Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Angie Dickenson and Johnny Carson

Johnny invited Angie many times on his show for their special repartee, long past Angie's prime, years after Police Woman, which ran in the 70s.

Discuss

Does any current talk show host have an affection for a star past her glory days?

Fallon and Madonna?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2022 10:55 PM

That's MISS Angie Dickinson to you!

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2022 1:26 AM

Honestly. You could have spelled her name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2022 1:29 AM

Angie was smokin' hot as an older babe in Brian de Palma's 1980 "Dressed to Kill". Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2022 1:30 AM

Silly me, I copied it off Youtube spelling. shame

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2022 1:31 AM

Angie and Johnny had chemistry between them, and you couldn't fake what the camera caught. It wasn't acting. Angie was AWESOME in Dressed to Kill!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2022 1:32 AM

And can I just say Johnny was never as sexy as when he was interviewing Angie?

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2022 1:36 AM

I agree with you R6. I found his MONEY sexy.

But you are correct, they were "turned on" by each other, and they both knew it!!

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2022 1:47 AM

Youre not too bright, are you OP ? She was there promoting a movie she did...she wasnt there because he felt sorry for her...and her career did not end with Police Woman...ever hear of Dressed To Kill ?

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2022 2:43 AM

R1 SO glad this was the first response on here.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2022 2:55 AM

R8 I know her career didn't end and I know he didn't feel sorry for her. This was 4 years after Dressed to Kill, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2022 11:44 AM

Today is her 91st Birthday. I am truly old. She was always great.

by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2022 4:03 AM

R3 She looked like an old lady to me. I love the movie but I see an old lady.

I know she was considered hot at the time.

But I dunno I don’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2022 4:08 AM

Angie was a big ole slut. Dean Martin said she was the best sex he ever had. And of course, she fucked JFK.

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2022 4:10 AM

Johnny fucked a large numbers of the hot actresses of the day who would appear on his show. Otto Preminger went on record stating Johnny was the best candidate to star in the movie of "The Love Machine".

I expect it's a safe bet slutty Angie was one of the many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2022 4:10 AM

I remember hearing that after being repeatedly pestered by the press on her relationship with JFK in exasperation she was quoted to say, "What do they want me to say? It was the best 2 minutes of my life, Ok?"

by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2022 5:05 AM

they were openly a couple for a while

even held hands as they walked off the show at the end

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2022 5:05 AM

All those old timers wanted to fuck Angie, she was the ultimate broad...best sense of the word. I remember my father having a major crush on her.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2022 5:18 AM

^ My dad did too 😂

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2022 5:31 AM

She gave up her goods in the back of a taxi cab in Dressed To Kill. I'd say that qualifies her for being an honorary DL although she's not a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote] All those old timers wanted to fuck Angie

Ironic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2022 5:51 AM

Didn't she walk off a " This is your life" type of show, when the host tried to bring up her friendship with the 'Rat Pack'? She never did talk about her friendships with any of them, that I can remember. It seems like she was one of them, and they liked and respected her.

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2022 7:23 AM

R21, It never even got that far. She flatly refused to even appear on "This of Your Life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2022 7:37 AM

"Well, it's a stupid show." (At 2:14)

I so admire her bluntness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2022 8:32 AM

And now they are in heaven together having cocktails, conversation and laughing about their past lives on earth.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2022 8:39 AM

^ She's just turned 91, she's not dead yet 🙄... But I can hear the faint sound of a cocktail shaker off in the distance

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2022 9:39 AM

R25 It will be soon. I've been a big Angie fan and I want her in my fold. She is playing very hard to get.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2022 10:09 AM

^ Nothing else in this world has brought her down yet. I sure she can handle Covid

I'm sorry she plays it so close to the chest, can you imagine what a great book she could write? She's had all the great, Grade A prime dick of the 20th century 😛

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2022 10:20 AM

That mullet sure gives mine a run for its money!

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2022 10:34 AM

I just got to the bit where they started talking about her daughter, around 6:20 something, I think Angie probably wanted to clock whatshisname, but she's too much of a lady

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2022 10:39 AM

Quite big tits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2022 12:54 PM

^ Straight boys like big tits, it's what careers are made of 😛

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2022 12:59 PM

TITS: if you got em, work em!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2022 1:06 PM

Sarandon's were fabulous. But then she kept taking them out for air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2022 1:09 PM

I'm Gay, but when I was young and Gay I always thought if I were to go straight I would start with Susan Sarandon's tits 😛

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2022 1:26 PM

Angie has an easy charm that is quite seductive yet approachable.

She is smart and sexy even as an older woman. That's a real gift.

Men wanted to fuck her while woman wanted to hang out. That's a rare combination.

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2022 1:46 PM

^ She's non-threatening and obviously can keep secrets, everybody likes that

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2022 1:50 PM

interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2022 1:51 PM

Wasn't she one of Carson's girlfriends?

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2022 2:31 PM

r38 Yes, she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2022 7:40 PM

Wasn't she one of Carson's ̵g̵i̵r̵l̵f̵r̵i̵e̵n̵d̵s̵ 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 ?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2022 7:47 PM

Although Carson wasn't a funny man off screen I bet he was fun in the sack... "For my next trick we're going to play hide the salami"

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2022 7:56 PM

Angie and Johnny discussed never having dated one another in one of her later Tonight Show appearances.

Johnny said that people thought they had dated and Angie acknowledged that they had chemistry but that they were both never single at the same time. So publicly at least, they were never a couple.

He had a similar flirtatious chemistry with Suzanne Pleschette, who also suddenly stopped making appearances on his show in the early 80s.

In the CBS Sunday Morning clip, Angie blames her refusal to play along with the NBC revival of This is Your Life as being the reason she was never invited back to the Tonight Show.

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2022 10:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!