Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The most perfect specimen of man you’ve ever seen

For me, it would have to be Clint Walker. Everything was perfection. Body, face, hair, voice…they don’t make ‘em like that anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 14, 2023 5:37 PM

From an era when men didn't claim to be non-binary.

Also, were steroids available in Clint Walker's era or is that divine body down to hard work, military service and just eating plenty?

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2022 7:15 PM

Why don't men like that exist anymore? Bottle-feeding? Highly processed food? Fluoride in the tap water? Gender-bending chemicals from industrial pollution?

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2022 7:27 PM

I love all the starry-eyed homos sitting in the audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2022 7:35 PM

Garrett Neff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2022 7:36 PM

are you 75?

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2022 7:43 PM

I always liked Hugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2022 7:44 PM

A Neff’s eneff

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2022 7:45 PM

Mr. Jude Law

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2022 7:46 PM

So what if he is r5? What are you going to do?

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2022 7:47 PM

leave dl if it keeps the geriatric skew.

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2022 7:49 PM

First thing first, they must be "UNMUTILATED," otherwise, they are not perfeect.

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2022 7:49 PM

R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2022 7:55 PM

My mother was in love with Clint Walker, so we had to watch that western show he was in on TV every week. My dad read the newspaper while the show was on. A guy who attracted my mom didn't appeal to me at the time, though I can see her point looking back now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2022 7:56 PM

Remember those episodes of "The Lucy Show" where Clint Walker guested as a construction foreman, who was overcome with the beauty of "young" Lucille Carmichael.

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2022 7:57 PM

Clint’s wingspan must’ve been huge. I love the episode where he falls asleep in Lucy’s lap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2022 8:04 PM

I saw the older Clint at a Hollywood autograph signing. THOSE SHOULDERS. I nearly fainted.

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2022 8:12 PM

R11. Absolutely correct. Perfectly intact.

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2022 8:16 PM

Tim Daly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2022 8:17 PM

Lee Marvin could not keep his hands off Waljer during their scenes together in The Dirty Dozen

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2022 8:17 PM

A perfect young man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2022 8:23 PM

R6, I don't know who that is, but he looks a bit like Errol Flynn

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2022 8:25 PM

OP, why are stuck in the 1950s? Or whenever

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2022 8:27 PM

Clint looks like he would break you in half if he boned you.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2022 8:28 PM

There isn't just one. There are several.

Robert Conrad and James Garner were gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2022 8:29 PM

Clint Walker was cursed by micronip.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2022 8:29 PM

The love of my life.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2022 8:30 PM

[quote]Clint looks like he would break you in half if he boned you.

But what a way to go!

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2022 8:33 PM

I recently saw this picture of Bobby Hull, a hockey player. He almost gives Clint Walker a run for his money!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2022 10:21 PM

Two words:

Sean Connery

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2022 10:32 PM

Big sexy Clint's wingspan can be seen here at the 3:28 mark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2022 10:44 PM

He was the perfect embodiment of the DC Comics version of Superman.

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2022 10:45 PM

Guy Madison was a beautiful man too.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2022 10:45 PM

Damn Jude Law looks hot in that New Pope trailer!!!! Love his body and hairy chest.

Is that a wig or something though, cuz. I thought he was losing his hair?

One of my hottest fucks ever was someone who reminded me of him bodywise and was South African so he had an accent (not the same but still) and was one of the hottest/biggest cocks I ever had :).

I think I liked hime mainly cuz he reminded me of Jude Law.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2022 11:09 PM

as a kid, got so horned up watching Lost in Space, always hoping for a shirtless scene. best I got was a lot of white t shirt scenes for Mark Goddard, aka, Major Don West

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2022 11:23 PM

Omid Scobie

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2022 11:24 PM

Glenn Scarpelli

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2022 11:27 PM

Jon-Erik Hexum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2022 11:28 PM

For R28

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2022 11:32 PM

“Specimen” is a very creepy word to use OP, like you’re a collector and have a half dozen of them in the basement incapacitated.

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2022 11:42 PM

JFK, Jr. for pure beauty.

Richard Gere for sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2022 11:46 PM

Pavel Novotny in Czechpoint.

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2022 11:47 PM

CLINT WALKER was the ultimate man! I agree with OP's comment! the height, the build, the hairiness, the voice, the walk, the mannerisms, EVERYTHING SCREAMED masculine, manliness.... he makes every other man mention in this topic thread look like a boy, even though they had looks and other attributes...

others from that time period I would add cal bolder, mike henry (tarzan! sigh!), bodybuilders like steve reeves (combination of male handsomeness with male beauty), and reg park.....and mexican cinema sex symbol jorge rivero...

Clint Walker is THEE epitome of M-A-L-E... HE should have LITERALLY been hooked up to a milking machine every day and his sperm/semen/cum given to beta males for his testosterone! lol!

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2022 11:52 PM

R2 I think they do but the beauty standards of men evolve.

An actor with his face would never be sexually exploited in beefcake style today.

Jon Hamm and Kyle Chandler have old movie star looks but their bodies aren’t all that in shape because they’re not sexually exploited the same way a Zac Efron or Hemsworth is. So they don’t put in the work

by Anonymousreply 43September 12, 2022 12:01 AM

Someone pull Mary at r42 into a cold shower before her head explodes.

by Anonymousreply 44September 12, 2022 12:12 AM

Meh. All so-so.

by Anonymousreply 45September 12, 2022 12:22 AM

[quote]“Specimen” is a very creepy word to use OP, like you’re a collector and have a half dozen of them in the basement incapacitated.

I wish.

by Anonymousreply 46September 12, 2022 1:33 AM

[quote]Remember those episodes of "The Lucy Show" where Clint Walker guested as a construction foreman, who was overcome with the beauty of "young" Lucille Carmichael.

How did I let Gary talk me out of hitting that fine piece of ass?

by Anonymousreply 47September 12, 2022 1:42 AM

I've always had a hankering for Henry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 12, 2022 2:13 AM

R39, don't worry.

As a specimen you're strictly ABNormal.

by Anonymousreply 49September 12, 2022 2:18 AM

Super delicious !

by Anonymousreply 50September 12, 2022 2:18 AM

I have a poster of OP’s picture of Clint Walker

by Anonymousreply 51September 12, 2022 2:20 AM

Clint hoisting a man in distress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 12, 2022 2:25 AM

Clint washing that barrel chest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 12, 2022 2:25 AM

Tony Ganz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 12, 2022 2:27 AM

It was very rare for a 1950s Western or really any tv show to expose their hunky lead to shirtlessness like they did every week with Clint Walker on CHEYENNE. Clearly, they knew what his audience wanted and, as a child watching the show in reruns, I was transfixed and knew something was "up" with me.

I faithfully watched other Westerns, all with hot hunks like WYATT EARP with Hugh O'Brian, MAVERICK with James Garner, WAGON TRAIN with Robert Horton, BRONCO with Ty Hardin, SUGARFOOT with Will Hutchins and especially LARAMIE with Robert Fuller in the hope of some shirtlessness, but they were much stingier with bare male skin on those shows.

It really wasn't until THE WILD WILD WEST with Bob Conrad in the mid-960s that male pulchritude was celebrated and allowed to have its day but even that series was unique in its time.

CHEYENNE and Clint Walker are for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2022 2:44 AM

Robert Conrad showed more flesh on Hawaiian Eye, r55.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 12, 2022 3:11 AM

And he got to sing on Private Eye as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 12, 2022 3:15 AM

^Hawaiian Eye

by Anonymousreply 58September 12, 2022 3:19 AM

Jon-Erik Hexum.

He'd be in his 60s now had he lived.

by Anonymousreply 59September 12, 2022 5:17 AM

R59... I would put up as the ultimate holy trinity of clint walker, jon erik hexum and steve reeves....

R55... well said, Walker was shown off and that was rare, as was his height and build. Robert Horton, of all of the other men you mentioned in westerns was probably shown off the second most.

R44.. sorry if my praise for Walker was "to much" for you. I call it like I see it...

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2022 12:34 PM

r60. I wish Robert Horton took off his clothes on Wagon Train more often and god knows I sat through endless episodes of that boring show waiting for it. But it was very rare. But where are the photos and video clips online? I haven't found much. I suspect most gays under 65 have never heard of him. He should be a much bigger icon than he is.

Was Horton gay? Long married, I believe, but it seemed rumors finally leaked out after he died.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2022 1:30 PM

Sadly, I don't think they ever found an occasion to get gorgeous hairy hunk Vince (BEN CASEY) Edwards out of his doctor's smock.

But he fit the mold of Clint Walker and some of the other manly men mentioned in this thread. Lots of photos of his earlier shirtless work in B movies surfaced after BEN CASEY hit, but I don't think he was ever coaxed out of his clothes onscreen again.

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2022 1:33 PM

R61... I hear you, I hear you... Funny in that I thought I had seen or at least known of EVERY SINGLE male beauty from any era, and then one day I happened to see a episode of "wagon train" and i thought and saw WHO IN THE HECK is this actor Robert Horton!! How could I have not known about him or seen him before???

anyway, horton did show off shirtless in a number of episodes, he was the "sex symbol" of that show for sure... handsome rugged face, great great hairy chest, lean athletic body, and sexy manly voice and swagger...

2 of my favorite episodes of his from "wagon train" were "the jess mcabee story" and "the gabe carswell story".....

in the jess mcabee story, his character Flint is suppose to marry one of this old couple's young daughters who have lived in a valley away from the world and he's the first man, the family has seen in 20 years. Suppose to be a "amusing story" but for me, it's rife with sexual innuendo and what not and pervy. The fact being that the 5 daughters are very young, the oldest one being maybe 19 all the way down to little girls! WHO THOUGHT OF THIS EPISODE? ... great scenes of horton's face and body highlighted... in the end, he leaves the valley, but the 14 year old daughter runs up to him as he is about to ride away and says that she'll marry him if he wants! he tells her when she's 17, in 3 years, he'll come back and then maybe will decide then?! he kisses her on the cheek, winks at her (a grown man in his mid 30s!) and smirks a smile and gets on his horse and rides away!...

in the gabe carswell story, his character, flint, is knocked out by a young indian male, and tied spread eagle on the ground shirtless (the indian while not shown had to remove his shirt!), then as you see horton's character tied spread eagle, the young indian male unbuckles his belt, takes off his belt with his gun holster, giving the viewer the impression he is about to strip him completely!..

later, his character after roasting in the sun on the ground is rescued by the young indian male's white father who adopted him... in that scene, after the father unties horton's character's wrist bound upwards from stakes, horton's character's hairy chest is shown off spectacularly in extreme close up along with his face that while he is recovering from exhaustion and heat exposure, looks more orgasmic than in pain... his hairy chest is beyond hot as it looks almost like it was "combed" and POOF UP for maximum height and detail...

both episodes are great masturbation material for a robert horton lover like myself... a few more episodes are great as well of him shirtless..

in real life, he was married more than once and his last marriage lasted decades. His co-star in wagon train Ward Bond did not get along with him, as they were on the opposite ends of the political spectrum. Bond allegedly used to make slurs to him on set, and yes, those slurs were sexual related....

Never heard or read any SPECIFIC information on horton being gay or bisexual though. No one has come forward. He was a singer as well and into musical theater, so there's that, although that is simple stereotyping.

by Anonymousreply 63September 12, 2022 1:47 PM

Love your post, r63! I think I came 3 times. I'll look for those 2 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 64September 12, 2022 1:54 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 65September 12, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote] HE should have LITERALLY been hooked up to a milking machine every day

My mouth or hole

by Anonymousreply 66September 12, 2022 2:16 PM

Richard “Dick” DuBois was pretty friggin’ perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 12, 2022 2:25 PM

r61 r63 (and other Robert Horton fans), in the Wagon Train episode "The Traitor," Robert Horton's character is tied up and whipped. Go to 8:15.

by Anonymousreply 68September 12, 2022 2:26 PM

Oops. "The Traitor" on Wagon Train.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 12, 2022 2:26 PM

Not to distract or steal OP's thunder but Jim Fowler and Stan Brock as mentioned in this thread definitely put some dew on my lily......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 12, 2022 2:27 PM

Robert Horton was the star of the musical version of "The Rainmaker" (called "110 in the Shade") on Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 12, 2022 3:05 PM

Horton acquits himself very well in his songs in 110 in the Shade as Starbuck, The Rainmaker, though the show is ultimately stolen by Inga Swenson as spinster Lizzie. It also featured DL fave Lesley Ann Warren. Premiering the same season as Hello, Dolly! and Funny Girl, the show wasn't much of a hit, but it's a shame Horton never returned to Broadway.

I think he appeared shirtless in the show and there are some photos out there.

by Anonymousreply 72September 12, 2022 3:38 PM

It would kill any of you to link it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 12, 2022 4:06 PM

Young Ward Bond was himself a fine specimen of a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 12, 2022 5:08 PM

R68.. yes, when horton is whipped his character Flint, moans almost if not outright erotically instead of a painful sound...

by Anonymousreply 75September 12, 2022 5:18 PM

1980s & 1990s German bodybuilder & actor Rolf Moeller

was 6'6" 270-288 lbs. blond haired & fit as a fiddle =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 12, 2022 5:22 PM

A 1990 profile on him =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 12, 2022 5:23 PM

Why was almost everything on TV back in the 50s and early 60s westerns?

We're they really THAT popular?

by Anonymousreply 78September 12, 2022 5:23 PM

Chris Isaak

by Anonymousreply 79September 12, 2022 5:24 PM

Plenty of Rolf Moeller pics in this video =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 12, 2022 5:24 PM

It was a perfect specimen, but I dropped it and had take the jar with the "AB Normal" brain in it.

by Anonymousreply 81September 12, 2022 5:25 PM

Some more great scenes with Rolf =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 12, 2022 5:26 PM

Try Justin Bieber when he was 20. Perfection

by Anonymousreply 83September 12, 2022 5:27 PM

Rolf looked his best on stage in 1988 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 12, 2022 5:28 PM

Ralf Moeller was indeed hot and sexy and a rare sight as a very tall bodybuilder back in the day.... however, he DID NOT age very well...

he starred in the tv series CONAN awhile back and still had the body...one episode was a very sexy episode where his character is seduced by a very young half his age at least blonde nympho who turns out to be a monster in human form.... As they are having sex and he's about to orgasm, she tells him that she is using him to keep her species alive with his "essence"... he actually orgasms in her, she turns into her big ugly blob monster form and he has to stab her with his sword to kill her... At least for a few moments she got to say she made him orgasm and cum in her! laugh!..."come, come, to me my conan" as she led him to a bed!... hot kinky stuff!....as I stated he was more than twice her age, twice her size and she was a very pretty blonde young woman seducing the big cocky muscleman... love stuff like this!

by Anonymousreply 85September 12, 2022 5:29 PM

Enough with Rolf. Start your own thread instead of setting us up for disappointment every time you post.

by Anonymousreply 86September 12, 2022 5:33 PM

Robert Conrad in 1966 in The Wild Wild West was the ideal man. 90 % of homos (over 45 years old) agree!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 12, 2022 5:34 PM

Robert Conrad had the sex appeal of a bunion, at least until he bent over.

by Anonymousreply 88September 12, 2022 5:42 PM

Detective shows were just as big, r78.

by Anonymousreply 89September 12, 2022 5:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 12, 2022 6:01 PM

He was not a perfect specimen, but I remember boning up while watching Kevin Tighe on "Emergency".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 12, 2022 6:10 PM

R78 for the same reason forensic shows exist in such multitudes today.....to feed a certain mythology and narrative.

In the 50s it was probably a way to promote American excellence/exceptionalism and talk about heroism and triumph in a way that could brush on the same topics of WWII without speaking of those horrors so directly.

In the 00s forensic and cop shows have become popular to feed the idea that the world is evil and chaotic (see "mean world syndrome") and that a few heroes/heroines are keeping it together for us. And some of the more dystopian shows recognize the ways in which humanity is failing some of its citizens, and doing the same. All allegorical.

by Anonymousreply 92September 12, 2022 6:11 PM

Cop/detective shows have *always* been popular, r92. Like westerns it just comes down to good guy vs bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 93September 12, 2022 6:17 PM

I imagine westerns being period would make them a bit more expensive than a contemporary cop/detective show.

by Anonymousreply 94September 12, 2022 6:22 PM

R93 I'm not really talking about cop/detective though, I'm talking about that deeper dive into forensics and things like Criminal Minds, NCIS, the whole CBS lineup. There's a difference.....it's the kind of shit Fox News audiences eat up and show as proof that someone needs to protect the world.

by Anonymousreply 95September 12, 2022 6:25 PM

Those shows just evolved from the older ones, r95. They're the same shows but with newer technology and more gore.

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2022 6:30 PM

Leverage was Mission:Impossible with a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 97September 12, 2022 6:35 PM

So many of those TV westerns were produced cheaply for ABC by Warner Bros. I'm sure they used the same costumes and sets, ranches, saloons, prairies, over and over again. And lots of the same guest stars from the Warner contract players.

MAVERICK was somewhat of an exception though as the scripts were smarter with an ironic sense of humor, and the character of Maverick, as played by sexy young Jim Garner was an anti-hero always looking to avoid trouble, not stir it up.

As many here will already know, after the series played half a season they added in Jack Kelly as brother Bart and then later Roger Moore as British cousin Beau (was that to give Garner time off to make movies?), who would each alternate as the weekly lead. The series was so popular IIRC, ABC even put it up against The Ed Sullivan Show. But audiences were only wild for Garner and ratings dropped off when he wasn't starring. I think he left after the 3rd season and the series suffered greatly without him.

by Anonymousreply 98September 12, 2022 7:21 PM

Speaking of "Mission: Impossible", Peter Lupus was a fine specimen of a man. And he's still with us! I found an old yearbook picture of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 12, 2022 11:29 PM

Jack Kelly had a phat ass too, but it wasn't quite as big as Garner's. Another Maverick brother was also later added - Robert Colbert, who was hired because of his slight resemblance and similar build to Garner.

by Anonymousreply 100September 12, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]It was very rare for a 1950s Western or really any tv show to expose their hunky lead to shirtlessness

What on earth are you talking about?

1950s and '60s TV was much more into celebrating the male physique and male sexiness than today.

LLoyd Bridges in "Sea Hunt" (1958-61) was in a bathing suit for most of the time. As were the other characters in the various episodes.

Hunky Gardner McKay in "Adventures in Paradise".

The cast of "Hawaiian Eye".

"Surfside 6"

And it seemed that all shows eventually had an episode with a body builder or two: "The Bob Cummings Show", "My Little Margie", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "The Jack Benny Show" etc.

[quote]It really wasn't until THE WILD WILD WEST with Bob Conrad in the mid-960s that male pulchritude was celebrated and allowed to have its day but even that series was unique in its time.

While Conrad was running around in those tight pants, Ron Ely as Tarzan was over on NBC wearing a loin cloth.

And what about Brian Kelly in Flipper 1964.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2022 12:00 AM

It's a good thing VCR's didn't exist or a whole lot of suburban fraus would have been in their bedrooms flicking their beans to these guys.

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2022 12:11 AM

The fact that Clint Walker could get so close to Lucy's make-up spackled face and her boozy stale-cigarette breath without retching means he had a strong stomach too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2022 12:58 AM

r101, not sure how old you are but most of the shows you list are from the 1960s, not the 1950s as I said in my post. And those from the 1950s you mention might just have the one (if that!) episode per season that might feature a body builder, nothing like the weekly exposure of Clint Walker which began on Cheyenne in 1955.

Of course, you're right that more skin was shown in the 1960s though.

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2022 1:03 AM

All of the bodybuilder musclemen who appeared with Mae west seemed like solid ten out of tens.What are their names though and are any still alive?

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2022 1:28 AM

R105 Tom Selleck was a Mae West himbo.

I imprinted early on the various Tarzan hunks like a horny little baby bird, but it wasn't until decades later that I stumbled across a photo online of my ideal man: Mike Henry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2022 1:37 AM

r106 I didnt know about tom thanks!

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2022 1:43 AM

Bill Goldberg was near perfection, especially his ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2022 2:01 AM

As far as porn stars go, Chris Steele was pretty perfect, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2022 2:03 AM

Here's Mike Henry in motion. I think I need to see these movies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2022 2:04 AM

Men produced before atomic fallout possessed a masculinity that can’t be recaptured with all the supplements in the world. We can achieve puffed up little boys, but manhood is as distant to males as femininity is to somehow sexually mature ten year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2022 6:06 AM

Tom Selleck with Mae West

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2022 6:46 AM

Antony Hamilton. Especially circa 1985-1990.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2022 7:15 AM

Interesting comment at the link:

"I knew Tony. I met him while having dinner at a restaurant in WeHo with a friend, Tony was at an adjacent table with a date. Being the dog he was (in a good way), he kept staring at me and not paying attention to his date. When I went to use the restroom (really!), he followed me, introduced himself and gave me his number. I called him that night. He was astonishingly good looking. He eventually became a friend, and I learned a lot about him - and although a lot of the WeHo queens loved to gossip about him and told salacious stories about Tony's bathhouse hijinks, I learned that he was a very sensitive guy, with tons and tons of internalized homophobia. He left Oz because he couldn't tolerate the homophobia, but it stayed inside, of course. It still hurts to think of his death - but he'll always be that beautiful guy to me. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2022 7:18 AM

AAAAAAAAAAH MIKE HENRY AS TARZAN! the stuff of fantasy and dreams come true! best built tarzan ever, the only hairy tarzan and officially wore the smallest loincloth of any tarzan... it was said and wrote that his body was created by michelangelo.

I have all 3 of his tarzan movies on dvd and it sucks that he didn't have a good time making them and bowed out of the tarzan tv series, no offense to handsome ron ely, but to see mike henry week after week on a tv show as tarzan? talk about smoke coming out of the tv and countless men jacking! laugh!...

My only regret in henry's 3 tarzan movies, is that it would have been so kinky dirty pervy erotic to see him captured and conquered for a time! like drugged, brainwashed, tied up, stuff like that!....

someone mentioned Lloyd Bridges in sea hunt! another winner! his swim trunks (the style back then) were so damn snug I don't see how he could move! the episodes would occasionally show butt cheeks and dimple sticking out of said trunks as well! And a few episodes were sexualized (his character being hit on by much younger women) and even homoerotic (episodes of him in scenes in his trunks and nothing else with young men) ....lloyd bridges remained a hot sexy "daddy" well into his advanced years..

I remember some tv show where he played a policeman (i think it was called joe forrester?) from the late 70's or early 80's (yes, i'm old!) where bridges was already in his 50's or early 60's and still handsome. Anyway, Even as a kid I remember a episode where his character is taking a bath in a lowlit bathroom, and this beautiful stunning dark haired woman that he was protecting comes to the bathroom doorway in a robe and suggestively suggests if he wants her to join him, she starts taking off the robe and his character smirks in a come on in way! very sexy scene and sexy that this handsome mature man was going to have sex in that bathtub with a young beautiful woman half his age!...

Anyone mention DENNY MILLER YET?

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2022 1:01 PM

Can you imagine how hard it was on Mike Henry's gorgeous feet having to do all those crazy gymnastics on rough ground and vines barefoot? Was there someone on set to give him foot massages and pedicures?

by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2022 2:21 PM

Me Tarzan.

You horny for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2022 4:30 PM

[quote]Anyone mention DENNY MILLER YET?

Not yet, but he qualifies. Absolutely hunky slab of blonde beef with a great ass and a cute, pigeon-toed/bowlegged gait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2022 4:45 PM

R127 eww, are those piss flaps?

by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2022 4:52 PM

^^ I meant R117

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2022 4:53 PM

You, Tarzan.

Me, queen of the Suck-a-You-Dry tribe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2022 5:11 PM

^ Tarzan meets a DLer who has lowered the shoulder straps on her caftan...

by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2022 5:13 PM

You, Tarzan.

Me, Dawson.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2022 5:14 PM

^ and I'd love for you to be my first load, Mr. Tarzan!

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2022 5:17 PM

Stuart Whitman, although this is not his best picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2022 7:35 PM

How about this one, r125?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2022 7:39 PM

Sterling Archer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2022 7:48 PM

Kerry Drake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2022 7:57 PM

Rod Taylor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 13, 2022 8:33 PM

Second that choice,OP.

by Anonymousreply 130September 13, 2022 8:33 PM

Stuart Whitman, though incredibly hunky, never seemed to be offered up as much of a sex symbol, regardless of the evidence in the amazing 2 photos upthread. He was more of a middle-aged well-built character actor, rarely the hero, at least in any A films or TV hit series that I can remember. Why, I'll never understand, as he was incredibly hot. But more of a hot supportive daddy.

Rod Taylor, OTOH, couldn't be more the epitome of "the most perfect specimen" and has deservedly had many threads of his own here at DL, including one I started just several weeks ago. If I had to choose between Rod and Clint Walker I don't know what the hell I'd do. And you can throw Hugh O'Brian and Vince Edwards in there, too, though their personalities (if that even matters!) always seemed a little blander to me. Clint and especially Rod had a sort of a sexy mischievous quality that gave them an irresistible edge.

by Anonymousreply 131September 13, 2022 9:29 PM

Clint was one of a kind, and also a decent fellow by all accounts.

You lot know the story of how Van Johnson saw him doing security at one of the casinos, and told him to try for Hollywood? He did, and got set up for one of the guards behind Pharoah in "The Ten Commandments". De Mille insisted on seeing him in person first. On the way to the interview, Clint saw an elderly woman beside a car with a flat. Gentleman that he was, he pulled over and changed the flat for her.

But it made him late to the interview. When Clint was ushered in, De Mille snapped, 'You're late, young man!" Cling apologised and explained what had happened.

De Mille suddenly smiled and said, "Yes, I know. That was my secretary."

What are the odds? Yes, he got the part.

by Anonymousreply 132September 13, 2022 9:34 PM

^*Clint (not Cling - although I'd like that, too)

by Anonymousreply 133September 13, 2022 9:35 PM

"It was very rare for a 1950s Western or really any tv show to expose their hunky lead to shirtlessness"

Where were you living in the 1950s? Saturn?

Clint had to take his shirt off virtually every damned show - ditto the rest of them, including the "other Clint" in Rawhide.

by Anonymousreply 134September 13, 2022 9:38 PM

That was my point, r134, that in the 1950s, Clint in Cheyenne was the exception. The other cowboys did not disrobe every damn show. Maybe once in an entire season of episodes. Believe me, I suffered through them all, just for a glimpse.

by Anonymousreply 135September 13, 2022 10:03 PM

Clint is like Jon Hamm but actually hot, hairy and virile

by Anonymousreply 136September 13, 2022 10:18 PM

R131... between clint walker and rod taylor, I would have to give the nod to Clint. First off he was alot taller, Secondly, his voice was even more deeper and masculine, and Thirdly, over the years we got to see alot more of clint's body in various projects than we did with rod taylor....

just saying..

by Anonymousreply 137September 13, 2022 10:32 PM

Cimarron Strip only ran '67-'68, r131.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 13, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote]That was my point, [R134], that in the 1950s, Clint in Cheyenne was the exception. The other cowboys did not disrobe every damn show.

Not Westerns but lots of male flesh on: Sea Hunt 1958, Adventures in Paradise 1959, Hawaiian Eye 1959, Ok, SurfSide 6 was 1960 but still...

by Anonymousreply 139September 13, 2022 10:52 PM

He’s impressive but not perfect. He’s bulky and muscly and that’s a turn on, of course, but he doesn’t represent the Apollonian ideal of perfect muscular symmetry and definition.

by Anonymousreply 140September 13, 2022 10:58 PM

remember everyone "perfect specimen of man" means everything.. looks, body, voice, mannerisms, manner, attitude, walk, and so on...

by Anonymousreply 141September 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Chuck Connors was often shirtless on The Rifleman too.

by Anonymousreply 142September 14, 2022 1:18 AM

The Clint Walker family. Lucky woman - she married him when he was only 18 or 19 and got to enjoy him when he was at his best. Then she divorced him - can't imagine why. He only had the one daughter, too bad, I would have loved to see how his sons turned out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 14, 2022 1:41 AM

I do not think any man in recorded history ever looked as good as clint walker in a tuxedo or suit!.... he really was superman come to life...

by Anonymousreply 144September 14, 2022 2:29 AM

For me, that would be Chris Messina.

Beautiful man, humorous, down-to-earth and talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 14, 2022 3:13 AM

And another of Chris worth remembering...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 14, 2022 3:16 AM

2:20 into this clip, Jack Benny climbs Clint's tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 14, 2022 3:18 AM

I am going Marc Singer... V, Beastmaster, when I was younger he was so gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 14, 2022 3:32 AM

R126 Stuart was an Oscar nominated acror The Mark (1961)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 14, 2022 3:45 AM

Yes, R149, Whitman was a great "acror".

But thanks for posting a pic of Maxmillian Schell, who should also be on this list.

by Anonymousreply 150September 14, 2022 3:49 AM

if you watch the clip @ R149 Whitman is seen in the audience as Joan Crawford reads the nominees. Seated behind Whitman are Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty

by Anonymousreply 151September 14, 2022 3:52 AM

Brando in Streetcar (duh) and Arnaldo Santana in Cruising

by Anonymousreply 152September 14, 2022 3:59 AM

Don't forget poise, r141...

by Anonymousreply 153September 14, 2022 4:13 AM

Clint Walker. Heatwave.

Note especially 1:33

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 14, 2022 4:22 AM

without a doubt, a very strong argument for the heat of Clint Walker is achieved in that cute little youtube vid

by Anonymousreply 155September 14, 2022 4:48 AM

Among everything else, Clint Walker had the most flawless skin. I wish they were filming in color back then.

by Anonymousreply 156September 14, 2022 12:30 PM

R143 Walker had no sons. The daughter was his only child, and she went on to become a pilot, but in a sector where she was the first woman to do so.

Walker was also a twin, but I believe she died earlier than he.

by Anonymousreply 157September 14, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote]Clint Walker had the most flawless skin

He swore by Oil of Olay.

by Anonymousreply 158September 14, 2022 7:45 PM

Chris Messina is getting handsomer with each year and has fortunately worked on losing that annoying vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 159September 15, 2022 12:49 AM

R159 Right? 😃

He's so handsome that I ache when I look at him.

by Anonymousreply 160September 15, 2022 9:07 AM

What do we think of Chuck Conners (in his physical prime? I know he was an awful repuglican)

by Anonymousreply 161September 15, 2022 11:39 AM

Chuck was as tall as Clint but not as built. He had a good ass and wide hips to be so tall and lanky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 15, 2022 1:58 PM

Yum...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163September 15, 2022 5:09 PM

A friend of mine managed the Arizona Biltmore in the 1980's. Said Chuck Conners cruised him big time. But by that time he was ancient, basically Satan's Cryptkeeper from all the ciggies.

Also was cruised by B-actor and Montgomery Clift's "pal" Kevin McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 164September 15, 2022 7:50 PM

Always wondered who okayed this cover:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 15, 2022 7:51 PM

R164... was your friend hot and built? how old was He at the time?

by Anonymousreply 166September 15, 2022 8:29 PM

Oh wow, R164. I've also seen the old gay porn reel with two naval officers fucking in the woods, one of whom was supposed to be Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 167September 16, 2022 2:23 AM

Clint W. had a wonderfully hefty butt as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 16, 2022 3:21 AM

Chad Everett

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 16, 2022 5:57 AM

Chad in the Chapman Report (1962)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2022 3:04 AM

R149

Joan seemed to have trouble reading and she mispronounced Schell's first name.

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2022 4:43 PM

R170.... chad everett was indeed hot, Loved him more "mature" in medical center... wore his scrubs very snug and his out of work clothes as well...

loved the episode where a young girl, he had been friends with since she was a child, has a brain tumor and starts hallucinating and becomes a pathological liar and in the hospital it's found out she is pregnant by her boyfriend.... she wants to break it off with him, and so instead of telling the hospital staff her boyfriend is the father, she tells everyone that chad everett's character is the father and that they seduced each other.....

of course eventually it's found out why she is acting this way and his character is eventually cleared but for a time the hospital staff believed it because for instance one of the administrators walked in on them hugging....

anyway it was pretty hot to think about his character seduced and seducing this young female character, even though it didn't actually happen... the episode was called "the accused" and at the time Everett in real life was 33 but looked older, but a good, no GREAT older and the female character actress in real life was 20 but looked 16!

by the way has anyone mentioned the young Lee Majors like in "the big valley" especially the first season when his hair was dyed very blonde? (was he suppose to be competing with or the "new" troy donahue or tab hunter with that look? ANYWAY he was beyond pretty during that time..

by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2022 7:15 PM

Lee Majors' tiny nose (which I assume was early plastic surgery) always bothered me.

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2022 3:45 AM

R162, that's porn (poor choice of word, I know) to fatherless gays like me.

I fucking love the Rifleman.

by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2022 3:49 AM

R166, my friend was cute, but not built. More of a 'preppy' type -- perfect for the hotel business. He was in his early 30's at the time.

And he also met Ricky Nelson. Said he 'seemed' gay, but wasn't cruising him. He just said he was unbelievably handsome in person.

by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2022 4:42 AM

R175... thanks for the info.. RICKY NELSON (major sigh! a total pretty boy when he was young and then a sexy mature hairy chested man older) I believe was straighter than straight? wives, kids, etc....

by Anonymousreply 176September 18, 2022 5:02 AM

[R25] Agreed. Clint Walker would have been perfection if he would have had large size nipples like these. I'd like to find out who this guy is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 19, 2022 7:20 AM

The all-time great Clint Walker story tells of the time Colt model Ledermeister was hitchhiking and Walker stopped for him.

This was, said Walker, because he was thinking of putting in a home gym and, noting Ledermeister's swank physique, wanted him to recommend suitable equipment.

But if you asked Ledermeister for the rest of the story, he would grin and say nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 178September 19, 2022 10:34 AM

R178... sounds like a total wishful fantasy made up story..

by Anonymousreply 179September 19, 2022 12:20 PM

Chad Everett...a flawless hunk of manhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 24, 2022 2:28 PM

r15 wow his acting was atrocious, even falling asleep was a fail with the physical acting.

by Anonymousreply 181September 24, 2022 2:35 PM

I would grab hold of Clint Walker's furry fun-bags and never let go.

by Anonymousreply 182September 24, 2022 2:37 PM

I think Julian Edelman of the Patriots is fucking so sexy and hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 24, 2022 2:46 PM

Rock Hudson remains an ideal (at least for Hollywood). He was gorgeous, tall, had a nice voice, and a huge slut!!! Oh, if his hole could talk, imagine the stories it could tell.

But this question is also impossible because the studio system pulled so many hot men and like today it comes down to styling. 50s/60s styles look amazing on every man. So you name one hot guy and there are probably 20 other gorgeous men and that's just ancient Hollywood, even today there are some walking gods among us mortals.

But, Rock had the looks I love and could fall in love with his eyes and would marry a man that looks like that ASAP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184September 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Modern Example: Paul Walker. That man was sex on the stick for me and perfect blond. But today you can see all of people's imperfections unlike in the past when you may only see them on film and in magazines, rarely a hair out of place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 24, 2022 2:51 PM

I'm fond of the naked gunner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186September 24, 2022 3:08 PM

R183... edelman is sexy alright, tight lean muscled body (although I prefer huge musclebound) ....... supposedly had issues with the bottle and basically a himbo....

NEVER EVER forgot (the story complete with photos!) online about the young woman of average looks who fucked him and took photos of him passed out in her bed! and send messages on her phone with these photos telling the world (or maybe just her girlfriends?) "i fucked julian edelman, no lie!"....

talk about a kinky pervy wicked sexy power trip for this average looking girl to have "had", to have "got good", sexy handsome famous football star and she can brag and know forever, she captured and conquered him!.... i have no doubt she took x-rated photos of the passed out edelman that she has kept to herself!...

by Anonymousreply 187September 24, 2022 3:45 PM

He walks, talks, lifts & poses like a perfect specimen. He's the ultimate male =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 25, 2022 7:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 25, 2022 7:56 AM

Marcus Patrick. Surprised he's not only still around, but is in great shape for 48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 25, 2022 8:07 AM

These thicc older guys are so much hotter than the gymbunnies and twinks usually posted in here.

by Anonymousreply 191September 25, 2022 9:00 AM

A tie 'tween Hemsworth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 25, 2022 10:35 AM

And Cavill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193September 25, 2022 10:35 AM

cavill and hemsworth are just the best today in terms of muscle and looks actors....

love them both, but I personally would give cavill the slight edge because for me, i've always had a thing for the dark hair, blue eye look... course hemsworth has the blonde hair and blue eye look that is striking too...

i'll just change them up each day, you know have one on monday, the other on tuesday and rotate! laugh! IF ONLY!....

if only they would do a superhero movie together and joe schumacher was still around with his blatant homoerotic suits to put them in! oh lord!!!

by Anonymousreply 194September 25, 2022 1:15 PM

Aldis Hodge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 26, 2022 9:37 AM

Scott Bakula

by Anonymousreply 196September 27, 2022 2:57 PM

and pic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 27, 2022 2:58 PM

John Holliday (Playgirl Man of the Year)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 27, 2022 3:21 PM

r198... WEHT TO JOHN HOLLIDAY?

by Anonymousreply 199September 27, 2022 4:11 PM

Not sure, R199.

I know he used to be a cop, but not sure what's up with him now. (He did the Playgirl thing in the mid-90s.)

by Anonymousreply 200September 27, 2022 4:28 PM

Holliday has the perfect cut tube steak.

by Anonymousreply 201September 27, 2022 10:33 PM

I bought the Hunks in Hedonism video. It was on VHS. The Playgirl men were spectacular.

Mr. Holliday in slow motion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 27, 2022 11:31 PM

I'm watching Cheyenne right now and DAMN Walker was HUGE. TOWERS over all the other actors. Kind of amazing he did so well considering how Hollywood prefers those around 5' 8" and smaller.

by Anonymousreply 203November 17, 2022 6:39 PM

I love, love, love Chris Messina. He's always the best thing in whatever he appears in. I hope he knows how much the gays love him.

by Anonymousreply 204November 17, 2022 7:46 PM

There can be only one choice, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 17, 2022 7:49 PM

R203... it was a different time in the world and culture.. back then, a tall, well built man was considered the epitome of what a man should be, he was considered a M-A-N like clint walker... today? he would be seen as a freak or a joke or the odd sidekick in a tv show, he might be a action hero, but with his deep baritone voice and manner that makes today's "hunks" like cavill and hemsworth boyish, he might still have a issue with being cast....

personally I think walker, steve reeves and jon erik hexum might just be the holy trinity of male beauty and specimens.....

by Anonymousreply 206November 17, 2022 9:34 PM

Whip Crack Away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 5, 2023 1:16 AM

South African rugby player Damian de Allende is about as perfect as a man can be in my eyes. Fit and athletic, dark coloring, but bright blue eyes. If only his butt were a little bigger, then he would be absolute perfection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 5, 2023 3:09 AM

Method man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 5, 2023 10:36 AM

R185 It's such a shame Paul Walker died before making any gay roles. (As far as I know, he never did any).

by Anonymousreply 210February 12, 2023 2:05 AM

How many times was Clint Walker approached on the side from all of the gay men working round him. My God, it would have been impossible not to at least offer.

by Anonymousreply 211March 5, 2023 3:51 AM

R211, his first agent was Henry Willson, so he no doubt strapped on the knee pads at least once.

by Anonymousreply 212March 5, 2023 3:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 5, 2023 4:17 AM

Enjoyed this thread, the Men are Yummy. :-)

by Anonymousreply 214March 5, 2023 8:16 AM

To all of you Clint Walker fans: have you ever seen a picture of him in a bathing suit? I haven't. I'd love to see how hairy his legs were.

by Anonymousreply 215March 7, 2023 12:12 AM

Chris Reeves always did it for me back in the 70s. Hot white boy.

by Anonymousreply 216March 7, 2023 12:15 AM

[quote]To all of you Clint Walker fans: have you ever seen a picture of him in a bathing suit?

I wish. He would show his naked upper torso all day long, but I don't think he ever wore skimpy bathing suits or appeared onscreen in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 217March 7, 2023 12:24 AM

About halfway down this page there's a dick shot. No doubt photoshopped, but they did a pretty good job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 9, 2023 6:27 PM

Now we know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 9, 2023 6:32 PM

Clint Walker did do a short black and white "tarzan" sketch on some show, where you see his legs, it's on youtube somewhere....

Imagine Clint walker as Batman with twink robin in the homoerotic 60's batman tv show! Or Clint Walker being the one wearing the spray painted on stretchy pants and always in kinky captured situations as James West on "the wild wild west" show?! Or Clint walker instead of the great Mike Henry in the 3 1960's Tarzan movies, where like Henry did, wear the smallest loincloth of any tarzan (or any other similar character) ever!...

THE MIND AND THE PENIS REELS AT THE WHAT IF'S!...

by Anonymousreply 220March 9, 2023 6:48 PM

Johnathan Schaech is looking pretty damn good for 53...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 14, 2023 4:18 PM

Horacio from MTV’s The Challenge. On top of being stunning, he’s a genuinely nice guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 14, 2023 5:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!