Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you remember "Dirty Soap" the reality show about the real lives of various SOAP actors?

What did you make of it?

I was sorry it ended so quickly. I enjoyed it even though I never watched daytime soaps. When I see soap threads on here I'm always reminded of it. At the time I couldn't come on here and ask the soap fans about it because there was a soap-talk ban.

Are most of the cast still working in soaps?

Farah Fath stood out for me and her rather swish BF John-Paul Lavoisier - but he was rather charming, I thought. In fact I liked all of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2022 8:00 PM

Of the main cast, Farrah Fath and JP Lavoisier are the only ones not still working in soaps these days.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2022 6:36 PM

I watched it, I remember Farah and JP seemed delightfully bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2022 7:20 PM

Seeing as though a number of the stars were bearding for each other, it probably took more demanding acting than their regular soap roles.

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote]Of the main cast, Farrah Fath and JP Lavoisier are the only ones not still working in soaps these days.

JP's had some minor parts in very crappy movies and he's recently done a "short"....always a bad sign.

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2022 9:10 PM

You never see Chloe and Sean Douglas in scenes together.This must be why !

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2022 10:31 PM

Back in 2015-16, John-Paul Lavoisier was on Days playing Phillip Kiriakis. The storyline had Phillip in a love triangle with Shawn Douglas and Belle. Brandon Beemer was playing Shawn Douglas.

Despite it being written as a heterosexual romance centering around Belle, it came across as more of a homoerotic romance with the Belle being the foil between Phillip and Shaw-D.

This was especially noticeable when I turend the volume down and only watched the video portion of their scenes. Came across as two gay men struggling with their feelings for each other.

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2022 10:43 PM

Nadia's mother Fary certainly saw right through the "romance" between Nadia and Brandon.

Fary had Brandon's number from the start and rightfully gave him the riot act.

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2022 10:48 PM

I thought the mother was just cruel. I felt very sorry for him...and Nadia. Anyway, Nadia didn't marry him in the end.

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2022 10:51 PM

The mother read that he was using her for a beard and didn't want her daughter hurt unnecessarily.

Editing of the show was intended to make you feel sorry for the "stars." So, if you felt "very sorry" for Beemer, you responded the way the producers intended.

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2022 11:14 PM

One day they had a gay friend over and the mother said "This is a REAL man". The guy looked bemused.

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2022 11:16 PM

I do not care what anyone says...Brandon Beemer is gay.

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2022 12:43 AM

Brandon

and JP

and Nadia

Those three for sure. And I think Farah was lezzing out too, possibly with Kirsten. Who is no stranger to vageene.

by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2022 4:58 AM

You gurls think EVERYONE's gay!

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2022 7:54 AM

Kelly Monaco from GH came off as stereotypical South Philly trash.

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2022 12:48 PM

R14 That's because she IS trash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2022 1:35 PM

[quote]You never see Chloe and Sean Douglas in scenes together.This must be why !

They had a scene together in the last couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2022 2:08 PM

Chloe and Shawn D never really interacted a lot anyway( did they?)

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2022 7:34 PM

Shawn D, Belle and Phillip were all SORASed to teenagers in 1999. The show also added Chloe and Mimi to the mix to create a teen set that interacted widely. Along the way, Jan Spears, Rex and Cassie all joined in that teen/young adult set.

Shawn D and Chloe haven't really had much interaction since those initial first few years, but they do occasionally share a scene or two. As do Chloe and Belle.

by Anonymousreply 18September 8, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote] I do not care what anyone says...Brandon Beemer is gay.

This became even more obvious during his non-soap years.

by Anonymousreply 19September 8, 2022 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!