Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dot-Marie Jones says see Bros

“It’s not contagious, fuckin’ go see a movie”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2022 10:16 PM

Is that an MTF?

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2022 5:11 PM

Winning audiences through charm offensive.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2022 5:13 PM

No, R1. She's what happens when a woman does steroids.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2022 5:14 PM

Can guys get it through your goddamn thick heads that we don’t like the leading man? Quit whining

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2022 5:15 PM

Yeah, that's a REALLY smart thing to say in an effort to get people to go see your movie.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2022 5:15 PM

Dot Marie “get your pathetic ass to the cineplex”

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2022 5:15 PM

Is she a descendent of Rose Marie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2022 5:19 PM

New strategy: Bully people into seeing your movie.

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2022 5:20 PM

My what a handsome woman.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2022 5:26 PM

Mama Fratelli was hotter than this chick.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2022 5:31 PM

I like Dot and she was quite funny in the movie Golden Arm. But, she's being insufferable on Bros bombing at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2022 5:32 PM

I'm so surprised. I thought DL's resident KKKlan Grannies would flock to a movie written and starring an outspoken Jewish man.

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2022 5:36 PM

Straights do watch LGBT movies but it has to be a sick and disturbing individual who is gay and eats their victims.

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2022 5:42 PM

I love her name "Dot-Marie."

Dot...she's a good ol' broad who should be working in an all-night diner.

Marie...she's so pretty, sweet and lovely.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2022 5:45 PM

I think that it will do better streaming than in theaters…

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2022 6:01 PM

Why are people made to feel bad for not buying a fucking product?

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2022 6:04 PM

No, R7, Sault Ste. Marie.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2022 6:18 PM

Everyone involved in this movie is a whining asshole who doesn’t understand how important marketing combined with word-of-mouth is…

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2022 6:25 PM

I loved her when she stole the Fizbo costume from Cam on Modern Family!

by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2022 6:32 PM

I didn't see it because it looked bad and not funny.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2022 6:45 PM

This trend of lecturing people because they don't want to go and see your lame movie is so fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2022 7:00 PM

Of, this is so cringe. So many romcoms bomb. While surely some homophobes would never see a movie like this, there is enough of a pro-gay audience, theoretically, to have made it a hit. They just didn’t find it appealing enough to shell out the ticket price.

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2022 7:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2022 7:11 PM

^^ She was Glee's coach Shannon Beiste.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2022 7:11 PM

[quote]It’s not contagious

Poor choice of words considering the past two years there Dottie.

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2022 7:12 PM

Didn't she go by Dot Jones at one point?

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2022 7:28 PM

it worked for vivien leigh back in the day, remember when she went on air saying " you fuckers fucking go see my fucking movie. Why don't you assholes go see it ? would it hurt your sorry ass to drag it to the theatre FFS ? you bunch of losers, just go or eat shit and fucking die". And even though she had zero charisma, was ugly to look at and untalented, people went in droves to watch four hours of her bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2022 8:04 PM

I'm not going to be lectured by a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2022 8:12 PM

This whole thing lately with trying to browbeat people into seeing movies to be woke is a stupid and alienating strategy. I am absolutely certain not to go to theaters now to see it after both Eichner and Jones have been such assholes about it--the same with Viola Davis's demand we go see "The Woman King."

Make a movie that sounds appealing to me and I will go see it. But lecturing people they have to see it in order to be morally acceptable is absolutely not the way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2022 8:15 PM

This whole thing is so weird. Everybody think gays' grindr life is disgusting, starting with ourselves. Let's be honest, We hate ourselves, we wouldn't be caught dead doing what we do, in public, the best way to shame la cockgobbler was to expose the pics he sends on grindr, who thought the straights would PAY to watch ? WE don't even want to watch. Billy whatever is not very talented, not very popular, definitely not good looking, the other one is a completely obscure actor with one of the worst nose jobs in show bizz, from the trailer, the storyline is disgusting, and implausible. Everybody hates gays anyway. Who thought this would work ?? to make a gay story work , you have to have a non sexual movie with two good looking straight hunky stars , and a pretty super clever bf hag that the fraus can identify with. Everybodyknows that.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2022 8:16 PM

Does she want to pay for our tickets?

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2022 8:16 PM

Dot was funny in Married… with Children and her work with Tracey Ullman, beyond that, who?

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2022 8:18 PM

No one is going to spend $40 per person to go sit through a fucking rom com. Theaters are for action movies which go to streaming 90 days later anyway. People will watch at home.

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2022 8:20 PM

Dot's had an interesting, often funny career. I assume Billy texted her and asked her to threaten to toss straight men through windows if they don't see his movie, and she's merely complying with that.

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2022 8:22 PM

I saw it. We were the only two people in the theater. It wasn’t bad, it wasn’t great. Never once did I think there was chemistry between the two leads.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2022 8:24 PM

Available on Amazon Prime at 3......2.......1.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2022 8:25 PM

Damn, that thing is ugly. I'd think that was a MTF, but an MTF would try to look better than that.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2022 8:38 PM

Point is go see Bros! If you don’t have any $ Billy will buy a ticket for you

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2022 8:46 PM

She's the hairiest woman I ever laid eyes upon!

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2022 8:55 PM

Let’s just go see it, gals.

Let’s give it strong, hairy, record-breaking legs.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2022 9:02 PM

My grandma was hairy. We didn’t get along when I was a rebellious teen. One time I said “bitch, go buy some Nair”.

by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2022 9:22 PM

I agree with R30. Billy is delusional. Thinking that filthy grindr stories are appealing. For the fact that Hollywood wants to push a pro-gay message, they seem to ok the worst crap to be greenlit. Why did they allow Billy to ruin the image of gay people further? Wasn't the woke lgbtqueer+-Yj junk in recent years doing damage already? As if he alone and his animalistic personality weren't enough... Some people just need to stay in their lane and just interview people in the street.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2022 2:24 AM

(R35) You just described when I went and saw Confess Fletch.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2022 2:44 AM

I like Dot Jones in almost everything I've seen her in. She is a quintessential scene stealer.

But...

I want to see Bros. I have not been to a movie in a theater since 2017. The experience is unpleasant, expensive, and forgettable. Only a blockbuster action or musical movie might lure me back into a cinema.

Romantic comedies are not October fare. October is time for horror and suspense movies. November and December are for family themed movies. January is for wider released Oscar award contenders. February is rom-com season. So whoever scheduled Bros's release for October should be blamed. (Yes, I know it was released on September 30.) Any time promotion for a film focuses on the producers (Brought to you by the team behind Bridesmaids, etc., you know it's not great, no matter the Rotten Tomatoes percentage).

Bully Eichner is not leading man material for any movie. While Bros. seems to feature a who's who of out gay actors, most of whom I like to watch, none is a movie star. I.e., there are no "above the title" actors here. Judd Apatow used his clout with Universal to get this film made. Universal will not make the same mistake again. The team behind Bros. should have offered it to Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon, etc. to recoup their investment. But I suspect that Eichner et al. have back end compensation based on box office and demanded a theatrical release.

As for comparing it to Birdcage, which had an $18M opening, Robin Williams, Gene Hackman, and Dianne Wiest were huge movie stars of that era. And Birdcage was a remake. Philadelphia's wide release weekend did only $14M, despite megastars Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington. It then took weeks for Philadelphia to gain traction, probably due to its subject matter and length. Philadelphia was an important movie for its time. Bros. is not.

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2022 2:45 AM

“your big cock in my tight ass hole” is the epitome of poetry, written by a latter-day Noel Coward.

If only Cole Porter were alive to set it to music, it would be heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2022 2:53 AM

R44, Ticket prices were significantly lower 30 years ago; I wonder how many admissions Philadelphia had, compared to how many admissions Bros had.

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2022 2:55 AM

Isn’t it just a shitty movie? I don’t go see most crappy comedies.

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2022 2:57 AM

R7 Good Lord, that picture of Rose Marie punched me in the nuts.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2022 2:58 AM

Ru Paul’s drag race is one of the most popular shows on tv. People are fine with gay content but this movie looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2022 2:59 AM

I really hate being told what I must do with my spare time.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2022 3:14 AM

R12 You are a VERY sick puppy!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2022 3:20 AM

True about romcoms…most of them are mediocre at best. I read the synopsis of BROS on Wikipedia. It is similar to Amy Schumer’s attempt to redefine the genre in her TRAINWRECK. For that reason I want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 52October 5, 2022 2:28 PM

R52 I saw it last night and loved it. It starts out slow but builds up as it goes on. Very though provoking and moving film. Go see it!!!

by Anonymousreply 53October 5, 2022 2:32 PM

Adjusted for inflation, "Philadelphia" would've opened with just over $27 million in ticket sales and "The Birdcage" would've done $32 million its opening weekend, if R44's numbers are accurate.

This morning I woke up to another Twitter thread from one of Billy's friends scolding the gays for not supporting the film. One of his reasons we should've done better was the all-queer cast and its inclusion of a bearded nonbinary lesbian, or something similarly convoluted. As if the vast majority of lesbians, never mind gay men, see themselves reflected in such pandering stunt casting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 5, 2022 2:35 PM

BTW, I will happily watch "Bros" when it's streaming. But hectoring me for not being there on its opening weekend isn't a winning sales strategy.

by Anonymousreply 55October 5, 2022 2:40 PM

Did anyone in this movie get any sort of PR training?

I think I know the answer.

by Anonymousreply 56October 5, 2022 2:41 PM

I recently moved from a large city to a small city ( Population 100K) in the south. I checked to see if it is showing at one of the local theaters and it is. May end up going to see it just as support if nothing else. Like Luke, but not Billy.

by Anonymousreply 57October 5, 2022 2:51 PM

All the pronoun queens on Twitter keep screaming that it’s our duty to see this shit because it’s the first time Hollywood made a queer movie written by a queer man featuring queer people. These people act like this film cured cancer.

by Anonymousreply 58October 5, 2022 3:24 PM

I just saw it and I was the only person in the theater. The only one. I did like it though, very much.

by Anonymousreply 59October 8, 2022 12:56 AM

So when not even one person buys a ticket in these multiplexes is everything automated so they show the movie anyway?

by Anonymousreply 60October 8, 2022 1:18 AM

R60 grim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 8, 2022 1:27 AM

[Quote] Universal will not make the same mistake again.

Yeah, because executives NEVER make repeat, bad decisions.

[Quote] I really hate being told what I must do with my spare time.

But I'm retarded so I'll complain about a movie I haven't seen and say how awful it must be.

by Anonymousreply 62October 8, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote]Ticket prices were significantly lower 30 years ago; I wonder how many admissions Philadelphia had, compared to how many admissions Bros had.

But really, there's no comparison whatsoever, as the cast of PHILADELPHIA was headed by a major movie star, Tom Hanks, and two others with considerable star power, Washington and Banderas, wereas BROS has nobody like that.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2022 5:56 PM

They could fill every performance if only they gave away these fine knives.

(Not recommended for Chicago, Philadelphia, and Atlanta theaters)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2022 6:17 PM

No ❤️

by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2022 6:45 PM

Sandy Bernhard had Dot on her radio show a couple weeks back. When Dot was late, Sandy started go on about how Bros didn’t open well… and she was not sympathetic. Then as soon as Dot joined, it was all, oh, you are so fabulous. It was funny.

by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Sex is a wonderful thing and I don't want to spoil it in my mind by connecting it to Bill Eichner's scowl. He looks so unhappy in all the promo pictures.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2022 10:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!