Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Describe an annoying person in your life.

I had lunch with a friend this week. We shared a large order of fries. He kept reaching past his side and taking fries from my side of the plate. It felt like micro-bullying so I started taking fries from his side of the plate. It was so silly and petty. He also insists he's right about things when he's clearly wrong. I limit the time I spend with him but he can also be entertaining so it's a compromise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2022 7:49 PM

Never share food, OP, it always leads to tears.

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2022 5:30 PM

I have a co-worker who is “trans.” That means a straight chick but is THEY/THEM.

*They* need disposable gloves (nitrile of course because of horrid allergies!!!) they wear all day because they are terrified of the monkeypox pandemic.

This is but the most recent foray into a non-stop whirling dervish of attention-seeking mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2022 5:40 PM

OP is an irascible horrid cunt. Puke.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2022 5:45 PM

My dachshund. He’s barking now and won’t shut up. Oh god .

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2022 5:48 PM

My Borderline Personality Disorder cousin. The whole family, including his siblings, are done with his attention-seeking, narcissistic bullshit. He's a lazy alcoholic who has such a completely fucked up view of the world where he's perfect and a constant victim and everyone else is horrible and treats him badly. Of course in reality, he's the problem.

He can't hold a job for more than a year. He used to get fired but now when he senses things aren't going well he quits before he can get fired. He demanded from me and his siblings that we call him several times a week to prove we love him. When we explained we're busy with work, spouses, kids, life, etc., oh no, that is no excuse because HE needs our attention. We just stopped answering his calls and texts. His phone calls were so up and down and manic. Sometimes he'd be on the highest high and would want to relive memories of us growing up. Other times he'd be maudlin and crying.

We've all told him he needs to get a good therapist. He's supposedly on meds but I don't see them helping. It doesn't help that his wimpy wife is a total enabler. She tried to get me and his siblings to get back in touch with him and, the gall of her, to apologize to him! No fucking way I told her. His brother, who can't stand he, told her, "You're a fucking enabler and you're not helping him!" Then he slammed the phone down. Yes, he has a landline.

It's too bad. He and I had always been close, but as the years went on he got worse and worse. Now no one wants anything to do with him.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2022 6:26 PM

I have a friend who interrupts constantly. I can’t get a full sentence out. I’ve mentioned it or said “wait let me finish” but nothing helps.

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2022 7:11 PM

People have gotten a lot more annoying over the last two years.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2022 7:39 PM

Instead of being petty. Be presidential and hurl your ketchup on the wall. That will show who's boss.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2022 7:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!