Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you make your own guacamole?

Why or why not?

What else can you make with avocados?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 29, 2022 7:27 PM

I don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2022 7:16 PM

Gook-a-mo-lay.

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2022 7:17 PM

R1 blasphemy

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2022 7:22 PM

My preferred method is simpler than traditional guacamole. No tomatoes, none of the extraneous stuff. I just mash a ripe avocado or two with some crushed garlic and salt. That's it. Oh and a dash of lemon juice if it's going to be sitting out a while because that helps keep it green.

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2022 7:23 PM

OP, are you Greg?

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2022 7:24 PM

No. My people take care of such things.

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2022 7:34 PM

I can't wait until avocado mania is over

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2022 7:41 PM

Yes, I sometimes make my own guacamole.

The key is to use Hass avocados. All I do is put some avocado in a bowl, then a spoon or two of salsa. Mix it up and done.

My mom used to eat avocado on toast from a long, long time ago. She put some sugar in it.

I can eat plain avocado in a bowl. I put Tajin seasoning on it, sometimes. Or just salt.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2022 7:41 PM

I prefer plain avocado to guacamole.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2022 7:47 PM

Avocado and salsa is not guacamole.

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2022 7:58 PM

Yes. I use a mocajete because I’m fancy. It makes a beautiful consistency and I don’t know why, but the flavor is outstanding. Cilantro and onion, then avocado, salt and lime juice.

Avocados are also very good with rice vinegar and “everything but the bagel” seasoning from Trader Joe’s.

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2022 7:59 PM

Yes. Too easy not too.

Smash avocado in the molcajete. Add cilantro, red onion, tomatoes, salt and lime juice.

by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2022 8:00 PM

I add one to my morning smootie

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2022 8:03 PM

R4 that’s not guacamole, it’s smooshed avocado.

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2022 11:55 PM

I have an avocado tree in my yard, and use them as spread instead of mayo for burgers, BLTs- any kind of sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2022 12:00 AM

I SHOVE AVOCADOS UP MY ASS

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2022 12:07 AM

And I'm sure you can fit in quite a few.

by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2022 12:08 AM

I make my own guacamole. The secret ingredient is a dash of cumin.

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2022 12:15 AM

Store bought has become gross. Some prepacked guacamole uses green food dye and mayo and no real avacodo. Never again.

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2022 12:16 AM

To green food dye you object, R19?

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2022 12:19 AM

Si! I make my own guac.

I also love doing a mockup of the stuffed avacados from Chuy's.

by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2022 12:20 AM

I smash up my home-made lasagna in my hand-crafted molcajete and serve it with Ruffles potato chips. None of my guests has ever been able to tell the difference from guacamole.

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2022 12:23 AM

I make guacamole whenever I have good avocados. (Hass is the best and they must be fully ripe with the skin turned black.)

Mash cut up limes, to express the oil. The lime oil is essential to the flavor. Take the limes out but leave the juice. Mash fresh garlic and add it in. Chop up mild green chiles finely and mix them in. If you don't have fresh chiles, you can use canned, or even green taco sauce. Never use red chiles or red taco sauce, as they will ruin the color.

Cut up the avocado into tiny chunks while it's still in the shell, then scoop the chunks out and mix them into the mixture of the other ingredients. Mix it enough to distribute evenly and stop there. Don't make a completely smooth paste of it. You want hundreds of tiny chunks of avocado throughout it.

Add chopped cilantro if you like cilantro, if you don't like it, then just omit it, it won't matter.

You do not need to add salt, if you are going to eat this with tortilla chips, because the chips will have plenty of salt. Otherwise, add a little salt to your taste.

Never add tomatoes, because they will make it watery, no matter how you prepare them.

Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour before eating it. Eat it within 4 or 5 hours of making it.

by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2022 12:26 AM

I used to make it when I had a social life. it’s ALWAYS better when it’s really fresh.

Now I usually just eat avocados in a salad but they’re too expensive this year.

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2022 12:30 AM

Needs a lot of salt

by Anonymousreply 25August 28, 2022 12:32 AM

A touch of paprika and saffron are my secret ingredients!

by Anonymousreply 26August 28, 2022 12:33 AM

Whoever said guacamole doesn’t need salt because of the chips is dead ass wrong.

by Anonymousreply 27August 28, 2022 12:38 AM

The secret ingredient that takes any batch of guacamole into the next dimension: a tiny amount of ANCHOVY PASTE. I can't believe I'm revealing this. I must be about to die.

by Anonymousreply 28August 28, 2022 12:44 AM

I can't eat guacamole, it looks disgusting, regardless of what it tastes like.

by Anonymousreply 29August 28, 2022 12:55 AM

You're missing out, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30August 28, 2022 6:42 AM

I've noticed that people that don't like avocado and artichokes aren't West Coasters. .

by Anonymousreply 31August 28, 2022 7:02 AM

I Iove guacamole 🥑 but i have a question. Sometimes i need to set it out for it to become real soft, but before it does so, part of it becomes dark brown. What do you do with this?

by Anonymousreply 32August 28, 2022 7:04 AM

Also if they start getting Black and brown in patches before the fruit turns entirely soft, do you eat the semi-soft avocado? What's the best way?

by Anonymousreply 33August 28, 2022 7:07 AM

Guacamole is not complete without a few shakes of hot sauce.

by Anonymousreply 34August 28, 2022 7:10 AM

Fresh green chillies is even better, finely chopped.

by Anonymousreply 35August 28, 2022 7:12 AM

[quote] "I can't wait until avocado mania is over"

Avocado is lovely. I eat it, and use it with oatmeal in face masks. My mother did the same for decades. But I feel you, R7. Perhaps the prices will go down a bit when they're not so in demand. Here's hoping!

And as far as guac is concerned, I don't make my own. I eat avocado on occasion as I said above, but not in guac form. I'll remember to consult this thread when I get around to making it.

In fact, I'd like to try a number of different DL recipes. This is where I discovered Ina's Sausage, Apple, & Herb Stuffing recipe (it's my FAVORITE now, and has been for years).

by Anonymousreply 36August 28, 2022 7:24 AM

R15 I tried it recently on ground sirloin burgers with portobello mushrooms and very sharp cheddar, open faced on whole grain bread. It was superb!

by Anonymousreply 37August 28, 2022 8:51 AM

Yes, I make my own, because guacamole is one of those foods that do not compare in terms of home made vs store bought. It's easy to make, too. Guac is one of my Top 5 Desert Island foods, I fucking love it so much.

by Anonymousreply 38August 28, 2022 9:23 AM

Without jalapeños it is useless.

by Anonymousreply 39August 28, 2022 9:54 AM

No. I'm allergic to avocados but it's okay (or a very mild traction) if it's as a small component in a dish. American women tend to go all out with the sympathy thing, "Oh, I'm sorry! That's terrible to be allergic to avocados!". But the truth is, I don't like them: the texture, the taste, the people fawning over them as though they were the greatest luxury.

Life is better without them.

by Anonymousreply 40August 28, 2022 11:13 AM

Every once in a while I do because I get a taste for the height of frau cuisine, avocado toast.

by Anonymousreply 41August 28, 2022 11:30 AM

I grew up and live in Texas where guacamole is as ubiqitous as bbq and oil.

by Anonymousreply 42August 28, 2022 11:39 AM

An avocado smoothie or shake is a great complement to a spicy sandwich. I used to get them with a bahn mi.

I've never thought of making guac with either cumin or anchovy paste but now I'm looking forward to trying each of them.

by Anonymousreply 43August 28, 2022 11:49 AM

In Bali, I could order avocado smoothies. They put something in it to make it sweet, I think cane sugar syrup. Or they'd mix it with banana or cocoa powder. Wasn't bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 44August 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Avocado milkshakes are the best.

by Anonymousreply 45August 28, 2022 12:19 PM

One time during lockdown, mostly out of boredom, we tried a recipe for vegan chocolate pudding that was made with avocado and cocoa powder

It was not as awful as you would expect but definitely not worth a repeat

by Anonymousreply 46August 28, 2022 12:21 PM

Don't forget, if you find yourself out of Cilantro, just add a few drops of Dawn or Ajax to it. It's the perfect substitute.

by Anonymousreply 47August 28, 2022 12:42 PM

I've heard people say cilantro tastes soapy but I love it. Has a fresh taste to me. An absolute must for Mexican and tex-mex dishes.

by Anonymousreply 48August 28, 2022 12:49 PM

No. I buy it at Trader Joe’s.

by Anonymousreply 49August 28, 2022 12:59 PM

I've had such bad luck this year getting good avocados( probably lost 3 out of 4 to mold and various dark blemishes) that I now buy Trader Joe's™ prepared, both in the small cup 6-packs and the larger 2-tray size. They are good for what they are, a small squeeze of lime or lemon juice does wake up the flavors. It's fine added to a chicken salad or tuna sandwich, or rolled up in a pita with hummus and pumpkin seeds.

Unfortunately it doesn't work well to make avocado toast, you really do need the ripe, fresh avocado itself to make it taste the way it should IMO. When the avocado was perfect all it needed was to be smashed onto some multi-grain toast with a sprinkling of a spice blend I make that mimics the Trader Joe's™ "Everything But The Bagel" seasoning mix(which had become far too salty to enjoy) That and a Virgin Mary made a nice breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 50August 28, 2022 1:30 PM

Bronze Age Gay- I guess you consider yourself really old judging by your name. By the way how OLD are you?

by Anonymousreply 51August 28, 2022 1:37 PM

r51 I'm 72 yo. Jeez, that IS old. Maybe I should change my name to STONE Age Gay. 😁

by Anonymousreply 52August 28, 2022 1:48 PM

Bronze Age Gay- My friend's father turned 105 years old this month. You are YOUNG compared to him.

by Anonymousreply 53August 28, 2022 1:50 PM

THAT is the true Theory of Relativity. 🧐

105, eh? More power to him. He didn't happen to keep a diary all these years? That would be fascinating reading.

by Anonymousreply 54August 28, 2022 1:58 PM

If you run short of avocados, you can stretch your guac with a handful of these guys:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2022 2:03 PM

Bronze Age Gay- When he married his wife she was a much younger woman-by 23 years but she's 81 years old now- He himself is now married to an OLD woman.

by Anonymousreply 56August 28, 2022 2:25 PM

Has that Greg troll chimed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 57August 28, 2022 2:30 PM

[quote] probably lost 3 out of 4 to mold and various dark blemishes)

Same here. Ive decided I'll only buy them fully ripe and ready to eat that very day.

by Anonymousreply 58August 28, 2022 3:41 PM

R32, you can let the avocado ripen on the counter until the outside is completely black, and it is slightly soft to the squeeze. If it pushed in easily where your finger pushes, it may be overripe. But ifyou cut in and there are some darker areas, just cut away those dark areas. The whole avocado isn't bad - the bright green areas are still perfectly good and usable. Hass is the only variety of avocado that I find usable.

Also, NO: YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD SALT, IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE TORTILLA CHIPS. Tortilla chips have a lot more salt than you think. If you add any salt, make it very, very light.

by Anonymousreply 59August 28, 2022 3:50 PM

Ice cream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 28, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]Also, NO: YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD SALT, IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE TORTILLA CHIPS. Tortilla chips have a lot more salt than you think. If you add any salt, make it very, very light.

Alternately, salt your guacamole to your own taste preferences.

by Anonymousreply 61August 28, 2022 3:53 PM

r58 That sounds like good advice. I will try to get a few in that condition the next time I get to TJ.

r56 Still and all, they've been married a gang of years. My hat is off to them.

by Anonymousreply 62August 28, 2022 3:53 PM

R62- Yes, Since 1962 I believe.

by Anonymousreply 63August 28, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote]I've heard people say cilantro tastes soapy but I love it.

People for whom it tastes soapy are mutants:

[quote]Of course some of this dislike may come down to simple preference, but for those cilantro-haters for whom the plant tastes like soap, the issue is genetic. These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves.

by Anonymousreply 64August 28, 2022 4:04 PM

R32 here. Thanks r59 but I'm also r58. I'm done with any more of the ripening business. Ive done it before.

Also done the paper bag with the banana thing. Too much of a hassle. Now I'll just buy to use right away.

by Anonymousreply 65August 28, 2022 4:14 PM

I grew up on the east coast in the early 70’s - I had an activity book that had instructions for getting an avocado pit to sprout using tooth picks & a glass of water. My mom and I found an avocado at the A & P, and back home I cut it in half and got the seed set up.

Then we looked at the bisected avocado on the Formica counter. Mom said “What the hell do we do with the rest of it?” I shrugged, and she threw it in the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 66August 28, 2022 4:15 PM

I do make guacamole and here's how:

Mashed avocados Lots of lime juice squeezed on top Planer grated garlic Finely chopped cilantro Finely chopped scallion or red onion or shallot (optional) S & P Pinch of cumin or more to taste

Mix everything together. Put the pits back into the bowl of guac & squeeze lime juice all over the top Store in fridge in airtight container until ready to serve. I leave the pits in the bow and stir before serving. The pits and extra lime juice help it keep from going grey so fast.

by Anonymousreply 67August 28, 2022 4:24 PM

R41--Have you ever tried the "everything bagel" (sesame seeds, garlic, salt etc mix that is in the spice section) on your Frau Avocado Toast?

by Anonymousreply 68August 28, 2022 4:28 PM

Everything Bagel spice is also amazing in tuna and in hamburgers of any kind

by Anonymousreply 69August 28, 2022 4:34 PM

I grew up on a hill near downtown LA that used to be an avocado orchard. We had avocado on everything.

Heresy to some, but I prefer guacamole with nothing but avocado - some salt and black pepper - mushed up well.

And nothing is more satisfying to me than avocado toast. Yep, you need to get beyond the hipster shadow of it - but a quality wheat toast, drizzled with a bit of olive oil, then a ripe and ready avocado mushed on it.

The key to all avocado is get the right avocado, ripened to the right point. Haas is most dependable. Bacon and Fuerte avocados are tricky. Folks too often try to use avocados not ripe (like green bananas) or too ripe.

by Anonymousreply 70August 28, 2022 4:35 PM

I use my abuelita’s recipe. It brings all the much aches to my yard! Three avocados and one skin, puréed with two tablespoons of Duke’s mayonnaise and a quarter cup of dark brown sugar. Remove from Cuisinart and add a small jar of pimiento peppers and six whole cloves. Use a fork to fold in a can of mandarin oranges and a half cup of cumin for an authentic Mexican flavor. And walla! You have a party favorite fit for Sinko del Mayo!

by Anonymousreply 71August 28, 2022 4:37 PM

The New York Times cooking section has been pushing a recipe that folds "street corn" (they LOVE that "authentic street food" crap) into guacamole.

Sounds awful.

And, like most NYT recipes, probably includes a whole lot of sugar or something a lot like sugar (honey, molasses)

by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2022 4:40 PM

Remember a few years ago there was a wannabe trend of making guacamole with mashed PEAS???

I mean, it can TASTE ok, but don't call it "guacamole," give it its own damn name!

by Anonymousreply 73August 28, 2022 4:45 PM

OP is such a bore.

Do clicks mean THAT much to the puss-adjacent posters here?

by Anonymousreply 74August 28, 2022 4:53 PM

The people posting about Hass avocados are right. I was in my 30s before I discovered there was any other kind. They were in the grocery store, smoother skin and larger. So I bought a few. Disgusting. Truly inedible, I had to throw them away and I hate throwing food away. Watery, flavourless, terrible mouthfeel. If anyone had one of those as their first avocado I bet they think they hate them now.

by Anonymousreply 75August 28, 2022 6:30 PM

R75---Bet that was a Fuerta.

by Anonymousreply 76August 28, 2022 6:49 PM

r75 I made the mistake of buying them ONCE, and never again, waste of time and money. Your description is spot-on. I wonder if they are a "cooking type" of avocado, if that is even such a thing? Kinda' like the papayas or mangoes or carambolas that are meant to be cooked, rather than eaten raw.

by Anonymousreply 77August 28, 2022 7:17 PM

[quote] Has that Greg troll chimed in yet?

No, but I'm glad you're thinking about me.

by Anonymousreply 78August 28, 2022 7:21 PM

R75, R76 is right. Fuerte's will sometimes be watery, and have very little taste. Haas, if picked and ripened correctly, are scooped out of their skin pretty easily,

Halve an avocado - use the knife to wedge out the pit. If the pit doesn't come out easily or cleanly, or if there are brown spots in the flesh, throw it out. If it's watery, throw it out. If the flesh is hard like an unripenned peach, you wasted an avol

by Anonymousreply 79August 28, 2022 7:50 PM

I've seen the non-Hass avocados marketed as "low fat" and "low calorie" before. Which I suppose is true, but that's also the reason they taste like hell. I can't imagine that guacamole made with them would be anything other than terrible but maybe if it was an avocado shake or smoothie - if the avocado was just one ingredient of many and not the main one - they would be tolerable?

Tbh I wouldn't be willing to try it even for experiment's sake. They were *awful.*

Hello, BronzeAgeGay, btw. I am always happy to see you in a thread and hope you (and everyone here) are having a wonderful day.

by Anonymousreply 80August 28, 2022 7:52 PM

[quote]if there are brown spots in the flesh, throw it out.

And for the non-billionaires, you can just scoop the brown bit out (providing it's not too huge).

by Anonymousreply 81August 28, 2022 7:54 PM

Avocados are 99 cents this week, at least in CA. How poor are you?

by Anonymousreply 82August 28, 2022 8:05 PM

r80 Thank you for the kind and courteous greeting. I'm having a nice Sunday, just finished a late lunch and the dishwasher is grinding away with kitchen stuff from the last few days(I try to avoid hand washing anything at all, just usually my oatmeal pot and some large drinking glasses)

I like these threads that go quickly, with relatively short messages(although sometimes mine are book-length), makes for a lot of back and forth, like a conversation in real time, up close and personal.

by Anonymousreply 83August 28, 2022 8:08 PM

Mash up avocado and add Spike seasoning. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 84August 28, 2022 8:20 PM

The Hass (best) avocados start out either black or dark green. They stay the same color as they ripen. So, the advice about waiting until the skin turns black doesn't apply to Hass. Also, if you buy a few and they all start ripening before you can use them, you can put them in the fridge. I actually like cold Hass avocados. Just cut out any brown spots, as another poster has pointed out.

Other varieties of avocado (besides Hass) can be watery and/or stringy. Hass avos are very buttery and do have more calories than the other varieties. So what, though.

And yes, cumin is a good ingredient to put in avocado and beans and Mexican-type food.

Cilantro, I hated when I was young. Now, I like it.

by Anonymousreply 85August 28, 2022 8:34 PM

A medium avocado is only 250 calories.

by Anonymousreply 86August 28, 2022 8:38 PM

R86 And is an exceedingly healthy choice - calories per benefit ratio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 28, 2022 8:57 PM

Fresh avocado slices on top of Mexican Street Corn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 28, 2022 9:04 PM

Those are limes, you dingleberry!

by Anonymousreply 89August 28, 2022 10:27 PM

Wholly Guacamole in the small packs is decent for store bought. Needs salt, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 90August 28, 2022 10:51 PM

Cheated and used this mix. Everyone wanted the recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 28, 2022 11:01 PM

Interesting, r91. Is that American? I may try it. Did you have to do any chopping of ingredients?

I’m post-Covid, and do not give a fuck about anything these days.

by Anonymousreply 92August 28, 2022 11:04 PM

Smashed avocado toast is even better with crumbled feta on top and some cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. I say this having just picked that up for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 93August 28, 2022 11:17 PM

I won't buy an avocado to try to make guacamole out of it, but I'll buy pre-made guacamole and add extra ingredients after a quick taste to see what it needs. Dried onion bits, chunky salsa, maybe some minced garlic or spinach dip adds flavor to what's already there.

by Anonymousreply 94August 28, 2022 11:21 PM

Wait. People can just make their own... food?

by Anonymousreply 95August 28, 2022 11:43 PM

Unfortunately poor enough to have to care about the cost of avocados, R82. And they're nothing like as cheap as .99/each where I live. They're currently on sale for $2.75/each down from usual price of $2.99 each.

by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2022 12:30 AM

Your long posts are always amusing, BAG, so you should feel free to make as many of them as you feel inspired to. As usual, I am slightly giddy at being replied to by the likes of you. Hopefully we can still be friends if I confess to never having owned a dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote]Cilantro, I hated when I was young. Now, I like it.

Me too, R85! It tasted like soap and dirt until I was in my late 20s. I think what happened is that around that time I simply gave up not eating dishes with cilantro in them (it started to become very common around then and too inconvenient to attempt to avoid) and over the next few years I kind of got used to it and now I think I can say I even like it a little? It still doesn't taste the way other people say it tastes (zippy, refreshing etc.), but I can see now how it very much works in certain dishes, which would not be the same without it.

That said, my experience with Hass avocados is that they are very much dark green (and smoother) when extremely unripe and that they get blacker and rougher as they ripen. I live somewhere where they're all imported, though, so it's possible that people who live where they grow natively never see them in that unripe condition? Most of the avocados at the store here are either hard as rocks or very ripe/borderline overripe. So you either make guac the second you get home, or you wait 2-5 days, squeezing hopefully every few hours, and strike immediately when they're ready.

by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2022 12:40 AM

I've tried this, when feeling too lazy to chop ingredients. You do need to buy and prep the avocados yourself, though, this is just a mix-in. It's decent, though. Nothing horrifying in the ingredient list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2022 12:44 AM

I’m going to try that , r99.

by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2022 12:46 AM

It's much better than buying the guac pre-packaged, R100, and a lot less effort than making it from scratch. A good compromise, I would say. And the ingredients are, as I said, surprisingly legit.

by Anonymousreply 101August 29, 2022 12:59 AM

It’s like four or five ingredients. Make it yourself, geez

by Anonymousreply 102August 29, 2022 1:09 AM

Nooooooooo.

by Anonymousreply 103August 29, 2022 1:18 AM

People who think not making something from scratch is genuinely shameful are universally boring af. And this is coming from someone who makes almost everything I eat from scratch. Sometimes people are tired. Or don't have the time. Or just don't want to.

by Anonymousreply 104August 29, 2022 1:21 AM

R99, that's Rick Bayless. I wouldn't buy that but his sauces are good and a lot cheaper than buying all the ingredients. The enchilada sauce, tortillas and a grocery store rotisserie chicken I can have a decent dinner in 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 105August 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Yes...very easy. Mash an avocado, add salt and pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder, a spoonful of prepared horseradish (Gold's), a small drizzle of olive oil...and mix.

by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2022 2:05 AM

That packet of seasoning mix that someone posted above is just onion powder and garlic powder, basically.

My friend that has an avocado tree makes guacamole with just avocado, salt, and onion powder. I don't think she even uses lime juice.

by Anonymousreply 107August 29, 2022 4:57 PM

I’m buying the frontera mix today, because I can be talked into just about anything.

I will report back.

by Anonymousreply 108August 29, 2022 5:03 PM

What is r106 on about?

Are you having a stroke?

Horse radish and olive oil??

by Anonymousreply 109August 29, 2022 5:11 PM

Mustard powder?

Are you tickling my nuts, bro?

by Anonymousreply 110August 29, 2022 5:11 PM

Is joke?

Oh, ok.

by Anonymousreply 111August 29, 2022 5:12 PM

For a texture variation I sometimes add Grape-Nuts to my guacamole.

by Anonymousreply 112August 29, 2022 5:17 PM

No joke...no joke. It's good. A little bit of a bite and pizazz...

by Anonymousreply 113August 29, 2022 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!