Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eleen DeGeneres' partners: Who is more famous, accomplished, appealing, interesting, etc.?

Anne Heche or Portia de Rossi?

Anne's Wiki page below. Portia's Wiki page follows on Post #1.

I don't like Ellen, but here partners seem more likeable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2024 9:55 PM

Portia de Rossi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2022 7:48 PM

Portia is prettier but Anne was more interesting and the better actress.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2022 7:51 PM

*her

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2022 7:57 PM

Portia. I liked her on Ally McBeal. She's a fun villainess.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2022 7:59 PM

They have both worked fairly steadily. I think Anne edges out Portia, but only slightly.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2022 8:28 PM

R5 I did think Anne would have edged out Portia just because she was great in "Another World" and she's such an ACTRESS. But I changed my mind. Last night I decided to watch the pilot of "Men in Trees" which was well reviewed. It started with a montage of Anne's character doing her relationship counseling thing at various seminars, talking in front of crowds. She's supposed to be charming, funny, comfortable, very practiced. All that came across but there was no there there. She's like a little acting puppet or an Uncanny Valley actor. She can do anything. Cry, look amused, take a beat, be turned on, be angry, etc. looking great the entire time, but it's all super glib and no matter how much range she's showing it feels artificial. I turned the show off. I realize even though I've been following her since her soap days and think of her as a good actress I never watch her stuff after the first few minutes - or less. It's just exhausting. There's a lot of acting going on but not much real person.

I watched Portia De Rossi's intro episode on Ally McBeal confirming what I remembered - she comes on as an ice queen and does a great job but you like HER. The performer. So she may not have had the Anne Heche range and flashiness, but she was genuine in her work.

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2022 3:16 PM

I guess now Portia is, but Anne was.

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2022 3:25 PM

Anne was much more beautiful, but she was not a real pussyhound. Lesbian until the end of college type.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2022 3:25 PM

Anne's last relationship was with a woman. And then right after James Tupper, she was with Liz Brixius. I think in between Brixius and her last relationship she was with Thomas Jane.

I think she was a homophobic bisexual woman.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2022 6:35 PM

Anne’s acting was riveting and raw in BIRTH. But I do see her as superficial in other roles.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2022 8:21 PM

Portia has a knack for a certain type of comedy, and was great in Ally McBeal, Better Off Ted, and AD. But Anne was the better and more versatile actress overall.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2022 8:32 PM

I think Anne was more versatile but not better. Glib for a better word for it. Cry, laugh, do both at the same time, but it never felt real to me. I don't think of her characters as people and I get bored fast considering how much energy she has, her obvious intelligence and how pretty she is. She's a slightly better Paltrow. Paltrow, I think, had less range because maybe she didn't quite get what she was imitating, lacking the experience, but Heche did. I never felt she was immersing herself in the role or living the role. Just immersed in performance. weird distinction but it's a difference between connecting with someone as a real person and kind of going "Look at that."

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2022 8:54 PM

PS - and I think Ellen DeGeneres had more chemistry with Joely Fisher than with Anne Heche and Portia de Rossi put together. Even though Joely Fisher is straight and they were just co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2022 8:55 PM

Portia De Who? Ally McWhen??

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2022 9:08 PM

Other than flipping houses for tremendous amounts of money, I am unaware of any of Portia's other talents.

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2022 9:15 PM

R15 nobody gets their pussy eaten like Portia… nobody

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2022 9:17 PM

R9 No, it wasn't. Her last relationship was with a guy. And she dated Thomas after Liz Brixius. If she ever even dated Liz. Maybe it was just a rumor. Never confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2022 9:22 PM

R15 You never watched Arrested Development or Ally McBeal? What are you?

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2022 9:23 PM

I've seen them both, R18 and my comment stands.

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2022 9:32 PM

Portia had good comic timing in Arrested Development.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2022 1:34 AM

How many days a month Do you thin Ellen tongues and scissors Porsche’s Ride?

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2022 3:04 AM

Anne by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2022 5:14 AM

R9 Who was the woman she dated at he end of her life?

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2024 8:07 PM

Anne was a real actress. Portia is primarily decorative.

Certainly the second Mrs. de Winter is easier to live with.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2024 9:04 PM

Johnathon Schaech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2024 9:08 PM

Hard to beat the Anne Hehe story.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2024 9:37 PM

R25 wow, Ellen got to tap that in his prime! Lucky gal.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2024 9:40 PM

Anne, if only for Six Days Seven Nights. Portia never carried a Hollywood blockbuster. I can’t even recall any of her work, other than AD. I mostly think of her as just another Hollywood housewife, whereas Anne had a long and impressive career.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2024 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!