Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brendan Fraser as "The Whale." HOLY SHIT!

The Brendan Fraser renaissance (dubbed the Brenaissance) has arrived.

On Tuesday, A24 released a first-look image of the actor in Darren Aronofsky's upcoming drama The Whale. The film is centered on Charlie (Fraser), a reclusive English teacher suffering from a compulsive eating disorder who attempts to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter, Elle (Stranger Things breakout Sadie Sink).

The film is an adaptation of MacArthur-winning playwright Samuel D. Hunter's acclaimed 2012 play of the same name and will also star Hong Chau, Samantha Morton, and Ty Simpkins. Aronofsky's first directorial effort since 2017's Mother! starring Jennifer Lawrence, The Whale is set to premiere at the 2022 Venice Film Festival.

"Adapting my play into a screenplay has been a real labor of love for me," Hunter previously told Deadline. "This story is deeply personal, and I'm very thankful it will have the chance to reach a wider audience. I've been a fan of Darren's ever since I saw Requiem for a Dream when I was a college freshman writing my first plays, and I'm so grateful that he's bringing his singular talent and vision to this film."

"It's gonna be like something you haven't seen before," Fraser told Unilad last year of the film. "That's really all I can tell you. The wardrobe and costume was extensive, seamless, cumbersome. This is certainly far removed from anything I've ever done but not to be coy… I do know it's going to make a lasting impression."

Fraser was last seen on Doom Patrol as Cliff Steele (and Cliff's alter-ego Robotman). He also had a supporting role last year in Steven Soderbergh's No Sudden Move, but The Whale will mark the actor's first time back as a leading man since 2013's straight-to-DVD Breakout. And the Brenaissance is just beginning: he also has upcoming roles in Martin Scorsese's Killers of the Flower Moon and DC's Batgirl as bad guy Garfield Lynns/Firefly.

The Whale does not have a theatrical date yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303February 27, 2023 9:47 PM

This can't be healthy for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2022 11:27 PM

Please tell me this is CGI or prosthetics?

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2022 11:29 PM

Brendan always looked chubby. Now, he's obviously only wearing caftans.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2022 11:29 PM

R1 He’s overweight, but not to that extreme. Those are prosthetics and costuming for the role.

I hope this does well and his career boom continues. He seems like a great guy that went through some awful shit.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2022 11:30 PM

Be kind.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2022 11:31 PM

Brendan is looking like Jabba the Hutt.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2022 11:31 PM

Team Brendan.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2022 11:32 PM

Before/after shots. Doesn't look much different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2022 11:33 PM

R7 Is this a competition?

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2022 11:34 PM

I'm glad he's back to work. He may not be hot anymore but at least he was captured in his beauty when young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2022 11:34 PM

I hope he gets hot again. A middle aged sexy Brendan yes. First he needs to lose the weight and start using a really good hair growth product.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2022 11:35 PM

He really was a beauty back in the day. Now he's just fat, but not hopeless. This is probably a great career move for him. Clearly (lord let us hope) he's wearing prosthetics for this movie; either way, he'll look so much better at the premiere that he'll get noticed again for more than just acting chops. I suspect he'll also make an effort to get in shape to emphasize the contrast. Rooting for him.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2022 11:37 PM

He's been through a rough time and he always seemed like a sweet person. There's so many cunts in Hollywood who deserve to be shat upon. Brendan isn't that guy, so I'm rooting for him.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote] Clearly (lord let us hope) he's wearing prosthetics for this movie

Honestly, looking at the photo at R1, I don't think it's prosthetics.

His face looks fairly natural in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2022 11:38 PM

He's going to win the Oscar!!

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2022 11:41 PM

R14 Seems to be a combination of both. According to this report, "The Doom Patrol actor had to spend hours in the makeup chair having prosthetics applied to change his appearance, but having packed on the kilos in real life made getting into character easier, he says." (Whew!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2022 11:42 PM

R8 He looks better (on the left) than he did a few years back. I think if he keeps getting back in shape, he'd be a hot daddy type. He still has nice eyes and that charming smile.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2022 11:42 PM

[quote] He's going to win the Oscar!!

[quote] —Bookmark this page!

That's bullshit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2022 11:45 PM

I did it better.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2022 11:46 PM

total Oscar bait.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2022 11:47 PM

He is beginning to look like Louis Anderson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2022 11:48 PM

He'll definitely have to have a little bit of nip/tuck once/if he loses this weight. He's quite stretched out.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2022 11:49 PM

He looks like a youngish Rodney Dangerfield in OP’s pix.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2022 11:49 PM

[quote] He's quite stretched out.

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2022 11:49 PM

Never found him hot, even when he was younger. But his uncle George Genereux was a cute Canadian twink. Won an Olympic gold medal in shooting when he was just 17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2022 11:52 PM

R25, he was pretty hot in the 1988 movie "School Ties."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2022 11:56 PM

I'm down with the Brendan Fraser renaissance 100% because that's a man with a decent reputation who's very talented. He's been through some crap but has seemingly never been cruel about things.

That movie looks very unique and interesting and I'll totally see it. I'll most especially see it for him and because it's not about a fucking comic book superhero.

I love this for him. I remember when he started to bounce back some. There was this little series on Netflix about the Getty kidnapping somewhat of a long while back. I forget the title. Donald Sutherland was even in it. Fraser walked away with the whole show like nothing.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2022 12:01 AM

Hard to believe he's the same guy who was smoking hot in the movie "Gods and Monsters," with Ian McKellan.

That was like his PEAK attractiveness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2022 12:04 AM

R28 Like, for real

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2022 12:07 AM

The sequel to Gods & Monsters is in the works.

Ian McKellen will dispense with the canvas and instead paint Frazer as a wall mural given his now size.

The attraction in this sequel-not so much.

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2022 12:12 AM

"The Whale" is a great play and Sam Hunter is one of our best contemporary playwrights. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2022 12:16 AM

To be fair we all looked hotter 25 years ago.

Brendan Fraser is a very good actor and I'm sure he'll be great in this.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2022 12:20 AM

I’m glad he’s back!

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2022 12:24 AM

He should star in a Rodney Dangerfield bio pic

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2022 12:25 AM

He's fucking hilarious on Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2022 12:26 AM

R34 see R23

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2022 12:28 AM

Typecasting.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2022 12:30 AM

He has a lot of charm as an actor. I always liked him in anything he was in, even the clunkers (Bedazzled).

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2022 12:32 AM

Yeah, he's always had very good comic chops which led him to make a few really terrible comedies in the latter half of his early career. But he was too young and pretty to get (no pun intended) really meaty dramatic roles then. The play this film is based on is really good.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2022 12:34 AM

There's already some backlash to the film on Twitter. (Shocking, I know!) Fatphobia!

Roxane Gay will be absolutely exhausted by this movie.

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote] Roxane Gay will be absolutely exhausted by this movie.

Or she can be offered the LEAD ROLE.

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2022 12:42 AM

With all the lead up, the moment he dropped the towel in "Gods and Monsters" gave me goosebumps. I wish he consented to a full frontal. What happened afterward was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote] He's going to win the Oscar!!

Preferably made in solid chocolate. Yum yum!

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote] To be fair we all looked hotter 25 years ago.

Speak for yourself, I'm just a fetus.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2022 1:18 AM

I think it’s kind of sad. His weight gain is very unhealthy and clearly he has a problem. And boy was he hot in his early films.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2022 1:22 AM

What terrible things did he go through??

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2022 1:24 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2022 1:24 AM

He always had that Rodney Dangerfield thing going on just beneath the surface.

I'm looking forward to this movie and to his comeback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2022 1:31 AM

[quote] What terrible things did he go through??

I think he basically starved himself during his youth.

From his teens through his 30's, Brendan maintained a beautiful physique.

Pretty much all of his roles demanded it.

Once he hit his 40's, and after "The Mummy" movies, Brendan must have decided that he's just going to eat whatever.

He had to be disciplined for so long, and I can see why he just said "fuck it."

But he kind of went over board with over indulging in food.

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2022 1:33 AM

YES!!! That's who he reminds me of, R48! Lol, thanks! ;)

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2022 1:34 AM

R34 And then he can star in the Jackie Gleason biopic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2022 1:34 AM

He has the Brooklyn Seacow look.

by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2022 1:35 AM

He's been through a lot:

The physical demands of the stunts and maneuvers Fraser performed in his action and comedy roles eventually required him to undergo several surgeries over a period of seven years, including a partial knee replacement, a laminectomy, and vocal cord surgery. He also badly injured his back when clearing a fallen tree after Hurricane Sandy (2012), requiring surgery and rehabilitation.

Fraser alleged in 2018 that he was sexually assaulted by Philip Berk, the then-president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, at a luncheon in the summer of 2003. The assault, his subsequent divorce, and the death of his mother launched Fraser into a depression that, combined with his health issues and a backlash within the industry over speaking out against Berk, caused his career to decline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2022 1:37 AM

Could play repugnant Steve Bannon . But Brendan is a good guy in real life folks

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2022 1:39 AM

That's terrible, R53.

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2022 1:41 AM

I believe his oldest son Griffin is somewhat profoundly autistic and Fraser also took a lot of time off dedicated to supporting and raising him. I think they lived on a horse ranch because like many autistic people, the son was able to become more communicative around animals, in his case specifically horses. IIRC Fraser has spent a lot of his time just raising his kids this last decade and a half. I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2022 1:54 AM

I've seen the play of The Whale, twice, and it's extremely well written. Really a startling piece. Aronofsky is the perfect film director for this material. Brendan Fraiser will be magnificent, it's great to have him in the lead. It requires a depth that's he's not been given in earlier roles and he's right for it now.

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2022 1:56 AM

I saw him play Brick in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in London in an excellent production with the excellent Ned Beatty as Big Daddy. very happy that he is back to work. Talented guy. He was an interesting Brick. Quite good onstage.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2022 1:58 AM

With those kinds of injuries I doubt he works out that much. Also food rivals morphine as a painkiller, especially for psychic pain.

by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2022 1:58 AM

[quote] I think he basically starved himself during his youth. From his teens through his 30's, Brendan maintained a beautiful physique. Pretty much all of his roles demanded it. Once he hit his 40's, and after "The Mummy" movies, Brendan must have decided that he's just going to eat whatever. He had to be disciplined for so long, and I can see why he just said "fuck it." But he kind of went over board with over indulging in food.

Why would he have to starve himself at a time in life when most people can eat whatever they want and not gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2022 2:05 AM

To look like this, R60.

Are you really that dumb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2022 2:12 AM

He's got dual citizenship with Canada. Maybe if he drops one it will cut his weight in half.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2022 2:14 AM

R30 My initial plan in Gods and Monsters was to make a rubbing of Brendan instead of a painting.

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2022 2:25 AM

A24 is the only studio out there releasing interesting, smart movies for adults.

by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2022 2:37 AM

What is "The Whale" referring to?

I'm assuming it's not about his size. That would be so rude.

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2022 2:55 AM

R56, poor guy . Raising even a higher functioning autistic kid is tough, can’t imagine a seriously defective one

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2022 2:58 AM

R65 It does refer to the size of the 600-pound character; not to Brendan Fraser (who's not nearly that fat and is wearing elaborate prosthetics in this).

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2022 3:03 AM

He's always struck me as being a pretty dumb guy. He married a big titted bleached blonde who attempted to take him for everything he had when they divorced. And isn't he gay? There were always rumors to that effect. Remember that story he told about some guy (can't remember who it was) who molested him him rubbing his hand on his "taint." That supposedly happened when he was an adult, not a child or teenager. And he was all boo hoo hoo woe is me about it. You'd think a strapping 6'4 guy could defend himself against someone trying to "molest" him. Anyway, I don't have much sympathy for him. He spent years and years doing atrociously bad movies. I lost all respect for him after that, although I did like some of his earlier performances.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2022 3:04 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2022 3:11 AM

It’s a prosthetic. But he is big

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2022 3:18 AM

R27: I absolutely loved him in Trust. That was the name of the series about the Gettys. He stole the show.

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2022 3:35 AM

He had a role in the HBO show “The Affair” and he was truly scary in it.

I hope he makes a good comeback.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2022 3:39 AM

I think he's perfect as Homer Simpson, if they ever make a live movie version of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2022 3:47 AM

I thought was just how he looked now

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2022 3:57 AM

The play is about a man who leaves his family for a gay lover, and then becomes an obese recluse, and then tries to reconnect with his daughter.

It's quite moving, but of course DL will just make it into one big fat joke, and miss the point.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2022 4:00 AM

No kidding, R75?

Is this his second or third gay-themed movie?

by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2022 4:01 AM

R76 Well, his last gay-adjacent role was in the Oscar-winning "Gods and Monsters," so that might not be a bad strategy.

Tom Hanks won an Oscar for playing an ailing homo. Sean Penn won Oscar Gold for playing a doomed homo. Why not the star of "Encino Man" as well?

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2022 4:04 AM

[quote] t's quite moving, but of course DL will just make it into one big fat joke

I'm surprised at almost 80 responses, there has been no mention of Chrissy Metz yet.

by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote] To look like this, [R60]. Are you really that dumb?

You claimed that he spent his "youth" (decades) starving himself to be thin. To support your argument, you posted a photo of Fraser in George of the Jungle. He clearly gained muscle for that role. He showed off the muscle gain in 2 movies, George of the Jungle and Gods and Monsters. As a thin young man, he probably had to eat more (of the right foods) in order to gain that muscle. And those 2 roles = 2 or 3 yrs of his life. Prior to George of the Jungle his body was thin and average. After Gods and Monsters he moves back toward average.

[quote] I think he basically starved himself during his youth. From his teens through his 30's, Brendan maintained a beautiful physique. Pretty much all of his roles demanded it. Once he hit his 40's, and after "The Mummy" movies, Brendan must have decided that he's just going to eat whatever. He had to be disciplined for so long, and I can see why he just said "fuck it." But he kind of went over board with over indulging in food.

To gain muscle, you have to gain weight. “You need an overall caloric surplus to give your body permission to store some of that protein in the form of muscle tissue,” explains Schuler.

Plus, he adds, those extra calories help fuel your workouts, which can be beneficial because the more energy you have, the harder you can go at the gym.

The average active guy needs a minimum of 2,800 calories per day, according to the U.S. Dietary Guidelines, but you'll likely need to eat more than if you're looking to gain muscle. (This calculator can help you personalize that number.)

If you want to keep it simple, you can also take your current caloric intake and add in a shake containing roughly 30 grams of protein to start, says Dr. Nadolsky. (We love this organic whey protein from the Men's Health store.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2022 4:10 AM

[quote] The play is about a man who leaves his family for a gay lover, and then becomes an obese recluse, and then tries to reconnect with his daughter.

Sounds dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2022 4:14 AM

He's someone that I am weirded out by how much I want good things for him. I don't know him, he'll never know how much I wish him well, I have zero reason to be genuinely invested in how he's doing. But, I am.

I feel bad for him having been both such a beautiful man physically and seemingly such a sensitive person because it's difficult to not get caught up in your looks being your worth, especially in acting (obviously).

by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2022 4:17 AM

It seems like a lot of people feel the same way as you do, R81.

I'm surprised that Brendan Fraser has so much goodwill from Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 82July 27, 2022 4:23 AM

[quote]Remember that story he told about some guy (can't remember who it was) who molested him him rubbing his hand on his "taint."

It was the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association -- you know, The Golden Globes.

He hugged Brendan at a luncheon, reached back, grabbed his ass, then pushed his finger up against his taint. He then began rubbing it around it.

[quote]That supposedly happened when he was an adult, not a child or teenager.

Okay?

[quote]And he was all boo hoo hoo woe is me about it.

Yes, I'm sure that's a thing one gets over at 34ish years old.

[quote]You'd think a strapping 6'4 guy could defend himself against someone trying to "molest" him.

He was freaked out and ran away. This is the same as Terry Crews' story. Both men were sexually assaulted by other men, more powerful than them, in public view of a lot of people because those men thought they could get away with it.

And I'm sure he thought his career would be over if he spoke up back in 2003 so the fact that he ended it (for a period) himself speaks volumes. Maybe, just maybe it really did fuck him up.

by Anonymousreply 83July 27, 2022 4:38 AM

I think many of us see ourselves in Fraser. His weight gain seems to be triggered by some trauma or some deep-rooted pain, which is why many of us are sympathetic to his plight and want him to do well.

He was very good-looking when he was younger, but what always made him appealing to me was his smile and sense of humor. He was so likable, so it's only natural people root for him.

He has become an excellent character actor. He was great in the mini-series Trust.

by Anonymousreply 84July 27, 2022 4:40 AM

Hollywood Foreign Press Association didn't seem to mind about Brendan Fraser's and others complaining that former president Philip Berk was too free with his hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 27, 2022 4:47 AM

[quote] I think many of us see ourselves in Fraser.

You can stop right there. Yes he's an obese white male nearing 60. Which = datalounge's primary demographic. Dataloungers only identify with and have empathy for their own demographic.

by Anonymousreply 86July 27, 2022 4:47 AM

However when Philip Berk dissed BLM in an email; *that* got him fired at once.

Good to see HFPA has their priorities in order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 27, 2022 4:49 AM

Truth be told by nature or whatever late teens through early young adulthood is when most people reach peak physical attraction. This coincides of course with what we all are basically created to do; pair with another, and procreate.

Into middle age and beyond some manage to remain physically attractive (whatever that means), but much of that comes down to genetics. Lifestyle and other bits can and do influence things, but you can't fight mother nature forever.

Miss Delta Burke is but a case in point. A beautiful young woman who put herself through physical Hell to remain thin. By middle age she began losing that battle, then just gave in, which for many was an unforgivable sin.

For ages now those who are fat or obese are seen as somehow having poor moral judgement and lack of self control.

by Anonymousreply 88July 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Even when thin, it wasn't his natural state.

One of those unlucky people that have to watch everything that goes in his mouth from the get go.

He obviously stopped that discipline and i don't know whether that related to the 'assault' he talks about at that party which he claims caused him depression.

by Anonymousreply 89July 27, 2022 5:08 AM

Does he have an chronic case of mumps? Like most fat Americans do these days.

by Anonymousreply 90July 27, 2022 5:12 AM

Does one have to erect scaffolding under Brendan's belly to give him a blow job?

by Anonymousreply 91July 27, 2022 5:18 AM

[quote] Aronofsky's first directorial effort since 2017's Mother! starring Jennifer Lawrence….

Jebus, but that movie was painful.

by Anonymousreply 92July 27, 2022 5:48 AM

Aronofsky has never been a favorite filmmaker of mine, but I do like his tendency to give good roles to people who haven't had one in a while. Ellen Burstyn. Barbara Hershey. Winona Ryder. Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler is the DA movie I've liked most). Now Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 93July 27, 2022 6:25 AM

I will await the outrage that an actual 600-pound actor was not cast. Sarah Paulson recently was harshly criticized, not for her one-note acting (which would be long overdue), but for agreeing to play Linda Tripp, who weighed more than Paulson does.

by Anonymousreply 94July 27, 2022 6:39 AM

I fell in love with him in [italic]Encino Man.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 27, 2022 7:12 AM

He is wearing prosthetics but to be honest they didn't need that much he is already big.

by Anonymousreply 96July 27, 2022 7:14 AM

He had his ass grabbed and the guy stuck his finger by his butt (he was fully clothed). I know that is had to be a bad incident but when I keep hearing how he had been sexually assaulted I expected worse.

by Anonymousreply 97July 27, 2022 7:15 AM

R97, it wasn't the severity of the act itself but the helplessness he felt against the powerful man. It was gross, humiliating and wrong and he suddenly realized that he couldn't do anything about it. That messes you up.

by Anonymousreply 98July 27, 2022 8:05 AM

R93 And Samantha Morton!

by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2022 8:05 AM

This is a mistake. He will come to regret taking this role.

by Anonymousreply 100July 27, 2022 9:39 AM

Besides being one of the worst Best Picture winners, was Crash a career curse? Of that huge ensemble cast, only Sandra Bullock really went on to have big successes afterward. For the others, including the ones who were hot names in 2005, it was a one-way ticket to Nowheresvlile.

by Anonymousreply 101July 27, 2022 10:41 AM

I’m rooting for Brendan

by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2022 10:58 AM

R101 What should've won that year? Brokeback Mountain is also quite overrated in hindsight. The other nominees were Capote, Munich, and Good Night and Good Luck.

Other big movies from that year: King Kong, Memoirs of a Geisha, Transamerica, The Constant Gardener, Batman Begins, Walk the Line.

by Anonymousreply 103July 27, 2022 1:27 PM

Ah, youth...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 27, 2022 1:53 PM

[quote] He had his ass grabbed and the guy stuck his finger by his butt (he was fully clothed)

That happens every day of every week of every month of every year, between straight guys.

Straight guys do this with each other.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 105July 27, 2022 10:25 PM

Years ago I liked to think he was uncut. Now it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway because of the gut overhang.

by Anonymousreply 106July 27, 2022 11:40 PM

[quote] it wasn't the severity of the act itself but the helplessness he felt against the powerful man. It was gross, humiliating and wrong and he suddenly realized that he couldn't do anything about it. That messes you up.

Oh, please! He was a 34 year old adult male. If that incident really "messed him up" then he must be really pitiful. The way he whined about it made him seem like a big baby. Most men would have dismissed it and forgotten about it. Or punched the hell out of the guy rubbing his ass and taint. But evidently he was scarred for life. I guess he's very delicate and "sensitive."

by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2022 11:42 PM

Happy to see he finally lost some weight for this role.

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2022 12:14 AM

Lol R108, you're nasty.

by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2022 2:12 AM

This movie can't be any worse than Mother!.

by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2022 2:59 AM

[quote]Oh, please! He was a 34 year old adult male. If that incident really "messed him up" then he must be really pitiful.

You do realize that's not a normal thing that happens to people, right?

[quote]The way he whined about it made him seem like a big baby. Most men would have dismissed it and forgotten about it.

He didn't say a word about it for 15 years.

[quote]Or punched the hell out of the guy rubbing his ass and taint.

Yes, an actor publicly punching the shit out of the President of the HFPA back in 2003 when no one would have believed him and his career would have been destroyed.

[quote]But evidently he was scarred for life. I guess he's very delicate and "sensitive."

You really don't get that none of that is normal.

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2022 3:05 AM

What’s with the title though? As a teenager me and my friends would have purposely watched this movie to make fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2022 3:09 AM

i like fraser a lot. he's one of the great young actors. i like his turn in the affair, madonna could learn a thing or two from non vain actors like him. he's never sucked in anything - madonna has sucked in everything.

by Anonymousreply 113July 28, 2022 3:57 AM

[quote] You really don't get that none of that is normal.

Shut up Brendan, you annoying whiny baby.

by Anonymousreply 114July 28, 2022 4:00 AM

R92, maybe Brendan gets to eat a baby in this one.

by Anonymousreply 115July 28, 2022 4:17 AM

[quote]He is beginning to look like Louis Anderson

I thought he looks like Garth Brooks.

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2022 4:56 AM

Yay Brendan! The most likeable guy in Hollywood along with Keanu, Ryan and Paul Rudd!

by Anonymousreply 117July 28, 2022 5:35 AM

[quote] He is beginning to look like Louis Anderson

Everyone says little Prince George looks like Louis Anderson. So doing a little triangulation, maybe Prince George in his twenties will look like Brendan Fraser in his 20's?

by Anonymousreply 118July 28, 2022 9:55 PM

When is Brendan due?

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2022 11:09 PM

Oh, the story for this sounds really good and Sadie Fink is playing his daughter; she was quite good on all her Netflix shows.

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2022 11:12 PM

All of datalounge will forgive him if he can move most of that extra weight into his cock and he performs as a total top.

by Anonymousreply 121July 29, 2022 6:14 AM

I lived though Brendan Fraser, and I'm here......

by Anonymousreply 122July 29, 2022 12:05 PM

r107 I thought the same about Terry Crews

by Anonymousreply 123July 31, 2022 3:54 AM

He is treading a fine line. If the movie works he looks like a great actor. If it gets razzies he looks like a big fat idiot.

by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2022 4:37 AM

Because of this thread, I watched "Gods and Monsters" for the first time in years. Tears were streaming down my face. What a great movie.

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2022 7:18 PM

Ian McKellen was nominated for an Oscar for "Gods and Monsters." That year Nick Nolte was nominated for "Affliction" and Edward Norton for "American History X." All were strong performances that year, all of them would have well deserved an Oscar. But who won that year? Why it was that buffoon Roberto Benigni, for his feel good Holocaust film "Life Is Beautiful." IF that doesn't prove the Oscars are a crock of shit I don't know what does.

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2022 10:06 PM

And Just Like That, R124:

[quote] Brendan Fraser's transformative Whale performance wins major pre-Oscars award

A major pre-Oscars accolade has beached itself on the shores of Brendan Fraser's career comeback.

The actor has won the Toronto International Film Festival's TIFF Tribute Award for his performance in Darren Aronofsky's The Whale, in which he plays a reclusive, compulsive over-eating English teacher who is attempting to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter, Ellie (Sadie Sink).

A relatively new — yet no less influential — award on the awards season trail, TIFF Tribute prizes have gone to significant Oscar contenders in recent years. Since the prize's 2019 inception, eventual Oscar nominees and/or winners that have won TIFF Tribute prizes at the festival's annual gala include Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of the Dog), Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye), Joaquin Phoenix (Joker), and Anthony Hopkins (The Father).

"It's gonna be like something you haven't seen before," Fraser told Unilad of the film last year. "That's really all I can tell you. The wardrobe and costume was extensive, seamless, cumbersome. This is certainly far removed from anything I've ever done but not to be coy… I do know it's going to make a lasting impression."

In addition to Fraser, director Sam Mendes and the ensemble cast of My Policeman — including Harry Styles, Emma Corrin, Rupert Everett, and more — will also receive awards at the TIFF Tribute gala on Sunday, Sept. 11.

The Whale — also starring Hong Chau, Samantha Morton, and Ty Simpkins — makes its world premiere at the Venice International Film Festival in early September, followed by a screening at TIFF and a yet-to-be-announced public release date later this year. TIFF runs from Sept. 8-18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 22, 2022 4:45 PM

He seems low IQ, especially marrying that trashy wife

by Anonymousreply 128August 22, 2022 10:24 PM

I thought he was so sinister as the prison guard in "The Affair."

I hope this movie does well for him.

by Anonymousreply 129August 22, 2022 10:52 PM

Brendan's next role is a weight loss shake commercial.

by Anonymousreply 130August 23, 2022 1:54 AM

I knew the haters would eventually show up to this thread.

Cue R128 and R130.

by Anonymousreply 131August 23, 2022 2:42 AM

Poor you r131

by Anonymousreply 132August 23, 2022 2:43 AM

I thought he left his wife for Daphne Zuniga.

by Anonymousreply 133August 23, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote] Brendan Fraser says he might not take another role as deep as The Whale : 'I gave it everything'

Brendan Fraser pushed himself to a new emotional headspace while immersed in his transformative role at the center of director Darren Aronofsky's Oscar-buzzed drama The Whale.

The Mummy actor leads the upcoming film as Charlie, a man affected by severe obesity who is grappling with the loss of a lover as he attempts to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter, played by Stranger Things breakout Sadie Sink.

"If there's no risk, then why bother?" Fraser told Vanity Fair about taking on a role with intense visceral depth in his first top-lining role in a feature film in nearly 10 years. "I want to learn from the people I'm working with at this point in my career. I've had such variety, a lot of high highs and low lows, so what I'm keen for, in the second half of my time doing this, is to feel like I'm contributing to the craft and I'm learning from it. This is a prime opportunity. I wanted to disappear into it. My hope was that I would become unrecognizable."

To enhance his understanding of Charlie's psyche, Fraser revealed to the publication that he partnered with the Obesity Action Coalition to better understand portrayals of people with higher body weight. He also had to tap into a taxing mental state to empathize with Charlie's struggle to come to terms with immense loss throughout the film.

"This may be the first and last time I ever do this again, so I gave it everything I've got," he said of taking on a part with a scope as full as Charlie's. "And I did. That's all I got."

Fraser previously told Unilad that the project will be "something you haven't seen before," and that the wardrobe and costuming were extensive and required hours to apply at the start of each shooting day.

"This is certainly far removed from anything I've ever done," he said. "I do know it's going to make a lasting impression."

The Whale — also starring Hong Chau and Samantha Morton — is set to world-premiere on Sept. 4 at the Venice International Film Festival via distributor A24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 1, 2022 3:59 AM

Has this movie even come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 135September 1, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote] Has this movie even come out yet?

No, But there's obviously some troll shilling for it.

by Anonymousreply 136September 2, 2022 1:18 AM

R135 No, but this is standard narrative building in the lead-up to awards season.

by Anonymousreply 137September 2, 2022 1:23 AM

[quote] Brendan Fraser says he might not take another role as deep as The Whale: 'I gave it everything'

Brendan Fraser pushed himself to a new emotional headspace while immersed in his transformative role at the center of director Darren Aronofsky's Oscar-buzzed drama The Whale.

The Mummy actor leads the upcoming film as Charlie, a man affected by severe obesity who is grappling with the loss of a lover as he attempts to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter, played by Stranger Things breakout Sadie Sink.

"If there's no risk, then why bother?" Fraser told Vanity Fair about taking on a role with intense visceral depth in his first top-lining role in a feature film in nearly 10 years. "I want to learn from the people I'm working with at this point in my career. I've had such variety, a lot of high highs and low lows, so what I'm keen for, in the second half of my time doing this, is to feel like I'm contributing to the craft and I'm learning from it. This is a prime opportunity. I wanted to disappear into it. My hope was that I would become unrecognizable."

To enhance his understanding of Charlie's psyche, Fraser revealed to the publication that he partnered with the Obesity Action Coalition to better understand portrayals of people with higher body weight. He also had to tap into a taxing mental state to empathize with Charlie's struggle to come to terms with immense loss throughout the film.

"This may be the first and last time I ever do this again, so I gave it everything I've got," he said of taking on a part with a scope as full as Charlie's. "And I did. That's all I got."

Fraser previously told Unilad that the project will be "something you haven't seen before," and that the wardrobe and costuming were extensive and required hours to apply at the start of each shooting day.

"This is certainly far removed from anything I've ever done," he said. "I do know it's going to make a lasting impression."

The Whale — also starring Hong Chau and Samantha Morton — is set to world-premiere on Sept. 4 at the Venice International Film Festival via distributor A24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 4, 2022 7:38 AM

^Have you gotten tired of this yet?

by Anonymousreply 139September 4, 2022 7:45 AM

Wow what a transformation! I would help run his Oscar campaign.

by Anonymousreply 140September 4, 2022 7:51 AM

You're an ineffective troll.

by Anonymousreply 141September 4, 2022 7:54 AM

Reviews are coming out. Variety raves about Fraser, not so much the rest of the film.

"most of “The Whale” simply isn’t as good as Brendan Fraser’s performance. For what he brings off, though, it deserves to be seen. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 4, 2022 8:30 PM

Hollywood Reporter is positive overall, but raves over Fraser and Hong Chau in particular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 4, 2022 8:31 PM

Deadline is also positive, with raves for Fraser and Chau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 4, 2022 8:32 PM

Uh-oh. Even if you get decent reviews for your performance, if the film itelf doesn;t get good reviews, that's not good Oscar news.

I mean, look at what happened with "The Wife"!

by Anonymousreply 145September 4, 2022 8:34 PM

The Wrap calls Fraser impressive, but is unimpressed with the rest of the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 4, 2022 8:35 PM

Aw I’m bummed that the movie is not as good as Fraser’s performance. He said he gave it everything he’s got as an actor. Wish the movie had been worthy.

by Anonymousreply 147September 4, 2022 9:21 PM

Darren is overrated as a director.

by Anonymousreply 148September 4, 2022 9:31 PM

[quote]Uh-oh. Even if you get decent reviews for your performance, if the film itelf doesn;t get good reviews, that's not good Oscar news. I mean, look at what happened with "The Wife"!

There are recent counter-examples, though. Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody), Zellweger (Judy), and Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye) all won lead Oscars. Their performances all got better notices from the critics than the films containing them did.

by Anonymousreply 149September 4, 2022 9:39 PM

The premise:

A 600-pound (272 kg) middle-aged man named Charlie tries to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter. The two grew apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died. Charlie then went on to binge eat out of pain and guilt.

by Anonymousreply 150September 4, 2022 9:44 PM

The Iron Lady sucking didn't stop Meryl from picking up #3.

by Anonymousreply 151September 4, 2022 10:03 PM

He has the Brooklyn Seacow look.

by Anonymousreply 152September 4, 2022 10:05 PM

This is sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 4, 2022 11:16 PM

It looks like Fraser may have the performance and narrative to overcome the middling film. He’ll also continue to rack up accolades as the season progresses, which isn’t the case of actors in other middling films (like the overrated Driver in White Noise).

by Anonymousreply 154September 4, 2022 11:24 PM

Brendan certainly has the goodwill of audiences.

From R153's link:

"If the Sunday night world premiere of “The Whale” at the Venice Film Festival is any indication, Brendan Fraser’s return to Hollywood will be met with plenty of cheers — and even more tears. When the credits rolled on the Darren Aronofsky drama, in which Fraser plays a 600-pound gay man confined to a wheelchair, the actor was overcome with emotion.

Fraser sobbed throughout the six-minute standing ovation, which will likely put him at the forefront of this year’s best actor Oscars race.

Among those spotted inside the Sala Grande Theatre were Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Nick Kroll and Hillary Clinton staffer Huma Abedin, who was seated a few rows behind Fraser and shed as many tears as he did. Many others inside the theater also broke out a handkerchief during the film’s heartbreaking final scenes.

Fraser hugged Aronofsky several during the ovation. He tried to leave the theater at one point, but the outpouring of clapping was so loud, he stayed longer and took a bow.

“The Whale” stars Fraser as a man living with severe obesity who struggles to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter, played by “Stranger Things” breakout Sadie Sink. The supporting cast also includes Hong Chau, Samantha Morton and Ty Simpkins. The movie is based on the play of the same name by Samuel D. Hunter, who adapted the stage script into Aronofsky’s feature.

To play the lead character in the film, Fraser wore a prosthetic suit that added anywhere from 50 to 300 pounds given the scene. The actor spent as much as six hours in the makeup chair each day to fully transform into the character. In an interview ahead of the film’s Venice premiere, Fraser shared that his prosthetic suit was “cumbersome, not exactly comfortable,” adding, “The torso piece was almost like a strait jacket with sleeves that went on, airbrushed by hand, to look identical as would human skin, right down to the hand-punched hair.”

“I developed muscles I did not know I had,” Fraser told journalists at the Venice press conference about wearing the prosthetic suit. “I even felt a sense of vertigo at the end of the day when all the appliances were removed; it was like stepping off the dock onto a boat in Venice. That [sense of] undulating. It gave me appreciation for those whose bodies are similar. You need to be an incredibly strong person, mentally and physically, to inhabit that physical being.”

In his review of “The Whale” out of Venice, Variety film critic Owen Gleiberman called Fraser “slyer, subtler, more haunting than he has ever been,” adding that he gives an “intensely lived-in and touching performance.”

“The Whale” marks another buzzy Venice premiere for Aronofsky, who has a rich history with the prestigious festival. While he stumbled at his first Venice with the premiere of “The Fountain,” he bounced back in 2008 when “The Wrestler” won the Golden Lion. “Black Swan” was one of the big hits of the 2010 Venice Film Festival (and won Mila Kunis an emerging actor prize), while “mother!” was all anyone could talk about at the 2017 fest.

Fraser became a marquee action star at the movies with 1997’s “George of the Jungle” and the box office franchise “The Mummy,” but he relinquished his leading man status in the 2010s, as he took smaller roles (including a part on TV’s “The Affair”). Although Fraser had a supporting role in Steven Soderbergh’s “No Sudden Move” last year, “The Whale” marks a huge comeback for the actor in his first starring role in a film since 2013’s direct-to-DVD action movie “Breakout.” On Fraser’s upcoming docket is Martin Scorsese’s Apple western “Killers of the Flower Moon.” His turn as Garfield Lynns/Firefly in the DC tentpole “Batgirl” will not be seen as Warner Bros. canceled the film’s release.

A24 will release “The Whale” in theaters Dec. 9.

by Anonymousreply 155September 5, 2022 3:08 AM

Did Aronosky direct requiem for a dream ?

by Anonymousreply 156September 5, 2022 3:25 AM

He seems like a good guy. How are the reviews for Sadie Sink? This is supposed to be her big breakout film role too.

by Anonymousreply 157September 5, 2022 3:49 AM

I would absolutely love to see Brendan Fraser win an Oscar in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 158September 5, 2022 4:00 AM

R157 From The Whale, Hong Chau has better reviews than Sadie Sink. Sink is getting mixed reactions (part of it is because her character is very, very unlikeable). I think The Whale will wind up being an Actor vehicle above anything else.

by Anonymousreply 159September 5, 2022 4:02 AM

We hope he wins ..

by Anonymousreply 160September 5, 2022 7:20 AM

Twitter is upset he wore a fat suit apparently.

by Anonymousreply 161September 5, 2022 8:01 AM

Twitter can go fuck itself.

Hysterical, reactionary idiots.

I'd be more shocked if Twitter WASN'T outraged about something.

by Anonymousreply 162September 5, 2022 9:46 AM

He's playing someone who weighs 600 pounds and housebound. It ain't all him. There is a plot reason you only see his face up close.

by Anonymousreply 163September 5, 2022 10:03 AM

[quote]He seems like a good guy. How are the reviews for Sadie Sink? This is supposed to be her big breakout film role too.

One review I read said her character had no depth or complexity. She was simply mean and angry.

by Anonymousreply 164September 5, 2022 11:12 AM

I feel so bad for this guy. He's always seemed so nice. Totally hot but not with a chip on his shoulder about it. He even seemed embarrassed actually. This has got to be so humbling. I wonder how many people dropped him because of the gain?

I would actually enjoy this if it were someone like Wahlberg or Vin Diesel

by Anonymousreply 165September 5, 2022 12:23 PM

You would enjoy this if it was someone who can’t act his way out of a paper bag?

by Anonymousreply 166September 5, 2022 6:13 PM

This was very touching. I’m thrilled for him as someone who’s followed his career from the beginning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 5, 2022 6:34 PM

I think people should just give him a standing ovation everywhere he goes. Gets coffee? standing ovation. Gets his hair cut? standing ovation. comes back in to the house because he forgot his car keys? standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 168September 5, 2022 6:37 PM

Great guy and humble but he needs to lose the weight he had gained this last few years. He might be kind of hot again and he should start using an antibalding hair treatment.

by Anonymousreply 169September 5, 2022 7:00 PM

Too depressing for me to watch

by Anonymousreply 170September 5, 2022 7:03 PM

Good for him - I love a comeback story. Evidently he lost everything in a divorce, so now's a good chance for him to make some bank. And DON'T EVER GET MARRIED again!!! He has 3 kids, the oldest one is on the autism spectrum. But good luck to him - he was incredibly brave to take on a role like this.

by Anonymousreply 171September 5, 2022 7:21 PM

He did get some kind of hair treatment years ago. I remember seeing pictures of him with hair after he’d lost much of it. I’m not sure what happened.

by Anonymousreply 172September 5, 2022 7:34 PM

I just don't understand how someone goes from looking like that to that.

Unless the really hot part will as totally unnatural and they had to work 3 hours in the gym everyday to maintain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 5, 2022 7:40 PM

It’s in the genes. But yes, had a huge crush on him— Gods and Monsters, School Ties

by Anonymousreply 174September 5, 2022 7:42 PM

I like him in this movie. I miss the time when people his age were the up and coming kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 5, 2022 7:44 PM

I mean he didn't look that bad in journey to the center of the earth 2008.

It's like he let himself go shortly after this movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176September 5, 2022 7:48 PM

He’s always seemed like a lovely guy. I hope he’s remembered during awards season.

by Anonymousreply 177September 5, 2022 7:51 PM

He got a six minute standing ovation at the premiere - unsure if was for his performance or just because he’s Brendan Fraser. I’m delighted to see him back in action.

by Anonymousreply 178September 5, 2022 7:52 PM

His back story is sad but I don’t remember him being a particularly good actor.

by Anonymousreply 179September 5, 2022 8:13 PM

He was never going to be the next Olivier, but he was always and still is a very charismatic watchable actor with fantastic comedic timing and some real dramatic depth. He was what Hollywood wishes Chris Pratt was now.

by Anonymousreply 180September 5, 2022 8:55 PM

Wow 6 minutes is a long time.

by Anonymousreply 181September 5, 2022 9:06 PM

He was very likable. He had heart. You wanted to root for him and when he suffered you knew it was sad because it was a good guy was getting fucked by the world.

by Anonymousreply 182September 5, 2022 9:07 PM

He has kind eyes

by Anonymousreply 183September 5, 2022 9:09 PM

He had a kind dick

by Anonymousreply 184September 5, 2022 9:10 PM

The movie has a 9.4 rating on IMDB, yet won’t be released until December it states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185September 5, 2022 9:52 PM

r181 = djt

by Anonymousreply 186September 5, 2022 10:06 PM

And a kind ass too

by Anonymousreply 187September 5, 2022 10:11 PM

Indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 5, 2022 10:14 PM

And the old favorite a generation of gays knows well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 5, 2022 10:15 PM

Aww, I hadn't seen The Rock's comment about the standing ovation. Very sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190September 5, 2022 10:29 PM

restroom-chick R168 hasn't had a standing ovulation since 1993.

by Anonymousreply 191September 5, 2022 10:37 PM

Lol R191.

That comment by RescueChick was uncharacteristically bitchy.

Especially for someone as nice and well-liked as Brendan.

I hardly ever see her make nasty comments, and there are far more deserving people of her vitriol, than Brendan Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 192September 6, 2022 1:28 AM

I meant that sincerely, I didn't know it was being read as bitchy until your comment r192. I really just like the guy.

by Anonymousreply 193September 6, 2022 1:39 AM

Saw a Twitter whiner complaining about how fatphobic it is having a vastly obese character called "the whale," but based on the reviews the movie has a Moby Dick theme. Did anyone see the play? Does The Whale really refer to the main character, or is it something else (or a double meaning)?

by Anonymousreply 194September 6, 2022 1:56 AM

The following contains spoilers. A brilliant complex play that should make an equally powerful film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 6, 2022 2:06 AM

Ah memories, r189! I was a horny teen when School Ties came out in the early 90s, I taped it off of HBO and when I was alone in the house I popped the tape into the VCR, put that scene on slo-mo and pounded away. My other favorite was Calendar Girl, there was a scene where Jason Priestley (at the height of his beauty) showed his ass and a quick shot of his big cock flopping around. I spanked out countless loads to those two movies.

Back in the days before the Internet you had to take male nudity any way you could get it.

by Anonymousreply 196September 6, 2022 2:11 AM

[quote]I just don't understand how someone goes from looking like that to that.

Fraser is most likely one of those guys who had to starve himself and work out like a motherfucker to stay thin, it's basically a full-time job and after a certain point it just becomes unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 197September 6, 2022 2:14 AM

The Mummy movies took a great physical toll on him, and he received multiple surgeries as a result of stunt work he did for the franchise. He underwent a laminectomy (a procedure to remove vertebrae from the spine), a partial knee replacement and vocal cord repair, he told GQ in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 198September 6, 2022 2:19 AM

The GQ story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 6, 2022 2:22 AM

The Mummy movies are very good in an old-school Hollywood kind of way, esp. the first one. And Fraser is gorgeous in them. If you're looking for some old-fashioned light entertainment, I recommend them.

by Anonymousreply 200September 6, 2022 2:22 AM

Does the clip at R189 answer the age-old DL question "does Matt Damon have a womanly ass?"?

by Anonymousreply 201September 6, 2022 2:27 AM

After Weinstein was exposed, Kate Beckinsale shared a story on Instagram about an actor who tried warning people about Weinstein and Weinstein hurt his career. Anyway, a lot of people on DL thought it was Fraser. He was in the Weinstein produced The Quiet American, and I don't think he ever did another Miramax movie.

by Anonymousreply 202September 6, 2022 2:34 AM

R192, you're probably the only one on the site who hasn't blocked that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 203September 6, 2022 3:03 AM

I always thought something was kind of "off" about Brendan Fraser. He seemed nice enough, but he also seemed like a complete clod. He still does.

by Anonymousreply 204September 6, 2022 4:41 AM

Haha R193/RC.

It's hard to tell when people here are being sarcastic or not.

Your comment still reads as sarcastic, but glad you cleared that up.

by Anonymousreply 205September 6, 2022 7:46 AM

R166 Huh? Who cares about how well they can act?

by Anonymousreply 206September 6, 2022 11:07 AM

The backlash has already begun on this movie. Brendan will not get an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 207September 6, 2022 1:19 PM

R173 George of the Jungle was decades ago. It’s called aging, working through trauma, etc.

by Anonymousreply 208September 6, 2022 1:49 PM

R207 Twitter backlash is not going to affect him on this.

by Anonymousreply 209September 6, 2022 2:48 PM

Maybe giving Mr. Nice Guy an Oscar would be the best thing for the Academy, especially coming off the heels of them giving it to Mr. Total Dickhead Face Slapper, Will Smith.

Everyone now hates Will, but everyone loves Brendan.

by Anonymousreply 210September 6, 2022 8:06 PM

Love him in Gods and Monsters

by Anonymousreply 211September 6, 2022 8:09 PM

Gods and Monsters is a fantastic movie

by Anonymousreply 212September 6, 2022 8:13 PM

R208 Bruce Willis is almost 70 and still looking fit.

Brendan was traumatized by what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 7, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote] Bruce Willis is almost 70 and still looking fit.

Bad example.

Bruce had to stop acting due to health problems and dementia.

Most likely caused by making all those action movies.

by Anonymousreply 214September 7, 2022 1:35 AM

r193/Rescue Chick, there were nothing bitchy about your comment. It was actually funny, and Fraser probably would have laughed at it -- and we would have given him a standing ovation for it. Ignore your stalker and his sock puppets.

r209, agreed. No one with any sense pays attention to and makes decisions based on the idiots on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 215September 12, 2022 1:21 PM

[quote] Brendan was traumatized by what?

By his sleazy ex-wife trying to get ahold of all of his money? By being molested while an adult man by another man who felt him up and touched his "taint?" Poor little Brendan, so traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 216September 12, 2022 9:20 PM

A man touched our Brendan's taint? Who is this monster??

by Anonymousreply 217September 12, 2022 10:01 PM

[quote] A man touched our Brendan's taint? Who is this monster??

Here's his sad tale:

In a new interview with GQ, “The Mummy” star alleges that the HFPA’s Philip Berk assaulted him at the Beverly Hills Hotel in the summer of 2003.

“His left hand reaches around, grabs my ass cheek, and one of his fingers touches me in the taint. And he starts moving it around,” the actor said. Berk recounted the incident in his memoir “With Signs and Wonders,” but said he pinched Fraser’s behind as a joke. According to Fraser, though, it wasn’t a joke, and he was overcome with fear and had to remove Berk’s hand.

“I felt ill. I felt like a little kid. I felt like there was a ball in my throat. I thought I was going to cry,” he says. He rushed home and told his wife about the encounter, but was afraid to go public with the incident as, “I didn’t want to contend with how that made me feel, or it becoming part of my narrative.”

Fraser, through his reps, asked the HFPA for an apology, which Berk says he wrote, but added “My apology admitted no wrongdoing, the usual ‘If I’ve done anything that upset Mr. Fraser, it was not intended and I apologize.’” Berk, who took a six-month leave of absence from the HFPA in April 2014 following backlash from his memoir but is still a member, denied the claim in an e-mail to GQ, saying “Mr. Fraser’s version is a total fabrication.”

The actor said that the incident made him reclusive and he retreated from public life. He questioned if the HFPA blacklisted him as a result, since he was rarely invited back to the Golden Globes, which the HFPA runs, after 2003. He believes it’s partly why his career derailed, and said “The phone does stop ringing in your career, and you start asking yourself why. There’s many reasons, but was this one of them? I think it was.”

Fraser added that he was emboldened to come forward by the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, saying “I know Rose [McGowan], I know Ashley [Judd], I know Mira [Sorvino] — I’ve worked with them. I call them friends in my mind. I haven’t spoken to them in years, but they’re my friends. I watched this wonderful movement, these people with the courage to say what I didn’t have the courage to say.”

“Am I still frightened? Absolutely. Do I feel like I need to say something? Absolutely. Have I wanted to many, many times? Absolutely. Have I stopped myself? Absolutely,” Fraser said in the interview. “Maybe I am over-reacting in terms of what the instance was. I just know what my truth is.”

by Anonymousreply 218September 13, 2022 12:00 AM

Wonder if that ever happened to Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 219September 13, 2022 1:04 AM

Ooooh I have a fetish for taint. Such a turn on. I love touching my lover’s’ taint for my entertaintment

by Anonymousreply 220September 13, 2022 8:52 PM

Taint misbehavin' I'm saving my love for you!

by Anonymousreply 221September 14, 2022 12:24 AM

[quote] Does The Whale really refer to the main character

Oh COME ON.

by Anonymousreply 222September 14, 2022 12:27 AM

[quote] Wonder if that ever happened to Brad Pitt.

If it did he probably laughed it off and forgot about it, unlike whiny little Brendan. It's funny that Fraser, who at the time of the traumatic taint episode was a strapping 6'3 sturdily built young man, should be so delicate and fragile. His reaction to the supposed molestation seemed more like a woman's than a man's.

by Anonymousreply 223September 14, 2022 3:26 AM

R219, i mean Brad isn’t a nepo baby and was a pool boy and a live -in assistant to a gay soap writer Tom Racina. His first role on tv is Another World all thanks Tom.

by Anonymousreply 224September 14, 2022 10:32 AM

[quote] Does The Whale really refer to the main character

[quote] Oh COME ON.

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 225September 14, 2022 11:13 AM

[quote] Daniel Franzese Vents Frustration Over Brendan Fraser's Casting in The Whale : 'Why Wear a Fat Suit?'

Daniel Franzese says he "and the other big queer guys" are overlooked for roles — like the one played by Brendan Fraser in The Whale.

"I love Brendan Fraser, [so] I'm very conflicted," the Mean Girls actor, 44, tells PEOPLE of Fraser's role as a gay 600-lb. reclusive writing instructor who is struggling to reconnect with his teenage daughter (Stranger Things star Sadie Sink). "Seeing him get up so modest in Venice and have that moment, I was very happy for him. He's a lovely man. And it's great. But why? Why go up there and wear a fat suit to play a 400-lb. queer man?"

Franzese goes on to say that "actors like me and my colleagues" would "jump at" the opportunity to star a movie like The Whale, which has awards buzz for Fraser's acclaimed performance.

"To finally have a chance to be in a prestige film that might be award-nominated, where stories about people who look like us are being told? That's the dream," Franzese continues. "So when they go time and time again and cast someone like Brendan Fraser, me and the other big queer guys, we're like, 'What the ... ?' We can't take it!"

Reps for Fraser and the movie's director, Darren Aronofsky, did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment Monday.

Franzese tells PEOPLE that Aronofsky "is one of [his] favorite directors," but says, "I would have loved to have read for this. I mean, who knows more about being an obese queer man than an obese queer man?"

"But I guess you can go ahead and wear a fat suit and do what you got to do and get your Oscar. We'll just sit here, waiting," Franzese says.

According to the RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race star, "The biggest problem we have right now in our industry is that people like me and my colleagues can't really sell movies overseas if we are actually queer because the world is homophobic."

"Even if America is ready for a gay person in the lead like that, they have a hard time selling the movie overseas, so they get scared," Franzese says. "But it's going to take risk-takers and real trailblazers to let us cut our teeth in these roles as actors so we, too, can have a shot at a full career in Hollywood."

Aronofsky, 53, told Vanity Fair in an interview published last month that Fraser carried between 50 and 300 extra pounds during filming, depending on the scene. The movie takes place entirely within his character Charlie's home over the course of less than a week.

"I became accustomed to wearing Charlie's body pretty quickly," Fraser told the PEOPLE and EW video studio during an interview at the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month, according to Entertainment Weekly. "I discovered that, once I took it off, I could still feel the sensation of wearing it, almost like an undulation."

The Mummy star added, "At the same time, once I took all the applications off at the end of the day, I felt a deepening sense of respect for people who live in that corporal being, because I could remove it like clothing and wardrobe and makeup, and their challenge to do that with their own body is not as sudden."

The actor, who reportedly worked with the Obesity Action Coalition for research, said his experience in The Whale "gave me an appreciation for the incredible courage they have to possess themself with for their very survival, and it takes an incredibly strong-willed and physically strong person to live inside a body that is, in Charlie's case, hundreds and hundreds of pounds."

"In my mind, it looked like it belonged in the Tate Modern gallery," Fraser added of the mold that was created for him from digital scans of his body. "It was that striking to behold. I say this because it's important to have respect for those who do have that corporal being."

"I learned almost in a way, poetically, that you need to have incredibly strong will of spirit and body to inhabit a body the size of Charlie's, and that's an appreciation that I grew to respect more and more each day," he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 26, 2022 11:21 PM

Wait, Fraser wore a fat suit?

by Anonymousreply 227September 26, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] HOLY SHIT!

Modern American vernacular.

by Anonymousreply 228September 26, 2022 11:23 PM

[quote] I'm very conflicted

As well as very fat, R226.

by Anonymousreply 229September 26, 2022 11:25 PM

He would have had to wear a fat suit too.

by Anonymousreply 230September 26, 2022 11:32 PM

Yes. Without padding, Franzese is nowhere near the size of the main character of The Whale. So the fat-suit issue is a wash. What this comes down to is an actor who isn't enough of a name to get a movie into production being envious of an actor who is.

I understand what he's saying about wishing there were "risk-takers and trail-blazers" who would put lesser-known actors in leading roles so they can show what they can do, but I guess many of us wish whatever business we are in were tailored to facilitate our own advancement. It doesn't always work that way. Most of this director's films have had stars who were already well established at the time: Burstyn, Leto, Weisz, Jackman, Rourke, Tomei, Portman, Bardem, Lawrence, etc. The casting of this one is par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 231September 27, 2022 2:28 AM

Brendan Fraser is more of a name.

It's like saying hey, I know Tom Cruise wants to come sponsor your event but turn him down and go with the guy from Mean Girls no one knows.

by Anonymousreply 232September 27, 2022 4:35 AM

Fraser is NOT 600 lbs, it is very ableist to cast him in this role. They should have cast a true 600 pounder, I fear the 600 pound fatties are going to stage a stampede in protest.

by Anonymousreply 233September 27, 2022 4:58 AM

[quote] Fraser is NOT 600 lbs, it is very ableist to cast him in this role. They should have cast a true 600 pounder, I fear the 600 pound fatties are going to stage a stampede in protest.

The large woman who starred in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" was lovely. I thought she was an excellent actress.

So even though you're being sarcastic, there are actually large men who could have played the role successfully.

Personally, I would have gone with Louie Anderson.

He could have played gay convincingly, and maybe even have done it without the suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 27, 2022 5:05 AM

I think he looks fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 235September 27, 2022 5:19 AM

Louie would give a very realistic performance if you dug him up. Except he was never even close to 600 lbs so he'd have to wear a fat suit too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236September 27, 2022 8:25 AM

Louis was a good 400 lbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237September 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Fraser strikes me as an alternate universe Robert Downey Jr. They even have something of the same look facially - dewy-eyed, full-lipped, slightly androgynous. But Fraser, whatever his intellect, got swept into roles where he played the dumb hunk while RDJ was always the sharp-wittedly fetching little imp. Both hit a wall of personal trauma. I'd argue RDJ went through the more physically devastating experience (if you believe the rumors of violent rape) but also bounced back faster. It would be interesting to see them cast together in something.

Hoping Fraser continues the upswing in his career trajectory and the weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 238September 27, 2022 2:48 PM

Thanks for posting that, R236.

I had no idea Louie Anderson died.

It's sad. I thought he was a great comedian.

by Anonymousreply 239September 27, 2022 9:53 PM

Gilbert Grape was the late Darlene Cates’ first film role. She deservedly received stellar reviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 27, 2022 11:43 PM

You say 'she deservedly received stellar reviews' but has she died from obesity?

by Anonymousreply 241September 27, 2022 11:51 PM

She died a long time ago, R241.

Thank you for asking.

by Anonymousreply 242September 28, 2022 4:05 AM

I wonder if any one desires to touch his taint now as a whale

by Anonymousreply 243September 28, 2022 5:41 PM

Now I really wan to see this movie.

by Anonymousreply 244September 28, 2022 6:51 PM

Still no release date?

by Anonymousreply 245November 1, 2022 12:47 PM

It's been scheduled for December 9th for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 246November 2, 2022 3:59 AM

Back at r194, I questioned whether the title refers to Fraser's character, to the disdain of r222.

From Slate's review:

[Quote]The cetacean referred to most directly in the title of Darren Aronofsky’s The Whale is not the film’s 600-pound protagonist but the elusive white whale of Moby-Dick, a novel that figures largely in the hero’s past history and present emotional life. Whether or not that title nonetheless strikes you as a cruel play on words may depend upon how this peculiar and often deeply unpleasant movie sits with you.

Sounds lousy though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 2, 2022 10:15 AM

How, exactly, is this role any kind of a stretch for Fraser?

by Anonymousreply 248December 2, 2022 4:50 PM

The title very obviously has multiple meanings, and "Moby Dick" isn't the one to come immediately to an audience's collective mind. Duh.

At least, not until the reported opening scene of a failed masturbation.

by Anonymousreply 249December 2, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote]The title very obviously has multiple meanings, and "Moby Dick" isn't the one to come immediately to an audience's collective mind. Duh.

Yes. The double meaning is pretty clear. Just like "Bombshell" referred to both the headline-grabbing news of sexual harassment at Fox and to the kind of woman Fox News tended to put on the air. And "Cougar Town" referred to both the town's passion for the high-school football team and the show's focus on middle-aged women and their sex lives.

by Anonymousreply 250December 2, 2022 5:04 PM

Triple at least, r250. Brendan himself can't be discounted.

No need for other (irrelevant) examples.

by Anonymousreply 251December 2, 2022 8:26 PM

Will his taint make an appearance

by Anonymousreply 252December 7, 2022 8:12 PM

Some people, who gain weight, gains it in their face...especially when their faces are naturally full. I'm one of those... :)

by Anonymousreply 253December 7, 2022 8:40 PM

Six Degrees of Graceland:

Brendan Fraser once portrayed an Elvis impersonator!

The 2013 movie seems execrable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 11, 2022 5:54 PM

In Gods and Monsters. No beauty lasts forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 11, 2022 6:02 PM

If he had gone full-frontal for that scene in R255, I would have cum in my pants in the theatre without manual stimulation.

by Anonymousreply 256December 12, 2022 2:25 AM

I have "Gods And Monsters" DVD signed by Ian McKellen and Lynn Redgrave when they were at the Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS Flea Market. Now that Brendan is doing autograph shows I hope I get his too.

by Anonymousreply 257December 12, 2022 10:54 AM

The Whale’ With Brendan Fraser Sets 2022 Record For Best Limited Opening – Specialty Box Office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258December 12, 2022 10:55 AM

Would love if he got the Oscar alas it looks like Colin Farrell is on a roll winning everything so far for 'The Banshees of Inisherin'.

by Anonymousreply 259December 12, 2022 10:58 AM

The hate for this movie is profound, despite supposed respect for Brendon’s performance. Most of the Academy won’t watch it.

by Anonymousreply 260December 12, 2022 12:38 PM

I haven't seen it and I'm not an Aronofsky fan, so I'm not cheerleading for it. But does the Academy hate the movie? I thought most of the hatred was from obese women who are either on social media or writing columns for grievance-hive websites. They're upset about (1) the fat suit and (2) the portrayal of the main character as depressed, lonely, and in precarious health, because this is fatphobia to them. They would have preferred a real 600-pound actor whose character is very happy, finds a gorgeous love interest, and has "teachable moments" in which he educates others that chasing down several pizzas with bags of cookies is just living one's best life.

by Anonymousreply 261December 12, 2022 1:42 PM

R258, SIX theaters? Sold out? Wow! 🤣

R259, Colin's GG nomination's being not in the "BA--Drama" category but in the BA--Comedy" category signals to me and my wishful thinking that he won't win the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 262December 12, 2022 2:08 PM

[quote]SIX theaters? Sold out? Wow!

That's what a limited release is. In the good old days the biggest movies in the world would get exclusive one or two theaters in NY and LA for months.

by Anonymousreply 263December 12, 2022 2:19 PM

R263, I'm aware of the definition of "limited." But to boast ? I think not. They are still theaters, not stadia.

by Anonymousreply 264December 12, 2022 8:36 PM

Hope he doesn’t taint— I mean faint—- when he wins

by Anonymousreply 265December 18, 2022 3:09 AM

That's a big "if," r265. Seems he's behind both Colin and Austin now, in that order.

by Anonymousreply 266December 18, 2022 3:12 AM

I never much liked Brendan Fraser. He just seems so, well, dumb.

by Anonymousreply 267December 18, 2022 3:27 AM

[quote] HOLY SHIT!

This is an ugly expression, OP.

by Anonymousreply 268December 18, 2022 3:32 AM

R267, Even at Brendan's handsomest, he missed the mark for me because he has buggy eyes. Now? Feh!

In this movie's trailer, he also sounds like he has vocal fry.

Good grief!

by Anonymousreply 269December 25, 2022 4:19 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 270January 18, 2023 12:18 AM

He won a Critic's Choice award and was trembling and blubbering to beat the band. God knows what he'll do if he wins the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 271January 18, 2023 12:53 AM

Plus, at the end Brendan made a pitch for getting help for obesity! WTH, Brendan?!

by Anonymousreply 272January 18, 2023 1:25 AM

R271, "blubbering." Good one!

by Anonymousreply 273January 18, 2023 1:26 AM

I still hope he wins the Oscar for Best Actor.

I'll take Brendan over Will Smith ANY day.

by Anonymousreply 274January 18, 2023 3:43 PM

Will Smith isn't in the running, now is he, r274? Yes, his 2022 Oscar was outrageous; his character wasn't even a challenge. But TWT, TIN.

So the question is: Why, IYO, was Brendan playing an obese man better than the performances of the other nominees?

by Anonymousreply 275January 18, 2023 5:09 PM

Is he gay? I remember gay rumors about him all the way back in his "George of the Jungle" days. Of course his fans went on websites and adamently denied that sweet Brendan could be gay. He was in wholesome movies like "George of the Jungle" for God's sake, so how could he be gay?

by Anonymousreply 276January 18, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote] Is he gay? I remember gay rumors about him all the way back in his "George of the Jungle" days.

Why do you think I grabbed his taint?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277January 19, 2023 12:13 AM

Did Philip Berk grab Brad Pitt's taint?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 19, 2023 12:15 AM

[quote]Even at Brendan's handsomest, he missed the mark for me because he has buggy eyes. Now? Feh!

Horseshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 19, 2023 6:44 PM

This revision of his history tends to leave out the part where he became a mean and bitter drunk while screwing around on his then wife and having as much empathy for his kids as Alec Baldwin. But I don't think a piggy voice message would change the current generations frau's obsession with him..

he's been overexposed since their hipster revival obsession began with doom patrol... but no telling Z or millennials that tv is not real. Bob Saget was their father and Brendan is the lovable fuckup, free of sin, because of their fanfic/fanart fandom worship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280January 19, 2023 7:30 PM

Anyone recall when publicly cried to the press over the things said by Gordon Ramsay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 19, 2023 7:38 PM

R280 is a thoughtless and selfish little PIG!

by Anonymousreply 282January 19, 2023 7:39 PM

Listening to Brandan Fraser talk gives me an uncomfortable feeling. He always sounds completely rehearsed. It's very strange.

by Anonymousreply 283January 20, 2023 12:46 AM

He looks okay at his natural weight now. He still has a nice face. Didn't he starve and go to the gym too much to be in the George of the Jungle movie? If so, he's probably stuffed his metabolism.

by Anonymousreply 284January 20, 2023 4:15 AM

Men his size can recover their metabolism levels with consistent heavy strength training and an adequate-calorie high protein diet, even in middle age. I'm sure he works out but it's likely a lot of cardio which has rapidly diminishing returns on fat loss and is nearly useless for muscle definition.

by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2023 7:21 PM

Brendan Fraser is 54 years old. It gets harder to maintain your "ideal look" after you turn 40. I'm 63 now; I've resolved that I'm never going to look younger. I see my grandmother when I look in a mirror. It's a comforting thought. I still remember her and the nice things she did for all of us clearly.

by Anonymousreply 286January 24, 2023 12:41 AM

Nominated for an Oscar, hoes!

by Anonymousreply 287January 25, 2023 11:53 PM

The Academy took the bait as expected.

by Anonymousreply 288January 25, 2023 11:55 PM

"WE'LL give you an award, Bren-Bren! We're not nasty like those mean old foreign perverts and their phallic trophy!"

by Anonymousreply 289January 26, 2023 1:39 PM

Oscar nominated actor in his resume sounds great. Congrats Brendan! Can I touch your taint now?

by Anonymousreply 290February 19, 2023 8:23 AM

I think Brendan's feel sorry for me tour to gain an Oscar is waning.

by Anonymousreply 291February 20, 2023 9:44 PM

Austin Butler gaining momentum since Lisa Marie Presley’s passing

by Anonymousreply 292February 20, 2023 11:28 PM

Butler very good as Elvis, but his performance doesn't even come close to Fraser's.

by Anonymousreply 293February 24, 2023 12:31 AM

Butler could possibly win. Butler won the GG and the BAFTA. We'll see how the SAG Awards go.

by Anonymousreply 294February 24, 2023 12:39 AM

I just saw the film and it is too depressing. I hated it. I guess his performance was good but overall the movie wasn't good.

by Anonymousreply 295February 24, 2023 10:04 PM

The movie was an uncinematic version of the stageplay it clearly comes from, with people entering, emoting, and then exiting to allow the next character their moment with Fraser, who, frankly, was okay but not much more. It was all about the fat suit. And it was overwrought. The playwright is mediocre to begin with, and he added nothing as a screenwriter. The director should have known how unfilmworthy a movie like this is.

by Anonymousreply 296February 24, 2023 10:10 PM

Does Colin Farrell have any chance of winning

by Anonymousreply 297February 24, 2023 10:26 PM

It did feel a lot like a play.. not particularly natural.

by Anonymousreply 298February 25, 2023 2:30 AM

[quote] Does Colin Farrell have any chance of winning

Yes but for the first time in years we don't know ahead of time who will win. It;s a horserace between Farrell, Fraser and the Elvis kid, which is exciting.

by Anonymousreply 299February 25, 2023 10:48 AM

Yes, the other 3 acting races are all but decided, I think, but this one is anyone's guess who will win. Wouldn't it be funny if it went to Bill Nighy.

by Anonymousreply 300February 27, 2023 11:36 AM

I hope all the victim playing fraser has done and all the simpy wah wah wah poor me i'm so brave tears nets him ZERO OSCARS!

by Anonymousreply 301February 27, 2023 1:27 PM

I tried to watch the film, but was too grossed out and stopped.

I may give it another chance now that he's won the SAG award.

I know it's not nice, but I don't like looking at greasy fat people.

by Anonymousreply 302February 27, 2023 2:16 PM

Just remember this is under the fat suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303February 27, 2023 9:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!