Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your favorite and least favorite YouTube cooking channels

Who do you love or love to hate?

by Anonymousreply 167March 22, 2023 1:28 AM

I like Preppy Kitchen and High Falutin' Low Carb

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2022 12:08 AM

Simply "Simply Sara, of course.

She's worth THREE Julia Childseseses.

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2022 12:09 AM

"Simply Sara," and pardon me for being so simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2022 12:09 AM

I like Tasting History with Max Miller although it's more about the history than the cooking.

I've seen so many boring cooking channels I tend to just forget them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2022 12:10 AM

I know it’s not terribly sexy, but I enjoy the science behind America’s Test Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2022 12:13 AM

Has greg's "Pretentious Elegance" made its debut?

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2022 12:17 AM

Jeffrey Eisner who has a channel called Pressure Luck Cooking - he is a gay Bear (well his husband is) who lives in Queens and he does recipes all using his Pressure Cooker

His Pot Roast recipe has gotten 4 million views

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2022 12:23 AM

I like Not Another Cooking Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2022 12:26 AM

r4 I just found that guy the other day because I was searching something about the Titanic and now I've pretty much gone through his entire channel I like them so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2022 12:28 AM

Garam Masala

it's not in english but there's written supplement in english and you'll sometimes have to convert measurements.

but it's my most frequent go to...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2022 12:31 AM

I also like the aforementioned Pressure Luck (He's adorable), Not Another Cooking Show, Preppy Kitchen, ATK.

Adding: Kitchen Sanctuary (video below), Sam the Cooking Guy, Kenji Lopez Alt, Helen Rennie , Sip and Feast, Charlie Andrews, Divas Can Cook, Natasha's Kitchen.

Least Favorite: channels that are mainly cream of whatever soup casseroles, cool whip desserts and how to doctor up boxed cake mixes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2022 1:19 AM

Townsends and English Heritage’s Mrs. Crocombe for historical cooking, The Cooking Tree for pastries.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2022 1:44 AM

Ethan Chlebowski

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2022 1:50 AM

I love Marion's Kitchen. I made a lot of her recipes during the lockdown and they all turned out great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2022 2:03 AM

Eitan, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2022 2:41 AM

Chef Wang.

He cooks a mean Salamander!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2022 2:48 AM

Chef Wang's Mapo Tofu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2022 2:48 AM

Eggplant Dragon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2022 2:49 AM

R13 definitely digging this ginger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2023 5:04 PM

Ethan’s YouTube channel, sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2023 5:05 PM

I like the Sip & Feast guy a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2023 12:12 AM

Chef John on Food Wishes is the best, his cayenne pepper fetish notwithstanding.

Preppy Kitchen

Brian Lagerstrom

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2023 12:15 AM

R3 I love Simply Sara even if she does drain her pasta!

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2023 12:57 AM

I'm a big Alton Brown fan though I know he's not loved on DL

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2023 12:58 AM

America's Test Kitchen is one of my favorites, I enjoy watching Julia, Bridget and their guests. Also, the segment with Adam about kitchen gadgets and Jack with his taste tests. I don't miss Christopher Kimball who left to host his own show, Milk Street.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2023 1:05 AM

Ethan can take Alton's place. They have some similarities and Ethan's a bit easier on the eye.

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2023 1:05 AM

Tasting History with Max Miller is a very entertaining historical one, he and his husband are adorable and he has made countless ancient, and I do mean ancient, recipes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2023 1:19 AM

My favorite current shows are The Anti-Chef and Tasting History, along with Not Another Cooking Show. But you can't beat the original Julia Child and Jacques Pepin shows which are all over YouTube.

The Anti-Chef, Jamie Tracey, is totally hot. We have a thread about him somewhere...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2023 1:20 AM

Jaime on ANTI-CHEF is as cute as a puppy. He's so earnest.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2023 1:23 AM

Gurl Jolene Sugarbaker owns this thread !!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2023 1:25 AM

Chef Jean Pierre is really entertaining and does some great recipes. "A child could do it!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2023 1:27 AM

You should give Refika's Kitchen a try. She is Turkish and features a lot of great foods. I get a Lesbian vibe from her -but it's her food that makes the show worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2023 1:32 AM

I liked Preppy Kitchen, but now I find it irritating.

Chef John did tone down his weird intonation on his voice. This is petty, but I hate the way he cuts into his food for the bite shot. He takes the time and effort to plate it up nicely. Instead of cutting into something with a knife so you can see a cross-section, he'll just smash the food with the side of a fork.

I do like young, gay David Seymour. I'll never make any of the foods he cooks, but I find it entertaining and I do think he has cooking skills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2023 3:03 AM

Can’t stand preppy kitchen and anti chef. Their presentation and personality don’t work for me. Do love sip and feast for it’s Italian American dishes, chef John, and handsome Max Miller on tasting history. Not being prejudiced, but I also like Ethan Chlebowski. He’s really into exploring the science behind food. Brian Lagerstrom is another favorite. Just for his “Big Ass Salalds” alone he’s worth watching, but his bread recipes are also great.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2023 3:37 AM

Gothic King Cobra, he's creative

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2023 3:45 AM

The Preppy Kitchen and Tasting History guys are both gay -and hot. Sadly, the Anti-Chef is straight, and he's the one who makes my ducky go quack. The glimpses of his hairy chest in the quiche video above make me swoon...

Okay, I'll "MARY" myself over the swooning -but you guys know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2023 4:11 AM

Marion's kitchen from Australia and Yeung Man Cooking from Canada and Pick up Limes from the Netherlands.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2023 8:05 AM

John Kanell from Preppy Kitchen is handsome but sexless to me. Max Miller seems like he'd be a fun fuck.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2023 8:09 AM

I purchased The Preppy Kitchen Cookbook for my cousin. She loves it!

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2023 8:15 AM

What's for Tea is a fantastic Scottish cookery channel.

Lots of delicious traditional Scottish recipes like Mac n Cheese!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2023 8:17 AM

I love Smokin’ & Grillin’ with AB! This cornbread is 🔥!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2023 8:18 AM

I think Ralphthebaker is kind of sexy and has a cute Cajun accent. His food looks good too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2023 8:36 AM

My favorite is Maangchi. I love Korean food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2023 8:50 AM

I also like Charlie Andrews because I love Louisiana Creole food. There's a link to his YouTube channel on his site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2023 8:53 AM

I love the red meat lover guy! This recipe for wings is awesome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2023 6:23 PM

I like Charlie Andrews' videos, except the end, where he "pounds" his fist on a glass table to emphasize how delicious his creation is. I really hate that part and can't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2023 6:33 PM

[quote] John Kanell from Preppy Kitchen is handsome but sexless to me.

I liked his old kitchen better. The new one with all of the copper cookware (that he doesn't use) hanging in the background looks pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2023 6:37 PM

This Maangchi recipe appeals to my inner fat whore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2023 6:38 PM

R5, I like their nerdy thoroughness and practicality, especially when it comes to kitchen appliances.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2023 6:41 PM

I've long had a crush on married Jon Townsend, but I also like Justine's channel Early American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2023 6:48 PM

I like Laura Vitale. Her basic marinara sauce is really good! I’ve also made her chicken cutlets. Delicious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2023 6:53 PM

In addition to a few that have already been mentioned (Sam the Cooking Guy, Not Another Cooking Show), I absolutely LOVE Buon-a-Petitti (a.k.a. Italian Grandma Makes...). Grandma Gina is the bomb! The best is when she starts talking about the old country & breaks out in song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2023 6:57 PM

R46 - I agree with you. I can't stand it either.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2023 7:58 PM

R46 - I agree with you. I can't stand it either.

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2023 7:59 PM

r52, I couldn't click your Nonna Gina link open. Here's another. I hope it plays. She makes what looks like a good meatloaf. She pre-cooks her onions, and adds both Pecorino Romano and moozarell'. I'd skip the dried basil, but otherwise, it looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2023 10:05 PM

A couple of people upthread mentioned Brian Lagerstrom, who's enjoyable to watch (and not just because he comes across as gay)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2023 2:12 PM

I used to watch Early American but then I started getting MAGA vibes from Justine’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2023 11:38 AM

Andrew of Binging with Babish is energetic and ambitious and has a deft, wry sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2023 2:45 PM

I find the Binging w/Babish guy irritating.

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2023 3:37 PM

Wyse Guide

Some of you will find him annoying but I think he’s sweet and I love his recipes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2023 5:03 PM

I love Clodagh McKenna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2023 5:08 PM

The Danni Rose

She’s ratchet but the food is good! Definitely not healthy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2023 5:15 PM

I also like this lady, but her New Yawk accent is a bit much. Dying to try her stuffed salmon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2023 5:19 PM

You Suck at Cooking, Internet Shaquille, Sorted Food. I still watch Bon Appetit once in a while, but not like I used to.

In a weird way, Rosanna Pansino kind of turns me off. She seems to be super nice, but I am not a fan of food that is more meant to be looked at than eaten (her cakes are probably 50% fondant).

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2023 5:19 PM

I love watching Honeyjubu’s cooking videos, they’re so relaxing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2023 5:21 PM

Young Man Cooking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2023 5:25 PM

^^Yeung^^

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2023 5:26 PM

I see that Tyler Florence has stopped his YouTube show, Wolf It Down. His assistant was painfully shy.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2023 5:28 PM

Men With The Pot

These videos make me so hungry but I can’t stop looking, they’re hypnotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 20, 2023 4:42 PM

I have this thread on "Watched" because of your suggestions. I'm subscribed to several in English that have already been mentioned (Jamie is hot AF). There are several from Italy that I subscribe to because I'm always looking for a good Italian recipe. This one is interesting. It's a woman from the UK that travels Italy and finds old women who make their own pasta. Unfortunately, I'm currently low-carbing so I only get pasta one every month or two. I give you "Pasta Grannies."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2023 5:09 PM

You'll probably like Pasta Grammar then as well, Dustin. Eva is a marvel and Harper is a stitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Downshiftology

Hate the name but the love this channel. The recipes are easy to follow and delicious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 23, 2023 12:10 PM

Lately I'm enjoying Village Cooking Kerala, which showcases Indian cuisine. Like the Country Life Vlog from Azerbaijan, there's no talking, just cooking. It's almost hypnotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 23, 2023 12:37 PM

David Seymour (see R33) pronounced this mac and cheese recipe delicious. Paula Deen doesn't have anything on Tobias Young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 23, 2023 12:49 PM

German cooking channel Einfache Rezepte

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 23, 2023 1:28 PM

ThatDudeCanCook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 23, 2023 1:30 PM

Great Food Recipes / Grooßartig Essen Rezepte

I’m attracted to this guy even though I only see his hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 23, 2023 3:48 PM

Yes, R71 - I'm subscribed to Pasta Grammar also. They're a lot of fun.

I'm also a fan of John Kirkwood. He makes all manner of English food. He sounds like Winnie the Pooh. Seems like a very nice man.

Yesterday was the first day of the Lunar New Year so I went off my diet and made Chinese for dinner. I was rummaging around the freezer to find some chili I had made and found a container of sauce with meatballs and braciole. I then rationalized eating pasta for dinner since it was a waste to go off for just rice and a few dumplings. Having no pasta on hand but a bag of semola di grano duro, I made cavatelli rigati. It was fucking amazing.

Yeah, I know. I type fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 24, 2023 2:05 AM

Binging with Babish gets in my tits.

Where as the sing-song, Canadian affectations of Chef John from Food Wishes makes me smile.

I like the Sip and Feast Italian-American guy, Maangchi and HoneyJuBu for Korean and Guga for cooking soups vide.

by Anonymousreply 79January 26, 2023 2:58 PM

I forgot Mimmo Corcione! He's an old guy in Naples. He makes lots of pasta dishes, many he cooks low-liquid. No draining!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 5, 2023 2:27 AM

This guy is something else. Wish he provided subtitles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 5, 2023 2:42 AM

[quote]This guy is something else. Wish he provided subtitles.

R81 - Are you from an English-speaking country, because he's speaking English. Also, I hit the CC button on your link and it provided auto-generated subtitles in English, so I'm a little confused by your post.

by Anonymousreply 82February 5, 2023 3:13 AM

I watch a lot of cooking shows on Youtube and many mentioned here are great fun.

Not Another Cooking Show is excellent, I am deeply in love with Stephen Cusato. He's so freaking sexy.

Home Movies with Alison Roman is great. I don't care what people's beef is with her, I love her.

Chef John...the original!

Dessert Person with Claire Saffitz is a lot of fun, even though you need better skills than I have usually. I love how she explains the recipes.

Preppy Kitchen is addictive. John is so bougie but I love him and his comfy life. He has over two million subscribers, so I imagine his channel brings in some serious cash. He is one of those people who can't make the glottal sound (like Anderson Cooper) so he says "im-por-TENT" instead of "im-por-d'nt" like normal people, which drives me insane!

Gina the Italian Grandmother is a hoot. I love when she sings, it's so sweet it makes me cry.

Although she's been dead for a few years I've watched every video of Great Depression Cooking with Clara. She had such a wonderful manner and her grandson filmed all of her recipes, it's so heartfelt.

by Anonymousreply 83February 5, 2023 5:20 AM

I adore Chocolate Cacao, a Japanese baker who does AMSR cooking. He doesn't talk and doesn't show his face. It's very soothing.

And, he has sexy forearms.

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2023 8:38 AM

And, another vote for Marion's Kitchen. She's Australian/Thai and adorable.

Oh! And the French Cooking Academy with the also adorable Stephane!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2023 8:43 AM

(director, actress, writer) Kaye Kittrell of Late Bloomer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2023 11:16 AM

OH! I have just discovered this thread. I LOVE IT!!! Thank you, OP! I have to note that one the reasons that I do love this thread is that one can see pictures without clicking to open an image, etc. DL's policy of no longer showing images without clicking anything totally ruined the favorite paintings thread. Anyway... I like this girl here in the link. Island Vibes Cooking. She leans more towards cajun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2023 1:56 PM

Love to hate How to Cook That with Ann Reardon because she's such a smarmy see you next Tuesday frau.

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2023 5:15 PM

That Jamie guy everyone thinks is so cute is an idiot. I watched a video and he got the recipe wrong and fucked it up. Waste of time watching it. Why would I waste time on someone who can't even follow a recipe - there is nothing he can teach me.

by Anonymousreply 89February 8, 2023 7:27 AM

I enjoy the Preppy Kitchen at times. While I am subscribed to his channels and receive the notifications, I rarely watch a full video, he seems to make a lot of desserts rather than meals. I'm not really a dessert person and baking is just not my thing. But he has a very relaxing soothing voice and demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2023 10:57 PM

My biggest turn offs with many Youtube cooking channels is when they're overly emphatic and manic, and trying way too hard to be "witty" to the point where it's exhausting to watch and makes me cringe. These are mainly millenials.

Oh, and when they're cooking in kitchens that look like something out of a multi-million dollar home. Where the fuck are they getting all this money at such young ages?

by Anonymousreply 91February 10, 2023 2:13 AM

Chef Max Mariola

French cooking academy

Rick Bayless

Views From the Road

Morris Time Cooking

Caribbean Pot

Culinary Institute of America

Epicurious

De Mi Rancho En Tu Cocina

Bon appetit

Saveur

School of Wok

Lidia Bastianich

Maangchi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 10, 2023 3:02 AM

All above are my favorites. I haven’t found bad channels yet, but there are some that use toxic methods that are unappealing, like smoking food.

by Anonymousreply 93February 10, 2023 3:05 AM

I like The Elliott Homestead. She makes cooking from scratch look so easy....living life on a farm. They grow their own produce and raise animals for meat...does a lot of canning. I'm not a cook, but I love watching her and how she explains everything.

by Anonymousreply 94February 10, 2023 3:35 AM

Chef Jack Ovens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 10, 2023 9:15 PM

I watch a bunch of them and I've divvied them up in groups. But if I could recommend one guy who does consistently great stuff and deserves wider viewership, it's Adam from Omnivorous Adam.

Here's everyone else.

Top priority viewing: Ethan, Brian, Joshua Weissman, Omnivorous Adam, That Dude Can Cook, Sam the Cooking Guy, Jon Kung, Matt Broussard, Pro Home Cooks, Kaleb Wyse, Chef Billy Parisi, Not Another Cooking Show, Sip and Feast, Eater, Alex the French Cooking Guy, J Kenji Lopez Alt. Marion's Kitchen, The Woks of Life.

Tier Two: Food Wishes, Home Movies with Alison Roman, Dessert Lady, Bon Appetit, America's Test Kitchen, Sorted-Food, Molly Baz, Carla Lalli Music, Food 52, About to Eat,

The Ones I Don't Recommend: Donal Skehan, Jamie Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 96February 10, 2023 9:57 PM

So much hate for Jamie Oliver…por quoi?

by Anonymousreply 97February 11, 2023 12:47 AM

Boring and poor renditions of Hispanic and Asian cooking.

by Anonymousreply 98February 11, 2023 12:51 AM

I truly hate Nick DiGiovanni, who is much more a TikTok chef and who finds it amusing to waste immense sums of money by wrapping steaks in gold leaf, stuffing things with black truffles and Beluga caviar, creating towers of seafood and using mostly Wagyu beef.

He's at the opposite side of the spectrum from the Homestead youtube ladies who are always throwing five things in a pyrex dish, covering it with cream of chicken soup and american cheese and pretending it's edible.

Douchebags all.

by Anonymousreply 99February 11, 2023 1:00 AM

Spain on a Fork has some great recipes and he seems like a good guy, but something about the way he speaks creeps me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 11, 2023 1:06 AM

^^^ I like Spain on a Fork as well although I feel he makes variations of the same dishes.

by Anonymousreply 101February 11, 2023 2:37 AM

I like Souped Up Recipes for Chinese cooking. She always breaks down the recipes into simple steps, with full ingredient lists and measurements. Many Chinese cooking shows rely on hard-to-get ingredients or aren't clear. Plus, she's so cute when she says "Hi, Everyone!" and waves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 11, 2023 5:13 AM

I'm astonished by how so very many Americans consider this slow-cooker method, Mormon-style "cooking" as worthy of instruction, AND replication. I'm not singling her out for any personal reasons, as I'm sure she'd be a lovely person if you were to meet up with her in any random circumstance.... but this uninspired ungodly pig slop, or chazerai is just completely pathetic, and quite frankly truly nauseating really.

Almost every dish contains a cream of soup, a sachet of dried vinaigrette seasoning, or a boatload of sour cream , and shredded cheddar,... or other ingredients popular with Mormons who think they can cook.

Sorry Mormons, but this is too reminiscent of what my disgusting American Mormon ex would "cook". I'd much rather have a salad, a yoghurt, a snack, a piece of fruit, or a simple sandwich over any of these high sodium concoctions.

No thank you. Nothing at all wholesome about ANY of this sorcery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 11, 2023 6:49 AM

r38, Now I find that to be the complete opposite, I bet John Kanell is a loud moaner and can really chew up a pillow when his giant husband slips him the horse cock. Max and Jose, just a lot of pointing and giggling.

by Anonymousreply 104February 11, 2023 10:39 AM

I looked at Julia Pacheco's channel. It's all about dumping food in a casserole or on a sheet pan. She has one kid so I don't know what her problem with cooking is. Obviously, she makes good money with this channel since they have a shitty kitchen in the beginning and the current videos is quite fancy. She screams white red state to me and I find her videos repulsive. I pity anyone who grew up with that kind of "open five cans and freezer bags" cooking.

by Anonymousreply 105February 11, 2023 2:17 PM

WW for r103 for fitting "chazerai" and "Mormon" into a single post.

by Anonymousreply 106February 11, 2023 3:52 PM

[quote] Has greg's "Pretentious Elegance" made its debut?

Ni, not yet, R6 - we’re still in pre-production.

by Anonymousreply 107February 11, 2023 4:30 PM

R103 r105, I had to look. And yeah, the food Julia Pacheco dumps—what else could you call it?—is every bit as bad as you describe. That "spaghetti sauce" with brown sugar and cinnamon takes the prize. And then there's her voice. Glad I never have to hear that again.

by Anonymousreply 108February 11, 2023 4:35 PM

I loved watching Auntie Fee (I still watch her videos every now and then) because she was very simple with her cooking BUT extremely entertaining. I'm very happy that she experienced some type of fame before her death--about 5 years now. Her son Tavis has tried to carry on her legacy but he just isn't his mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 12, 2023 1:04 AM

Jack I like to follow. He's a real believer in rare meat, and I think he considers any meat to be overcooked if it's not red in the middle.

I made one of his recipes, served it to my mum, and she died a couple days later. I only suffered a case of the shits.

by Anonymousreply 110February 12, 2023 1:25 AM

If you like Japanese food, check out the No Recipes website. Everything is fairly easy to follow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 12, 2023 1:40 AM

Which Jack, r110?

by Anonymousreply 112February 12, 2023 1:42 AM

Best Japanese food youtube channel is Cooking With Dog

by Anonymousreply 113February 12, 2023 2:02 AM

R112

Here you go. I don't know you, but I can only wish you the best. Please don't follow this recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 12, 2023 2:24 AM

That was awful, r114. And I thought butter chicken was an Indian dish.

by Anonymousreply 115February 12, 2023 6:28 PM

Kay from the UK is the queen of awful cooking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 12, 2023 6:31 PM

r116, that is the worst cooking demonstration I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 117February 12, 2023 6:41 PM

R116 Was he actually crunching on the noodles? That is the grossest cooking vid I have ever seen. How did he get fat eating her shitty cooking?

by Anonymousreply 118February 12, 2023 10:03 PM

DON'T FEED THIS RICE TO HUMAN! THIS IS CHILD ABUSE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 13, 2023 12:19 AM

Peepaw "makes" grilled cheese

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 13, 2023 12:29 AM

I enjoy watching the cooking competition shows. It doesn't matter which one. I enjoy them all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 13, 2023 11:33 AM

[quote]Tier Two: Food Wishes,

This guy's voice and staccato style of speaking is irritating af.

by Anonymousreply 122February 14, 2023 10:54 PM

John Kirkwood is a retired professional cook. He specialises in sort of British lunchtime cafe dishes of the 20th century. He also makes bread and fresh cheese.

Because he is from the north of England, It’s kind of like being taught to cook by an elderly Emmerdale cast member. I enjoy it a lot, even though he’s a bit overlong and plugs his (actually quite useful) professional cooking implements on his website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 15, 2023 6:24 AM

Glen And Friends - I love his historical cooking videos.

Here is is attempting to make an early Coca Cola recipe (cocaine not included).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 15, 2023 2:21 PM

Dinner Party Tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 15, 2023 3:18 PM

Some of my favorites already mentioned. I'll add: Kitchen Sanctuary, a nice British lady making cozy comfort food.

Least favorite is the Mormons as already mentioned and I'll add Six Sisters and their crap recipes from the back of 1970s packaged food labels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 17, 2023 6:54 AM

R116 Kay's Krunchy spaghetti sticks is hilarious! FFS!

by Anonymousreply 127February 17, 2023 10:05 AM

Thank you to the poster above for the Souped Up Kitchen recommendation. Just watched the video. I make a fair amount of Chinese food but her preparation of the dish in the video was really educational and full of great tips (now I know why some of my food sticks to my wok!)

by Anonymousreply 128February 18, 2023 8:39 AM

I enjoy watching Darren McGrady at times. He was Betty's old cook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 18, 2023 12:59 PM

I love watching Nik fill his gaping maw with bags of food. I love his fat guests. He should invite Christina Metz over. She'd require 10 000 dollars worth of food though. And rolls of toilet paper and a huge crane to lift her about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 18, 2023 1:12 PM

Vincenzo's Plate has a few funny "reaction" videos and others with more useful recipes/techniques.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 19, 2023 11:21 PM

Not a cooking show, but a demonstration of different pasta brands.

Plus, I love this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 20, 2023 12:08 AM

Kevin Sessums....he needs to be sectioned

by Anonymousreply 133February 20, 2023 1:29 AM

I enjoy watching this guy at times. I don't think that anyone knows who he is. Anyway, rarely do his videos go past 5 min. but in that time frame he executes 4-5 different recipes. He never speaks. It is all about editing and the music and making cooking look and feel like art. In fact, I think he ran into copyright issues because of the music that he uses in his videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 21, 2023 5:14 PM

R134 according to his YT community post he's from (in?) Ukraine so probably not super fluent in English hence the lack of narration. Definitely an interesting shooting/editing style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 21, 2023 9:02 PM

Cooking With Jack. Because who doesn't want to eat pink chicken?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 27, 2023 1:53 AM

It's not a cooking channel per se but these are fun to watch. Some of the entrants are BRUTAL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 27, 2023 3:17 AM

Here's another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 27, 2023 3:18 AM

Another fan of Jamie, the Anti-Chef, as he teaches himself to cook using Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It's interesting to me because I went through a similar learning process with her books, back before I really knew what I was doing in the kitchen.

Here he makes a simple chicken breast with mushroom sauce and glazed carrots. Does he do everything perfectly? No, which I can appreciate from the perspective of how many years it's been since I was that much of a beginner. But it sure is fun watching him. And yes, he's as cute as can be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 27, 2023 3:38 AM

Seonkyong Longest's Asian At Home channel has a funny casual approach to simple recipes. I like her self-deprecating humour like making t-shirts with "nu:ders" poking fun at her pronunciation of noodles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 27, 2023 3:52 AM

I watch Chef RV and Chef Ron Bilaro for cooking Filipino food

by Anonymousreply 141February 27, 2023 3:54 AM

This guy is really beefy, and so is his channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 27, 2023 7:15 PM

He doesn't have his own show he's part of a team but such a cute pocket gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 27, 2023 7:26 PM

Andy's background story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 28, 2023 6:50 AM

Bruno Albouze (because he's nice to look at)

If you can get past his looks, he makes some really good stuff. However, you have to love to cook and love the kitchen. His recipes take a lot of work. For example, I'm sure that the hamburger (in the link) is off the charts in regard to deliciousness but how many will commit the time and effort for 5-6 hamburgers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 28, 2023 12:07 PM

Fee with Sherri Shepherd long before her talk show success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 3, 2023 12:13 AM

Because....

(Chef Robert Irvine)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 5, 2023 10:54 AM

Thank you r147!

by Anonymousreply 148March 5, 2023 12:51 PM

Frontier Patriot or something? A young 'wife' makes dishes from the late 18th century, using ingridents and gadgets of the day. She's got a chubby, fit/fat kind of cute 'husband' Ron (I have no idea if they are a real couple) who 'live' in a little cabin, with chickens running around outside, and they go to the stream to get water, etc. She cooks over a huge fireplace, with cast iron cookware that looks like it weighs a ton. The meat/potato pies look great, but life expectancy back then had people dying in their 50's.

by Anonymousreply 149March 5, 2023 1:03 PM

One more from the Sip and Feast guy, this one for pasta e ceci

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 5, 2023 1:47 PM

R150 - I make past'e cicc' almost exactly the same as the guy in the video. Almost. The pasta shouldn't be al dente. It's a soup, not a first course. The pasta should be fully cooked. Otherwise, he nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 151March 7, 2023 1:34 AM

R150 - I also subscribed to his channel. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 152March 7, 2023 1:55 AM

ANTI-CHEF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 10, 2023 10:51 PM

My favorites.

#1 of all time, may never be topped: Home Movies (Alison Roman)

#2: Dessert Girl (Claire Saffitz - her AR-ness is intoxicating)

#3: Villa Cocina (Rossana - she's always so HAPPY)

#4: Food52 (just SOME personalities though... I love Kristen Maglore and Erin McDowell)

#5: Flo Lum (Flo Lum - I want her as my personal chef)

I watch on occasion Collard Valley Cooks but I wouldn't put it in my Top 5.

by Anonymousreply 154March 10, 2023 11:01 PM

Confessing I did something I don't normally do - see a thread and immediately jump to the end to add a response. I thought surely others would have linked to my Top 5 list in r154 (a couple of them were mentioned). So heeeere we go...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 10, 2023 11:10 PM

Food52 (the one above is Flo Lum)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 10, 2023 11:12 PM

Villa Cocina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 10, 2023 11:13 PM

Dessert PERSON

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 10, 2023 11:15 PM

Home Movies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 10, 2023 11:16 PM

r153, I love watching Jamie cook. A million years ago or more, I began to teach myself to cook using Julia's French Chef Cookbook and Mastering the Art. I had no more experience than Jamie has, asked myself a lot of the same questions, and made many of the same mistakes. I'm strangely enjoying watching someone [italic]learn[/italic] to cook, as opposed to watching yet another expert presentation.

r154, Aristede, what is Claire Saffitz's "AR-ness"?

by Anonymousreply 160March 10, 2023 11:20 PM

I do not watch cooking channels because the chef is gay, and I want to stick my dick into his Eaton Mess.

I watch cooking channels to make me a better cook.

My favorite Thai restaurant raised the price on all their dishes to $20.

I'm learning how to make Pad Thai and have watched dozens of vids.

My favorite discovery is Hot Thai Kitchen - Pailin's Kitchen @PailinsKitchen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 10, 2023 11:21 PM

R161 - no one here is really watching TV chefs " because the chef is gay, and I want to stick my dick into his Eaton Mess" (whatever that means). Jamie is popular here because in addition to breaking down JC recipes, he's charming and hot.

Pailin is great. She got me making my own curries from scratch. We rarely if ever go out for Thai. A couple of years ago, she showed up as one of the chefs on Gusto Tv's One World Kitchen. Good chefs but the show is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 162March 10, 2023 11:36 PM

r162, thank you for validating my choice of Pailin.

by Anonymousreply 163March 10, 2023 11:41 PM

That Dude Can Cook

He's quick and too the point, has a real background as a chef. He's in an abusive relationship with his fridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 12, 2023 12:29 PM

Marcella Valladolid for California style Mexican food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 12, 2023 12:32 PM

Chef Nader creating a magical dining experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 12, 2023 10:22 PM

HE TALKS! Re: (R134 and R135)

Also, his name is Chef Alex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 22, 2023 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!