Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julia Roberts and Steven Spielberg did not get along on the set of Hook?

Well, she claims they did and he is either forgetful or embellishing, but it sounds like he had a lot of bad things to say about her. Anyone know what the issue was?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 5, 2022 6:45 AM

I remember when Spielberg was asked on 60 minutes if he would ever work with Julia again, he responded “ uh , probably not.”

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2022 1:23 AM

She was on drugs during the shoot.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2022 1:25 AM

She turned down his advances

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2022 1:25 AM

I love Julia. But she was having her heroin problem at the time of that terrible film. Spielberg probably did pretend to like her. He can't even control his own wife!

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2022 1:27 AM

One of the comments on that video-

The stories of her behavior on the set of "Hook" are legendary. And they didn't just come from Steven Spielberg. She was horrible to everyone. There are crew members who still talk about it to this day. She abandoned it in the middle filming after her wedding was called off and flew to Ireland without notifying anyone, holding up the entire production. That's hundreds of actors, extras, crew members, etc. just left hanging.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2022 1:28 AM

Another comment-

Julia Roberts threw tantrums, went into rages. She was losing it, demanding that Steven stop directing and call security to let her boyriend onto the lot. Steven defended her, reminding us that she was younger than all of us, and had never been on such a huge production. Having worked with Steven Spielber on multiple productions, I can assure you that he is never confused.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]I remember when Spielberg was asked on 60 minutes if he would ever work with Julia again, he responded “ uh , probably not.”

Big mistake. Big. HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2022 1:29 AM

He never did work with her again.

I've never heard of the story of how or when she cured her heroin problem. Does anyone know it?

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2022 1:31 AM

Would the issue not be that Julia Roberts is a raging bitch in general? It's not as if that's a big secret...

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2022 1:31 AM

r9 = A Low Vera!

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2022 1:32 AM

[quote] She abandoned it in the middle filming after her wedding was called off and flew to Ireland without notifying anyone, holding up the entire production. That's hundreds of actors, extras, crew members, etc. just left hanging.

100% LIE

She had it in her contract that she get two weeks off during the filming for her honeymoon. Even though the wedding was called off, she still took advantage of that two week window to go on vacation to get away from all the press scrutiny

The production did not have any scenes scheduled for Julia during those two weeks. So nothing was held up because of her

She played "Tinkerbell" and the crew nicknamed her "Tinkerhell"

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2022 1:33 AM

Why are some of you blaming heronie? She was supposedly awful and difficult in general. This was not the only time she was. This was the only time it made headlines because it was Spielberg she pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2022 1:34 AM

OP Julia’s bad behavior on Hook was reported all over the tabloids during production. She was abusing drugs heavily.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2022 1:34 AM

Cutting her hair then was a mistake

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2022 1:34 AM

It was some time within the transition from Kiefer Sutherland to Jason Patric.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2022 1:34 AM

She was asked by Entertainment Weekly about an alleged drug problem, which she disputed. She rolled up her sleeves, showed her arms to the reporter and asked "Do you see any track marks?"

The fact is Julia has been working non-stop since Steel Magnolias without a break - filming "Hook" was the final straw as she was just emotionally tired and really needed a break.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2022 1:36 AM

She also became the biggest star in the world. A lot to carry on her shoulders.

We should show compassion to Miss Julia Roberts, Box Office Queen.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2022 1:39 AM

So then what were the excuses for the years and years of her being a massive bitch after r16?

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2022 1:39 AM

She sounds like a massive bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2022 1:40 AM

[quote] r16 She rolled up her sleeves, showed her arms to the reporter and asked "Do you see any track marks?"

She was snorting it.

And keistering it.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2022 1:44 AM

She was dating Kiefer Sutherland at the time who was a huge druggie/alkie. I think she cheated on Dylan McDermott or Jason Patric with him.

The wholesome America's Sweetheart label was such PR driven crap. She practically had a mattress strapped to her back in those days.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Did Robin Williams enjoy working with her? I feel he has never commented on her. Most people from that set have only bad to say about her

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Julia took two years off the minute she wrapped up filming Hook

But she did consent to reappear in public to do the film junket for Hook, but would restrict her interviews to only a handful of reporters - instead of the usual 50 or so,

Here is one of them, this is a very rare interview where Julia is promoting Hook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2022 1:49 AM

There was a big related thread with lots of juicy gossip but not sure how to link.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote] She was asked by Entertainment Weekly about an alleged drug problem, which she disputed. She rolled up her sleeves, showed her arms to the reporter and asked "Do you see any track marks?"

Interesting that her mind would immediately shift to injecting drugs (heroin's not the only drug you can inject). I would have thought snorting coke.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2022 1:57 AM

r21 she slept with Jason Patric right after the wedding to Keifer was off

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2022 1:58 AM

Julia was a raging bitch, and I am not saying that to be rude. After Pretty Woman, she really became a massive bitch and hard to work with. It was her way or no way, and that was not flying on a Spielberg set the way it did on her rom-com sets where she was a bigger star than the Director. This was Spielberg.

DL loves to make excuses for her, but the reality is she was awful, and there are many many examples of this, even in the 00s. DL acts like HOOK was an isolated incident, it wasnt, it just got a lot more attention because it was Spielberg, and a massive big budget blockbuster, something she had not done prior. She was able to throw her rage fits and tantrums and be a diva with no pushback on her other sets, but not here.

She also would lock herself in her trailer and refuse to come out, holding up Production by hours.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2022 1:58 AM

[quote] Did Robin Williams enjoy working with her?

She didn't work with any of the actors - that was the problem for Julia. She was segregated to her own set, she had to act behind a Green Screen and say lines to Stephen Spielberg, So she acted with no one - that might have been the problem. Because she was going through this PR nightmare with her wedding called off, and then she is doing a film where she isn't interacting with any of the other actors,

So she was on her own in this set, working with no other actors but Steven Spielberg and totally marginalized left to her own devices

Add to that the production was running over budget, and Julia finds herself sitting in a trailer for 8 hours waiting to be called to the set

She wasn't in the right frame of mind psychologically, maybe if she had other actors to talk to she might have coped. But she had no one, and she is sitting in a trailer rehashing and replaying things in her mind all alone - this is almost like solitary confinement. It would drive anyone nuts

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2022 1:59 AM

r25 people who do coke usually use the "see, i do not have tracks on my arms" to prove they do not do drugs.

DL loves claiming hardcore drugs like heroine and meth, but in reality she was a coke head (like most of Hollywood)..

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote] people who do coke usually use the "see, i do not have tracks on my arms" to prove they do not do drugs.

The rumor was she was a Heroin addict and the Entertainment Weekly reporter SPECIFICALLY asked her about rumors of Heroin use

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2022 2:00 AM

She was getting plenty of dick but the fraus all thought she was a pure, sweet innocent girl next door.

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Stop making up shit about women in films and music who don't fit the FAG diva screeching OLD white gay man Batty Davis, Joan Crawdad or non-singer Madonna faggy tropes. DL is a site populated by ancient white fags who hate women and all POC. Unless they can find a way to deify them like their monster mothers or objectify them like men who look like me!

Julia is super cool. As a person and an actress. A bit bitchy and a big personality, you bet. She stole some bitch's husband? Who hasn't borrowed one. Julia kept hers. She and Danny just celebrated their 20th anniversary. Kiss a few frogs and stop casting stones.

She *stole* no woman's husband. The fags who hate her on this site spent your life on your knees and stomachs with your ASS up in the AIR for a lineup of anonymous FUCKS in AIDS bathhouses! Old white jealous hypocrites. Disco!! There's no whore like a 75 year old fag with obsolete holes.

Gay men under 50 and black men and women are all very cool with Julia. She's got ass and sass and beauty and style. Talent too. She doesn't do giggly or girly. She's our Audrey Hepburn, if Audrey did smack and fucked a lot of men! We ❤ her. Julia DESERVED her Oscar, deserved another one for AOC and is the most appealing grungy, chic, iconoclastic, minimalist MOVIE STAR!! But a total non attention seeker in her real life. Even her bad movies are worth watching because she has IT. And a style that is unbeatable.

Julia Roberts and Tom Cruise are the LAST movie stars. At least Julia is fabulous and can ACT and has personality and delivers surprises and STARS.❤⭐

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Team Spielberg. She’s a royal cunt. Nasty and untalented.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2022 2:03 AM

She probably walked in on him with a boy.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2022 2:05 AM

r32 you forgot to take your medications today, didnt you?

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2022 2:06 AM

r28 she may have not worked directly with them, but she certainly was around the other actors. There are tons of behind the scenes pics online of her and Robin with Spielberg together on that set.... I dont know how true it is she worked with no one.

She was not isolated. She isolated herself.

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2022 2:09 AM

Only medication I've taken today is truth serum, R35.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2022 2:09 AM

r16 I guess you don't know that there are other places people shoot up on their bodies, you don't have to end up with track marks on your arms and other ways to ingest heroin. You can snort it or smoke it.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2022 2:10 AM

[quote] She was not isolated. She isolated herself.

Considering the media storm she was involved in, do you blame her for being paranoid?

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2022 2:10 AM

r32 you sound like the same bad behavior apologist in the Lea Michelle threads.

You must be as vile as Lea and Julia otherwise I see no reason why you distort the truth to defend them.

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2022 2:12 AM

R40 okay fine Julia is a bitch and drug user

Feel better?

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2022 2:15 AM

She's mean.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2022 2:18 AM

I love my life.

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2022 2:20 AM

Nothing in Julia's career or life has indicated she has addiction issues so I don't know if I believe the drug rumors. I do believe that it was one of her busiest times and her fiancee was cheating on her with a stripper (and spilling secrets about Julia to the stripper, who then spilled to gossip magazines) and also that she's just not a very hard worker and was out of her depth on that shoot.

Most likely she just had a mental break down as young insecure actresses are prone to do.

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2022 2:26 AM

Let me tell you about Steven Spielberg…

by Anonymousreply 45July 26, 2022 2:26 AM

[quote]r28 She didn't work with any of the actors - that was the problem for Julia.

If only she’d had scenes with the young, overly privileged, stick-up-her-ass Goop. Now THOSE outtakes would have been interesting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2022 2:36 AM

She’s known to throw massive tantrums on sets.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2022 2:38 AM

R46 Goop and Julia are still close friends to this day

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2022 2:39 AM

Julia Roberts sat at the head table with Denzel, his children and wife Pauletta for his AFI tribute, you moron at R43. You know who sits at the head table at this televised event? Your family and close friends.

Julia sat between Pauletta and Cicely Tyson.

Now, please take your seat.

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2022 2:39 AM

According to the majority of people who worked on the “I Love Trouble” set, she was a monster. Supposedly she threw tantrums on the regular and was condescending and belittling.

Nick Nolte got so fed up with her antics and bad attitude he started to intentionally provoke her just to piss her off more because she was pissing everyone else off so much.

It got so bad they had to start filming their scenes with stand ins and hardly filmed together.

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2022 2:42 AM

Julia is a⭐. From the very start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2022 2:53 AM

Denzel, Pauletta, Julia Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2022 3:15 AM

Denzel keeps long term mistresses, Pauletta knows what is up.

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2022 3:20 AM

What’s the feud with her brother about, exactly? Aren’t they estranged?

I know one sister felt so deserted by Julia she killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2022 3:33 AM

She was on drugs! Of course she remembers it differently.

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2022 3:40 AM

She bullied her step sister about her weight, the step sister commited suicide

by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2022 3:42 AM

She experienced incest with her brother Eric. It’s why she is so predatory towards men.

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2022 3:44 AM

Doesn’t Denzel have a second family?

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2022 3:45 AM

I actually like Julia Roberts.

But I believe Steven Spielberg.

by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2022 4:11 AM

[quote]Denzel keeps long term mistresses, Pauletta knows what is up.

Denzel fucked around a lot. His wife knows what's up. But Julia never fucked Denzel. He's way too old for her. And not sexy in the good way. Julia knows what she likes. Don't put Denzel on top of her. She loves him as a friend and good actor. She had a crush on him - that's a good part of co starring. But they are neither of the other's type. Stop trying to sound like you know stuff R53. You never been anywhere or met anyone. Your talents were used up 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2022 4:21 AM

[quote]She was asked by Entertainment Weekly about an alleged drug problem, which she disputed. She rolled up her sleeves, showed her arms to the reporter and asked "Do you see any track marks?"

Show us between your toes, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2022 4:26 AM

She did anal with Denzel purely for bragging rights. Just another notch in her lipstick case.

by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2022 4:28 AM

R60 is Paulette Washington

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2022 4:29 AM

I think she snowballed Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2022 4:37 AM

R 26 "she slept with Jason Patric right after the wedding to Keifer was off"

She must have been a huge "The Lost Boys" fan! She should have hooked up with the greased up, thrusting rock singer in the movie too! Maybe she did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2022 4:41 AM

Like Julia Roberts would have sex with this? Your taste is as bad as your spelling R65.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2022 5:10 AM

Someone is pressed about Denzel and Pauletta.

Whatever the case, Julia was downright DISGUSTING when she said that nauseating "I love my life" and fawned all over Denzel when Pauletta was in the audience. It was Denzel's moment, not Cunt Julia's.

A shameful display by Ghoulia, who OUTCUNTED herself from the previous year with her hysterics and rudeness towards the professional Bill Conti.

Spielberg remembered correctly. She's a CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2022 5:17 AM

[quote] He can't even control his own wife!

Say what?

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2022 5:19 AM

How can Pauletta even get up in the morning knowing that Denzel has another wife and family?

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2022 5:31 AM

Only ANCIENT WHITE RACIST F@GS of DL throw around the word c*nt so often and freely. So much hatred and fear of the women you can't emulate or adore? You still have so many issues with your MOMMY when you're already 75, R67? Homosexuals will be reinstated as a mental illness in the next manual. DSM6. VI

The rest of us men are queer and younger and like women. We support all our brothers and sisters in the struggle to be free. We are happy with ourselves.

May jesus visit healing to your troubled mind this night R67.🙏🏾

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2022 5:34 AM

I've never heard these heroin claims before.

I do remember from the time lots of reports of her flipping out on set because she needed to be suspended for long periods in a harness, for the flying effects. She would blow up about that and supposedly fought with the crew and demanded to be let down.

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2022 5:36 AM

Can Julia ask the stick man to play off r70???

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2022 5:42 AM

I remember the Nick Nolte and Julia feud. Even back in '94, it couldn't be contained even with the lack of social media back then.

Eric Roberts will always be a better actor than Julia. It's a shame his career peaked and then flamed out when she became famous.

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2022 5:45 AM

She feuded with both M and G.

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2022 5:52 AM

I believe you R64

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2022 6:12 AM

I LOVE TROUBLE looks so awful.

I always mix it up with the one Angelina Jolie played a blonde reporter in. That looked bad, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2022 6:13 AM

Who did Bill Conti play off that made Julia mad? (see video above)

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2022 6:22 AM

I vehemently disagree with what wrote, r32, but I am impressed with the depth of your cuntery. Bravo, bitch. You know how to turn a phrase.

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2022 6:27 AM

Roberts seems spun in that interview, not that I blame her, facing Barbara Walters & her split ends.

by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2022 6:29 AM

R32=Julia Roberts

by Anonymousreply 80July 26, 2022 9:21 AM

Why does DL always claim she’s the last movie star, as if her peer Sandra’s career hasn’t outlived Julia’s.

by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2022 9:22 AM

Her brother Eric had a good part in The Dark Knight, which was a bigger hit than anything she's been in.

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2022 9:22 AM

Also, Tom isn’t the last movie star.

by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2022 9:24 AM

R82 but it wasn’t a hit because of him. That’s the difference.

by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2022 9:24 AM

And here I thought she was America’s Sweetheart

by Anonymousreply 85July 26, 2022 11:51 AM

R85 she’s America’s Sauerkraut.

by Anonymousreply 86July 26, 2022 2:01 PM

Even after 20 years, she's surprisingly damm good in Erin Brockovich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 26, 2022 2:21 PM

She definitely doesn't seem easy to get along with. 'Prickly' to say the very least. I do find a lot of these physical or stunt-heavy roles (usually with the actor/actress having to be suspended or in a harness) usually give way to on-set tension and fights. It's extremely uncomfortable and difficult to do take after take. The furthest end of the spectrum is something like Uma Thurman being forced into the car accident by Tarantino (and Weinstein) even though she wasn't comfortable with it. Julia was going through a lot, and wasn't 100% devoted to the project. Spielberg and co decided to try and publicly hang her for it instead of just keeping quiet, but probably didn't expect her to become such a massive movie star anyway.

Having said that, Spielberg is no angel either. He has this 'America's grandaddy' image that couldn't be further from the truth, from what friends in the industry have said. I remember that book "You'll Never Eat Lunch in This Town Again" by his co-producer Julia Phillips exposed a lot of his egomaniacal behaviour too.

by Anonymousreply 88July 26, 2022 3:44 PM

Julia's not a bad actress but Erin Brockovich is a great character. Any actress with chutzpah would have been able to play her just as well. Hollywood frequently confuses good characters with good acting.

by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2022 4:25 PM

I am curious about how Julia and Robin would have done in a movie built around the two of them interacting, like if he had been the male lead in I Love Trouble.

by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2022 4:28 PM

Interesting. Careful lighting, soft focus photography and expertly applied cosmetics for both the subject and interviewer.

The cuntitude is off the charts in the video, I can't make it past the first 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2022 4:31 PM

R91 reallyyyy soft focus photography. I assume it was for Barbara but it really benefited Julia as well.

by Anonymousreply 92July 26, 2022 4:46 PM

R88 she was already a star. That’s why she was cast…

Stop with the excuses. There are many stories about her. Not just hook

by Anonymousreply 93July 26, 2022 5:39 PM

The heroin rumors around Julia on the Hook set aren't new. Goodness. It was not a well-kept secret. And I believe them. She is horrible in that film, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 26, 2022 5:45 PM

This thread should just be renamed the "I Hate Julia Roberts" thread

by Anonymousreply 95July 26, 2022 5:45 PM

I always thought JR was too lucky for a woman with her looks, personality and acting talent. Her brother got the looks and the talent in that family but his films did not make money while baby sister's did.

by Anonymousreply 96July 26, 2022 5:49 PM

And yet she wasn't the worst actress in HOOK.

by Anonymousreply 97July 26, 2022 5:51 PM

Next thing people will say is that Eric Roberts got his sister Julia hooked on heroin and they shot up together

by Anonymousreply 98July 26, 2022 5:51 PM

Pretty Woman was good with her in it, but anyone could have done that role:

Pam Dawber

Molly Ringwald (who was given first choice for the role)

Meg Ryan

Sally Kirkland

Ricki Lake

Nancy McKeon

Jasmine Guy

Robin Givens

Tawny Kitaen

Brigitte Nielsen

Valerie Bertinelli

by Anonymousreply 99July 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Who the fuck would rent butch Nancy McKeon for a week fucking?

by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2022 5:53 PM

That is why Keifer Sutherland dumped Julia Roberts - because of her out of control heroin addiction (after brother Eric Roberts got her hooked, as they shot up together)

Sutherland telling her it is either the heroin or me - and Julia sided with the heroin (as Jason Patric was also a heroin user)

So Julia, Eric Roberts and Jason Patric all shot up heroin together.

by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2022 5:55 PM

PAM DAWBER AS A HOLLYWOOD BLVD STREETWALKER?

Maybe she could play a “housewife by day/sex worker by night” in an NBC movie of the week, but Richard Gere wasn’t going to pay for that frau’s company for a week.

by Anonymousreply 102July 26, 2022 5:56 PM

R102 in all fairness I doubt Richard Gere would pay for any woman's company other than bearding.

by Anonymousreply 103July 26, 2022 5:59 PM

R89 could not disagree more. Even a good character can come off bad if in the wrong actors hands.

by Anonymousreply 104July 26, 2022 6:02 PM

Bill Conti refers to Benjamin Bratt as her “male escort”. Were they not really dating?

by Anonymousreply 105July 26, 2022 6:04 PM

r19 don't forget her very messed up family. Eric as much of a douchebag he is.. hoped with her choosing the same path as he did, they would become closer. She used him for access and burnt him., Heck, closest he got to her is the interest she would take in his daughter decades later... there's more pictures of her with his daughter than with her own children., When they are together, the children cling to daddy...

her mother was a pro-confedrate religious nut that abandoned her family for another man, came back a few later to only take the daughters... which would allegedly become sexually abused by the stepfather. though Julia denies this, though her sisters didn't until America's sweetheart got in them line.

by Anonymousreply 106July 26, 2022 6:23 PM

Fun thread but “experienced incest with her brother Eric.” at r57 has had me giggling for 10 minutes. W. T. F.?

by Anonymousreply 107July 26, 2022 6:28 PM

Big brother made sure baby sister got hired in his projects when she was starting out. Super successful people always deny they had access and opportunities others didn't.

by Anonymousreply 108July 26, 2022 6:29 PM

r107 someone would question when.... she was out of his life at young enough age she doesn't remember her biological father. He was a one time playright that ended up as an acting teacher to the plebs in the middle of nowhere and her brother would remain largely out of her life. Where many would say she was completely indoctrinated by her mother because she idolized to worship status... but her mother's history is the more curious one. Honestly, I'm surprised it's never fully been discusssed how pro-"old" south she was. . . it's just always dismissed, even by the haters.

r108 and she quickly slept her way to the top.... you could see the ladder of trajectory with men she'd jump the rungs for.

You can also see the transformation from resting bitch face and pretty bitchy, entitled attitude, to creepily smiling everywhere, all the time... at least if she knew there was a camera on her. The fake "laugh" -- even the "accent" -- just watch her earliest interviews onward... it takes a few years but she does it remarkably fast. . . by the early 90s, she perfected America's Sweetheart persona.

by Anonymousreply 109July 26, 2022 6:37 PM

I think it’s something in the eyes. Harrison Ford often looks scared and Julia Roberts looks vulnerable. They start out with good looks and then that seeming vulnerability brings in the multi-million dollar paychecks even though neither is much of an actor. It’s weird how that works.

by Anonymousreply 110July 26, 2022 6:48 PM

I’ve never seen her as bitchy as in OP’s video. “Well I guess Mr. Steven Spielberg and I just have a different recollection,” “I mean, he had more drama than me with the whole Amy Irving thing,” etc. What a bitch lol!

by Anonymousreply 111July 26, 2022 7:01 PM

The whole Amy Irving thing is none of her business. Why bring it up in an interview about you and your little accomplishment?

by Anonymousreply 112July 26, 2022 7:16 PM

R111, check out the table read. Julia is a supreme bitch to John Legend's cunty wife.

She could have just kept her inner bitch to herself.

There are many JR bitch moments to be found on YT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 26, 2022 7:17 PM

r112 He even defended her on the set, as many people alleged, telling people she was still a "young" actress and going thru personal issues that most wouldn't easily handle. . . though she did marked by corporate for her antics, but it's much safer to criticize the director than it is a network/studio/etc. She was a liability in the same way finally RJDjr was recognized as one. She should be grateful she wasn't graylisted like he was..

by Anonymousreply 114July 26, 2022 7:18 PM

That little nothing wife of John Legend got her ass swatted by a megastar for acting like a stupid bitch "accidentally" crashing an all A List affair. She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 115July 26, 2022 7:30 PM

R114 she was the biggest star in the world at the time. She wasn't getting blacklisted. When Downey Jr got his he was middling actor at best.

by Anonymousreply 116July 26, 2022 7:31 PM

R112, she was saying that Spielberg spoke to her about the Irving stuff while they were making Hook. However, it’s still deflection and really cunty that she brought it up rather than actually answering Walters’ question.

by Anonymousreply 117July 26, 2022 7:32 PM

That's fine, and I agree, R115. But it still is an example of JR being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 118July 26, 2022 7:34 PM

R66-She fucked Lyle Lovett, proving she'd fuck anyone with a big enough dick.

R98-Eric's drug of choice was cocaine. He was doing massive amounts of it in the 80's and fucking boys while dating Sandy Dennis. Probably still fucks guys.

by Anonymousreply 119July 26, 2022 7:40 PM

There were rumors about her being extra flirty with Denzel while they filmed The Pelican Brief, and her wanting the two characters to start fucking but Denzel refused it and felt it would be disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 120July 26, 2022 7:52 PM

r116 one of... frankly, the industry as whole shifted because it was simply costing too much to insure problem actors. I used RDJ as an example because that would be the most recognized of the time of industry woes... but the shift had begun much earlier and most of the brat pack got caught up in it but in hindsight, you'd likely dismiss them as well. Many "big" names became virtually unemployable in the 90s because it reached the apex of bullshit. . . there was the extended strike in this period as well as the industry forced to invest in technology as a whole... which many had been resisting and were playing catchup with the innovations of the day to compete with an exploding international film market. And let's not, of course, forget this when "stars" began being paid truly absurd fees. . . in which they had to be insured for a greater sum more.

When I speak of graylisting that's what it is... it's not blacklisting, it's when someone is not so much shunned but considered too much a liability to a production. This is also where we saw several other big names slip for other types of public relations messes.. drugs and starlet tantrums were nothing new.. they were having a harder time with people that didn't want to stay on script, promote their films and play into their public personas tahn revealing what massive asses they were.

However, we can give it to her... she was very good at p.r. spin.

I've been trying to look up Liz Smith's interview with Steven on all this but it seems it's offline at a university, only thing I could find was an interview with Julia who claims she begged Steven to help her and under her magical insight and authority, he spoke to Liz Smith to disspell the rumours of her antics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2022 7:52 PM

I think she and Denzel fucked just to say they had. Crossed it off the list, as it were.

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2022 7:54 PM

R122 say it to whom?

by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2022 7:57 PM

Julia in 1991:

EW: After the wedding was canceled, all the talk began about ”Will she return to the set of Hook?” Were you aware of that talk?

JR: Would I return to the set of Hook was never in question with anybody that had to do with the film. This was something drummed up by the press. The fact is, you know, I had been working on Hook for quite some time, doing the technical preparations and stuff, and then it was actually on my first day of filming I got up to go to work, and I was freezing cold because I had this fever.

EW: One reason people asked all those questions is that you were in the hospital an awfully long time for the flu-five days.

JR: I was tired. I had a fever, a bad fever. That was the worst symptom-it was like 104. That’s why I was in the hospital for so long. People should be allowed — to put it in gross terms — allowed the luxury of just being sick: I have the flu, I’m sick, f— off.

EW: Even after you got out, the rumors about whether you would go back to work on Hook persisted.

JR: I was reading it in the paper with everybody else. You know, I would be at work reading that I didn’t have a job, that there was some kind of problem going on. And it just became absurd. I finally was advised by a friend to go talk to Steven (Spielberg). And I said to him, ”You know, I really need you to help me out here. This is getting crazy. Too many people are reading it and believing it.” So Steven talked to Liz Smith, who was kind enough to report it accurately.

EW: I recall that there was a photo op of some sort where you and Steven were driven out in a cart to meet some photographers for a few minutes.

JR: I was just told to do it. This was just to assure people that I’m happy and Steven’s happy and that, in fact, these are just rumors. The only problem is, I never saw these pictures run. I remember seeing only one picture, it was in Entertainment Weekly and I saw it on an airplane.

EW: Those rumors had a life of their own.

JR: See, that’s what’s scary. Others said I was losing my job because I had a problem with drugs. And this started, I can only assume, because I was so thin. And it’s just absurd, you know. I don’t know how anybody who would do drugs could function. I don’t — nor have I ever done drugs — and I guess it’s boring to be sort of a young actor in Hollywood and not have a drug problem. Well, then, I’m boring, and that’s cool with me, because I’ve got clear skin and clean arms, and I’m just thin. Period. The end. Quit picking on me, you know.

EW: There was never a drug problem?

JR: No, there were never any drugs. Never. That’s why it’s so absurd and frustrating. Why should I have to explain something that’s never been an issue in my life? But I’m forced to, because every paper in the country is writing that I’m a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2022 7:59 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2022 8:03 PM

Julianna Margulies on Julia Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2022 8:06 PM

Let's be honest, Herb Ross was right. . .

she was the least favorite in Steel Magnolias..

Shelby's death was a blessing to so many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2022 8:09 PM

Julianna Margulies is 56! That woman looks beautiful! And she’s surprisingly intelligent. I love that Julia Roberts KNEW she was awful the minute it was mentioned she was her waitress lmao. She was such a cunt to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2022 8:12 PM

The aging process, or perhaps her agent had her next role as a grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 129July 26, 2022 8:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 26, 2022 8:29 PM

I never found her to be particularly likable. After she had kids, she started looking ugly and mean. Whereas Meryl and Sandy aged somewhat gracefully and kept their fans, Julia has not had a successful project in decades.

by Anonymousreply 131July 26, 2022 8:49 PM

Meryl is much older than them

by Anonymousreply 132July 26, 2022 8:51 PM

What the shit was that snoozy hbo or showtime show she did recently? Or was it Amazon? I watched the first couple of eps and while the acting was good it was soooo slowwww. I walked away. It was with Soderberg, I think.

by Anonymousreply 133July 26, 2022 8:52 PM

Homecoming, R133.

by Anonymousreply 134July 26, 2022 8:57 PM

Yes, Meryl is older but stayed popular in her 50’s and 60’s. Julia never really came back despite several efforts.

by Anonymousreply 135July 26, 2022 9:06 PM

Homecoming was a slow burn but quite good if you hung in there with it. Around halfway it gets ready good and episodes 8-12 are extremely well done. She's really good in that last chunk of episodes when she starts putting things together. Like Spacek in it too.

by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2022 9:07 PM

R131 she hasn't really attempted a big project since EPL to be fair. Everything she's done in the last decade have been smaller more prestige stuff. Closer being the best of the bunch IMO.

by Anonymousreply 137July 26, 2022 9:09 PM

Wrong r3. Spielberg has never been known for predatory behavior. Julie was on drugs and feeling herself as a box office queen at that time.

by Anonymousreply 138July 26, 2022 9:11 PM

Hopefully her new movie with Clooney will bomb and she will permanently retire.

by Anonymousreply 139July 26, 2022 9:12 PM

R9, Julia is not a bitch. She's not of those super nice celebs but she's not a raging bitch. She was just on it and reckless during that era.

by Anonymousreply 140July 26, 2022 9:13 PM

"I once saw Julia Roberts", Will Young begins. "We were sharing a makeup room and she said, 'Aren’t you the guy from American Idol?'

"I said, 'No, I’m from Pop Idol', and then for some reason I said, 'Oh, wouldn’t it be funny if it was called Pup Idol, and everybody brought their puppies?'"

"Her assistant moved her away from me."

by Anonymousreply 141July 26, 2022 9:39 PM

Were I to compare someone to Julia Roberts, Robert Downey Jr. would be one of the last in line. And yes, I know he had severe drug issues. But there is no record of him ever bringing them to the set the way Julia allegedly did. And I have never heard anyone other than Hugh Grant and James Toback bad-mouth him in a professional context. Which is a bit like being hated by Dastardly Whiplash and Jabba the Hutt.

by Anonymousreply 142July 26, 2022 9:49 PM

What a strange story for Juliana to tell on Letterman. Hmmm… I’d bet there’s more there.

by Anonymousreply 143July 26, 2022 9:50 PM

r142 from an economic pov, they were a financial risk.. primarily for insurance and investors,

by Anonymousreply 144July 26, 2022 10:31 PM

Julianna Margulies has the nerve to imply someone is a bitch???

by Anonymousreply 145July 26, 2022 11:24 PM

I find myself agreeing with R32. She’s a tough broad in a rotten business. She’s got that harrrd core like Helen Lawson.

by Anonymousreply 146July 26, 2022 11:33 PM

Keep my ex wife’s name out of your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2022 11:44 PM

Julia Roberts is the last great star We need to appreciate her.

by Anonymousreply 148July 27, 2022 12:09 AM

What? Many people would gladly kick her in the cunt

by Anonymousreply 149July 27, 2022 12:29 AM

Stevie Knicks! So nice of you to stop by.

by Anonymousreply 150July 27, 2022 12:50 AM

Tinkerbelle is a small, delicate fairy and usually played by a pinpoint of light with a bell or triangle for her voice. Occasionally a child or small mime will be cast. But Spielberg showed extreme bravery by going against all tradition and casting a cow in the role, in all her bovine splendor.

by Anonymousreply 151July 27, 2022 1:58 AM

Everyone knows about Glenn's drag cameo as one of the of the pirates, right?

by Anonymousreply 152July 27, 2022 2:32 AM

R151 Julia is far too skinny and tall to be bovine, she's the living embodiment of a horse.

by Anonymousreply 153July 27, 2022 4:08 AM

Interesting that she never became a gay icon. Too sour.

by Anonymousreply 154July 27, 2022 4:15 AM

Glenn Close's cameo in Hook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 27, 2022 4:17 AM

Julia is not too sour, R154. She's a happy, fun, strong, successful straight woman who commands the room. She likes MEN.

She's just not your OLD white fags idea of a "beauty" or a monster or a tragedy. Those are the only kind of women THAT type of gay men can adore. Julia is a chick. She's not the poster girl for campy old fags.

by Anonymousreply 156July 27, 2022 4:27 AM

Julia should have had Glenn's part.

by Anonymousreply 157July 27, 2022 4:30 AM

Julia’s a cunt and plays the same in every role.

by Anonymousreply 158July 27, 2022 4:37 AM

Julia Roberts has a vag, so of course SS wasn't interested in sleeping with her.

by Anonymousreply 159July 27, 2022 4:39 AM

I really do love the Julia stan in here. He/she makes some good points.

by Anonymousreply 160July 27, 2022 4:42 AM

But the homophobic slurs need to stop.

by Anonymousreply 161July 27, 2022 4:43 AM

Frau alert 🚨

by Anonymousreply 162July 27, 2022 4:43 AM

Semi OT but I still laugh when I think about a post here in a thread about Sleeping With The Enemy about how the opening credits theme is SUCH Julia Roberts music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Julia was so likable in her first few years - Satisfaction, Mystic Pizza, Steel Magnolias, Pretty Woman, Sleeping with the Enemy. Then she became too bitchy and hard on-screen.

by Anonymousreply 164July 27, 2022 4:59 AM

She a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 165July 27, 2022 5:01 AM

The og basic bitch. So lucky.

by Anonymousreply 166July 27, 2022 5:04 AM

[quote]R152 Everyone knows about Glenn's drag cameo as one of the of the pirates, right?

Another pathetic Oscar bid.

by Anonymousreply 167July 27, 2022 5:41 AM

[Quote] Having said that, Spielberg is no angel either. He has this 'America's grandaddy' image that couldn't be further from the truth, from what friends in the industry have said. I remember that book "You'll Never Eat Lunch in This Town Again" by his co-producer Julia Phillips exposed a lot of his egomaniacal behaviour too.

I never thought he was and don't expect someone at that level to not be a total egomaniac unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2022 7:48 AM

We don’t expect more from someone who wanted Indiana Jones to fuck a 12 year old

by Anonymousreply 169July 27, 2022 8:32 AM

Jesus, R137, you really couldn't type out "eat pray love"? This was too much for you? You assumed everyone would automatically know what you were talking about?

Fuck. Fucking Do Better.

by Anonymousreply 170July 27, 2022 9:29 AM

Also, R32 may be an asshole, but "Joan Crawdad" made me so happy.

by Anonymousreply 171July 27, 2022 9:31 AM

[quote]Even after 20 years, she's surprisingly damm good in Erin Brockovich.

Because she got a chance to play herself: A consummate bitch on a power trip.

by Anonymousreply 172July 27, 2022 11:03 AM

I'm surprised more of the ancient gays on here don't love her as much as GenX gays. They usually tend to love large than life female movie stars with cuntitude who don't take shit from no one.

by Anonymousreply 173July 27, 2022 11:36 AM

R173, the point is that stars such as you describe are beloved IF- and it's a pretty big "if" - their screen persona matches their off-stage one.

Bette Davis was NOT America's sweetheart; neither was Barbara Stanwyck, Lauren Bacall, Vivien Leigh or Joan Crawford. They were aggressors, ball-busters, too-cool-for-school dames.

Roberts made her fame and fortune playing against this type rather than reveling in it. So her "cuntitude" in real life is actually jarring...and simply comes across as unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 174July 27, 2022 11:48 AM

You gays are so nasty! Julia is sweet, pure and innocent. She's America's Sweetheart!

by Anonymousreply 175July 27, 2022 12:16 PM

It's funny that she was nicknamed 'America's Sweetheart', because I do like her in the movie America's Sweethearts. It's absolute self-serving Hollywood schmaltz (written by Billy Crystal) but she and YOUNG INGENUE Catherine Zeta Jones are radiant in it. Funnily enough they play sisters in the movie but CZJ is the raging egomaniacal bitch movie star character and Jules is the formerly fat, frumpy sister who has always been her assistant (I wonder if it felt like playing her own sister).

Both play well off each other, there is no attempt to make the characters likeable. I am sure they are awful in real life but they are both funny, and do possess a movie star 'glow' that is completely extinct nowadays.. John Cusack is same old same old, but Stanley Tucci, Christopher Walken, Billy Crystal and Hank Azaria are fun. Jules always nails that scene in every movie where she 'finally' lets her frustrations out. Erin Brockovich, August Osage County, Closer, this one... she always makes that payoff moment very satisfying for the audience.

by Anonymousreply 176July 27, 2022 12:56 PM

Interesting that Spielberg had a falling out with two of the biggest stars in Hollywood: Julia Roberts and Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 177July 27, 2022 2:41 PM

"America's Sweetheart" was Mary Pickford's sobriquet for decades, going back to the early silent era. Julia should at least find her own, not lift someone else's.

Back in the 90s Julia dated Ben Bratt for awhile and he convinced her to guest star on L&O. Those old pros acted rings around GiantMouth. It was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 178July 27, 2022 2:57 PM

R148, I'm so sick of people on here repeating this lie. There have been big stars to emerge since Julia. LEONARDIO diCaprio, Jennifer Lopez, Bradley Cooper, Sandra Bullock. Hell technically even Will Smith became a movie star after Pretty Woman, and is bigger internationally than she ever was so he counts too.

by Anonymousreply 179July 27, 2022 3:01 PM

I waited on Julia Roberts once at the Four Seasons, Chicago when she was there filming My Best Friend's Wedding. She was lovely. All she had for breakfast was 1 soft boiled egg, a half a slice of white toast and a pot of chamomile tea. No problems.

by Anonymousreply 180July 27, 2022 3:20 PM

r179

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 27, 2022 3:22 PM

"Interesting that Spielberg had a falling out with two of the biggest stars in Hollywood: Julia Roberts and Tom Cruise."

Not really, when you consider they are among the biggest assholes in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 182July 27, 2022 3:26 PM

R113. Funny, I once saw John Legend's wife in person. Stunning. A Paul Gauguin painting come to life with glowing amber colored skin. Conversely, Miss Roberts in ungainly, bigbonedid and very much horse-like in person with a greenish -grey pallor. Roberts was with a handler who is even bigger asshole than her client. I'm gonna pass on the American sweetheart bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 183July 27, 2022 5:25 PM

Everyone knows she's not a very nice person.

by Anonymousreply 184July 27, 2022 5:31 PM

Julia is the last SUPERSTAR and one of the biggest superstars ever. Suck on that you idiots.

by Anonymousreply 185July 27, 2022 6:07 PM

Still not interested.

by Anonymousreply 186July 27, 2022 6:12 PM

Sandra Bullock came around the same time. She’s had the bigger career overall, and is still relevant.

by Anonymousreply 187July 27, 2022 7:23 PM

Will Smith is the perfect example of a MOVIE STAR. Because he was one of the biggest ever. R179

by Anonymousreply 188July 27, 2022 7:23 PM

R188 Jada

by Anonymousreply 189July 27, 2022 8:54 PM

She was a miscast as Tinkerbell, but with that mouth she was perfect as Tick-tock the crocodile.

by Anonymousreply 190July 27, 2022 9:05 PM

She’s no longer a big star. All her projects since Mirror, Mirror have been flops.

by Anonymousreply 191July 27, 2022 9:19 PM

“Mirror, Mirror” was a flop.

by Anonymousreply 192July 27, 2022 9:20 PM

R9 Valeria Golino in an interview said they were together at the audition for Pretty Woman and that she was very nice and sweet. I don't know who to believe honestly.

by Anonymousreply 193July 27, 2022 9:25 PM

R193 that was before she became huge. Pretty Woman is what made her a massive movie star

by Anonymousreply 194July 27, 2022 9:27 PM

She's probably capable of being gracious and polite (to service people), sometimes. The "A Low Vera" T-shirt situation, even though long ago, tells the story of her personality, IMO. (Started having a relationship with a married guy, then publicly harasses the guy's wife (Vera, not famous) for not giving him a divorce quick enough for Julia's schedule.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 27, 2022 9:31 PM

Mirror, Mirror, was the last thing I actually liked her in. She gave a nicely understated performance and looked great.

by Anonymousreply 196July 27, 2022 9:33 PM

Why would Clooney push for her as a co-star in his comedy movie if her rep has been consistent flops?

by Anonymousreply 197July 27, 2022 9:34 PM

Because they’re both 90s movie stars

by Anonymousreply 198July 27, 2022 9:35 PM

She was, what, third billing on this film? She wasn't featured on the posters, and she was barely in the film at all.

The bitch was fresh off playing a hooker in a movie everyone else expected to bomb, and before that had only been known for middle-shelf chick flicks.

The bitch ain't Meryl Streep today, and she sure as hell wasn't Meryl Streep back then. The nerve on this twitch, thinking she's a big enough star to halt production and demand A-list treatment. Even Dustin Hoffman, who is NOTORIOUS for his diva prick behavior on every movie set, behaved himself on this picture. Spielberg is a gem to work for, and Robin Williams was a gem of a co-star, and the cast was mostly kids just trying to have a good time. Hoffman knew this, and he kept his own needs in check for the sake of professionalism. That's why even though he's a famous prick, he's still more of a legend than Julia Roberts will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 199July 27, 2022 9:43 PM

Anyway, Spielberg got away with the murder of those two kids on Twilight Zone. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 200July 27, 2022 9:46 PM

This is such a frau thread.

by Anonymousreply 201July 27, 2022 9:47 PM

r200, that was John Landis.

by Anonymousreply 202July 27, 2022 9:54 PM

Random aside: I was getting tech support from Verizon, some southern guy, at one point while waiting for something to finish the statement 'I'll tell you what, have you seen Julia Roberts in Erin Brokovich? THAT is one EXCELLENT movie. '

No idea why, but they were quite passionate about the movie. This was some time in the 2010s, so was NOT a new movie.

by Anonymousreply 203July 27, 2022 10:01 PM

R203 a girl I knew loved that movie. It was her fav movie & and that was her favorite performance from a female actor.

by Anonymousreply 204July 27, 2022 10:03 PM

R32 Ru Paul on meth?

by Anonymousreply 205July 27, 2022 10:03 PM

Mystic Pizza cast joked that she was a slut at their reunion

by Anonymousreply 206July 27, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote][R200], that was John Landis.

Landis was the director of that segment but Spielberg was one of the producers.

by Anonymousreply 207July 27, 2022 10:11 PM

My mother loved Julia Roberts, and saw every movie of hers.

Her favorite was always "Erin Brokorich"....and yes that's how she pronounced it.

by Anonymousreply 208July 27, 2022 10:13 PM

R200 R207 Landis was the one who got away with murder. Spielberg was not involved with the shoot, and was disgusted with Landis' choices, and vowed to never work with him again.

by Anonymousreply 209July 27, 2022 10:13 PM

I love that Helen Mirren thinks Pretty woman is a disgusting dangerous move, because I agree with her. It must have been a Weinstein production.

by Anonymousreply 210July 27, 2022 10:16 PM

Wonder was pretty successful if I recall. The Bullock troll is tiresome. Yes, she's good at pairing up with other names to make films successful. Or accepting Roberts hand me downs. She was seldom the same kind of draw. Roberts movies would open in the summer and go up against genre blockbusters and during the holiday period with other big studio pics. No other actress had ever been marketed in the same way before or since. I think that's what is meant by those who proclaim her the last "big star".

by Anonymousreply 211July 27, 2022 10:18 PM

Bullock put asses in seats for years, and after Miss Congeniality (which was a blockbuster) she had a down point for a few years and then in 2009 had a resurgence.

R211 Roberts name doesn’t carry the weight it once did. Bullock is the bigger star now, and has been since 2009.

by Anonymousreply 212July 27, 2022 10:22 PM

Before The Blind Side she nearly retired. Another movie Julia turned down since it was just a Disney version of Erin Brockovich. And football was the star of that TV movie. She hadn't had a hit in years before which is why she was doing that Steve stalking movie. She pairs with Melissa MooCarrthy, does Ocean's 8 with a slew of females stars, and other names usually. She has seldom done well all on her own. She's very smart and has good instincts I will give her that. I like her by the way and find her more gracious and approachable than Julia. But she was and has never been the same kind of "star". She's the Olive Garden version.

by Anonymousreply 213July 27, 2022 10:29 PM

Bullock, despite being married to a NAZI, is still a sympathetic actor. She's likeable.

by Anonymousreply 214July 27, 2022 10:32 PM

R213 she had many other hits besides those two lmao. She’s the big name. Not Melissa McCarthey. The box office speaks for itself.

The Blind Side starring Julia Roberts wouldn’t have made as much. Roberts was over by then. “A Low Vera” turned most off of her. She hasn’t recovered since.

by Anonymousreply 215July 27, 2022 10:33 PM

No one, other than Data Lounge, remembers the “low Vera” stuff. Even Vera has forgotten all about it.

by Anonymousreply 216July 27, 2022 10:38 PM

Bullock is a bigger star than Roberts and still a box office draw. Roberts hasn't been that for 20 years. It is absolutely fascinating, however, that Bullock's marriage to a Nazi barely dented her reputation. I'd love to know how that all worked out. It wasn't just luck--she adopted a black baby, went away for a bit, etc. Brilliantly managed.

by Anonymousreply 217July 27, 2022 10:38 PM

The should really just make a movie together and just break the internet. And Datalounge. But that bitch Julia would never do it. Someone on DL once suggested Baby Jane.

by Anonymousreply 218July 27, 2022 10:41 PM

Bullock has made more genre films in the last decade so yes she's been more present. A bigger star? No one in actual Hollywood thinks that. Including Bullock herself. Only on DL. The Academy is honoring who again with the icon award this year?

by Anonymousreply 219July 27, 2022 10:44 PM

Julia sort of shaded Sandra during awards season when Sandy was sweeping for The Blind Side.

What people (and Julia herself) don’t realize is that Sandra sweeping that awards season doesn’t mean she would have. Actually, I don’t think Julia would have even been nominated. Sandra was given a “thank you” Oscar from the Industry. Julia already received hers years prior.

She can’t even get a Golden Globe or Emmy nomination these days.

by Anonymousreply 220July 27, 2022 10:45 PM

R219 BECAUSE SHE IS STILL A BOX OFFICE DRAW. You clearly don’t know how Hollywood works…

by Anonymousreply 221July 27, 2022 10:46 PM

Do take meds. Yes, I'm sure no producer in Hollywood would ever cast Julia again in a shitty gene film if she asked.

by Anonymousreply 222July 27, 2022 10:55 PM

They would r222. But not as the main headliner.

by Anonymousreply 223July 27, 2022 10:56 PM

Sandra Bullock managed to divorce the nazi, while adopting her (black) son in a very tight time frame. Add to that, the Nazi was having a public affair with Kat Von Dee (IIRC), so she skated on the 'that poor woman had the wool pulled over her eyes by that womanizing monster. Women ate that spiel up, and many women do remember the Vera business, and that Roberts attempted to 'buy' Danny off of his wife- the whole mess was a brilliant example of bad press being bad news.

Gaslit had some interesting parts, but had such slow pacing at first a lot of viewers probably tapped out (I tried, and failed at watching the whole thing). Roberts seems to be transitioning to character parts now. Bullock I can't speak for ,didn't see Bird Box, and the new film looks to be possibly one of her last as she's planning a long break, but she's not really character actress material IMO.

by Anonymousreply 224July 27, 2022 11:25 PM

I hate Julia’s big, fake horse laugh:

by Anonymousreply 225July 27, 2022 11:48 PM

Pretty Woman wasn’t just a hit - it was a sensation. And it was all because of Julia. She went from Nowhere to Everywhere overnight. Hate her all you want (I find her meh) but Sandy was never THAT popular. Very, very few movie stars have that kind of explosive success.

by Anonymousreply 226July 27, 2022 11:49 PM

R226 we are award of Pretty Woman’s success and making her a household name worldwide.

Sandy’s breakout wasn’t a romcom. It was a blockbuster.

by Anonymousreply 227July 27, 2022 11:51 PM

Sandra has been much more successful of late. Both in hiding that she is a lesbian and box office.

I think Ghoulia still demands a large salary but her appeal is fading fast. She doesn’t get nominations anymore or have big hits. Wonder was a supporting mom role.

by Anonymousreply 228July 28, 2022 12:07 AM

Most aren’t willing to pay her what she wants anymore r228. That was part of the issue with The Blind Side. She wanted $20 million. They said hell no.

Sandra accepted for much less and ended up making more due to bonuses and making a percentage of box office. She plays it smart.

by Anonymousreply 229July 28, 2022 12:09 AM

This was the last time I found her truly likable. She gets Howard's sense of humor and she's willing to play with him a bit, but she doesn't let him get the better of her.

(Julia is heard talking on the phone with Howard at 25:45 and then appears in studio around 32 minutes in.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 28, 2022 12:19 AM

R229, I don't blame Julia. If it was Tom Cruise they would have given it to him. Male movie stars are allowed to have several flops and still demand their standard rate. Why can't women? In all honesty, Julia might be the most consistent bankable star of all time, especially considering her budgets were a lot lower than big flashy action flicks.

by Anonymousreply 231July 28, 2022 12:53 AM

Julia isn’t worth $20 million anymore.

Also, The Blind Side had a $29 million dollar budget. How do you want $20 million out of that?

by Anonymousreply 232July 28, 2022 1:03 AM

Yeah, somehow, Sandra Bullock came out unscathed after being married to a Nazi. I guess she had a lot of good will stored up. I am starting to think she really is a lesbian. Such a frau as she appears would definitely want to be married to a man, publicly, if hetero. Yet, she appears single most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 233July 28, 2022 1:08 AM

Julia was worth the 90s equivalent of $20 million for about years, ‘92-‘95. She’s been losing ground steadily since then.

by Anonymousreply 234July 28, 2022 1:09 AM

Hon, it's not worth the trouble. If you don't get why Julia Roberts was a different kind of movie than Sandra Bullock you will never get what a star is.

by Anonymousreply 235July 28, 2022 1:10 AM

Sweetie, if you don't understand why Julia Roberts is a bigger star than Sandra Bullock will ever be you don't understand. Do you realize without Julia Roberts there would never be a Sandra Bullock?

by Anonymousreply 236July 28, 2022 1:13 AM

R235 we know what a star is. Sandra is also a star lmao.

by Anonymousreply 237July 28, 2022 1:13 AM

R231 Tom Cruise has taken pay cuts to star in lower budget films in the past. Leo, Brad Pitt etc. also. Sandra also.

Julia refused. Same as Angelina.

by Anonymousreply 238July 28, 2022 1:14 AM

Plain and and simple. If Julia never happened there would be no Sandra Bullock

by Anonymousreply 239July 28, 2022 1:17 AM

R233 she's rich, successful and already has kids, why would she want to shackle herself to a man?

by Anonymousreply 240July 28, 2022 1:20 AM

R239 no. Sandra didn’t become famous from a romcom. Julia didn’t pave the way for her career.

by Anonymousreply 241July 28, 2022 1:25 AM

She's a cunt. Can't fucking stand her.

by Anonymousreply 242July 28, 2022 1:30 AM

Sandra’s fee was $10 million when she made The Blind Side. She took a pay cut to make it, getting paid $5 million up front, but had it that she would get a percentage of profits if it was a success. It was a surprise box office smash, and she walked away with over $20 million for it.

Julia can’t humble herself and take a pay cut.

by Anonymousreply 243July 28, 2022 1:39 AM

R234 which of course she wasn’t earning because most actors/actresses weren’t making $20 million per film in the 90s. Especially females.

Wasn’t Demi Moore making more than Julia by the late 90s?

by Anonymousreply 244July 28, 2022 1:41 AM

Sandy wanted to do a cute lesbianic rom-com with Julia called "When Mary Met Sally," but she said Julia was strung out on heroin and would have brought an unwanted dark energy to the feel-good project.

by Anonymousreply 245July 28, 2022 1:41 AM

My GOD that movie was a trial to sit through.

by Anonymousreply 246July 28, 2022 1:41 AM

Wait a minute, Lyle Lovett was a heroin addict R94?

by Anonymousreply 247July 28, 2022 1:52 AM

R247 no.

by Anonymousreply 248July 28, 2022 1:52 AM

Demi got12 to show titties in Stiptease. Julia made sure to get 12.5 for MBFW and the rest is history. 15 for Notting Hill, 18 for Runaway Bride, 20 for Erin Brockvich, 25 for Mona Lisa Smile

by Anonymousreply 249July 28, 2022 1:53 AM

Almost $100 million bucks for those steaming piles of dogshit.

by Anonymousreply 250July 28, 2022 2:02 AM

But produced 2 billion dollars

by Anonymousreply 251July 28, 2022 2:05 AM

She's a first rate cunt. But if you don't respect what she was able to do you suck at your own job

by Anonymousreply 252July 28, 2022 2:10 AM

Julia lost her luster after 40. It happens to most stars. People still suck up to her but she hasn’t led a hit movie in years.

by Anonymousreply 253July 28, 2022 2:10 AM

R249 I remember her making that much for MBFW and each movie after she made more because of the previous film being a big hit.

Mona Lisa Smile was the cutoff.

by Anonymousreply 254July 28, 2022 2:11 AM

This is why she is one of the biggest female movie stars of all time. No matter what comes after. Because this had never happened before. And why is she is so revered in the industry. Granted she got very lucky that Pretty Woman became a phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 255July 28, 2022 2:17 AM

Sandra plays it smarter. She earned close to $60 million for both The Proposal and The Blind Side in 2009 because she took an upfront pay cut for both in exchange for box office profit percentage. Thats risky, but it worked out for her.

Julia also turned down The Proposal because they refused to pay her $20 million upfront.

Clearly no one felt she was worth that $20 million demand anymore.

by Anonymousreply 256July 28, 2022 2:20 AM

R255 it’s happened before… people just ignore her flops.

by Anonymousreply 257July 28, 2022 2:20 AM

R255 do tell when women started getting paid this kind of money and had their romantic comedies put up against Star Wars in prime summer releases.

by Anonymousreply 258July 28, 2022 2:23 AM

R258 we all know she was the first to reach $20 million. But there were firsts before her. You can’t compare what an actress in 1960 was being paid to someone in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 259July 28, 2022 2:25 AM

She turned down Blind Side not for money but because she said she already played that in Erin Brockovich. Proposal she wanted 20 YES

by Anonymousreply 260July 28, 2022 2:27 AM

Jim Carrey was the first male to earn $20 million for a single film.

by Anonymousreply 261July 28, 2022 2:27 AM

R260 she’s trying to save face. The mother in TBS is nothing like Erin.

She doesn’t wanna seem like a greedy bitch. Which she was. And is. And hasn’t had a hit in over 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 262July 28, 2022 2:28 AM

Fun Fact. The real Erin Brokovich actually hated Julia being cast as her. She played it up because she had to but didn’t like her casting at all.

by Anonymousreply 263July 28, 2022 2:30 AM

Julia Roberts just looks better with dark brown hair. IMO, the colorists can never get her to look natural with blonde hair. (As in Erin Brokovich.) Same with Angelina Jolie, looks strange with blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 264July 28, 2022 2:32 AM

She only asked 20 for The Proposal . She didn't wanna do The Blind Side. She thought the script was awful and she already played that. They only offered 20. Maybe for 25

by Anonymousreply 265July 28, 2022 2:33 AM

Because she isn’t a natural blonde.

by Anonymousreply 266July 28, 2022 2:34 AM

R265 what are you talking about??? Now you’re just making shit up. They offered her $20-$25 million for a low budget film with a budget of $29 million INCLUDING PROMOTING BUDGET??? But they were gonna give it all to her? Dude. You’re trying too hard now.

by Anonymousreply 267July 28, 2022 2:35 AM

She would've done Blind Side for 25

by Anonymousreply 268July 28, 2022 2:36 AM

She would've done Blind Side for 25

by Anonymousreply 269July 28, 2022 2:36 AM

You really think she would've done that shit for less than 20. She hated the script

by Anonymousreply 270July 28, 2022 2:37 AM

Yes. She would have for more money. Thanks for fucking proving what I’ve been saying all along.

by Anonymousreply 271July 28, 2022 2:38 AM

R267 it wouldn't have been that budget if they had gotten who they really wanted moron. They got super lucky.

by Anonymousreply 272July 28, 2022 2:39 AM

R272 again, you don’t know shit about Hollywood or movie making. When Leo takes a pay cut (he was paid $1 million for J Edgar) because they can’t exceed budget, you think they’re throwing more money at a movie for Julia? She was over by then lmao.

At least be logical in your ridiculous trolling.

The Blind Side wasn’t a big studio film.

by Anonymousreply 273July 28, 2022 2:42 AM

Blind Side was made by a major studio Warner Brothers idiot. Do you think a small studio was gonna approach Julia Roberts to star?

by Anonymousreply 274July 28, 2022 2:49 AM

The Blind Side was distributed by Warner bros. At what point is that not a major studio? And why would a small film approach a megastar like Julia Roberts to star?

by Anonymousreply 275July 28, 2022 2:51 AM

[quote] Will Smith is the perfect example of a MOVIE STAR. Because he was one of the biggest ever. [R179]

I AM "big"! It's the Red Table podcasts that got small...

by Anonymousreply 276July 28, 2022 2:53 AM

The Blind Side was funded and made by Alcon Entertainment, an Independent studio. It was then sold AFTER BEING MADE to Warner Bros for distribution.

I just can’t with people who run their mouths without knowing the facts.

by Anonymousreply 277July 28, 2022 2:53 AM

Ummm many huge stars make small budget/indie films. Jesus. You really just run your mouth.

She wasn’t a megastar in 2009. Every film she did after Erin Brokovich flopped.

by Anonymousreply 278July 28, 2022 2:55 AM

R277 let me tell you how it works. No one is go to an A list star unless you are willing to pay. There is no way they went to Julia Roberts to be in their movie unless they had money

by Anonymousreply 279July 28, 2022 2:58 AM

Revered? By who? No one showed up to her tribute.

by Anonymousreply 280July 28, 2022 2:58 AM

Alcon Studios is an Independent Studio that was bought out by WB. However, That isn’t the same as being a direct WB movie. They only make Independent films at Alcon and independently raise the money for the films, which then WB pays for the distribution

by Anonymousreply 281July 28, 2022 2:59 AM

Some of you queens are tiresome. Why can we have both? I'd love them in in film together.

by Anonymousreply 282July 28, 2022 3:13 AM

R280 look at the line up for her upcoming Academy presentation.

by Anonymousreply 283July 28, 2022 3:14 AM

The Blind Side seems like it could have been a Hallmark movie.

by Anonymousreply 284July 28, 2022 3:15 AM

A Hallmark movie that earned over $300 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 285July 28, 2022 3:16 AM

What line up? Her children and henpecked husband?

by Anonymousreply 286July 28, 2022 3:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 28, 2022 3:18 AM

The ball is in Julia's court. Sandra has said many kind words about Julia. And I'm sure she'd be open to a film together. It's Julia who will not acknowledge her.

by Anonymousreply 288July 28, 2022 3:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 28, 2022 3:20 AM

Julia is BFF with Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson who everyone knows can be nasty.

by Anonymousreply 290July 28, 2022 3:20 AM

Miss Roberts is everything the gays love. Yet she's not a gay icon. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 291July 28, 2022 3:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292July 28, 2022 3:23 AM

I suspect some gays find her a bit harsh. She will cut a bitch. I like her but she does unnerve me.

by Anonymousreply 293July 28, 2022 3:25 AM

1:32

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 28, 2022 3:26 AM

R288 she should. She may have another hit finally.

by Anonymousreply 295July 28, 2022 3:28 AM

The gays normally like a broad like her. An earlier put his finger on it. Because her sell is against that. She was sold and sold herself as a puritanical girl next door. Whence is a bit of a bith

by Anonymousreply 296July 28, 2022 3:30 AM

*She is a bit of a bitch*

by Anonymousreply 297July 28, 2022 3:31 AM

No. Gays tend to like witty cunts. She isn’t that.

by Anonymousreply 298July 28, 2022 3:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 28, 2022 3:33 AM

Roberts dislikes Bullock not only because she envies her but also because Sandy has Lebanese ancestry. Roberts is from chichi WASP stock and doesn’t consider people of Sandy’s background proper or worthy.

by Anonymousreply 300July 28, 2022 3:37 AM

Julia Roberts and Debra Winger are not the kind of cunts that are gay icons. They are are gay icon adjacent . Because any self respecting gay can spot a real cunt from the gas station next door.

by Anonymousreply 301July 28, 2022 3:38 AM

Julia was a bad and difficult fairy. Just ask Steven.

Some things will not be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 302July 28, 2022 3:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 28, 2022 3:43 AM

Julia is hilarious in that Don Rickles clip. Why does her laughter and beauty unnerve people? She's a cool bitch.

Someone on this thread doesn't understand the meaning of MOVIE STAR. That is different than a movie actor or box office star. A MOVIE STAR is a rare and intangible combination of energy and light and talent and good looks.

Sandra Bullock is a star. Of films. She became well known in her early thirties, though she lied about her age. She was never a beauty. She radiates nothing more than a good nature and occasional competent + performance. She has never once surprised anyone - except for her continual face and body surgeries. She's self deprecating, as she should be.

Julia is sometimes out of sorts, bitchy or unglamorous. Her films are no longer box office smashes. She has let herself age and has grown as an actress and comedian. She is no longer that rom com ingenue but is always a welcome presence on screen. She still surprises. Julia will be a MOVIE STAR until the day she dies. 🌟✨💌

by Anonymousreply 304July 28, 2022 3:45 AM

Why wouldn't the gays like her?

by Anonymousreply 305July 28, 2022 3:46 AM

I don’t think she is interesting enough for gays. Her fan base is fraus and she doesn’t have a campy bone in her body. She likes being a mom and doing crafts.

by Anonymousreply 306July 28, 2022 3:46 AM

She loves big black cock.

by Anonymousreply 307July 28, 2022 3:48 AM

R304. What I don't know how to articulate in words. The way you just said it. It's different stratosphere.

by Anonymousreply 308July 28, 2022 3:49 AM

Props for never doing a shitty makeup or skincare line, I guess. She could have cashed in multiple ways years ago.

by Anonymousreply 309July 28, 2022 3:50 AM

Spielberg was a complete idiot for casting her in "Hook." I know she was THE hot young actress at the time and that he thought her presence be a boost to the movie but it was still a dumb movie. The large, horsey, gangly Julia Roberts as the dainty little fairy Tinker Bell? Costume and make up did their best, but she looked so ridiculous in that role. Drew Barrymore would have been a better choice, but she was having drug and alcohol problems of her own. But I guess Spielberg learned her lesson because he never did work with her again.

by Anonymousreply 310July 28, 2022 3:52 AM

R306 the gays love bitchy women.

by Anonymousreply 311July 28, 2022 3:52 AM

Julia Roberts treats Sandra Bullock like Katharine Hepburn treated Bette Davis back in the day. Bette would always say kind things about Hepburn in interviews, how she envied her beauty, how she would love to work with her, .etc. Katharine would never acknowledge Bette and often paid her dust like the woman didn't even exist.

by Anonymousreply 312July 28, 2022 3:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 28, 2022 3:54 AM

I do give her credit for not tweeting and for doing heroin while filming "Peter Pan."

by Anonymousreply 314July 28, 2022 3:58 AM

1:33

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 28, 2022 4:00 AM

Julia was the movie star version of Kim Kardashian. She was the last stalked tabloid star before the internet. She hated it though and melted down while Kim Kardashian actually liked it.

by Anonymousreply 316July 28, 2022 4:03 AM

And Winona. Both hated it . And both almost came apart.

by Anonymousreply 317July 28, 2022 4:04 AM

It’s pretty hilarious that she was smacked out on a Spielberg set and didn’t get fired/was trading jabs with him afterwards.

Also, she lived with Liam Neeson so she’s sampled some excellent sizemeat in her time.

by Anonymousreply 318July 28, 2022 4:05 AM

r314 why would she tweet with the common trash? She didn't fuck her way to the top just to roll around in the mud with the plebs.

by Anonymousreply 319July 28, 2022 4:06 AM

But which one would play MISS Baby Jane Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 320July 28, 2022 4:16 AM

Julia Roberts is the biggest female superstar in the last 50 years. No Bullock or Jolie comes close. You morons, you look silly when you compare the Julia Roberts with those foot notes.

by Anonymousreply 321July 28, 2022 4:22 AM

I thought she was WONDERFUL in Gaslit

by Anonymousreply 322July 28, 2022 4:23 AM

r320 Patricia Arquette would be a better choice...

Julia and Sandra can do Grey Gardens together

but we'd probably have to settle for a reboot of Death Becomes Her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 28, 2022 4:26 AM

r321

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324July 28, 2022 4:30 AM

r321

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 28, 2022 4:30 AM

[quote]Julia Roberts is the biggest female superstar in the last 50 years.

I beg your pardon!

by Anonymousreply 326July 28, 2022 4:30 AM

r321 so many others...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327July 28, 2022 4:31 AM

I liked Julia Roberts in ERIN BROCAWHATEVER and her TV Series HOMECOMING, but never sought her movies out.

She’s the kind of actress my sister likes.

by Anonymousreply 328July 28, 2022 4:34 AM

I understand Meryl. But does Viola consider herself a peer?

by Anonymousreply 329July 28, 2022 4:35 AM

All of my frau family still loves Julia Roberts. Most Trumper women do

by Anonymousreply 330July 28, 2022 4:36 AM

Exactly, R321.

Listen to this, speaking of Shirley MacLaine, and real Movie STARS!

It's not about Elizabeth Taylor - though of course it could be. It's performed by Shirley MacLaine.

Julia Roberts is the greatest Movie Star of the last 50 years. She's immortal.

She made sure this "song" would not happen to her. Hell no. She would have walked away first.

Julia stumbled along the way. That's part of the fun. And life. Who wouldn't? Who doesn't. She fucked for pleasure, that's it. She likes cute and SEXY men. She's feminine but not bashful. A woman. A hot Scorpio. She found the one she WANTED to build a family with. And they made it work. That's no ordinary frau. She's got it ALL.

The old white FAGS are SO jealous of her! She won't mommy or monster them and she's not their idea of beautiful. Too fucking bad.

She's A STAR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 28, 2022 4:37 AM

seriously, post Pretty Woman...

once Julia secures a role, ever they add a pretty woman moment in the script?

mostly the "big mistake" moment

over and over again...

you'll see it played out.

r329 It may have been sarcasm but they do share the same kind of entitlement syndrome and superiority complex.

by Anonymousreply 332July 28, 2022 4:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333July 28, 2022 4:38 AM

^ Already posted, but that's a great interview with ALL of the cast. They are all funny. Dolly is plugging her other careers - not as smoothly as she does it now. Turns out that Sally Field is bitchier than Shirley MacLaine, ha. Who knew? Julia is makeup free - the way she liked to be.

by Anonymousreply 334July 28, 2022 4:54 AM

r332 I think Pretty Woman was released while they were filming Sleeping With The Enemy, so they quickly added that corny Runaround Sue montage.

by Anonymousreply 335July 28, 2022 4:55 AM

No way. Even Madonna or Meryl Streep are bigger stars than her. The Pretty Woman had her run at the top but now she is old news.

by Anonymousreply 336July 28, 2022 4:59 AM

r333, none of those ladies were half so good as the ladies they replaced from the original off Broadway production. No wonder Bette Davis saw that production and so desperately wanted to be in the film. I bet she saw the film and thought she'd missed a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 337July 28, 2022 5:01 AM

It really makes me happy that someone can’t handle that Sandra Bullock is way more popular now than Julia.

by Anonymousreply 338July 28, 2022 5:03 AM

Haha, R336. Meryl Streep is a well known person. And a big deal in film culture. But she will never be a movie STAR.

Julia Roberts is a⭐

by Anonymousreply 339July 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Sandy is like #2 biggest female movie star, she's definitely bitch Julia's peer in BIG lady movie stars. Sandy is still box office but Julia is who she is.

by Anonymousreply 340July 28, 2022 5:12 AM

Sandra Bullock is not a movie Star. She's someone who starred in films.

There is a BIG difference. Julia is a ⭐

by Anonymousreply 341July 28, 2022 5:16 AM

To you

by Anonymousreply 342July 28, 2022 5:17 AM

She has to be a film star because she'll never be a TV star after that embarrassing L&O performance.

by Anonymousreply 343July 28, 2022 5:19 AM

To me AND film history.⭐

by Anonymousreply 344July 28, 2022 5:19 AM

Okay Quigley, calm down.

This thread is funny because she is SO unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 345July 28, 2022 5:25 AM

Why is Santa bullock even mentioned in this thread? Stop comparing these dainty cunts. They all suck.

by Anonymousreply 346July 28, 2022 5:28 AM

Julia should have played the Joker instead of Jack Nicholson.

by Anonymousreply 347July 28, 2022 5:42 AM

R346 because the Santa Bullock gossip is super fun around the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 348July 28, 2022 5:53 AM

Julia would make a fabulous Joker in the next franchise film. Her beautiful mouth and laugh. That fantastic, fantastic gaze. She never gets to wear wild eye makeup and it would be fantastic on her. She'd bring a new form of fun dementia and menace playing THE female joker. If they pay her $25 million, she should do it! I'd love to see it. It's a great idea. She and Pattinson would be a fresh matchup.

by Anonymousreply 349July 28, 2022 5:54 AM

There hasn't been "a star" in ages.... many factors come into play for that but some would point to the problems with the award shows.

really, Meryl (and to be honest, she grates on my nerves) is the closest we have to the golden age class of "stars"

There are other figures, mostly blokes... though none of those I would mention have had a blockbuster in years, and at best have only had cameos in the last couple decades. And yes, most have more stinkers than winners. . . but managed to surpass themselves and others in a handful of roles.

Star is truly akin to the magnificence of the celestial body. . . andf often something that has long past but their light is still shining from years away.

Meryl is an actor

Julia Roberts is an actress... she can only play a woman and in most cases, only 31 flavors of pretty woman.

Sandra is a slightly better actress but she makes poor choices. . . she has a wider niche but it's still a niche. S

Angie had greater potential but she fucked up her face...

Consider the joke of Goldie Hawn in The First Wives Club... specifically where they talk about cosmetic surgery and sexism, and by then, she was already pretty damaged at that point but then goes and fucks her face up even more.

They're not natural looking. . . yes, there's a good portion of leading men that fit that category too.

honestly, that's a big reason why there's less women in this category of "star" ... they're all desperate to be a star but they fall into these same traps like many of the eldergays here. I'm 50 but my friends still think I could be cast as a high schooler on Dawnson's Creek.

But determining a star is not something one can do by looking at financial success of films alone.. many a cult film has elevated a status and some even decades after their death... the shift of the zeitgeist and it's importance is more relevant than the time it's in. Though, many would suggest it's more the threading of a needle spread throughout the ages.. in which it remains enriched and relevant, transformational in every era it exists within.

It's very difficult to judge a star in their own time period. . . when they're 80, 90.. it will be easier to look back and say this was a star.

A more extended body of work and shaped by an iconic role that no one else could have fulfilled better than they did. . . as we have so many more options now to contrast and compare.

for some, it might actually be in a shitty movie and yet their performance was superb. It's not entirely related to the film being great but the performer...

r349 she'd just sharon stone it (Catwoman)... it would end up an attempt at camp without realizing you can't force campiness. Don't you recall Mirror, Mirror. Too often they try to be like male villains that being able to grasp the essence of a villainess. Most women are afraid of looking ugly.. (it worse in music... also why we have more iconic blokes that lasted ages than lasses, so much vocal manipulation one can do with their mouth.) -- it's also why so many don't convincingly cry on film. . . crying is ugly instead they do the pretty cry which minimizes facial expression, doesn't cause your makeup to sear your eyebalsl and it looks fake, unemotional, even without the botox and fillers.

The Manchurian Candidate would be a workable one.. outside of her reach but I think people could believe her in the role...

Or maybe someone would get around to doing a prequel film to Carrie that focuses on Margaret White.

or perhaps Misery. . . the fat fraus would have a field day against her in that role, but it wouldn't require her to stretch much. . . she'd just have to commit to looking homely. Except she doesn't have it in her..

so, I suppose that leaves her with Serial Mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 28, 2022 6:16 AM

Good lord, R350. That was not worth the read.

by Anonymousreply 351July 28, 2022 6:18 AM

r351 No, probably not.

But then I'm not likely to win any literary awards here.

If you've got a problem with the length, then send an email to the DL and bitch, moan, whine, cry that they should shorten down the limits of twitter.

by Anonymousreply 352July 28, 2022 6:21 AM

What a stupid pointless post, R350. All those lies and conjecture just to say that you don't like Julia Roberts?

Terribly conceived and written too.

Julia Roberts is a Movie STAR. It's already been established.

by Anonymousreply 353July 28, 2022 6:31 AM

Julia’s America’s Sweetheart image was never of the sickeningly sweet variety, a la Meg Ryan (which is why HER real life bitchiness came to bite her in the ass). She was always the brash broad with the big laugh (and ok, heart of gold). So her real life persona wasn’t really all that different, at least on the surface. Ryan, however, was a completely different story - and she’s not even a brash bitch but a cold bitch (from what we see and have heard, anyway).

by Anonymousreply 354July 28, 2022 7:33 AM

Taking a percentage in lieu of a multimillion-dollar fee isn't new.

Jack Nicholson did it with "Batman," and made a mountain of dough.

Tom Hanks did it with "Forrest Gump" and earned likewise.

Other actors will take scale pay for an indie film they support, but you'll never see Oscar Winner Julia Roberts doing that!

by Anonymousreply 355July 28, 2022 3:56 PM

She already did that with her recent projects (pay cut). Ben is Back was very low budget.

by Anonymousreply 356July 28, 2022 5:53 PM

r353 But she's not.

She's a celebrity but not a "star"

she's a romcom queen

but not a star

she's really just a character actress... 31 one flavors of one character.

by Anonymousreply 357July 28, 2022 5:56 PM

Julia Roberts was definitely a bigger star than Bullock. But she was a star that shined for a brief moment and then exploded. Bullock was never as huge but she has had more longevity.

by Anonymousreply 358July 28, 2022 6:51 PM

I don't think SB has anything to envy JR for. She's had an exceptional Hollywood career despite being in relatively few memorable films. And she's world famous and rich as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 359July 28, 2022 7:19 PM

Sandra's performance in Speed was pretty much all critics and audience talked about when that film was released, and While You Were Sleeping officially made her the new America's Sweetheart. People tend not to think that Sandra was a "bigger star" than Julia because Julia's MANY exploits with MANY men over the years was always tabloid fodder, unlike Sandra's relationships, which include brief dalliances with Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Gosling, marrying the Nazi guy, etc. But the fact is, since 2009 or so, Sandra has had a string of worldwide box office blockbusters including her latest film with Channing Tatum, and she has even conquered streaming media with the record-breaking performance of BirdBox and the success of The Unforgiven. These are the kinds of major successes that Julia has not seen in over two decades. Sandra is certainly more relevant than Julia is these days, and has been an equal "star" ever since the one-two punch of Speed and WYWS put her on the global map - sans the tabloid relationship drama, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 28, 2022 7:39 PM

She's definitely a marker for a certain generation. I was in jr high when Pretty Woman opened. A rated R film. But everyone in my jr high had seen it. And every high schooo;, parent and grandparent. It's fucking word that a fairy tale about hooker was a mainstream part of popular culture.

by Anonymousreply 361July 29, 2022 2:46 AM

weird*

by Anonymousreply 362July 29, 2022 2:46 AM

"Pretty Woman" just showed how stupid movie audiences are. It was a huge hit and it was a stupid comedy fantasy where Cinderella was a whore. It was shit. But audiences love it, the dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 363July 29, 2022 3:00 AM

Most young girls only know Julia Roberts for Pretty Woman, Steel Magnolias and My Best Friend's Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 364July 29, 2022 3:04 AM

No fault of Roberts' but Pretty Woman probably had a small but significant negative effect on women's rights in the West. It got everything wrong about sex work except the poverty (which was still glamourized) and the likelihood of sexual assault (there's almost never a Richard Gere around to save you).

by Anonymousreply 365July 29, 2022 3:08 AM

A female Movie Star must be pretty and have LOTS of charisma. What fool compares Sandra Bullock to the gorgeous, charming, luminous Julia Roberts?

Sandra Bullock is more like SJP or Emily Blunt or Kristen Bell or Jen Aniston. Serviceable actresses. If the line is well written, they can probably deliver it. Someone's idea of pretty.

Julia was golden. And like all true Movie STARS, she remains that way.

by Anonymousreply 366July 29, 2022 3:45 AM

Julia was golden for a few years. But that was a LONG time ago.

by Anonymousreply 367July 29, 2022 3:48 AM

Bullock’s movies have made far more money than Roberts’.

by Anonymousreply 368July 29, 2022 3:49 AM

Money has very little to do with who is a Movie STAR!

Sandra could arrive to clean your hotel room tomorrow and who would be surprised?

All the plastic surgery and liposuction in the world didn't help her. She's was an average looking, low wattage actress. When she did her great dramatic turns in Capote and Crash - she was still zero impact.

Now she's a plastic surgery freakazoid. With all her bad features still on display.

Julia is not some glamor girl. She tries new things constantly. She looked like an Ansel Adams portrait in August Osage County. Fantastic performance. Stripped down. Raw.

Julia will continue to surprise & maybe even one day amaze us, again. 💟

Sandra is right to retire. She's more a professional talk show guest than an actress. Apolitical. Unsexy. Professional liar. Sexual hypocrite. Texas chick. Loves guns and Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 369July 29, 2022 4:03 AM

Praising the campfest that is A,OC is a new low, JuleBot.

by Anonymousreply 370July 29, 2022 4:05 AM

AOC is campfest only because of Meryl. Julia Roberts was fine as fuck and completely deserved supporting actress Oscar that year but got snubbed.

by Anonymousreply 371July 29, 2022 4:22 AM

Julia Roberts gave such a great performance in AOC that critics were almost afraid to say, because Meryl was SO stinking bad that she ruined the movie. Roberts is great in that film.

by Anonymousreply 372July 29, 2022 4:34 AM

A "star" that nobody likes and is unable to sell movie tickets, what a joke.

It's not the 90s anymore, JR bot

by Anonymousreply 373July 29, 2022 5:19 AM

Julia is tall, gangly and frumpy at best with smallish tits, knobby knees, big feet and stick-like, unshapely legs. Aside from the ridiculous cover/poster art that is clearly not her body (or Richard Gere's, for that matter), they also inserted a body double for certain scenes in Pretty Woman (the opening when she's lying in bed in her undies, the dress shop scene, etc.). She was a bit hefty in her pre-Pretty Woman films, but had lost weight for that movie (probably because Molly Ringwald, the original choice for the film, is equal her height but was a lot thinner than Julia at the time, and they likely wanted her to resemble Molly's body type). Sandra has tiny tits too, but she is shapely from the waist down and has a killer set of gams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 29, 2022 5:38 AM

The only reason Julia was nominated for AOC is because she was in a supporting role to Meryl Streep. She was fine, but she never would have been nominated on her own.

by Anonymousreply 375July 29, 2022 5:42 AM

Eat the fish, bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 376July 29, 2022 6:06 AM

ANCIENT white FAGS criticizing a beautiful actresses body? While comparing her work to the grotesque Merly Streep! This must be datalunge.

by Anonymousreply 377July 29, 2022 6:39 AM

"Bill Conti refers to Benjamin Bratt as her “male escort”. Were they not really dating?"

As "America's Sweetheart" Roberts couldn't be honest about fucking around with a lot of guys. It's a stupid double standard. Any hot guy actor could screw around as much as he wanted as long as he was single.

When that happens with an actress, they hook her up with a gay actor. Not all bearding is about both partners being gay.

Bratt did marry Talisa Soto eventually. Draw your own conclusions. I think they have a couple of kids.

You might remember Roberts was also linked to Matthew Perry at one point.

And her problem with Sutherland wasn't that he was cheating on her, but that he was cheating on her with male strippers and he wasn't always sober enough to remember to use condoms. Apparently Sutherland needed to get drunk to indulge his "gay" desires. Not the smartest thing to do, but unfortunately common enough.

When he was on 24, Fox had to work overtime to quash stories about Sutherland's drunken antics and yet the stories still came out. There was some contretemps at a gay bar when a day drinking Sutherland started pawing a guy who was not into it.

by Anonymousreply 378July 29, 2022 7:12 AM

[Quote] Bratt did marry Talisa Soto eventually. Draw your own conclusions. I think they have a couple of kids.

Upgrade on Benjamin's part, Talisa was gorgeous.

[Quote] When he was on 24, Fox had to work overtime to quash stories about Sutherland's drunken antics and yet the stories still came out.

I remember FPJ talked about what a dick Kiefer was during 24. I think Kiefer responded back by complimenting him lol

by Anonymousreply 379July 29, 2022 7:17 AM

Loved both M and Julia in AOC. And their nominations led to this historic moment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 29, 2022 2:39 PM

R380, what is historic about that photo? Tangential, Lupita’s brother is so terrible looking. Poor chap.

by Anonymousreply 381July 29, 2022 2:41 PM

catharsis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 29, 2022 2:45 PM

Historic enough for old Joan Collins to attempt to lamely recreate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383July 29, 2022 2:45 PM

Mystic Pizza and MBFW, are Julia’s best movies and she only shines because they are ensemble casts. On her own she’s generally a boring actress with a great mouthy smile.

by Anonymousreply 384July 29, 2022 2:55 PM

Why the Lipstick Mammies defending Julia so hard?

by Anonymousreply 385July 29, 2022 3:19 PM

Great gowns, beautiful gowns.

by Anonymousreply 386July 29, 2022 3:53 PM

Bobbie just posted another interview with Julia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 29, 2022 3:56 PM

Cringe at Lupita's brother inserting himself into that photo. What a thirsty putz.

by Anonymousreply 388July 29, 2022 4:42 PM

r387 Not rolling, not rolling, not rolling..

speaking begins

engage fake smile

by Anonymousreply 389July 29, 2022 4:59 PM

r387 "I don't know what people will think"

[quote] I think that it comes from why do people go to movies? Because they want to get lost in something, because it’s interesting, and because, let’s face it, some days are just boring. Some people’s lives are boring. Some people have whole years that are boring. You see something that seems more interesting, more exciting, and you want to be a part of that, which is why people gossip. If they had something that was equally interesting, say, about themselves, that’s what they would talk about.

by Anonymousreply 390July 29, 2022 5:01 PM

[quote] JR: I think it’s just a lack of ”love thy neighbor,” and ”don’t throw stones,”

by Anonymousreply 391July 29, 2022 5:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 29, 2022 5:06 PM

R218, that was me!

I predicted it would be a smash hit and both Sandy and Julia would get Oscars.

I stand by that sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 393July 30, 2022 1:23 AM

Julia made sure to get 12.5 for MBFW and the rest is history. 15 for Notting Hill, 18 for Runaway Bride, 20 for Erin Brockvich, 25 for Mona Lisa Smile

r249

I have never seen any of these films. I did pay for August Osage County, dark and depressive not a feel good movie. Interesting

Juliette Lewis in her little throw away role stood out.

by Anonymousreply 394July 30, 2022 2:57 AM

I think Speed was just as big as Pretty Woman. Or it felt that way in real time. Pretty Woman just came first. I was too young to remember PW, but Speed was THE movie to see that summer. 94 I think. All my friends saw it multiple times.

Sandy also did The Net before or Speed (or maybe just after?). And I remember that being a big deal for those of us in school who were just discovering the internet. It felt so timely.

by Anonymousreply 395July 30, 2022 3:31 AM

The Net was after Speed.

by Anonymousreply 396July 30, 2022 3:39 AM

If you've never seen "Mona Lisa Smile," you can now see your life's glass as half full.

by Anonymousreply 397July 30, 2022 3:42 AM

R395 sweetie Pretty Woman was completely different. It was not the same thing in any way.

by Anonymousreply 398July 30, 2022 5:33 AM

Pretty Woman opened in March of 1990. And was still playing in theaters in August.

by Anonymousreply 399July 30, 2022 5:34 AM

Like a McDonalds

by Anonymousreply 400July 30, 2022 5:40 AM

[quote]r379 Upgrade on Benjamin's part, Talisa was gorgeous.

I agree. Talisa Soto had a small role in THE MAMBO KINGS and I remember thinking, “Wowwwww, she’s really, really beautiful.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401July 30, 2022 6:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 30, 2022 6:43 AM

A Julia and Sandra collaboration would break the internet and steaming. But Julia Roberts would never do it.

by Anonymousreply 403July 31, 2022 2:46 AM

It's funny how they've never even done a red carpet photo op together. Nothing. That has to be more than just coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 404July 31, 2022 3:31 AM

Is she reluctant to play Sandra’s mother?

by Anonymousreply 405July 31, 2022 3:54 AM

R399 it was 1990. Hit Movies played in Theaters for months. And movies also took 9-12 months to be released on video. Streaming didn’t exist. So sometimes those movies would get re-released in theaters. It was nothing like it is now.

by Anonymousreply 406July 31, 2022 3:55 AM

R395 yes, Speed was a massive blockbuster in 1994. It made Sandra a household name. After that she was cast in While You Were Sleeping (a surprise box office hit) The Net (another surprise hit) and A Time To Kill (a serious drama) to show off she can do more than be cute and charming. Hope Floats was another box office hit for her.

She also had more modest hits like Forces of Nature, Practical Magic and 28 Days before Miss Congeniality, which was a surprise blockbuster.

After that things were a lot more dry for her until 2009.

by Anonymousreply 407July 31, 2022 4:03 AM

Gravity alone is bigger and better than anything Julia did. And Sandra is a likable screen presence and very charming and charismatic. Imagine Julia in that role? You wouldn’t be scared for her. You wouldn’t care if she died.

by Anonymousreply 408July 31, 2022 4:08 AM

I don’t know why you polesmokers are defending this untalented bass mouth bitch. She can only play strident whores.

by Anonymousreply 409July 31, 2022 5:01 AM

Well! R409 has [italic]stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 410July 31, 2022 5:14 AM

I never realized how strong Julia Roberts' southern accent was back in the day until watching that clip in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 411July 31, 2022 5:57 AM

R6- She’s over the hill now and resembles a

FUCKIN

Monkey 🐒- no one would put up with her now.

by Anonymousreply 412July 31, 2022 10:36 AM

A Julia & Sandra pairing will never happen because Sandra can't stand her.

Sandra adored Benjamin Bratt like a little brother and still holds a grudge to this day over how Roberts treated him.

by Anonymousreply 413July 31, 2022 1:24 PM

[quote]Julia Roberts and Steven Spielberg did not get along on the set of Hook?

OP asked as if she doesn't know we've discussed this hussy's behavior on Hook on DL for DECADES now. Gurl just say you want to have Julia Roberts shade thread lol

This was around the time that studio execs wanted her to portray Harriet Tubman 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414July 31, 2022 1:44 PM

Sure R413, while she was fucking Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 415July 31, 2022 9:37 PM

Talisa Soto was with Costas Mandylor for years before hooking up with BB

by Anonymousreply 416August 1, 2022 3:57 AM

If Julia had a baby with Costas Mandylor their progeny would be an enormous set of lips atop a baby's body

by Anonymousreply 417August 1, 2022 3:58 AM

Benjamin Bratt was the hottest out of all of her boyfriends. He definitely fits the prototype of tall, dark and handsome.

by Anonymousreply 418August 1, 2022 4:00 AM

Pretty Woman made $463,406,268 million dollars in 1990, which would be $1,050,592,002 in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 419August 1, 2022 3:48 PM

I was in Austin when they were filming "Miss Congeniality." It was set in San Antonio, but filmed in Austin, probably to avoid crew deaths.

Anyway, they showcased it on the local news, and I remember going down with my mom and her lady chums to see the production and maybe meet the stars. We didn't get there in time ourselves, but we heard from others who had.

1) William Shatner was a complete ass to people, refusing to greet any fans or sign anything for free. They talked about setting up a table and having people come back, but I doubt that ever happened.

2) Sandra Bullock was a delight. She came over and shook hands, talked to people about the movie, and signed whatever people had for free.

Maybe she's grown frosty in the intervening 20 years, but back then, Texas remembered her for being a nice girl.

by Anonymousreply 420August 1, 2022 3:57 PM

Shatner commands $120 an autograph at conventions.

I don't blame him for not signing for free.

by Anonymousreply 421August 1, 2022 5:05 PM

Benjamin Bratt dumped his longtime girlfriend for Julia. Then when Julia dumped him he came sniffing back around the store where the ex girlfriend worked (in San Francisco). Sandra has bad taste in men and should stop defending assholes.

by Anonymousreply 422August 1, 2022 5:13 PM

La Roberts to receive the Icon Award from the Academy. What say you gays?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 4, 2022 2:22 AM

Sounds like Hollywood blowing itself. Wake me up when she does something good.

by Anonymousreply 424August 4, 2022 2:36 AM

And it’s from the “museum” aka a fundraiser.

by Anonymousreply 425August 4, 2022 2:39 AM

How is a Class A super bitch not a DL icon?

by Anonymousreply 426August 4, 2022 2:40 AM

Even for Datalounge she is an unlikable cunt. No one likes a self-satisfied AND untalented person.

by Anonymousreply 427August 4, 2022 2:44 AM

Certain types of cunts are admirable in a way or funny and entertaining. She isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 428August 4, 2022 2:46 AM

I cannot deny self satisfied but untalented? Julia is not a great actor but she is a good to very good actor. And has shown growth. If only for having the ability to channel something an audience can relate to. But she can act in the right part that fits her. Even darker roles like Closer and August they have to fit her. Both play against her "type" so if she can hit the right note it will be effective. And I think it was those two times.

by Anonymousreply 429August 4, 2022 2:55 AM

R377 hello KGT!

by Anonymousreply 430August 4, 2022 3:39 AM

We all love Julia. I think I speak for everyone under 40. She's that chick and she's the pretty bitch that we grew up with. LOVE her.❤

by Anonymousreply 431August 5, 2022 2:03 AM

430 posts about Box Office LEGEND Queen Julia.

Now that is a STAR. A legend.

Julia.

by Anonymousreply 432August 5, 2022 2:14 AM

⭐JULIA⭐

by Anonymousreply 433August 5, 2022 2:18 AM

I got 600 posts faster than Robert ever will!

by Anonymousreply 434August 5, 2022 2:23 AM

My threads would clock in around 600 within a month back in the day. This little thread ain't shit!

by Anonymousreply 435August 5, 2022 2:50 AM

My record for getting 600 posts in a day still stands, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 436August 5, 2022 2:51 AM

Miss Warwick threads were all full of posts by.....the poster known as Miss Warwick. He signed as Diana Ross or Aretha or Patti or Marilyn or Gladys - but it was all the SAME poster. Whole threads full of this RACIST nutjob - talking to itself. Miss Warwick threads are banned. Studied by forensics. That evil racist misogynist OLD white man. He/She/Them clocked in with THEIR insane self indulgent meth fueled rants. ALL the scat threads scenarios were by "miss warwicke" too.

That bitch still talks to itself all day long on this site - upvoting its own posts and responding to itself from separate Dee-Vices. Sad.

Anyway - the rest of us LOVE Julia Roberts!

by Anonymousreply 437August 5, 2022 3:02 AM

Incidentally, Benjamin Bratt has to be the ABSOLUTE WORST actor in the annals of acting. Even Worst Thespian Ever Sharon Stone wouldn't work with him on account of his acting.

by Anonymousreply 438August 5, 2022 3:06 AM

Benjamin Bratt has no chin. Well he has a chin, but it's tiny. Doesn't align with his wide jaw. He WAS chinky eyed cute when young. But this dude who looks better with some facial hair and needs to eat a sandwich. Manorexic.

He was fun on Modern Family. Looks gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 5, 2022 3:16 AM

Julia and Sandra went through an entire Awards season together as dual nominees and didn't pose for a single photo together.

by Anonymousreply 440August 5, 2022 3:18 AM

Julia and Sandra are NOT friendly, I'm sure we can all agree.

The dislike is mutual.

Like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

by Anonymousreply 441August 5, 2022 3:21 AM

r437 Uh huh. So, you believe that everyone that doesn't just love Julia Roberts is a changeling, not multiple mystic creatures but just one specific changeling and this person is someone only you can see because they can be anyone, everyone, many people at once?

by Anonymousreply 442August 5, 2022 3:36 AM

Where are the pictures of pre-nosejob Benjamin Bratt? They seem to have been scrubbed from the internet.

by Anonymousreply 443August 5, 2022 3:40 AM

I've always liked Flatliners. It was just released on 4K. Good film.

by Anonymousreply 444August 5, 2022 3:41 AM

Julia did anal with most of the men in that cast during filming, r444. God bless, she was loose as a goose when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 445August 5, 2022 4:00 AM

Since when is anal bad? Julia is a Scorpio. She's up for anything as long as she's turned on by the guy. Julia Roberts never fucked nobody for a part or to elevate herself financially. She has to be into the guy and then she takes it ON! Roberts took control of her career early on and has been an incredible success. Not always in interesting films, but she has tried. Her talent and charisma and popularity are not up for debate. She's the premiere female movie star of the last 40 years. ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

The last movie star. ⭐ ❤

If there's a film STAR actress with a few third act surprises out there - it's Julia Roberts!

(Not Sandra Bullock - still trying to look fuckable at 60! She wasn't fuckable at 32 - when she first dieseled herself into a hit movie.)

WE LOVE JULIA ROBERTS! 💟

by Anonymousreply 446August 5, 2022 4:16 AM

I'm surprised that I haven't seen August Osage county I don't watch a lot of movies but most of the ones I do and that I enjoy most are ensembles with a strong female lead cast such as steel magnolias The Joy luck club or a thousand acre so I really should check it out.

by Anonymousreply 447August 5, 2022 4:18 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Julia Roberts, Juliette Lewis and the daughter who's fucking her brother are really what make AOC a worthwhile film. Julia is like an Ansel Adams portrait - this force of drying out dust who has nothing good going but not willing to go back to an even darker past. What isn't taken from her - she ends up rejecting. It's the best part of the film and Julia Roberts is great in it. Juliette Lewis as always - is oddly welcome. Meryl is TRULY terrible. Operatically terrible.

Some on Datalounge say Margo Martindale was good - but she's just as hammy and stale as Streep in the film. Same old.

Julia Roberts surprises in AOC with her bare bones look and performance.⭐

by Anonymousreply 448August 5, 2022 4:27 AM

Why does she have a galaxy of teeth? Too many teeth

by Anonymousreply 449August 5, 2022 4:28 AM

Like Audrey Hepburn, Julia was born to be a movie STAR. ⭐

All the great Movie Stars are unique looking.

by Anonymousreply 450August 5, 2022 4:31 AM

Punctuation is your friend, R447.

by Anonymousreply 451August 5, 2022 5:04 AM

Not enough wind in Oklahoma to rip the nails out of the past.....

This song reminds me of Julia Roberts in AOC. Reverse the gender of parents....Violet was as perverse as any dirty daddy.

Shatter every window.....till it's all blown away. That's what Julia Roberts did.

Every now and then someone you don't admire does something amazing. Carrie Underwood in Blown Away. Fantastic song that suits her ripping metallic voice. Zero vulnerability. Playlist forever.

Julia Roberts in August Osage County. If she didn't have to pretend to love Meryl all Award season long and sit beside her like a beautiful acolyte - Julia would have WON her second Oscar. She was amazing.⭐

Meryl should have retired and said so that year. Even Ellen had a hard time coming up with a way to praise Streep's "performance."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 5, 2022 5:04 AM

[quote]She wasn't fuckable at 32

The HELL you say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453August 5, 2022 5:05 AM

I get Benjamin Bratt and Jimmy Smits mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 454August 5, 2022 5:15 AM

What does “dieseling” into a role entail? Is that a lesbian thing?

by Anonymousreply 455August 5, 2022 5:20 AM

Most of these posts are critical of her. That is not really an achievement just the sad truth.

by Anonymousreply 456August 5, 2022 5:20 AM

Sandark Bollocks is the least fuckable RomCom star of all time. It's not just about her pig nose and big hips, stubby legs and occasional crossed eyes - she just doesn't give off any sexual energy. She can look pretty - 25 years ago -but she has never, not once - been sexy. Lesbians can be sexy. She's not one of them. Jodie Foster is sexy as hell.

Sandark had so many procedures, face lifts X 3, the wonky eye years, the "where did her big hips and fat ass go" liposuction mystery, the narrowed eyes and ponytail lifts and the big crimps and curly wigs that cover most of the scars. She's not the girl next door. She's Norma fucking Desmond with a big square head.

Julia has a tincture of botox sometimes. t i n y

She's a woman.

Not a 60 year old "girl."

Bollocks is a big disappointment as the "cool ass chick." Cuz she's a neurotic old broad with a BIG secret that most figured out long ago. Her many procedures are even more noticeable when she pretends to be "real."

Julia Robert IS real. A real movie STAR!!⭐

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457August 5, 2022 5:31 AM

R451 pronunciation is your mom and she's too busy doing the whole town.

by Anonymousreply 458August 5, 2022 5:37 AM

Julie Robert was fat with giant hips and no tits before they made her starve herself down 20 lbs lighter for Pretty Woman. Her upper lip is bigger than her lower lip, her legs are bony, her knees are knobby and her feet are big and awkward. And pity, she didn't get the pretty blue eyes like her (once) sexy brother did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459August 5, 2022 5:41 AM

DL LOVES JULIA ROBERTS!!!

by Anonymousreply 460August 5, 2022 5:46 AM

Julia, Like most of the great movie stars, didn't need cosmetic surgeries - she needed some molding and discipline, styling and a good cameraman. Regardless, she had star quality from her first film appearance at 19 years old. Her eyes were her most commented on feature, along with her smile. She had the most lovely almond shaped doe eyes. Brown with amber light. In her last year, when she was sick with cancer- Audrey Hepburn asked Julia Roberts to stand in for her at a few ceremonies for Unicef. Young Julia had a similar loveliness to Hepburn. And Audrey thought Julia's work and screen presence was exciting. She saw A Star.

Bullock was 32 and lying that she was 27 when she made SPEED. She played a winning butch character - but not a beauty. She never should have tried to become one. She's sometimes a slick bitch - but it took months of planning. Sandra is not "perky" or spontaneous. Sandra thinks she's more talented than she is, tried hard to stretch and ouchy, she's a failure to launch. That stunned expression she uses for every emotion. Now in outer space! Sandark doesn't embarrass herself too much because her range is SO small. Even when she's stretching her limits - she lets off a silent fart.

Julia tries much harder things, says fuck it - surprises herself and LAUGHS.

by Anonymousreply 461August 5, 2022 6:07 AM

Yes but I was talking about punctuation, R458, which is not the same as pronunciation.

You’re not very bright, are you?

by Anonymousreply 462August 5, 2022 6:14 AM

I love her entrance in Ocean's Eleven. The big "Sexy Movie Star™" entrance and she's CLOMPING in high heels.

by Anonymousreply 463August 5, 2022 6:21 AM

I didn't know Benjamin got a whole ass cover about moving on after Julia with Talisa 🤣

And R438 they were both in Catwoman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 5, 2022 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!