Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sunday Times: Meghan Markle ‘Screamed’ at Staff, Left Them ‘Broken’ and ‘Shaking’ With Fear, New Book Claims

Low writes that in 2017, six months before the couple were even engaged, she told an adviser of Harry’s, “I think we both know I’m going to be one of your bosses soon.”

After speaking to one individual “particularly harshly” in front of other staff Meghan, it is alleged, told the person, “Don’t worry. If there was literally anyone else I could ask to do this, I would be asking them instead of you.”

“Every ten minutes, I had to go outside to be screamed at by her and Harry. It was, ‘I can’t believe you’ve done this. You’ve let me down. What were you thinking?’ It went on for a couple of hours.” The staffer alleged the calls continued “for days,” adding, “You could not escape them. There were no lines or boundaries—it was last thing at night, first thing in the morning.”

Another source tells Low, “There were a lot of broken people. Young women were broken by their behavior.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 25, 2022 3:37 PM

First extract from the upcoming book by veteran Times reporter Valentine Low

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 23, 2022 8:35 PM

Archived version of the Times excerpt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 23, 2022 8:36 PM

Didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 3September 23, 2022 8:54 PM

^ I believe it did happen.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2022 8:55 PM

There's now an entire book written about it, r3.

If it didn't happen, let Meghan sue. I guarantee she won't. This book has been vetted with the lawyers within an inch of its life.

It clearly *did* happen.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2022 8:56 PM

"You've really let me down" is such a nasty way to make an underling feel like shite

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2022 8:58 PM

The Low book is going to be sensational. He's got on record the assistants who had to deal with the two entitled little tyrants. Biggest revelation: they were already negotiating with Oprah and Netflix well before they left the royal family. So another lie from their Oprah interview, Harry saying they left and had no idea what they were going to do. And they couldn't be filmed together for ITV's Tom Bradby because they'd already signed with Oprah they would only appear together for her interview. Lying fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2022 8:58 PM

From the Times: "Later, Prince William, who had heard of some of the treatment that she had been subjected to, came to find the woman. “I hope you’re OK,” he told her. “You’re doing a really good job.” She promptly burst into tears.

My guess is this was Samantha Cohen, the Queen's own longtime advisor who she had assigned to Meghan to ensure Meghan had the best guidance available.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2022 8:58 PM

Cohen's obviously a major source for the book. Revenge time! I'm thinking now the Queen's dead, Charles has no compunction about letting all the truth out.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2022 9:00 PM

Delicious! I thought we’d have a lull after the funeral and her reputation might be burnished a bit because she managed not to misbehave (in public anyway) at the funeral.

I know it will drive the DLers who hate royal threads nuts, but this is true DL catnip!!!

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2022 9:03 PM

The book is apparently titled, "Cuntzilla" with a forward by Shelley Winters ghost.

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2022 9:04 PM

[quote]“She was saying, ‘If you don’t put out a statement confirming I’m your girlfriend, I’m going to break up with you.’ ”

She's got chutzpah, you have to give her that!

by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2022 9:04 PM

She wanted those FREEBIES and no palace UNDERLING was going to stand in her WAY!!!!

"Palace sources have said that the clashes between Meghan and Touabti centred on the free gifts that some companies would send to Meghan. Deliveries were constantly arriving at Kensington Palace. “Clothes, jewellery, candles… It was absolutely nonstop,” said a source. Touabti was apparently punctilious in following the household rule that members of the royal family cannot accept freebies from commercial organisations. Her approach did not go down well with Meghan."

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2022 9:06 PM

R12 IF that is true, there's the perfect reason to break it off!

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2022 9:07 PM

was the staff so "like literally shaking...." felt compelled to delete their harry fan pages on tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2022 9:07 PM

[quote]She told Harry’s staff: “I know how the palace works. I know how this is going to play out. You don’t care about the girlfriend.”

But I thought she didn't know anything about the royal family before she met Harry?

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2022 9:08 PM

"Compounding Harry’s frustration was a long-held fear that his time was running out and that once Prince George turned 18 he would become irrelevant."

He was already irrelevant. Everyone knew it but him.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2022 9:08 PM

This is astonishing. Who will ever work with these two again? They better start downsizing.

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2022 9:10 PM

If these rumors are true I'd be surprised if not even one staff member finally lost it and told her to FUCK OFF before throwing their pinny in her face and exiting "By the way, we take turns farting on your avocado toast!"

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2022 9:10 PM

They'll never divorce. Harry feels like a literal white knight defending his biracial princess against all the racist lies. It's exactly what he needed: a woman to save, a purpose greater than King, and the self-soothing illusion that he's not a privileged asshole like Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2022 9:10 PM

Harry is missing critical brain cells

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2022 9:12 PM

Can you hear the DL Megstan's heads exploding?

Can you hear the anguished wails from Montecito?

Can they see that once more, maybe (Please God!) for the last time, they've shit the bed?

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2022 9:14 PM

I agree with all of that, r20, except the idea that they'll never divorce. They will, when Meghan decides she can do better without Harry.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2022 9:14 PM

She wanted Money, Money, Money:

"Although she enjoyed the attention, Meghan failed to understand the point of all those walkabouts, shaking hands with countless strangers. According to several members of staff, she was heard to say on at least one occasion, “I can’t believe I’m not getting paid for this.”

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2022 9:17 PM

[Quote]She told Harry’s staff: “I know how the palace works. I know how this is going to play out. You don’t care about the girlfriend

Meghan has a really paranoid way of looking at the world. Like everyone is playing a game and trying to outsmart her and she always has to be on high alert and not get "got". Who tells their soon-to-be employees the above and thinks thats how to get results out of a team. What a weird person she is.

by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote] Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, authors of Finding Freedom, said “Americans can be much more direct, and that often doesn’t sit well in the much more refined institution of the monarchy.”

Americans might be "more direct" but we're not all flaming assholes.

I think most people can relate to having had a terrible boss at least once. This looks really bad.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2022 9:17 PM

B...b...b....b....bb...but Meghan is a champion of women's rights! This can't be true, Meghan is at the coalface of defending women exploited, marginalised and abused by a patriarchal society!

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2022 9:18 PM

R23 Or if she gets an inkling that Harry might be gearing up his courage to leave HER à la Amber Heard. She knows Harry could actually get major support to leave (like Johnny had), so she'd have to strike first to keep control of the narrative. Harry's a POS but I would love if he pulled a Katie Holmes on her.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2022 9:19 PM

This is now the 7th book in the last three years that has painted Meghan as a crazy, fame obsessed, fortune digging, bitch. I think we can stop referring to these things as "rumours." It's never been about racism, it's the fact that Meghan is a cunt. If you still think she's some poor victim, you're an idiot and more stupid than Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 29September 23, 2022 9:19 PM

I wonder if the women assistants she tortured were good looking? She's the type of jealous woman who can't stand having an attractive women anywhere around her which is why her only friends appeared to be real dogs like Jessica Mulroney.

by Anonymousreply 30September 23, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote] Can you hear the DL Megstan's heads exploding?

They’re not exploding, they’re denying.

They’re going to deny every page of that entire book.

by Anonymousreply 31September 23, 2022 9:21 PM

Humiliation tactics of berating one staffer in front of others were liberally employed by Meghan & Harry:

"Sam had been screamed at before the flight and during.” After that, she warned other staff to stay away from Harry and Meghan for the rest of the day. That evening, her colleagues tried to arrange matters so that she did not have to see Harry and Meghan any more than was strictly necessary. “It was so horrible to see yesterday,” one said the next day.

by Anonymousreply 32September 23, 2022 9:22 PM

She has a large enough following for her to take all the attacks as a fuel for female martyrdom in the racist royal family. She can cash in on this as well. Kinda like how Trump supporters love when their leader still pushes on.

by Anonymousreply 33September 23, 2022 9:22 PM

I posted this in the REVENGE thread; might as well add it here.

Wow, the first excerpts of Courtiers goes absolutely nuclear on the Harkles. The level of damning and convergent detail from multiple sources is a pile the couple may not be able to dig themselves out from. Posters on the previous thread suggested that he had access to the independent report from the investigation into the bullying incidents. Maybe, but the Palace was emphatic about not releasing them. Instead I think they quietly released former and present staff from their NDAs.

I'm pretty sure the couple's lawyers received an advance copy. Low did this with his first article about the bullying and there was no response (besides Afria, Markle's lawyer, who said "It's not the Meghan I know") and, more importantly, no litigation. No response or threat to sue like the last time? Seems like Low and Bower may be bullet proof at this point.

This first glimpse into Low's book explains the content and timing of Tyler Perry's ridiculous, out-of-the-blue "Meghan and Harry are the epitome of LOVE!" statement. That was a weak sauce preemptive strike. But what have they got left?

by Anonymousreply 34September 23, 2022 9:22 PM

[Quote]six months before the couple were engaged, she told one of Harry’s advisers: “I think we both know I’m going to be one of your bosses soon.”

Cunt. And a dumb one, too. She plays checkers while the rest play chess.

by Anonymousreply 35September 23, 2022 9:23 PM

Are we talking about the same "staff" who had Diana killed in a Paris tunnel?

Poor little snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 36September 23, 2022 9:24 PM

Lainey said Meghan and Harry are starting a new chapter while the BRF remains stagnant.

That's the funniest shit I've ever heard. Charles is becoming king, it's a new age of monarchy, Will and Kate have become the Prince and Princess of Wales and are moving into Windsor Castle and greater roles but sure Jan, the two people in the same old roles going back to their Better Up commercials and home office podcast are the ones who are moving forward.

Everything they put out is projection, providing an interesting window into how they really feel.

by Anonymousreply 37September 23, 2022 9:24 PM

R34, that Perry message immediately made me think it was designed to head off speculation of trouble in paradise.

But shouldn’t they be having their employees make statements about what great bosses they are, and how wonderful it is to work for them?

by Anonymousreply 38September 23, 2022 9:26 PM

From this book it's obvious Harry is also an absolute cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote] Are we talking about the same "staff" who had Diana killed in a Paris tunnel?

Oh, was there someone who forced Diana from getting into a car with a drunk driver? And another who physically prevented her from fastening her seatbelt? Was it the same person who did all that, or was there a team of them?

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2022 9:28 PM

Low basically confirms that the Cambridges jettisoned the Sussexes when they heard of all the staff abuse:

"The bullying allegations, meanwhile, accelerated a major shake-up at Kensington Palace, with Harry and Meghan splitting their household from William and Kate’s."

by Anonymousreply 41September 23, 2022 9:28 PM

How did they both end up so low class

by Anonymousreply 42September 23, 2022 9:28 PM

Yes, this appears to be the first book to call out Harry just as much as it does MM.

by Anonymousreply 43September 23, 2022 9:32 PM

This is the good stuff - pure, true, great gossip, not the delusional nonsense that the freaks and weirdos who fetishize their hatred of Meghan make up (divorces, fake babies, hidden cameras, etc). And as someone above said, this isn’t a story about Meghan the villain ruining poor innocent Harry - they are both selfish, self-involved assholes.

I agree that the Palace made moves behind the scenes (like ending NDAs) to get this out. The issue for the Palace is, Meghan and Harry still haven’t given up all their dirt yet. If the leaks continue from both sides, more and more is going to emerge. It doesn’t seem like anyone involved is inclined to stop the flow of leaks, so it’s going to be mutually assured destruction.

by Anonymousreply 44September 23, 2022 9:34 PM

I think Charles' comment about the Duke and Duchess of Overseas was not intended as a peace gesture.

by Anonymousreply 45September 23, 2022 9:36 PM

[QUOTE]I wonder if the women assistants she tortured were good looking?

It sounds like she was across the board vile. Samantha Cohen, who had been the Queen's personal secretary, is middle-aged, as is Sara Latham. I can't speak to their attractiveness, but they are accomplished, highly professionals. Meghan is threatened and envious as a starting point, so she habitually, stupidly demeans as a way to make herself feel better and mark her territory.

It sounds like the only people she won't shit on are people in positions of higher authority or status. She was a nobody when she met Jessica Mulroney, a big fish in the Toronto pond. She could do stuff for Meghan until she couldn't and got discarded. She doesn't seem to be as awful with men, but Jason Knauf was getting concerned that he would become a target despite having carried her water for over a year.

by Anonymousreply 46September 23, 2022 9:36 PM

And an afterword by Princess Charlotte of Wales R11.

by Anonymousreply 47September 23, 2022 9:37 PM

Low confirms that "Megxit" had not only been secretly in the works during the summer of 2019, but that by August 2019, the Harkles had stopped arranging any future engagements after their upcoming tour. In other words, they lied to Oprah, after having lied to the family and to all these many staff members who were working so hard to please them:

"By August 2019, things were “awful and tense” within the Sussex household. There were also clues that Harry and Meghan did not see their long-term future as working members of the royal family. Their Africa tour was coming up, but there was nothing in the diary after that. Meanwhile, staff were increasingly aware of the presence in the background of Meghan’s business manager, Andrew Meyer, and her lawyer, Rick Genow, as well as her agent, Nick Collins, and Keleigh Thomas Morgan of Sunshine Sachs. The US team had been very busy, working on deals not only with Netflix but also a deal for Harry’s mental health series for Apple+ with Oprah Winfrey and Meghan’s voiceover for a Disney film about elephants."

by Anonymousreply 48September 23, 2022 9:38 PM

[quote]Harry is missing critical brain cells.

He’s also missing his balls, R21.

by Anonymousreply 49September 23, 2022 9:39 PM

Oh dear Auntie Meg, quite the amateur aren't you!

Watch this space bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 23, 2022 9:43 PM

I hope Kate sends this text to Meghan: “I think we both know that I’ll be your boss soon.”

by Anonymousreply 51September 23, 2022 9:43 PM

[quote]It sounds like she was across the board vile.

Sounds like they mistreated the men who worked for them, too.

It's interesting that Meg had a small role in "Horrible Bosses," then went on to star in the real-life sequel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 23, 2022 9:43 PM

This is so much worse than I thought, and I already thought it seemed to be pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 53September 23, 2022 9:47 PM

Ooh, they lied to Oprah? There’s gonna be trouble!

by Anonymousreply 54September 23, 2022 9:49 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, she wasn’t dealing with the more junior staff, even people whom William and Kate – and Harry, before Meghan came along – had been quite happy to engage with. It seemed that she wanted respect and having to talk to someone a bit further down the pecking order – in a small office, where there wasn’t much of a pecking order – wasn’t treating her with respect. “She would take it as an insult,” believes one source.

The motto of the entitled asshole: "Don't you people know who I am?"

by Anonymousreply 55September 23, 2022 9:49 PM

George, I don't think we'll be seeing funny little Archie or dear little Lilibet for some time to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 23, 2022 9:50 PM

I don't understand anyone who takes either side. They are all spoiled selfish misfits and the world wouldn't miss anything if each and every one was sent to oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 57September 23, 2022 9:50 PM

We all know she's a despicable cunt. Poor Harry. He's got himself in a right pickle. I feel sorry for him. His future looks bleak.

by Anonymousreply 58September 23, 2022 9:53 PM

I doubt a lot of this happened but the Meghan haters will latch onto it. But why won't these abused staff members come forward though? I mean IDENTIFY yourselves. You'll have the support of the racist British public behind you, King Charlie will give you a raise, and the Sussexes are all the way in California. Are you afraid of being sued? I mean if you're telling the truth you shouldn't fear anything, it's your word against theirs. Or were you paid by this man writing the tell all book, knowing that Meghan haters will lap up all the shit?

by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2022 9:54 PM

^^boo fuckin hoo. 100% his own fault as he's an equally despicable cunt

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2022 9:56 PM

PAY ME!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2022 9:57 PM

And "the nobody cared about us or asked if we were OK or got Meghan help" narrative is crumbling. It was offered and rejected because it wouldn't fit into their escape strategy and what they were planning to tell Oprah about Meghan's alleged suicidal ideation and the palaces refusal to help. This paragraph is just so plainly indicative of how Harry as lost his gonads. He scurries to her with an idea, in effect asking permission, and constructive ideas get shot down. This isn't Stockholm Harry. It's eunuch Harry.

[QUOTE]William, back home after the Pakistan tour, appears to have been taken aback at such a stark portrayal of his brother and sister-in-law’s unhappiness. He realised they were in crisis. The day after the documentary aired, William whatsapped his brother to ask if he could come and see him. This put Harry and Meghan into a spin. What should they do? Initially, Harry was in favour. Then he spoke to his brother again and asked him who he would tell. William explained that he would have to clear his schedule, which would mean telling his private secretary. At that point, Harry said don’t come. He was so concerned that William’s team would leak the visit to the press that he would rather they did not come than risk it getting into the papers. It highlighted once again the dysfunction at the heart of so many royal relationships and that members of the royal family so rarely pick up the phone and speak to each other directly.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote] But why won't these abused staff members come forward though?

Because they work in an industry that depends on discretion and working behind-the-scenes for high-profile people. You will never see Sam Cohen dishing on working for the Queen or Sara Latham on working for Hillary Clinton, even if they said only positive things. It says to future employers that they can’t be trusted. The same is likely even more true of the younger, more junior staffers who are still trying to move up.

by Anonymousreply 63September 23, 2022 9:58 PM

Fuck these assholes. Charles should boot them from the Firm. If he doesn't they'll just be more trouble. And in the States people are already fed up with their lecturing and privilege hawking. Fuck these douche bags

by Anonymousreply 64September 23, 2022 9:58 PM

Only an idiot comes into a new and unknown environment and doesn't lay low a few years to get a handle on things.

But no, Megsy Baby (as Lady Colin refers to her) sought her own team to achieve her own goals immediately upon marriage.

At least this book places equal blame on Harry who clearly bolstered MM's paranoia and distrust of everyone around them and their grand sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 65September 23, 2022 9:58 PM

R59, a number of the staffers are identified by name by Low. They could be sued. Low could be sued. Bower could be sued.

But we all know that won’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 66September 23, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote] Poor Harry.

Oh please, he’s just as much of a shithead, it’s his own family he’s turned on.

by Anonymousreply 67September 23, 2022 9:59 PM

Very damaging to Harry and Meghan. I read the text from the link and it was only few pages. Entire book full of same kind of information will damage their image for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 68September 23, 2022 10:01 PM

Meghan is just a two-bit Hollywood whore acting like a two-bit Hollywood whore.

Harry was raised to know better. As appalling as her behaviour is, his behaviour was worse.

by Anonymousreply 69September 23, 2022 10:02 PM

She gets married into a wealthy and famous family who’s sole job is to vacation and meet people, and then expects to be paid more money? Get the fuck outta here!

by Anonymousreply 70September 23, 2022 10:05 PM

Book published by royal reporter (lol!!!) in the UK (!!!) says Meghan Markle is the Devil.

In other news, Hitler says Jews bad, and PMBT likes Tom Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 71September 23, 2022 10:05 PM

I said that I didn’t know how famous Harry was in the US, R16.

Please try to keep my lies straight!

by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2022 10:06 PM

Where is this royal reporter with the book about Prince Andrew raping sex slaves, by the way???

by Anonymousreply 73September 23, 2022 10:07 PM

Valentine Low is not a Royal Reporter, r71. He's a (quite famous) investigative and political reporter for the Times.

by Anonymousreply 74September 23, 2022 10:08 PM

Get your priorities in order, r73!!! She’s not white, and she’s … AMERICAN!!!

by Anonymousreply 75September 23, 2022 10:08 PM

I do think some of the direct quotes from Meghan in the piece were supposed to be jokes (“I can’t believe I’m not getting paid for this”) but there is such an edge to comments, a general lack of humor, that’s it’s not a surprise they didn’t go over well. And if you’re otherwise alienating everyone, saying things like that in front of the staff is just asking for a bad leak.

by Anonymousreply 76September 23, 2022 10:08 PM

R71 Sophie Wessex worked in PR. If this was all media driven/BRF driven narratives, she'd know it. The fact that she sends Meghan death glares tells me all I need to know.

by Anonymousreply 77September 23, 2022 10:09 PM

“A book by the royal reporter of the London Times”

by Anonymousreply 78September 23, 2022 10:10 PM

Will that be the Sewage Squad's next defense -- everybody agrees that Haz and Mopey are cunts...so it can't be true... Sounds legit -

by Anonymousreply 79September 23, 2022 10:10 PM

And the never-ending mental illness rolled ever forward

by Anonymousreply 80September 23, 2022 10:11 PM

Great. More fanfiction for the klan grannies

by Anonymousreply 81September 23, 2022 10:11 PM

Aren't most actresses a diva? I believe what I've read about MM's behavior to to helpers. Remember the very recent walkabout of Prince Willaim and Princess Catherine with the Harkles? Remember how she suddenly turned on an assistant and was obviously short-tempered and rude to him? That's just more proof.

by Anonymousreply 82September 23, 2022 10:11 PM

Suck it, R81. Suck it hard.

by Anonymousreply 83September 23, 2022 10:12 PM

If you seek the leak, bow down first, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 23, 2022 10:12 PM

The genre of reporter is irrelevant, kiddos. All that matters is the sourcing and the details. Is it true or very likely true? YES.

by Anonymousreply 85September 23, 2022 10:14 PM

Sophie worked in PR the same way a lot of young women do while waiting around for a ring. She fell for the Fake Sheik. I wouldn’t cite her as any example of savvy.

by Anonymousreply 86September 23, 2022 10:14 PM

This does seem really bad.

Look the vulgar no hope don't counts that make up her pathetic constituency can't afford to change what amounts to their minds.

But nobody else will be indifferent to this. They may not have a passionate dislike for them, but it cements the disdain of everybody with a brain.

This book is much more damaging than Bowers, which had a slightly peevish, personal tone to it. This is pretty clinical and measured it tone. It's... they don't have the brains to figure out how to come back from this. They're ruined.

by Anonymousreply 87September 23, 2022 10:14 PM

R73, Andrew being a perv does not excuse the fact that the overseas duchess is a cunt.

Both thing can and are true.

by Anonymousreply 88September 23, 2022 10:15 PM

R82 that wasn't any old assistant Sparkles yelled at, R81, that was Will's new communications guy.

by Anonymousreply 89September 23, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote] This book is much more damaging than Bowers, which had a slightly peevish, personal tone to it.

Agreed, this is actual gossip, *not* Klan Granny fanfiction about how they’re about to get divorced, Meghan has back fat, and they’re throwing crockery at the wall.

[quote] They're ruined.

No, they’ve got a multi-book deal. What’s ruined is the false idea that anyone involved in the royal family is going to emerge unscathed, or is any kind of good person.

by Anonymousreply 90September 23, 2022 10:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 23, 2022 10:19 PM

R90, “both sides,” eh?

by Anonymousreply 92September 23, 2022 10:20 PM

[quote] We all know she's a despicable cunt. Poor Harry. He's got himself in a right pickle. I feel sorry for him. His future looks bleak.

Did you read the article? IMO, it's clear that Harry brought a lot of the same type of bitchy baggage to the relationship. It's not all Meghan's fault.

[quote] The book is apparently titled, "Cuntzilla" with a forward by Shelley Winters ghost.

It's a "foreword."

by Anonymousreply 93September 23, 2022 10:23 PM

Why do we need a book on Andrew? We all know he had sex with trafficked women with Epstein. He’s a perv and a dick. The book would be 2 pages long. MM and H have done a number of terrible things unknown to the public, that’s why there is a book.

by Anonymousreply 94September 23, 2022 10:24 PM

I don’t think the female angle matters as much as her being bi racial. Any time a POC is being criticized, rightly or unjustly, the unhinged scream “racism”. Same with the “klan granny” shrieker on here.

by Anonymousreply 95September 23, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote] “both sides,” eh?

It’s more than both, there are at least 5 different camps with sometimes-diverging, sometimes-outright-hostile interests, all of them are self-obsessed and paranoid about their press, and they’re all related! Which is why royal family gossip is the greatest, if people don’t attempt to shape it into a heroes vs villains children’s story.

by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2022 10:27 PM

I think back fat transcends race. That just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 97September 23, 2022 10:29 PM

[QUOTE]Only an idiot comes into a new and unknown environment and doesn't lay low a few years to get a handle on things.

She knows so much better than anyone, she wouldn't even take Michelle Obama's advice: "My biggest advice would be to take some time and don’t be in a hurry to do anything,”

by Anonymousreply 98September 23, 2022 10:31 PM

R81, is this you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 23, 2022 10:32 PM

Valentine Low came to finish what Tom Bower started.

It's finally the beginning of the end for this abusive, greedy couple.

I can't see how their "Be Kind" brand survives these multiple recent exposures of their atrocious, abusive, arrogantly belittling and greedy behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 100September 23, 2022 10:33 PM

Interesting to note than even Yahoo News, which has up to now protected the Harkles by banning comments below any negative stories about them, has now allowed comments below the story on these revelations - and they're already up to 1.1 thousand comments even though the story is only hours old.

Indicating the gloves may be coming off even in the ultra-obsequious US media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2022 10:39 PM

People with low IQs sure do love this stuff. Muriel needs to get rid of all this hateful racist nonsense. That’s what it all is after all.

by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2022 10:41 PM

Great insight into the games they play.

There’s no doubt she set this up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 23, 2022 10:45 PM

You either make me famous or this isn't worth my time, Harry. NOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 23, 2022 10:45 PM

For the life of me I just don't get why any of you care. It is probably some sort of mental illness since I don't share that mental illness I will be blocking this thread. I would bet even QE2 yelled at staff at a few points.

by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2022 10:48 PM

Spot the difference.

No wonder the Cambridges wanted to be as far from the Sussexes as possible. The Cambridges are the sort of people who actually say 'thank you' to their staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2022 10:49 PM

Have we discussed that the Duke and Duchess of Windsor are buried at…..Frogmore?!

A DLer recommended “The Last if the Duchess” by Caroline Blackwood. I’m reading it now and it’s one of the most fun books ever! The author tried to see the Duchess of Windsor shortly before she died but was prevented from doing so by the Duchess’ attorney, a crazy old bat obsessed with the Duchess—the French Version of Mrs. Danvers. I have laughed out loud on almost every page. It’s a hoot!

I’ve never known much about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor beyond the facts most royal watchers know. This book digs in and—my God—does H/M’s relationship mirror theirs. The Duke was completely obsessed with Wallis until he died. It’s spooky how similar Harry is to his great uncle.

Wallis treated Edward with the same type of abusive maternal control as Meghan does. The one difference is that Wallis was well read and cultured and by all accounts a loyal friend and amusing company. Meghan is obviously none of those things.

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2022 10:52 PM

[quote] Wallis was well read and cultured and by all accounts a loyal friend and amusing company

Maybe to Nazi sympathizers or Klan members, but otherwise not so much - she was famously awful.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2022 10:54 PM

I expect a lot of these stories about Meg bullying the palace staff to hit the press.

Loads of staffers have just been rendered surplus to requirements and need money, negative stories about Harry and Meg are how right now, and Charles and Will aren't in a mood to protect him after the the last two weeks. You do the math.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2022 10:55 PM

R109 Could you imagine, people smearing others in interviews for cash? It's so Markle of them!

by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2022 10:57 PM

Hopefully we get to see video or hear recordings of Meghan's meltdowns. Fingers crossed that Netflix cares more about profits than the Sussex image and that their reality show delivers the goods.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2022 11:00 PM

Also, r109, because the Queen is now gone, so there is no more incentive to try to keep the stories out of the press to spare her fragile health.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2022 11:00 PM

Gloves coming OFF!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2022 11:04 PM

Do we think SS quit bc they had seen an advance copy of this book - sent to her lawyers naturally - and were like F*** this, we're out?

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2022 11:05 PM

Her comment "I can't believe I'm not getting paid for this" right after TQ's legendary life of service was memorialized... yeah, I totally get why SS dumped her and why she and Harry looked so defeated.

by Anonymousreply 115September 23, 2022 11:06 PM

R113 holy moly! I’d never heard that bit about Kate and the Queen warning Harry about Meghan. Gosh, this is fun!

by Anonymousreply 116September 23, 2022 11:12 PM

This is a really, really bad time for them to be suddenly abandoned by their longtime PR....

by Anonymousreply 117September 23, 2022 11:13 PM

"Also, [R109], because the Queen is now gone, so there is no more incentive to try to keep the stories out of the press to spare her fragile health."

And Charles and Will are not in a mood to protect him from the consequences of his actions. They aren't going to squash any stores that are both negative and true.

by Anonymousreply 118September 23, 2022 11:14 PM

Flying crockery on the menu at Harkle Palace tonight.

by Anonymousreply 119September 23, 2022 11:15 PM

R116 holy moly! I’d never heard that bit about Kate and the Queen warning Harry about Meghan. Gosh, this is fun! where was that?

by Anonymousreply 120September 23, 2022 11:17 PM

R108 I’m R107. Yes, the Duchess of Windsor was horrible and a Nazi sympathizer—though not with the intensity of the Duke who slathered over the prospect that Hitler would return him to the throne.

So, Meghan has an advantage there—she’s not pro-Hitler.

Apart from that, the similarities in dynamics between the couples are stunning.

by Anonymousreply 121September 23, 2022 11:17 PM

[quote]I will be blocking this thread.

This is not an airport R105. No need to announce your departure. Buh-bye.

by Anonymousreply 122September 23, 2022 11:18 PM

This is just like Mandela!

by Anonymousreply 123September 23, 2022 11:20 PM

I think you're onto something, r114. Like Low's first article about the bullying, guaranteed this was sent to the lawyers who'd pass it along to those who have to deal with fallout. How can a book like this be surmountable in PR terms, especially with an entrenched client who thinks she knows more than the professionals? (after all she told palace courtiers she knew exactly how the joint was run upon arrival). I assume it just all got to the point that their image as effective PR managers was being damaged because the Harkles reputation keeps getting a beating, probably despite SS best efforts at advice and guidance.

Notice they haven't announced a new PR agency when they need it the most? Wonder why? Reputation as different, non-payment? Or maybe going from a top agency to a lesser one is too embarrassing to announce?

by Anonymousreply 124September 23, 2022 11:21 PM

From Twitter @BarkJack_ CRISIS RESPONSE - In response to Valentine Low book MM 'camp' will say "aggressive, assertive, no-nonsense, strict, sarcastic, terse" tone was "not bullying". In the past, MM lawyer Jenny Afia has said M behaviour was 'interpreted as bullying' but not 'intentional'.

by Anonymousreply 125September 23, 2022 11:21 PM

Uppity Negress OCC Tory Haturbation Thread #18,297,399a

by Anonymousreply 126September 23, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote] Do we think SS quit bc they had seen an advance copy of this book - sent to her lawyers naturally - and were like F*** this, we're out?

That could be part of it. Part could be that Meghan didn’t listen or obey, and went rogue behind their backs. It could be that she owed them $2 million dollars and was six months behind in paying, and they didn’t want that to happen again (imagine floating a royal $2million!). It might be that she abused staff at SS and they were tired of replacing support staff.

Or they could still be working with SS.

by Anonymousreply 127September 23, 2022 11:25 PM

The Palace is going to quietly encourage the leaks of bad stories about Meg and Harry. Partly, it's personal, and partly, it's a pre-emptive strike against Harry's book.

The book is due next year, which gives the Palace plenty of time to destroy Harry and Meg's credibility. And believe me, they're enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 128September 23, 2022 11:28 PM

I just worry about their two kids. Otherwise, I wish these two disgraces would just disappear.

by Anonymousreply 129September 23, 2022 11:28 PM

Based on her abuse of palace staff, can you imagine her treatment of PR staff that she pays out of her own pocket?! Hoping Sunshine Sachs’ staff starts talking.

by Anonymousreply 130September 23, 2022 11:29 PM

Poor R126... that's all you've got now isn't it? No more credibility than your false idol. Poor booby.

by Anonymousreply 131September 23, 2022 11:30 PM

^Reputation for being DIFFICULT not different at r124.

by Anonymousreply 132September 23, 2022 11:31 PM

Maybe the staff needed to be screamed at.

by Anonymousreply 133September 23, 2022 11:38 PM

If she did scream, it was probably at the little homosexual boy R133

by Anonymousreply 134September 23, 2022 11:44 PM

[QUOTE]It could be that she owed them $2 million dollars and was six months behind in paying, and they didn’t want that to happen again (imagine floating a royal $2million!).

Is there a link for this? If she hasn't paid in six months, you have to wonder if it's a cash flow problem or if she's withholding payment because she's dissatisfied with the results (or a combo) That would take some chutzpah because she doesn't listen to sound advice and thinks she knows better.

by Anonymousreply 135September 23, 2022 11:49 PM

Oh, dear so many leaks coming from all directions now.

The evening at Balmoral after HM died raging Harry refused to dine with Charles, William et al. Raging because he was prohibited from bringing MM.

by Anonymousreply 136September 23, 2022 11:49 PM

Hi, Meghan at r133!

by Anonymousreply 137September 23, 2022 11:52 PM

R133 was my laugh for the night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 23, 2022 11:52 PM

Evidently, while the Queen was alive, all this was suppressed not to upset her. It's gonna be gangbusters from now on!

by Anonymousreply 139September 23, 2022 11:52 PM

Your lips to God's ear, r139

by Anonymousreply 140September 23, 2022 11:55 PM

The new Tory government headed by Liz Truss (a woman). The 3 most important cabinet roles are Chancellor (a black man of recent African descent), Home Secretary (an Indian woman) and Foreign Secretary (a black man). Oops. Looking difficult for Markle to lecture Brits on women not getting advancement and Brits being racists.

by Anonymousreply 141September 23, 2022 11:58 PM

It’s very unlikely their PR firm quit because a scandal was brewing - that’s how they make money! It’s much more likely Harry or Meghan fired the PR firm because they (incorrectly) blamed them for failing to stop the tidal wave of tell-all books or because The Cut interview strategy didn’t work out the way they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 142September 23, 2022 11:58 PM

Just what every family needs a few hours after the death of a loved one: a raging spoiled cunt roaming around the house.

by Anonymousreply 143September 23, 2022 11:58 PM

I'd get to t5he bottom of this, if I were you. You've got some nice silver you'd like to keep.

by Anonymousreply 144September 24, 2022 12:03 AM

And of course if there ARE any lawsuits, the Palace can ever so reluctantly release that detailed report on the bullying of the palace staff that was written last year, the one that was not released to the public.

I wonder if they knew about the "Courtiers" book before they started compiling the report?

by Anonymousreply 145September 24, 2022 12:08 AM

And to add to all the drama, now Meghan's hired "bot inspector" Christopher Bouzy is being sued by an online commentariat lawyer who was covering Amber Heard, who also hired Bouzy.

This lawyer [a former NY Cop turned lawyer called @NateTheLawyer on twitter] has apparently declared he is suing, and so has now been contacted by Markle critics who have been deplatformed/defamed by Bouzy. I have no idea how serious this is or is not, but it's rather funny that it's ALL happening this week.

When it rains, it pours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 24, 2022 12:09 AM

Over on Twitter all they've got is "why won't the media leave them alone?!"

Soon to be: "why won't the media leave them the Mandel alone?!"

by Anonymousreply 147September 24, 2022 12:14 AM

Bouzy's a con artist. He started a Bot Sentinel thing which doesn't actually work. In fact he works for Hollywood publicists, trying to control the narrative on Twitter claiming anybody who criticizes his clients (Amber Heard and Meghan Markle) is a bot.

by Anonymousreply 148September 24, 2022 12:17 AM

I believe it simply because she went through multiple assistants (or whatever they’re called), and some of them has been there a long time before she showed up.

by Anonymousreply 149September 24, 2022 12:19 AM

The Sussexes lost 13 Palace staff in under one year. That we KNOW of...

by Anonymousreply 150September 24, 2022 12:22 AM

R145 brilliant!! The Palace knows what they’re doing! The are holding those reports in reserve until they’re “forced” to reveal them.

by Anonymousreply 151September 24, 2022 12:23 AM

[quote]The UK is the ultimate toxic echo chamber

Or, R71, an established Times reporter, known for being legally thorough, is telling the truth. The Sussexes are wildly litigious. There is no credible possibility other than Low telling the plain truth if they don't sue over this. Which they won't, just as they did not with Bower's book.

The entirety of Twitter and swathes of the self-described "woke" reveal themselves to be empty-headed virtue signalers, willing to throw their so-called morals right out the window the second it looks like one of their own has engaged in behavior they pretend to loathe.

by Anonymousreply 152September 24, 2022 12:30 AM

Wonder what the turnover is at their Montecito Palace? Meghan probably has undocumented workers chained up in the basement.

by Anonymousreply 153September 24, 2022 12:31 AM

This is how so many of these threads go - starting with interesting, accurate, juicy gossip, and then devolving into manufactured lunacy, rumors and stories made up by half-wits, tirades about “woke” people, etc.

by Anonymousreply 154September 24, 2022 12:35 AM

Interesting to cross-reference between this latest excerpt and the Bower account. It's obviously true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 24, 2022 12:43 AM

Good God, the woman is a malignant narcissist in the Trump mode

by Anonymousreply 156September 24, 2022 12:48 AM

I get the fans. A WOC would've been a wonderful thing for the BRF. A role model, diversity, inclusion. Unfortunately membership into the family wasn't based on merit and character but what Harry's penis wanted. That's the difference between Meghan and most trailblazers of color--they had to work their asses off the hard way and she just had to lay back and think of (exploiting) England.

by Anonymousreply 157September 24, 2022 12:49 AM

She is getting a free pass because of her race. If she was purely white she would have been called out for her cuntish behavior on Twitter already.

by Anonymousreply 158September 24, 2022 12:58 AM

I’m so disappointed in them. I was on their side - like, I really felt bad for them at first. They moved to my Canadian neighbourhood when they first left Britain, and they were wonderful neighbours that winter. People here fiercely respected their privacy, were protective of them, and our interactions were always positive. I resisted thinking the worst for so long.

However, everything they’ve done and every move they’ve made since then has been the stupidest, most tone-deaf thing imaginable. I’ve come round to thinking, reluctantly, that Meghan is a histrionic fantasist and Harry is just [italic]dim[/italic]. :/

by Anonymousreply 159September 24, 2022 1:05 AM

I can just hear a lot of the staffers once Harry brought Meghan into the Palace. The Brits are still one of the most racist people on the planet. I'll bet those snippy snots got together all the time when they were sure neither Harry or Meghan were around and talked about having to serve that trashy Hollywood gollywog, or worse. You know damn well it happened. Truth be known Meghan saw right quick that they all hated her and decided she wasn't going to sit back and let them mistreat her.

by Anonymousreply 160September 24, 2022 1:12 AM

Delusions, R160.

by Anonymousreply 161September 24, 2022 1:15 AM

FF r160 for using racist language and ignore.

by Anonymousreply 162September 24, 2022 1:16 AM

R160 - I highly doubt anyone thought of her as a “gollywog”. Get real - Britain isn’t like the U.S.

If anything, it was her American ways that the staff couldn’t get their heads round; that and her seeming lack of understanding about what exactly she was marrying into.

by Anonymousreply 163September 24, 2022 1:17 AM

Calling and bullying staff at all hours of the day and night is not an 'American' thing. It's simply being an asshole boss.

by Anonymousreply 164September 24, 2022 1:18 AM

[quote] Britain isn’t like the U.S.

You obviously have never been to Britain.

by Anonymousreply 165September 24, 2022 1:23 AM

😂😂R[56]!

by Anonymousreply 166September 24, 2022 1:24 AM

The thing about the staffer who was harassed every 10 minutes at dinner on Friday night and then continously for days on end is that there most definitely are receipts and they are contained in the 3rd party law firm's report. I'm certain a list of the calls, times, and duration are contained in the report's appendix. If that list leaks, Meg will come off as a psycho stalker.

by Anonymousreply 167September 24, 2022 1:28 AM

Well, I can't imagine being that high-profile and depending on substandard staff. The stakes are so high, everyone has to be on their A-game.

by Anonymousreply 168September 24, 2022 1:28 AM

Meghan knew this was coming out and her PR is working overtime. In the last 3 days articles from magazines owned by Conde Nast and the Hearst Corp. keep showing up on my Facebook extolling the virtues of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 169September 24, 2022 1:29 AM

^^Why are you reposting this? It's the third thread you've dropped it. WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME frau

by Anonymousreply 170September 24, 2022 1:33 AM

Bitch is out of control.

by Anonymousreply 171September 24, 2022 1:34 AM

Samatha Cohen worked with the Queen herself for 13 years, r168, was about to retire, and was asked by the Queen to help Meghan.

Hardly "substandard staff". Meghan had the best of the best,STILL fucked up so badly that it's now going into the history books, AND managed to abuse those who were trying to help her NOT fuck up so badly that her treatment of them is now going into the history books as well.

As royal fuckups go, that is fairly epic.

by Anonymousreply 172September 24, 2022 1:36 AM

The ironic thing about her racist claims is that naturally she is pale, if you look her face makeup is usually much darker than her complexion also she spray tans. She pretty much lived as a white girl her whole life, look at her friends and sorority.

by Anonymousreply 173September 24, 2022 1:38 AM

R152: imagine the winged Megkeys if you took the Low text and substituted Kate every time that reads Meghan. It would pack the emotional wallop for them of being promoted from fry cook to cash or if the governor commuted their sentence.

by Anonymousreply 174September 24, 2022 1:39 AM

"Well, I can't imagine being that high-profile and depending on substandard staff," Meghan mused referring to the dismissal of her previous PR provider, Sunshine Sachs, blaming the agency and their youthful, inexperienced team for her many tone deaf gaffes and plummeting popularity.

by Anonymousreply 175September 24, 2022 1:39 AM

Thanks to whoever is posting the excerpts

by Anonymousreply 176September 24, 2022 1:42 AM

It really bothered me to see Harry and Meghan acting sweet towards the Cambridge children all the while trying to destroy their family. Poor Charlotte got seated next to that evil woman.

by Anonymousreply 177September 24, 2022 1:50 AM

Here's the article (Daily Beast) without the paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178September 24, 2022 1:51 AM

You're welcome, r177

by Anonymousreply 179September 24, 2022 1:56 AM

Christopher Bouzy must be exhausted. Between posting idiotic tweets and seeking out people to these tweets likes, it’s no wonder.

Do the Harkles pay him by the word, or by the number of likes he gets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 24, 2022 2:08 AM

Au contraire, R165. I used to spend the summers there with my English parents, living with my English family. Britain has racism and xenophobia, but it’s of a different sort than the U.S., as there’s a different history and culture.

I think Meghan went in arrogantly thinking she could shake things up, but she doesn’t know how to play the long game.

by Anonymousreply 181September 24, 2022 2:14 AM

Nan used to call people like her..A Legend in her own mind.

by Anonymousreply 182September 24, 2022 2:16 AM

You are, very obviously, a liar, r181.

by Anonymousreply 183September 24, 2022 2:30 AM

Wow, R183. Really?? I mean, okay…?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 24, 2022 2:38 AM

^My birth certificate was lying around. Shall I dig out my British passport, too?

What a strange thing to get hung up on. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 185September 24, 2022 2:44 AM

How exactly was this very experienced staff not meeting Meghan's standards or requirements?

by Anonymousreply 186September 24, 2022 2:49 AM

Meghan had never had "staff" in her life. If she had a cleaning lady who dropped by once a week, she was lucky. She was a nobody. Suddenly she has standards for how her "staff" should perform? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 187September 24, 2022 2:54 AM

Meghan was a struggling actress, who always has mean girl tendencies. Once she had power over people, she went nuts.

by Anonymousreply 188September 24, 2022 2:56 AM

This one is my favorite and I believe this one 100%

[quote] “Don’t worry. If there was literally anyone else I could ask to do this, I would be asking them instead of you.”

by Anonymousreply 189September 24, 2022 2:56 AM

It’s totally a Mean Girl thing. Remember how J Mulroney her BFF was caught talking to that influencer? I will ruin you! That is Meghan - that is who she is too.

by Anonymousreply 190September 24, 2022 2:58 AM

Good catch, R190.

by Anonymousreply 191September 24, 2022 2:59 AM

Makes the picking on Charlotte story feel less difficult to believe.

by Anonymousreply 192September 24, 2022 3:00 AM

Has anybody asked if Meghan's OK?

by Anonymousreply 193September 24, 2022 3:06 AM

On top of all this they have cash flow problems as well. Things can't be pleasant in MonteShitShow.

by Anonymousreply 194September 24, 2022 3:09 AM

The source told the author: '[The Queen] was very hurt and told me, "I don’t know, I don’t care, and I don’t want to think about it anymore".'

I would be left perturbed by her messy hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 24, 2022 3:24 AM

r158 Correct.Its crazy and the moral hypocrisy of some of Meghans supporters especially on twitter is astounding.The new UK Chancellor is black .He is a conservative and a lot of his policies will hurt many in the UK, hurting the poor especially.Are those idiots who say those of us who criticise Meghan are racist saying that if we criticise the new UK Chancellor it isnt because of his harmful policies but because we are racist??? So no UK Markle supporters will criticise the UK chancellor because that would make them racist?? That is their logic.

Is The Guardian newspaper,which seems to have been supportive of Meghan a fair bit over the past few years , racist because it criticises the Black Chancellor??This is the kind of hypocritical tangle and talking out of both sides of your mouth that excusing peoples bad behaviour on the grounds of race gets you into.

by Anonymousreply 196September 24, 2022 3:34 AM

[quote]I wonder if the women assistants she tortured were good looking? She's the type of jealous woman who can't stand having an attractive women anywhere around her

Not just "good looking". To be on the Queens staff you would have to be highly intelligent above all else.

Also, you would have to be kind, accommodating, and decisive. You would need large amounts of decorum, and have a marvelously good sense of humor. The BRF hire proper young ladies who are brought up extremely well.

by Anonymousreply 197September 24, 2022 3:38 AM

You're tough when it's warranted.

Accommodating when you can be.

You're accurate. Punctual, and you never make a promise you can't keep.

I'm never on another line, I'm in a meeting.

by Anonymousreply 198September 24, 2022 3:40 AM

[quote]“I can’t believe I’m not getting paid for this.”

You were on salary, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 199September 24, 2022 3:42 AM

A couple of days before Harry released that statement, the Sun ran an article saying that he’d been two-timimg Markle with a Burberry underwear model.

I remember thinking at the time that all Markle really wanted from it (the statement) was official confirmation to the world that she was his girlfriend. I was right.

How did he not see right through her then? “Tell everyone about our secret love or I’m dumping you”. The cock wants what the cock wants, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 200September 24, 2022 3:49 AM

How pissed must the Palace be that their carefully cultivated persona of "Harry, the happy prince of the people" has now been blown to smithereens.

by Anonymousreply 201September 24, 2022 3:58 AM

Are Meghan and Mulroney still friends?

by Anonymousreply 202September 24, 2022 4:01 AM

It’s hard to say. She seemed to have ghosted her In the aftermath of the scandal but then Jessica said in a later Intv that Meghan had checked on her quite a lot. Significantly tho she never supported her publicly- where it mattered - and surely she was in a position to defend her friend her best friend - she is godmother to her kids - as a non racist? I think they are no longer friends.

by Anonymousreply 203September 24, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote]It's finally the beginning of the end for this abusive, greedy couple.

You've been saying this for six years. The worst thing that will happen to Meghan is she'll stop doing the podcast. Maybe some charities will ask her to step down. No one is going to come take away their money or force them to live in an isolated cabin in Siberia or anything, if that's what you think "the end" is.

My guess is that you think "the end" will be Meghan's death, given the kinds of things being said about her.

by Anonymousreply 204September 24, 2022 4:08 AM

No one wants any of these people to die. No one wants to cause physical pain. What we want is for the truth to come out. About all of it.

by Anonymousreply 205September 24, 2022 4:10 AM

Oh fuck off, R204. If she didn’t have a black mother you’d be disgusted by her behaviour too.

She’s being criticised for BULLYING people…and you’ve translated that into people wanting her dead? Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 206September 24, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote]Britain has racism and xenophobia, but

Look, you guys always give yourselves away. All the talk about the Queen banishing the Sussexes to Africa, all the "Doria is a criminal addicted to pot" stuff, the constant "Meghan doesn't even LOOK black" and "she blacks herself up to play the racism card," the constant use of typical racist epithets about blacks all being desperate for free stuff and being lazy, the comments about her obviously messed-up dad and anger-addicted half sister being good people despite everything they've done.

On top of that, the exaggeration of what Meghan and Harry said about racism, which you have all turned into "Meghan said everyone in the entire country and royal family is a racist monster" when that didn't happen, is CLASSIC overreaction. So is all this "Britain is the least racist country in the world" stuff. It's just another version of the trope where people insist being called racist is worse than actual racism.

It's just really obvious that there's something going on when someone is writing a tell-all about Meghan yelling at staffers (who leaked nasty stories about her that were frequently proven to be lies, and who didn't like her, and who always treat outsiders poorly anyway) and they're not writing a tell-all about Andrew's partyboy life with Epstein, or the Charles cash for honours scandal, or the money Charles took from Qatar, or any of the much bigger problems out there that have happened far more recently than "Meghan yelled at me and it made me sad."

by Anonymousreply 207September 24, 2022 4:38 AM

It’s actually you who gives yourself away, R207. Very little of that has ever been said here. You’re inventing.

No one has said ~ the Queen banished them to Africa, black people are desperate for free stuff and are lazy or that her father & sister are “good”. Literally never seen anyone say any of this, so I think you’re either projecting or favouring narrative over facts.

Sorry, though, Markle looks white. She also always identified herself as caucasian until she could use her “colour” as a shield against criticism, a pathetically easy move since there are enough brainless cretins like you around willing to suspend common sense and drink her kool aid.

None of the leaked stories have “proven to be lies”…even Markle herself has not denied the bullying story and there comes a point where even a dedicated race-baiter like you has to see that when EVERYONE is saying the same thing, it’s likely to be true.

And Britian is one of the least racist countries in the world. Sorry if that doesn’t fit your ignorant narrative, but facts are facts. Ten percent of all couples in the UK are mixed…we don’t give a fucking shit about skin tone. You do, evidently, and that’s your problem…stop making it ours.

She’s a bullying, vile cunt - pink, purple, green, orange or blue….a cunt is a cunt.

Now, take your racism somewhere else. We’re talking about the characteristics of a human being here, not how much melanin they have.

by Anonymousreply 208September 24, 2022 5:28 AM

^Britain

Oh, and all the money that Charles accepted went straight to charity. Some scandal!

Amd, fuck you, three women lost their jobs because of cunt Markle, and you decscribe that at “made them sad”. How despicable you are. Bullying is fine as long you have a black mother.

Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 209September 24, 2022 5:31 AM

But the stories about her are all true.

by Anonymousreply 210September 24, 2022 5:46 AM

r207 Wow you are manipulative downplaying the seriousness of workplace bullying , pretty much dismissing it so that you can defend a celebrity who would've you the time of day. Check your moral compass. You are either deceitful or dumb.

by Anonymousreply 211September 24, 2022 5:50 AM

r207 You expect books to be written about events that only happened very recently?? Your attempts at whatabouttery are laughable.

by Anonymousreply 212September 24, 2022 5:52 AM

I wonder how long the money will last.

by Anonymousreply 213September 24, 2022 6:16 AM

R205, I'd be happy for them to disappear into obscurity. I doubt the truth is even that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 214September 24, 2022 6:20 AM

Based on the excerpts I read, this book seems much better than the Bower book: well-written, fair, coherent.

And it's good gossip. He's not telling the story that the rabid detractors love to hear (which they get from all the blogs/YouTubers/etc. cashing in on anti-H&M sentiment). But there's still plenty to make both of them look bad. Harry with his savior complex and media paranoia, Meghan with her Hollywood A-list demands and phony public persona, both of them ill-tempered and expecting to be the star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 215September 24, 2022 6:31 AM

Textbook bullying- the continual, harassing phone calls.

How will these two lie their way out of this one?

by Anonymousreply 216September 24, 2022 6:33 AM

Harry leaving Charles unheard voice messages every night:

"Dah...PLEASE send the money Megz has demanded - or I'll have to release the book!...Or....she'll KILL me...She said so...Said her mother would even HELP!...Dah...Dahh..Where ARE you?"

by Anonymousreply 217September 24, 2022 7:49 AM

If its a generic book about court life will it focus on other royals as well?

by Anonymousreply 218September 24, 2022 7:57 AM

R181 fuck off, Britain is one of the most multi-cultural and open places in the world. There is a small minority who may be racist or xenophobic but don't apply that to the whole nation

by Anonymousreply 219September 24, 2022 8:11 AM

I've sort of guiltily, half followed this saga because it's escapism, like an episode of Dynasty! But I have never relished attacking MM, I think it's incredibly sad that things were racialised and a family that welcomed her, demonised in such a potent way.

by Anonymousreply 220September 24, 2022 8:20 AM

R208

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221September 24, 2022 8:20 AM

Love the yanks on here blowing hard about Britain being racist. Every other day there are reports on physical violence being inflicted on African Americans- even by law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 222September 24, 2022 8:21 AM

When you read Bower's account of MM's behaviour at the Reitman's shoot,all the demands she made, the way she treated people, long before she met Harry, you see what kind of person she is. But it is at odds with her diligence and cooperation at her Suits job, for seven years.

by Anonymousreply 223September 24, 2022 9:16 AM

[quote] But it is at odds with her diligence and cooperation at her Suits job, for seven years.

Oh really, Honey?

Really?

by Anonymousreply 224September 24, 2022 10:04 AM

Sixth on the call sheet as the new "ingenue" in Toronto meant she knew how to keep her head down for at least a little while, right? Or at least until she felt comfortable in her large britches. She wasn't on set on the Reitman's shoot, so no need to cooperate; just a shoe-stealing adventure!

by Anonymousreply 225September 24, 2022 10:16 AM

This isn’t an either/or situation. Racists are getting off on criticizing the black woman, AND she is undoubtedly a cunt of historic proportions. Both can be true, and are.

by Anonymousreply 226September 24, 2022 10:26 AM

^^^I'll bet r226 doesn't 'identify' as gay, but rather identifies as something "Fashionable"

by Anonymousreply 227September 24, 2022 10:33 AM

I'm dubious that employees will stand in front of a raving lunatic boss screaming at them until they cry, day after day after day. Meghan wasn't the ONLY boss and employees would march to all the other powers and complain loudly.

by Anonymousreply 228September 24, 2022 10:36 AM

R228 That's what I thought as well. While Megs bullying behavior was well documented in Bower's book, I can't image someone with years of experience dealing with a variety of humanity, especially someone like Samantha Cohen with all of her experience who had one foot out the employment door anyway, putting up for a nanosecond with a bully like Megs. The professional response to a bully is to politely request that they cease and desist addressing you in a bullying manner. If that doesn't work, the second response is "Go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut. I will not put up with your bullying insecurities" and quit on the spot. Or, go to a higher up and complain about highly inappropriate behavior. It does seem rather odd that so many professionals allowed Megs to bully them into submission.

by Anonymousreply 229September 24, 2022 10:42 AM

[quote]"Compounding Harry’s frustration was a long-held fear that his time was running out and that once Prince George turned 18 he would become irrelevant."+

He's been irrelevant since the day George was born. Kind of sad (and that's an understatement) that viewed young kids as rivals. I guess that explains why there isn't any kind of bond with the kids.

Aside from the well researched biographies, most books about the BRF are crap, repeats of old gossip, etc. This one sounds kind of interesting. Aside from dealing with the Harkles, I've always wondered about people who'd want to wait 24/7 on some petulant fool like Andrew or deal with some meltdown from Charles. It's one thing to be young & want this kind of thing on your resume, but people who make a career of it....that's got to be tough.

by Anonymousreply 230September 24, 2022 10:45 AM

I see that the Christopher Bouzy/Bot Sentinel/ Sunshine Sachs human bots are here at r228 and r229....

by Anonymousreply 231September 24, 2022 10:46 AM

I see that an assumptive ass is here at R231.

by Anonymousreply 232September 24, 2022 10:48 AM

[quote]He's not telling the story that the rabid detractors love to hear (which they get from all the blogs/YouTubers/etc. cashing in on anti-H&M sentiment)

Based on excerpts and all the comments from you guys about how he's proving you right, I don't think that's true.

by Anonymousreply 233September 24, 2022 10:55 AM

r232

Your employer Bouzy is going Down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 24, 2022 11:00 AM

Haven’t any of you WORKED with one of these people?

[quote] But it is at odds with her diligence and cooperation at her Suits job, for seven years.

If it doesn’t make sense, it’s not true. People like Meghan aren’t nasty to the higher-ups. They’re dismissive of the assistants and roll their eyes at other minor actors. They tell the star of the show how great that scene was and snicker at the extras. They bring cookies to the writers room and smoke a joint with the makeup crew, and sneer at craft services. They’re not assholes to the people who MATTER.

by Anonymousreply 235September 24, 2022 11:07 AM

Hi, Meghan r235!

by Anonymousreply 236September 24, 2022 11:15 AM

Furthermore, the chapters on Andrew will be fun to read. Anything on the late queen will be respectful. Charles' will be mixed. The real decider will be how he handles William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 237September 24, 2022 11:17 AM

William and Kate are impeccable, r237.

Made more so as they casually reside in the rather large shadow of the Monstrous Motecitans.

And that shadow is Very Large.

by Anonymousreply 238September 24, 2022 11:22 AM

I read in the Daily Mail that the Queen had one of her senior ladies-in-waiting advise Markle about Royal duties and such and her assistance was rejected.

by Anonymousreply 239September 24, 2022 11:22 AM

R236 If you really think that R235 is complimentary towards Meghan, you need to learn reading comprehension.

What they are saying is that it's obvious Meghan only bullies those beneath her, while being cordial to those on her level and sucking up to anyone above her.

That is NOT a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 240September 24, 2022 11:25 AM

Hi Again, Meghan r240!

by Anonymousreply 241September 24, 2022 11:29 AM

Wow so Meghan is screaming at staff every 10 minutes huh. LMAO. And you morons buy that crap.

by Anonymousreply 242September 24, 2022 11:31 AM

There are two books published now about Meghan's bullying, conwoman ways, r242

by Anonymousreply 243September 24, 2022 11:40 AM

I just don't get it. Let's say you are hired for a job in a large corporation. The job sounds like it's going to be fantastic but turns out to be horrible for a variety of reasons. So you decide to leave, but it takes time to arrange your next employment. What do you do?

A. Alienate everyone around you at every level til you walk off the job?

B. Knowing that you need a reference and realise that any less than impeccable behaviour on your part will get around and and will make it harder for you to get a good job in your industry in the future, you keep your head down and your nose clean til you hand in your resignation?

by Anonymousreply 244September 24, 2022 12:03 PM

There's a lot of truth to r207's first paragraph.

[quote] It’s actually you who gives yourself away, [R207]. Very little of that has ever been said here. You’re inventing.

Bullshit, r208. I've been reading DL threads about the Royals for years and those things all have been said here about Markle.

And when r207 writes -

[quote] and they're not writing a tell-all about Andrew's partyboy life with Epstein, or the Charles cash for honours scandal, or the money Charles took from Qatar, or any of the much bigger problems out there that have happened far more recently than "Meghan yelled at me and it made me sad."

That this apt point made here is either ignored or defended by her haters with some half-assed stupid analogy to work-place bullying speaks volumes.

I think both situations are true.

I find it easy to believe that Markle DID behave in a bullying manner towards "the help", and there is no excusing it.

For one of the rare times in my life, my jaw actually dropped when Markle falsely told Oprah (and I have to paraphrase here), that, before dating Harry, she didn't know about the Royal family and that she didn't google Harry.

Markle lied about that. She did her research all right before meeting Harry. She had knowledge of the Royal family. And if you read "Tina Brown's "The Palace Papers", Brown takes pains to describe how Markle was known among the cast of suits for being meticulously prepared on EVERYTHING, her role on Suits and promotion events.

The BRF and Markle was a bad, bad, fit from the get-go, with blame to go around for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 245September 24, 2022 12:26 PM

Now that Her Majesty has been laid to rest H and M are going to get the beat down they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 246September 24, 2022 12:28 PM

Wow what a bitch. I suppose she saw it as part of being a "Princess".

by Anonymousreply 247September 24, 2022 12:38 PM

[quote]Now that Her Majesty has been laid to rest H and M are going to get the beat down they deserve.

Yes and it's delicious.

However, I suspect manipulative Meg will counter with a pregnancy which will provide her protection. Can't be mean to a pregnant woman! Every article will be met with "the stress of these untrue accusations against the Duchess are causing her pregnancy complications and may result in a miscarriage if the racist BRF and racist Bristish tabloids who called her first baby the "n" word don't stop these vicious attacks immediately". Malignant narcissists are masters at deflection and distraction. See also: tRump.

by Anonymousreply 248September 24, 2022 12:42 PM

R218 weren’t there already some excerpts published? I vaguely remember there was quite a bit on Prince Philip (who apparently was loved by everyone who worked with him), Princess Margaret and Princess Michael of Kent. There was also something about KP staff looking down their nose on Kate, but then she won them over.

by Anonymousreply 249September 24, 2022 12:48 PM

[quote] The BRF and Markle was a bad, bad, fit from the get-go, with blame to go around for everybody.

R245 Megs chose her mark, established her grift and put it into play. Which is still on-going. The BRF were, are and remain the targets of Megs grift. Your attempt at "impartiality" is, in reality, victim blaming.

by Anonymousreply 250September 24, 2022 12:51 PM

R248 The Sussexes said they will have only two children to save the planet. Besides, pregnancy did’t stop Meghan from harassing Kate.

by Anonymousreply 251September 24, 2022 12:52 PM

[quote]I've been reading DL threads about the Royals for years and those things all have been said here about Markle.

There are some really ugly things said about Markle, it can't be denied. There are some really ugly things said about pretty much everybody who gets a mention on this board. Even St. Dolly Parton can't escape accusations of lesbianism. The poor Queen was assigned to a body bag pretty much daily for the last couple of years, replete with "I feel" diagnoses of everything from cancer to incontinence to lost the will to live by broken heart. Diana is called some of the most vulgar and cruel epithets you can throw at a woman. None of this justifies or excuses the lowest things said about Markle. But it isn't unique to her, either. Ugly people reach for the ugliest remarks they can find, on this board and pretty much every board like it on the internet, from Reddit onward. And it doesn't preclude a gossip board talking about writing about her.

[quote]and they're not writing a tell-all about Andrew's partyboy life with Epstein, or the Charles cash for honours scandal, or the money Charles took from Qatar, or any of the much bigger problems out there that have happened far more recently than "Meghan yelled at me and it made me sad."

Isn't that the blunt reality of market economics?

And if R207 is accused of exemplifying how "haters" ignore or defend with some half-assed stupid analogy, is not R245 playing the old Meghan defenders trick of what-abouting and broad brush accusations with no specifics ("any of the much bigger problems out there that have happened far more recently")? And can't two separate things be unseemly at once, but one be more interesting or current?

First, who can know which writer is working on what? It seems unlikely some abmitious scribe [italic]isn't[/italic] trying to write something about Andrew. The Charles and bad practises re. charitable contributions have been explained and reported on comprehensively. Sometimes, even when things are bad or look bad there's only so much to say.

Second, the Sussexes sell. The Royal Family has for forty years been sucked into the increasing sale of private dignity as a commodity. Unfortunately for the Sussexes it is their turn. No reasonable person is going to argue this is only because they are the victims of undue curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 252September 24, 2022 12:55 PM

lol, r250!

Satire?

"victim-blaming?" no two words have ever more revealed the skewed, way too invested mind of Sussex obsessives.

The BRF is enjoying a post Q E II honeymoon. Their popularity, wealth, prestige, status, has only one way to go: steady. I'm a big fan of theirs and I hope that steady popularity stays put.

Meanwhile, the Sussexes are fast becoming more and more irrelevant, unpopular, and aging, to boot.

But somehow, the BRF are victims?

Your elevator isn't reaching the top floor.

by Anonymousreply 253September 24, 2022 1:00 PM

[Quote]Even St. Dolly Parton can't escape accusations of lesbianism.

Accusations? Oh gurl, you do amuse.

by Anonymousreply 254September 24, 2022 1:05 PM

r252 is a bot. Not one of those Meghan fans - I mean a real, mechanical bot. Read the text closely. It's mechanic.

by Anonymousreply 255September 24, 2022 1:09 PM

R252, Will a survey be forthcoming asking us to rate how well your post defended the Duke and Duchess of Overseas? Something that your management will use to determine your efficiency?

I get these surveys after I buy toilet paper online from CVS asking me to rate my shopping experience. I expect the same related to your post, also suitable for wiping one’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 256September 24, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote]Second, the Sussexes sell.

Sell what R252? Their souls? Sell out their families? Anything to the highest bidder in order to line their own pockets?

by Anonymousreply 257September 24, 2022 1:38 PM

[quote] But somehow, the BRF are victims?

R253 Absolutely. The BRF are the target chosen by a narcissistic grifter as the ultimate mark in her unending quest for fame/fortune. Megs has spent two years villainizing and accusing, shaking her mark down attempting to reap a huge payoff. Her mark has done nothing but have the temerity to exist.

by Anonymousreply 258September 24, 2022 1:38 PM

R257, publications, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 259September 24, 2022 1:55 PM

Would a bot really call her St. Dolly Parton?

by Anonymousreply 260September 24, 2022 1:56 PM

R252, why are you bringing the multitalented, warmhearted, charitable Dolly Parton into a conversation about two despicable grifters?

As for “accusations of lesbianism”, unlike the Harkles, Dolly has never paid people to slander those making such an accusation.

by Anonymousreply 261September 24, 2022 1:57 PM

I don't know how anybody takes my R252 as defending the Harkles. For a mechanical bot I apparently did a rotten job of trying to argue against R245's sympathy for Markle. All I tried to do was avoid frothing at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 262September 24, 2022 1:59 PM

To the cunt at R259. I was making a point.

Did I hit a nerve? Are you foaming at the mouth yet? Have a cookie, take a Midol and lie down. Before you do, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 263September 24, 2022 2:00 PM

R261, my point was this is DL and even the multitalented, warmhearted, charitable Dolly Parton is not immune from the underbelly of this place.

R263, you're the one foaming. Take your own medicine.

by Anonymousreply 264September 24, 2022 2:01 PM

Three blocks and everything from R252 to R263 disappears. I'm not sure I'm the bot.

This place always gets a little extra psycho on the weekends, moreso since Valentine's valentine.

by Anonymousreply 265September 24, 2022 2:03 PM

GERMAN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 266September 24, 2022 2:05 PM

Too bad. So sad. If only I could cry on cue like Megs, I would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267September 24, 2022 2:08 PM

Confused after reading R265’s post. Did R252 blocked herself?

by Anonymousreply 268September 24, 2022 2:10 PM

Accusation-speak = homophobe

by Anonymousreply 269September 24, 2022 2:12 PM

But wait, there’s more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 24, 2022 2:13 PM

I don’t think she’s liked ab her age has she?

by Anonymousreply 271September 24, 2022 2:16 PM

R270 left out Megs "the family I never had" grift. She used that lie twice. She accused her first hubby of "abuse", which was a lie. She'll use that one again against Harry.

by Anonymousreply 272September 24, 2022 2:18 PM

Yes. The family she never had. Good spot

by Anonymousreply 273September 24, 2022 2:20 PM

You see this time and time again.

Man babies marry dragon ladies to handle the things msn baby doesn’t want to deal with.

Of course, sometimes the dragon lady turns out to be a genuine psycho.

Then what?

by Anonymousreply 274September 24, 2022 2:22 PM

"Meghan Markle liked freebies — and clashed with staffers who tried to explain that royal protocol forbade accepting gifts from commercial organizations, according to a bombshell new book about the duchess and Prince Harry.

Markle, 41, fought with her personal assistant, Melissa Toubati, because Meghan wanted to keep the clothes she got, the Sun reported, citing excerpts from Valentine Low’s new book, “Courtiers: The Hidden Power Behind the Crown.”

Toubati resigned six months after Meghan and Harry’s 2018 wedding.

Low’s book cited an insider who claimed: “Clashes centered on the free gifts that some companies would send Meghan. Deliveries were constantly arriving at Kensington Palace. ‘Clothes, jewelry, candles … It was non-stop.”

Toubati’s approach “did not go down well with Meghan.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 24, 2022 2:24 PM

"Prince Harry's fear of becoming "irrelevant" and an attempt at bridge building by William that was turned down are two of a number of bombshell claims to come from a new book about the royals.

Prince Harry feared he would become "irrelevant" when Prince George turns 18, says a source, quoted in the new book.

The Duke of Sussex believed he had only a limited time to make a difference until his nephew, who is now second-in-line to the throne, became older.

"He had this thing that he had a shelf life. He was fixated [on] this," the source claims.

"He would compare himself with his uncle [Prince Andrew]. He would say, 'I have this time to make this impact. Because I can'.

"Until George turns 18, was the way he was thinking about it. ‘Then I will be the also-ran.’ He was genuinely thinking of it as, ‘I have this platform now, for a limited amount of time. I want to move forward, move forward.’ ”

An extract reads: "They (royal staff) told him, 'You can still have an impact in your forties, fifties, even longer. So long as you set the right foundations now.' But he never saw that."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 24, 2022 2:31 PM

From the article at R276:

Harry summoned by Queen to be 'firmly put in his place' after wedding tiara row

Prince Harry was reportedly summoned by the Queen after a furious row ahead of his wedding to Meghan, the new book claims.

Organising the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was "particularly stressful" with rows about scheduling, announcements, the gospel choir and the tiara, Mr Low wrote.

An argument broke out about arrangements to try on the Queen’s tiara, which led to Harry being summoned to see the monarch.

A source claims Harry had been "downright rude" and was "firmly put in his place" by Her Majesty, according to the book.

by Anonymousreply 277September 24, 2022 2:32 PM

I remember reading that Meghan had "pages" of her side of the bullying story ready to be published. If it gets back and Meghan has a shit fit, she'll get Omid Scobie to do it (either on Twitter or his new book).

H & M would be crazy to sue. That would surely open a can of worms. First, Palace HR have multiple people on record claiming that they both were shitty to underlings. The Palace could release them from the NDA's and they could report the abuse in court under oath.

by Anonymousreply 278September 24, 2022 2:33 PM

I'll handle this. I KNOW people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 24, 2022 2:48 PM

If the Harkles are smart, they'll lay low for awhile while Harry "grieves" the passing of his beloved granny.

by Anonymousreply 280September 24, 2022 3:10 PM

Anyone who has had a bad boss knows Meghan. They share a universal trait: deep-rooted insecurity. It is their driving force.

In my experience, insecurity is the most destructive personality trait. And people who are fueled primarily from it are tyrants. In the workplace, they turn "kiss-up-kick-down" into an art form.

For years as a struggling actress, Meghan was forced to suppress her sense of superiority and entitlement and curry favor with people she felt were inferior to her. The moment she grasped power, the suppressed rage came roaring to the surface. Those palace staffers were punished for all the inferior beings she was forced to suck up to in her journey to the bottom wrung of TV fame.

She has demonstrated how dangerous insecure people are. For those on this thread who say why didn't her staff walk out if she was so awful, they did. In droves. And they will continue to do so.

The fact that she is losing what power and prestige she had, makes her all the more dangerous. Anyone who works for her will be abused mightily. Harry, who clearly is terrified of her, will continue to let her down by his inability to help her regain power.

The A listers who once gave her cover (Clooney, Degeneres, Oprah, Elton etc.) have gone quiet. This is similar to what happens when a power-mad boss--who has won over upper management thru sheer toadying to superiors and brutality to the powerless--is seen as no longer useful and discarded.

Meghan won't recover from this. Anyone who agrees to work for her at this point is a moron. And that includes Harry.

by Anonymousreply 281September 24, 2022 3:13 PM

But Harry and Meghan are not smart, so they won’t lay low.

by Anonymousreply 282September 24, 2022 3:14 PM

At this point, Diana's looking like somebody with the occasional bad mood

by Anonymousreply 283September 24, 2022 3:29 PM

I think both Harry and Meghan have mental problems. She's obviously borderline. This will end badly as there's nobody sane in the boat.

by Anonymousreply 284September 24, 2022 3:32 PM

A question: Do we have any evidence that Meghan has ever helped anyone in a meaningful way? I don't mean evidence of symbiotic I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you-scratch-mine support. (Shilling for other "influencers.") But evidence of leveraging what power she has to boost someone who can benefit from it?

by Anonymousreply 285September 24, 2022 3:33 PM

^with expecting nothing in return.

by Anonymousreply 286September 24, 2022 3:36 PM

I DID 40 FOR 40...OR BY 40...OR WHATEVER THE FUCK IT WAS. I DROPPED OFF SANDWICHES IN UVALDE. WHAT MORE CAN I DO????

by Anonymousreply 287September 24, 2022 3:36 PM

Do messages on bananas given out to sex workers count R285?

by Anonymousreply 288September 24, 2022 3:36 PM

She once helped out by collecting lingerie for needy sexy people.

by Anonymousreply 289September 24, 2022 3:42 PM

On Have I Got News for You: "The Queen's Beekeeper had to formally inform her bees that the Queen had died." The Bees: Queen? Which Queen??

by Anonymousreply 290September 24, 2022 3:59 PM

She gave a homeless man a backpack.

by Anonymousreply 291September 24, 2022 4:10 PM

^Fact check. Miss Markle ordered her security guy to give a homeless guy a backpack, while remaining in the car with the woman who was "interviewing her for The Cut.

by Anonymousreply 292September 24, 2022 4:18 PM

^^^ for the benefit of the woman who was interviewing her for The Cut.

Strictly performative.

by Anonymousreply 293September 24, 2022 4:24 PM

Despite H&M’s many faults, Charles need to bring peace to his family. Going scorched-earth on them is not the way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 294September 24, 2022 4:24 PM

Funny how Rachel’s “good deeds” are always captured in the presence of media R292.

Face it, Markle was out-Markled.

by Anonymousreply 295September 24, 2022 4:29 PM

They need to go their separate ways. Now that the Queen is gone, there won’t be as many events. For everyone sakes, including ours, I hope this all fades away.

by Anonymousreply 296September 24, 2022 4:30 PM

Well, when the many faults include being immature, untrustworthy, lazy and entitled, how do you suggest Charles bring peace? Keeping them at arm's length seems the wise decision to me.

by Anonymousreply 297September 24, 2022 4:31 PM

Peace? That's OVAH unless of course MM disappears and Harry moves back to the UK with his children. A long shot at best.

by Anonymousreply 298September 24, 2022 4:31 PM

I don't know what the guy can realistically do. What they want will only create more problems (assuming it's still half in, half out, though at this point one can also imagine the most surreal apology in human civlization - scripted word salad delivered via an Oprah sit down in the Throne Room at Buckingham Palace.)

by Anonymousreply 299September 24, 2022 4:34 PM

Reading Low's excerpts puts a whole new spin on MM's appearance at the walkabout and funeral She was literally waiting for the other shoe to drop.

by Anonymousreply 300September 24, 2022 4:36 PM

Performative

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 24, 2022 4:38 PM

that partially explains the Kate frame up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 24, 2022 4:39 PM

The only ones with the potential to go scorched earth are Harry and Meghan, R294. At which point they are bound to fail. The Royal family has access to millions of pounds, billions in properties, a thousand years of history, remarkable public support in the United Kingdom and the means, the people, and every intention of preserving it.

The Harkles have their resentments, an amazing string of losses thanks to their own pig-headedness, a history of readily exposed lies than Little Red Riding Hood had breadcrumbs, witnesses with damning stories to tell about their behavior and no known PR these days. Not a good place for them to be. David only beat Goliath once and nothing we've seen makes me think they have the skills of a David.

My money's on the family and exile along the lines of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor - poodles for people with more money than them. Sometimes you can treat a cancer, sometimes you have to excise it. Harry and Meghan seem to think that baiting their family will get them what they want. Foolishly, as it hasn't yet and doesn't look it will.

by Anonymousreply 303September 24, 2022 4:47 PM

R298 and comments like them are puzzling to me. Why his he any better than Meghan? Why is she the only one blamed when he also was accused of bullying and enabled her every step of the way? This is the part of the narrative I will never understand. I bet these same people exempted 20-something Harry wearing a Nazi uniform as a childish mistake. The same people who, if and when they divorce, will make him out to be some dumb innocent preyed upon by an opportunistic American divorcee actress... despite him being his big age when they were together.

by Anonymousreply 304September 24, 2022 4:48 PM

^^^ a history of MORE readily exposed lies

by Anonymousreply 305September 24, 2022 4:49 PM

Harry was at least manageable before Meghan showed up. But I agree that the book makes him look just as bad, and in some ways worse because he took no measures to curtail his wife's awful behavior.

by Anonymousreply 306September 24, 2022 4:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307September 24, 2022 4:54 PM

R304, Harry had better PR and deeper public goodwill, but the real difference may be that he’s just a better actor: he was able to convince people that he was charming and fun.

by Anonymousreply 308September 24, 2022 4:59 PM

I think Harry - and I do not mean this sympathetically - has some distorted view of chivalry as a consequence of what happened to his mother. Did he imagine, as a coping mechanism, he could have saved her somehow? Does he blame himself for something that wasn't his fault? If it's so she wrote that if he didn't make a statement she would break up with him is a pressure tactic that would have sent what you imagine to be a strong, centred man running in the opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 309September 24, 2022 5:01 PM

R303, agreed. Maybe the strategy - and I don't think there is one - but maybe it's to let them run out of money in due course and then shut them up with purse strings.

by Anonymousreply 310September 24, 2022 5:02 PM

[quote] For the life of me I just don't get why any of you care.

Because this is new gossip about one of the most famous women in the world, and this is a gay gossip site? Just a guess.I

[quote]I would bet even QE2 yelled at staff at a few points.

Yeah, that's likely.

"YOU MISERABLE PIECES OF SHIT! I ASKED FOR MARMALADE WITH MY TOAST, NOT RASPBERRY JAM!! SHIT ON YOUR MOTHER!!"

by Anonymousreply 311September 24, 2022 5:03 PM

The Harkles had the potential to be positive agents of change, but instead they opted to be confrontational.

Better luck with your next husband and his family Megs. Maybe you’ll learn from this.

by Anonymousreply 312September 24, 2022 5:10 PM

I don’t believe this, so don’t @ me. Posting because it made me laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313September 24, 2022 5:22 PM

[quote] There are some really ugly things said about pretty much everybody who gets a mention on this board. Even St. Dolly Parton can't escape accusations of lesbianism.

Suggesting a woman might be a lesbian isn't "ugly", r252.

by Anonymousreply 314September 24, 2022 5:26 PM

Cracks me up when these paternity questions pop up about Harry, R313. Harry is the spitting image of a young Prince Philip only with red hair (which comes from Diana's side).

by Anonymousreply 315September 24, 2022 5:27 PM

R300, which shoe are you talking about? The impending publishing of the Low book? Knowing that she was going to fight for kid's titles during time when fam was mourning?

by Anonymousreply 316September 24, 2022 5:31 PM

The thing about Harry worrying that he had time to make his mark "only" until George turned 18 sounds a bit nonsense to me. George still has another 9 years to go until he's 18, so Harry would have had about 12-18 years to make his mark when he was allegedly thinking that.

Besides, the age of majority for royals is more like 21 (e.g. Counsellors of State) and presumably George would have followed in his grandfather's and father's footsteps and gone to university or perhaps in his uncle's and joined the army for some years. It's not as though as soon as George hits 18 he's going to be an uber-prominent royal. He might perform a few official duties but nothing much. George's dad would probably prefer him to take things slowly and ease into his role.

In any case, Harry's public role as a royal was not dependent on his nephew or his brother.

by Anonymousreply 317September 24, 2022 5:34 PM

[quote]The thing about Harry worrying that he had time to make his mark "only" until George turned 18

What 'mark' would this mentally disordered individual think he make? We have never seen anything more than feeble attempts at mental health initiatives (in concert with his rational brother and sister-in-law, mind you).

So when finally 'freed' from the chains of his Royal life, where he "had to be on all the time", is the past few years the 'mark' that he wants to make? Is the 'mark' he had in mind infantile blaming for his 'victimhood'? He certainly has accomplished that, but its not a 'mark' that does anyone on the [planet any good, including himself most importantly.

Lazy asshole that didn't want to work.

by Anonymousreply 318September 24, 2022 5:43 PM

I assume it’s more about the spotlight and perks (money, status, etc) than actually making a mark in some meaningful way. It’s about being in the front row, not second. Pecking order in the family is obviously very important to him. Also, despite complaining about it, craves the media attention.

by Anonymousreply 319September 24, 2022 5:50 PM

[quote]In any case, Harry's public role as a royal was not dependent on his nephew or his brother.

He need only have looked to his Aunt's role, still chugging along at 72. So it's incorrect, that stupid or that easily led.

by Anonymousreply 320September 24, 2022 5:52 PM

He wants to be held in high regard by all those around him at all times.

Word to Prince Harry: You should have stayed in The Firm where your public image was managed like like a surgeon with a scalpel.

His only way out of this is to ditch Meghan and the kids, move to Africa, own a game reserve, find a rational wife, and start over again. The Firm can handle the payments to the California ex-wife and kids in perpetuity.

by Anonymousreply 321September 24, 2022 5:57 PM

^ And tie the money to good behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 322September 24, 2022 6:03 PM

Not gonna happen. They will never divorce.

by Anonymousreply 323September 24, 2022 6:05 PM

That’s a terrible thing to say that he should ditch his kids. They are innocent in all this and deserve a father in their lives. I don’t think being a deadbeat dad would exactly endear him to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 324September 24, 2022 6:08 PM

It seems management on LSA has moved the Meghan Markle Unpopular Opinion Thread 9 to a part of the site that you need to be a member to access. Did Meghan finally snap and sic her lawyers on them?

by Anonymousreply 325September 24, 2022 6:08 PM

What is LSA?

by Anonymousreply 326September 24, 2022 6:09 PM

Yes, the imminent publication of Low's book and the ensuing shitstorm sure to follow.

R300

by Anonymousreply 327September 24, 2022 6:17 PM

Harry's emphasis on making his mark only until George is 18 reveals his true motives. Of course he could continue to do good and influential work for the Crown into his 70s, as Anne has done. But if your real interest is in being the main focus of the media's attention, yes, that does fade as you head into middle age and the heir's children come of age. Only the monarch and heir to the throne retain that kind of focus throughout their lives. The rest do the work, enjoy the private perks and greater freedom, and get on with things.

Harry was never interested in serving the people of the UK. He thinks we should all serve him with attention and adoration. No wonder his behavior really began to curdle once William's children were born, and no wonder he seems to have no relationship with them at all. How will he treat his own kids if they grow up to be good-looking and charismatic enough to steal what little spotlight he'll maintain as he gets older? What if Lilibet becomes a successful actress? Will he reject her the way he did William and William's kids?

by Anonymousreply 328September 24, 2022 6:17 PM

R326 Lipstick Alley

by Anonymousreply 329September 24, 2022 6:19 PM

R290, any keepers of bees know it is necessary to inform the bees of the death of their keeper and also other family events. Telling the bees is widespread this side of the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 330September 24, 2022 6:20 PM

More tea!!!! Sussex Staff became increasingly upset for the Sussexes blaming them for their own PR blunders. They grew tired of H&M's perpetual sense of victimhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 24, 2022 6:27 PM

[quote]That’s a terrible thing to say that he should ditch his kids.

It is a terrible thing to say, let alone have to do, but for the sake of the children it really is the best for them to be kept out of the Royal machinations and all the drama that will dog them through their lifetimes if they are associated with their parent's inevitable downward spiral (yes, it can even get much worse) and Meghan's overall toxicity about every little thing. Harry needs to make a clean break. Just get the kids a loving and trustworthy nanny in their infancy, get the kids in to boarding school and out of the limelight as soon as possible, and then occasional visits to Harry and his new family as adults, if they choose. They will never come out on the good side of the Meghan and Harry's insane Hollywood marriage nonsense. Many children grow up without a father just fine. We all have our burdens.

by Anonymousreply 332September 24, 2022 6:29 PM

It’s been a tradition for centuries and it’s thought that if the bees were not properly notified, they would stop producing honey or leave the hive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 24, 2022 6:29 PM

The second excerpt is out now. Any interesting detail: Harry was every bit as hostile to their staff as she was and constantly sent “rude” emails. The two probably left quite a paper trail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334September 24, 2022 6:29 PM

R314, I knew that was coming and I accept the interpretation but it isn't what I meant. There is 100% nothing wrong with being lesbian. Without getting into an off-topic I see nothing in what I've read to suggest it's reasonable to call Dolly Parton a lesbian. Just as I don't think it's reasonable based on what we've seen to call her a Republican, bald or someone who hates potatoes. My point was DL will cook up any assertion about anybody, not infrequently without basis. It was not what I meant by using the word accusation, which I knew at the time, but I hope you'll give me pass for posting in haste. It's DL, not a PhD. But I absolutely, no-attitude apologize for using that word in this context.

by Anonymousreply 335September 24, 2022 6:37 PM

>>>>They found it hard to accept they were being dumped just like that. Some of them were in tears. “It was a very loyal team,” said one.

They cried because their jobs with the Sussexes were ending???

by Anonymousreply 336September 24, 2022 6:42 PM

Rumour has it the bees are not interested in working for The Royals under their new leadership and are demanding housing in Montecito commensurate with their Royal status; where the weather is more conducive to their pursuits and their celebrity status can be truly leveraged. They don't believe that Beyonce has a clue about what being a Queen Bee is all about and are keen to show America how to get busy. They see reverence and opportunity where others simply see honey.

by Anonymousreply 337September 24, 2022 6:48 PM

I'm only four paragraphs in and Harry just screams I AM SUCH A SPECTACULAR TWAT!!! And he's too stupid to realize he was biting the hands that had fed the masses the "Harry's just one of the lads" claptrap! Good grief, I am bowled over by how awful he is.

by Anonymousreply 338September 24, 2022 6:48 PM

According to Excerpt 2, the Survivors' Club members describe her as a "narcissistic sociopath".

by Anonymousreply 339September 24, 2022 6:48 PM

Thank you for posting this R334.

Stick a fork in the Harkles. They’re done.

by Anonymousreply 340September 24, 2022 6:50 PM

r340 How encouraging to see King Charles begin his reign with two corpses in Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 341September 24, 2022 6:52 PM

Sam Cohen sounds like a canny lady:

[quote]Sam Cohen, who had 17 years’ experience of working at the Palace, would frequently say to Edward Young, the Queen’s private secretary, and Clive Alderton, Charles’s private secretary, that if it all went wrong, the Palace needed evidence of the duty of care it had shown to Harry and Meghan. The duty of care was crucial. “[Sam] was a broken record with them on that,” said a source.

by Anonymousreply 342September 24, 2022 6:55 PM

Yeah, that didn't make sense, R336. It could be that these were people who had less to do with Meghan Markle than their superiors, and who actually bought her whole progressive shtick.

by Anonymousreply 343September 24, 2022 6:59 PM

“We were played”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 24, 2022 7:00 PM

This made me laugh. Meghan presenting herself as a well-read intellectual:

[QUOTE]Meghan’s lawyers also argued that she had no idea about Sheikh Mohammed’s involvement in Khashoggi’s murder. However, Meghan once told a gathering for International Women’s Day that she read The Economist because she sought out “journalism that’s really covering things that are going to make an impact”. Between mid-October and early November 2018, The Economist ran at least two articles examining the role of Sheikh Mohammed in Khashoggi’s murder.

I resisted buying the Brown and Bower books, but this is a must have. Bower's book lingered at #1 for weeks on the Times best seller list. This one has top it. What great lazy Saturday afternoon reading. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 345September 24, 2022 7:05 PM

Wow! Just wow. This is all so delicious. It confirms my instincts about her since Harry issued that statement likening her to Diana's death. She was barely on my radar before that.

But that was a huge clue and congratulate yourself if you spotted that early on.

I should feel guilty reveling in these revelations but oddly I don't. Am I going to hell, or maybe purgatory for a bit?

by Anonymousreply 346September 24, 2022 7:07 PM

From these excerpts it sounds like Harry inherited the worst traits of both parents: Charles's sulkiness, Diana's hair-trigger temper, and both parents's self-centeredness.

I have to say too that the portrait of Meghan that emerges from all these books (excepting Scobie's) is always the same: Meghan schemed and schemed, and walked all over everyone.

I think the BRF are well rid of both of them. Unfortunately they have to be back for the coronation where they will create even more drama, but I hope otherwise they are just left to themselves to twist in the wind.

by Anonymousreply 347September 24, 2022 7:13 PM

Today's excerpt cheapens the whole tale. Yesterday the excerpt said staff complained they were bullied. Today's excerpt said they felt dumped and played?

by Anonymousreply 348September 24, 2022 7:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349September 24, 2022 7:20 PM

Don't worry r348, there's a shit-ton more to come! Like recordings, and email trails, if the TRF deems it necessary.

by Anonymousreply 350September 24, 2022 7:21 PM

Stop twisting words R348

by Anonymousreply 351September 24, 2022 7:28 PM

R348, it’s a portrait of the staff’s view of things. They had been sold the same bill of goods about Harry as everyone else, and had been told to do their very best. Throughout everything, they were genuinely trying to help and were left unprotected by the Palace, which had no way of dealing with people as unpleasant as Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 352September 24, 2022 7:29 PM

R348 That’s not remotely incompatible. They’d spent 2 years doing everything this pair of cunts asked then suddenly, without warning, their jobs were gone.

R350 What “recordings” exactly?

by Anonymousreply 353September 24, 2022 7:30 PM

And Meghan doesn't understand why she wasn't wanted at Balmoral the day of HM's death? Or why they weren't invited to the reception with government officials following the service of Thanksgiving during the Jubilee? They had to hermetically seal the nanny in the aircraft for fear of leaks. Damn, they play a nasty game.

I hope we hear more from Lorren!

[QUOTE]When Harry and Meghan went to Canada for their six-week break in November 2019, their escape plans were already laid, amid the greatest secrecy. Meghan would not even tell their nanny, Lorren, where they were going. According to one source, she did not know where they were going until the plane — a private jet — was in the air.

by Anonymousreply 354September 24, 2022 7:32 PM

Even if you are miserable in a job, you want to leave on your own volition, not unceremoniously dropped with no warning.

by Anonymousreply 355September 24, 2022 7:33 PM

R342, bingo. Says to me they knew it wasn't going to last in some form,

R365: I'm in North America and I ordered it from Amazon yesterday... should ship over by some time mid-October but may be sooner. I've got some stuff from the UK fast. But again doesn't actually hit distribution til Oct. 6?

by Anonymousreply 356September 24, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote]“I can’t believe I’m not getting paid for this.”

Margaret: "Did you neglect to mark it on your timesheet as "billable hours?"

Elizabeth: (laughs)

Angel enters.

Elizabeth: A gin and Dubonnet, thank you. Margaret, would you like anything?

by Anonymousreply 357September 24, 2022 7:39 PM

[quote]Part of the problem, according to one source, was that everyone in the Palace was too genteel and civil: “When someone decides not to be civil, they have no idea what to do. They were run over by her, and then run over by Harry.”

I literally laughed out loud at that one! So much for the dreadful grey men! "I say, old chap." "Don't ask me. Such dreadful manners!"

[quote]Two years later, Meghan’s narrative would once again be at odds with the memories of those who once worked with her.

What's the phrase? Recollections may vary?

by Anonymousreply 358September 24, 2022 7:40 PM

What's going on in Montecito? Are they like screaming "Lies!" at their iPhones? Are they capable of going "Oh, fuck"?

by Anonymousreply 359September 24, 2022 7:41 PM

I highly doubt either of them care. When people are coming after you 24/7, it must just become background noise.

by Anonymousreply 360September 24, 2022 7:44 PM

Oh Meghan and Harry do care , they read all the comment sections about them . That's part of their problem too .

by Anonymousreply 361September 24, 2022 7:48 PM

I've always thought there was a basic misunderstanding at the beginning of the relationship on the Palace's side. If you are even a supporting actor on a British TV series, you are used to the tabloids taking an interest in you (generally negative) and you are relatively famous. In the UK, the BBC, Sky, ITV and Channel 4 don't really produce that many TV shows. It isn't like here where there are probably a hundred TV series nobody has ever heard of on cable channels nobody ever watches, producing "content". The Palace and Harry probably thought Meghan was used to being famous and having the media invading her privacy.

But she wasn't. I had never heard of her or Suits before she started her romance with Harry. And her only contact with the media was through Suits' publicists which naturally gave her flattering coverage trying to boost her and the series. But that coverage was pretty minimal. So I suppose she thought all that fame would translate into 10 million puffpieces. She wasn't prepared for criticism or the tabloids' habit of building celebrities up the better to tear them down.

Basically, a misunderstanding and if Harry and Meghan had waited like William suggested so she could get a better idea of what the media coverage would be and find out if she could deal with it - Chelsy couldn't - they would probably have broken up. She had wanted to be a big star her whole life and she had imagined it much different from how it turned out. s

by Anonymousreply 362September 24, 2022 7:49 PM

What are the laws about surreptitious recording in the UK? Can a recording be made without the other party's knowledge or consent like Omarosa did when she secretly recorded Trump with her pen? It's legal in DC. In my state it's illegal unless it's to capture evidence of a crime. I can see how staff would be very tempted to record interactions with the couple, especially the woman who was phone stalked by Meghan. I wonder if the offices have interior security cameras. Even if there aren't recordings, the electronic trail is too damning to dismiss.

One thing that I took away from this excerpt is that it appears Meghan lied to her lawyers about the provenance of the MbS earrings. This would be the second time, at least, that she has lied to them. The other lie being about her participation in Scobie's book for which she had to apologize to the court to avoid perjury charges. Lawyers don't like it when clients deliberately mislead them. It makes them look bad and possibly unethical. How long before Schilling drops them?

by Anonymousreply 363September 24, 2022 7:49 PM

R362 Meghan wanted that kind of fame though but she had to hire her own paparazzi and that probably also gave a her a warped sense of what it would be like . And when she finally had that kind of fame she didn't like it at all because she could no longer control her own image .

by Anonymousreply 364September 24, 2022 7:54 PM

r361, you're confusing your sexual fantasies with reality again.

by Anonymousreply 365September 24, 2022 7:59 PM

British: "Recollections may vary."

American: "You lying sack of shit."

by Anonymousreply 366September 24, 2022 8:10 PM

Diana and Fergie called the courtiers "the grey men" because in their time in the BRF the courtiers they worked with were all socially-conservative middle-aged or older men. (They also wore grey because it was such a popular suit color for Establishment dress in the UK in the 80s and early 90s.)

But the palace recognized that having younger royals (particularly women who married into the family) working with older conservative men was a mistake because they tended to be bullied by the older male courtiers, so after Diana's death the palace much more frequently assigned younger people in their thirties to the younger royals. Moreover, it also began to be recognized that not only men should be courtiers but that women should be too. Harry and Meghan (especially) love the term "the grey men" because it makes them out to be victims, like Diana; but in actuality they were mostly served by women and men in their 30s.

by Anonymousreply 367September 24, 2022 8:12 PM

great point R367

by Anonymousreply 368September 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Don't believe the propaganda. Chelsy's problem wasn't with media coverage of the BRF, it was Harry's cheating, boorishness and overall stupidity that drove her away .

by Anonymousreply 369September 24, 2022 8:43 PM

So after the hullabaloo made about Clarence House employees being given notice a few days after the Queen died, just after a church memorial, turns out Harry & Meghan dumped their staff just the same. In fact, in probably the way they did it was EXACTLY in line what was reported about the Charles situation which, on closer examination, was not as abrupt and insensitive as it was made out to be. I'm sure the Sussex staffers that cried are the type of people that don't want to think the worst of people (i.e. that Meghan is a "narcissist sociopath) and just beat themselves up every time they got yelled at; now, after how hard they tried to be better for Meghan and Harry, they've been unceremoniously sacked. I'm sure other staffers of the more cynical sort hit the bar with each other to celebrate.

by Anonymousreply 370September 24, 2022 8:53 PM

Basically, Harry and Meghan quit their jobs with no notice and expected to keep receiving their salaries, the company car, health insurance coverage, per diems, etc.

by Anonymousreply 371September 24, 2022 8:55 PM

[QUOTE]I'm sure the Sussex staffers that cried are the type of people that don't want to think the worst of people (i.e. that Meghan is a "narcissist sociopath) and just beat themselves up every time they got yelled at;

You bring up an excellent point, r370. The staffers probably came from genteel middle or upper middle class families (maybe aristocratic families?) and, if I'm to rely on stereotypes about the British, that kind of yelling and carrying on just doesn't happen in those families. (yes, probably an overgeneralization) They probably didn't have the exposure to such diseased types or life experience to be able to make heads or tails of them. When "normal" people with little or no experience deal with personality disorders, they're unsettled and usually try to be nice and amenable in situations and become confused why there's no improvement or recognition for efforts. Some realize what's up and disengage, some become codependent and ensnared in their web. What's awfu is that they don't know how to deal with them because they haven't developed the skills and internal resources to handle such pathology, hence the crying., if anything due to the exhaustion.

I grew up with an irredeemable mean, narcissistic mother. She was the weird lady in the neighborhood; she picked fights with every next door neighbor we had. She belittled my entire life. But I developed a tough skin. I've never cried in a work setting (I'm a female). I used to work in a crisis mental health facility right after college, and when we had a house full of Axis II disorders, the stress was through the roof. But, fortunately I learned the skill of gray rocking and my employment wasn't contingent on pleasing the lunatics in the asylum.

Yeah, tl;dr. In short, I feel really bad for the captives at Kensington and understand their reactions. The younger ones at least were babes in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 372September 24, 2022 9:22 PM

Basically they're just not nice people and they'll do whatever they want with no shame. I wouldn't be surprised if they read Ayn Rand and agreed that selfishness was a virtue.

by Anonymousreply 373September 24, 2022 10:02 PM

R343 I would certainly be surprised if they were capable of discerning meaning from Ayn Rand!

I struggle to picture intellectual conversations from Harry, Archie is probably fast approaching his reading level

by Anonymousreply 374September 24, 2022 10:07 PM

Both Harry and Meghan are mentally ill. He's also dumb. She's very manipulative, a real schemer. A terrible combination.

by Anonymousreply 375September 24, 2022 10:32 PM

Yeah, I doubt that they are big Ayn Rand fans. Harry because he's a moron who doesn't read anything, and Meghan because she's under the delusion that she is selfless and helps the "little people," which definitely does not feature in any Ayn Rand book.

by Anonymousreply 376September 24, 2022 10:49 PM

Are narcissists aware of their folie de grandeur?

I figured Meghan was a manipulative, scheming, lying, pretentious, pushy, fake, phony, cunt.

Does the narcissism explain why she was so BAD at this? Many manipulative, scheming, lying, pretentious, pushy, fake, phony, cunt, who are pretty and not mentally ill, rise to the top with these techniques.

by Anonymousreply 377September 24, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]No one is going to come take away their money or force them to live in an isolated cabin in Siberia

We have acclimatized them to THE COLD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378September 24, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote]Textbook bullying- the continual, harassing phone calls.

[quote]How will these two lie their way out of this one?

Butt dialing.

by Anonymousreply 379September 25, 2022 12:13 AM

I love that photo of Meghan at r360 with her eye makeup smeared and her crazed eyes bugged out.

She looks just like the furious and wigged out Mercedes Ruehl when she shows up at the hotel room door in "Married to the Mob" to kill Dean Stockwell.

by Anonymousreply 380September 25, 2022 12:18 AM

(Sorry--I meant at r349, not r360)

by Anonymousreply 381September 25, 2022 12:19 AM

I notice this thread has been greyed out...the Meghan cult must be at work....it wasnt greyed out a few hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 382September 25, 2022 12:26 AM

It's been grey at least since this morning,

by Anonymousreply 383September 25, 2022 12:37 AM

What was the "row about the gospel choir" for the wedding all about? I never read the details of that particular row.

I'd like to see Meghan put in the same room with Kathleen Battle and see which one survives.

by Anonymousreply 384September 25, 2022 12:38 AM

r347 do they really need to be at the Coronation?

by Anonymousreply 385September 25, 2022 12:40 AM

R252 I just want to say I see you, I hear you, I don't know why the reading comprehension here suffers badly on random posts but it seems yours was one of them. Great post, not at all pro-Sussex, didn't deserve the negative reactions.

by Anonymousreply 386September 25, 2022 12:41 AM

^Do you think you could highlight the post you're referring to, or do you expect everyone to paw thru 100 messages? Rude.

by Anonymousreply 387September 25, 2022 12:45 AM

I don’t think they’ll go to the coronation. I don’t know how they can take yet another cool reception. By the time it rolls around Harry’s book will be published. I don’t think the family would really want them there either. I’m not fan of Charles, but it’s pretty sad for him.

by Anonymousreply 388September 25, 2022 12:48 AM

[quote]The other lie being about her participation in Scobie's book for which she had to apologize to the court to avoid perjury charges.

Again, no. One of her aides gave information to Scobie and she knew about it, but she didn't know what the information was. Her original statement was that she didn't give specific information to Scobie, and later had to clarify that she did know the aide gave that information.

At no point was she threatened with perjury. That's another one of those things you guys invented which you now tell people is true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389September 25, 2022 12:48 AM

Meghan's on the phone to Scobie every day. Give me a break. She dictated everything.

by Anonymousreply 390September 25, 2022 12:49 AM

If Sparklrs opens her huge mouth, count on a lie coming forthwith.

by Anonymousreply 391September 25, 2022 12:49 AM

LOl yes, telling an aide what information to give to Scobie is way better than telling him directly, Keep trying!

by Anonymousreply 392September 25, 2022 12:52 AM

Is any of this new? I’ve already heard about her rudeness to staff, the tiara business and senior staff concerns about the Duchess. I haven’t heard anything about the crying over tights on the flower girls. They should title this book “Rehash #.”

by Anonymousreply 393September 25, 2022 12:59 AM

From R2: "Jason Knauf did not join them because he had recently broken his collar bone." How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 394September 25, 2022 1:09 AM

R389 - the fact that you can't name the aide suggests that you're not as familiar with what transpired as you think you are. The information was transmitted to Jason Knauf via emails and personal meetings with him with the express purpose of passing it along to Scobie and Durand

Why did you lie or did you not read your own reference?

[QUOTE]But in new evidence heard on Wednesday, Jason Knauf, the couple's former communications secretary, said the book was "discussed on a routine basis" and "discussed directly with the duchess multiple times in person and over email".

[QUOTE]He also discussed planning a meeting with the authors to provide background information and said Meghan had given him briefing points to share with them, including information on how she had "very minimal contact" with her half-siblings during her childhood.

This is Datalounge, not some site devoted to Q and MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 395September 25, 2022 1:11 AM

r248 said

[quote]However, I suspect manipulative Meg will counter with a pregnancy which will provide her protection

Chrissy Teigen is a good example of this, now that she is pregnant again people are treating her with kid gloves. She and Meghan would either be best of friends or tear each other apart.

by Anonymousreply 396September 25, 2022 1:12 AM

"I'd like to see Meghan put in the same room with Kathleen Battle and see which one survives."

I'd pay full price for that PPV! And place a large bet on Battle!

And I bet that Charles is going to push to get the coronation over with before Harry's book comes out, and not just because of potential embarrassment. He'll still have a little hope that reconciliation is possible, or at least, a payoff. Because yes, Charles can definitely afford to stop the publication of a book.

by Anonymousreply 397September 25, 2022 2:25 AM

HARRY IS A SPOILED ASSHOLE:

A book written by The Times' royal correspondent Valentine Low claims that, during a five-hour flight from Tonga to Sydney, Harry's press handlers promised he would thank the media for being there.

Mr Low writes in 'Courtiers: The Hidden Power Behind the Crown' that the couple appeared once the plane had landed, with Harry "sounding rushed" as he told reporters: "Thanks for coming."

The prince then reportedly added: "Even though you weren't invited."

An extract reads: "This was spectacularly rude — and incorrect. The media had been invited to cover the tour."

Harry's staff are later said to have told him "how badly" the comment had been received, to which he reportedly replied: “Well, you shouldn’t have made me do it.”

by Anonymousreply 398September 25, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote] "Jason Knauf did not join them because he had recently broken his collar bone." How did that happen?

Probably he corrected a spelling error she made.

by Anonymousreply 399September 25, 2022 6:01 AM

[quote]One of her aides gave information to Scobie and she knew about it, but she didn't know what the information was.

No, R389. From your own link:

[quote]The Duchess of Sussex has apologised to a court for making a misleading statement in her privacy case against the Mail on Sunday's publishers. The Appeal Court heard she had asked an aide to pass on information to the authors of a biography - despite having earlier said she "did not contribute".

Meghan had to apologise for MISLEADING the court. She said she hadn't participated in Scobie's book when in fact she had. Does anyone on earth believe that she forgot participating in a book about herself? Come on now.

As for being 'threatened" with perjury - not directly, no. I don't believe that's how the UK legal system works (she either would be charged or she wouldn't be). Without the apology - and technically even with it - she was definitely leaving herself open to perjury charges, though. She lied to the court. She said she had not participated in Scobie's book when she had, and there was proof.

by Anonymousreply 400September 25, 2022 6:20 AM

Hmm...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 25, 2022 6:25 AM

I remember the articles about the "Even though you weren't invited" remark. Journalists really don't like people who dislike the media, and Harry HATES the media. When he made the crack there were multiple journalists who said he's mentally ill, tortured, obsessed with us, etc. Lots of melodrama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402September 25, 2022 6:32 AM

Meghan want the only one accepting freebies, though... And William didn't get his lawyers involved for his sister in law the way he did for his wife in the same situation.

The posters on here act as if the BRF are so ethical that Meghan was the only one doing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403September 25, 2022 6:36 AM

For the millionth time R401 its their character that is the issue, not her race.

by Anonymousreply 404September 25, 2022 6:40 AM

This is important information R403. Has Gayle King been notified?

🙄

by Anonymousreply 405September 25, 2022 6:45 AM

The 2nd excerpt is less compelling. For those of us convinced that MM is a basic, grasping, climber, it reads as confirmation. But for those who believe the kind, humanitarian, victim narrative, the stories can easily be reframed to her advantage.

I do like the Times' choice of pics. In the first, all Harry's missing is a lobster red face and can of beer in his hand. And another one shows why H&M can't be popular with progressives--they're dolled up in their colonist gear while the natives perform.

by Anonymousreply 406September 25, 2022 7:12 AM

Meghan's aides branded her a 'narcissistic sociopath' over her demanding behaviour - and gave themselves the name 'Sussex Survivors Club', new book claims

The book describes the Sussexes’ deteriorating relationship with their staff – a ‘succession of... decent people’ who had believed in Meghan and ‘would have done anything’ to help the couple succeed.

But it alleges that aides came to believe that Meghan’s departure was premeditated and that ‘one of [her] concerns was whether she was going to be able to make money for herself’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 25, 2022 7:25 AM

I wrote this before...when you read about MM's behaviour at the Reitman's shoot, the way she treated the crew, and the demands she made of the hotel, you have to wonder if she is insane. She was not some mega-diva commanding millions of dollars for a performance like Beyoncé or Rihanna. No one outside of Canada had ever heard of her. Yet she behaved as if she were famous on that level. And given that she had come from a Hollywood tech background, where her father had been far more important and significantly better paid than she had ever been, you'd have thought she would have been more respectful to the crew.

by Anonymousreply 408September 25, 2022 7:35 AM

I'd read that R11, but only for the forward. Love that ghostbitch!

by Anonymousreply 409September 25, 2022 7:38 AM

[quote] The other lie being about her participation in Scobie's book for which she had to apologize to the court to avoid perjury charges.

[quote] Again, no. One of her aides gave information to Scobie and she knew about it, but she didn't know what the information was.

R389 Megs has the mother of all control jones. She would not allow an "aide" to randomly provide information to anyone without knowing EXACTLY what that information entailed. Another one of Megs lies.

by Anonymousreply 410September 25, 2022 8:04 AM

The staffers were crying because they lost their jobs. Getting a job at the Palace is an enormous deal. They were probably hoping that if they could withstand the abuse in this one assignment they could be promoted to greener pastures. And suddenly all that work is wasted because they no longer have Palace jobs.

Also, they suddenly had no jobs at all. Not a nice thing to spring on anyone, abused or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 411September 25, 2022 8:25 AM

Lol r410, wtf fuck does "free gifts" mean? Gifts are by definition something given to you for free. If they were gifts that Kate had to give something in exchange for, then that would be the real problem.

by Anonymousreply 412September 25, 2022 9:06 AM

[quote]Harry's staff are later said to have told him "how badly" the comment had been received, to which he reportedly replied: “Well, you shouldn’t have made me do it.”

For as much as the Harkles worship at the altar of Saint Diana, you'd think as a middle aged adult man Harry would recognize how his mother used her charm to play the press like a fiddle (often against his father). Yes, she bitched about the press attention, but she actively courted it. If one day they went away & never came back, she'd be devastated. As a younger man, you can understand the resentment but as an older man who wants to make (some kind of) an impact, you'd think he'd recognize that without the forum of the press, he's just talking to himself. William clearly gets that & their press clearly shows he's managed to win them over with charm, a nice attractive family, a pleasant word now & then, etc. But why didn't Harry ever have this revelation?

by Anonymousreply 413September 25, 2022 9:12 AM

Harry once said he looks forward to going to war as it would be like his video games

""It's a joy for me because I'm one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think I'm probably quite useful," he said"

by Anonymousreply 414September 25, 2022 9:48 AM

I have a mother just like this too r372. I've been onto Markle from day one. One look at her social media confirmed everything you needed to know.

by Anonymousreply 415September 25, 2022 10:48 AM

R401 If Diana would have hated Meghan (and probably Kate too ) . She went after Tiggy because her sons liked her too much , she would have been the mother in law from hell . Also , Diana was an aristocrat and monarchist and proud of it , there is just no way she would have supported Harry's current behaviour

by Anonymousreply 416September 25, 2022 11:17 AM

R413, I think he and Meghan planned to do it their way (which wasn't available to Diana), i.e. only speaking to media they choose and using their own social media/website to communicate with the public. During Megxit they proclaimed that in future they'd only be talking to hand-picked media outlets, and their Megxit manifesto was posted on their Instagram.

The strategy hasn't worked for them because they had to give up their respectable Instagram (and I'm guessing Harry hasn't yet OKed a celeb-style Instagram), I doubt anyone checks out Archewell's website, and their choice of media hasn't been great, either. Meghan made a fool of herself on the Ellen show and let The Cut portray her in all her ridiculousness.

by Anonymousreply 417September 25, 2022 11:22 AM

Harry and William were well over 30 when MM came onto the scene. He and William would have shared many, many tales about would-be gold diggers, star fuckers, and opportunists of every kind. How is it MM got through the net? One look at her shabby past, eg suitcase girl pics, should have rung every alarm bell.

by Anonymousreply 418September 25, 2022 11:24 AM

R417 Diana had Richard Kay on stand by . He was basically her Scobie.

by Anonymousreply 419September 25, 2022 11:35 AM

I worry what this "war of the books" will do to the reputation of the monarchy. Andrew was bad enough. Does Charles have a knife sharp enough to truly create a leaner royal family that puts all of the baggage to the rear and can serve the UK well in the coming years, without the constant drip drip of tales of bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 420September 25, 2022 11:48 AM

Harry called out the right people #racistbritishpress #racistbritishmedia whose agents I see working on these boards like little cockroaches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421September 25, 2022 12:01 PM

The more they attack the RF the more they rise in the polls. Plus it makes Dook & Douchess of Overseas look more & more like tone deaf, spoiled petulant rich folk. Spoiled, moaning, crying spoiled baby Rich folk will face more & more hatred as things get harder & harder for the poors.

by Anonymousreply 422September 25, 2022 12:43 PM

r421, there's no way Harry came up with that on his own

by Anonymousreply 423September 25, 2022 12:52 PM

r403, Did it not occur to you William used his lawyers because Emily Andrews was wrong? He isn't the one who sues everone all the time. Why the fuck should he pay lawyers to defend his brother's wife? That is on Harry and Meghan. They want to be treated equally to William but somehow he is expected to act as their protector? What crap.

by Anonymousreply 424September 25, 2022 1:09 PM

R384 The row with the gospel choir: basically Meghan rejected every arrangement to the song they sung at the wedding; she had them at wits end up until the 11th hour when she finally gave her approval. Additionally, Meghan hadn't wanted a gospel choir in the first place; that was Charles' idea (he's a fan of gospel). I doubt she was ready to out-and-out fight with Charles at this point, so she probably took out her displeasure at being "controlled" on the choir. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 425September 25, 2022 1:12 PM

I doubt she could even tell the difference between the dozen different arrangements of "stand by me" but was flexing as usual

by Anonymousreply 426September 25, 2022 1:17 PM

One more argument to the argument Kate taking freebies may have essentially been the publication of incorrect information. It was 2018 (assuming the alleged take was 2018 here) but in any event, Kate had been married and an HRH at that point for seven years and involved with William since 2003. It is unlikely freebies wouldn't pass through other hands before coming into her possession and unlikely she wouldn't have well know the rules by then.

by Anonymousreply 427September 25, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote]I wrote this before...when you read about MM's behaviour at the Reitman's shoot, the way she treated the crew, and the demands she made of the hotel, you have to wonder if she is insane. She was not some mega-diva commanding millions of dollars for a performance like Beyoncé or Rihanna. No one outside of Canada had ever heard of her. Yet she behaved as if she were famous on that level.

No fan of Narcle, but somebody else upthread (or elsewhere) phrased it in a way I remember: we've all had this boss and at the root is insecurity. That's not insanity, just garden variety nasty. Plus, there's plenty of ambitious people with a little stature who get places by acting entitled and gambling nobody's going to say anything.

by Anonymousreply 428September 25, 2022 1:50 PM

Thank you R425. Messing with the gospel choir... nice way to treat your supposed heritage. The ultimate Bridezilla.

by Anonymousreply 429September 25, 2022 2:24 PM

The real issue Meghan never understood is that the Royal Family has a unique relationship with Staff and Servants. In many cases Staff and servants stay in service through the Royal Family over generations.

Like servants at Balmoral , Windsor , Sandringham. They will have been employed at the local village and their father , grandfather etc will have served as well.

The way many of the staff and servants are treated are almost as family. The pay is not great. But they are incredibly loyal.

So for Meghan to bully staff and servants is unforgivable in the Royal Family’s eyes. You can just tell.

by Anonymousreply 430September 25, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote] So for Meghan to bully staff and servants is unforgivable in the Royal Family’s eyes.

And, if true, never mind the Royal Family. That's a mistake a wily, shrewd climber wouldn't have made.

Noblesse Oblige is on the syllabus for Beginning Gold-Digger 101

That's the true Markle fuck-up here.

by Anonymousreply 431September 25, 2022 2:40 PM

[quote]The pay is not great.

They're poor. They do pay what they can.

by Anonymousreply 432September 25, 2022 2:46 PM

The sad thing is had Harry and Meghan just gone their separate way and complained and explained to their therapists instead of the whole world, which can't do a damn thing about it anyway no matter who Is telling the truth, then their relationship with the BRF would be OK and they would be a lot more marketable and most of this stuff would never have seen the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 433September 25, 2022 2:51 PM

R433 when they first left, I thought 'well, good for them', they want to lead a private life. But of course they don't, they want to be Celebrities and their only marketable skill is trashing the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 434September 25, 2022 3:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!