Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florence Pugh "Refused to Make Eye Contact" with Olivia Wilde During 4-Minute 'DWD' Standing Ovation

If you thought that surely there couldn't be more awkward news to come out of the Don't Worry Darling Venice Film Festival premiere, you...thought wrong! On top of Harry Styles potentially spitting on Chris Pine, Florence Pugh reportedly avoided making eye contact with Olivia Wilde during the movie's four-minute standing ovation.

Variety Co-Editor-in-Chief Ramin Setoodeh posted a video of the moment on Twitter, which he captioned "Florence Pugh refuses to make eye contact with Olivia Wilde during the 4-minute #Venezia79 standing ovation for #DontWorryDarling.

If you're not caught up on the full Don't Worry Darling drama timeline, this is Florence and Olivia's first time being seen together since Olivia's phone call to Shia LaBeouf leaked, in which she told him “I feel like I’m not ready to give up on this yet, and I, too, am heartbroken and I want to figure this out. You know, I think this might be a bit of a wake-up call for Miss Flo, and I want to know if you’re open to giving this a shot with me, with us. If she really commits, if she really puts her mind and heart into it at this point and if you guys can make peace—and I respect your point of view, I respect hers—but if you guys can do it, what do you think? Is there hope? Will you let me know?"

And that's just the latest in weeks of reported drama and tension between Olivia and Florence, so the vibes in that premiere video? Not exactly a shock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2022 4:10 PM

Lol.

This movie is a fucking train wreck!

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2022 5:22 AM

Co-actors spitting on each other, and giving each other the cold shoulder.

This all comes from the top. The Director sets the tone of the movie.

If the Director is a mess, then the movie will be a mess, and the actors will hate each other.

That describes "Don't Worry Darling" in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2022 5:24 AM

Were they excited about Flo Pugh's fabulous dress or absolutely appalled at Ms Styles' stupid collar and Chris Pine's Nutty Professor look? Italians can be quite ironic you know.....

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2022 5:28 AM

Olivia Wilde seems like a toxic boss. Is the movie good? If it’s bad, she probably won’t get a studio movie funded again.

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2022 5:28 AM

Styles can go away now.

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2022 5:30 AM

Florence Pugh looks like a thumb.

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2022 5:30 AM

Is Pugh pronounced pouf, puff, pug or pew?

Just curious. I've never heard of her before.

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2022 5:37 AM

R7, it's prounounced peeeeeeeyewwww!!!

As in, "that smells rotten!"

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2022 5:39 AM

She should star with Imogene Poots.

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2022 5:43 AM

Not as rotten as your rancid cunt, Olivia!

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2022 5:43 AM

At least I don't look like a thumb, Flo.

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2022 5:46 AM

Florence Pugh & Imogene Poots in "Okay, If You Say So"

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2022 5:46 AM

🤷 Who are these people?

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2022 5:48 AM

I'm only here for the open bar, don't drag me into this!

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote] I'm only here for the open bar, don't drag me into this! —Chris P.

Ptttew!

*Harry, spitting in Chris' drink*

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2022 5:52 AM

Word is, Flo was appalled by all the behind-the-scenes fucking going on in Olivia and Harry's trailers. Their non-stop fucking was going on between set changes for each scene. Olivia claimed to be "going over the script with Harry." Sure, Olivia.

Apparently these two sex addicts couldn't keep their hands off each other and Flo was turned off by their unprofessionalism.

Olivia and Harry are both gross looking. Harry looks like a greasy pig and Olivia looks like Cruella De Ville after a bender.

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2022 7:54 AM

Imogen Poots used to fuck Cary Fukunaga.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2022 8:02 AM

Harry Styles outfit in the OP's link is atrocious along with the ugly shoes and Chris Pine is looking like a lesbian professor on her way to go grade term papers.

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2022 8:06 AM

Harry Styles looks old and a bit emaciated. Is he even 30 yet? Maybe lay off the coke, peaches.

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2022 8:13 AM

The only one who looks fabulous is Gemma Chan. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2022 8:14 AM

What is supposed to be so great about his film?

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2022 8:21 AM

Chris Pine seems to be the only adult in the room. A drunk adult, but an adult.

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2022 8:24 AM

The film isn’t getting good reviews.

Is Flo jealous that Zack B was no longer there to fuck her?

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2022 8:43 AM

Probably the most ridiculous thing is the way these film festivals automatically give these standing ovations even if (as the initial reviews strongly suggest) the movie is shit. It’s meaningless now. Plus, who wants to stand over four minutes applauding?

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2022 8:51 AM

I like Harry Styles. I don’t know why, I just do.

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2022 10:41 AM

It's getting tons of free publicity. It seems almost everyone knows about the film now. Maybe some will get curious and check it out. It'll probably do ok in streaming. BTW, are they showing it in theaters first? I think it'll flop there.

by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2022 11:01 AM

Why have these never-ending (standing) ovations spread to Venice, I thought they were a Cannes thing only?

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2022 11:03 AM

Not true, there's video of florence applauding and smiling while looking at olivia and olivia applauding at her back

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2022 11:06 AM

[quote] Probably the most ridiculous thing is the way these film festivals automatically give these standing ovations even if (as the initial reviews strongly suggest) the movie is shit. It’s meaningless now. Plus, who wants to stand over four minutes applauding?

R24 This. It's such blatant media hype. A film got a standing ovation for however-many-minutes...whoopie-fucking-do. As if that really has anything to do with the quality of it, as these film festival showings are full of industry types anyway all knowingly doing it for the hype. It's like one giant circle jerk (without the happy ending).

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2022 11:32 AM

Florence Puke.

by Anonymousreply 31September 8, 2022 1:13 AM

This bitch couldn't buy this kind of publicity for her crap movie.

by Anonymousreply 32September 8, 2022 1:15 AM

Miss Flo don't play.

by Anonymousreply 33September 8, 2022 1:21 AM

Aunt Flo needs to plug it up with a tampon.

by Anonymousreply 34September 8, 2022 1:22 AM

Its very clear whose side Nick Kroll is on. (That is Nick Kroll, right?)

by Anonymousreply 35September 8, 2022 1:26 AM

So unprofessional. Such thirsty whores.

by Anonymousreply 36September 8, 2022 1:29 AM

I can't look at Nick Kroll without thinking of what Seth Rogen said about him (to his face): "Nick, you're the Jewish face that Mel Gibson runs from in his nightmares."

by Anonymousreply 37September 8, 2022 1:31 AM

Florence needs to buck up and be nice to Olivia for the cameras. Shows the immaturity.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2022 1:32 AM

R24, based on what I’ve read about these standing ovations 4 minutes sounds like the bare minimum. Pretty much every movie gets a standing ovation and the typical duration is more like 6-7 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 39September 8, 2022 1:48 AM

R37, Seth Rogen has a lot of gall saying that. I’d fuck Nick Kroll in a heartbeat. Seth Rogen is an unfunny blowhard.

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2022 1:49 AM

r5, his rabid fans make sure that never happens.

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2022 1:50 AM

It's a fucking joke r40. Rogen said it on one of the Comedy Central Roasts.

by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2022 1:56 AM

R42 Not a Rogan fan but that is actually really funny

by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2022 4:55 AM

She’s a piggish stump next to that other woman.

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2022 4:57 AM

R42, sorry, Mrs. Rogen. Didn’t mean to disrespect your ugly, unfunny son.

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2022 12:15 PM

r45 you're way too invested

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2022 1:42 PM

If my name was “Pugh” I’d change it. It’s horrible.

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2022 4:46 PM

We need to bring back fake names for showbiz folks. At least Olivia had enough sense to change hers.

by Anonymousreply 48September 8, 2022 7:38 PM

Lol, Olivia looks like Rocky Dennis from Mask in this screenshot. Someone at Vanity Fair hates her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2022 11:34 PM

Holy shit she looks terrible in that photo!

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2022 11:46 PM

R49 yikes, she's aged like 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 51September 9, 2022 12:15 AM

Her forehead is so big. Aren’t bangs supposed to be good for people with massive foreheads? She might want to try some.

by Anonymousreply 52September 9, 2022 12:21 AM

R46, I'm too invested? I made a comment about a stupid joke, and the poster came back at me with: "It's a fucking joke!" Settle down there, youngster.

And I'm the one who's too invested.

by Anonymousreply 53September 9, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote]She should star with Imogene Poots.

And Alison Doody

by Anonymousreply 54September 9, 2022 3:03 AM

I didn't notice Pugh purposely avoiding making eye contact with Wilde, who was four people away from her. My guess is the idiotic Ramin Setoodeh somehow confused Olivia with Gemma Chan, who was the woman right next to Florence.

Also, Flo looks like she's a bit up her own ass, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 55September 9, 2022 3:11 AM

Flo, she don't know - the boy she loves is a rolling stone.

by Anonymousreply 56September 9, 2022 3:31 AM

[quote] She should star with Imogene Poots.

[quote] And Alison Doody

Pugh, Poots, and Doody.

Sounds like a STINKER of a movie!

by Anonymousreply 57September 9, 2022 3:52 AM

R49- Holy shit, the Rocky Dennis quote is spot on and cannot breathe I am laughing so hard at that picture and how much she looks like Rocky Dennis in Mask.

by Anonymousreply 58September 9, 2022 4:22 AM

They have the same face shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 9, 2022 4:28 AM

I just cannot with this Rocky Dennis shit. Its killing me.

by Anonymousreply 60September 9, 2022 5:57 PM

Can someone put the R49 and R59 Rocky Dennis pics side by side and post? Maybe Cher too??

by Anonymousreply 61September 9, 2022 5:58 PM

Olivia and Harry both wore Gucci to the Venice Film festival.

Yeah, Gucci designed that fucker-up shirt with the horrible collar that Harry was wearing. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 62September 9, 2022 9:27 PM

R57 — Sha’Carri Richardson put her weed down long enough to race yesterday in Europe, but lost to TeeTee Terry. Can TeeTee be included with your group?.

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2022 5:46 AM

Chris Pine looks twinky hot in that group photo!

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2022 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!