Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why doesn't Princess Anne get much attention?

She seems like the most normal of the Queen's children.

And just look at her devotion to her mother. You can see the real sadness on her face.

I hear that she is also the hardest worker in the family, next to QE2.

Unfortunately, even if she were the first born, she could never have been Queen.

Charlotte is lucky she was born in a different day and age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2022 7:43 PM

People appreciate her now for her hard work & lack of drama, but in her younger days, she had a reputation for being rather brusque and charmless. She also had a messy personal life/marriage before other BRF marriages imploded.

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2022 5:59 PM

She could have been queen is she had been an only child.

by Anonymousreply 2September 12, 2022 6:02 PM

She’s a horse

by Anonymousreply 3September 12, 2022 6:02 PM

^if

by Anonymousreply 4September 12, 2022 6:02 PM

I admire her most of the Queen’s children. She seems to be a strong , hard working, loyal personality who doesn’t suffer fools .

by Anonymousreply 5September 12, 2022 6:07 PM

The only one of the Queen’s children that doesn’t look FUCKIN OLD is Prince 🤴 Edward.

by Anonymousreply 6September 12, 2022 6:11 PM

Like R5 said PA is a hardworking no nonsense woman which is why we don’t discuss her much.

My favorite moment is when she refused to play nice with Trump during his visit as President.

by Anonymousreply 7September 12, 2022 6:32 PM

[quote]My favorite moment is when she refused to play nice with Trump during his visit as President.

I gave her props for that.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2022 12:20 AM

I do think she's probably unpleasant at close quarters but have a reluctant respect for her nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2022 12:28 AM

The only label she wears is "Drip Dry."

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2022 12:35 AM

I think she gets a good amount of attention, considering she's not glamorous and young. I don't mean that mean-spiritedly, just honestly.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2022 12:36 AM

Ugly.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2022 12:37 AM

A bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2022 12:39 AM

Couldn't Princess Anne have gotten some secret cosmetic procedures when she was young?

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2022 12:59 AM

For the Anne lovers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2022 1:00 AM

She likes being under the radar

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2022 1:01 AM

Anne is known as The Working Princess. I think she resembles her mother in this manner.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2022 1:02 AM

Speaking of...

[quote] Princess Anne said William and Harry would not 'have been able to cope' with Princess Diana's death had the Queen not kept the boys at Balmoral

Princess Anne once said her mother, Queen Elizabeth II, made the right call keeping Prince William and Prince Harry at Balmoral in the wake of Princess Diana's death in 1997, saying the young boys would not "have been able to cope" with the tragedy in London.

In a 2017 interview with ITV News that was released Sunday in the wake of Queen Elizabeth's death, Anne backed her mother's decision to keep the boys in Scotland following the Princess of Wales' unexpected death.

"My mother did exactly the right thing," Anne said, speaking to ITV News. "It's absolutely extraordinary that any right-minded thinking parent should believe there would have been an alternative to bring those children down here to London in all that hoo-ha."

She continued: "I just don't know how you could think that would have been the better thing to do."

"I don't think either of those two would have been able to cope if they had been anywhere else," Anne added.

Anne went on to call the decision the only good thing that came of the tragedy.

"They had that structure, they had people around them who could understand, give them the time, little time that they had, which was never going to be very much, to try and come — even in a fleeting sense — to terms with what had happened."

She added: "It's not possible for most people to do that in that space, never mind children at that age."

Prince Philip was also a source of support for William and Harry after their mother's death, as he is said to have to have promised them he would walk with them behind her coffin at her funeral.

In the same interview, Anne said her mother "led by example," with her children and grandchildren "watching and learning" throughout her unprecedented 70-year reign.

Princess Anne was among the Queen's children — including Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and newly crowned King Charles III — to walk next to her coffin on Monday during her procession before a royal funeral.

The princess also accompanied her mother's coffin on its journey from Balmoral to Edinburgh, riding behind it with her husband for six hours. A touching video showed Princess Anne curtsying at the coffin when it arrived at at the Palace of Holyroodhouse.

Queen Elizabeth II died peacefully at Balmoral on Thursday at age 96, as Buckingham Palace announced.

Princess Anne's comments about the "hoo-ha" Prince William and Prince Harry would have had to endure had they come to London following Diana's death are particularly poignant as thousands flock to London to pay their respects to the late monarch.

Indeed, those hoping to see Queen Elizabeth lie in state at Westminister Abbey may have to wait in queues of up to 30 hours long, and an ex-Met police has concerns that the Queen and those mourning her could be targets for terrorist attacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2022 1:22 AM

Because Joan Rivers is dead now.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2022 1:58 AM

Are they any books about Princess Anne?

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2022 3:22 AM

Haha.

Someone in the "Edward's Fake Medals" thread, said that Anne looks like Miss Hathaway from Beverly Hillbillies, in military dress.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2022 12:27 PM

Hmm, let's see now, she is quite homely and also a pompous bore. That just about explains it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2022 6:11 PM

In her younger days, I think she could be described as a "handsome woman" and she still looks pretty good, but at the very least, she should do something with her hair. Camilla was never the english rose that Diana was, but she's aged (and dresses) like an elegant older woman. With a bit of effort, Anne could be very elegant too, but that seems like the antithesis of who she is

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2022 6:21 PM

Horsemilla, elegant? LOL!!! Boy are you delusional!

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2022 6:25 PM

Anne is never boring.

He said: “I do remember, after a rather long-winded interjection by one of the Committee members, she had actually forgotten to turn her microphone off.

“She did manage to utter the immortal words, ‘I think this person is probably the most stupid person in world sport’.

“And this echoed absolutely around the room and she never flinched.

"It was as though it never happened and we just moved on, but it was probably one of my favourite moments.”

Lord Coe described Anne’s contribution to the London Games Committee as “seismic” and said she “doesn’t suffer fools gladly”.

by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2022 6:28 PM

"Doesn't suffer fools" is sort of code for "asshole." Just like her dad.

I saw the TV tribute they made for him and they were all struggling to say something remotely nice about him.

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2022 6:32 PM

Why doesn't she get attention? Because she's an ugly old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 27September 13, 2022 6:38 PM

A pompous bore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 13, 2022 6:40 PM

She doesn't seek attention, that's why OP.

by Anonymousreply 29September 13, 2022 6:53 PM

Because we are NOT one of her fannnssss!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30September 13, 2022 8:18 PM

She can't afford to seek attention, she is no Princess Diana, nobody gives a shit about her.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2022 9:49 PM

[QUOTE]nobody gives a shit about her.

Except for all those people who rue that she wasn't first born and was under the old system of primogeniture. She'd be a better, more level-headed monarch than Charles, minus the whining and self-absorption.

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2022 10:01 PM

Doesn’t suffer fools gladly in this day and age just means you’re trash who is rude to service workers and underlings.

Yankees, Jews, Indians, and other seething races take this a some kind of elevated behavior, but they all look like fools.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2022 10:10 PM

there was neither much brains nor beauty in that family (maybe Phillip in his prime) . Anne got the brains

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote]OP: Why doesn't Princess Anne get much attention?

What do you want, OP? For the Vice Admiral to give her a canter over to the shlubs popping bubble gum on the other side of the fence so they can offer her carrots and sugar cubes?

by Anonymousreply 35September 13, 2022 10:36 PM

[QUOTE]Yankees, Jews, Indians, and other seething races take this a some kind of elevated behavior, but they all look like fools.

Translation, please?

Yankee is a race?

by Anonymousreply 36September 13, 2022 10:39 PM

She was a handsome woman in her youth.

I've always liked her, she has a no-bullshit, "let's just get on with it" attitude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2022 10:42 PM

She’s a known dyke.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2022 10:50 PM

I love that she recycles her clothes. She still wears coats and dresses she's had for 40 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 13, 2022 10:51 PM

Dear, dear Helen Keller...

by Anonymousreply 40September 13, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote] She’s a known dyke.

That is a LIE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 13, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote]The only one of the Queen’s children that doesn’t look FUCKIN OLD is Prince 🤴 Edward.

That's because they're all fuckin old, dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2022 10:01 PM

She's the one who's made a success of her life as a "spare". She's done as good a job as she could as a working royal, she's done what she liked with her private life and had real success as an equestrian, her children turned out fine, so really, I think she's won at life overall.

Sure, she hasn't had a successful marriage, but butch straight women rarely do. And she's freaking butch, and too old to keep it under wraps!

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2022 10:24 PM

^well put R43, but I'd also add that after all of the drama from Charles, Di, Andy & Fergie, people developed an appreciation for her low key, no fuss approach. In earlier days, she'd be considered boring but after a lot of craziness & drama from the rest of the family, people realize that "boring" isn't necessarily such a bad thing. And her kids turned out well and are equally low key individuals.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2022 10:37 PM

R33, until I tried to read your post I didn't realize that there was such a thing as English as a Sigmoid Language.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2022 7:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!