Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do Karens and fraus irritate Dataloungers so much?

I interact with difficult women sometimes at work (just as I also interact with difficult men), but they're rarely Karens or fraus. They're usually successful career women who don't obsess about Lifetime or calling our bad service or cradling handles-less coffee mugs.

I don't live in the suburbs but in a city, so i also don't interact with Karens or fraus much when I do things outside of work.

I am amazed they loom so large in other Dataloungers' brains. Do you really encounter them that much? Or is it just that the whole idea of them annoys you?

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2022 4:59 PM

I don't get it either. I feel the biggest enemies on here are the homophobic trolls who are likely neither gay nor women.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2022 8:38 PM

Because Karens and fraus are by nature annoying people?

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2022 8:41 PM

I'm not annoyed by either women or fraus, but Karens make my blood boil. They can genuinely ruin my day when they're being nasty to me for no reason. I encounter them only occasionally, but I love bitching about them online when I see video clips of them on Reddit or on DL. It's nice to get it out of the system that way because I'm pretty much powerless against them when I encounter them in real life.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2022 8:43 PM

R2 Karens yes no doubt about it. Fraus though seem well-intentioned and honestly many gays are frau-ish too. So maybe annoying but not intentionally so, you can avoid threads that are frau-infested like the BRF ones and anyone regarding true crime. Some of the most obnoxious people on this site are annoying homophobic queens like E_win and then the trolls who are obsessed with bringing up topics about trans and race-baiting.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2022 8:45 PM

Because you are irritating, you are...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2022 9:06 PM

"Why do Karens and fraus irritate Dataloungers so much?"

🙄 You got about three hours? Sit down

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2022 9:07 PM

[quote] Stupid fat ugly older woman who posts non-stop on message boards about old lady topics, such as hummus recipes and their current object of lust. This object of obsession is usually a fugly contestant on American Idol (e.g. Taylor Hicks) or some other fug and/or gay singer, who they insist is very sexy and/or straight. Also hausfraus.

This is from the Urban Dictionary. I think that answers your question OP.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2022 9:11 PM

Ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2022 9:12 PM

@r7, That's very good đź‘Ť

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Generalized anxiety of inadequacy.

Plus how dare women usurp gay male catty supercritical bitches role?

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2022 10:47 PM

The definition at R7 also applies to some on DL. Hi a!

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2022 10:48 PM

^Ed.win.a

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2022 10:49 PM

R12 Seriously, I'm starting to be convinced he is Muriel himself. He reeks havoc on this site making the same shitty threads nobody cares about, keeps bumping them. Stalks and doxxes information about people he's obsessed with. Makes threads on underaged or barely TikTokers. Makes ten threads on the Euphoria cast especially Zendaya, Shawn Mendes and Britney Spears a week. He makes homophobic or racist comments and spreads ignorance and nonsense. Verbally attacks everyone who criticizes him. He seems to have multiple accounts and it seems impossible to block him.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2022 10:55 PM

Fraus only bother me when they insist that an obviously-closeted actor has never gargled peen.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2022 2:11 AM

Because gay men aren't sexually attracted to women, their flaws and bad behavior are not charming.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2022 2:59 AM

But if you are sexually attracted to someone their flaws and bad behavior are cute? Sorry we aren't all so superficial and obsessed with sex.

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2022 3:03 AM

Men are obsessed with sex in general. Straight men tolerate a lot of women because they want to fuck them. It's not that their flaws are cute to them but it's easy to overlook if you're lustful. Gays overlook obnoxious traits in attractive men.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2022 3:10 AM

Shrill bimbos would be irritating to many gay men but straight men would enjoy their company because they're easy on the eyes. Technically gay men when they befriend women care far more about their character not how attractive they are.

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2022 3:13 AM

You don't "intimidate" us, you're an annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2022 3:18 AM

Karens irritate everybody, except for other Karens.

As for frauen, most of us are just having a bit of fun. Nothing to get your panties in a wad about. The total bitchy, bossy bottoms are the ones who REALLY despise the frau. This is because they want to be them. They covet the straight alpha husband who goes to work all day earning six to seven figures, whilst the frau stays at home watching DOOL and raising the crotch fruit. They secretly wish this was their life. That is why their hate is so strong.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2022 6:58 PM

It's because they have a fkin pussy. These old or upper age middle aged cunts hate all women unless those equivocally damaged.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2022 7:00 PM

The only people DL likes are straight W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ men who aren't demonstrably homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2022 7:02 PM

Seriously OP?

Think about who posts on Datalounge.

Older, very effeminate men who work in rainbow collar jobs.

They are often lumped in with the women at work socially and they resent the fuck out of them because they would be much better at being women than all the fraus and Karens.

Who, in addition to being really bad at being women, still manage to land straight cock on the regular, plus husbands and children!

Of course they are jealous AF and obsessed with them beyond all reason.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2022 7:08 PM

^ Frau

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2022 7:12 PM

I think a lot of the frau hate actually comes from self-loathing fraus. It's frau-on-frau.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 7:14 PM

[quote] I am amazed they loom so large in other Dataloungers' brains. Do you really encounter them that much? Or is it just that the whole idea of them annoys you?

OP, it’s stupid to suggest that only multiple encounters with many Karens would “loom large”. One nasty bitch Karen by herself is quite bad enough to appropriately prompt all the well deserved condemnation of that kind of behavior. There needs to be zero tolerance of Karens and frontline associates need to be empowered to say, “No, you stupid fucking cunt, you’re not going to speak to a manager.”

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2022 7:26 PM

There are definitely city fraus. You’re thinking only of the classic frumpy Yankee candle-buying, Edie Clurg-looking midwest cubicle frau.

There is also the Lululemon, pumpkin spice, GOOP obsessed frau, who are equally annoying. They are often successful career women but still a grind.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2022 7:33 PM

YMF, a better question might be why does DL's hate of Karens and Fraus annoy you so much? You've made endless posts on this subject.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2022 7:36 PM

Karen’s mind EVERYONE ELSE’s business at all fucking times.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2022 7:42 PM

Karens and Fraus are very different than what you describe. I deal with difficult people all day long and don't see them as Karens or Fraus.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2022 7:48 PM

I worked in corporate in NYC for almost 25 years, but it was in a STEM-related area, so I had limited interaction with "frau" types. I did work with a lot of women, but they were hard-working, professional, and as non-frau as you can get. No potlucks, little to no obesity, no live laugh love crap in their offices or cubicles. It was refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2022 7:57 PM

[quote] Why do Karens and fraus irritate Dataloungers so much?

It's a GAY site.

For gay MEN.

Not fraus, not women, not for the woes of childcare.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2022 8:04 PM

Yeah the obsessive hate seems to indicate that the “hater” is himself wedged in a midwestern cubicle next to a fat, recipe collecting woman.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2022 8:05 PM

R32 unless it’s gay male parents, a rented womb, and their sci fi sprog.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2022 8:06 PM

it's a spectrum I think, much like Autism. A little bit is quirky (santa sweaters and potlucks)-it can be amusing but the insistence that their reality IS reality (or should be) is the irritation. Much like the MAGHAT disease frauen > karen > is simply the dormant and less lethal form of a more serious illness.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote]Why do Karens and fraus irritate Dataloungers so much?

Because this is a woman hating place, you idiot!

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 8:16 PM

[quote] obsessive hate

No. Hilarious, but no.

It must look like hate when the rest of society seems to worship fraus just for having a vagina, or for the fact that a kid gnawed its way out of that twat.

Most of us who are annoyed with fraus are annoyed in a work context. And it's because they seem to have no accountability, ever, for the work they do. I've worked with women who have done somewhere between 30 and 90 minutes of work a day, interrupted by, among other things, Brayden, Caden and Jayden's 42 phone calls. Or the fact that Fraulene has to stop at literally everyone's desk in the entire company to see what they had for lunch.

Not worshiping the every breath, belch and queef of some dire, sad, fat frau does NOT equal hatred or jealousy, sorry to say.

Of course, I'm sure saying so to their faces would result in a batch of tears, because emotional manipulation is the sharpest tool in the toolbox for most women, and if they're asked to be accountable for work, or something they said, or literally ANYTHING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD, well, they'll just burst into tears and get out of even a single molecule of accountability.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 8:19 PM

Funny how everyone here moans about the fat suburban fraus but there are thread after thread with titles like " Why Did They Discontinue Little Debbies Lemon Delight Cakes?" and " Does Anyone Remember That 80s sitcom about A Career woman who suddenly adopts 10 Children. I think it starred Valerie Bertinelli? ". I made these 2 examples up but I'm not too far off.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2022 8:21 PM

The youngs today are more misogynist than prior generations — ho & bitch are synonymous with female. A Karen is simply a white woman who stands up for herself.

R32, I’ve been on DL for a long time. Most gay men grasp that homophobia & misogyny go hand-in-hand. To straight men, we are all cocksuckers. To them, there’s nothing worse.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2022 8:22 PM

R39, I agree with your latter point. To the first paragraph, HO please.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2022 8:24 PM

I love when people come to a forum and try to deconstruct favorite topics of conversation.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2022 8:26 PM

Fraus.

Think of the kind of tropes developed in the late 1990s/early 2000s in connection to office culture among women and the cliques they built, especially as shared on the internet - Dilbert clippings, the Hampster Dance, cute baby animal pics and tchotchkes, mugs and small framed pictures plastered with saccharine, often religious aphorisms, and the sorts of opinions that leaned Christian conservative, inimical to gay folks. And then there's what these sorts of women did with their power or influence over their domains, tiny or large, once they got it. A sense of entitlement. A desire for control over others, which is what is so objectionable about the 'Karens.'

They somewhat resemble the sorts of frauen who helped vote Hitler into power in Germany in the 1930s. Kinder, KĂĽche, Kirche - "children, kitchen, church." A lot of them are Trumpists now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Gay men aren’t misogynistic, they just genuinely treat women like equals. They don’t have special inclination towards them that a straight man, straight woman, or lesbian would. This pisses off straight women and they brand it misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote]Gay men aren’t misogynistic, they just genuinely treat women like equals. They don’t have special inclination towards them that a straight man, straight woman, or lesbian would. This pisses off straight women and they brand it misogyny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2022 9:03 PM

[quote]R23: Think about who posts on Datalounge. Older, very effeminate men who work in rainbow collar jobs.

Sure, there's some. But there's also a really large contingent of twenty-thirty-somethings who post here in order to inculcate and magnify social antagonisms, like those between gay men and women. Most of them aren't even gay; they're paid to be here, and they hate us.

[quote]R36: Because this is a woman hating place, you idiot!

If this one isn't one of the ones of whom I spoke above, he's making common cause with them.

[quote]R37: It must look like hate when the rest of society seems to worship fraus just for having a vagina, or for the fact that a kid gnawed its way out of that twat... Not worshiping the every breath, belch and queef of some dire, sad, fat frau does NOT equal hatred or jealousy, sorry to say.

This is the voice of a misogynistic 4chan/Gamergate poster attempting to spread hatred - or someone who has spent so much time reading those kinds of forums that the posting style has infected them.

[quote]R29: Karen’s mind EVERYONE ELSE’s business at all fucking times.

Not really. They tend to focus on those they see as their social lessers.

[quote]R30: I deal with difficult people all day long and don't see them as Karens or Fraus.

Good for you. You probably couldn't stay long at your job if you did.

[quote]R38: there are thread after thread with titles like " Why Did They Discontinue Little Debbies Lemon Delight Cakes?" and " Does Anyone Remember That 80s sitcom about A Career woman who suddenly adopts 10 Children. I think it starred Valerie Bertinelli? ".

A lot of those are the paid trolls of whom I spoke, mocking us with their impressions of what gays are like. They start most of the threads here, trying to see who they can hook.

[quote]R39: A Karen is simply a white woman who stands up for herself.

Not really. They're usually standing up for what they see as their prerogatives, out of their own sense of entitlement.

[quote]R39: To straight men, we are all cocksuckers. To them, there’s nothing worse.

Correction: To a lot of straight men and women, we're all cocksuckers, and to them, there's nothing worse.

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2022 11:03 PM

R44 Truth hurst, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2022 11:05 PM

R46 you tell me. Does it hurt that the straight cock you covet would rather fuck a fat, dumpy frau than touch your stanky prolapsed bussy? Obviously it does, or else you would not be in such blatant denial that hysterical, bitchy bottoms, like yourself, hate straight women. Darling, you’re seething with jealousy and it is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2022 12:17 AM

R47 Oh, honey, I don't need to be manipulative and woo a "straight" man into bed. You must be confusing me with a desperate soul like the one in your mirror.

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2022 12:19 AM

And regarding the astute observation of emotional manipulation at R37, this is different and yet part of the same package.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote]Oh, honey, I don't need to be manipulative and woo a "straight" man into bed. You must be confusing me with a desperate soul like the one in your mirror.

I am not interested in straight men. I am quite comfortable being a gay man who loves other gay men. Unlike you. A sad delusional queen who is angry at the world because you don’t have a pussy and can’t fuck straight men. You are more pathetic than I even thought.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2022 12:26 AM

I don't want to fuck straight men, no matter how many times you say it over and over. You are a pathetic simpleton, as evidenced by your use of terms like "bussy," having a strawman argument. Get fucked with a tetanus covered dildo, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]I don't want to fuck straight men, no matter how many times you say it over and over. You are a pathetic simpleton, as evidenced by your use of terms like "bussy," having a strawman argument. Get fucked with a tetanus covered dildo, bitch.

Hahahahaha. R51 You are so triggered. If we were at Starbucks right now you would be screaming in my face demanding to see my manager.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2022 12:33 AM

Anyway.....

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2022 12:35 AM

R52 is clearly the saddest, fattest person who EVER lived.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2022 12:36 AM

I'm kind of enjoying the current battle going on between the pearl-and-Bible-clutching fraus and the thirsty-for-str8-dick elderqueens in the latest thread about DL's favorite murderous heartthrob, Chris Watts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2022 1:01 AM

R55 right? Fraus are gonna frau, but those old caftan biddies are the type who pay convict hobos for sex, then end up murdered and featured on Dateline. My bread and butter.

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2022 3:29 AM

Karens irritate everyone. Fraus are a peculiarly Datalounge obsession.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2022 3:31 AM

[quote] A Karen is simply a white woman who stands up for herself.

It’s interesting to see how a Karen sees herself. I guess it’s a given that she would lie to herself instead of honestly seeing herself as a huge fucking cunt who has earned every bit of loathing she receives.

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote] A Karen is simply a white woman who thinks she and only she should get what she wants, and will do anything she can to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2022 7:52 PM

We don’t want females, especially irritating ones!

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2022 7:55 PM

Welcome to womanhate lounge. Great place. Spew your venom here.

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2022 6:46 PM

We want equal rights but any attempt to put us on an actual equal footing where we are held responsible for our actions or decisions will be met with cries of

"WOMAN HATER!"

We will trot out a river of tears if anyone even dares to challenge any thought, idea or whim we may have!

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2022 2:11 PM

[quote] Welcome to womanhate lounge. Great place. Spew your venom here.

That doesn’t say much for the women who come come here willingly and embrace it, does it? Granted, the women on DL are clearly not normal.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2022 4:22 PM

R63 can confirm that I at least am absolutely not normal nor am I serious. A deranged unfuckable weird girl.

All the same, must say there is a lot of misogyny around these parts, usually lobbed at normal women not constantly online. It does get a bit much, and seems archaic.

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote] Society seems to worship fraus just for having a vagina, or for the fact that a kid gnawed its way out of that twat...

Pussy also secretes acidic venomous blood like that of Xenomorphs. They don't teach you that in middle-school biology, but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2022 4:40 PM

Another who doesn't get it.

Maybe the occasional tale of a Karen unhinged or "Ginny from Billing" and her ceaseless fretting over who had signed X's birthday/retirement card and who hasn't provides some mild amusement, but the number of DLers who are half a Karen away from going full postal shooting is odd.

I don't think I've run into more than a couple full on Karens or a few fussy fraus from the neighborhood beautification committee.

Where do DLers encounter these types: PTA meetings? Community bake sales? At the free samples log-jams at Costco? The holiday party decorating committee at work?

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2022 4:50 PM

R66 yes exactly! If one is constantly running into Karens in daily life, perhaps one must consider that like attracts like...

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2022 4:54 PM

I don’t think the hate is true reflection of DLrs.

Anyone can troll here.

Maybe if we let the incels spew their misogyny here it will keep them to busy to plot massacres. Like, contain them

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2022 4:57 PM

R69 heroism? And chivalry? Here of all places? A Christmas miracle...

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2022 4:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!