Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Frasier’ sequel officially happening at Paramount+

I hope it’s good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2022 9:42 PM

Yuck

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2022 9:44 PM

I love Frasier, but I don't picture this working.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2022 9:45 PM

I'll wait and hold judgement until I it.

But i hope this is not a situation like Murphy Brown, which should have starred Avery Brown with his mother Murphy there as a supporting player.

Maybe Fraiser needs to star Freddie Crane with his father Frasier as a supporting player.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote] I hope it’s good!

I will be picking the scenery out of my teeth.

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2022 10:45 PM

I’m this one, he provides therapy to all the other nursing home residents.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2022 11:05 PM

Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2022 11:11 PM

Frasier was funny way back. It has not aged well at all when I see reruns. I also hate Kelsey Grammer.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2022 11:12 PM

Without the talented writers or supporting cast. Fail.

Interestingly, even before they’d figured out the show, Jane Leeves announced she wouldn’t join.

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2022 1:20 AM

I liked everything about the original except the audience laughter. The writing and cast were great; the laughing not so much.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2022 2:24 AM

[quote]Details about the new series are also not being revealed beyond the fact that it is focused on Frasier Crane’s (Grammer) next chapter in a different city. He will be surrounded by new characters, with original Frasier cast members not expected to be series regulars but could make guest appearances.

I wonder who would be interested in making a guest appearance, Kirstie Alley was the only Cheers cast member who didn't make an appearance on Frasier.

Seasons 8-11 of Frasier were just meh. Married Niles & Daphne weren't very interesting, I don't remember how Roz's story was wrapped up but her character lost it's spark when she became a mother and John Mahoney & the two dogs who played Eddie passed away so it's good that they aren't continuing the Seattle story line but like R7 said, Kelsey Grammer isn't the most likeable person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2022 2:51 AM

I might watch an episode if Bebe Neuwirth makes an appearance but otherwise I'll pass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2022 2:53 AM

All of the Freddies sucked, so I hope that improves if he is going to appear on the show.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2022 2:57 AM

Does Camille still have IBS?

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2022 2:59 AM

I just don't see how the original can be bettered or equaled.

Unless it's more in a dramedy vein where Frasier starts to realize he's pushing 70 and his commitment issues prevented him from a real life.....or if Frederick is the strong personality and Frasier is, in essence, the Martin.

The other OG cast members seem to have very politely and warmly wished Kelsey well and are very WISELY steering clear of this.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2022 7:36 PM

This brings both excitement and trepidation. Aside from the brilliant writing, one of the things that really made Frasier such a joy was the chemistry of the cast, and by all accounts Kelsey Grammar is the only cast mate involved. If they’ve persuaded David Hyde Pierce to sign up I’d be much more hopeful. But I’ll still be tuning in.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2022 7:42 PM

David Hyde Pierce is too busy scrambling Julia Child's eggs on that HBO Max series.

Please say no more about it, or 30 of the fattest, nelliest eldergay queens will be in here huffing, hissing and screeching about how historically incorrect that series is.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2022 7:47 PM

David Hyde Pierce is ESSENTIAL for this having any shot at working. They were perfect counterpoints. Martin Crane was the grounding force in the original, that allowed them to really cut loose into their poncy-ness. With Mahoney gone, it'll be interesting how they solve this crucial character dynamic. Bebe Neuwirth could be a welcome recurring presence, as could a host of the original supporting cast... This will really come down to the writing though. Those original Frasier writers were cream of the crop.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2022 7:48 PM

FRASIER OG was best with Joe Keenan's brilliant farcial writing. A writer whose best known credit is HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER does NOT inspire confidence.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Did Bebe Glazer broker the deal? Or was it her junior-agent?

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2022 7:56 PM

Funny I am watching the original again and find it holds up well. The last few seasons, despised by many, still has some really funny episodes. The "bad Billy" one with Patrick Stewart is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2022 7:56 PM

I despise him now. I'll only watch for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2022 7:58 PM

Has Frasier come out as gay or at least bi yet?

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2022 8:17 PM

In fairness, they may feel they mined all the material of the Frasier-Niles relationship.

After a few episodes of the old cast back we might grow weary of hearing them repeat the same beats.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2022 8:19 PM

Fraser assumes the Martin role and moves in with Freddie. New supporting cast with guest spots for Bebe and DHP. Give the audience something new and don’t try to recreate the old.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2022 8:28 PM

R8 I think she only said that numerous years ago about leaving her current sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2022 8:36 PM

Paramount+? Nobody is going to watch this.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2022 8:39 PM

R25 Levee is in The Resident.

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2022 8:43 PM

If the people making this have any brains they'll drive a big truck full of money to Bebe Neuwirth's house in hopes of convincing her to participate.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2022 8:59 PM

Hey, Paramount+ has more than triple the paid subscribers that Peacock has.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2022 9:04 PM

If you have Spectrum cable you can get a year of Peacock for free. If you want it.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2022 9:49 PM

I'm available!

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2022 9:50 PM

Would you want DHP to wear a wig if he returns? Could he play Niles without a wig?

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2022 10:03 PM

R30 How?

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2022 12:06 AM

Kelsey Grammer used to be one of those Hollywood Republicans who I was OK with since I wasn't aware of anything that would indicate that he was a bigot of any kind. However, a year or so ago, even after Trump got voted out , he went to MAL to kiss his ring. After that, I have no interest in this reboot - he's a fucking MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2022 12:07 AM

Will he wear a dress and get pegged?

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2022 12:16 AM

I would like to what happened to Bulldog.

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2022 12:33 AM

R17 I agree completely.

I still laugh at that episode when Niles made that basketball shot.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2022 12:36 AM

I, for one, am in favour of this.

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2022 12:42 AM

Sherry, Niles?

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2022 12:47 AM

R39 I came here to say that

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2022 12:50 AM

Frasier was the worst character on his own show. I Jean Smart's dimwitted son Kirby and the dimwitted maintance man and the dimwitted barista better.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2022 12:54 AM

Daphne's mother was the worst and the most pointless character by a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2022 2:48 AM

I think it will be Frasier being Martin and Freddie Frasier. I can see roles swapped with Freddie being blue collar. Leeves not coming back is a blessing, I hated her character and she and Niles had zero chemistry. The funniest episodes of Frasier were the guest stars, BeBe, Kim Coles’ character, Mercedes Ruehl... they should have him end up back in Boston as a twist.

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2022 2:56 AM

It'll only work if Roz transitioned to Rick between the two series.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2022 3:09 AM

I actually agree that Frasier was probably my least favourite character on the show. Unless he was paired with Niles, his storylines generally revolved around boring doomed romances. If I see an episode is focused on Frasier’s love life, I’m often tempted to skip. I really hope they’ll at least have David HP as a semi regular guest star?

Someone was complaining about Daphne’s character. I thought she was wonderful in the early seasons but they truly gutted the character after she married Niles. They stripped away her quirky eccentricities and made her a generic, nagging sitcom wife. Maybe they can redeem that if they bring her on.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2022 8:22 AM

What are writers Joe Keenan and David Lee up to now? Have they decided not to work on the reboot?

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2022 2:12 PM

You kid, R31, but I would love if Shelley Long appeared on this and we could see Diane's story end a bit more happily this time!

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2022 2:26 PM

Didn't one of the producers die on 9-11? I think he was in one of the planes.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2022 2:33 PM

I believe it was David Lee's husband who died on 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2022 2:39 PM

This doesn't sound interesting at all. The most likeable character (Marty) is already dead, Niles probably divorced since Leeves won't joint the cast. So it's basically only Frasier with occasional guest appearances of Niles and Roz and a bunch of new characters nobody really cares about. Also, radio is dead. What will Frasier do professionally? Hosting a right-wing podcast like Joe Rogan?

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2022 2:46 PM

Why won’t Jane Leeves be involved? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2022 3:08 PM

R47, I would love that. She got the shaft in the Cheers finale. I think Sam also didn’t end up with too happy of an ending when we saw him on Frasier. I can’t help but want those two senior citizens to get a happy ending. I’d actually watch a show about them in their twilight years.

David Angell, the producer and creator of Frasier and Wings died on 9/11, along with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2022 3:37 PM

Since I've been rewatching old shows (waiting on my new ones to restart) I was thinking of watching Wings. I never saw it bit is it worth a go for a few laughs?

by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2022 3:51 PM

Wings is surprisingly good and holds up well.

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2022 3:57 PM

R53, I love Wings. I actually prefer it to Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2022 4:09 PM

Pierce or no dice. Impossible for this to be a hit without him.

by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2022 4:21 PM

David Angell is the one who died on 9/11. Not gay.

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2022 4:26 PM

The worst character was Sherry, which was a huge disappointment to me because I LOVE Marsha Mason, but that character was the fucking worst.

There are a lot of shows where the main character isn't as compelling as everyone around them, but the actors are still good, and unfortunately Grammer is not one of those actors. His performances are hit and miss, and it's a mistake to take what was an ensemble show and try to spin it off solely with Frasier and none of the supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2022 4:34 PM

R51, doesn’t sound like they approached the original cast aside from Kelsey.

But when the project was first announced as being in development, Jane was asked if she might be joining and she said no. Maybe she was trying to show her commitment to her current show. There were never any hints that the cast couldn’t stand Kelsey but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 59October 6, 2022 4:39 PM

I don't see how you could like Kelsey. Trumper cokehead. No thanks

by Anonymousreply 60October 6, 2022 5:05 PM

What is Peri Gilpin up to?

by Anonymousreply 61October 6, 2022 5:36 PM

Hey! Why not bring back Petticoat Junction or Green Acres? If creativity is dead--let's bring back the true classics.

by Anonymousreply 62October 6, 2022 5:44 PM

Peri was just playing Allison's mom on Kevin Can Go Fuck Himself. She also played Abbie's mom on Broad City. Unfortunately it looks like the surgeon went a little heavy with the knife.

by Anonymousreply 63October 6, 2022 6:02 PM

David Angell and his wife Lynn died on Flight 11 on 9/11. Niles and Daphne's kid is David after him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 6, 2022 7:54 PM

Freddie rebells, become a fireman, marries Alice, Roz's kid, Frasier is injured and has to move in with Freddie and Alice, who are childless, but have a well-trained Eddie like dog. Perhaps in Chicago, where Alice works for WXRT. David Crane, child of Niles and Daphne, is a grad or med/law student at U of C or Northwestern. Guest stars everyone.

by Anonymousreply 65October 6, 2022 8:02 PM

I love the original show. Specifically, Seasons 1-5 are GREAT television. Seasons 6-8 are unevenly good television. Seasons 9-11 are somewhat watchable but overall creatively bereft.

Rebooting the show is such a bad idea. Nobody is clamoring for more Frasier other than Kelsey Grammer. He has more money than God, and he outdid all of his Cheers castmates career-wise (including Ted and Woody), so, really, what else does he have to prove? Why do this?

Kelsey, you are 67 years old, please just retire.

But I would still watch it to see how bad it would be.

by Anonymousreply 66October 6, 2022 8:21 PM

R64 what a looney tune website.

by Anonymousreply 67October 6, 2022 9:37 PM

I couldn't get though an entire episode. I'll never understand why this show was so popular.

by Anonymousreply 68October 6, 2022 10:46 PM

Do radio hosts make a lot of money? I always wondered how Frasier could afford that penthouse apartment and lifestyle with a radio host salary. They treated him like he was an A list celeb in Hollywood making millions with a live in housekeeper/nanny. The show was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 69October 7, 2022 1:16 PM

Not really seeing that Kelsey Grammar has had a better career than Woody Harrelson.

by Anonymousreply 70October 7, 2022 1:42 PM

Ted Danson had a lot of TV shows but no real movie success after Three Men and a Baby.

by Anonymousreply 71October 10, 2022 4:24 PM

I really think tv success is better in the long run than film. Look at Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. Jennifer is beloved from that show and resonates with younger generations more than Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 72October 10, 2022 4:49 PM

^Yeah, plus, she still makes $20 million/year for a show that ended almost 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 73October 10, 2022 5:10 PM

While working on Frasier, Kelsey Grammer wisely shifted into director and producer roles. He has way more producer and executive producer credits than Ted or Woody, and therefore, makes way more money than they do.

by Anonymousreply 74October 10, 2022 6:44 PM

This makes even guest appearances sound like they're out of the question. Hyde Pierce is wisely steering clear of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 24, 2022 6:15 AM

I really want to be excited. Frasier is perhaps my favourite sitcom. But, let’s face it, Frasier himself was probably the least compelling character of the ensemble. I’m not expecting greatness from this.

by Anonymousreply 76November 24, 2022 9:28 AM

[quote]"We'll certainly be responsive about the fact that there was a brother and such," says Grammer.

If he's just blithely shrugging off the "brother and such" like this, then he's either forgotten or never really understood the reason the original series was a hit.

I suppose younger people who don't remember it might not be bothered by it, but a lot of us saw the character of Frasier on both Cheers and his own show AND guest-starring on Wings, over the course of TWENTY YEARS, and seeing this character in yet another, new, fourth context just seems like too much.

by Anonymousreply 77November 24, 2022 9:38 AM

[quote]‘Frasier’ sequel officially happening at Paramount+

Which will make it remarkably easy to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 78November 24, 2022 9:52 AM

I can't see anyone enjoying this. Young people aren't going to give a shit about this in general. Its the sequel a 20 year old show that most of them won't have watched, on the streaming app almost nobody has, about a mid 60s radio psychiatrist played by a Republican. For the older crowd who watched it originally non of the original cast who made the show work are back, I knew DHP was always unlikely but I'd have thought Leeves and Gilpin might have at least showed up for an episode. Now all this disaster needs to be complete is for them to go with that plot they suggested the other year of Freddy a kid raised by Frasier and Lilith somehow turning out an average working class joe like Martin living with Frasier.

by Anonymousreply 79November 24, 2022 9:54 AM

The fact that Grammer went to MAL to kiss Trump's ring certainly won't generate much goodwill for this, at least not among the hoped for audience. Plus, what else can be said about this character in 2022? And you thought W&G v2.0 and "And Just Like That" were bad...

by Anonymousreply 80November 24, 2022 11:30 AM

R72 Plus, the long shooting schedules that actors complained about (22 episodes a year) means for a lot of episodes, so their shows run in syndication forever.

by Anonymousreply 81November 24, 2022 11:41 AM

There used to be someone here that always posted in any thread that mentioned Grammer that he [Grammer] molested his kid's underage babysitter and paid her off.

They never seem to do it anymore, so I did it for them.

Anyway, it IS funny how Grammer constantly whines about how much "prejudice" he has faced as a Republican in Hollywood, but he got away with that.

by Anonymousreply 82November 24, 2022 11:44 AM

I can see this going the way of the Saved By the Bell reboot. I didn’t watch it, but from what I gathered, although it started off focusing on new characters they quickly ended up roping in all the old cast, presumably to boost flagging ratings.

OR, they might capture lightning in a bottle a second time around and have a fantastic cast with tremendous chemistry and first rate writing. I truly hope.

by Anonymousreply 83November 24, 2022 11:52 AM

MISTAKE.

How he could even hope for lightning in a bottle for a THIRD time is beyond me. Where's the gratitude?

DHP was my favorite performer on the original by a mile, and with him wisely staying away, this show will have to hope whichever new characters they come up with can make this venture worthwhile. It's an incredible longshot, to be kind.

The Fraiser writers made the series as witty and smart as it was. None of them are going near this? Okay. That's all I need to know.

And KG is a MAGA?

Bye girl.

by Anonymousreply 84November 24, 2022 12:16 PM

R84 You didn't know he was a Republican? He NEVER SHUTS UP about it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 24, 2022 12:22 PM

This is my favorite example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 24, 2022 12:23 PM

The last time I even thought about him, he was playing Beast in X-Men.

Go away Kelsey. You suck. What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 87November 24, 2022 12:24 PM

For a long time, I was able to separate my enjoyment of a number of his projects from him being a publicly declared Republican. Particularly, since there was no indication that he was your typical right wing bigot. But, once I read that he was a Trump supporter, it was "bye, gurl."

by Anonymousreply 88November 24, 2022 12:26 PM

It should open with Fraiser in divorce court. Then reveal that he is splitting up with Bulldog.

by Anonymousreply 89November 24, 2022 12:54 PM

Tim Daly keeps calling for a Wings reboot.

by Anonymousreply 90November 24, 2022 1:01 PM

Well, that's one anyway.

by Anonymousreply 91November 24, 2022 1:05 PM

R88 I couldn't take him when I found out he was one of those "people only hate me because I'm a Republican" victim types, and that was long before he went all-in for Trump.

Gary Senise is a Republican and people in Hollywood love him, so Grammer is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 92November 24, 2022 1:12 PM

Without Niles, the show is DOA, let alone the rest of the cast. I really enjoy the show and still watch reruns, but the whole charm of the show is the brothers and the father butting heads.

by Anonymousreply 93November 24, 2022 1:21 PM

It's interesting the things you see when you rewatch shows after many years. I've been rewatching Frasier and realized that John Mahoney is the heart of the show, the axle around which the spokes revolve both premise-wise and character-wise. Plus, he was very likeable and an excellent, subtle actor. Without him, the scenery-chewing of Frasier and Niles would have been intolerable.

A cast like that is lightning in a bottle. And writers like that -- they don't make 'em that way any more.

No sale.

by Anonymousreply 94November 24, 2022 1:50 PM

I would have gone for a well-written reunion movie, with a super polished script.

by Anonymousreply 95November 24, 2022 1:55 PM

Yes! Bring back Frasier, as we are all want to see a 70+ year old man go through many meet-cute situations to find his new love!

by Anonymousreply 96November 24, 2022 1:56 PM

I’d happily watch a show revolving around Niles. Some of my favourite scenes were where Niles was alone. I don’t think I would bother with Frasier but will watch a couple of episodes to see what direction they go with it.

by Anonymousreply 97November 24, 2022 2:02 PM

R96 There's a funny scene on Mr. Robot, where a twentysomething obsessed with 90s sitcoms, says after watching Fraiser, something like, "I don't get why so many hot chicks want to bang some balding old white guy."

by Anonymousreply 98November 24, 2022 2:13 PM

Fraser as a very late in life gay man might work.

by Anonymousreply 99November 24, 2022 2:34 PM

R99 The show would've been better if Fraiser had been gay. Fraiser's endless parade of girlfriends was the least interesting thing about it.

I know it's not a popular opinion on DL, but I liked Niles and Daphne.

by Anonymousreply 100November 24, 2022 2:37 PM

That’s just it. I liked Niles and Daphne. I did NOT like Niles and Daphne as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 101November 24, 2022 3:19 PM

I didn’t like them as a couple either, r101. But I liked both of them separately.

by Anonymousreply 102November 24, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote] FOR GOD SAKE FREDERICK! THE DEMOCRATS ARE AT IT AGAIN ATTACKING HARD WORKING CELEBRITY PSYCHATRISTS! (Kelsey looks at the camera for a full 10 seconds) Now lets go meet your future 19 year old stepmother. She used to be Miss Teen America you know.

Letting Kelsey in the writers room for this is probably going to be a mistake. At least he got the producers credit during the original he was too drunk and coked up to actually do anything.

by Anonymousreply 103November 24, 2022 3:35 PM

They should have made Niles divorce Maris and come out of the closet.

In retrospect, Frasier with all those better looking women was unrealistic, but it’s a work of fiction. They can’t do it again, but they probably will.

by Anonymousreply 104November 24, 2022 3:40 PM

It's highly unlikely with conservative Kelsey at the helm, but I would be amused and watch if: - Frederick grows up to be transgender, Frasier is cancelled for some malaprop foot-in-mouth incident related to it - Niles is serving a prison sentence for... I dunno... being the fall guy for something to do with the opioid epidemic lawsuits? - Daphne has returned to Manchester to be Gertrude's carer - Roz has moved to California, where along with Bebe Glazer, they manage Alice's influencer "career" - Kate (the Mercedes Ruehl character that like with all multi-episode female guest stars, was underutilized and then dropped) hires Frasier to be an overnight classical music feed host - David Crane grows up to be a rap star

by Anonymousreply 105November 24, 2022 3:47 PM

This reboot is taking longer to cook than Norm Peterson's turkey.

by Anonymousreply 106November 24, 2022 4:07 PM

Spoiler: he just didn't want to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 24, 2022 6:12 PM

Wow they really do look old.

by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2022 6:08 AM

[QUOTE]In retrospect, Frasier with all those better looking women was unrealistic

It was pretty damn unrealistic at the time, not just retrospectively.

by Anonymousreply 109November 25, 2022 7:21 AM

Well women are drawn to powerful men regardless of looks.

by Anonymousreply 110November 25, 2022 1:44 PM

R110 Was Fraiser Crane really all that "powerful?"

by Anonymousreply 111November 25, 2022 1:49 PM

Aren't these people rich enough? Leave us alone!

by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2022 1:51 PM

This is just too bad, it is a show I still watch and enjoy, and I would never watch a reboot without the other actors. Grammar hasn't been able to get traction on another sitcom since. I liked him in the film with him as the washed up rock star with the daughter, but not another thing. Without Lilith/Martin/Roz/Niles, he isn't compelling enough.

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2022 1:59 PM

The only way it would work is for him to take on the cranky old dad role who can't relate to his son, but they were exactly alike, unless Freddy really leaned into the goth thing and is a failed musician who fried his brain on drugs and burnt out like some of the boy geniuses I knew grow up.

by Anonymousreply 114November 25, 2022 2:03 PM

I'm more excited for the Night Court reboot.

by Anonymousreply 115November 25, 2022 2:08 PM

suck it, Frasier!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 25, 2022 2:10 PM

[quote] Niles is serving a prison sentence for... I dunno

Something that Maris did.

I think DHP is right....if it comes back it needs to say something different or explore another idea. This was the mistake Murphy Brown made....it relied too much on revisiting old stuff. (It was also not all that funny.)

by Anonymousreply 117November 25, 2022 2:14 PM

Being old and lonely, but make it fun and wacky!

by Anonymousreply 118November 25, 2022 2:16 PM

Maybe if this turns into a dumpster fire of a show ...the powers that be will stop with the reboots.

By the way Green Acres was itself a reboot of Granbyś Green Acres a radio show that producer Jay Sommers worked on in the late 40s.

by Anonymousreply 119November 25, 2022 2:37 PM

What will the reboot about? Fraser struggling with Liberal Cancel Culture? Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 120November 25, 2022 3:14 PM

What I want to know - and frankly worries me deeply - is if in twenty years time we're going to be watching reboots of the reboots.

by Anonymousreply 121November 25, 2022 6:47 PM

Speak for yourself, R110.

by Anonymousreply 122November 25, 2022 6:59 PM

It's Paramount+ - can't they just have Frasier do a tie-in with Yellowstone? Maybe he'll be the psychiatrist to one of the family members who has separated from the clan and is living in the Witness Protection Program... hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 123November 25, 2022 7:17 PM

They should do a weekly retrospective and give commentary on each episode, cuz you know they got stories. like a podcast but on network tv

by Anonymousreply 124November 25, 2022 7:29 PM

I’m gonna need some epic callbacks. How about, hell’s bells, Maris happens to move in next door to Frasier? The only person I can ever imagine playing her and not being a disappointment would be Tilda Swinton.

by Anonymousreply 125November 25, 2022 7:33 PM

I think Frasier and Lilith should have a practice in Miami and live in Blanche's house with Freddy and Bebe.

by Anonymousreply 126November 25, 2022 7:51 PM

Of course we're going to be force fed all their awful grown children.

by Anonymousreply 127November 25, 2022 10:19 PM

Taxi, Cheers, and Frasier all had a wonderful Jimmy Burrows / ensemble vibe that stretched from the late 1970s into the 1990s. Jimmy directed 75 episodes of Taxi and 237 episodes of Cheers (almost all of them). He directed only 32 episodes of Frasier, mostly in the first and second season, and you can see how his work shaped and defined the characters. He stopped directing Frasier after the fourth season and moved on to Will & Grace.

I think it will be impossible for Kelsey Grammer to capture this vibe again.

by Anonymousreply 128November 26, 2022 3:26 PM

I think they should really jump the shark and make Frasier an accidental tik tok star and he's forced to constantly do dumb challenges and dances to keep his like count up.

by Anonymousreply 129November 26, 2022 3:46 PM

Can’t wait can’t wait

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2022 9:30 AM

Daphne needs to be killed off, Niles needs to fall in love with a man played by Stanley Tucci

by Anonymousreply 131December 5, 2022 12:40 AM

I am SO. FUCKING. SICK. of Stanley playing gay guys...or rather, replaying his part from Devil Wears Prada.

He did it again in Burlesque opposite Cher and it was tired there too. BIG NO to Tucci. I'm sorry but he can retire anytime now.

They need to kill this in the crib. Honestly, I don't see how it could be good. They'd have to luck into finding amazing writers and amazing young actors to play the young characters, and even then, Kelsey would probably be a total ham and stink up the joint.

I love Daphne and Niles together so just leave them be. I don't think that just because David is gay in real life we need to rewrite Niles to be. Didn't you guys learn anything from And Just Like That?

by Anonymousreply 132December 5, 2022 5:41 AM

^ Kelsey Grammer has many (MANY) flaws but his acting as Frasier Crane was one one of them.

by Anonymousreply 133December 6, 2022 9:34 AM

Indeed. Daphne’s exit is overdue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 6, 2022 9:47 AM

If Reichen Lehmkuhl makes a return appearance as a coffee shop waiter, I'm there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 6, 2022 12:07 PM

[quote] I think it will be impossible for Joe Keenan to capture this vibe again.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 136December 6, 2022 12:18 PM

If they don’t get Peri Gilpin the show has no chance.

by Anonymousreply 137December 7, 2022 2:46 AM

People always seem to shit on Peri, but she has a great voice and had good timing. Guess she made enough money from 11 seasons of Fraiser to not have to worry too much about work, but I'd enjoy seeing her on other things.

She popped in for Desperate Housewives one time and I was like "oh yeah - why aren't you IN anything anymore?"

by Anonymousreply 138December 7, 2022 4:59 AM

Roz was the perfect foil to Frasier. It’s hard to sell the then progressive sexual politics of Roz to a contemporary audience, but it’s thanks to Peri’s acting that her her unaffected, zesty sexuality was ordinary, healthy and not boldly camp.

And it never is slutshaming from Frasier, who only teases her dating life when she makes fun of his lack of and egoism. It’s equals joking with equals.

It is nasty coming Niles in the early seasons but that’s because it’s showing him up to be snobby jerk.

by Anonymousreply 139December 7, 2022 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!