Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Troy Garity. Why ?

He's a more than decent actor, he looks like David Schwimmer's hot brother, he has a good body, great skin, hairy but not too hairy, a terrific voice, he's very sexy and he has the most beautiful hands ever seen on man, why does he not have a good nepo career ? he's not even where he would be if he weren't Hanoi J;'s son. What gives , does he want to avoid being categorized as another nicholas Cage of celebrity brats acting academy? Is J. blocking him ?What's the deal here ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2022 10:38 AM

I love him in CALIFORNIA ROMANZA with the divine miss RICCI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2022 2:32 PM

I agree that he's attractive and appealing, OP. He's worked somewhat regularly (for an actor) over the past 2 decades, mostly in TV.

But considering he was nominated for a Golden Globe (A Soldier's Girl in 2003) and got a lot of attention back then, one would expect a bigger, more high-profile career, particularly with his parentage. (BTW, you're going to get a lot of shit for calling her "Hanoi J" OP. Jane is mostly loved on DL, whereas Tom Hayden was a big asshole.)

Growing up in the public eye, Garity may not be terribly ambitious (in which case he's probably in the wrong profession). He's also 49, so I don't expect matters to change for him a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2022 2:40 PM

He's been married for 15 years, and seems very decent:

[quote]On August 27, 2007, Garity married actress Simone Bent at Columbia University's St. Paul's Chapel. Garity is the founder of the Peace Process Network, an international gang violence prevention coalition, and he is the chairman of Homies Unidos, a gang violence prevention group in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2022 2:42 PM

I'm NOT some middle aged man's MOTHER.

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2022 2:46 PM

Oh whew, at first I thought you were talking about the schlubby older brother on The Goldbergs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote] considering he was nominated for a Golden Globe (A Soldier's Girl in 2003)

I watched that trainwreck of a TV movie last thursday, he was SERIOUSLY good in it. Borderline great. did it kill his career ? is it because he appeared as a guy who blows a trannie ? Shame, because he's a damn good actor

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2022 2:50 PM

That's DL fave/middle-aged manwhore Lee Pace in OP's clip, in full drag.

He looks a lot like Judy Greer, doesn't he?

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2022 2:52 PM

[quote] That's DL fave/middle-aged manwhore Lee Pace in OP's clip

Indeed. I must admit I was impressed, and a little bit turned on...those legs

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2022 2:57 PM

R6, The film was pretty good for its time, I don't see how it was a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2022 3:02 PM

R9, it was CASABLANCA for the trannies. Did you see the real persons who inspired it ? Nothing glamorous there. They look like their entire brain powers put together could lit a low voltage bulb for 2 seconds...Hollywood. Poor dear Barry Winchell was no Troy Garity, not to mention the pudgy little thing who's played by gorgeous Lee Pace..."She" sure had legs for half a day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote] you're going to get a lot of shit for calling her "Hanoi J"

But Jane is sooo sad

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2022 3:14 PM

When he was younger I always thought he was one sexy hunk of man. But I'm really digging his newer daddy look with the greying hair cut in a shorter style, and the facial hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2022 3:20 PM

HAWT R12. Look at this nose. The man is PACKING

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2022 3:21 PM

The only thing I ever remember seeing him in is soldiers girl. I was pretty young when I saw that and knew immediately that i was turned on by hairy men. he was so sexy in that movie

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2022 3:23 PM

[QUOTE] he was so sexy in that movie

FUCK YEAH

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2022 3:25 PM

I actually really liked Soldier’s Girl. I think it’s one of the better movies out there.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2022 3:26 PM

R10, I've seen Calpernia Addams in interviews, she seems like a very sweet and articulate person. Nothing wrong with Barry Winchell either. You're bothered because you hate trans.

by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2022 3:36 PM

You either got it, or you ain't.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2022 3:41 PM

I think he's got it, Rose. My guess is he doesn't want to play the nepo card, but for once, I wish one would

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2022 3:43 PM

It would be great if they could do a remake of the film for a new audience, Barry's Winchell's murder is eerily similar to Allen Schindler's, who was murdered seven years before Barry. The details of his murder are truly sickening and heartbreaking, one of the worst cases of a hate crime. There's a TV movie on him as well, but it could do with an updated remake also.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2022 3:49 PM

Would Troy play Allen ?

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2022 3:57 PM

OP, the question you should be asking is why has he not shown his cock on film? Or at least his ass, which you just know is beefy and hairy.

by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote] You're bothered because you hate trans.

No hunty, I'm bothered because I was loving the movie, the treatment was great, the performances were formidable, and then, the ending . Ridiculous. " I'm trying to be what Barry wanted me to be...a real soldier's gal" cut to gigantic Lee Pace sashaying away his little ass , all the 6'5 ft of him screaming "could you tell I'm a man, really ?" YES, LEE , WE COULD . IT'S OBVIOUS FROM MARS. That stupid line ruined the movie.

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2022 4:04 PM

agreed R22. He robbed us there.

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2022 4:05 PM

Thank God he has his mother's looks and not his father's.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2022 4:19 PM

Thank God he has his Father's dick and not his mother's

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2022 4:20 PM

R26, I think he has his own dick.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote] Thank God he has his mother's looks

What ?? He looks NOTHING like jane. Or Henry (which is the same). I wonder where he's got his dark, swarthy looks from. Does Jane even know who the father is ? He looks italian/middle eastern to me. Yummy

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2022 4:25 PM

Maybe he just wants to be left alone.

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2022 4:33 PM

R28, it's a known fact that his father was fug Tom Hayden. While it's true that he got his swarthiness from his dear, departed dad, he certainly did not inherit the fug. His mother is clearly the looker, and so is Troy Boy.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2022 4:59 PM

Tom had BDF for days, and Fonda's 1st husband, the frenchman, what was his name ? can't remember, anyway VADIM! VADIM, that was his name, Vadim was a ten incher, so we know Jane is a size queen, and Troy seems to have inherited his father's genes, look at the NOSE

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2022 7:59 PM

True, R31. But Troy has beautiful skin, whereas Dad looked like he got in the face by a bag of nickels. Such a pockmarked motherfucker.

Troy has it all--big nose, big dick (I'm sure), big-dick energy, a great chin, and those brown eyes seal the deal. I would do him so hard.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2022 8:02 PM

What does he look like naked?

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2022 8:03 PM

Fucker has never done a nude scene. I'd say he better hurry and show us his kielbasa and fat ass, because right now he's at his peak.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2022 8:09 PM

we see his furry chest in soldier's girl, it's fucking perfect. Toned, but not overly muscled, covered in dark fuzz, and this vanilla skin ...hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That whore Lee must have banged his head against a wall between takes in frustration.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2022 8:17 PM

Also, he's quite tall. Pace is 6"3 and Troy is exactly on the same level. makes kissing easy. Fuck Pace,I want to kill that bitch. He's got Troy's tongue in his mouff for 3/4 of the movie

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2022 9:15 PM

^Mary!

by Anonymousreply 37August 21, 2022 2:16 AM

Dick pics or this thread is useless.

by Anonymousreply 38August 21, 2022 2:44 AM

Scott Caan gazing up at that big hunk of man thinking, "God, I want you up inside me so damn bad".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 21, 2022 10:37 AM

I never understood why Troy Garity didn't play his father, Tom Hayden in that Chicago 7 film - instead of fucking Eddie Redmayne!!

by Anonymousreply 40August 21, 2022 10:42 AM

R39 if ever "eye-fucking" was illustrated !

by Anonymousreply 41August 21, 2022 10:44 AM

R39 their parents totally fucked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 21, 2022 10:46 AM

a awful long time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 21, 2022 10:47 AM

I remember reading in a Jane Fonda bio that at 15 Troy ran away from home to join the circus because he fell for a girl circus performer he had seen. Jane had to track him down and drag him home. The boy is trash in a good way 😜

by Anonymousreply 44August 21, 2022 12:13 PM

He's a character actor and not a leading man. That's not his fault and he has obviously known that his whole career.

I like him. He's tall, dark, and handsome and harms nobody. He looks like a far more handsome version of his late father (who had great politics btw) thanks to his Fonda genes.

Someone upthread mentioned his hands. Yeah. he totally inherited his mother's long fingers and nice hands just in a masculine way is all.

He's unique what for his manner of speaking within that tall, dark, and handsome package. I first saw him in "Barbershop." I don't blame him for not going for broke with p.r. stuff because even though I think both his parents were cool a lot of people hate them you know. Jane Fonda still gets the hate from some folks even now.

by Anonymousreply 45August 21, 2022 12:27 PM

[quote] I like him. He's tall, dark, and handsome and harms nobody.

He's welcome to harm me whenever

by Anonymousreply 46August 21, 2022 12:35 PM

I thought he was excellent in Soldier’s Girl.

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2022 12:41 PM

He doesn't need to strive to be a bigger star. He knows when Jane dies he'll be set for life.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2022 12:46 PM

r48 as well as his children, and grandchildren. That bitch is RICH

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2022 12:50 PM

^ I would say that Troy and his sister are already set for life

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2022 12:50 PM

VERY BIZARRE FAMILY. Troy and Vanessa are brother and sister to Christian Vadim, Deneuve's son, who's Chiara Mastroianni's brother, and also to Bardot's son Nicholas-Jacques. Chiara has many siblings on Marcello's side. And Faye was their stepmother at one point. One wonder what Christmas was like in the family

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2022 12:57 PM

[quote]Vadim was a ten incher, so we know Jane is a size queen

What are you basing this tidbit on, his famous wives?

[quote]He doesn't need to strive to be a bigger star. He knows when Jane dies he'll be set for life.

From what? Mama was never a $20 million a picture actor and it's well know Jane donated her exercise tapes money to charity and political issues. The most she made was recently from her series. Set for life needs to be a shitload.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2022 12:59 PM

Such Data hypocrisy. Aren't we supposed to hate him because of nepotism?

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote] What are you basing this tidbit on, his famous wives?

wife 4 Anette Stroyberg replied in an interview to ",what made him so special ?" - ten inches

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2022 1:04 PM

Jane had a massive share of Ted Turner's assets when they split, it was the divorce deal of the century, besides, she a trustfund gal, mommy was crazy rich. Crazy AND rich. Old Henry left Jane and Peter out of his will, because they had sufficiently from mommy's estate

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2022 1:07 PM

Vanessa lives in Atlanta. I saw her once several years back at some sort of event (maybe a book signing or something similar) at Lenox as I was exiting. I know she's got kids from multiple men and was married once. But she's quite butch in appearance. I think she might just be lesbo.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2022 1:15 PM

" Jane Fonda net worth $200 million"

At least a dozen google sources

Mama is loaded

by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote] Troy and Vanessa are brother and sister to Christian Vadim,

to nit-pick, r51, but only Vanessa would be a half-sister, biologically, to other children of Vadim. Garrity isn't any type of sibling to a Vadim.

I don't know how much dough Fonda has, but I can't believe she isn't loaded.

I believe the reports that she spends a lot of her money to support her activism and donate to causes, but I think her children will be left a nice chunk of purchasing power when Fonda dies.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2022 1:26 PM

R58, technically true, but do you think these children draw a line ? My parents , unlike Vadim and Jane, were not whores, so I only have full siblings. I don't know how it works in stovepipes families

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2022 1:31 PM

The thing is Jane would be worth 5 times her $200 million if she weren't so political and went the endorsement route. She's one of the few in Hollywood who actually isn't a sellout

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2022 1:33 PM

R52 is fucking stupid but that’s not an excuse for opening his trap in ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote] [R52] is fucking stupid

wow, I was totally sure it was for me. I scrolled up and I'm not R52...for once

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote] but do you think these children draw a line ?

I don't know and don't care, r59.

I do know that biologically and legally (as in, not even a step-brother), Garity and Vadim offspring are not related.

and what's with the judgmental "whores" characterization?

I myself, like you, am a member of a set of full siblings, no half or step siblings.

I'll grant, the noteworthy about that is those types of families might be becoming a thing of the past, and there can be debate about whether that's a good or bad thing.

But to characterize parents as "whores" who have children with more than one person? I wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean people who do are "whores".

by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2022 1:43 PM

The classic 'nuclear family', mom, dad & 2 kids, is pretty much dying out rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2022 1:50 PM

Having half-siblings does not mean your parents were "whores"

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2022 2:01 PM

Troy and his wife are child free. Bless them for that!

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote]Having half-siblings does not mean your parents were "whores"

call me narrow minded, but unless one of them died and the other remarried, it totally does

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2022 6:58 PM

^ Ok, you're VERY narrow and probably in the camp that wants to force women to have babies no matter what the situation

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2022 8:19 PM

R68, sugar, I wouldn't touch a woman with a ten ft pole, and you can rest assured that nobody wants women to have babies LESS than me

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2022 8:27 PM

Troy O'Donovan Garity (born July 7, 1973), 49 years old.

His parents gave him the last name Garity, the surname of his paternal grandmother. He grew up in Santa Monica. His half-sister is director and cinematographer Vanessa Vadim. His adopted sister is activist Mary Williams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2022 10:46 PM

R70 daddy's bulge in that pic though

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2022 10:48 PM

[quote]" Jane Fonda net worth $200 million" At least a dozen google sources Mama is loaded

Dude those are all guesstimates. Unless it comes out of her mouth or her accountant's, no one knows.

by Anonymousreply 72August 22, 2022 12:15 AM

^ Ok, she's worth a buck ninety-eight. Happy?

I always get a kick out of people on DL who can't understand why an 84 year old academy award wining actress who was once married to a billionaire might be fucking loaded. She's rich, you're not, get over it

She just sold a ranch that Ted Turner gave her for $20 million. How's that for starters?

by Anonymousreply 73August 22, 2022 12:24 AM

Jane Fonda is filthy rich. Even if you discount wealth from inheritance or her previous work or marriages, she still gets millions from her endorsement deals such as Loreal and movies and series.

by Anonymousreply 74August 22, 2022 12:34 AM

the "that's implausible "trolls are in full force this summer, ruining threads everywhere. Just die FFS. This is supposed to be a fun place.

by Anonymousreply 75August 22, 2022 8:38 AM

Even at the height of her black panthers phase, Jane never had less than a 6 zeros figure in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 76August 22, 2022 8:43 AM

I love that he loves Black culture and hip hop.

by Anonymousreply 77August 22, 2022 10:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!