Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

”NOW & THEN” Portraits of Male Models Photographed a Decade Plus Apart

This looked like pure DL catnip feeding into its obsession with aging and the male face and body. I think we can agree wrestling singlet guy and Army sweat shirt guy are the ones in the fine wine category.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2022 3:52 AM

Songs of innocence, songs of experience.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2022 10:26 AM

Nose-job galore. What a pity. Plastic surgery should be illegal

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2022 10:27 AM

Two immediate impressions:

Time's a bitch.

More men need to pay attention to their undereye area as they age. Keeping the abs ain't enough.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2022 10:40 AM

None of them look terrible and some have barely aged at all.

I'll presume it was the deal with the Devil they all made.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2022 10:44 AM

It’s less interesting then it should be. I think the photographer should have waited twenty years.

Recognized Ryan Cooper and Jeremy Ludwig in the photos

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2022 10:51 AM

These are models. They probably took extra care to keep up their skin and overall health because their careers literally depend on it. This isn't exactly a realistic depiction of aging.

Show me photos of the average person 10 years apart and then we'll talk. The traditional rule will undoubtedly apply; White people age like milk no matter how you spin it, though White men don't age as badly as White women. Asians tend to look 12 until they reach about 70 and then suddenly look like Methuselah. Black and Brown people retain their baby faces well into their 30s and 40s, but the women tend to "fill out" significantly (read: get fat) as they age if they're not careful. And Native Americans are immortal.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2022 10:53 AM

This is LA, so all photos =

Pre herpes > Post herpes

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2022 10:56 AM

Most look better, more muscular, more masculine.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2022 11:39 AM

"Twinks models now young adults" of course they still look good. None looks older than 35.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2022 1:52 PM

All of these men seem to have maintained their bodies and skin too well, and some look nearly exactly identical. What’s the point? Maybe that’s the point.

If the photographer used male models that turned into sea cows or lost a leg or had horribly withered faces it would be far more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2022 2:25 PM

I can see the drugs and disappointment on a few faces but of course they all remained fuckably attractive and in shape.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote] None looks older than 35.

They each demonstrate the Datalounge mystique.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2022 3:14 PM

Obviously the ones who turned out badly didn't respond to the request

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2022 3:14 PM

Hi Helen Keller, above. Miss thing here was 35 in the first pic, and now, well. "Looks 35" in the classic DL sense indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2022 3:18 PM

Read the article

[italic][bold] These are not all taken ten yeas apart [/bold][/italic]

Some, as per the article are as much as 20+ years apart.

Which is why some models look so much older in the more recent photo.

[quote] one photo is of the subject from the early aughts and the other image is them recreating the same scene at least a decade [bold](sometimes two) later.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2022 3:22 PM

Oh honey, DL don't read articles. And some of them do, with shockingly little comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2022 3:25 PM

Proof that nearly all tattoos are hideous

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2022 3:29 PM

Nearly all of them look better in the 'older' pic IMO

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2022 3:32 PM

I'd still get with them today.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2022 3:32 PM

I’d dread to see the DL equivalent of time lapse portraiture. We’d probably be like prequel Yoda vs original trilogy Yoda.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2022 3:40 PM

Lol, R13. True.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2022 5:22 PM

I like this guy (#8) better today. Does anyone know his name?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2022 5:34 PM

I prefer his original nose - very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2022 5:36 PM

Why didn’t they call me?

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2022 5:38 PM

#8 is the one who looks the most different to me. It's not just the different hairstyle and facial hair, it's also that his eyes, nose, and lips look so different in the two pics.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2022 5:53 PM

Steroids galore. Chest hair norms have changed. The guy in the wrestling leotard arranged his dick in exactly the same position.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2022 5:58 PM

🙄 Thank you, Captain Obvious. We all clocked it instantly.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2022 6:02 PM

[quote]Nearly all of them look better in the 'older' pic IMO

Exactly my thought, R18.

But then "flushed with youth and a maybe a hint of early attempts at lost innocence" -- that's not my thing. The face if a man who knows his way around the world a little has more pull for me than a young man who hasn't yet brushed off all the dust from his fall off the turnip truck.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2022 6:17 PM

R28 that’s a rude thing to call a mother’s vagina

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2022 9:10 PM

Would it have killed them to label each photo with the time difference?

Or the model's phone number?

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote]that’s a rude thing to call a mother’s vagina

Rude but apt.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2022 9:46 PM

None of them have come close to aging as gracefully as Lena Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2022 9:49 PM

Lena Dunham is worth at least six of them!

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2022 9:50 PM

R22, that is Chris Dattola.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2022 3:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!