Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reveal a weird habit you hide from others

I have a few habits I keep to myself so I assume we all do. Mine are all relatively benign but I'll start by sharing a weird habit. At night I like to read while chewing ice and lots of gum. I get a huge glass of ice and a pack of gum and chew both. I switch to a new piece about every 10 minutes. What are your weird habits you keep to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 386February 17, 2023 2:56 AM

I talk to the flowers, bees, bugs and birds when I’m in my garden. I know the habits of the birds who have lived at my home for the last few years and consider them friends as well as the resident squirrel and rabbits. I’m a huge nature buff.

by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2022 8:30 AM

Posting on DL

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2022 8:31 AM

Oh yes R2 i would NEVER reveal to anyone I'm on here.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2022 8:32 AM

It's more of an OCD thing than a habit,  but I cannot look at a grouping of numbers (usually on a license plate, a digital clock, or a barcode) without asking myself a question. And I also change the terms of the answer. Sometimes I'll ask, eg, "Is the hot guy on the bus single?" ... "If this barcode has a 7 in it, then he is." Other times, I'll ask, "Will I be more financially well-off in five years than I am now? If the first, third, and fifth numbers in this barcode add up to an odd number, then I will be." I often ask what other people think about me. When I am feeling particularly cynical, I'll ask things like the decade of my death.

I've done this for as long as I can remember. Probably since I was in high school.

I know that it's ridiculous, and I forget the "answer" in seconds, but in the moment, it's comforting to know certain things that cannot be known.

by Anonymousreply 4September 25, 2022 8:39 AM

r4 - that seems like some odd slightly more adult version of counting the petals on a daisy and going, "he loves me, he loves me not"

by Anonymousreply 5September 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Interesting, r5. Yes, it kind of is. I really do it all the time ... a series of numbers is too good to resist.

by Anonymousreply 6September 25, 2022 8:45 AM

I think Kate Middleton is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7September 25, 2022 8:55 AM

I would have thought r7 would have revealed his habit of not reading OP carefully before replying.

by Anonymousreply 8September 25, 2022 9:06 AM

I drain my pasta.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2022 10:27 AM

I will knead the satin binding of a blanket with the thumb and fingers of my right hand, progressing along the width of it, because it feels cooling and comforting. I have done this since I was a toddler, maybe earlier - it is my very first memory.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2022 10:36 AM

I count syllables. Sometimes it's lines from a character on a TV show and sometimes it's conversations IRL. I'm very happy when the count is a multiple of 5. I don't know why I do it.

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2022 10:55 AM

I belch a lot

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2022 11:19 AM

To fall asleep, I do this mental word game to see which letter "wins". E.g., using the short vowel sounds:

bath, beth, bith, both, buth = 1 word: bath

math, meth, mith, moth, muth = 2 words: math and moth

So the letter "M" wins, because it makes more real words.

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2022 11:24 AM

OP - chewing ice excessively can be an indication of anemia or iron deficiency. You may want to check that out.

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2022 11:25 AM

R13, you don’t consider “both” to be a word?

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2022 11:28 AM

R15, yes, "both" is a word using a long "o". But with a short "o", it's not (at least according to the rules in my head).

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2022 11:33 AM

R4

Sometimes I'll tell myself that I should play as lottery numbers the next six numbers I encounter in a movie, an article, etc. But I never play them and I forget them quickly.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2022 11:44 AM

R14

Chewing ice can also hurt one's teeth.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2022 11:47 AM

R9

What's weird about draining pasta?

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2022 11:49 AM

^ It's a lot like having sex with barnyard animals

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2022 11:51 AM

r19 tell me you're new to DL without telling me you're new to DL.

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2022 11:52 AM

R21

I am new to DL. I saw a post here that discussed draining pasta as if it were an unusual act and didn't understand it. Unless you're making something like Cacio e Pepe you don't need the pasta water. Now, I don't rinse pasta, but I certainly do usually drain it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2022 12:04 PM

^ Everyone knows you should always sift your pasta. Unless, of course, you're weird

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2022 12:06 PM

If I see an apple alone I will move it to the full apple bin or any object if it’s alone I make sure it’s put near something. It’s a weird habit I have.

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2022 12:06 PM

I touch myself, in the dark

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2022 12:07 PM

^ Except when you're on Chatterbate 🤔

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2022 12:10 PM

If I have a long walk from the subway combined with a pressing need to use the bathroom I will recite the poem “Jabberwocky” to myself, one footstep per syllable, to take my mind off peeing and make the walk seem to go faster.

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2022 12:20 PM

Like r4 I do this game when I drive to work where when I notice something that catches my eye like a political sign or a yellow car or a crepe myrtle tree I put a number in my head of how many more of those same things I have to see before I get to work. I always try and make it a challenging number but not impossible and am disappointed when I m as me it too easy.

by Anonymousreply 28September 26, 2022 1:17 PM

*make it too easy

by Anonymousreply 29September 26, 2022 1:19 PM

[quote]I will knead the satin binding of a blanket with the thumb and fingers of my right hand, progressing along the width of it, because it feels cooling and comforting. I have done this since I was a toddler, maybe earlier - it is my very first memory.

OMG, R10, I do the same thing and have since I was little! Except I run the binding between my index and middle fingers.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2022 1:26 PM

We did, R30.

Best regards,

Big Satin & The Binding Industrial Complex

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2022 1:30 PM

I constantly buy books and other items from Amazon, which then go mostly unopened because of my OCD. I literally struggled to find places to hide them yesterday; while I'm away my next door neighbour is house-sitting for me and I don't what him to know how bad it is.

BTW, R3, I mention DL to everyone and even my gay friends have no idea what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 32September 26, 2022 1:37 PM

I “front and face” the products on store shelves. They ought to pay me.

by Anonymousreply 33September 26, 2022 1:39 PM

Omg I do that too r33

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2022 1:40 PM

@r30, "—who knew this was a thing?"

It's like popping bubble wrap, everyone does it, but think it's weird to talk about it. I used the corner of satin binding to tickle my palms. I even called it "my tickle"

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2022 1:42 PM

I have entire conversations with my cats. I speak to them in my normal voice and respond to myself in voices I created for them.

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2022 1:43 PM

i roll up toilet paper and gently slide it into my ear, but only when they itch.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2022 1:45 PM

^😂 I use the cap off a Bic pen

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2022 1:47 PM

ahh but tp can bend and it hits that sweet spot, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2022 1:49 PM

It’s not that weird, but a bit of learned OCD behavior.

20 years ago I started moonlighting as a barista at Peet’s Coffee. I was hired as a “shift lead” which meant I opened the store, counted money, made deposits, etc… Peet’s training manual said all bills had to be sorted and faced (meaning they all faced the same way). The new $20 bills were coming into circulation so I took the extra step to separate the different $20s and noticed a stack of new bills had a colorful stripe down the side of the stack that the old $20s didn’t.

Anyhow, I had never been one to sort and face the bills in my wallet but ever since then, I’ve been doing that. Even now that I’m traveling internationally more, I do it with foreign currencies too.

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2022 1:55 PM

Chewing ice is one of the worst things you can do to your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2022 1:57 PM

R10 I always used to rub the satin edge of the blanket (not knead it, and not in any kind of compulsive sense) - I just liked the feel of it. My mom used to comment on it. But I haven't owned a wool blanket in many years.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2022 2:05 PM

I shove my dick up men's butts.

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2022 2:06 PM

r32 do you have nay place in front of your home that you could put up one of those borrowing boxes? It's a box that opens so people can borrow a book and then return it for others to read. This way you could feed your OCD but know that it is being put to good use.

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2022 2:08 PM

If I'm watching TV or listening to someone talk I will sometimes use my forefinger as a pen to "write" out everything they're saying as it's being said, for as long as I can keep up. Like the DLer above, I also sometimes get into the habit of counting syllables. 5 syllables is satisfying because I keep count on my hands and 5 fingers is most "complete".

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2022 2:39 PM

I masturbate to Vivian Vance.

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2022 2:52 PM

r46 = the ghost of John Dodds

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2022 2:54 PM

This seems to be a thread about OCD.

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2022 2:58 PM

R37, R38, if you really want a treat, get yourselves a fine-tipped paintbrush, put the tip of the brush GENTLY against your eardrum and roll the handle very slowly between your fingertips.

by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2022 3:07 PM

The bent end of a bobby pin is also good for ear curettage.

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2022 3:11 PM

My thing started when I was a kid and we would spend hours watching the Jerry Lewis MD Telethon. In my mind I would add up all the numbers in the phone numbers that popped up. I still find myself doing it occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2022 3:22 PM

I live alone (usually happily) and give myself short pep talks, out loud, occasionally into a mirror. Usually, I tell myself out loud to stop worrying or procrastinating. I always feel better after one of these “conversations”.

I also sometimes turn to myself to express surprise when I watch hear something fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2022 3:24 PM

When I’m puttering around my home, very occasionally I’ll spout out a softly voiced (not full out performance) speech that could go in a formal old movie. It doesn’t really have to do with anything, and might even have invented words in it because the speech isn’t really going anywhere.

“You come in here, to my home, my home to which you were not invited, bringing your dastardly forks and your… gerrymanded … whirlicues with you? The cereal boxes, the blessed and oh so sweet cereal boxes, in the first flower of their… aggreebeated lives, are offended! Think on that, pray you.”

I don’t know why this amuses me.

by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2022 3:45 PM

I live alone, and I usually hang around the house naked, or with just a T shirt on.

by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2022 3:50 PM

I see dead people.

by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2022 3:52 PM

I bite my toenails

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2022 3:55 PM

I dont eat the actual orange. I peel it and suck all the juice and pulp out then throw the rest away. It used to drive my last husband crazy.He felt like it was such a waste. I dont know why I do it,but I always have.

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2022 3:57 PM

I pity your pulpless existence.

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2022 4:01 PM

R57

When I was a kid, they sold a gadget for sucking out the juice. You stuck it into the peel and it had a mouthpiece. I never had one.

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2022 4:06 PM

And therein lies the tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2022 4:07 PM

I voice memo record my farts then listen to them later for a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2022 4:35 PM

^ Oh, I forgot to add that I will save them under a name that the sound resembles - Haunted House Door, Shy Girl, Nagasaki, Kim Kardashian...

by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2022 4:38 PM

@r54, "I live alone, and I usually hang around the house naked, or with just a T shirt on"

Nice skid marks on all the upholstery 😬

by Anonymousreply 63September 26, 2022 4:42 PM

R54, why not go fully naked?

by Anonymousreply 64September 26, 2022 4:42 PM

R53, that sounds remarkably like the accusations flung at me from elderly dementia patients when I worked at the nursing home as a kid!

by Anonymousreply 65September 26, 2022 4:49 PM

I sometimes sing 'Zip' from Pal Joey but make up my own nonsensical lyrics. "I don't want a sweet potato, just a re-gu-lar tomato. Zip, I'm an in-cu-bator."

by Anonymousreply 66September 26, 2022 5:29 PM

I sniff my bed pillows and pull my hair. But now i keep my hair buzzed very short so I can no longer do that.

by Anonymousreply 67September 26, 2022 5:44 PM

I go into Hobby Lobby, pretend to shoplift, rearrange their cheap wooden "craft letters" to spell words like "fuck" and "cunt," then abruptly leave without buying anything.

by Anonymousreply 68September 26, 2022 5:46 PM

Marry me, r68

by Anonymousreply 69September 26, 2022 5:46 PM

I touch myself inappropriately at work.

by Anonymousreply 70September 26, 2022 5:48 PM

I fantasize about eating people.

by Anonymousreply 71September 26, 2022 5:50 PM

r53, I do something similar when i drive and pretend to be the befuddled old people who drive slowly whom I drive with. I produce a voice that always sound like Ronald Reagan's.

"Why you young whppersnappers..."

by Anonymousreply 72September 26, 2022 5:53 PM

I, uh ... oh, never mind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 26, 2022 5:55 PM

[quote]R65 that sounds remarkably like the accusations flung at me from elderly dementia patients when I worked at the nursing home as a kid, r53!

Haha. Yes… but it’s not dementia in my case. I’ve done this since my 20s.

I’ll also sometimes do it when I’m looking for something. (“Where, WHERE are the sacred car keys? Why must they hide, so alone and forlorn? Why must they persecute me, hiding so?? It is not to be endured.”)

I told an actor about this once, and said, “Do you ever talk to yourself as some crazy character when you’re alone?” He said, “Oh, all the time.”

by Anonymousreply 74September 26, 2022 5:56 PM

My weird habit can't alway be hidden: I talk to myself.

Done so since I was a child. I just have full on conversations with myself about life, sadness, happiness, the state of the world, what I hate about person so-so, what I love about person so-so.

It's actually a problem. Seems others here have the same problem!

by Anonymousreply 75September 26, 2022 5:59 PM

I used to count syllables. Even numbers were the goal.

Also went to Catholic school in my youth. I became superstitious about things not going well unless I said X number of Hail Marys and X number of Our Fathers. And I'm not even Catholic. I have forgotten how long that lasted. Less than a year, I hope!

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2022 5:59 PM

I will blow my nose on a bedsheet if I am washing it right after.

Why waste a tissue?

by Anonymousreply 77September 26, 2022 7:00 PM

[quote]My thing started when I was a kid and we would spend hours watching the Jerry Lewis MD Telethon. In my mind I would add up all the numbers in the phone numbers that popped up. I still find myself doing it occasionally.

I'll bet you were a Mathlete!

by Anonymousreply 78September 26, 2022 7:26 PM

I like to stick my hands in my armpits and then smell them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 26, 2022 7:27 PM

To R75, I understand...I have been having conservations with me and my multiple personalities since childhood. I did it when I was raising my children at home& working from home in La Jolla. I always told them that raising them was a Joy, but it made me insane. My housekeeper, chef, babysitter and best friend Ceceila used to freak out, then she got used to it. The flowers, dogs, cats, toys, the ocean being too loud, the seagulls screeching at me, l started conversations with all of them.

by Anonymousreply 80September 26, 2022 8:53 PM

I have weird fetish for semi attractive powerful white men. I grew up Catholic. NO I don't want to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 81September 26, 2022 8:59 PM

A lot of numbers habits here.

I will always first pick option 3 if there are between 3 and 5 options.

If there are more than 5 options, and I cannot take "3", then I will take whatever is divisible by 3.

If there are at least 12 options, then I will prefer "3", but my second preference would be a number whose digits add up to 3 (e.g., "21") or a number whose digits ultimately add up to "3" (e.g., 1,281 = 12 = 3).

If I cannot select 3, a number with digits ultimately adding up to 3, or a number divisible by 3, I will prefer the option ending in 3 (e.g., 23).

This all goes really quickly in my head.

by Anonymousreply 82September 26, 2022 9:03 PM

I don't like to walk on grates or metal plates that are actual doors or entrances below, in the sidewalk in a downtown area. I've no desire to fall through to whatever trap door or storage space is down there. Who knows who maintains these things or how well. I will go around them. Most people don't notice.

by Anonymousreply 83September 26, 2022 9:06 PM

I forgot to add old. Old powerful white men. There is an important distinction to be made. I have a weird sick fetish.

by Anonymousreply 84September 26, 2022 9:12 PM

On solo road trips, I play math games with distance, speed and my cruise control.

by Anonymousreply 85September 26, 2022 9:47 PM

R80, my convos are just with myself. To be honest, your habit sounds much more interesting...

by Anonymousreply 86September 26, 2022 9:58 PM

I call my dog nasty names. She's deaf and has no idea.

by Anonymousreply 87September 26, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]R82 A lot of numbers habits here.

I don’t like math enough to do that.

Counting and adding is a chore.

by Anonymousreply 88September 26, 2022 10:07 PM

I write snarky, but really funny, kinda snide comments in many, many DL threads and then just before hitting "Post"... I erase them.

by Anonymousreply 89September 26, 2022 10:27 PM

@r87, "I call my dog nasty names."

😂

Me too, people think I'm rude, but I assure them that my dog has no idea what "idiot" and "jerk" mean and since I'm not yelling he just wags his tail and looks at me...

Probably thinks the same of me

by Anonymousreply 90September 26, 2022 10:29 PM

R83

I do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 91September 26, 2022 10:44 PM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 92September 26, 2022 10:45 PM

I have to use squeeze style spray bottles in multiples of three sprays. This doesn't apply to push down spray bottles like cologne and hairspray.

by Anonymousreply 93September 26, 2022 10:46 PM

Pit licking

by Anonymousreply 94September 26, 2022 10:48 PM

[quote]I will knead the satin binding of a blanket with the thumb and fingers of my right hand,

That's no so weird; one of my nieces used to do that.

by Anonymousreply 95September 26, 2022 10:54 PM

I've heard of that silky fabric habit. I think that's why lots of kids carry around their blankets.

I used to rub my right eyebrow a lot when I was a little kid. I did meet one other person who liked to rub their eyebrow.

by Anonymousreply 96September 26, 2022 11:51 PM

R61, that's both juvenile and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 97September 27, 2022 12:27 AM

shower shoes..I started in college and never stopped. I dont like being bare foot in my own shower!

by Anonymousreply 98September 27, 2022 1:13 AM

Trichilottimania (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 99September 27, 2022 1:19 AM

I enjoy eating powdered Gain laundry detergent

by Anonymousreply 100September 27, 2022 1:20 AM

2. I talk back to the TV constantly. Drama, comedy, non-fiction, classic. Doesn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 101September 27, 2022 1:30 AM

On stairs: right foot first going up, left foot first going down.

by Anonymousreply 102September 27, 2022 1:32 AM

Going on a 3-day Tina bender once every 3 months and getting blindfolded, ass-up pump and dumped by BBCs (only, no whites or otherwise) at a sleazy motel by the highway.

by Anonymousreply 103September 27, 2022 1:40 AM

R102 why did I try to read your post as something sexual?

by Anonymousreply 104September 27, 2022 1:42 AM

R101 I talk to the TV when I watch any Cable news, sports and always during commercials I dislike ie Lume, Jimmy Walker Medicare advantage.

by Anonymousreply 105September 27, 2022 1:46 AM

To R105, my multiple personalities do not like those commercials either, and my cat Natasha doesn't like them too. She tells those "OLDE people they need to DIE& stop sucking away my Social Security!!

She MEOWS at the giant TV.

by Anonymousreply 106September 27, 2022 1:54 AM

I never touch anything in a public bathroom after washing my hands. I use a paper towel to open the door.

by Anonymousreply 107September 27, 2022 1:56 AM

That's not weird, r107.

by Anonymousreply 108September 27, 2022 1:57 AM

All my dollar bills have the heads facing the same way. All the clothes in my closet face left.

by Anonymousreply 109September 27, 2022 1:58 AM

I can not stand a lack of symmetry. I once walked across the street to fix my neighbor Christmas lights that were off kilter.

by Anonymousreply 110September 27, 2022 1:59 AM

When I see a good looking man, I guess how much pubic hair he has. Sometimes I will see a friend nude or a gym member taking a shower. In most cases, I'm right, but I've been totally wrong sometimes. Manscaping ruins the game...

by Anonymousreply 111September 27, 2022 2:13 AM

Muriel will be changing the name from DL to OCD. This has at least re-comfirmed my normalcy.

by Anonymousreply 112September 27, 2022 2:14 AM

I pluck the sebaceous filament hairs on top of my nose. Dr. Pimple Popper here I come.

by Anonymousreply 113September 27, 2022 2:16 AM

[quote]At night I like to read while chewing ice

One of my siblings chews ice and I can't even stand being in the same room as her when she's doing it. It's so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 114September 27, 2022 2:18 AM

I used to chew Lifesavers and other hard candy.

by Anonymousreply 115September 27, 2022 2:20 AM

When I can’t pee at a urinal (pee shy, I guess, and of course we don’t have urinals at home) I find that touching something cold with the inside of my wrist, like the flush lever or the water pipe, gets things going right away. It works every time.

But it’s not something you go around talking about.

by Anonymousreply 116September 27, 2022 2:33 AM

I have to sleep with a pillow on top of my head. I like the weight of it (not to block out noise or light). If a killer broke in while I was sleeping, I'd be very easy to suffocate. A few people know about this and think it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 117September 27, 2022 2:40 AM

When I sexually or romantically fantasise, 9/10 it’s not about me or anyone I know in real life, but famous or fictional people. I get off mostly only thinking about strangers with idealised images than I do tangible people within realistic reach. Even trying to fantasise about myself or a real life crush feels awkward and leaves me cold for the most part—imagining myself in a scenario has maybe been a hot experience three or four times in my entire 30 years of life.

Telling this to a therapist once, I was told it was “abnormal and avoidant”, though I’d spent my adolescence assuming it’s what everybody did. So I guess it counts as weird. FWIW I’m a celibate virgin, and considered to be asexual by some (though I don’t call or identify myself that way), so maybe it’s behaviour peculiar to that profile.

by Anonymousreply 118September 27, 2022 2:42 AM

I've started peeing sitting down. The toilet stays cleaner, but I do need to press on my taint after I finish peeing to get the last bit out before shaking off.

by Anonymousreply 119September 27, 2022 2:47 AM

R118, if and when you start having sex, you will probably start fantasizing about those real people that you had sex with in the past (instead of fantasizing about celebrities).

by Anonymousreply 120September 27, 2022 2:56 AM

Remembrance of Tricks Past

by Anonymousreply 121September 27, 2022 3:25 AM

I can only read magazines in the tub. If I’m in-between issues, I’ll take anything,a catalog I’m not interested in, into the tub to read.

by Anonymousreply 122September 27, 2022 3:58 AM

But the pages get wet.

by Anonymousreply 123September 27, 2022 4:08 AM

I do my best to keep them dry. Sometimes I Jack off to something in the mag, so I’ll stick it between the sliding glass tub/shower doors to hold it in place.

by Anonymousreply 124September 27, 2022 4:12 AM

I tape grasshoppers to my back.

by Anonymousreply 125September 27, 2022 4:12 AM

In summer months on days it's really humid, I put cotton balls under my foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 126September 27, 2022 4:19 AM

I moan homosexually when being penetrated. I like to make exaggerated high pitched feminine moans when my husbear faggots me. I’m 60 chubby balding and fem. Let me enjoy it and own it!

by Anonymousreply 127September 27, 2022 4:23 AM

I observe everything people do and mentally rehearse it so I seem NORMAL to other humans.

I like computers more than people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 27, 2022 4:28 AM

r117, I also like to sleep with a pillow over my head - and a black t-shirt besides! So you are not alone in the world. A sleep expert at Stanford said that utter blackness is the best way to sleep soundly. And when the interviewer (Teri Gross) asked her how she slept, she said that she put a black cloth over her head! She likened it to putting a cloth over a bird's cage. That's when I realized that I was ahead of my time...LOL

by Anonymousreply 129September 27, 2022 7:15 AM

I pee in the sink. I do that to avoid the splash back from urinals or commodes. The splash back disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 130September 27, 2022 7:29 AM

Ok this isn't a habit, but does anyone else sneeze when they get turned on by something?

by Anonymousreply 131September 27, 2022 7:39 AM

And I make three R117 and R129. It started about ten years ago when I had a neighbour whose dogs barked a lot and it helped muffle the noise. The neighbour and his dogs are long gone but the habit continues.

by Anonymousreply 132September 27, 2022 8:00 AM

Before I sleep, I usually make up alphabetical lists of similar things in my mind. Like boy names, flowers, birds, old actors and actresses, mammals, girl names, foreign words like aloha, bien, caliente, deux, etc. I'm usually asleep before I hit the stumbling blocks of Q or X.

by Anonymousreply 133September 27, 2022 8:21 AM

R117 = Justice Scalia

by Anonymousreply 134September 27, 2022 10:00 AM

I use toothpaste for lube.

by Anonymousreply 135September 27, 2022 10:02 AM

1. r130 Same! At home only, of course. Especially at night when I wake up to pee and don't turn on the bathroom light. It's just easier and uses less water.

2. I often count my walking steps when getting near home, to see if I can beat a random number that I guess in my head.

3. I label every grocery or toiletry item I buy with the date, price (and any discount) and location.

4. I always know the exact amount of currency I am carrying, bills and change. Last night, I had $31.31 and thought that was funny.

by Anonymousreply 136September 27, 2022 10:44 AM

I have a spreadsheet called Master Tracking with tabs on it for tracking when I open and replace toiletries, certain foods, pet food, t-shirt wearing order, what tv shows I watched (including when I started watching, when I finished, how many season and episodes, number of days watching, and average episodes per day,) what books I read (again including when I started, finished, number of pages, how many days, and average pages per day,) among other things.

by Anonymousreply 137September 27, 2022 12:30 PM

I give thanks to any flesh food before I eat it.

Tomorrow I’ll be having Salmon 🍣 for lunch.

Right before I eat the salmon I will say-

Thank you salmon for providing me with sustenance.

by Anonymousreply 138September 27, 2022 12:42 PM

R117- When I travel I always take my pillow with me. I can’t risk sleeping on a hotel/motel pillow- they might be and often are like marshmallows.

My pillow is firm yet cushy.

by Anonymousreply 139September 27, 2022 12:48 PM

When I sneeze 🤧 I say to myself out loud-

God bless you Thank you You’re welcome

by Anonymousreply 140September 27, 2022 12:57 PM

R136- You posted on the wrong thread.

That belongs on the Underwhelm Me thread 🧵.

by Anonymousreply 141September 27, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote]you hide from others

You only THINK you're hiding it. Everyone knows you're a weirdo

by Anonymousreply 142September 27, 2022 1:06 PM

Nothing too unusual. Before bed every night I do exactly 117 sit ups, 5 minutes of autofellatio if I’m alone, and brush my teeth for exactly 3 1/2 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 143September 27, 2022 1:24 PM

^ Do you spit or swallow?

by Anonymousreply 144September 27, 2022 1:26 PM

I have to make a list of things to do every day; I've become OCD about it to the point that I feel kind of lost if I don't have a "to do" list. It makes me feel as if I've accomplished something, even if it's just "do laundry" or "clean the bathroom"

by Anonymousreply 145September 27, 2022 1:38 PM

I pull out pubic hairs. I'm not even joking, or being a creep. It just satisfies me to lay there and pull them out one by one. I stop if it's stinging too much, but when they come out easily it's rewarding. Then, I like to look at them and appraise coarseness, length and colour before I discard them onto the carpet. I vacuum the next day.

by Anonymousreply 146September 27, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote]^ Do you spit or swallow?

After autofellatio or tooth brushing?

by Anonymousreply 147September 27, 2022 3:04 PM

I order stuff from QVC...and then I send it back.

by Anonymousreply 148September 27, 2022 3:43 PM

I roll my head and shoulders backwards to get to sleep. I've been doing it all my life- almost 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 149September 27, 2022 3:59 PM

^^^ I know about head, but how do you do shoulders?

by Anonymousreply 150September 27, 2022 5:12 PM

r141 how so?

by Anonymousreply 151September 27, 2022 9:33 PM

R107

Not weird at all. It's cleanly.

by Anonymousreply 152September 27, 2022 9:43 PM

You bitches who pee in your sinks REVOLT me.

by Anonymousreply 153September 27, 2022 10:07 PM

I put my dick in electric sockets. What a rush!

by Anonymousreply 154September 27, 2022 11:21 PM

^ I found one of your baby pictures... 🤪

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 27, 2022 11:31 PM

I sleep with a stuffed teddy bear. I'm the big spoon.

I count things, but not all the time. It's random, and sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it and come in mid-count.

by Anonymousreply 156September 27, 2022 11:39 PM

Lately I take my metal tin of Trader Joe's Organic Black Pepper open the plastic lid and sniff strongly to facilitate a sneeze- which usually works- I like a good sneeze.

by Anonymousreply 157September 28, 2022 12:09 AM

R131- After I have an orgasm after masturbating to something sexy on the internet I briefly get a craving for SWEETS 🍭.

by Anonymousreply 158September 28, 2022 12:12 AM

R110 Be careful. In Florida you may have gotten shot.

by Anonymousreply 159September 28, 2022 12:16 AM

R156, I do too. Both the teddy bear, and the counting. The counting is part of my OCD. I tend to count in threes. God forbid I am walking down the street listening to music in 3/4 time, as no force on Earth will stop me from counting my steps.

by Anonymousreply 160September 28, 2022 12:21 AM

R137 is very busy

by Anonymousreply 161September 28, 2022 12:26 AM

make inane game mods.

in the nuttier, I have notebooks full of theorems.. some are just reproductions of classics fro mmemory and reworking through them because it calms my nerves when I'm over stressed. In more triggered years, vigiltantism. . . the safer to admit was just anonymously dropping off info at their local, federal and interational law and a handful of charities geared to that sort of thing. few ever report back. collectives seek fame. and reporting that kind of stuff on clear net sites is a joke, too., so many sites will ban you for pointing out their weak points and accuse you of looking for it as if that was more of a problem than it being on their service. The same when it happens in real life, in your neighborhood, like when your neighbors hate snitches more than they hate crime and when law enforcement hates tidy packages even within legal parameters. but also, same as collectives, far too many people seeking fame doing the same thing and most of them are corrupt. so, it's a lose-lose for you.

memorization of monlogues, fictional languages, code... rabbit holes of information. But I suppose I share most of that. .. I just go thru whims of obsession on random things, reach the sweet spot or however high my limited abilities will extend and then tire of it. . . hold on to projects tht will never meet the light of day because there's no more "open" places to go without massive endorsements, sponsorship, funding... where most want to do less. so, tech and other innovations are held back and often subverted for gimmicks. it's all quite soul crushing. so, many simple things could change the landscape in which you live but to be that kind of person is be on the outside. while to be successful is to reproduce more of the same because that is what the market wants.

by Anonymousreply 162September 28, 2022 12:39 AM

I am actually an ordained nun.

by Anonymousreply 163September 28, 2022 12:43 AM

I do everything to 'shake shake shake shake your booty'. If I am washing dishes I think 'wash wash wash wash the dishes' or 'brush brush brush brush your teeth'

I have full on ocd and am just plain weird so I will limit it to that.

by Anonymousreply 164September 28, 2022 2:12 AM

🎶eat eat eat🎶

🎶eat eat eat🎶

🎶eat her pussy🎶

by Anonymousreply 165September 28, 2022 2:16 AM

I could teach someone that tune.

by Anonymousreply 166September 28, 2022 2:20 AM

I try to get my bank account balance to round numbers. I also like to write out all expected expenses for the next week.

by Anonymousreply 167September 28, 2022 2:23 AM

R167- I don't know if those things are weird rather than just examples of your fastidiousness.

by Anonymousreply 168September 28, 2022 2:25 AM

Gosh, I've been doing this since I was in high school and I think it's an OCD. Every time I see a year in which someone was born, or a year a movie came out, I have to count up in increments of 10 to see how old the person or movie is. It never ends and never will.

by Anonymousreply 169September 28, 2022 5:47 AM

I cum into my chocolate sundae.

by Anonymousreply 170September 28, 2022 7:22 AM

The gas pump HAS to read a whole dollar or dollar and fifty cents amount when I'm done filling the car's gas tank.

I will coax three more drops from the nozzle in order to have a receipt that ends in .00 or .50.

At $3.89 a gallon, it's not hard to do.

by Anonymousreply 171September 28, 2022 12:23 PM

I use to overfill my gas tank too until I ruined it's vapor canister, which is a pollution control device. Cost me $400 to replace. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 172September 28, 2022 12:30 PM

Pity, R172. Mine stops filling easily two gallons from full - the last two gallons could take ten minutes if I insisted on a totally full tank.

Mistakes like that can be costly. A friend (some years back - I think they've changed the nozzles since then) half-filled his gas engine car's tank with diesel fuel. New gas tanks and fuel systems cost $$$.

by Anonymousreply 173September 28, 2022 12:37 PM

Talking to myself.

by Anonymousreply 174September 28, 2022 1:10 PM

^ I do that all the time, people just think I'm on the phone

by Anonymousreply 175September 28, 2022 1:19 PM

R174

Not weird.

by Anonymousreply 176September 28, 2022 1:38 PM

When Pinterest launched, I pinned pictures of family cars. My Dad's a car enthusiast (something I've learned or inherited!) so there's lots of interesting stuff, classic and modern.

But then it expanded into spreadsheets, where I'd note down engine details, dimensions and performance stats. Basic information at first, but over the years it's got extremely detailed! I've even got original prices including any optional extras, and I update these yearly with inflation.

At one point, I was comparing family cars with their natural competitors, to see how they compared in terms of acceleration or economy. I did delete that tab in the end.

It's all a bit much now, but I can't stop as it's many years worth of work!

by Anonymousreply 177September 28, 2022 2:09 PM

^ That is a very cool hobby, not weird at all

by Anonymousreply 178September 28, 2022 2:27 PM

I repeat everything.

I repeat everything.

by Anonymousreply 179September 28, 2022 2:30 PM

[quote]I am actually an ordained nun.

That's not the kind of "habit" we were talking about, Madge.

by Anonymousreply 180September 28, 2022 2:47 PM

I scan the obituaries daily. I calculate the mean age for everyone who died, and use that as my projected death year.

by Anonymousreply 181September 28, 2022 3:04 PM

Drink tiger blood

by Anonymousreply 182September 28, 2022 3:09 PM

I sculpt chess pieces made from my earwax.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 28, 2022 3:28 PM

R181 I do too, but only out of habit. In Boston, the obituary section is known as the Irish sports pages.

by Anonymousreply 184September 28, 2022 3:42 PM

I always jerk off into an old tee shirt

I piss in the sink

I fantasize about being married and having three kids and imagine the day in-day out-everyday

I wet my finger sometimes to clean my ear

I have full conversations with my dog

I rock myself to sleep sometimes

I get hard if I am near an attractive man and he starts to cry

by Anonymousreply 185September 28, 2022 3:47 PM

I search the MLS several times per day. I've always loved stately old brick apartment buildings. I get fixated on a particular city and search condos in vintage buildings. I usually stick to studios or 1 bedrooms. I work on a floor plan, placing my favorite pieces of furniture. I do a virtual drive around the neighborhood. In this fantasy move I don't have a car, so restaurants, shopping have to be walking distance. I live in a good sized house, no plans to move...it's all just fantasy. I've been with my partner for over 40 years, we coupled when I was 21, so I never really lived on my own. I think in some way I'm just living out my lost youth...maybe? Or sometimes I think if something happens and I'm on my own, how would I want to live? I don't know...

by Anonymousreply 186September 28, 2022 4:18 PM

I'm single and rotate all of my plates, silverware, and drinking glasses so that they all get used evenly. It's a bitch to unload the dishwasher because all of freshly-cleaned things have to go in the back.

Cos has different colored food bowls (blue, red, black, and green). I make sure he doesn't eat out of the same color two days in a row.

When folding underwear, the brands have to be together, i.e. , Fruit of Loom, Hanes, etc.

When I tip, it has to end in .00. Thank goodness for places like Weis. You can donate the change to get to the even number.

At work, I park in the exact same spot, away from other cars. It keeps my car from getting dinged up and allows me to get in extra steps since I park so far away from the building.

by Anonymousreply 187September 28, 2022 6:18 PM

To R185...I have full conversations with my cats and dogs- my cat Natasha actually has picked stocks that have made $$$$. The work wife Jane told the the big boss (Big G) about it. He flew in 2 weeks ago and watched Natasha pick stock that made millions in 2 days.

Also, I clean my ears out with a dirty t-shirt, sometimes blow my nose on it (it gets washed in hot water)

To 186...over 40 years, Congrats to both of you! That deserves a good bottle of red tonight(actually 4). You 2 are very LUCKY!! I am jealous of that.

by Anonymousreply 188September 28, 2022 6:30 PM

I've loved riding in elevators since I was a little kid. I had a dog that loved them too, I believe he thought of them as magical rooms. I even say hello and goodbye to the elevators when I get on and off, if no one else is there.

by Anonymousreply 189September 28, 2022 7:19 PM

To R189, I thought it was just me!! I say" Hello Mr Elevator or Miss Elevator, please don't kill me, u look very pretty today" Then it's "Goodbye see you later Buddy" My dog Merlin Loves them, wags his tail-believes they're rides" I thought I was the only one. Of course, I'm by myself!!

by Anonymousreply 190September 28, 2022 8:25 PM

This thread is mad but I'm glad of it. Some of you are positively bonkers, but it's nice that we can all be bonkers together. 😁

by Anonymousreply 191September 28, 2022 8:49 PM

R190 I call them by their numbers, lol. Do you ever go for a walk just to ride an elevator, or several? I don't think it's as weird as all that, there is an elevator in Toronto that people pay to ride because it's so high.

by Anonymousreply 192September 28, 2022 9:36 PM

20 years I tried to hide the fact that I just walk into Saks and steal shit.

by Anonymousreply 193September 28, 2022 9:38 PM

^ That's ok, Wi, I steal shit all the time. Gives me a great feeling of accomplishment 🙂

by Anonymousreply 194September 28, 2022 9:47 PM

When I go to my local Whole Foods I have MY parking spot. It's mine genetically- as it were.

If someone is parked in MY spot I'm in a BAD fuckin mood that day at the store. I like that spot too because when I leave I don't have to back out because there's no parking spot on the other side of it- that's another thing I hate- having to back out of a spot.

by Anonymousreply 195September 28, 2022 11:55 PM

If I have a bad day at work during the summer, I'll jump into the pool wearing the shirt, tie, pants, socks and shoes I wore all day. It's a nice jolt being totally submerged in cold water, but it gets rid of the stress of the day. It also feels a little naughty; you aren't supposed to do it. I'll float a little while and strip off when I get out of the water.

The clothes I work in usually come from thrift stores, so it's no big loss to get them wet.

by Anonymousreply 196September 29, 2022 1:07 AM

I do /not/ understand the reason why people piss in the sink.

Esp. in a public bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 197September 29, 2022 1:42 AM

R196 I think that is lovely. Also really smart, doing something 'subversive' (society says that's a weird thing to do...) that also gives a physical jolt to the system. I'd imagine that genuinely helps 'reset' the mind. A modern-day cleansing ritual!

by Anonymousreply 198September 29, 2022 4:29 PM

But doesn’t that ruin your shoes? Even thrift store shoes- I don’t get it. Like you’re playing a suicidal character in a ‘60s movie. Are you Jack Lemmon?

by Anonymousreply 199September 29, 2022 4:55 PM

@r196, You have some weird priorities. Thrift store clothes but your own swimming pool? Do you drive a 25 year old Mercedes as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200September 29, 2022 5:16 PM

When I'm alone, I sometimes pretend I'm being interviewed by someone like Barbara Walters over my past. I treat it like a big retrospective of everything I've done and usually feel better afterwards. I say I'm sorry for all the bad things I've done and how grateful I am for all the good things that have happened in my life and crack a few jokes to let "the people" know I'm humble and have a sense of humor to be more relatable. It's like good therapy. Or maybe I just need real therapy.

by Anonymousreply 201September 29, 2022 5:18 PM

To R201, Thank You, I laughed out loud in a meeting 15 minutes ago.

You don't need therapy, you're just perfect because of your imperfections.

by Anonymousreply 202September 29, 2022 6:50 PM

I watch a lot of videos about narcissistic abuse.

by Anonymousreply 203September 29, 2022 7:21 PM

I like telling myself I'm a Queen when I'm alone. In a nice way.

by Anonymousreply 204September 29, 2022 7:35 PM

But you are, Blanche, you are a Queen!

by Anonymousreply 205September 29, 2022 10:10 PM

R196

But your shoes dirty the water. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 206September 29, 2022 10:19 PM

That's what chemicals are for.

by Anonymousreply 207September 30, 2022 12:26 AM

Stories that involve love, honor, loyalty, and brotherhood between men (they don't even have to be gay stories) make me cry. I mean ugly crying: teardrops falling from my eyes, snot flowing from my nose. I don't know why those concepts elicit such a response. Maybe because I'm alone (and yet, I don't want to be in a relationship).

by Anonymousreply 208September 30, 2022 12:40 AM

[quote]I will knead the satin binding of a blanket with the thumb and fingers of my right hand, progressing along the width of it, because it feels cooling and comforting. I have done this since I was a toddler, maybe earlier - it is my very first memory.

Me too, r10. I use either hand and will also do this with cheaper bindings as well.

by Anonymousreply 209September 30, 2022 5:24 AM

I have to be completely naked when I take a shit. I take everything off. I've been this way since I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 210September 30, 2022 6:15 AM

Clutch your pearls, because I know this will be met by complete and utter disgust by most, but occasionally when I jerk off (and I only have the impulse to do this when I'm EXTREMELY horny), I will aim for my face and try to shoot in my mouth. Not sure why, but I've been doing it since I was a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 211September 30, 2022 9:51 AM

^ 😂 You and 10 million other guys

by Anonymousreply 212September 30, 2022 12:45 PM

R196 - There was a commercial in the late 1970’s

The tag line was

Take The Nestea PLUNGE- a man 👨 fully clothed full backwards into a swimming pool holding a glass of Nestea Iced Tea.

by Anonymousreply 213October 2, 2022 1:08 PM

I'm surprised people talk about being in the tub. I haven't taken a sit-down bath since I was a kid in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 214October 2, 2022 1:39 PM

When I was a little kid and I would pick my nose 👃 I would say after, over and over

I HOPE MY NOSE DOES NOT BLEED

by Anonymousreply 215October 2, 2022 1:42 PM

R196, you seem sexy

by Anonymousreply 216October 2, 2022 2:24 PM

A lot of these "habits" are actually ritualistic obsessions, or compulsions, that cause anxiety if not done in an exact way or whatever. I didn't think those were habits, but I guess it's a gray area.

by Anonymousreply 217October 2, 2022 2:43 PM

Compulsive habits can include: Doing tasks in a specific order every time or a certain “good” number of times Needing to count things, like steps or bottles Fear of touching doorknobs, using public toilets, or shaking hands

by Anonymousreply 218October 2, 2022 2:46 PM

I play Gosford park, the scene when jeremy Northam sings, and I cry (because I'm in love with him)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 2, 2022 2:50 PM

I always clean my plate. Even if I don’t like what I’ve been served, I will eat all of it.

by Anonymousreply 220October 2, 2022 3:44 PM

R220, OH me too hun but I also eat the plate.

by Anonymousreply 221October 2, 2022 3:48 PM

Farting loudly

by Anonymousreply 222October 2, 2022 4:33 PM

Occasionally I get an itch in an ear canal and I learned to pour some hydrogen peroxide in it to stop the itch and it also soothes me to sleep. Something about the fizzing and popping.

by Anonymousreply 223October 2, 2022 4:43 PM

Forgot to add that it also helps clear my nasal passages.

by Anonymousreply 224October 2, 2022 4:47 PM

R223 where u buy it?

by Anonymousreply 225October 2, 2022 4:50 PM

I save my dental floss for re-use.

by Anonymousreply 226October 2, 2022 4:52 PM

I wipe with one section of toilet paper

by Anonymousreply 227October 2, 2022 6:27 PM

To R223, you just reminded me, I need to clean my ears out!! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 228October 2, 2022 7:50 PM

I still wear a mask when I shop at Trader Joe's , Whole Foods and other stores and I reuse the same mask over and over.

by Anonymousreply 229October 2, 2022 8:01 PM

Here you go, r213. I remember those commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 3, 2022 3:01 AM

I do the same, R10, except I use a large piece of silk usually.

by Anonymousreply 231October 3, 2022 3:04 AM

OCD weirdo here.

Before going to bed, I have to check my wallet several times before I am satisfied.

Also I knock on wood three times (not twice) because three is my lucky number.

by Anonymousreply 232October 3, 2022 3:10 AM

r227, I wipe with one ply of a two ply single square of toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 233October 3, 2022 3:18 AM

R232. You check your wallet before bed. Do you live in an efficiency?

by Anonymousreply 234October 3, 2022 3:34 AM

I make up dance routines with my fingers. I can hear a song and suddenly my pointer and middle fingers are "legs" and they're tapping on the table and I'm moving them around, kicking, gliding and jumping.

by Anonymousreply 235October 3, 2022 3:45 AM

Sometimes I like to knead my balls like dough.

by Anonymousreply 236October 4, 2022 2:47 PM

r210, I didn't realize my son posted here!

by Anonymousreply 237October 4, 2022 2:55 PM

I not only talk to myself- I repeat myself.

by Anonymousreply 238October 5, 2022 1:39 PM

[r235] I do that too! But because I did gymnastics as a teen, I use my fingers to do 'routines' across my desk like it's the tumbling floor, or in the air like it's bars. It's quite stupid, but I still do it even now.

by Anonymousreply 239October 7, 2022 8:26 AM

"Reveal a weird habit you hide from others"

If there's anything I've learned from my travails is that you absolutely DON'T reveal a weird habit you hide from others.

by Anonymousreply 240October 7, 2022 10:03 AM

This is only relevant to other DLers

If I am very busy and need to really get things done, I will post something negative about DL's anti-trans brigade. It does not need to be over the top, just mildly critical.

Within 15 minutes, give or take, they will have given that post enough FFs to block me from posting for 24 hours and that stops me from spending too much time on DL.

by Anonymousreply 241October 7, 2022 10:17 AM

I fart in bed

by Anonymousreply 242October 7, 2022 1:09 PM

I feel more sensitive and hurt to things than I pretend to be.

by Anonymousreply 243October 7, 2022 1:13 PM

I touch roses.

by Anonymousreply 244October 7, 2022 1:17 PM

I lick rosebuds

by Anonymousreply 245October 7, 2022 2:47 PM

I sometimes talk to myself in an English accent. It cheers me up.

by Anonymousreply 246October 7, 2022 5:35 PM

Cheerio!

by Anonymousreply 247October 7, 2022 5:54 PM

Oh bother! We’re due for a spot of rain.

by Anonymousreply 248October 7, 2022 5:56 PM

Sometimes I pretend I’m a lion in my living room and go rooooooar!

by Anonymousreply 249October 7, 2022 6:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 7, 2022 6:59 PM

R244, are you Adrian Monk, by any chance? I caught the first 3 episodes the other day and remembered how funny the show was. Well, when Sharona was his assistant.

by Anonymousreply 251October 7, 2022 7:11 PM

I sometimes talk to myself. In foreign and regional accents.

by Anonymousreply 252October 8, 2022 12:00 AM

Sometimes as I go about my day, I pretend I'm being filmed. Not reality tv style, more your good quality BBC documentary style. I imagine what the narrator is saying, or what questions the journalist is asking me. I lead a very boring life, and certainly don't have good looks or intellect so why I would ever be the subject of a documentary escapes me. But, it amuses me and makes me stand straighter, adopt a less dopey expression, and speak with better pronunciation.

by Anonymousreply 253October 9, 2022 12:49 PM

I do that too, R1. I say good morning to birds, squirrels and deer that may wander over. I talk to them. The birds cheep back...lol. The deer just stand there, looking at me...but they don't come up to me. They're pretty tame...only feet away. I had facial tics when I was a kid...pretty bad at times. That has gone away, for the most part, but it comes out now and then...especially when I'm anxious and nervous. I guess maybe it's like tourettes?....except that I don't have the uncontrollable vocal outbursts.

by Anonymousreply 254October 9, 2022 1:01 PM

I love to smell my fingers after rubbing them against my hole.

by Anonymousreply 255October 9, 2022 1:06 PM

I play tennis, and will go out of my way to only use the ball closest to the net for a first serve and the next closest for a second serve. It sometimes really slows down play, but even if there’s a ball only two steps from me I’ll still walk all the way to the net to grab a ball that’s closer to it. If I don’t serve with the ball that’s closest to the net, I know I’ll lose the point.

by Anonymousreply 256October 9, 2022 2:41 PM

R255 saw you do that on chaturbate

by Anonymousreply 257October 9, 2022 2:50 PM

My best friend (woman) and I watch Chaturbate together like it's Netlfix and we have a habit of befriending the older old school cross dressers. And one of them we've attached to like a distant mother father figure.

by Anonymousreply 258October 9, 2022 3:29 PM

r258, That's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 259October 9, 2022 3:30 PM

Yes R258 that's weird, do you whip your cock out in front of your friend when you happen upon a horny twink?

by Anonymousreply 260October 9, 2022 3:37 PM

I blush when I get hit on. It happens daily and I'm learning to live with it. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 261October 9, 2022 3:51 PM

r261, That's lovely and nothing to be ashamed of.

by Anonymousreply 262October 9, 2022 3:52 PM

I like to give the floors and baseboards the Joan Crawford treatment. It relaxes me.

by Anonymousreply 263October 9, 2022 4:27 PM

I humblebrag on anonymous web forums.

by Anonymousreply 264October 10, 2022 10:10 AM

I'll rehearse conversations I'm planning to have with someone or ones that I know I might never have. It helps when there's been a relationship that didn't end with any closure and you want to get it all out.

by Anonymousreply 265October 10, 2022 4:37 PM

R261 What's the weird habit? Getting hit on and blushing aren't habits.

by Anonymousreply 266October 10, 2022 5:20 PM

R261...Blushing makes you more attractive. It's charming to many people. Not a bad problem to have.

by Anonymousreply 267October 10, 2022 6:05 PM

Whenever I'm reading about something that happened in the 20th Century, I like to calculate how old my parents/grandparents/great-grandparents were at the time. That inevitably leads me to calculating what year it would be when they were the age I am now, and what events in the world they were living through.

by Anonymousreply 268October 10, 2022 6:31 PM

R267 And still not a habit.

by Anonymousreply 269October 10, 2022 7:14 PM

I do that too, R265. It helps me order my thoughts and be more prepared.

by Anonymousreply 270October 10, 2022 11:40 PM

R264- He's not being humble.

He's just BRAGGING.

by Anonymousreply 271October 12, 2022 4:30 PM

so many fucked up crazy cunts on DL

by Anonymousreply 272October 12, 2022 4:36 PM

After I take a crap I use toilet paper - of course, then I pull down my pants and underwear, dip 3 q tips in Witch Hazel and rub them up and down the CRACK of my ASS.

by Anonymousreply 273October 12, 2022 5:08 PM

I pick my nose and eat it. It’s salty and delicious

by Anonymousreply 274October 12, 2022 5:08 PM

R274- You have a very discerning palate.

by Anonymousreply 275October 12, 2022 5:39 PM

Whenever I see a ceiling fan, I check to see if it’s revolving counter clockwise—the correct way to get air to push down

by Anonymousreply 276October 12, 2022 5:42 PM

R274 I guess they allow six year olds to post here.

by Anonymousreply 277October 13, 2022 2:12 AM

Plucking nose hair is exquisitely painful.

by Anonymousreply 278October 13, 2022 2:28 AM

^a discreet quick yank works.

by Anonymousreply 279October 13, 2022 3:02 AM

R278- Pullin a band aid off my HAIRY arm is exquisitely painful.

by Anonymousreply 280October 13, 2022 3:04 AM

I don't take elevators because I'm afraid of them. I say I'm taking the stairs for health.

by Anonymousreply 281October 15, 2022 3:38 AM

When I shave- I have a towel over the bathroom mirror that cover it almost completely. It only allow me to see myself at my nose or below - just enough to allow me to shave without having to look at myself in the mirror twice a week.

by Anonymousreply 282October 27, 2022 3:22 AM

I like to chew on my finger/toe nails after I clip them off. Have a pile next to my PC keyboard I pick from and chew.

by Anonymousreply 283October 27, 2022 3:25 AM

I used to pretend that I got stuck in someone's body and life, and I would have to fake my way through it without them finding out.

Like, I would wonder how much I could fake out my wife or husband (I could get stuck in a body of either sex) when I didn't even know their name.

I know this shows severe insecurity, and now that I'm older I don't torture myself with this fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 284October 27, 2022 3:31 AM

I have to have tweezers near me when I'm using the desktop computer. I like to pluck any and ALL ear hairs and nose hairs every day. I cannot stand the unsightly look of hairs on a guy's ears or nostril, it is so gross, and by just running my finger around my ears I can feel where they need to be yanked.

I do also have mild trichotillomania, but only for my eyebrows. I leave the hair on my head alone.

by Anonymousreply 285October 27, 2022 3:48 AM

R285- What about the hair on your ASS?

by Anonymousreply 286October 27, 2022 3:52 AM

[quote] Reveal a weird habit you hide from others

I will only shit in the dark with the sink running.

by Anonymousreply 287October 27, 2022 4:00 AM

r287, That's not at all uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 288October 27, 2022 4:02 AM

In the past, whenever a hair came out of my head I would have to check it for the little white bulb on the end. I would feel soothed if it was there and anxious if it was not. I don't think it's trichotillomania because I never pulled hair out, this was only with naturally shed hairs. I have mostly stopped doing this but notice that I can revert back during times of stress.

by Anonymousreply 289October 27, 2022 4:12 AM

I jerk off with Barbasol

by Anonymousreply 290October 27, 2022 4:42 AM

some very sick puppies in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 291October 27, 2022 5:56 AM

I play a computer RPG game & even though I’ve solved it, I replay it from the beginning until I either die or don’t play perfectly, at which point I reset & start over. As I play the tutorial, I imagine my dad is watching me play, & in my head I explain to him each move I’m making (more of a reminder to me not to mess up the very technical tutorial, lest I have to reset).

by Anonymousreply 292October 27, 2022 6:50 AM

Yea I need the tap running if I'm using the toilet and someone is around, lest they hear my bathroom noises

by Anonymousreply 293October 27, 2022 10:52 AM

OP: Browsing DL obvs.

by Anonymousreply 294October 27, 2022 11:01 AM

Dermatotillomania. Not any more but I did have it. I don't even want to go into the details now but I surprise myself, looking back, at the grotesque things I could do when I was mentally unwell.

by Anonymousreply 295October 27, 2022 11:01 AM

If there's an animal in ANY movie I happen to be watching I go directly to www.doesthedogdie.com to check if the dog, or any other "pet" is killed off in the movie. I

If it is, I don't watch the movie.

by Anonymousreply 296November 8, 2022 2:56 PM

I won't walk under ladders where not necessary

Selecting assigned seating, I have a strong preference for odd numbers

When hanging clothes to dry, I select for each article of clothing pins in complimentary or opposing colors

by Anonymousreply 297November 8, 2022 3:04 PM

R296, I'm with you. I was watching a movie where the bad guy threatened the giod guy's dog, and I spent the rest of the movie worrying about the dog and not caring about the action.

by Anonymousreply 298November 8, 2022 3:08 PM

r297, I too have a clothes-hanging fixation. I have to use the same coloured pegs until I run out, and then can only move on to a complementary colour. If there isn't one, then I have to establish a transitional colour to "tied me over" to the next colour. And I have to hang clothes out from the largest item to the smallest. Socks are usually the last, and they have to be hung out in their correct pairs, and preferably from darkest to lightest. If I've got an odd number of socks, those that are unpaired go back into the dirty washing basket until they eventually get washed with their other pair.

I've been known to take in a line of washing up to the point where an overlooked peg should have been used and then insert it. I cannot sleep if I know that the clothes haven't been hung out "correctly".

by Anonymousreply 299November 8, 2022 3:24 PM

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to explain everyday things to people in the Middle Ages. Like explaining coffee or household electrical wiring to Henry VIII.

There was a point in my life whenever I was anxious about something I would flip a coin to “predict the future.” (If it’s heads I won’t be fired.) This seems to have stopped.Probably handle anxiety better.

When much younger I would eat small pieces of paper.

Lately I’ve taken to reading open posts on FB pages of conservative White Anglicans in the American South. I’m not a conservative White Anglican (I’m mixed) but I am from the South. They all seem so sure of themselves, and middle class. This is a very odd habit. They seem simple and it seems like simple nice life with no doubts etc. Southern Baptists just drive me crazy on the other hand.

by Anonymousreply 300November 8, 2022 3:36 PM

i'm an avid thifter and i can recognize things i own in music videos movies and tv shows. just last night i recognized a vintage juice jug i own on the table in the dinner scene of "a friend of the family" in a different color. i'm a very observant person i don't forget faces or objects that catch my interest. when i meet people i can recall what their shoes looked like or if their belt/bag matched their shoes what shape their clothes are in and other banal stuff. it seems like judgemental details but it's not. i have a really good memory but not that marilu henner thing. the pic is the one on the table in the 2nd episode the one i have is teal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 8, 2022 4:29 PM

...and i always thought i'd be an ideal eyewitness. #301

by Anonymousreply 302November 8, 2022 4:30 PM

As a kid, I'd always run and jump onto my bed from the hallway, because I was convinced something would grab me from under the bed if I didn't. I don't do it anymore, but thinking back on it makes me laugh. I was an easily frightened child.

by Anonymousreply 303November 8, 2022 5:06 PM

I am 58, and I still bite my Toenails...at least once every two weeks...

by Anonymousreply 304November 8, 2022 5:07 PM

I like really, really clean windows in my car. Spend about 15 minutes a day with SprayWay and a microfiber cloth polishing them inside and out. Mirrors too.

by Anonymousreply 305November 8, 2022 5:32 PM

I use wet wipes to scrupulously clean my ass after ever dump and I don't flush them so I have to wrap them in tp and put them in the trash in a public WC and at home I have little plastic bags in my bathrooms and every other day or so put the bag in kitchen garbage. its not ecological but I hear the problem with flushing wet wipes is they clog sewers.

by Anonymousreply 306November 8, 2022 9:09 PM

Talk to my cats (they talk back - I swear!)

by Anonymousreply 307November 8, 2022 9:12 PM

I pick any scabs I might have. Because of that, they take forever to heal and leave scars.

by Anonymousreply 308November 8, 2022 11:12 PM

During a heavy rainstorm while walking downtown blocks after 7 or 8 pm, fully dressed in business attire, I know I'm not going to make it to the car before I get completely soaked. So, I relax and enjoy the walk. I can be dressed in a suit or a shirt and tie. It doesn't matter. I don't mind it if my chest shows through the wet shirt. (I compete in fitness shows, so I'm used to showing it off.)

Some people give me dirty looks, like I'm doing something wrong. Some guys smile and wink. I think we're all too uptight sometimes. Just let go and let it pour.

by Anonymousreply 309November 8, 2022 11:25 PM

I like to pick the dirt and gradue from my toenails and then smell it.

by Anonymousreply 310November 12, 2022 3:01 AM

R309 shows that where there's a will there's a way for an exhibitionist to push through.

by Anonymousreply 311November 12, 2022 3:03 AM

I tell everyone my pussy stinks.

Weird, but it's true.

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 312November 12, 2022 3:05 AM

Not my weird habit but one time I was in jail (maybe that was my weird habit) and I knew I was there till mon morning so I cast my eye about for something to occupy my time when they bring in this cute as could be redneck and put him in my cell. I start flirting my ass off and he is very responsive (still half drunk) and the whole time we are chatting hes running a comb thru his hair. Thick lucious hair,but I digress. I noticed that after a few passes he would take the comb and pull off the lint or what not and eat it . Yes,eat it. When I asked him why,he said hes always done it since he was a kid. Needless to say he didnt get lucky and it was a very long weekend.

by Anonymousreply 313November 12, 2022 5:13 AM

R313: that is one severely weird post. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 314November 12, 2022 4:20 PM

I can't stop farting tonight

by Anonymousreply 315November 12, 2022 6:14 PM

I do that exact same thing, r11. With the multiples of 5 even! I’m shocked that anyone else does this. I also have to have the volume on the television or radio on multiples of 5.

by Anonymousreply 316November 13, 2022 12:46 AM

I like to crack my toes.

by Anonymousreply 317November 13, 2022 1:28 AM

You're pretty flexible for 58, R304

by Anonymousreply 318November 13, 2022 1:40 AM

I chew and eat my cuticles. This began because I wanted to stop biting my fingernails.

by Anonymousreply 319November 13, 2022 7:48 AM

I put the lotion in the basket.

by Anonymousreply 320November 13, 2022 8:15 AM

R219: whenever I hear a Scottish person speak, I always think of wee Mary’s quote from Gosford: “He's not from Scotland for a start; at least, not any part of it that I know.”

by Anonymousreply 321November 13, 2022 8:21 AM

^^ and say it out loud in her Scottish accent (that’s my weird thing I do) geesh why can’t we edit posts

by Anonymousreply 322November 13, 2022 8:25 AM

Ciphering

Needlepoint

Writing letters to the editor

by Anonymousreply 323November 13, 2022 8:40 AM

I pull on my eyebrows to check for loose hairs

by Anonymousreply 324November 13, 2022 9:05 AM

Whenever I kill a mosquito (I have one of these electric zapping racquets) I have to tap it into the sink and crush it to see if it is full of my blood. I get such satisfaction when I have been bitten then killing the MFer and squeezing my blood out of them.

by Anonymousreply 325November 13, 2022 10:49 AM

Not a habit, really.

More like a campaign.

by Anonymousreply 326November 13, 2022 11:24 PM

I stuff my fingers up my asshole then pull em out and smell em

by Anonymousreply 327November 13, 2022 11:36 PM

[quote] To fall asleep, I do this mental word game to see which letter "wins". E.g., using the short vowel sounds: bath, beth, bith, both, buth = 1 word: bath. math, meth, mith, moth, muth = 2 words: math and moth. So the letter "M" wins, because it makes more real words.

You're putting me to sleep just by DESCRIBING it!

by Anonymousreply 328November 14, 2022 12:21 AM

She’s onto something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 14, 2022 12:27 AM

I have nothing to say on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 330November 14, 2022 12:56 AM

R16 Chris Noth says his name rhymes with Both. Many interviewers have said Nath,

by Anonymousreply 331November 14, 2022 1:23 AM

My true love died a couple years ago. Never knew what sex was until him. I lay in bed scrolling through his pics on my iPad . I enlarge certain areas . Sometimes I talk aloud to myself describing how mind blowing our love making was . I know I’m cray cray. So what.

I’ll go to sleep sonetimes with the ipad next to me.

by Anonymousreply 332November 14, 2022 2:02 AM

Then he should have put a fucking E on the end of it R331.

by Anonymousreply 333November 14, 2022 5:36 AM

To R332, whatever gets you through the night, and makes "YOU" Happy!!

That is all that matters!

by Anonymousreply 334November 14, 2022 3:25 PM

I want to hug you, r332.

by Anonymousreply 335November 14, 2022 4:13 PM

^Me, too.

by Anonymousreply 336November 16, 2022 12:36 AM

[quote][R16] Chris Noth says his name rhymes with Both. Many interviewers have said Nath,

I always thought it rhymed with "moth" but can't imagine anyone would think it rhymed with "math."

by Anonymousreply 337November 16, 2022 12:39 AM

I don't like to eat unless my bladder is completely empty. Even if I have just a bit of pee in me, I'll pee it out before eating.

by Anonymousreply 338November 16, 2022 12:55 AM

I'd have a hard time pronouncing Chris Noth's name. My throat would be otherwise occupied.

by Anonymousreply 339November 16, 2022 12:58 AM

r338, I can relate, as kids we had to hold our water until everyone at the table was finished, which could be excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 340November 16, 2022 3:11 AM

[quote]I live alone (usually happily) and give myself short pep talks, out loud, occasionally into a mirror.

Me too, and sometimes I play silly music like this when I do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 16, 2022 3:21 AM

My Father rolled toothpicks between his index finger and thumb when he thought no one was watching.

My Mother rolled her hair around her index finger. When reading or relaxing with family and friends.

My oldest Brother rolled a small pencil between his index finger and thumb.

My other Brother did the hair twirling thing and stroked his beard. When reading or writing his books.

I have them beat. I have a thing for texture. I buy crocheted pillow cases. I cut the crocheted part in strips and roll a strip between by left thumb and index finger. This is the only thing that calms my mind and it makes me happy. I've done it since a child because my Grandmother crocheted pillow cases and I would carry the pillow case around rolling it between thumb and index finger.

My whole family and I were VERY much type A personalities. Very driven.

by Anonymousreply 342November 16, 2022 5:05 AM

Mar-a-Lago Madamé after daylight fades away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 16, 2022 9:21 AM

I so dance in elevators (when I'm alone, of course). I mean, I get down!

by Anonymousreply 344November 16, 2022 9:53 AM

^You know there are cameras in there right?

by Anonymousreply 345November 16, 2022 9:58 AM

I can be a bit 'OCD' about certain things, which I try to hide when around friends. Recently I was on a crowded tram, so I had to stand and hold onto a bar to stop myself from falling over. All I could think of was how many people with dirty hands had touched the same bar, so when I arrived at the pub where I was meeting friends I pretended I needed the toilet so I could wash my hands throughly. And I was the same pre-pandemic so it's not a Covid thing.

I used to chew ice like the OP until I was told it can easily crack teeth so I stopped it!

by Anonymousreply 346November 16, 2022 10:09 AM

I post on the Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 347November 16, 2022 12:24 PM

I sing the cheesiest songs I can remember with gusto, usually correcting the grammar. Example:

“There was blood and a single gun shot but just who shot WHOM …. At The Copa. Copa Cabana”

“Xanadu. Xanaduuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuu-uuuuu” (No grammar correction there)

“There isn’t anything going on but the rent. The bill collectors are at my door”.

by Anonymousreply 348November 16, 2022 12:46 PM

OP, since reading your post I've been thinking of trying ice and gum to see what it would be like. Does the gum get really hard? Does it fall apart into many small pieces?

Alas, I have several teeth too cold sensitive for me to experiment. I'm also afraid I'd manage to choke myself, giving my partner the right to say "I knew DL would be the death of you!"

by Anonymousreply 349November 16, 2022 12:49 PM

The hair-twirling thing mentioned above makes me crazy. I was in a doctor's waiting room today and the receptionist kept twirling her hair around her index finger. Ugh. That girl needs help.

by Anonymousreply 350November 16, 2022 11:43 PM

I twerk for Orange Donnie to get him in the mood.

by Anonymousreply 351November 17, 2022 1:02 AM

When I need to use a number for something, such as an alarm or cooking time, I choose numbers that have a meaning to me.

Instead of setting my alarm for 6:30, I set it for 6:31 because my nephew was born on the 31st.

by Anonymousreply 352November 17, 2022 3:14 AM

R350. In the last year or so I've seen three different women play with their daughters' long, straight hair, while I was sitting behind them (church, theater, train) and it's so disturbing to watch. Constantly patting, stroking, twirling, pulling to one side then back, gathering it into a ponytail then releasing it.....over and over. Serious OCD behavior. Poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 353November 17, 2022 10:49 AM

For years and years when I am in bed at night I will keep double my numbers 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1024-2048-4096 until I reach 2,097,152 then I'll stop.

by Anonymousreply 354November 17, 2022 4:09 PM

When I approach an automatic opening door I clench and unclench my fist as my telekinetic powers are unleashed.

by Anonymousreply 355November 17, 2022 5:46 PM

When I drive over a railroad I cross my fingers.

by Anonymousreply 356November 17, 2022 5:58 PM

[quote]For years and years when I am in bed at night I will keep double my numbers 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1 - 024-2048-4096 until I reach 2,097,152 then I'll stop.

I used to do that as a version of counting sheep.

by Anonymousreply 357November 17, 2022 11:36 PM

This is my favorite thread.

by Anonymousreply 358November 18, 2022 1:02 AM

I’m up by 4 am each morning and am retired.

by Anonymousreply 359November 23, 2022 1:50 AM

I wash my asshole with soap every morning before going to work and one more time when having a bath or shower after work

by Anonymousreply 360November 23, 2022 1:55 AM

Whenever I learn any fact, I daydream a scenario where somebody asks me about it, I impressively know the answer, and everyone thinks I'm smart.

by Anonymousreply 361November 23, 2022 2:20 AM

When I look up at a bright light I sneeze and I enjoy a good sneeze 🤧

by Anonymousreply 362November 23, 2022 3:35 AM

I have conversations with backyard animals. Mister Prettybird, Fatty Dumbdumb and Stinky Jay know I’m insane.

by Anonymousreply 363November 23, 2022 4:08 AM

^Eric Cartman

by Anonymousreply 364November 23, 2022 5:59 AM

I fold most of my clothes and linens in thirds.

by Anonymousreply 365November 23, 2022 1:27 PM

Eating my earwax

by Anonymousreply 366November 23, 2022 3:33 PM

[quote]When I look up at a bright light I sneeze and I enjoy a good sneeze

R362 It's a common reaction to blue or gray eyes. Which are you?

by Anonymousreply 367November 23, 2022 4:54 PM

R367- There goes your theory. I have brown eyes

by Anonymousreply 368November 23, 2022 5:04 PM

R368 Thanks for straightening me out. Another bullshit theory bites the dust.

by Anonymousreply 369November 24, 2022 2:10 AM

I wipe my ass with my left hand and water. I do clean up with soap and water post. Legacy from living in a Muslim country.

by Anonymousreply 370November 24, 2022 2:27 AM

I like to read recipes when I’m eating by myself.

by Anonymousreply 371November 24, 2022 2:43 AM

I very often do a mental walk-through of the homes I grew up in, most of which I can remember in minute detail, or those of friends, and redesign & re-decorate them, add wings, move staircases to a better location, make a single story home a two story home, gut-renovate the kitchen and bath, add a pool, etc.

by Anonymousreply 372November 24, 2022 5:56 PM

When I'm home alone, I'll remember unkind things I've done, and then yell at myself.

by Anonymousreply 373November 26, 2022 8:56 PM

I eat like a barbarian when I'm alone, I slurp out of the bowl and eat everything with my fingers. I hunch over the counter or fridge with the plate and don't even sit down. I don't care because I'll wash my hands right after. I'd be very ashamed if anybody saw me doing this but to me silverware is just putting on airs.

by Anonymousreply 374November 26, 2022 9:56 PM

Oh how this thread makes me yearn for a new, "Freaks You Work With" thread.

by Anonymousreply 375November 26, 2022 9:58 PM

I plan my own funeral.

by Anonymousreply 376November 26, 2022 10:16 PM

R361, that's charming. Seriously. That is so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 377November 26, 2022 10:17 PM

When the elevator door closes, I say “bridge” in my best Patrick Steward voice.

by Anonymousreply 378November 26, 2022 10:21 PM

I kick my feet in a little paddling motion to help myself fall asleep, like as though I was digging a little hole in the mattress. It's relaxing.

by Anonymousreply 379November 26, 2022 11:18 PM

I like to use my fingernails to dig the stuff out from under my toenails and then sniff and lick them.

by Anonymousreply 380November 26, 2022 11:36 PM

I have a small pen collection that I rarely use, since I don’t write too often &stick to one pen for my crosswords. Every. Now & then I pull out my container of old pens & test them to see which ones no longer work. To do this, I take a sheet of paper & write the name of a fave pornstar with each one. If the pen conks out mid-name, I practice my signature on the right side of the paper. I always start with the same 3 stars: my namesake comes first (obvi), then Tom Farrell, then Reinaldo Medeiros. After that I pick whatever name comes to mind, but try to remember stars from the early ‘90s instead of current ones.

I always recycle the used paper & hope no one goes through my bin. One time an old receipt blew out & my nosy neighbor intercepted it, thank goodness it was just that & not my pornstar “list.”

by Anonymousreply 381February 14, 2023 11:32 PM

I put out food for Bigfoot.

by Anonymousreply 382February 16, 2023 9:47 AM

When I'm cooking, I'll pretend I'm on a cooking show and will speak out loud the ingredients I am using. When I pull the food from the oven and place it on the stove to cool, I imagine the audience is clapping and oohing. Sometimes, I'll say Ina Garten's catch phrase, "How easy is that?"

by Anonymousreply 383February 16, 2023 12:29 PM

Given the opportunity and if no one is watching, I like to jump into a pool with my clothes on.

I can't explain it, I get a rush when I do it.

by Anonymousreply 384February 16, 2023 11:21 PM

On a dare, I jumped into a pool wearing my dress shirt, tie, khakis and deck shoes.

I made sure I wasn't the only one. It's amazing what a lot of cajoling from a crowd can do. There must have been a dozen of us who took the plunge.

by Anonymousreply 385February 16, 2023 11:46 PM

Posting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 386February 17, 2023 2:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!