Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WALKER Season 3 + WALKER Independence

Season premiere and series premiere tonight (October 6) on the CW.

Jared Padalecki is Executive Producer of both shows.

by Anonymousreply 63March 31, 2023 5:12 AM

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2022 2:05 AM

NOPE.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2022 2:17 AM

I want to see Matt Barr shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2022 2:54 AM

OMG! Colin Ford is playing a young Cordel!!!

How fucking awesome is that!!

That’s fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2022 1:20 AM

Is this the prequel for Texas Ranger, starring that pint-sized harlot Chuck Norris?

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2022 1:43 AM

That's so cool R4.

I love how there's so much continuity between Supernatural and Walker.

CW really takes care of its actors, that's for sure.

Many of the guest actors got to come back to Supernatural as different characters.

Now many of the guest actors are getting a chance to play new roles on Jared's new show, such as Colin Ford and Mark Shepard.

I think that's awesome!

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2022 1:45 AM

[quote] Is this the prequel for Texas Ranger, starring that pint-sized harlot Chuck Norris?

No, it's the prequel for the RE-MAKE of Walker Texas Ranger. But the re-make is just called Walker, and it's on the CW.

Now, Walker Independence is the Prequel for the CW show.

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2022 1:46 AM

Nobody asked for a Walker prequel.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2022 1:48 AM

Nevertheless, one was made.

The first episode was pretty good. It’s a whole new Wild West world and it’s a diverse cast.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2022 1:52 AM

I just watch for Matt Barr!

His body is phenomenal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2022 1:58 AM

Those Walker kids are beyond idiotic and stupid.

They could’ve gotten killed by those thugs. Wish they had.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2022 2:04 AM

I love Kale Culley as August Walker.

The actor is quite cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2022 2:25 AM

I can't believe that Kale is still only 17.

He looks older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2022 2:39 AM

If the kids were shipped off to military school or college we might get more gay plot.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2022 2:40 AM

R5 since when is Kat a harlot?

by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2022 4:48 AM

Why is Cordell always getting kidnapped?

Also, when will Liam ever get a decent boyfriend, and have rough sex on camera?

by Anonymousreply 16October 14, 2022 3:05 PM

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2022 3:12 AM

Local affiliate decided to air ladies volleyball tonight instead of Walker

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2022 3:15 AM

It was mentioned in the Winchester’s thread that many local CW affiliates were losing the channel.

Media star and Verizon were fighting or something.

Independence is getting good. Don’t look now but it seems Calian and Hoyt are developing a friendship.

Shipping potential? Perhaps. 😍

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2022 5:12 PM

I have no faith in the show when it comes to anything remotely gay R19

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2022 5:16 PM

Well, it would be all in the eye of the beholder, of course.

God knows we didn’t need much to start shipping those gorgeous “brothers”

The Apache was following Hoyt around and came to his rescue, plus they rode on that one horse together, twice.

😬😬

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2022 6:15 PM

Ugh, another spectacularly boring Walker. That daughter and son have got to be the most incredibly stupid people to ever exist.

JFC. Hell, even Jared is boring in this role.

Puerto Ricans?? In the middle of the entire fucking state and you have fucking Ricans??? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

It’s a dull show, especially now that we have the Independence show to measure it by. Love the Independence show.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2022 2:06 AM

More Augie, please!

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2022 2:09 AM

Kill off the daughter

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2022 2:11 AM

THR says that both shows are on the bubble with Nexstar.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2022 2:16 AM

R25, does that mean there will be another "CW Bloodbath?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2022 2:27 AM

Possibly r26 because a number of other CW shows are also on the bubble or not getting renewed.

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2022 3:09 AM

Well!!

What a nice kiss! Finally the brother gets a nice smooch.

Please kill both kids with fire! Please! I’m begging here.

The grandma was right. Entitled, spoilt, horrible brats.

Im loving Jake as the assistant to the mayor. He actually has really good chemistry with Cassie.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2022 5:08 PM

Kale Culley posted this.

Is that a BULGE I see in Keegan Allen's jeans???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2023 2:05 PM

Has the show been renewed for a season four?

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2023 12:49 AM

No word yet on that, R30.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2023 2:12 AM

So the former Pinkerton lady plays for the other team. At least she seemed attracted to the sister. Cool.

Walker had another former Sup actor, one of the prisoners from Folsom Prison Blues.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2023 5:11 AM

Woof! Lots of eye candy in todays Independence show!

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2023 2:58 AM

Not looking good for the Walker shows, or the CW in general next season

[quote]The CW only expects to have three U.S. scripted original series next season, including the recently renewed All American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2023 1:54 AM

Source, R34??

Not even TVLine has said that.

Or I haven’t read that particular article.

by Anonymousreply 35January 28, 2023 3:46 AM

Is Walker back for 2023 yet?

I missed most of the Fall episodes, but I was hoping to catch some of the new ones this Spring.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2023 2:19 AM

Next week, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2023 3:15 AM

This show is amazing!

Has it been renewed for season 4?

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2023 4:00 AM

Not yet.

It might not be.

Since the CW is now defunct, we have to wait to see if the assholes at MediaStar, or whoever the hell owns them now, will pick the show up for another season.

Many shows are awaiting their fate. The only show, so far, that has been picked up, bizarrely, is All American. Which is a low rated (in comparison) to the other CW shows.

Maybe Jared can shop around both of his shows to a streaming service.

I think (and hope) The Winchesters are dead in the water.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2023 5:54 PM

Yes, last Thursdays episode was very good.

It’s been getting better and better with this current storyline.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2023 5:57 PM

R39 I had a lot to say about The Winchesters when it first premiered.

I wanted so much to like that show, but the casting and storylines were all wrong.

It was nothing reminiscent of the original Supernatural.

Too much "I'm a bad ass chick" action for young Mary Winchester (which is totally out of character for Mary Winchester), and young John Winchester was basically emasculated by young Mary, which is another thing I hated about this show.

I'm so sick of "tough chicks" on television shows, always trying to prove how tough they are.

Just fucking act normal, and true to character.

Mary Winchester was indeed a strong willed and forceful character, but in a much more subtle and subdued way. She was still feminine and soft, but her strength came from her words and actions, and sometimes through force. But that wasn't the essence of her character.

If you watch the Supernatural pilot, she was just a regular mom, and a pretty typical housewife for the early 1980's.

But The Winchesters would have you believe that when she first met John in her early 20's, she was like Jet Li or something.

Totally ridiculous, especially since we already go to know her character (when Dean went back in time) and met her. She was soft, and calm, yet her strength came from inside, and not from some overt physicality.

That's why the characters on The Winchesters failed. They were not at all true to the original characters developed in Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2023 6:26 PM

I understand your point, R41, but you did realize that this Mary Campbell was not “our” Mary Campbell?

It was determined that these Winchesters were from another universe.

So this Mary was another version of the Mary we knew and grew to hate in those last seasons.

Apparently Jack restored all the other universes that Chuck had destroyed.

What I think would be awesome would be that Dean could go from universe to universe correcting all that went wrong in those respective worlds.

Each season a new universe. That would be cool and keep things interesting. They could keep the same actors.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2023 6:43 PM

[quote] you did realize that this Mary Campbell was not “our” Mary Campbell?

[quote] It was determined that these Winchesters were from another universe.

I didn't realize that, R42. That does change things, and thanks for correcting me.

Do you know why the writers and producers chose to go in that direction?

If I had to think of a reason, it was probably so that they could write some new "canon" for the characters, rather than being bound by the old canon.

It would have been really hard to abide by 15 years of Supernatural legacy and legend, I suppose.

Much easier to start from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2023 6:53 PM

Yes, that’s exactly why they did it.

They couldn’t mess with the established storyline from the original show.

That’s why so, so many people were against this from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2023 7:03 PM

At least Jensen gave it a shot.

To be honest, I think he rushed it.

His production company should have taken the time to do it right.

If you're going to re-imagine the Supernatural universe, then do it big and bold!

This incarnation of The Winchesters was kind of dry, to be honest.

Also, I didn't care much for the actors. They didn't have a lot of chemistry.

With Jared and Jensen, it's like Supernatural was struck by lightning with their chemistry.

That's really what it all comes down to, for a show to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2023 7:10 PM

Yes, chemistry is everything.

He wanted to strike while the iron was hot, I guess. Unfortunately for him, he decided to go solo.

Whether you think he should have let his co-star of 15 YEARS know he was planning this or not, people really hated what Jensen did.

So then people were put off from the entire project and wished it ill from the start.

I’m still trying to understand why Jensen did that. Depending on what camp you are in, it’s hard to fathom that Jared wouldn’t know what Jensen was planning. These guys lived together at one point, they live in the same city, their kids call each of them Uncle Jared, Uncle Jensen. Many believe their relationship goes much deeper than that.

Unless Jared was kidding when he said he was “gutted”, it went too far and he couldn’t say it was just a joke.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2023 7:30 PM

I’m still trying to understand why Jensen did that. Depending on what camp you are in, it’s hard to fathom that Jared wouldn’t know what Jensen was planning. These guys lived together at one point, they live in the same city, their kids call each of them Uncle Jared, Uncle Jensen.

I have no doubt that Jensen left Supernatural with a bad taste in his mouth.

Not only did they kill off his character early (making it difficult for him to appear in a future Supernatural movie), but Jared immediately had another project lined up, while Jensen didn't.

For an actor, you can be as close as family to another actor, but there will always be a rivalry and a competition for jobs.

Especially for two guys who were essentially on even footing for 15 years on the same show, and then all of a sudden that dynamic changes.

I think Jensen was hurt, and he and Danneel decided that this was something they wanted to be "their own." Especially since Walker now belonged to Jared (and he is an Executive Producer, which they never were on Supernatural).

Unfortunately, that plan spectacularly backfired.

Jensen even made Kripke look bad, because at first Kripke sided with Jensen Tweeting that Jared was clearly "too busy" to care about a Supernatural remake.

But when Kripke realized that Jensen never TOLD Jared about The Winchesters project, he actually had to publicly apologize to Jared. I'm sure Kripke wasn't happy about that.

Then Jensen just tried to gloss the whole thing over.

Fortunately, Jared is a big enough person to forgive and forget, so they patched things up pretty quickly.

However, the damage was already done to The Winchesters project.

I think that if/when Walker isn't renewed, they should work together on another post-Supernatural project. Maybe even a movie with sequels!

They could bring back an entire stable of actors who had previously appeared on the television show.

Fans would love that.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2023 7:44 PM

Well, technically, both brothers died at the end.

And, yes, Jensen did bitch about being killed off but eventually he came to terms with that.

Danneel has no claims to that show. None.

It’s too soon for a reboot or re-visit to that show.

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2023 10:25 PM

[Quote] I’m still trying to understand why Jensen did that.

Because Jared is an asshole with rage issues. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2023 2:08 PM

Yeah, such an asshole that Jensen chose to keep working with him for 15 years.

According to everybody, apparently, Jensen is the greatest actor to ever act. Why didn’t he leave the show if he was so popular?

He had to be given a role in that Kripke disgusting shitfest, The Boys.

He was given a role in that Big Sky show, which was mediocre at best.

But yes, do go on about Jared’s temper issues. Which, if I recall, never involved bad behavior on ANY set Jared has worked on.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2023 5:40 PM

R50 it's this thing called a contract. And there have been stories about Jared's temper on/off set. It's not a secret, he showed his true colours on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2023 11:56 PM

Give an example of a temper tantrum on set.

You apparently know more.

They kept renewing contracts. It wasn’t a fifteen- year contract, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2023 12:48 AM

Why do the Jared haters always appear on these kinds of threads?

Get over it.

He was young and dumb and made some mistakes.

The guy is 40 now, and way past his "bad boy" days.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2023 4:50 AM

[quote]Fortunately, Jared is a big enough person to forgive and forget

?????

This the same freak who will dox a waitress if she forgets to bring a straw for his soda.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2023 5:05 AM

He doxxed her because she was extremely rude and snobbish, not because she forgot to bring him a straw.

Idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2023 5:13 AM

R55, actually that link just says she was mean. "Mean" is fairly subjective.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2023 5:30 AM

[Quote] They kept renewing contracts. It wasn’t a fifteen- year contract, dumbass.

No shit, Sherlock.

[Quote] Why do the Jared haters always appear on these kinds of threads? Get over it. He was young and dumb and made some mistakes.

[Quote] He doxxed her because she was extremely rude and snobbish, not because she forgot to bring him a straw. Idiot.

Why do SPN fans come here? This isn't tumblr. Jared wasn't young when he made those tweets and the only idiot here is you by making excuses for him like the pathetic stan you are.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2023 10:12 AM

Listen R57, you hateful beast.

This is a thread for Jared FANS, not Jared haters.

So get lost, you creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2023 10:19 AM

R58 I don't have to do shit.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2023 10:23 AM

This is a thread to discuss the show.

It’s getting good and once again, Cordell is in peril.

They couldn’t keep the Jake character a good guy. They had to make him a hateful traitor. It was a great twist, too.

New episode this Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2023 6:17 PM

So that ended quickly.

I thought for sure this would drag out for several more episodes.

It’s good Cordell had somewhere to go and that his Pa was there with him.

I love the locations they are using. Austin has many diverse neighborhoods. That airstrip was cool.

by Anonymousreply 61March 31, 2023 3:04 AM

What happened to the guy Liam was dating? Cassie's gay brother

by Anonymousreply 62March 31, 2023 3:18 AM

He was in the background on last weeks show. He’s still there, just no storyline for Liam or him.

by Anonymousreply 63March 31, 2023 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!