Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Star Wars - Andor

Anyone watching this? I was so excited and looking forward to this but I'm really bored and disinterested just watching the first episode. Does it get better. They released 3 at once.

by Anonymousreply 184December 2, 2022 5:02 PM

Why don't YOU watch the three episodes and report back.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2022 6:50 AM

r1, trying but it may take a while. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan btw.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2022 12:57 PM

I stopped watching Boba Fett early on and begrudgingly kept watching Obiwan even though it wasn't that good.

I thought these first three episodes were some of the most promising Star Wars content I've watched. It actually feels like a show for adults rather than a show for kids, I never thought I would say that about a Disney+ show. And actually assumes the viewer has some intelligence rather than hamfisted dialogue with the subtlely of an anvil. It does start off a little slow, it takes the time needed to set the stage and develop the world and characters, I don't consider that a bad thing. And don't worry OP, ep 3 is action packed for you

I was pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2022 6:54 PM

I did finish the first one. It wasn't bad but I wasn't riveted. But I am watching the 2nd tonight and will see. I don't feel any connection to Star Wars. I'm fine with another planet and new people (although we saw him already) but I want to see or hear more about the Empire (just one mention) or see a familiar type of droid. Even the garbage can droid. I just need an anchor to Star Wars, to get more excited.

by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2022 12:50 AM

r4=op

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2022 12:50 AM

Agree that episode 1 was slow, but by episode 3 I was really digging it. And like R3 said, it feels much more “adult” than the other Star Wars shows, which is a very nice surprise.

by Anonymousreply 6September 23, 2022 1:28 AM

My understanding is you have to binge watch all three and treat them as a single episode.

by Anonymousreply 7September 23, 2022 1:29 AM

They made a mistake releasing them as separate episodes. They should have released the first three episodes combined as a giant sized premiere. Taken that way, it's frankly stunning. And yes, very adult, especially by Disney standards. Very different for SW and thank God someone is doing something out than fan service and Easter eggs.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2022 9:20 AM

I’ve been a lifelong Star Wars fan and started struggling with the shows after Book of Boba Fett. That being said, apparently Andor is excellent and everyone I know started raving at episode 3, so I would say to keep on until then and drop it if you’re not into it by the end of 3.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2022 9:24 AM

I’ll be honest…I watched half of season 1 of The Mandalorian, and all of Obi Wan. I’ve come to the conclusion that Star Wars just isn’t for me. It’s hard to care about a franchise where there are never any stakes.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2022 9:36 AM

Love it, but I've been a SW fanboy since 1983 (when I watched my first Star Wars movie as a kid)...

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2022 9:37 AM

It's okay. It's not my favorite, yet. Once the empire gets involved I think I will like it more.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2022 8:12 PM

I'm glad the changed the title from Either/Or.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2022 8:32 PM

HUGE Star Wars fan here and I fucking hated it.

The costumes look like something from a Sid and Marty Kroft show. There is a used ship lot complete with the flags that used car dealerships have today and a voice over a loudspeaker. I kept expecting Cal Worthington to pop out. Don't even get me started on the music. At the end of Episode 2, someone comes in jamming on a drum set. A drum set in Star Wars. Fucking horrible and John Williams is likely shaking his head. The story is all over the place. I couldn't tell you anyone's names or their relationship to Andor. The girl finds out the man she's fucking has betrayed her friend and gets pissed, then freaks out when he's killed and acts like she's lost the love of her life. The set design sucks ass. I don't know why Fiona Shaw signed up for this as this is below her to do. The back story where he is a kid is boring and the lack of subtitles for what they are saying in their native language was a bad choice. When the main fighter/tribes woman gets killed, I didn't care as I don't know who she is/was to Andor and why he freaked out so bad that she was killed.

Disney should be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2022 8:46 PM

R14

Goooood...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2022 9:37 PM

The third episode was great. I love that ship breaking and junkyard aesthetic. And I have such a crush on Diego Luna. It's ich better than The Book of Boba Feet and Obi Wan Kenobi.

by Anonymousreply 16September 25, 2022 9:38 PM

^much better

by Anonymousreply 17September 25, 2022 9:42 PM

I love r15. -r14

Diego Luna is so milquetoast it's sad. The third episode was just as bad as the rest. Why did they arrest the girl simply for "looking scared?" So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 18September 25, 2022 10:04 PM

Are there plenty of Andorians in it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 25, 2022 10:57 PM

A Sid and Marty Krofft angle is the greatest selling point thus far.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2022 1:16 PM

The 4th episode was my favorite so far. Stellan Skarsgård and the actress playing Mon Mothma really upped it for me. Diego Luna really isn't able to carry the show, so thank god Stellan is stealing the show, when he is on screen. I don't care about Andor to be honest, happy that we got some Empire in this show.

I'm still watching, hope it gets more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2022 7:15 AM

[quote]The set design sucks ass.

I couldn't disagree more. These actually feel like real places, that's one of the most impressive qualities of the show.

I continue to be impressed by this show. Nothing I've seen in Star Wars has felt this well written, that really works for me.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2022 3:11 PM

Totally agree about the writing. The story is very well told. And the dialogue is layered and intelligent, like an HBO show or something like The Americans. It’s almost weird hearing people in a Star Wars show talk in something other than primary colors.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2022 9:25 PM

I love it. Like everyone has said, it's Star Wars for adults, the villains are multi-dimensional and not cartoons, it uses "show don't tell" storytelling, it shows the mundane inner workings of the Empire, and how "real people" live, and makes the SW universe feel larger. And of course I adore Diego Luna and Stellan S.

by Anonymousreply 24October 2, 2022 9:35 PM

Nancy Walker is alive and well and living in a galaxy far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2022 12:12 PM

Only the original Star Wars movie was any good. I've not been able to sit through any after that.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2022 12:19 PM

R26 The Empire Strikes Back says you lie!

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2022 12:42 PM

Episode 4 was better, but not by much. The space ranger returning home to mommy was stupid and cliched. But Mon Monthma is a good character to know more about. Andor is the least interesting person on this show.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2022 7:05 PM

I’m three episodes in and don’t know what to think of this show. Not really a Star Wars fan but this still seems kind of unnecessarily drawn out.

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2022 8:15 PM

I agree about Andor himself - charisma free. Too short and too anonymous.......

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2022 8:31 PM

r29 yep. The first three episodes were horrible. I almost didn't watch the 4th because it seemed pointless. At least episode 4 felt a little more like Star Wars but this show is terrible. Not sure why it's getting such rave reviews. Been a Star Wars fan my entire life and this is the worst thing that Disney has done although the "Visions" episodes I couldn't even get through.

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2022 8:39 PM

If you like things that feel like stereotypical Star Warsy and have enjoyed the Disney+ shows so far it makes sense you wouldn't like this one r31. The people who are raving about it are doing so precisely because it isn't like most Star Wars content. Most Star Wars stuff is simple popcorn blockbuster fare, this is trying to create a more prestigey-feeling drama that is set in the Star Wars universe.

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2022 8:51 PM

r32, Star Wars is supposed to be fun and fantastical. That's exactly what makes it Star Wars.

This is boring and drab.

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2022 9:29 PM

I’m on Episode 5 and the most I can say is this seems like a series where the dramatists are trying to do as little as possible so as not to disturb the production design. Or something.

by Anonymousreply 34October 7, 2022 10:41 AM

The casting of Ebon Moss-Bachrach amongst all these British actors is just funny. Where is he supposed to be from?

by Anonymousreply 35October 7, 2022 10:45 AM

While I did laugh at him being the only American actor surrounded by Brits, this supposed to be a show about an people from across an entire galaxy. There should be different accents! But you can definitely tell this was filmed in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 36October 7, 2022 2:37 PM

The first three episodes didn't do much for me. The look and feel of the series is good, but Andor isn't that interesting a character.

by Anonymousreply 37October 7, 2022 3:44 PM

That was the entire problem with this show, r37. Andor wasn't an interesting character in Rouge One and he's still not in a show completely about him. The actor doesn't have much charisma or personality other than anger or suspicion.

One of the things people loved about Star Wars was the humor. There were plenty of humorous moments in all the films and lots of fun with how they were shot (Lucas loved showing the POV of being in a star ship going at lightspeed or a pod racer from the POV of the cockpit or the speeders on Endor). He was the father of motion rides because those moments in the theater were thrilling as you actually felt you were ON the vehicles. Star Wars at it's core is pure escapism into a fantasy world where you rooted for the good guys and booed the bad. This show has muddied that. Andor is a murder and a morally murky so it's hard to root for a character like that. He's Han Solo sans the humor and attitude. He's just blah. I've yet to laugh while watching this show. Instead I just roll my eyes at how seriously it's taking itself. Someone along the line dropped the ball with this because they thought they could show how "Adult" Star Wars could be. The thing is, Star Wars is about letting adults feel that wonder and hope again and we were all along for the ride. This one is just muddy, bleak and boring. We all know Andor is going to die so what are the stakes here, really? It's just filler.

by Anonymousreply 38October 7, 2022 7:14 PM

Diego Luna is more of a "type" than an actor.

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2022 9:01 PM

The Syril stuff and his mother was funny in episode 4 but it's painful in episode 5. This character is such a fucking loser that his mother is trying to get him work. Put this incel with the blonde imperial character who seems to know what she is doing and have her kill him.

I really don't know what his point is.

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2022 7:39 PM

My oldest friend, who is also a huge Star Wars fan just texted me, "Well, I just slept through most of Andor."

I warned her.

by Anonymousreply 41October 11, 2022 2:36 AM

Andor is by far the best Star Wars ever since Rogue One and the original movie.

Yes, the first episode is slow... it takes time to do the world building, character introductions, and plot set-up. The third episode is where the first two episodes is paid off (think of it as one 90 minute movie). It then just takes off from there.

The show is SO DAMN GOOD. Best quality of any Star Wars production ever.

by Anonymousreply 42October 11, 2022 4:16 AM

Bullshit, r42. How much is Disney paying you?

Episode 5 was a snooze fest. Andor screaming at people not to touch him, screaming at people not to touch his stuff. Why? Never explained. Not only that but the security officer dude and his mom was excruciatingly bad. I don't know about anyone else, but his storyline should have ended when he was fired. The only thing I'm watching it for is Mon Mothma's back story but I couldn't even tell you what the fuck is going on. Is her husband(?) in cahoots with the Empire? Is she living a double life? Oh yeah, and let's throw in the tired cliche of the surly teenaged daughter who thinks her mother is a self centered bitch. And let's keep going back to the blonde Imperial officer who is just hanging around the office with her assistant because she just "knows" a Rebellion is rising. The Rebellion began even before the Empire came to power so why are they pretending that there isn't already one?

This show is written for morons.

by Anonymousreply 43October 11, 2022 4:26 AM

Not bullshit. Seriously, I have no idea what the fuck your problem is... EVERYONE I know loves Andor and is saying it's the best. Maybe we all just have IQs higher than room temperature, and can appreciate a show that is well done but that doesn't have car chases and explosions every five minutes to keep your ADHD-addled brain entertained.

The show is amazing. It's real, it's gritty, it's deep, it's got amazing characters, amazing sets, amazing atmosphere, and the plot is really good. I literally have no fucking clue what your sorry ass is complaining about. Nobody needs to pay me to point out a great show is great.

I'm just sad it's only going to be two seasons. The final episode of season 2 will lead directly into Rogue One.

by Anonymousreply 44October 11, 2022 4:53 AM

R44 Everyone.....you and your fur babies?

by Anonymousreply 45October 11, 2022 5:00 AM

No, R45. I'm referring to half a dozen of my closest friends. Maybe you don't know what those are. We're all LOVING this show. Just admit you're too dumb, too impatient, and too unable to focus on anything that isn't a car chase or an explosion. I'm sorry this show isn't for you and that you're unable to appreciate its brilliance and quality. But that's on you. That's not a problem with the show.

by Anonymousreply 46October 11, 2022 5:08 AM

[quote]This show is written for morons.

This is something only a moron would say. The show was written for people who appreciate good story-telling, good characters, and quality entertainment that isn't jump-cutting and rushing around like a parent jangling keys to try and keep an infant's attention.

by Anonymousreply 47October 11, 2022 5:09 AM

Well, r44 I saw Star Wars in a theater in 1977 when I was 8. I was OBSESSED with it as were almost all my friends. I can quote the entire film verbatim as can my best friend. I still have all my original toys from the 70's and it was what made me want to be in the film industry. I've seen almost every thing Star Wars related. Anyone saying this is a great show is not someone who knows Star Wars. I even hate the Star Wars "lands" at Disney as they are based on all the new films which were entertaining but not even close to the original trilogy. In fact, Disney knows their pitiful Batuu is so bad that they literally had to make a virtual reality game about it to try to make it seem like it's part of Star Wars. I just finished the game last night and it didn't change my mind. I consider myself a super fan. Been to all the Celebrations when they come around. Yeah, I know, I'm a total geek and a loser.

The Mandalorian was excellent. Boba was meh. Obi Wan had some great moments but was harmed by the horrible story line of Reva and her terrible acting. I was not really looking forward to Andor when it was announced because his character didn't interest me in the least in Rogue One. And I was right that this show is terrible. They are setting up the Mama's boy officer to be some sort of Javert to Andor's Jean Valjean only Andor isn't a bread thief. He's a murderer.

If they fuck up Ahsoka, there will be hell to pay. But it's Dave Filoni so I have high hopes. And I'm not r45. Apparently there are more of us who can see this show for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 48October 11, 2022 5:09 AM

I'd rather see Diego kiss another dude. Garlic Garcia Bernal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2022 5:23 AM

For the life of me, I don’t get why anyone wouldn’t love this show. I think it’s amazing. But to each his own.

The one genuine flaw, in my opinion, is the episodic structure. The first three episodes and these last three should have been combined into two giant 100 minute movies. Either that or they should release three episodes at a time.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2022 10:41 PM

The pitch for Andor: “We’re going to do the MOST BORING version of Star Wars ever! The paint will just be cracking off the walls with BOREDOM!”

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2022 12:17 AM

Stupid people can't appreciate subtlety or nuance. Andor isn't for toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2022 12:20 AM

It is for toddlers. Show it to them to get them to fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2022 12:23 AM

I think the issue is that the show ISN'T for toddlers. No cute Baby Yoda, no cutesy comedy droid, no Wookiee fella.

Critics complain about it being as drab and grim like one of those Scandinavian crime shows.

by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2022 12:43 AM

It's not even remotely boring. It's amazing. I love every minute of it. It's so well done.

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2022 12:44 AM

Episode 6 was stunning! The single best piece of SW product I've seen since... *trails off like Obi-Wan*

It's brilliant in the way it humanizes everyone. No one is a simple cartoon baddie or goodie.

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2022 1:06 AM

Today's episode was INTENSE.

The whole thing is a heist story so far... who doesn't like a good heist story?

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2022 2:14 AM

What an episode! It’s still so baffling to me how this show, of all the Disney + Star Wars shows, turned out so much better than the rest. Like, it’s not even close. Also, the set piece of them escaping on the ship through The Eye event was one of the most gorgeous and awesome things in the entire series!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2022 4:58 AM

That was the most boring heist since Steve McQueen’s Widows. It just never really got going, did it? It completely lacked tension or any momentum. So dull.

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2022 6:30 AM

Pretty weird you R59 keep watching such a boring show. You must be on the spectrum. Maybe the next episode will feature some jangling car keys.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2022 7:47 AM

Well, I thought it was building up to a great heist sequence that would propel this snooze fest towards a season finale.

But I don’t think there’s anything, one single reason, to tune in for next week. Not one.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2022 10:38 AM

I agree with you, r61. Spoiler Alert: Can someone please explain why the other mercenary dude was all, "We were doing this for him! We need to save him!" and then he turned around around and tried to steal from them? Why would he care if he was just going to steal the credits? Made zero sense but I guess they needed another "bad guy" for Andor to murder to present this milquetoast character as some sort of bad ass, morally superior mercenary. It would have been better had Andor been the one wanting to save the kid. And I cared not one iota that the former stormtrooper dude got offed. And why did they leave the Indian girl behind?She apparently just sauntered out the front door even though every single person they tied up could identify her.

I might keep hate watching this just to continue to laugh at how bad it is.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2022 12:20 AM

^ Douche

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2022 12:21 AM

I'm a douche because I question the writing on such a shitty show?

Sorry you have terrible taste in entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2022 12:23 AM

IT, never stops.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2022 12:25 AM

r62, he needed to do that, so they could make a detour, and stop before the rendezvous. He did not care about saving the lad, just getting to the other drop off. He knew of this other doctor. Was it an actual doctor or just some 4 armed friend who couldn't save him at all.

My issue with this show is Andor/Luna, he is boring and the actor is charisma-less. There wasn't enough character development who gives a shit about someone that doesn't give a shit about the rebellion. I like some of the supporting characters and when the empire is on the screen, I am more excited about the show. I like Mon Mothma and Stellan's character, they are the beginning of the resistance and it links me to star wars.

I don't need baby yoda or R2D2 but I liked the initial droid. Droids connect me to the star wars universe so I miss them not being around, this doesn't mean I'm a toddler. And the 4 armed doctor was the first non-human. What I liked about Star Wars was it's galaxy that included different species, not everyone on every planet was a human. This show has lost that. Bring in a Twilek, I say.

This is not the best SWs. Mandalorian has been the best series so far. I enjoyed Obi-wan and Boba Fett a bit more than Andor but I'm not giving up yet, I have enjoyed Episodes 3, 4 & 6, but this show seems very arc set up and some of the the lead ins are extremely dull and slow. I would advice people to not watch weekly and just binge this shit, for the complete arcs at one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2022 6:19 AM

Shhhh, r66. You're not allowed to have an opinion other than it's "Star Wars for adults and the best series, ever." You'll be labeled a troll just for pointing out that it's dull.

I agree that Mandalorian is the best of the original series' so far. I think Ashoka is going to be great.

by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2022 10:02 AM

The Boba Fett show was by far the worst. It was literally terrible. The only two good episodes of that crapfest were actually episodes of The Mandalorian (Mandalorian season 2.5?).

Andor and Mandalorian are both great, just in different ways.

And R62/R64 is a douche because he clearly doesn't understand what he's watching so he "hates it" and calls it "bad writing", when the reality is he's just not paying attention and doesn't actually get it. Whatever. Not every show is for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2022 3:28 PM

R66 how would he have known that the kid was going to get hurt?

R68, I'm usually high when watching this show because otherwise, it's just too dull.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2022 10:06 PM

R62, c'mon! The mercenary guy had to get back to The Original Beef of Chicagoland to help Carmy with the lunch shift!

by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2022 9:50 PM

r66, he didn't but he talked about them taking the money after the kid was hit. And he was the one that suggested the doctor that HE knew after the kid was hurt. There was no elaborate pre-planning. The kid got hurt, he knew a guy. He got them off their original rendezvous spot so he could broach the plan to Clem. Would just be them against the woman who led the crew. Not hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 71October 17, 2022 12:33 PM

the above was for r69, I am r66

by Anonymousreply 72October 17, 2022 12:38 PM

Andor was great this week. 1. Mention of Palpatine. 2. More Imperials. Stormtroopers 3. Droids, and yes THAT Imperial Droid. 4. other species not just humans.

Felt more Star Warsy to me. I was very drawn in. I'm feeling good about what is to come.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2022 11:07 AM

I'm curious where they are heading with all the plots. Syril in his dead-end job (why does the guy even matter?), Andor in prison, etc.

Noticed Robert Emms as one of the Supervisors in the meetings. So far he seems nothing but a glorified extra.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2022 5:32 PM

The thing I love about this show is how great it looks... how grounded it is. It seems real. Lived in. Like the original movie.

The visual style, the characters, the interrelationships, the simmering tensions, the subterfuges.

The direction and effects and sets and costuming and everything are just fantastic.

We'll only ever get two seasons of this, but I hope it's a sign of future things to come.

I'm still pissed at Boba Fett. It was so terrible, and it turned an iconic character into a boring pussy.

by Anonymousreply 75October 20, 2022 6:17 PM

Excellent thus far, even the slow episodes. It’s keeping me engaged. Luthen’s shop assistant Kleya’s outfit almost had me thinking it was Leia ordering the hit on Cassian. Maybe it actually is lol.

by Anonymousreply 76October 20, 2022 7:33 PM

"Star Wars: Andor has been easily one of the best things that Star Wars has ever done, week in and week out. It frankly isn’t even a competition. The Disney+ show, which focuses on Diego Luna’s Cassian Andor prior to our first introduction of him in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is a new era for the galaxy far far away and comes at a perfect time for the franchise."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 21, 2022 1:41 PM

The last episode was great...up until that cringy last 10 mins. My god that shit was horrid. The music supervisor should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2022 4:29 AM

R78, I literally have no idea what you're talking about... what did you think was cringy?

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2022 5:59 AM

All of the stuff at the resort. Just bad.

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2022 8:49 PM

It's very good. The empire is much scarier than ever because it hits close to home. You can see the fear.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2022 10:40 PM

I wonder if Sibyl will turn and work for the rebellion. But the last episode made me think he won't. He is still full of anger.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2022 10:42 PM

^Syril

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2022 10:42 PM

I could see Syril thinking if he infiltrates the Rebellion and gains some intel, The Empire will take him back, only to get himself either killed or seriously harmed in the process. The actor looks cute, but the character is pretty pathetic so far.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2022 10:53 PM

Everyone with a mother like Syril's deserves a break and some form of redemption.

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2022 11:00 PM

These ISB officers are much scarier than the cartoonish Emperor ever was.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2022 11:57 PM

Haven't posted here before, but I'm loving this show. Mistakenly thought until today there's only eight episodes per season, so I was ecstatic to learn there's four more on the way. Beautifully crafted, best thing on TV right now, along with Interview with the Vampire.

I love the actor who plays that ISB ice queen's assistant, Jacob James Beswick. His soft faggy voice is beautiful and so soothing to listen to, though I wonder how many times he's been turned away at casting calls in the past because of it. He makes me appreciate my own gay voice, which I thought was impossible as I've hated it for so long now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 26, 2022 5:47 PM

Another episode, another insanely immersive and fully formed world.

I think that it’s already better than rogue one (from the same people). Give them another movie or three immediately. And another TV series or three.

I mean, Mandalorian is great, but more kid-friendly, while this is more grown-up.

I am just so blown away by this show. This is incredible storytelling. That and the details. I love how real and gritty this all is. Prequels were so...clean. The world building feels so real you can smell it

by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2022 10:32 PM

Anyone have an idea of what they're building in that prison labor camp?

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2022 10:53 PM

Maybe it's the deathstar

by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2022 11:59 PM

I doubt they build something the size of a small moon with slave labor at that slow pace. Also, by this point in time, isn't the Death Star already under construction? Didn't "Rogue One" show it under construction? This is only a few years before that.

by Anonymousreply 91October 27, 2022 12:59 AM

It could be in construction and they are continuing to build the parts that go on it.

by Anonymousreply 92October 27, 2022 1:04 AM

Gears for AT-AT legs. Who knows?

But yes to everything R88 said. This show is immersive and has deepened the SW universe so much.

by Anonymousreply 93October 27, 2022 1:22 AM

I agree with this article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 28, 2022 2:23 PM

Loving the show, but has anyone else noticed the change in the music? Were the early episodes so synth heavy?

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2022 10:59 PM

Are there hot guys fucking?

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2022 11:41 PM

The music is the absolute WORST. One of the things Star Wars was always known for was how it changed music in films. This show is made more terrible by the choices of music. When people say it's the best Star Wars ever, they clearly weren't alive when the first 3 films came out. The music was so incredible.

This piece of shit show is like Wal Mart Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 97October 31, 2022 4:28 AM

If you hate it so much, why don't you stop watching it and posting about it then?

R95 The composer has been changing up the music in every episode (even the "theme" music changes) to suit the tone or place of the episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 31, 2022 11:27 AM

Didn't SW used to have good music?

Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 99November 2, 2022 7:38 AM

I like the music. I find Andor has some hits and misses. Some excellent episodes and some that are meh, boring. I find the ones mostly about Andor to be zzzzzz. He is my least favorite character but I love the ensemble of the show. The ISB, Mon Mothma and that twit Syril. Gollum is great too.

by Anonymousreply 100November 4, 2022 3:06 AM

While the heist arc was brilliant, I’ll admit that the second half of the season has been a bit boring. But I’m still highly engaged in the early rebellion. I love how Mon was not ready for how messy it would get. The ISB perspective is also really intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 101November 4, 2022 3:24 AM

I keep hate watching it ONLY for Mon Mothma. In my opinion, her character deserved more of a series than this murder.

by Anonymousreply 102November 4, 2022 3:55 AM

Okay. I loved episode ten and the prison break. The aerial shot when they all swim away…will Mon sacrifice her kid?

by Anonymousreply 103November 10, 2022 1:26 PM

Agreed, R103! Not sure how much more story they can fit into the last 2 episodes, but it’s been really enjoyable so far.

I think Mon will absolutely marry off her daughter for the rebellion. We know she’s all in and that’s just the kind of dark, human story I wanted to see about the photo-rebellion.

The prison shot was beautiful as well. I was kinda thinking the entire facility would turn out to be a part of the Death Star or something, but the setting was gorgeous as is. Seeing the huge internal volume submerged beneath the ocean was surreal.

And Stellan is such a fantastic actor. I wonder how things will work out with Meera. Will she turn? Will dark-Leia shopkeeper lady have to fight her? Or maybe Vel? I think the ISB will end up getting Stellan’s character and maybe Syril will help and finally join the empire like the fanatic he is.

by Anonymousreply 104November 10, 2022 2:02 PM

*proto-rebellion

by Anonymousreply 105November 10, 2022 2:03 PM

[quote] The prison shot was beautiful as well. I was kinda thinking the entire facility would turn out to be a part of the Death Star or something, but the setting was gorgeous as is. Seeing the huge internal volume submerged beneath the ocean was surreal.

The entire prison segment reminded me a lot of 70s George Lucas, but the George Lucas of THX1138. That’s a compliment.

I had been close to giving up on the show because despite it being well made, so little had happened, but they hooked be back.

by Anonymousreply 106November 10, 2022 2:09 PM

Every week, I'm stunned anew at just how good this show is.

I don't understand why it seems to be so under-appreciated.

It's freakin' brilliant. The writing, the acting, the characters, the story, the INTENSITY.

No light sabers, no jedi, no force powers, and it's easily the best thing Star Wars has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 107November 10, 2022 5:28 PM

It's Game of Thrones in space. Palace intrigues and the common folk suffering by the hands of the upper class until they can no longer bear it.

It's great and the right kind of dark to set itself apart from the expectations of family friendly Disney handling a property like Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 108November 11, 2022 10:46 AM

I just wish the various plots intersected more.

by Anonymousreply 109November 11, 2022 11:02 AM

When Andy Sirkis’ flawless and brilliant performance is overshadowed by the amazing monologue by Skarsgård, you simply have to take your hat off and say this is the best piece of gritty, realistic sci fi since ... ever.

by Anonymousreply 110November 11, 2022 1:45 PM

Episode 10 was amazing. Hands down 10/10.

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2022 10:49 PM

This week's episode elevated the show from my favorite Star Wars property, to my just plain favorite TV series.

by Anonymousreply 112November 12, 2022 3:47 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 113November 12, 2022 4:31 AM

I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with people who find this show boring. It's tense and intense and NEVER for a moment boring.

What, not enough car chases and explosions for you? Michael Bay more your speed? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 114November 12, 2022 4:54 PM

r114, no it was boing initially. I created this thread. It didn't have much connection to the rest of the franchise and it was hard to stay interested. It has made up for it and has won me over.

So yep is was boring. It knew it had this build up arcs and that is why it released all 3 to start. Then 4, 5, 6 arc was also tough with the two leading up to the heist. But since episode 6 each episode has been better than the next. I'm all in

by Anonymousreply 115November 12, 2022 6:21 PM

I thought it started slow also. Once it got to the third episode it picked up. Also, understanding the series structure of 3 - 4 episode arcs made me understand and appreciate it more.

by Anonymousreply 116November 12, 2022 7:10 PM

it's boring an cliched and trying WAY too hard to be "edgy" for SW. Part of the charm of the original trilogy was that we KNEW without really being shown that the Empire was evil. We knew from Empire and ANH that they tortured people. We knew Darth Vader was a bad ass. Think about how they would show Leia about to be questioned by the interrogation droid...and then cut away to something else. Or Han Solo being lowered onto the torture device but we never had to see them tortured because we saw the aftermath. Star Wars originally was a Western set in space. Yes, it had some pretty interesting dog fights and lightsaber battles but there was also a magic to it and it was good, clean fun. I remember the thrill of being IN the cockpit as they went into hyperdrive or through an asteroid field or a space battle. The classical style music was amazing and everyone knows the music now and how it changed the storytelling of sci fi movies. It wasn't digital shit or sounding like something being played on a casio keyboard. It was a huge symphony that was grand and rich. Star Wars was classic good versus evil set in space.

This show has throw every sci fi trope in that they can think of, including the horrible music that is more apropos to Stranger Things or Blade Runner. It has zero soul and it's inexcusable and embarrassing. The main character is un interesting and is a murderer. There's nothing special about him. The effects in this show are a joke...a four armed doctor that resembled the shit my siblings and I would do where one of us would stand behind the other and we'd have four arms. The last two episode prior to the season finale were so boring in the prison...how many times did we need to see them building whatever the fuck they were building? The direction in the show is so in your face with trying to be "different and edgy" that it fails to do either. The character of Syril and the shit with his overbearing mother had me rolling my eyes every single time they had to hit me over the head with "see how overbearing his mother is?" Yes, we got it the first time. Oh look, if you step on the floor in the prison at night, you will die. Lets make sure you get that by showing it a few times.

None of the characters are memorable except for Mon Mothma but we already knew about her. Couldn't tell you the name of her sister or her sister's lesbian lover.

It's all just so in your face that it completely sucks the magic from what Star Wars is. Yes, I want my Star Wars to have some Jedi stuff and some action sequences and maybe even some cute alien creatures...why? Because that stuff is the heart of what Star Wars IS. This show is so far removed from the Star Wars I know and love that it actually makes me cringe when I watch it and see the absolute mess that it is. There have been small moments where it felt like maybe it was Star Wars but I can count on one hand those moments. It really seems to me that people are trying way too hard to convince others that this show is the GREATEST STAR WARS SHOW EVER, when it's mediocre at best and boring as shit at worst.

by Anonymousreply 117November 13, 2022 1:46 AM

r177, you lost me when you said the last two episodes before the season finale...Those episodes haven't happened yet. What do you mean. Episode 10 with the prison break was amazing. We haven't seen the last two episodes as here are 12 this season. There was nothing better than that prison break so far.

Mon Mothma's COUSIN Val is the lesbian. You are so clueless you can't even speak of what you don't like. And if you gave up on episode 9, with 3 left that as a big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 118November 13, 2022 4:43 AM

Sorry, r118, I have to watch it high so I can laugh at what an utter shit show it is.

by Anonymousreply 119November 13, 2022 5:11 AM

I have to watch it begrudgingly because my husband likes it. I am much much much more into Star Trek. The first several episodes were so boring I read a book instead (my usual preference anyway). I only got interested in it once they started the prison scenes. That storyline was actually interesting.

by Anonymousreply 120November 13, 2022 5:31 AM

I want Diego in me deeply

by Anonymousreply 121November 13, 2022 6:09 AM

r119, that explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 122November 13, 2022 11:39 AM

I like the show very much but when posters are saying, "It's the best Star Wars show ever because it is so UNLIKE Star Wars", they aren't making a very good argument as to why a Star Wars fan should like it.

by Anonymousreply 123November 13, 2022 4:36 PM

R117 is so full of shit, and dear god, that post was just vomiting text and was utterly unworthy of reading. Talk about boring and cliched. Just sit down and marinate in your absolute wrongness.

by Anonymousreply 124November 13, 2022 4:58 PM

The show is great at creating that 80s syfy style from the first movies.

by Anonymousreply 125November 13, 2022 5:08 PM

There's SO MUCH to be said about episode 10, it's just staggering. But to focus on the literal elephant in the room, this has to be one of darkest, coldest, most sinister depictions of future incarceration and law enforcement Ive ever seen put out for general viewing in the 50 plus years of viewing, writing, and enjoying all forms of fiction.

The component of forced highly technical labor for a massive, critical purpose is also quite harrowing. A few of my friends who work on the line building cars in the US said the whole structure, regimen, Foreman's directives and goal driven environment is eerily familiar and very disturbing. "It's like my job." I couldn't stop thinking about this. Star Wars has had a quiet backstory of slavery through all the films, but this series won't let us turn our faces away from it and all its forms.

by Anonymousreply 126November 14, 2022 1:45 AM

It's very dark, especially for a Disney show.

by Anonymousreply 127November 14, 2022 1:20 PM

I’ve always liked Star Wars since I was a kid, but I’ve given up these days. If I’m honest, I don’t think any of the movies since in the original trilogy are particularly great and I can’t be bothered with the numerous new shows. I watched one episode of Mandalorian and was incredibly bored so I decided it wasn’t for me. There’s just too much SW content now and so much of it just middling or outright poor.

by Anonymousreply 128November 14, 2022 1:28 PM

Great penultimate episode. Nicely sets up everyone : Cassian, Vel, Luthen, Sinta, Syril, and Dedra - heading to Ferrix for a big confrontation. I can’t wait to see how they wrap the season up.

by Anonymousreply 129November 17, 2022 1:36 PM

I’m beyond into it (as a kid had the toys literally when they came out). Andor is a bit of a slow burn- I did need to watch Rogue 1- however as a result- super enjoying this series. It’s nice to see Andy Serkis doing something beyond green screen- and the overall art direction (I mean the textiles alone) are very very well done and considered. Looking forward to seeing where they take it!

by Anonymousreply 130November 17, 2022 1:39 PM

The "but it's not Star Wars-y enough" losers had nothing to bitch about this episode. There was a cute sad droid, really cool aliens, and a kickass space fight. All done really well. Skarsgard is a motherfucking badass!

by Anonymousreply 131November 17, 2022 4:02 PM

The laser roll was 🤌

Luthen is a really great character and Stellan just pulls you in with his intensity.

by Anonymousreply 132November 17, 2022 7:10 PM

If you haven't seen Rogue One, you need to.

Much like this series, it's a slow-burn at first... the first act is particularly slow, but it lays so much groundwork. And the final act is just fucking AMAZING, with one of the best endings ever.

by Anonymousreply 133November 17, 2022 11:06 PM

The ending of Rogue One is brilliant. It builds and builds filling in all the gaps of the original 1977 film and gives it real depth. I was floored the first time I saw it.

by Anonymousreply 134November 17, 2022 11:10 PM

Yeah. If you haven't seen the original Star Wars movie ("A New Hope"), then you should definitely watch that BEFORE you watch Rogue One.

by Anonymousreply 135November 18, 2022 2:55 AM

I just assumed that what the slave/prisoners were working on was the catalytic converter for the Death Star.

In fact, I half expected to see a cameo by Mads Mikkleson as Galen Erso having to make an inspection of the product.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2022 2:48 PM

No spoilers for the finale - but make sure you stick around for the post credits scene!

by Anonymousreply 137November 23, 2022 12:46 PM

Thanks for the alert, r137!

by Anonymousreply 138November 23, 2022 1:24 PM

As cute as I find B2EMO, he underlines the things I've never understood about droids. With C3PO, I don't understand why you'd program a droid to be scared of everything. I REALLY don't get why you'd program one to be depressed.

by Anonymousreply 139November 23, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote]As cute as I find B2EMO, he underlines the things I've never understood about droids. With C3PO, I don't understand why you'd program a droid to be scared of everything. I REALLY don't get why you'd program one to be depressed.

In the settings, droids aren't really programmed to have feelings or a personality. This is usually only something that happens if droids aren't memory-wiped regularly. They become persons, if people in the setting allow them to grow.

by Anonymousreply 140November 23, 2022 7:01 PM

Also, I won't spoil it, but Maarva's "Tell him I love him more than anything he could ever do wrong" just hit me square in the chest.

I know, Padawan MARY! over here.

by Anonymousreply 141November 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Ditto, r151. That line killed me, too.

by Anonymousreply 142November 24, 2022 1:02 AM

Wow, that finale! So many great moments, but I think my favorite was Mon Mothma throwing her husband under the (space) bus. Followed by Luthen's quiet reaction to the Ferrix riot -- Skarsgard is so damned good.

Oh, and watching the Gestapo chick literallly eat dirt.

I'm going to miss this show.

by Anonymousreply 143November 24, 2022 10:23 AM

It was a fantastic season and an excellent finale.

I grew up with SW in the 80s. I read the novels, played the video games and roleplaying games as a kid in the 90s, and somewhat disengaged after the prequels. I still love the world building and basic formula, but I've grown old and my tastes changed accordingly. The Mandalorian is a fun show, to be sure, but it's not complex and layered enough to really fulfill my storytelling needs.

Andor did, however, and I'm really grateful for getting such a kick out of SW again since forever. It's the best SW content since TESB, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 144November 24, 2022 10:53 AM

It would be so cool if, next season, Galen Erso, made a brief cameo appearance.

by Anonymousreply 145November 24, 2022 11:55 AM

I'm just glad that Star Wars remembered that it's actually about fighting fascism, not merchandising it.

When I die, A) you can have my stuff, and B) please feel free to make my ashes into a brick and then beat Nazis with it.

by Anonymousreply 146November 24, 2022 11:56 AM

Wilf Scolding makes my bussy feel a certain way, he wears fascism really fucking well.

That's it, everything else has been said already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 25, 2022 11:41 AM

[quote]Wilf Scolding makes my bussy feel a certain way, he wears fascism really fucking well.

His face makes him look older than he actually is (32 yo) but, damn, his body is fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Nemik's Manifesto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 25, 2022 4:02 PM

r148 Christ, I had no idea! Man is shredded for the gods.

by Anonymousreply 150November 25, 2022 4:12 PM

I expected another big death (Vel, other chick, Luthen, Bix, tall friend, at least the bomb kid), but it was a nice finale at any rate. Not sure we needed the post-credits scene, but it was good to answer that question.

Predictions for Syril and Dedra? Romance? Does she hire him? I think it would be damn cute and interesting to humanize her character.

Overall, Andor just feels like they’re putting effort into Star Wars again. This is the show people have been asking for.

by Anonymousreply 151November 25, 2022 4:22 PM

Also, those Chandrillan outfits were gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 152November 25, 2022 6:36 PM

Yeah, most of the Coruscant stuff was a feast for the eyes, from the outfits to the interiors. I wouldn't mind being a cog in the fascist machine if I looked like that most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 153November 25, 2022 7:00 PM

Star Wars was never about fascism. It was about Imperialism. The Empire actually represented the USA.

The ending was ok, but I was confused as to why they allowed them to have the funeral but then decided to push back against them. Honestly, Dedre is the most interesting character to me after Mon Mothma. She's a terrific actress and I enjoyed her performance on this otherwise mediocre show. It had it's moments, but it was just too damn boring most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 154November 26, 2022 2:54 AM

[quote] The ending was ok, but I was confused as to why they allowed them to have the funeral but then decided to push back against them.

It was made pretty clear on the show that they allowed the funeral to happen, because they wanted to use it as bait to capture Andor (Diego Luna).

by Anonymousreply 155November 26, 2022 5:52 AM

The show was fucking brilliant. If you're going to do Star Wars, this is the level it needs to be on. Makes all the other series so far look like a pale imitation. Even if you are not into Star Wars, it's just a brilliantly done show.

by Anonymousreply 156November 26, 2022 5:57 AM

I don't know if it counts as spoiler, but I fucking knew the show wouldn't waste Robert Emms to be just a glorified extra in all these high council meetings.

by Anonymousreply 157November 26, 2022 6:01 AM

Yes, I know that, r155, so then why did they freak the fuck out when they were holding the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 158November 26, 2022 7:06 AM

Love this first season - I found the acting especially superior.

by Anonymousreply 159November 26, 2022 7:14 AM

[quote]Yes, I know that, [R155], so then why did they freak the fuck out when they were holding the funeral?

The Imperials had postponed the funeral several hours and had allowed only 40 participants, but the people of Ferrix had zero fucks to give about the Empire's rules. That's why the Empire panicked; they knew that the whole thing was going off the tracks.

Do us a favor next time, try to pay attention. It's all clearly stated in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 160November 26, 2022 8:15 AM

[quote]Star Wars was never about fascism. It was about Imperialism.

I disagree, it's about both. Imperialism is too vague of a concept these days, anyway. Besides, adaptations evolve to capture the spirit of the time. It's not the '70s anymore.

by Anonymousreply 161November 26, 2022 8:27 AM

[quote]Star Wars was never about fascism. It was about Imperialism.

The Empire's foot soldiers are called Stormtroopers for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 162November 26, 2022 10:18 AM

[quote]Predictions for Syril and Dedra? Romance?

God, let’s hope not. He’s a little, um…. And she’s a lot, um….

by Anonymousreply 163November 26, 2022 10:26 AM

[quote] Star Wars was never about fascism. It was about Imperialism.

Oh it's definitely about both. And they often go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 164November 26, 2022 12:00 PM

The only explanation I have for the whole random focus on Syril and Dedra is that out of the relationship comes the most important part of the Star Wars Universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 26, 2022 1:17 PM

I can't ship Dedra and Syril. The idea of a romance between the two is beyond creepy. It would not be hot but awkward on too many levels.

They both are people driven by work. But taken out of work they are completely hollow people. Syril is a mess without a purpose. He is trying to connect with Dedra because I guess he sees that in her also. I can't imagine her without her job. In a romance? They are very alike but she is competent at her job and he wasn't much more than a peon and wanted to be a hero. He would bring Dedra down.

However, she might need another underling as Cinth killed her former one. She might bring him to the job if he doesn't continue to be too obsessed with her and Andor it could work to give him purpose as an Imperial stodge. But I see him fucking up royally and getting his neck cracked via zoom by Vader.

by Anonymousreply 166November 26, 2022 2:39 PM

Star Wars was always about fascism. And a lot of other things. You don't call your grunts Stormtroopers without that.

Lucas would always make wide leftist friendly gestures. America is the evil empire, but an evil empire in America would most likely be fascist. A collection of various nations would be the rebel alliance, and such a rebel alliance would have signifiers inclusive of Europe, Asia, South America, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 167November 26, 2022 2:59 PM

R165 bad link. "Not Allowed". So maybe try again.

by Anonymousreply 168November 26, 2022 4:32 PM

It was truly a brilliant show. The writing, directing, acting, casting, costuming, special effects, everything was top-notch.

I just have no idea where the idiots claiming it was 'boring' are coming from. It was thrilling, it was tense, it was suspenseful, it was breathtaking.

It was complex and deep and rich and so well put together. And I can't wait to see what is in store for season 2.

All we really know about season two is that it will be four three-episode arcs (each arc taking place over hours or days), with significant time jumps between each arc (months or years). And that the final arc will lead right into the beginning of Rogue One.

by Anonymousreply 169November 26, 2022 4:35 PM

Questions--does the ISB still think it killed Axis on Spelhaus? If so, Dedra is going down.

Why is Vel? Like what is her purpose? Why is she just running at the end?

And what is Luthen? Just a guy? Or some kind of force sensitive person?

Who did everyone swear an oath to? I read somewhere it was Padme...

by Anonymousreply 170November 27, 2022 10:15 AM

r169. Some people need to watch it in arcs. I did not after the first 3, and got into it more. I could hold on till the next week but some other viewers gave up too soon. It was dead boring by episode 2. But I kept going and 3 seemed to promise excitement to come. The arcs would have the initial set up, which I found fascinating, then a boring middle episode and then a pretty explosive 3rd to finish the arc. There was some boring stuff leading up to the heist, I'm not going to lie but after that arc, it was all fire each episode. I know people that gave up in that spot. So it was not a perfect show. That part was a slow, boring patch with Andor and the rebels on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 171November 27, 2022 4:02 PM

r170. I'll try. Axis: We don't know if Bix told the ISB that Creagor was Axis. They never showed her answer. Dedra and her crew went with the idea that Axis identity was known by Andor. That was the hold business of Ferrix. So I don't think when she headed there they had certainty. They don't know. They seemed just happy because the Emperor would stop being in their face about the payroll robbery. To their knowledge Creagor pulled that off. Likely ordered by Axis but no certainty he was him.

Val or Vel, she is the link from the rebels to civilian or closeted Rebels. Her family being Mon Mothma and Knowing the identity of Axis as Luthen. Her purpose is to show in the field sacrifices that people in the rebellion are about. We see those pulling the strings- Luthen and Mon Mothma doing what they need to do but in Val we see someone in love who can't have the relationship she wants because the rebellion comes first. She has to watch Cinth do all this dirty work and be okay with it and literally send her out in many instances where she might not come back. She is waiting for her to die and not come back on missions she sends her to do from Luthen. Not a great place to be.

Luthen is certainly not just a guy. Don't know if he is Jedi, force sensitive or a rebel leader but seeing him on screen, in action you know this man is incredible and necessary to the rebellion.

Padme? I didn't read any of that. My thoughts would be more to Bail Organa .

by Anonymousreply 172November 27, 2022 4:14 PM

You are a gem R 172. I'm going to guess that ISB thinks Creagor is Axis, which will buy Luthen some time, but then they will figure out it was not him.

Vel got an awful lot of screen time, which makes me nervous for her fate in season 2.

The Padme suggestion has been floating around--that rebels swear on her grave.

by Anonymousreply 173November 29, 2022 1:18 AM

I’m thinking Vel is going to end up killing Luthen (if his bitchy shopkeep doesn’t do it first) or the gf. Even then, I don’t expect anyone except Mon and the ill-fated protagonist to survive this show.

by Anonymousreply 174November 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Who is Creagor? I thought he was the dude Mon Mothma was allowing to set up the courtship with her daughter.

And WTF are the Daughters of Ferrix? Never heard of them in all the years I've been a Star Wars fan.

by Anonymousreply 175November 29, 2022 5:23 AM

[quote] Never heard of them in all the years I've been a Star Wars fan.

A great deal of stuff in this show is new.

by Anonymousreply 176November 29, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote]Who is Creagor? I thought he was the dude Mon Mothma was allowing to set up the courtship with her daughter.

The unseen leader of a different Rebel cell. Luthen attempted to get Saw's people to join up with him on the raid, at least until the ISB discovered the plans.

by Anonymousreply 177November 29, 2022 9:44 AM

I didn't like it, it was just too dark, grim, and joyless for my taste. I work in an ICU, and if I want to spend 12 hours with people who are miserable, stressed, terrified, and in danger, all I have to do is go to work! So "The Mandalorian" is infinitely more to my taste, even if Andor is intelligent and beautifully made, it's just my cup of tea. "The Mandalorian" isn't just misery, it's absurd and funny and exciting, and has moments of cuteness and sweetness! It makes me want to visit the Star Wars universe, while "Andor" is a reminder that overall, the Star Wars galaxy is a pretty fucking grim place to live.

Oh and BTW, was Luthen supposed to be the same guy as Max Von Sydow in "The Force Awakens"? The name is different, but people change their names.

by Anonymousreply 178December 1, 2022 5:26 PM

Oh yes, because being crushed under the heel of fascism is so joyful and bright ... you fucking dumbass at R178. Jesus.

The show is about FASCIST OPPRESSION and REBELION. What the fuck did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 179December 1, 2022 11:46 PM

When I check out entertainment, R179, I hope it's FUN!

Like, you know, most of the other Star Wars content? Loads of fun, spirit of adventure, occasional laugh lines or absurd situations, happy ending with joyous music. That actually is what made "Star Wars" massively popular, and it's why I love "The Mandalorian" and found "Andor" a dreary slog.

by Anonymousreply 180December 2, 2022 6:56 AM

[quote]I didn't like it, it was just too dark, grim, and joyless for my taste. I work in an ICU, and if I want to spend 12 hours with people who are miserable, stressed, terrified, and in danger, all I have to do is go to work!

I really love Andor and think it's perfect, but I think that's an understandable position.

(Thanks for your work in the ICU, R178!)

by Anonymousreply 181December 2, 2022 7:48 AM

It's all about what you want from your entertainment, escapism or relatability.

If something isn't for you, why waste your time with posting "well, this isn't for me!" online comments? Do these people go into supermarkets and loudly declare which products will not be put in their shopping carts? Attention seeking, much?

Oh, the product or the show SHOULD be something you'd enjoy, but you got maliciously tricked and it isn't after all? Sucks. To. Be. You.

by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2022 8:48 AM

Fight the Empire!

by Anonymousreply 183December 2, 2022 3:02 PM

R180 sounds shallow and dull.

by Anonymousreply 184December 2, 2022 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!