Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patti LuPone: Madonna is a ‘Movie Killer’

"She cannot act her way out of a paper bag."

She's right, but can this cunt do nothing but bitch? Who hurt her? Why is she so bitter about everything all the time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2022 6:18 PM

Jealousy.

Madonna came very close to winning an oscar for Evita.

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2022 5:27 PM

[quote] Why is she so bitter about everything all the time?

Because she was harshly criticized by her teachers at Juillard. She very quickly developed a hard shell and has considered it vital to her survival since, which any slight setback, she doubles down on it.

I love Patti, she obviously sang the score better than anyone else by miles. But Madonna was perfectly cast in Evita, and made the film about as unleaden as it could be.

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2022 5:31 PM

"Winning an Oscar"? That skag wasn't even nominated and rightly so except that she played someone who slept their way to the top - big stretch.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2022 5:33 PM

Elaine bequeathed her entire cuntiness to Patti when she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2022 5:39 PM

Well, Patti is correct.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2022 5:39 PM

Love Miss Patti Lu. But I wouldn’t want to get on her bad side.

Wouldn’t want to be within 100 ft. of Mad Donna.

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2022 5:40 PM

She is honest and a straight shooter....and Correct!

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2022 5:44 PM

Madonna has been tolerable in the right roles, but she'll never be a great actress and the general public picked up on that. If we're being honest, most singers aren't the best actors. If one can be more like Dolly Parton and only take roles where they can bring their unique charm to them, they'll be fine, but they get in trouble when they start pretending they're Meryl Streep.

Madonna is a a decent supporting player in the right roles. Desperately Seeking Susan and A League of Their Own come to mind. Give her a leading role and she sucks all the air out of the movie. In spite of the significantly lowered keys, I thought she was fine in Evita, because it doesn't make a lot of dramatic demands of the actress playing the role. It's a leading role, but it's more about the singing and attitude than trying to make the audience laugh or cry. It was a good fit for her and felt like one long music video.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2022 5:49 PM

I doubt as cvnty as LuPone is, she wouldn’t be disruptive in a rehearsal the way that Stritch was in that Follies Concert rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2022 5:51 PM

Who wants to hear from a bitter would-be superstar who is pretty much unknown outside Broadway or with theater queens.

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2022 5:55 PM

She's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2022 5:57 PM

Next I want to hear Betty Buckley smear Mariah Carey in the press.

Then Jennifer Holliday can drag Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2022 6:11 PM

Actually, Madonna is great in Evita, the only role I like her in.

She had a great director and made Evita a much more vulnerable character.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2022 6:16 PM

R1 deserves an "Oh, dear," as massive as her hemorrhoids for the lie about ANYONE placing Madge anywhere near an acting Oscar. Other than when she's scoping out a real actor's award cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2022 6:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!