! .. Daddy!

[quote] [Y&R’s casting associate] Greg Salmon has always kept me in mind. My agent reached out to the show a few times and [Greg] would say, “That’s not right for him but we’re keeping him in mind for something else.” I went in for the role of Tucker McCall [which went to Trevor St. John]. I didn’t get it, of course, but Greg sent me an email telling me I’d done a nice job and maybe they could incorporate me into the show [in another role].

by Anonymousreply 213October 21, 2022 12:39 AM

That casting guy Greg Salmon is the queeniest queen who ever queened!

by Anonymousreply 214October 21, 2022 1:21 AM

Hyde's full interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 21, 2022 3:34 AM

Will James be wearing a sparkly jock strap and presenting hole to the audience? That might liven The Old & the Listless up!

Jump to [3:25] in the video.

Also, I'm quite impressed by his jump off the upper stage at [3:51]. I wonder if he can still do that move?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 21, 2022 4:03 AM

Young and restless is perpetually old and listless.

I like TSJ well enough, and James Hyde is certainly pleasant eye candy, but Jeremy is Tucker is Ashland is zzzzzz....and all these characters are over 50.

The last character to really shake up Y&R in any measurable way was Adam, and it's been 15 years since Adam #1 started.

Y&R seems to have their core actors they think people want to see and only those people will be propped up in story: Victor/Nikki/Jack, Nick/Sharon/Phyllis/Adam, with a dose of Kyle and Summer here and there. (They mix in Devon every once in a while.)

But nothing new, nobody young unless they are propping and supporting one of the Big Ones. Kyle isn't carrying a story as he should be by now, he's an enhancement to Aunt Jack's story.

by Anonymousreply 217October 21, 2022 6:25 PM

R217 they are propping that network charity case Courtney Hope plenty.....

by Anonymousreply 218October 21, 2022 7:11 PM

Sally Spectra is so useless. Cannot stand her.

by Anonymousreply 219October 21, 2022 11:33 PM

R218 = Flo Fulton

by Anonymousreply 220October 22, 2022 12:09 AM

Didn't Courtney Hope get married and then a week later it came out she was getting divorced?

Did the bitch return the gifts?

by Anonymousreply 221October 22, 2022 12:18 AM

She and Chad Duell married last fall and announced they were divorcing about two months later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2022 12:28 AM

Chad says they weren't officially married.

by Anonymousreply 223October 22, 2022 12:29 AM

R223, did he then stare blankly off into space just like Michael does.

After. Every. Single. Line.

by Anonymousreply 224October 22, 2022 12:36 AM

Chad don't have long for this world. LOL. Myocarditis. Poor fucker.

by Anonymousreply 225October 22, 2022 12:38 AM

OP- I prefer Genoa Salami

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 22, 2022 12:38 AM

Chad Duell claims, “We didn't actually sign anything," he reveals. "We weren't really, like, you know, married or anything, really. It was amicable, kind of just that. And that's all I can really say. We always want the best for each other."

Looks like marriage to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 22, 2022 12:43 AM

You have to sign the document or else it's not legal.

by Anonymousreply 228October 22, 2022 12:56 AM

There was a rumor going around claiming that Chad Duell was fucking someone else behind Courtney's back.

by Anonymousreply 229October 22, 2022 1:36 AM

r229

in my head, it's with a guy

by Anonymousreply 230October 22, 2022 1:37 AM

Courtney in an interview has claimed that she would never "date" a co-star.

by Anonymousreply 231October 22, 2022 1:40 AM

Isnt she dating MG? She went to a wedding with him a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 232October 22, 2022 3:12 AM

Is that why he and SC broke up?

by Anonymousreply 233October 22, 2022 9:05 AM

MG is eating out Courtney’s snatch these days. He got sick of Case’s dried up musty old snatch.

by Anonymousreply 234October 22, 2022 11:15 AM

R234

by Anonymousreply 235October 22, 2022 11:33 AM

When the off camera lives of the actors are more interesting than a DAYTIME SOAP (!), you know you're in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 236October 22, 2022 11:58 AM

Dumb Dylan will know. Dumb Dylan has the scoop! Dumb Dylan is OBSESSED with MG!

by Anonymousreply 237October 22, 2022 1:18 PM

R237

by Anonymousreply 238October 22, 2022 2:13 PM

LOL! Y&R filmed those flashback scenes of Diane getting to know Jeremy Stark (James Hyde) in that outdoor space the B&B usually uses.

It started raining while they were filming the scenes and the raindrops showed up clearly on Jeremy's shirt.

In previous years, Y&R would have put up a tarp to protect from the rain and reshot the scene with a fresh shirt Show would have never let a shirt stained with raindrops make it onto the air.

by Anonymousreply 239October 22, 2022 9:50 PM

Remember when Mamie Johnson and John Abbott had a thing after his stroke. Then Jill ran her out of town and John stayed with Jill. There were some fun moments when Mamie was not the maid but the Lady of the House. I was always disappointed by all the estates on YR. The Abbott Home, Chancellor Mansion and Nicki's ranch. They have tried harder to make the set seem vast. I remember on the show Capital a million years ago they did a better job with convincing grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 240October 22, 2022 10:18 PM

LOL yeah, for some reason billionaire Victor Newman lives in what looks like suburban McMansion

by Anonymousreply 241October 22, 2022 10:51 PM

[quote] When the off camera lives of the actors are more interesting than a DAYTIME SOAP (!), you know you're in big trouble.

Is Sam Bennett still hooking up with Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 22, 2022 11:22 PM

Who’s dumber? Dumb Dylan or Dumb Donna? They’re pretty even.

by Anonymousreply 243October 23, 2022 2:52 AM

I really miss Gina Tognoni. The Staff is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 244October 23, 2022 3:05 AM

Y&R has been a mess for like 15 years now. It survives off the backs of its African American viewers and international viewers.

by Anonymousreply 245October 23, 2022 3:50 AM

Kookoo was found wandering Central Park near the THE ANOTHER WORLD bench

by Anonymousreply 246October 23, 2022 3:52 AM

KooKoodora is so fucking stupid that she’s campaigning to have a The Another World bench moved to Chancellor Park on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 247October 23, 2022 8:23 AM

R246 R247

by Anonymousreply 248October 23, 2022 9:05 AM

I like James Hyde just fine, but why have three (four if you count Ashland) of the recent cast additions been over the age of 50? It's called The "YOUNG" and the Restless.

by Anonymousreply 249October 23, 2022 9:09 AM

I just realized that the Diane actress is "Mulva/Delores."

by Anonymousreply 250October 23, 2022 9:55 AM

Aunty Jack is like 79 or looks it. Why the fuck'd they pair him up with Sally? Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 251October 23, 2022 10:16 AM

R249 makes a good point. Kyle and Summer's parents have more of a storyline than they do. If the show was going to bring anyone back, it should have been Tara Locke or Theo Vanderway, who could have made trouble for Kyle and Summer. Y&R does not seem to be able to write for young couples. The show did nothing with Mattie, Charlie, Faith, Reed, and Moses. They are doing nothing with Mariah and Tessa, and I don't have much hope for the Noah, Allie, and Audra triangle. Sally has been in romances with characters who are old enough to be her father (Nick) and grandfather (Jack). There is such a lack of creativity on this show. They are missing the young, conniving woman. They could have had that with both Sally and Imani. Perhaps Audra will fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 252October 23, 2022 6:56 PM

Y&R needs to end. It will never recapture its glory. It's dead.

And I agree about Gina as Phyllis. The return of the Staff was a huge fail. The show wrongly assumed that fans wanted the original Phyllis back when Emmy winner Gina had won them over.

by Anonymousreply 253October 23, 2022 7:09 PM

I've never seen Gina as Phyllis. It's hard to imagine her playing someone so completely obnoxious, such a mentally-stunted adult.

by Anonymousreply 254October 23, 2022 7:30 PM

R248 those posts are from the mentally ill troll, talking once again about people none of us know or care about. Just ignore.

by Anonymousreply 255October 23, 2022 7:33 PM

"HEY MELISSA ORDWAY! STOP SCREAMING YOUR LINES LIKE YOU'RE A LIFEGUARD AT A CAMPGROUND POOL!"

by Anonymousreply 256October 24, 2022 5:01 PM

That Koo Koo nutcase Kookoodora from SON is petitioning Chris Goutman to have The Another World bench moved to The Chancellor Park! Sign the petition!!!!

by Anonymousreply 257October 24, 2022 6:01 PM

Sally knew Genoa City was boring from Day 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 25, 2022 4:09 AM

They way Y&R tossed Gina to the curb will never sit right with me but I’m also glad she doesn’t have to play this garbage onscreen. I do miss her though. I wish she’d get new representation and book something. She’s so talented.

IA about the lack of writing for the younger actors. The Imani actress is fantastic and the character could be doing so much more. I thought NuFaith was a real find too.

by Anonymousreply 259October 25, 2022 6:56 AM

I bet Mealor is pissed that he cane crawling back to this shitshow. He has no storyline.

by Anonymousreply 260October 25, 2022 7:15 AM

Gina was going to leave when her contract was up anyway.

by Anonymousreply 261October 25, 2022 8:16 AM

Fat awkward soap twitter queens act like they were around for shows like knots landing and old school cbs daytime. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 262October 25, 2022 8:35 AM

I would have been 94 today. But.....

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 263October 25, 2022 1:05 PM

You'd be 74, Wilma!

Your son lost 20 years -- so can you!

by Anonymousreply 264October 25, 2022 5:18 PM

I really wouldn't care about Abby fucking Devon behind Chance's back if Devon wasn't so fucking plain and boring.

Actually, I hate boring Abby, so whatever girl.

by Anonymousreply 265October 25, 2022 5:27 PM

Let's get back to Chance and Adam having fucked in Vegas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 25, 2022 6:33 PM

I’m enjoying hating Devon now. They finally dealt with his having destroyed Nates surgical career. Nate should get to cancel and delete Devon once a week if he so chooses.

by Anonymousreply 267October 25, 2022 7:24 PM

Looks like Adam's started a set of at-home moobs.

by Anonymousreply 268October 25, 2022 9:48 PM

Does Bryton still frequent the men4men sites?

by Anonymousreply 269October 25, 2022 10:56 PM

Obese soap twitter queens just loved watching soaps everyday on the VCR, except they aired years before they were born. God they are so tries too hard. Soaps arent coming back! Especially as podcasts!

by Anonymousreply 270October 26, 2022 12:35 AM

No sign of Case. I guess they did break up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 26, 2022 8:32 AM

Grossman moved on to much younger pussy.

by Anonymousreply 272October 26, 2022 9:35 AM

You kinda forget how normal actors look without all that stage shit. Grossman looks 10 years younger in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 273October 26, 2022 11:25 AM

A Mark, Connor, Rory threesome would have been hotter.

by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2022 1:01 PM

Good for Grossman for trading in the old pussy for young, tasty snatch!

by Anonymousreply 275October 26, 2022 7:20 PM

Rory and Connor look as if they could be related. Noah and Chance don't have any blood ties, do they?

by Anonymousreply 276October 26, 2022 7:40 PM

Chance is married to Abby r276. Abby is Noah's aunt.

by Anonymousreply 277October 26, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote] Abby is Noah's aunt.

And crazy SORASing on that front, since going-on-40 Abby was actually born nearly four years AFTER late-20s, Noah.

Recall. Sharon gave birth to premature Noah during February Sweeps 1997. She went outside in the snow and slipped on some ice causing her to go into early labor. Noah. looking like he was on death's door. is what caused Grace (and Tony) to go looking for Smurf Cassie. .. That seemed rather non-nonsensical, but whatever .. lol!

Meanwhile, Spermbaby Abby came into the world during November Sweeps 2000. It seemed like Ashley had been pregnant with her for almost a year, since she'd taken Victor's jizz on a cruise with her in December 1999. We later heard she first made a pit stop at a clinic in Chicago to have the turkey baster procedure.

by Anonymousreply 278October 26, 2022 8:56 PM

The lineup of podcast soaps WILL save the genre!

by Anonymousreply 279October 27, 2022 12:33 AM

Sally Spectra's pussy will save the show!!

by Anonymousreply 280October 27, 2022 1:15 AM

Victoria being a savvy, ruthless businesswoman will save the show!!

by Anonymousreply 281October 27, 2022 1:46 AM

Victoria's orthodontist will save Newman Enterprises!

by Anonymousreply 282October 27, 2022 2:03 AM

That tired coffee house set will save the show. I can't believe they got rid of the Gloworm set and kept the tired coffee house set.

by Anonymousreply 283October 27, 2022 2:04 AM

Gh has multiple restaurants, a stable, kitchens, houses, bedrooms...I hated the redo of the Q mansion but it must make staging easier...

On Y&R it seems as if every scene takes place in either a hotel room at the Grand Phoenix or in Crimson Lights.

The show's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 284October 27, 2022 2:46 AM

Sharon pouring decaffeinated coffee will save the show!

by Anonymousreply 285October 27, 2022 3:02 AM

Melody Thomas Scott's prolapsed vagina will save the show!

by Anonymousreply 286October 27, 2022 4:33 AM

Why does Melody walk around like Mrs. Ah-Wiggins?

by Anonymousreply 287October 27, 2022 9:47 AM

Are Nate and Devon related by blood? They act more like unrequited lovers than anything else. And I'm pretty sure they've had the same conversation 15 times over the last month.

by Anonymousreply 288October 27, 2022 9:57 AM

So Sally has had this supposedly big job yet we have never seen her actually do anything. She missed a so-called crucial meeting then gets fired. LOL. This show fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 289October 27, 2022 10:08 AM

Does anyone in Genoa City know that Sally recently held a woman captive, chained to a radiator?

by Anonymousreply 290October 27, 2022 10:12 AM

[quote]Are Nate and Devon related by blood?

I do not believe there is a blood connection.

Nate Hastings is the son of Olivia Barber and Nathan Hastings. Olivia is Neil Winters' first wife Drucilla Barber's sister. Olivia was married to (now deceased) Nathan Hastings.

Devon's birth father is Tucker McCall, who is one of Katherine Chancellor's birth children. His birth mother is drug addict Yolanda Hamilton. Neil and Drucilla adopted Devon. See below for more info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 27, 2022 12:29 PM

R288 No. Nate and Devon are not related by blood. They keep saying "cousin," but that's because Devon was adopted by Neil and Dru. And since Dru was Nate's aunt -- via her sister, Olivia, who is Nate's mother -- that makes Nate and Devon "adopted cousins."

by Anonymousreply 292October 27, 2022 12:30 PM

The writers are trying to create a rivalry between the adopted cousins....but it has no teeth if you have two milquetoasty characters having the rivalry. Give one or both of them a real personality and then let conflict begin.

by Anonymousreply 293October 27, 2022 12:45 PM

Dumb Dylan has the scoop on Sheila crossing over to Y&R. Dumb Dylan always has the inside scoop - direct from Soap Digest!

by Anonymousreply 294October 27, 2022 4:11 PM

Nikki's curling iron got the better of her today.

by Anonymousreply 295October 27, 2022 4:48 PM

This nuSummer is so gooey, she makes me miss Bird Faced Bitchy Summer.

Harrison put the hair in Harrison. Creepy little weirdo. Make him a Chuckie like serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 296October 27, 2022 5:21 PM

This NuSummer comes across as a lezzy. No chemistry with Mealor. They should cross her over to the Teriah storyline.

by Anonymousreply 297October 27, 2022 5:32 PM

Victoria really needs to slap the FUCK outta Chelsea. "BITCH. I done told you to stay away from MY kid."

by Anonymousreply 298October 27, 2022 5:45 PM

The scenes where Summer and Jabottom are supposed to be sexing it up are hilariously devoid of anything resembling chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 299October 27, 2022 6:37 PM

I like NuSummer. .. She's far more natural acting than Dummer was. .. But they should probably move her into the Mariah and Tessa non-storyline and have her comfort Mariah after Tessa gets run over by a truck and dies. .. JaBottom can then hook up with hot daddy Jeremy on Grindr as part of some scheme Jeremy has planned for his mother, Diane.

Whoever cast Harrison should be fired. Unless it's a costume ball, hair should never dominate a scene!

And speaking of hair, WTF was that long front curl they gave Miss Piggy? .. It looked liked something a 13-year girl would do to her hair.

by Anonymousreply 300October 27, 2022 6:37 PM

"...But they should probably move her into the Mariah and Tessa non-storyline and have her comfort Mariah after Tessa gets run over by a truck and dies."

Dear Heavenly Father...

by Anonymousreply 301October 27, 2022 6:40 PM

The return of Mamie will save the show!

by Anonymousreply 302October 27, 2022 6:42 PM

R301 Yes, let's see if real life can translate to the screen.

by Anonymousreply 303October 27, 2022 6:57 PM

They missed a chance to at least create some drama by having Tessa wrestle with her feelings for Noah, but instead they saddled the lezzies with the boring adoption storyline and Noah with milquetoast Allie.

by Anonymousreply 304October 27, 2022 7:04 PM

It's pretty pathetic when they've got two uterii to choose from and neither can pop out a Tercero has two mommies.

by Anonymousreply 305October 27, 2022 7:07 PM

Tessa is a waste of space. I’m all for killing off the character. That nasally voice is irritating.

by Anonymousreply 306October 27, 2022 7:23 PM

meow

by Anonymousreply 307October 27, 2022 7:40 PM

R288, I get that impression too; just ONCE I'd like to see two non biologically related hotties go at it (So Alex and Sonny on DAYS are out); hell, I'd even settle for Cody throwing Spinelli over his shoulder on GH one time.

I still think B&B canned Clayton as Thorne back in the day because Ridge had more chemistry with his 'little brother' than he did Brooke or Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 308October 27, 2022 8:02 PM

R304, I'm still imagining M&T's adoption plans will fall through, and Noah will become the surrogate father. Or maybe he'll even fuck Tessa while Mariah, well, I don't know what Mariah will do...reheat croissants?

It would make for such better story if Noah were to leave his dickprints on Chance's ass. I had so hoped those two were going to happen in Gaynoa City.

by Anonymousreply 309October 27, 2022 8:12 PM

I think Y&R opted to go the adoption route for Marian & Tessa to show that it's not always as simple as it sounds. At least, they didn't go the hackneyed route with Tessa having a one-night stand with ex-bf Noah and getting knocked-up.

I'm guessing they could eventually turn into this decade's "Skip & Carol Evans" - with the birth mother choosing them to adopt, but then having second thoughts down the line like "Nan" did; or perhaps the bio-father will come out of the woodwork and get involved like "Jeff" did.

by Anonymousreply 310October 27, 2022 8:15 PM

R308 The rumor has always been that they canned CN, because of some sketchy, (scandalous) real-life incident that occurred. One story is that he got beat up by some guy that he tried to pick up at the beach.

I think if they'd wanted to dismiss him for the reason you're suggesting, they would have waited until his contract was up instead of abruptly canning him like they did.

by Anonymousreply 311October 27, 2022 8:44 PM

R299: I've missed those, "Jabottom" references.

by Anonymousreply 312October 27, 2022 9:29 PM

I thought someone posted on TWoP years ago that an upper echelon CBS exec saw Clayton and Ronn on a monitor one day as the episode was being broadcast - they were in a scene together and said "Are these guys brothers or f*gg*ts? The blond one looks like he wants to jump the other one!"

Thorne was really a thankless role, though.

by Anonymousreply 313October 27, 2022 9:37 PM

^^^ If an upper echelon CBS exec thought that, imagine what they thought when Broadway Show Tunes GayThorne skipped into town to replace Norcross.

by Anonymousreply 314October 27, 2022 10:00 PM

Vee, who is in the biz you know, is bullying everyone at SON again. Sometimes scrubbing toilets puts him in a bad place

by Anonymousreply 315October 27, 2022 10:08 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is upset with that Nut KooKoodora about that stupid fucking AW bench that Vee wants moved to Chancellor Park. Vee is in the biz you know.

by Anonymousreply 316October 27, 2022 10:46 PM

You'd think they'd have seen Clayton's chemistry in the screentests?

Jeff didn't have that kind of chemistry with Ronn.

Yes, Thorne is indeed a thankless role.

When Mia was torn between Arturo and Rey on Y&R a while ago, they didn't know who was the Ridge and who was the Thorne.

by Anonymousreply 317October 27, 2022 11:58 PM

Don't you R317 mean the Snapper or the Greg?

by Anonymousreply 318October 28, 2022 1:27 AM

R318, well, before my time but yes, who's the Snapper who's the Greg; who's the Phillip, who's the Rick.

by Anonymousreply 319October 28, 2022 2:51 AM

Ridge and Thorne Forrester were just the wealthy version of Snapper and Greg Foster. .. Same exact story: "second son pining over first son's girl."

The main difference is Thorne actually got to be with Caroline for awhile, while Greg's love for Chris Brooks remained unrequited.

by Anonymousreply 320October 28, 2022 3:03 AM

Ridge and Thorne... Greg and Snapper.... Bill and Mickey. Bell had 5 go to stories and he just told them over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 321October 28, 2022 3:31 AM

Who was the Jacob Young and who was the Coltin Scott? LOL

by Anonymousreply 322October 28, 2022 5:03 PM

That opening, close-up shot of Jason Thompson in his jeans .. Does he have the flattest ass on daytime? .. His butt looks like it belongs to an 85-year old man.

by Anonymousreply 323October 28, 2022 6:55 PM

A suicide story for Chelsea would be the perfect way to get this useless character offscreen.

by Anonymousreply 324October 28, 2022 8:12 PM

Nick and Adam both look so tan this week, I wonder if they went on vacation together, perhaps to engage in a little brotherly love.

by Anonymousreply 325October 28, 2022 8:16 PM

R324 It was obvious where this was headed as soon as they brought back that building ledge a few weeks ago... lol!

I've become tired of Chelsea's "woe-is-me" material. The character is pointless, and they should never have brought her back to begin with.

There have been many attempted suicides involving emotional females over the years, I'm guessing she won't actually do it.

by Anonymousreply 326October 28, 2022 8:24 PM

The Chelsea character returned shortly after Mark Grossman joined as Adam.

Show should have skipped the Chelsea return. She was a character that needed to stay out of town.

Her woe is me storyline is among the worst they've ever given her

by Anonymousreply 327October 28, 2022 8:56 PM

If-when Chelsea is admitted to the psych-ward, they should have Billy ask his sister, Traci, to go talk to her.

We can then get flashbacks of when Traci herself tried to commit suicide and ended up sticking her head in an oven, only to be saved by Cricket Blair Teen Model, who just happened to show up for no particular reason.

by Anonymousreply 328October 28, 2022 9:05 PM

Traci wasn't committing suicide. She was licking the spilt cake batter from the bottom of the oven.

by Anonymousreply 329October 28, 2022 9:10 PM

They can lock Chelsea up in the insane asylum and throw away the key for all I care.

But if they insist on keeping her around, they could have her be roommates at the asylum with Patty Williams. Get Andrea Evans back to play the part.

by Anonymousreply 330October 28, 2022 9:13 PM

I enjoyed the foreshadowing of Johnny falling in love with trans Connor when they get to high school.

by Anonymousreply 331October 28, 2022 9:18 PM

R329 you beat me to it. I was gonna go with "it would be an oven."

by Anonymousreply 332October 28, 2022 9:30 PM

By next summer, they should think about SORASing Johnny, Connor, and the MIA Christian - so that they're 17, 16, and 15, respectively, and attending Walnut Grove.

Star quarterback Johnny falls head over heels in love with champion Lacrosse player, Christian. .. This irks Connor to no end, because unlike those two who can fuck all they want, Connor feels cursed that he's bio-related to both of them and is totally jealous of what they have.

Daniel's daughter, Lucy Romalotti, agrees to help Connor in his scheme to make sure that the popular Johnny & Christian aren't named "King & King" at Prom. .. Lucy's still mad that Connor embarrassingly dumped her as his beard after he finally decided to come out and declare his love for Christian.

Meanwhile, Mackenzie's son, the shy, introverted Dylan Hellstrom, is nursing his own crush on bad-boy Connor. No matter what Dylan does, Connor just ignores him. .. Dylan's BFF Katie Abbott agrees to help him with a makeover and begins coaching him on how to get Connor's attention. First stop: Fenmore's Men's Department to buy a designer jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 333October 28, 2022 9:37 PM

correction: ^^^ Lucy's still mad that JOHNNY embarrassingly dumped her as his beard ...

by Anonymousreply 334October 28, 2022 9:40 PM

Can someone remind me how Danny Romalotti exited the show?

by Anonymousreply 335October 28, 2022 9:48 PM

Traci ate him.

by Anonymousreply 336October 28, 2022 9:50 PM

Danny's agent got him a national tour playing every bowling alley lounge in the country.

Rock On!

by Anonymousreply 337October 28, 2022 10:01 PM

Better a gifted actor like Mce take up airtime than that mediocre network pet CH.

by Anonymousreply 338October 28, 2022 10:30 PM

Good ideas R333, but doubtful they'd do that.

None of those stories lead to yet another Victor/Nikki/Aunt Jack moment.

by Anonymousreply 339October 28, 2022 10:41 PM

OMG! Giving Chelsea a depression storyline is as brilliant an idea as giving baby Dominick a life-threatening illness.

Jump Chelsea! Jump! Please jump! Put us out of our misery.

by Anonymousreply 340October 28, 2022 11:19 PM

r321

yes but they were 5 great stories

by Anonymousreply 341October 28, 2022 11:24 PM

If the Con Artist from Myanmar wants to jump. Let her. .. Before she goes, she should ask for forgiveness from all the people she conned out of their life savings. .. Recall. she'd not only ran cons with her mother and on her own, but had a history of doing them with her partner, Jordan Wilde.

by Anonymousreply 342October 28, 2022 11:37 PM

How many establishments have burned in GC, but we can't have one devastating fire at Crimson Lights?

I miss the GCAC.

by Anonymousreply 343October 29, 2022 9:08 AM

Yeah, the GCAC was classier than Society. .. At least we know it still exists, since Tucker is staying in a room there, and we also saw the rooftop Dive Bar this summer.

by Anonymousreply 344October 29, 2022 9:46 AM

“Glam Club”? Really??

by Anonymousreply 345October 29, 2022 2:57 PM

And those chairs, r345, in rust red and Gulden's mustard color. Bleargh.

by Anonymousreply 346October 29, 2022 3:29 PM

Andy is so fucking hot .. a natural blond dreamboat from the mid-80s.

And wardrobe must have bought his polo at All American Boy up on Santa Monica Blvd. .. unless Steven Ford brought it in from home himself .. lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 29, 2022 8:19 PM

Doug Davidson and Steven Ford had a reunion this past May. Ford is now 66.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348October 29, 2022 11:49 PM

Doug looks like shit. Ford looks like work was done.

Y&R had great background music back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 349October 30, 2022 12:52 AM

That must have been a clip from the story where Tyrone goes uncover as a white guy. How could those mobsters not know that Tyrone was really black is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 350October 30, 2022 1:04 AM

R350 Yes, that clip with Andy was cut from this longer one - which actually includes Tyrone revealing himself to Alana.

And yeah, R349 ... even in this 25 minutes, the background music is so memorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 30, 2022 1:46 AM

How about when cricket wore that silly Kelly Simmons costume?

by Anonymousreply 352October 30, 2022 2:04 AM

Holy shit. What happened to Doug? He looks like hell.

by Anonymousreply 353October 30, 2022 2:43 AM

Sun damage, I'd guess.

by Anonymousreply 354October 30, 2022 12:44 PM

You stole my childhood!

by Anonymousreply 355October 30, 2022 12:52 PM

I only got into Y&R because of the whiteface story, and Lauren getting buried alive. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 356October 30, 2022 1:26 PM

Has Steven gotten a happily-ever-after with another cowboy on his private ranch in San Luis Obispo?

by Anonymousreply 357October 30, 2022 7:19 PM

Doug looks pickled.

by Anonymousreply 358October 30, 2022 7:39 PM

Doug won't be back, because he'd break the make-up department's budget for concealer. They've got at least a dozen actors over 50 and only get one tube a day.

by Anonymousreply 359October 30, 2022 8:28 PM

You stole my breast milk!

by Anonymousreply 360October 30, 2022 9:06 PM

Dear God in heaven! Brock?

by Anonymousreply 361October 30, 2022 9:12 PM

That's not breast milk, it's Coffee Mate and vodka. The old bag is drinking again!

by Anonymousreply 362October 30, 2022 9:13 PM

Did "Mr. A" move Hedge Clipper Bradley into the room off from the Abbott kitchen (the one Drucilla would eventually move into)? .. Is that why Brad was just loitering around the Abbott kitchen in the middle of the night wearing only his tank top and cut-offs when Jill came downstairs to get a glass of milk? (Clip at R351)

Who knew John liked to keep a rent boy around the house!? .. Although, I guess this became a little more believable once we saw Young John played by Jonathan Stoddard in the flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 363October 30, 2022 9:29 PM

I miss the days when an illiterate street urchin can become a ballerina and then a top model.

by Anonymousreply 364October 31, 2022 8:36 AM

But I don't miss the actress.

Dah-roo-cilla Barber, Ont Mamie!

by Anonymousreply 365October 31, 2022 12:27 PM

Did Chelsea jump off a roof?

by Anonymousreply 366October 31, 2022 4:20 PM

One can hope

by Anonymousreply 367October 31, 2022 4:22 PM

Jump! Jump! Jump!

by Anonymousreply 368October 31, 2022 4:30 PM

If Ron C. was writing this, the ghost of Dina Mergeron would've appeared and joyously shoved Chelsea off the ledge, wishing good riddance to bad rubbish for all to hear. Even Traci would've gotten a chill, and set her Stouffer's Lasagna aside long enough to regroup.

by Anonymousreply 369October 31, 2022 4:40 PM

Jump Chelsea! Jump!

You can do it. We're rooting for you!

Jump! Jump! Jump!

by Anonymousreply 370October 31, 2022 4:46 PM

Van Halen adds their vote!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 31, 2022 4:48 PM

Pointer Sisters weigh in.

Are you listening Chelsea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 31, 2022 4:49 PM

R366 No. She gets up on the ledge, but Billy saves her by getting up on the ledge with her.

They could have shocked us all and done a twofer.

by Anonymousreply 373October 31, 2022 6:35 PM

Damn! Dudley Do-Right Billy to the rescue.

Isn't there some poker game you should have been playing, Billy?

by Anonymousreply 374October 31, 2022 6:47 PM

Muriel please end this thread. The poster is psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 375October 31, 2022 6:55 PM

Who remembers when date-rapist Derek Stuart (Ken Olandt) committed suicide by jumping out a window at the Genoa City Hotel?

Derek rather kill himself than be locked up and become some Big Dog's prison bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 31, 2022 7:19 PM

That kid was sexy and gorgeous...but he played a convicted rapist.

If he'd been on ABC, they would have kept him, 'redeemed' him, and turned him in a doll.

Bill had higher standards; sure, Bell redeemed villains (Victor, Michael) but some committed crimes that made them not worth keeping around. 'Bye Derek.

by Anonymousreply 377October 31, 2022 8:24 PM

Didn't Sgt. Dad's demon spawn killer Ricky off himself too?

by Anonymousreply 378October 31, 2022 8:45 PM

R378 Clueless shot Ricky, and he fell backwards out the window.

by Anonymousreply 379October 31, 2022 8:57 PM

Ken Olandt made the mistake of not falling head over heals for Lauralee Bell. He didn't need the beard.

by Anonymousreply 380October 31, 2022 9:34 PM

I did it first and I was fucking FABULOUS.

CANNONBALL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381October 31, 2022 9:39 PM

Reva was a beached whale.

by Anonymousreply 382October 31, 2022 9:44 PM

R382 in later years yes, but she was hot stuff in the 80s.

Unlike Chelsea, who looks like a hag even now.

by Anonymousreply 383October 31, 2022 9:46 PM

Vanessa jumped off the penthouse balcony in 1981.

by Anonymousreply 384October 31, 2022 10:29 PM

Also, Kay tried to end it all (AGAIN) by jumping off the cruise ship into the ocean (ca. 1980). I think this was the third or fourth time she'd tried to kill herself. She survived, being rescued by revolutionary, Felipe Ramirez, in his fishing boat ... lol!

by Anonymousreply 385October 31, 2022 10:36 PM

He gave her the pinga for awhile, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 386October 31, 2022 10:47 PM

Ken Olandt was older than he looked (born in ‘58, he was at least 30 in 1989 when he was on the show). He was also married so there was no chance of he and the Bug hooking up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387October 31, 2022 11:41 PM

Not too aging well is he?

by Anonymousreply 388October 31, 2022 11:43 PM

He’s 64, R388, and gorgeous. Get your eyes checked.

by Anonymousreply 389October 31, 2022 11:46 PM

Sorry, I heard the intonation in my head but realize on the page it looks like I was criticizing him, R389. Anything but. He's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 390October 31, 2022 11:49 PM

"Derek" should have been a stripper at The Bayou like Cash Cashman. Olandt played one in "Summer School" a couple years before Y&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 1, 2022 12:17 AM

I meant to say that Lauralee got her Daddy to cast her crushes on the show, ala she loved Peter Barton on Matthew Star and she had a Tiger Beat crush on Michael Damian, so I wonder if she whined to Daddy she thought Ken was cute on some show, and I want him on my show,,,,,Daddy Please!!! Daddy I'm holding my breath!!!

by Anonymousreply 392November 1, 2022 3:34 AM

Lauralee....I hate that NAME! Lauralee!

by Anonymousreply 393November 2, 2022 4:22 AM

You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394November 2, 2022 5:42 AM

R392, wouldn't most of us in that situation?

by Anonymousreply 395November 2, 2022 6:15 AM

Bill Bell on the phone to the casting department: "I'm looking to write a few potential love interests for the incredible and amazing Cricket Blair. .. When you receive headshots with resumés from young actors you think show promise, set aside all the homos and send those ones to me first."

Casting Director to his Secretary (two weeks later): "Mr. Bell said he wants the headshots in this stack sent to him first. .. Right. The LARGE stack. .. In fact, you should probably just use a box and send it by UPS Air."

by Anonymousreply 396November 2, 2022 7:06 AM

Bill Bell always struck me as a closeted man.

by Anonymousreply 397November 3, 2022 3:50 AM

Nina threatening to blow her brains out was a better attempted suicide story. Of course, I cared about Nina...lol.

btw - I wonder if Chance (Little Phillip) ever thinks about Ryan? Same with Abby and Brad? .. They should have these two go out to the cemetery some Father's Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 3, 2022 8:56 PM

Egan is reliable and solid.

But Cast is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 399November 3, 2022 10:21 PM

Didn't they just do a "Chelsea goes to the nuthouse" storyline?

by Anonymousreply 400November 4, 2022 1:11 AM

I watch the show out of habit, and the only people who remotely spark my interest are Ashley, Sharon and Adam. Phyllis makes me turn on Andrea Mitchell, and that's bad enough.

by Anonymousreply 401November 4, 2022 6:34 AM

Who's going to fat shame Mariah they way Lauren used to fat shame Traci?

by Anonymousreply 402November 4, 2022 9:13 AM

Long suffering Pinched Sphincter Syndrome patient Heather Tom turns 47 today?

(Which sounds like her age in Zeta Jones years - she was at least 15 if not older when she first joined Y&R)

by Anonymousreply 403November 4, 2022 1:33 PM

THEE Michael Damian back to Y&R, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404November 4, 2022 4:34 PM

Finally, someone to pull Noah out of that Asian closet.

by Anonymousreply 405November 4, 2022 4:41 PM

Is La Damian just swimming in a vat of black hair dye these days?

by Anonymousreply 406November 4, 2022 5:01 PM

What is Noah's club called? Boredom?

by Anonymousreply 407November 4, 2022 5:35 PM

[quote] What is Noah's club called?

The Closet

by Anonymousreply 408November 4, 2022 5:37 PM

R407 It's called The Glam Club (inside the Grand Phoenix).

by Anonymousreply 409November 4, 2022 6:00 PM

Allie calls Noah's club "little Noah."

by Anonymousreply 410November 4, 2022 6:14 PM

It should be called "Club Ambien."

What is up with the weird time shifts? Today they had Ashley and Tucker having dinner and drinks, Jabottom and Summer at the office, Jack and Phyllis at the coffee shop, while Nick rolled into Club Snooze - all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 411November 4, 2022 6:55 PM

R410 It's a good thing Noah is a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 412November 4, 2022 7:43 PM

Let's hope they bring feverish Harrison to the hospital, and he needs to get his head shaved.

In fact, a head transplant would be better. The kid can't act.

by Anonymousreply 413November 4, 2022 7:49 PM

Harrison could be the next Cousin It even they never cut his hair.

by Anonymousreply 414November 4, 2022 8:17 PM

Since Daniel is paying a visit, they should have him and Kevin hook-up for old time's sake.

I remember a scene not long after they started to become buddies. Poor Kevvie (already in his mid-20s) was living with Michael. I think LaBaldwin was out of town, so Kevin invited Daniel over to party. Daniel wasn't old enough to drink. Anyway, they got wasted, and the next day they were shown passed out lying together on the sofa. Anything could have happened, right? .. lol! .. It was like the set-up to a gay porn scene between two 'straight' bros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415November 6, 2022 1:06 AM

Marion Cantone went on and on about Thad and Justin Hartley being gay porn stars after they presented together at the Daytime Emmys one year.

It did seem like an odd pairing.

by Anonymousreply 416November 6, 2022 4:09 AM

R416 Somewhat understandable observation, since with the spiky, bleached blond hair "tips" they were both being styled with at the time, they actually did look like they could have stepped out of a Chi Chi La Rue production and got lost on their way to being presenters at The Grabby Awards.

by Anonymousreply 417November 6, 2022 9:45 PM

I would have let Bobby Marsino ride me raw!

by Anonymousreply 418November 7, 2022 12:04 AM

When does Scoche Marin as nuKatherine start airing?

by Anonymousreply 419November 7, 2022 8:16 AM

The writers are doing some last-minute storyline updates to make Scoche the new, hot love interest for Nick. She and Sally will have an epic throw down at Glam Club. It's going to be so good!

by Anonymousreply 420November 7, 2022 1:41 PM

Both Sally and NuKatherine go over the ledge. When they hit the street, they cause a car accident involving three other cars.

Besides both of them dying, at least six other characters involved in the car crash will be killed off all at once.

This plan to reset the show is being referred to as "The Late Eight." This could be a daytime first, and for once the SOD headline "Y&R CHANGES FOREVER," will actually have some truth to it.

by Anonymousreply 421November 7, 2022 7:17 PM

R399 AGREED. I like HER. I just hate the character. I actually think as an actress, she might be slumming it on Y and R.

by Anonymousreply 422November 8, 2022 2:12 PM

R417, Mario NAILED his commentaries on the DT Emmys and other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 423November 8, 2022 7:08 PM

Billionaires without Bedrooms. I think I found Dorit's next charity.

by Anonymousreply 424November 9, 2022 9:07 AM

As much of a joke as R421 is it would certainly stir things up.

by Anonymousreply 425November 9, 2022 2:56 PM

Devon, Abby, Chance and Amanda -- four characters who have been boring the hell out of us for months suddenly have something interesting going on.

by Anonymousreply 426November 9, 2022 4:47 PM

But as is typical of the show, they cut to the reveal too soon.

by Anonymousreply 427November 9, 2022 6:05 PM

In the old days, a despondent Chance and Amanda would've organized a massive search and rescue for Devon and Abby, whose plane had gone down in a violent snowstorm, only to find them in a cave, having sex to keep warm (but finding feelings).

I miss the old days.

by Anonymousreply 428November 9, 2022 6:16 PM

I noticed in the cast credits today that Kelsey Wang (Allie) was listed with with the non-contract players. Checking this out, there's a report that both she and Rory Gibson (Noah) have been bumped to recurring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429November 9, 2022 8:04 PM

Show certainly isn't doing anything with Noah and Allie, so not surprised they're now recurring.

Show's also not doing anything with Mariah and Tessa.

Or with Sharon. Michael & Lauren, Kevin & Chloe.

by Anonymousreply 430November 9, 2022 8:16 PM

Well, it IS The Young and the Restless, so more Nikki, Victor, Jack.....

by Anonymousreply 431November 9, 2022 8:30 PM

Tessa has been recurring for quite some time. They don't seem committed to this character. So unless they break Mariah and Tessa up, that means little to nothing for Mariah.

Michael & Lauren - Lauren's been recurring for years and years now, and Chrissy might as well be. Recall, they were gonna dump him along with Dougie ca. 2018. But I think he took the "Kate Linder Deal." IOW, his status remains "contract," but he's willing to work with little to no guarantee. There have been successive months during the last four years time when Michael hasn't been seen.

Kevin & Chloe - They've been recurring since about 2017. When they appear, they're basically glorified talk-to's. The production model on Days is different, but Rikkart been on contract there lately.

by Anonymousreply 432November 9, 2022 8:57 PM

He gets A LOT of shit here but Bryton James is fucking HOT.

by Anonymousreply 433November 10, 2022 10:24 AM

He's all yours.

by Anonymousreply 434November 10, 2022 11:51 AM

R433 NO

by Anonymousreply 435November 10, 2022 12:45 PM

So part of the 50th Anniversary includes getting rid of the main, historical Chancellor Estate set and replacing it with some cluttered room in the mansion?

by Anonymousreply 436November 11, 2022 7:51 PM

It looked like that yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 437November 11, 2022 7:56 PM

Jason Thompson and Jess Walton looked the same age today.

by Anonymousreply 438November 11, 2022 7:57 PM

But hey, it was a new set for a show that isn't doing a lot of sets these days.

by Anonymousreply 439November 11, 2022 7:58 PM

Jason is aging terribly. And, weirdly, he's really beginning to resemble Aunt Jack.

by Anonymousreply 440November 11, 2022 7:59 PM

I laughed when Billy told Jill he wants a job that fills him up.

Maybe he could become one of the bottom daddies at Twink Top, but he'd need to hit the gym.

by Anonymousreply 441November 11, 2022 8:29 PM

We are heading for a Who Shot Diane Jenkins storyline. Nikki probably will get arrested again, and a dramatic trial will ensue. Only Victor's ability to realize that Harrison is the shooter will get Nikki released.

by Anonymousreply 442November 12, 2022 2:35 AM

I'd rather Diane shot Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 443November 12, 2022 3:35 AM

And Phyllis. Why can't these shows jettison some dead weight and bring on some fresh characters?

by Anonymousreply 444November 12, 2022 9:00 AM

FREE CHANCE!

After all, Chance now says he can't be the man Abby wants.

As I recall, this is the exact same thing Chance's dad, Phillip, said to Nina when he eventually explained to her why he faked his death and took off for Oz.

They should think about giving Chance a hot twunk, detective partner now. This guy can help Chance figure things out while they're on an undercover police stakeout and are holed-up together in some seedy motel room.

by Anonymousreply 445November 14, 2022 7:38 PM

At least this time Nikki would have a dementia defence.

by Anonymousreply 446November 14, 2022 7:56 PM

I'd rather anyone shoot Phyllis dead. Anyone. And no jail time. Self-defense. Victoria can take her place as Villain of the Show.

by Anonymousreply 447November 14, 2022 8:03 PM

Stafford's camera mugging and tears are reminiscent of Kim Zimmer.

Not a good thing.

Just Sayin'

by Anonymousreply 448November 14, 2022 8:06 PM

Syphyllis, Miss Piggy, and the SpermHo sitting around bitching about Dianejenkins has become quite tiresome now.

by Anonymousreply 449November 14, 2022 8:10 PM

I can’t believe this is all they have for Diane. This “story” has gone nowhere. Same thing everyday. Every promo. What was the point in bringing the character back?

by Anonymousreply 450November 14, 2022 8:25 PM

At least we got another segment of Sharon: Coffeehouse Counselor! LOL of course she told Chance that he would would things out with Abbie and then he promptly went home and told her they were done.

The Diane thing has become boring. They should have had her slip Jack something to put him into a coma, and then have her battle Jabottom for control of Jabot because Jack never updated his will from when he was married to Diane - or some nonsense like that. Then Allie could have entered the fray so she could at least have some kind of storyline.

by Anonymousreply 451November 15, 2022 12:12 AM

"Baby Beth is alive."

by Anonymousreply 452November 15, 2022 5:18 AM

Are we going with "Avon" or Debbie" for the ship names?

I can't believe there might be a couple on this show more boring than "Messa".

by Anonymousreply 453November 15, 2022 8:38 AM

Duhby

by Anonymousreply 454November 15, 2022 9:51 AM

Does Bryton pronounce his name bryTON, the way the show does with deVON?

by Anonymousreply 455November 16, 2022 12:31 AM

Remember when Bryton was trying to be mononymous like Prince, Usher, Drake, Nelly, etc. ... LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456November 16, 2022 2:07 AM

Why did The Cunt Trio have their meeting at the Abbotts, doesn't Diane live there? Sorry, I don't know the particulars of this show, except there are few sets used. I like ED, but sticking her with Miss Piggy and StaffInfection is stupid. Don't dumb down Ashley. Isn't Ash now old enough to be Tucker's mother?

by Anonymousreply 457November 16, 2022 2:37 AM

Dear God in Heaven, Ashley's got at least two more decades to go before she's as old as me.

by Anonymousreply 458November 16, 2022 6:09 AM

Those three are worthless. If they want to deal with Diane, the need to call in the big guns: Tracey and Lauren. They know how to handle a problematic bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 16, 2022 9:04 AM

R456 No, I don't.

by Anonymousreply 460November 16, 2022 12:05 PM

R459 The current writers probably don't remember this, but Lauren and Diane used to be pals when their men, Paul and Andy were business partners in the detective agency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 16, 2022 7:08 PM

Trevor St. John may be too young for the part, but he's doing a great job as Tucker.

Stephen Nichols never really worked playing Tucker for me, but TSJ is working. He is Tucker. I look forward to seeing what he's up to.

It's a lot like the Adam character never really worked for me until Mark Grossman started playing him.

by Anonymousreply 462November 16, 2022 7:20 PM

Agree with r462. TSJ is the only Tucker I’ve ever known, and he’s doing fine. Mark Grossman is not only my favorite Adam, but is the reason I started watching Y&R again.

I was in an office at a hospital waiting for a procedure to start, and the tv was tuned in to Y&R. This wonderful actor was on, and I couldn’t wait to watch the next episode.

That was Mark Grossman and I’ve tuned in ever since.

by Anonymousreply 463November 16, 2022 7:28 PM

Is Jill back for good or is Walton just doing a minimum to keep her health insurance?

by Anonymousreply 464November 16, 2022 7:40 PM

SAG-AFTRA tells seniors to go on Medicare now.

by Anonymousreply 465November 16, 2022 7:48 PM

Imagine how many Medicare advantage plans Jill Foster Abbott could sell if she was on OTA channels every 20 minutes:

"Welcome to my retirement."

by Anonymousreply 466November 16, 2022 7:57 PM

On yesterday's show, (Nov. 15th), Diane referred to the trio as, "hyenas". That was good for a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 467November 16, 2022 8:27 PM

Michelle Stafford needs to stop blowing up her lips. Her face looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 468November 16, 2022 9:36 PM

Walton won't return full-time, because she's too settled in Oregon and enjoys playing doting grandma too much and being with her dogs and horses.

Rather a head-shaker, though, that they bring Jill in for what? .. this mediocre Chancellor-Winters business material - just so she can tell Billy off, yet AGAIN. .. Why hasn't she stopped by the Chancellor Estate to visit her GRANDSON, Chance, and Baby Dominic? .. The same week we saw Jill with Lily & Billy was when Chance found out that Abby had sex with DuhVon. .. Why wasn't Jill played in that big reveal. so she could slap the cheatin' bitch? .. Then, after Jill has told Abby off, she could have run into Aunt Jack at Society and let him know what his skank-of-a-niece has been up to. .. But instead, they stick Jill in a scene with 'stranger' Sally in a chat that went nowhere?

by Anonymousreply 469November 16, 2022 9:39 PM

And before leaving town, Jill could give Diane a vicious face slapping - just because!

by Anonymousreply 470November 16, 2022 9:56 PM

With Lily and Billy having issues, she'll probably end up having Daniel 'comfort' her.

I know CK and Graz love working together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471November 16, 2022 10:01 PM

r471

He can comfort me anytime

by Anonymousreply 472November 16, 2022 10:11 PM

Those three look terrific. Stand LLB next to MS (if she can stop twerking for a minute) and which bitch has it goin' on?

by Anonymousreply 473November 16, 2022 11:09 PM

Does Jill still call everybody darlin' like she's suddenly from Texas?

by Anonymousreply 474November 16, 2022 11:30 PM

R474 Yes. It's really eye-rolling, isn't it? She drops her g's on other words as well and has been heard saying, "hun." .. But why the hell does Jess do that? She's neither a Texan nor an Okie. And it certainly doesn't inform the character of Jill.

by Anonymousreply 475November 17, 2022 1:15 AM

I hate Jess Walton as Shrill Foster.

by Anonymousreply 476November 17, 2022 1:54 AM

Michael Damian looks great! I can't remember, did Peter Barton's character die on the show? I'd love to see him back, too.

by Anonymousreply 477November 17, 2022 8:41 AM

He did die, R477. I’m trying to remember what happened.

by Anonymousreply 478November 17, 2022 10:54 AM

R477 Yes. Peter Barton's character, Scott Grainger, died. As I recall, it was one of those cases of Soap Opera Mystery Illness during the Catalina Island cross-over with B&B.

He seems a little odd. He put this photo up last month. Yes, that's his real hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479November 17, 2022 10:55 AM

I forgot to add he's MAGA. Loves the Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 480November 17, 2022 11:07 AM

Thanks, all.

by Anonymousreply 481November 17, 2022 11:16 AM

Sharon told Chelsea that she could move into the now-vacant apartment above Crimson Lights, because Messa has moved to the Tack House.

Have TPTB forgotten that they moved Adam and Connor into the Tack House last year? LOL!

Of course, I think it's another set that we haven't seen now for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 482November 17, 2022 7:12 PM

Where did you find that picture, R479?

by Anonymousreply 483November 17, 2022 10:33 PM

R483 On his rarely-used Instagram. @thepeterbarton (Peter Thomas Barton)

by Anonymousreply 484November 18, 2022 4:55 AM

This one's from Fraubook a couple of years ago. He's slightly more active there. He put this one up in November 2020 saying he was "praying" for Dump to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485November 18, 2022 5:09 AM

Oh boy…

by Anonymousreply 486November 18, 2022 11:23 PM

Too bad Ashley didn't steal Neil's sperm instead of Victor's to make Abby. Sleeping with her adopted half-brother might make this story interesting.

by Anonymousreply 487November 19, 2022 8:49 AM

I have never wanted someone to kill Phyllis more than I do right now. Of course, it would mean Diane would go to jail, which would be too bad, as I like Diane. I wasn’t watching when she “died,” so all I’ve seen her as is Phyllis’ victim.

I’ve always hated Phyllis. She makes me not want to watch, and to miss Drucilla.

by Anonymousreply 488November 19, 2022 9:06 AM

Stafford is repulsive. Nick would never have hit that - or Sally Spectrum, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 489November 19, 2022 10:40 AM

I miss Gina. She could act.

by Anonymousreply 490November 19, 2022 3:15 PM

[quote] Nick would never have hit that - or Sally Spectrum, for that matter.

Not sure about that. .. The image of Nick with Sally reminds me of Nick with Grace Turner. .. And besides the black bra and jazzy jewelry, does Sally leave her stilettos on when he's fucking her?

by Anonymousreply 491November 19, 2022 6:23 PM

R461, the current writers don't remember what was written a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 492November 20, 2022 1:17 AM

I caught a bit yesterday. Noah was having an adult conversation about adult issues (and looking older than his mother), while Nick and Adam were acting like school children.

by Anonymousreply 493November 22, 2022 8:32 AM

It's ludicrous that Nick would be after Adam's leftovers, especially someone like Sally Skank-tra. Speaking of old, Jason Thompson is looking ancient. What the hell happened?

by Anonymousreply 494November 22, 2022 12:01 PM

When Nick walked out of the bathroom in just a towel...Josh is keeping it together, kids.

by Anonymousreply 495November 22, 2022 1:26 PM

[quote] Speaking of old, Jason Thompson is looking ancient. What the hell happened?

He'd look even older if they didn't put shoe polish in his hair. There have been photos where he looks pretty gray.

by Anonymousreply 496November 22, 2022 9:48 PM

That looks like a teenaged Barbara Bush.

by Anonymousreply 497November 22, 2022 9:52 PM

Johnny and Connor show up for Turkey Day at Crimson Lights, where Nick announces that 'artistic' Christian has opted to stay home, because he wants to make Thanksgiving Cards (while supervised by Uncle Noah). .. Sounds like something a gayling would choose to do .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 498November 22, 2022 11:11 PM

Sally, you know Adam’s is the dick you want to suck. So suck it, already.

by Anonymousreply 499November 22, 2022 11:18 PM

Sally wants to be DP'd by Adam and Nick.

by Anonymousreply 500November 23, 2022 12:36 AM

I want to be DP'd by Adam and Nick.

by Anonymousreply 501November 23, 2022 8:22 AM

I never grew up. I want Nick to take me to a ball game or an arcade. :(

by Anonymousreply 502November 23, 2022 4:41 PM

Is Connor transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 503November 23, 2022 4:43 PM

Did the writers forget that Vicsnoria and Billy also have a daughter?

by Anonymousreply 504November 23, 2022 4:49 PM

R503 I think you mean Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 505November 23, 2022 7:02 PM

Nope, I meant Connor. Harrison is just a retard.

by Anonymousreply 506November 23, 2022 7:03 PM

R504 Victoria mentioned that Katie was at The Ranch with the Old Goat and Miss Piggy, sort of like Nick telling everyone that Christian opted to stay home with his brother-cousin, Noah.

by Anonymousreply 507November 23, 2022 7:04 PM

And Lily telling Victoria that Mattie and Charlie were staying in New York: "I just tell myself there's always Christmas." Khalil will never let them bring those children back.

by Anonymousreply 508November 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Interesting since Victor and Miss Piggy were at Society for their daily cup of coffee and slice of pie (shared).

by Anonymousreply 509November 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Daniel's still cute, but he should lose the half-ass, graying beard. .. It's patchy-looking and puts 10 years on him.

He looks better with just a three-day scruff and a little more volume in his hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510November 23, 2022 7:27 PM

R510 Nope. He looks HOT with the gray. Women aren't as shallow as soap queens so he probably doesn't care enough to dye it.

by Anonymousreply 511November 23, 2022 8:01 PM

Has nothing to do with being shallow. Daniel and Lily are supposed to be mid-30s. Graz's current look makes him appear even older than he actually is (43). And no one's asking him to dye it. (That rarely works out well.) .. Just take trim it down, since the patchiness highlights the fact that he can't grow a proper beard.

by Anonymousreply 512November 23, 2022 8:11 PM

Jack said Dina and John spent so many Thanksgiving at the Abbott table.

Not that many, Jackie boy.

Remember Dina walking out on the family?

by Anonymousreply 513November 23, 2022 8:19 PM

Aunt Jack was so fussy today., and I thought he was going to start blubbering during that final toast.

by Anonymousreply 514November 23, 2022 8:47 PM

r513

how old was Jack when she left? I thought he was a teenager

by Anonymousreply 515November 23, 2022 8:54 PM

R515 I think we heard Jackie was around 15 when Dina abandoned them. Plus, I know he was in his mid-20s when she came back in 1983, and at that time, they said she'd been gone for 12 years.

by Anonymousreply 516November 23, 2022 9:35 PM

In the recreated flashbacks of early Abbott family life that they aired a few years ago, they established that Dina left in 1972.

As I recall, Jack looked to be about 14, while Ashley looked about 11 or 12.

by Anonymousreply 517November 23, 2022 9:39 PM

So Dina missed about 13 thanksgivings initially; she popped in and out —- mostly out — over the next 30 ish years and was around for a few in the last few years

The show must think viewers are idiots

by Anonymousreply 518November 23, 2022 11:25 PM

Although, it's perfectly within Aunt Jack's character to re-imagine the past with a hefty dose of sugar-coated nostalgia.

by Anonymousreply 519November 23, 2022 11:41 PM

Tori must be threatening to unleash more photos of those kids until Candy gives in and offers up more money.

by Anonymousreply 520November 23, 2022 11:54 PM

Diane has certainly brought out the worst in the the ladies. Ashley was a straight up cunt yesterday.

I like Trevor St. John, but his Tucker is not good. He would've been a fun recast for Peter Blake on DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 521November 24, 2022 8:53 AM

R512 It has EVERYTHING to do with YOU being shallow. He doesn't look any older than actually he is. In fact, he doesn't look 43. He just doesn't look like a young, hairless 20-something. To your dismay, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 522November 24, 2022 1:12 PM

How is it Daniel and Lily both have college-age children? I wasn't watching then. Do they share parentage of any of them?

by Anonymousreply 523November 24, 2022 1:22 PM

No, Lilly's kids are from the Beastmaster. And they were both odd-looking and annoying as hell. I vaguely remember Daniel's kid but they shouldn't be he same age.

by Anonymousreply 524November 24, 2022 1:56 PM

[quote]Lily's kids are from the Beastmaster.

Who or what is "the Beastmaster"?

by Anonymousreply 525November 24, 2022 2:25 PM

Beastmaster aka Cane Ashby, the father of Lily's adult twins who will never be seen again on this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 24, 2022 3:31 PM

Those twins should never be seen again. They were aged too quickly, and the should have never looked like that.

by Anonymousreply 527November 24, 2022 3:54 PM

I hate to admit it; I liked the twins *ducks*.

by Anonymousreply 528November 24, 2022 4:46 PM

Daniel's daughter, Lucy was born in between Faith Newman and Moses Winters, so if they were to do consistent sorasing within that generation of kids, then she would be ready to start college as well. That's never a given, though, especially with the last several writing teams.

by Anonymousreply 529November 24, 2022 6:47 PM

R522 Hardly. And I have no issue with Graz's facial hair other than it's obvious he can't grow a decent beard, so should stick to scruff. And from the recent promo video of Daniel dressed in the holiday tux, it looks like the show (and he) agree, as the beard appears trimmed down.

by Anonymousreply 530November 24, 2022 7:02 PM

Goddard's gift was making this strained face somewhere between a grimace and a smirk, like a baby filling a diaper, so I took to calling him Canestipation.

It doesn't look like he's worked since 2019.

by Anonymousreply 531November 24, 2022 7:14 PM

MacKenzie Browning Hellstrom carried Cane and Lilly's twins since Lilly can't have children.

But show seems to have rid itself of all vestiges of Cane Ashbey, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 532November 24, 2022 7:44 PM

Who are the mothers of Daniel's children?

by Anonymousreply 533November 24, 2022 7:51 PM

R533 Daniel has one daughter named "Lucy Romalotti." .. .Lucy's mother is "Daisy Carter," one of Sheila Carter's made-up, retconned spawn.

by Anonymousreply 534November 24, 2022 8:18 PM

Ah, yes. Daisy and Ryder. The salad days.

by Anonymousreply 535November 24, 2022 8:23 PM

I remember Ryder. Wilson Bethel has never been anything less than gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536November 24, 2022 8:25 PM

Why did they get rid of the BeastMaster again? He was on the show a long time.

by Anonymousreply 537November 24, 2022 10:37 PM

I'm not sure why they got rid of Goddard, but the way they wrote Cane out was silly; he went off to find his father who's stolen Devon's money.

Well, Devon has his money back but there's no Cane to be found.

My question is who's raising little Sam? The child Cane supposedly had with Juliet?

by Anonymousreply 538November 24, 2022 11:48 PM

I read that that the show was tired of the Lily/Cane fans holding the show hostage. Plus the chick who plays Lily got bored and wasn't a fan. Goodard shot himself in the foot when he trashed a potential Cane/Tracey pairing. I can understand why he wasn't happy about the idea of doing that storyline, but he should have kept it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 539November 24, 2022 11:57 PM

I checked and Goddard was there 12 years. I know he really wanted to go back like Doug Davidson.

by Anonymousreply 540November 25, 2022 12:10 AM

MAB tried to get rid of Goddard near the end of 2011, but the rabid LANE stans dive-bombed Television City with their stupid plane, and Sony told her to rehire him.

This led to a re-imagining of events where it came out that it was Cane's twin, Caleb, who had been shot to death and not Cane. .. And with that rewrite, they ended up giving Cane an entire backstory involving his parents, the dead twin, and a younger sister (also dead) ... not to mention the mafia-like, Australian Cattle Rustlers ... lol.

by Anonymousreply 541November 25, 2022 12:48 AM

Has Ashley previously been this much of a cunt? She's been off-contract since I began watching Y&R this time around, so she's mostly the Jabot chemist. When I originally watched in the '80s and '90s, she was part of a triangle with Victor and Nikki. I never thought about her much one way or the other.

Now, I pray for a grease fire with her name on it. She's as horrid as Phyllis, who I also wish would die.

by Anonymousreply 542November 25, 2022 3:23 AM

MAB tried to say that it was the plan all along to bring Cane back but the twin (can't recall his name?) would not have said as his final words; "I love you, Lily."

by Anonymousreply 543November 25, 2022 4:00 AM

Can someone remind me why Ashley hates Diane?

by Anonymousreply 544November 25, 2022 4:11 AM

How did Daniel leave town previously?

He's now shacked up with Heather? As in Paul's daughter Heather Stevens the lawyer, last played by Eden Riegel.

by Anonymousreply 545November 25, 2022 6:14 AM

R545 The last Heather Stevens and the one Daniel left town with was played by Jennifer Landon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546November 25, 2022 6:56 AM

WHET Vail Bloom?

by Anonymousreply 547November 25, 2022 9:00 AM

R547 She got some notice as a "reality star" on "Vanderpump Rules," then had two kids, no mention of who the baby daddies are. She's on IG, appears single, and fairly well-off, so one might guess either someone's supporting her or she has a trust fund. As I recall, she went to Princeton and kind of fell into acting; it wasn't what she was studying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548November 25, 2022 9:49 AM

Thanks R548 .

by Anonymousreply 549November 25, 2022 9:52 AM

Vail was good as long as you didn't think of the Minnie Mouse voice; apparently, one year, she had the reel to beat.

I heard she got all A's at Princeton except for that one semester she went blonde.

by Anonymousreply 550November 25, 2022 6:23 PM

Yeah, Vail was really hard to listen to. Did it ever come out what her drug of choice was when she was doing Y&R?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551November 25, 2022 6:29 PM

Ashley needs to get dicked down, bad. Maye Y&R should hire Nicholas Chavez away from GH as nuReed Hellstrom for a little February/December love story.

by Anonymousreply 552November 28, 2022 4:38 PM

What Ashley needs is a good killing. Her and Phyllis. Nikki will automatically recede when she’s suddenly the only member left of the We Hate Diane club.

by Anonymousreply 553November 28, 2022 6:42 PM

[quote] Ashley needs to get dicked down, bad

Agreed. I'd use some history and have Ashwipe go to the Athletic Club and run into her former lover, Ravi .. actually NuRavi, who's been working out. .. We could put that mess behind us and finally understand what she saw in him .. lol. (Video)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554November 28, 2022 7:27 PM

So bored today that I began looking at the bookshelf in the Crimson Lights apartment that Chelsea has taken over. (Don't ask why Mariah & Tessa would move, it makes zero sense.) Anyway, it appears that our gal pals left the new tenant a bunch of their "junque" including their entire library of lesbian-ish book titles. Things must be so rough that even the set decorators can't afford to change such things... lol

Also, I had to laugh when Billy & Lily walked into Society. Isn't this place supposed to be really upscale? Yet, no host greets them, then Billy says he has to make a phone call, telling Lily "to go grab us a table," as if they're at some roadside diner where you just sit your ass down anywhere that's available.

And repeat after me: "Jeremy Stark is a bad man. Jeremy Stark is a bad man." .. "We're all in danger. We're all in danger." .. We'll be lucky if Jeremy kills anyone involved in this story.

by Anonymousreply 555December 1, 2022 8:51 PM

Can he start with Aunt Jack? I’m sick of his prisspot act.

by Anonymousreply 556December 1, 2022 10:03 PM

Sweet lord, Sharon Case trying to deliver dialogue through her latest procedure made her face look like it was going to snap off. Good thing they styled her weave to hide the sutures.

Props to Sally for taking Adam's dick for one last ride before she dumped him. That's some old school ho shit.

by Anonymousreply 557December 5, 2022 5:16 PM

[quote] ... taking Adam's dick for one last ride

I imagine Sally will end up PG in another Adam-Nick "Who's the Daddy?"

I'd like to care about this triangle, but have little use for Sally and her oh-woe-is-me troubles. When it comes to this actress and me, less is definitely more.

by Anonymousreply 558December 5, 2022 6:00 PM

If they wanted to do something entertaining, this bad bad Jeremy Stark should invite all Hot 'n' Bothered JaBottom into his hotel room. Then, after listening to Kyle's tirade, Jeremy would make him an indecent proposal.

"Let me fuck you, and I'll leave Diane, and all of you Abbott's alone. .. Simple enough. .. Plus, I guarantee you'll enjoy it."

After all, Sexy Daddy Jeremy has been to prison. He obviously knows his way around a hot ass or two! Making this character bisexual would be interesting.

And after a flustered Kyle stomps out in a huff, Jeremy's rough trade hook-up comes out of the bathroom, freshly-showered wearing only a towel. Oh wait, that's actually FenMo! He just looks a different because he's back on drugs and selling his ass to support his habit.

Jeremy looks at Fen and asks, "Do you want some room service?", and Fen replies, "I don't know. Am I spending the night?"

by Anonymousreply 559December 5, 2022 7:33 PM

r559 If only.

by Anonymousreply 560December 5, 2022 7:41 PM

Lily should be in her 40s. They retconned and claimed she had the twins at 19. They’ve been in college for years. But I’m confused why some claim the twins should’ve never looked like that? Do you mean their looks? I thought the casting for Charlie was way off. Maddie was clearly mixed.

by Anonymousreply 561December 6, 2022 12:47 AM

Lily never talks about her kids much, and they never come home for holidays. They must hate her!

by Anonymousreply 562December 10, 2022 4:06 PM

This show sucks.

I'm ready for Cane to return (and give Traci that deep dicking), along with Theo (who can give it to Lauren), and Carmine (who can finally turn Michael out). Maybe they can all come back for Lily's funeral.

Melissa Ordway and Bryton James are two of the worst actors on daytime, and they've had years to get better.

by Anonymousreply 563December 10, 2022 4:12 PM

Even them hooking up was beyond boring

by Anonymousreply 564December 10, 2022 4:22 PM

I like Devon's apartment more than any other Y&R set, but could they please switch out the yellow pillows for some other colors. Turquoise would be nice. Or chartreuse.

by Anonymousreply 565December 10, 2022 4:23 PM

Yes, turquoise pillows would really bring out the luster of the kitchen hardware, and highlight the coasters on the coffee table.

by Anonymousreply 566December 10, 2022 4:43 PM

If Chelsea feels that bad about drugging and raping Billy, maybe she should hand herself over to the authorities.

btw - Has the con artist ever been arrested and put in jail for any of her schemes? .. Besides the ones she did with her mother and on her own, she had that partner, Jordan, and we heard the two of them worked together frequently, usually conning older women out of their life savings. .. And she got off stealing money from Fenmores, because Victor gave Lauren replacement money.

by Anonymousreply 567December 13, 2022 7:15 PM

I've said this before but my guess is that at the time TPTB didn't want Billy cheating on Victoria willingly; so they write in this 'rape' bit where Billy impregnated a woman but didn't knowingly cheat on Victoria.

If that's the plan then don't cast Missy Egan -- a fan fave with staying power -- in that role; hire a day player you can kill off whom no one will miss.

But nope. No one has a long term vision anymore and fans have long memories.

this is why soaps are dying.

by Anonymousreply 568December 14, 2022 12:35 AM

Who's having sex first? Sharon and Chance? Nate and Devon? or Connor and Johnny?

by Anonymousreply 569December 14, 2022 8:46 AM

OMG a straight friend of mine saw me watching Connor and Johnny having their hot chocolate, and first asked why there were no napkins or utensils at the tables in Crimson Lights, then asked if those 2 little queers were on a date.

by Anonymousreply 570December 14, 2022 1:40 PM

I saw that scene yesterday and immediately thought they're setting Johnny and Connor up to be gaymers.

But since they're half-brothers, the furthest they can go is jacking off together.

The big story would be when they both fall for the star lacrosse player at Walnut Grove; then the competition of their game playing would really kick in.

by Anonymousreply 571December 14, 2022 7:31 PM

We're gonna fuck after Nikki's Christmas Concerto.

by Anonymousreply 572December 14, 2022 7:42 PM

Adam's hookup with Rafe should be out there on the Internets, because Billy wrote about it in his cover story "Restless Style" exposée of Adam.

I remember there being a funny line within the article with Billy describing it as Adam "satisfying his own carnal desires" ..lol.

by Anonymousreply 573December 14, 2022 8:06 PM

Tony Morina is OUT as EP.

Josh Griffin is now going to do double duty as HW and EP!?!?!??!?!

Interestingly enough, it was the week before Christmas 2018 that Mal Young was let go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574December 19, 2022 5:14 PM

We’re about to get even more Chelsea. Great.

by Anonymousreply 575December 19, 2022 5:52 PM

I can understand them not opting to change head writers as we go into the 50th Anniversary. I mean, it doesn't sound like there's all that much planned, but still, it may not be the best time to make that kind of change with just 65 episodes to go. Whatever they're doing has already been outlined-written, so now it needs to be produced, better by someone involved with it.

Griffith as a total showrunner? Will he have a co-head writer? If not. he may have (another) nervous breakdown. I'm thinking his exit will be announced next summer.

On another note, maybe depositions/evidence gathering in the MeToo lawsuit against Morina isn't going well. Isn't that scheduled to go to jury trial in March? Happy Anniversary Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 576December 19, 2022 7:07 PM

I thought the reason the show has been so bad for so long is because Griffith spends all of his time writing his self-published novels? Didn't Pratt get this same career path about 10 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 577December 19, 2022 8:28 PM

R577 His Amazon profile shows he hasn't cranked one of those out since May 2020,

by Anonymousreply 578December 19, 2022 9:06 PM

Stafford is horrible. HORRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 579December 20, 2022 1:01 PM

Why are all of these terrible parents coddling their kids? Who fucking cares what Harrison thinks about where they spend Christmas? They's an aspie mute. Why is Victoria acting like Chelsea is someone she hasn't interacted with for over a decade? And you're telling me that Johnny doesn't have a playstation? His "mother" got $500 million just for being born.

by Anonymousreply 580December 20, 2022 5:16 PM

Audra reminds me of Isabella. Man, Eva Longoria was awful when she was on the show. Maybe Audra is Ricky's twin? But then they'd have to bring Paul back. And they seem to hate Davidson. Oh, well. I'm sure Josh Griffith has it all worked out.

by Anonymousreply 581December 20, 2022 5:24 PM

Stafford reminds me of a female William Devane, minus the talent.

by Anonymousreply 582December 20, 2022 6:24 PM

Why does Tucker McFail have a room at the Grand Phoenix now?

He was originally living in a far more posh suite at Athletic Club.

He must be looking for bell boys who are more low rent and rough trade.

by Anonymousreply 583December 20, 2022 7:45 PM

I’m recovering from a knee replacement. 🏥

You got that!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584December 20, 2022 10:53 PM

Jabottom is STRAIGHT?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585December 21, 2022 12:33 AM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 21, 2022 1:29 AM

Mealor looks trapped .

Tony is 100% innocent. Let's just say someone got their showrunners mixed up when they started accusing.

The writing is horrible. HORRIBLE.

Foster care child Devon giving away his baby?

Phyllis Nikki and Diane -- all around 60 or so -- acting like teen mean girls?

They can't seem to write for a new young guy on the show -- Fenmore, Noah, Moses all come and go.

by Anonymousreply 587December 21, 2022 2:22 AM

I mean...Bold and The Beautiful is just as bad. The entire state's police force is after a 60+-year-old woman--who cut off her own toe--and constantly stays one step ahead of them

by Anonymousreply 588December 21, 2022 11:43 AM

R588 B&B is a comedy. The dialogue, Sheila defending her actions to Deacon 'Taylor and I became friends...after I shot her' - I don't know how the actors deliver these lines with a straight face. All the toe talk, a bear supposedly mauls a woman to death, but leaves a perfectly cut middle toe. It's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 589December 21, 2022 11:55 AM

That bitch has shot entire families. LITERALLY.

by Anonymousreply 590December 21, 2022 12:09 PM

[quote]That bitch has shot entire families. LITERALLY.

But it was always because they were messing with her. If they just left her alone, she wouldn't be shooting up folks.

by Anonymousreply 591December 21, 2022 12:13 PM

Shouldn't Victoria's son Reed be out of college by now? Another legacy family lost character. But he'd take airtime away from the over 65 set. The Young and the Restless indeed.

by Anonymousreply 592December 21, 2022 12:30 PM

Y & R could use some of the craziness that B&B has. Instead of everyone blah blahing over uninteresting Chelsea's mental health, they should have let the bitch go bonkers, shoot up Crimson Lights and then die in a spectacular death.

by Anonymousreply 593December 21, 2022 2:42 PM

I keep hoping Jeremy Stark will end up killing Phyllis, Ashley, and Nikki, all with one spray from his AK-47.

by Anonymousreply 594December 21, 2022 2:46 PM

When does Jeremy Stark get naked?

by Anonymousreply 595December 21, 2022 4:38 PM

Chelsea and Billy are even more boring then Lilly and Billy. I didn’t think it was possible.

by Anonymousreply 596December 22, 2022 2:13 AM

I’m ready to kick Jack Abbott’s ass!! You got that!?

First, I’m going home for some slap and tickle with the wife.

by Anonymousreply 597December 22, 2022 3:00 AM

I got so excited I accidentally hit post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598December 22, 2022 3:02 AM

^ Didn't he already have his hips done several years ago?

Knee replacement recovery takes far longer. If he goes into work while he's in physio, they'll have to wheel him into his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 599December 22, 2022 4:42 AM

[quote]I died of boredom in Genoa City!

Boredom? I'm pretty sure it was infected cunt, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 600December 22, 2022 5:03 AM

Bye, Bye Gurls.

Who says Y&R doesn't do camp?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 22, 2022 5:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!