Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Malcolm Gets?

Someone mentioned Adam & Steve on one of the Billy Eichner threads and how huny malcon gets was in it back in the day. He's in his late 50s now and has done hardly any work in years.

Does anyone know what happened to him, and why he's disappeared? He was basically the male lead on a sitcom that ran for several years ("Caroline and the City") and has an MFA from Yale Drama School. he was not conventionally attractive, but he had a great body and great blond hair. He's too old now to play leading roles, but I'm surprised he doesn't do more guest-starring work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2022 8:21 PM

He moved to Florida and is the drama professor at the University of Florida

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2022 7:10 PM

Malcolm's great body and great hair back in the day:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2022 7:10 PM

You may find this thread of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2022 7:11 PM

Whatever Malcolm wants, Malcolm Gets.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2022 7:16 PM

He was great opposite Jessica Lange in 2009's Grey Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2022 7:19 PM

[quote] and how huny malcon gets was in it back in the day.

This was supposed to read "and how hunky Malcolm Gets was back in the day"

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2022 7:20 PM

Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Malcolm Gets is fine! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Good Lord does he look elderly in that photo at r7. And he's not even 60.

He needs to eat more cheeseburgers, and he should wear a collared shirt with that neck.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2022 7:39 PM

R9 I think he looks fine

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2022 7:41 PM

Yikes! That today photo from U of Florida!

Had such a crush on him in Caroline in the City. Used to fantasize about threeways with Malcom, Eric Lutes.

He was such fantasy material, had hoped (expected) him to have aged more gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2022 7:54 PM

I saw him in "Finian's Rainbow" at Reprise back in 1997 (with Andrea Marcovicci and Rex Smith.) I think he also appeared in the Irish Repertory Theatre's production of that show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2022 7:55 PM

Eric Lutes is now teaching at the University of Rhode Island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2022 8:44 PM

Eric Glutes.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2022 10:06 PM

Eric Lutes had (still has?) a great ass, so he deserves the title "Eric Glutes."

the best ass on the whole show, though, was the little guy Andy Bauer who played Charlie, Del's little sidekick. he was not very handsome, but he had a great body 9though a short one) and incredibly sweet, and he had this phenomenal ass that the show always highilghted by putting on roller skates (for no reason) in every scene. i would watch that show just to look at all three of the male leads and their nice bodies, but especially Andy Bauer's ass of death.

There was no other possible reason for why to watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2022 10:11 PM

It would be really weird to have your theater professor be someone whose biggest claim to fame was that he once played a leading role on "Caroline and the City."

"C'mon people, I've worked with genuine professionals before, and you never saw Lea Thompson or Amy Pietz complain they didn't have time to memorize a monologue from Shakespeare because they had to work the night shift at the Olive Garden!

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2022 10:13 PM

Robert Gant also did a stint on the show for nine episodes, so the casting director had a good idea for beefcake. I think both he and Lutes aged better than gets did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2022 10:16 PM

The stuff of my teen spank bank! The male cast of Caroline had such great asses in acid wash jeans!!!

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2022 10:20 PM

r15 His name is LAUER (no relation to Matt.)

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2022 10:28 PM

The top of Malcolm's head is cropped at r7, so I assume he's quite bald (unlike Eric Lutes, who is just balding).

I am always surprised when aging actors don't get hair transplants. (It's not that expensive if you go to Istanbul to get it done.) But maybe since they're no longer acting nor living in LA they don't care.

My cousin who works at Marvel just got a hair transplant at age 50, and he doesn't even work before the camera: but he says in LA you've got to make people in the film/TV business think you're younger when you get over 40. (He makes a fortune so he had his transplant in the LA area, where it costs about three times more than in Istanbul.)

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2022 6:47 PM

r20 I thought the same thing. Figured Malcolm was balding. Turns out that's not correct.

If you click on the photo at r7 link, you'll get the full picture, not just the cropped photo on the university website.

You'll see Malcolm with a full head of hair.

Or to save you time, I linked the photo below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2022 7:23 PM

He looks like Tony Randall.

(Everyone looks like Tony Randall to me.)

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2022 7:30 PM

^same here

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2022 7:34 PM

And if you click on the photo of Malcolm at r21's link it magnifies to an extent that you can see he has pretty perfect, unlined skin for a man almost hitting 60.

I know Malcolm. He got sick of the business and wanted out, and at least for the time being, and took advantage of the teaching offer his alma mater offered him. He's long-partnered and quite happy. And couldn't care less what you idiots think. I don't know Eric Lutes but I'd imagine much the same with him.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2022 7:45 PM

He has a wonderful duet with Barbara Cook on her second Carnegie Hall album:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote] And couldn't care less what you idiots think.

Holy shit, do you ever have a chip on YOUR shoulder. Calm down, Mary.

If you want to be a star (as he did) and appear on TV, you're going to get talked about. both while you're a star and afterwards. No one gets special exemptions from gossip because they're your special protected friend, and it's both self-centered of you to think otherwise.

And it's also incredibly hypocritical of you: You know full well why you came to a gay gossip site in the first place, and it sure wasn't to get Greg's recipes.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2022 8:20 PM

So what exactly was he in the middle of?

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2022 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!