Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergay writes nasty letter telling mother to keep her brats quiet. Chaos ensues

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553August 13, 2022 4:45 PM

Eldergay alert! Is that a hearing aid in his ear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2022 9:41 PM

I bet that little monster walked on his lawn as well. He should have called the cops 😠

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2022 9:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2022 10:01 PM

Freelance editor? He's one of the Oh, dear trolls for sure!

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2022 10:02 PM

I love that the newcomer to the neighborhood suggests that someone who has lived there for 30 years if he doesn't want to be around kids.

It reminds me of Rock Island, a former nightclub in Denver that opened in 1985. About 10 years ago or so, the building next to it (shared wall) was converted to condos. The people who moved into the condos complained that the club was noisy, and Rock Island wound up closing.

Fuck you, fuppy assholes. You moved next door to a nightclub. What the fuck did you expect?

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2022 10:02 PM

Look at her. Gurl hasn't gotten her ticket punched in 30 years, of COURSE she's grumpy.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2022 10:09 PM

I love that her little boy looks like he's about to smack mom in the back of the head with a fishing pole in one photo. Entitled Brooklyn mommy-frau raises entitled monsters, demands world bend to her supreme hetero bullshit, what's new - these people are emboldened now with the Supreme Court imposing their lifestyles on the rest of us, they must be cut off at the knees

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2022 10:11 PM

I didn't find his letter nasty.

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2022 10:13 PM

The mistake was not to sign the letter personally. If you have a beef with your neighbors, man up and talk to them face-to-face.

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2022 10:16 PM

Dear Neighbor,

If you don't shut that kid up, I'll fuck it.

Sincerely,

A Caring Neighbor Who Loves Quiet

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2022 10:17 PM

#TeamEldergay

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2022 10:18 PM

The husband, while not attractive, is much better looking than the fat wife.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2022 10:21 PM

Daddy's a ginge!

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2022 10:22 PM

R12 wins for the most quintessential Datalounge comment of them all.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2022 10:22 PM

When the kids are outside why doesn't he just turn down his hearing aid? My mom is nearly deaf and when my dad gets too noisy she takes her hearing aids out. Problem solved

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2022 10:27 PM

Ginger toddlers also STINK. Even the Park Slope Witch won't boil and eat them.🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2022 10:27 PM

Isn't that an earplug?

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2022 10:28 PM

You know that bitch couldn't wait to post that letter on her mommy social media groups for some much needed attention. I'm glad I remember a world where not everybody was so fucking starved for attention and taught to believe they were the center of the unIverse. Fuck off dumb bitch

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2022 10:29 PM

^ regulate yourself, hun

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2022 10:30 PM

Her husband and father of her children has GAY GINGER written all over him.

And I know I’m about to sound like a bitch, but I find it fucked up that women let themselves become hogs the minute they get married and pop out a few kids.

Same goes for men.

Packing on the occasional 10-15 lbs is not uncommon due to pregnancy, stress, health issues, etc., but lose the fucking weight!

You’re living on NYC, not Wyoming, or Texas, fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2022 10:35 PM

R8 I was going to say, the letter seemed quite reasonable to me

Some parts of the USA that wouldnt have been a tactfully worded letter, it would have been tactical weapon bullets

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2022 10:37 PM

The letter writer is just bitter that the hot dad won't agree to getting sucked off.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2022 10:40 PM

#Eldergayteam

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2022 10:44 PM

#Greasefire4both

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2022 10:47 PM

#DLcatnip

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2022 10:47 PM

The letter is too long. And he didn't need to make suggestions about raising their children. It needed to be brief. It could have been done with a face to face chat and some incentive like a bottle of champagne or toy for the kids. The old crab apple sounds like he wants silence. Not possible with kids. Maybe they bratty hellions, sure. But there needs to be a compromise. It's a cowardly gesture and oversteps.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2022 10:50 PM

`The asshole couple sound like typical parents who think creating children endows them with special privileges. Why can’t they be respectful and take the kids to the park occasionally. Mommy frau is a cunt who went out of her way to make the man a target in their neighborhood, riling up all the other mommy’ fraus. . Also, how the hell does a teacher afford that swank neighborhood anyway?

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2022 10:55 PM

I know cunts like her and I hate them. Fucking entitled bitches who won't even budge. This will not end happily.

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2022 10:58 PM

I am sure he posts on DL! Hello there!

I am with you 100%.

FUCK THESE CUNTS! noisy fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2022 11:00 PM

Children should be seen, not heard. Then never seen alive again.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote] some incentive like a bottle of champagne or toy for the kids

I have found that champagne, toys and/or pool parties serve as excellent incentives.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2022 11:01 PM

Go grandpa!

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2022 11:03 PM

She's ugly, so are the kids. The daughter looks like she's going to be a porker. The dog is cute though and so is the husband.

Anyway, I'm on team eldergay! Shut those ugly kids up!

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2022 11:11 PM

This needs to be made into a movie.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2022 11:11 PM

Ugh, the Park Slope Moms Facebook group must be the most annoying fucking frautastic thing on the internet. From the responses in the article it seems like everyone has the same response: yeah, my kid's also a loud little asshole and I'm never gonna do shit about it.

Maybe somebody can post a link to this thread there, for the other side.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2022 11:13 PM

There is playing, and then there is Running Around Screaming at the Top of Your Lungs for Absolutely No Reason.

I suspect the latter is considered "playing" here.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2022 11:31 PM

When i read park slope i knew the couple would be insufferable. And here's the thing. Children are not brought up well these days.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2022 12:19 AM

[quote] 'Dear neighbors, I am an editor and writer who lives across the backyard fences from you. 'I do most of my work in my garden. In good weather, I am out here most days for many hours. On these brownstone blocks, each of us lives within 50 feet of a dozen neighbors.

He's an editor and couldn't tighten up this piss poor note? Omit the daily schedule for starters. I'm already yawning.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2022 12:28 AM

Gramps needs to hit a fucking gym as well. Or at least get breast reduction surgery for those moobs.

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2022 12:29 AM

There is NOTHING more shrill than children screaming at the top of their lungs.

He's an idiot for writing a letter. But, the family are idiots for being inconsiderate neighbors.

The rest of us are not responsible for raising your children. Be a considerate neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2022 12:33 AM

Why can’t he work indoors? Or get some headphones?

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2022 12:36 AM

My backyard joins with a person who used to have their kids screaming outside nonstop all day, and teasing my dogs through the fence. I solved the problem by going outside, and pretending to have a loud phone conversation using the most foul language, and graphic sexual scenarios I could think of. After a week straight of doing this, I don't hear the children screaming unattended any longer.

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2022 12:37 AM

Those kids really do look like screaming brats

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2022 12:38 AM

This is a hilarious kerfluffle.

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2022 12:39 AM

A hilarious kerfluffle with all parties straight out of Central Casting.

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2022 12:40 AM

OP you forgot to preface your post as “DL Catnip”

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2022 12:43 AM

My neighbours are a big family who make a lot of noise but the dad is a massive Samoan guy who would beat the shit out of me if I said anything, so I just bought a large stereo system to drown it out.

A lot of the noise they make are the owner and his relatives beating the crap out of each other. I'm hoping they will go to prison and lose the house.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2022 12:45 AM

My kids are loud, annoying brats. Dean with it.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2022 12:52 AM

LOL - the kid looks like the kid from Problem Child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2022 12:56 AM

(R36) that's exactly how I see it. My parents didn't allow us scream, hammer on metal walls and generally act like mini cyclones. Today's parents set no rules and expect the world to accept it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2022 1:01 AM

If you read the top comments under the article, most of the comments are supporting the guy and said that couple with the kids probably are loud and that they wouldn’t like all that noise either.

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2022 1:05 AM

Eldergay should invite daddy over to thrash things out.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2022 1:05 AM

The tone of that letter is a bit condescending.

That said, the fact that those parents decided to come out fighting by publicly humiliating him (and reveling in the process) instead of attempting to understand his concerns leads me to believe they are indeed self-entitled, inconsiderate assholes.

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2022 1:14 AM

The poor guy. It’s obvious what he’s dealing with in these people. Can you imagine? “It’s in the fucking Daily Mail!”

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2022 1:14 AM

He should move to Inwood which along with Washington Heights sees the most noise complaints in New York City. Friends of mine moved away in 2016. The noise was 24/7 both in their apartment building and out on the street and if you complained about the noise, they would defiantly pump up the volume. In 2020 Washington Heights and Inwood residents formed a noise violence task force to battle the noise pollution. The noise complaints included illegal fireworks, residential noise complaints, drag racing, late night residential sidewalk street parties and booming music from parked cars.

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2022 1:28 AM

It reminds me of the episode of The Middle where the character played by DL fave Patricia Heaton finally gets her lanai, and when she goes to enjoy it, the new neighborhood kids are constantly shrieking (I WANT A FULL SIZED COOKIE!)

Eventually, she starts throwing cookies over the fence to shut them up.

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2022 2:33 AM

He should not have written the letter. He should have snuck out nightly and poured a couple of gallons of gasoline over their fence into that lovely backyard they are so very fond of.

And if a match got lit, so be it.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2022 3:04 AM

R34: Prince Harry as the frazzled ginger dad.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2022 3:05 AM

Ugh. Move to White Plains or Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2022 3:14 AM

Children should be seen and not heard.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2022 3:22 AM

He should move to one of those senior communities where you have to be 55 or older. Some people become irritated by noise the older they become and since he probably never had kids. . .

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2022 3:24 AM

R61, it's not just older people who find entitled fraus and their brats annoying.

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2022 3:26 AM

[quote]Children should be seen and not heard.

I'd prefer not to see them, either.

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2022 3:26 AM

That's true R62 I didn't mean to imply that. But I do remember that when I was younger some of the older people who had adult children complained about kids playing on the street. and I wonder what their kids did when they were young? I think older people are more intolerant of it in general than younger people who have children and view it as kids having fun in the safety of their backyard.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2022 3:34 AM

I started hating the sound of crotchfruit when I was 25. Two of them and two parents lived upstairs from me on the UWS, in a studio apartment. All you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2022 3:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2022 3:50 AM

Is reporting excessive noise to the police an option

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2022 4:48 AM

That's not a nasty letter, and children do love to shriek and scream uncontrolled when they're playing. The mother could tell them to keep it down more, or try to be more respectful of their neighbors, because having children does not mean everyone else suddenly has to defer to them. Other people like to enjoy their back gardens too and it's impossible if kids are playing for long periods of time and shrieking at the top of their lungs.

I used to live a half block away from a small daycare - every time the children would go outside the noise would be unbelievable. They literally shriek and scream as LOUD as they can. And this was from some distance! Luckily I didn't spend a lot of time in the backyard during the day, but I can see how it would be infuriating for someone who likes doing that.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2022 4:59 AM

R64 Kids shouldn't play in the street if they have backyards and parks nearby to go to. I used to live in a place where the neighbors would put illegal 'watch out for children' signs in the middle of the street so you had to slow down and maneuver around it (also difficult if people parked on either side of the street, as they did sometimes). The entitlement for that sort of shit is obnoxious.

Oh, how often I fantasized about running over that sign or stealing it.

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2022 5:06 AM

I love it and I’m team Vincent. I can’t stand that fat ginger family. Gag me with their “park slope mom facebook pages” and all their bullshit support. Park Slope moms are the worst. They don’t even make eye contact as they barrel into you with their fucking prams.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2022 5:08 AM

To be fair, it's during the day, it's not like they are doing it at night

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2022 5:12 AM

or all day every day R71 and for how long does it go one and how loud are they really?

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2022 5:56 AM

Paul Lynde had the best answer to noisy children

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2022 6:00 AM

It's in New York R69 and New York is very loud and people on skateboards, motorized bikes and Citi bikes take over the street. These kids are in their own yard and are probably too young to go to the park by themselves. The old crank seems like a frustrated loner who resents people having a good time. He should live next to someone who has a dog that's left in the yard and barking all day while the owners are working or a neighbor who has loud music parties in their yard.

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2022 6:10 AM

He looks miserable in the photo and the article is right in referring to him as a killjoy.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2022 6:16 AM

This cunt's LinkedIn says that she's a personal assistant in a private household. Is that a self-important way of saying she's a stay-at-home mom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2022 6:25 AM

The letter was too subdued and gave them license to vent. He should have scared the living fuck out of the kids and parents. The ability to weaponize irrationality into fear made NYC what it is.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2022 6:28 AM

This is not a nasty letter. It is reasonable and generally polite.

He made a foolish error by not signing his name to it.

What is NASTY is listing his employers in an obvious attempt to get him fired and ruin his life. All over this.

Of course, the cunt parents posting that letter to a parents' group on Facebook is going to get a lot of hostile reaction towards the writer and support for the parents' obnoxious lifestyle. Everyone else agrees the writer was right.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2022 6:40 AM

-Please keep loud conversations with neighbors across fences to a minimum

-You may not have noticed, but quite often you are the only household within earshot making a considerable amount of noise outside

- you have compromised my enjoyment and my work on a daily basis

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2022 7:01 AM

His biggest mistake was to put the complaint in writing. He should have gone over and spoken to them. It would have been harder for them to publicly shame him. He could have told them something like "please tell your kids that screaming is reserved for the playground not the backyard". It could have been a good chance for the parents to teach their kids about consideration and living near other people without pissing them off.

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2022 7:07 AM

[quote]This cunt's LinkedIn says that she's a personal assistant in a private household. Is that a self-important way of saying she's a stay-at-home mom?

Ha! Good find. She's a maid . . . or a cleaning lady.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2022 7:18 AM

I’d lay traps for them if they were my neighbours. I hate loud children, and I hate their inconsiderate parents more.

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2022 7:22 AM

All four members of this family look absolutely unbearable. I am on the Eldergay's side.

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2022 7:24 AM

But they look heartier and happier than he does R83, and he really has no case against them unless the noise is extreme and can be heard in other people's houses not yards and it seems no one else in the neighborhood has a problem with it.

by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2022 7:31 AM

The world of heterosexual is a sick and boring life!

by Anonymousreply 85July 22, 2022 7:38 AM

First, I had no idea that Quieten was a word. lol Also, kids can be loud and rambunctious at that age, they're oblivious that they're annoying or a pain in the keister, but that's kids. The elder neighbor should just prepare for Halloween, and give those disruptive toddlers a Classic good fright and make them cry, nightmares for days, that'll teach the little snot nose, drooling rug rats not to mess the local Grump, and the parents many sleepless nights...

by Anonymousreply 86July 22, 2022 7:45 AM

Team DLer!

by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2022 7:47 AM

Mrs. Kravitz moved to Park Slope apparently

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2022 7:58 AM

Are they Irish? I’d so , move immediately .

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2022 8:08 AM

I'd do the daddy

by Anonymousreply 90July 22, 2022 8:12 AM

R89 he should move. He's been living there since he was 35 and neighborhoods especially in New York City change. and both he and the neighborhood have changed in the last 30 years. He could easily find a place outside of New York City with a ton of property, privacy and quietude.

by Anonymousreply 91July 22, 2022 8:22 AM

[quote]But they look heartier and happier than he does [R83]

Gee r84, you don't think maybe it's because the family posed for those pics, while the pic of the Eldergay was taken sniper attack style?

by Anonymousreply 92July 22, 2022 8:25 AM

I’m with grumpy Eldergay. Kids can be exceptionally noisy, and just the other day I was wondering why girls in particular need to constantly shriek and scream when they play. How this is considered newsworthy is beyond me though?! I mean, seriously, neighbour writes letter to another neighbour asking to keep kids quiet. What journalist would think, OH MY GOD, THIS BREAKING STORY IS GOING TO BE SENSATIONAL. Jesus. It is the Daily Hate Mail which makes it worse.

by Anonymousreply 93July 22, 2022 8:36 AM

No R92 I don't. He just strikes me as a miserable person. 16 years ago, in the building I lived in there was one tenant and only one who complained about everything from the noise outside to the people who didn't remove their clothes from the washers and dryers in the basement and the people across the airshaft who did not have curtains on their windows.

by Anonymousreply 94July 22, 2022 8:46 AM

Ginger dad is kinda cute. But he needs to keep his crotchfruit in line. Elder grouchy neighbor was perfectly reasonable in his request. Of course, the couple are also well within their rights to ignore his suggestions. Some noise-cancelling ear buds or headphones may be the solution. It's the same deal with loud braying brats on planes - nothing you can do besides trying your best to block out noise to your own ears.

by Anonymousreply 95July 22, 2022 8:49 AM

In other words, R94, he had a bunch of thoughtless assholes living around him who inconvenienced him because they were too lazy and selfish to think about others, but somehow he was the bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 96July 22, 2022 8:49 AM

I think you all are not taking the long view. The kids are 2 or 3 years old. In 15 years, the same Eldergay will be writing DL about his neighbor "Joel" who like to come over to bake cookies with him and have sleepovers. (Of course he will be 78 then (but looking no older than 40) ). Best not to burn bridges.....

by Anonymousreply 97July 22, 2022 8:52 AM

R96 You automatically assume they are lazy, thoughtless and selfish because he feels they are 'considerably' loud when they are in their yard. Many would say if that's the only problem he has with neighbors he should consider himself lucky.

by Anonymousreply 98July 22, 2022 9:05 AM

Legalize Abortion.

by Anonymousreply 99July 22, 2022 9:17 AM

The ginger daddy is kinda cute... ;-)

by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2022 9:22 AM

And euthanasia R99

by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2022 9:26 AM

😂😂😂😂[R10]

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2022 9:32 AM

Talking to people like that do not work

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2022 9:38 AM

I don't believe all the replies supporting the eldergay. Kids are kids. He can work inside.

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2022 12:46 PM

I'd like to know his rationale for wanting what he wants but not having the balls to sign his name or put his face to it.

Three quick observations:

1) it's a city... there's the noise of life going on all around you. You'd sooner, easier tame DL.

2) apparently almost none of you were children who played, which would, in fact, explain a lot

3) he looks exactly as I imagine one of the habituĂŠs of our theater threads, like the one presently hissing at Defcon 5 about the difference between a cast recording and a soundtrack, or the late life fat hater or perhaps the "oh, dear" troll. Sour, defensive, parchment... it's all there.

I have no doubt it's a distraction and an annoyance but it's just so waspish queen passive aggressive I have little sympathy for him but no surprise the majority does.

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2022 12:59 PM

I immediately thought of that episode of the middle R56.

Nouveau riche parents are cunts: shocker. But they ostensibly paid a lot of money to have that outdoor space and the kids are gonna use it. The sooner you relinquish control, realize the world is going to hell and fuckers like this won’t change, the better.

Sell your place, make a ton of money on it after 30 years, and move to a gorgeous small town my dear Eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2022 1:29 PM

Times have changed. My parents would have been mortified to receive a letter like that and lectured us to be more considerate.

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2022 1:56 PM

R105 Please keep loud conversations with neighbors across fences to a minimum-Karen Cusenza

by Anonymousreply 108July 22, 2022 2:50 PM

I'm going through a similar situation at my co-op.

The original elderly tenant above my next door neighbor's apartment sold her apartment last Winter. I knew immediately the apartment was sold because horrific noise started around February, not construction noise, that was brief, it's horrible running and pounding noise, this occurs every damn night between 6PM-9PM. The noise usually ends around 9PM, guess that's when the little darling(s) are put to bed.

The original owner was always so quiet, you wouldn’t know anyone lived there. I bought my apartment 28 years ago, I'm not going anywhere, I should not have to accept this noise as a new norm. These apartments are now selling for $500,000 and up, I assume these newbies think because they paid so much, they can do whatever the hell they want.

The noise isn't directly above me, but since the apartments have conjoined living room walls, it's easy to hear this noise. The co-op has strict noise rules, this family is clearly not abiding by them. The co-op is strict about pretty much everything, they fine for the slightest infraction, why not incessant noise? They fined someone $175.00 for throwing out recyclables and other items AFTER he sold his apartment! That was completely absurd. The man who sold his apartment had been here over 40 years! He never had any problems, then he gets fined on his way out? What an insult. I won't even go into how high the flip tax is for cooperators selling their apartments.

Since we have conjoined walls in the living rooms, I hear these little monsters running and making thumping sounds pretty much nightly. The noise usually starts at 6PM, it's always the same time and the same type of noises.

I’ve worked from home for years, I can't take the noise anymore, it’s extremely disruptive. I suffer from migraines and other health issues. Which is another reason I work from home. I work from a desktop in my living room, my computer is right under the noise area, I sure won’t move my computer into another room to accommodate these spoiled noisemakers. Not to mention, the cable connection and other wires are in the living room, as is my printer. I work with the largest screen Mac desktop.

I’ve never heard anything like this level of noise. Sure, some neighbors put their TVs and music loud and their dogs bark, but it’s not constant and repetitive like these daily running and thumping sounds. A dog sure doesn’t bark for THREE hours straight! I can live with a loud TV, music and dogs barking, but these thumping sounds seem like daily construction work! The building is steel and concrete. The reflected noise is very apparent.

The headache inducing running and thumping sounds like a 300 pound person running, there's also lots of chair pushing, non-stop scraping sounds. That's in addition to the running and thumping. The running also makes the lamp on that side of the room, shake!

by Anonymousreply 109July 22, 2022 2:59 PM

^hope your neighbors wear kevlar

by Anonymousreply 110July 22, 2022 3:04 PM

R109, may I ask about the co=op rules on noise? what time are you supposed to be quiet? and do they have 80% carpeting?

by Anonymousreply 111July 22, 2022 3:06 PM

I assume, at least, one of the children is autistic, which might explain the repetitive nature of this daily noise, it happens the same time every day, it's the same type of noise.

Most kids don't do the same exact things everyday, I have nieces and nephews, I've discussed this with my siblings. They agreed, there might be autism or some mental health issue involved. Not to mention, the long amount of time this repetitive noise goes on, we are talking 3 hours straight! EVERY evening, even on the weekends. I work all hours, it's dependent on my deadline times and other factors. My work is not 9AM to 5PM.

If that’s the case, if one of the kids is autistic, there will likely be a stumbling block trying get this noise alleviated. The newbie parents will use their child's illness as some sort of excuse for the incessant noise. The same mental health excuse is used for hoarders. I've heard stories where landlords fix up a hoarder's apartment, then allow the hoarder to move back in because they have an 'illness'.

I've already talked to management, I've had one of the security guards come up to hear the noise, so far nothing is being done. This is astounding, as I've never had any problems here. In all my years in the co-op, I've never complained about anything, I cannot imagine why this is not being taken seriously. Even the security guard said the noise was unbearable. His exact words, "This is as bad as loud thumping bass music!" He also recorded the sounds with his cell. He needed to verify my claims.

I spoke to someone on the board, someone I've spoken to over the years, we are cordial, but not friends, I didn't expect any special privileges. We spoke off the record, I said I might start holding back maintenance unless the management tells the self-absorbed asshole parents to get their animalistic kid(s) to stop their relentless daily noise.

I’m sure not selling my apartment, I’m not going anywhere. This is my neighborhood. I left for while, came back and bought my place. I grew up in my neighborhood, I'm staying. I'll be damned if I allow these entitled assholes to cause me to sell.

As expected, these newbies aren't even from my state, there's been an influx of moneyed spoiled smug flyovers moving into the once working and middle class neighborhood. A lot of the original tenants still live in the co-op, which is over 50 years old. I can imagine with these types moving in, things will only get worse.

Entitled spoiled flyover parents shouldn’t cause longtime residents to leave their neighborhoods. You just know that annoying smug Brooklyn couple in the article are not native New Yorkers. If they want their brats to scream all day in their yard, they should have considered buying out in the NYC suburbs, on a large plot of land as to not disturb their suburbs neighbors. Loud noisy kids are disruption no matter where they are.

I have a family with three kids in the apartment under mine, I barely hear those kids, the big difference, the parents are strict. They are professional foreigners, who don't spoil their kids. When I see this family in the lobby, their kids are always polite and well mannered.

As someone else pointed out, how the hell does a teacher afford a million dollar plus Park Slope brownstone?! With a wife who doesn't work? Guess their parents gave them the downpayment.

I forgot to add, apparently the couple under these noisemakers has been staying at their country home all Summer, however, I cannot understand why they haven't reported this horrible noise, especially as it started way before the Spring and Summer months.

by Anonymousreply 112July 22, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote]hope your neighbors wear kevlar

I don't own gun, don't give me any ideas. These creeps are not worth going to jail over.

by Anonymousreply 113July 22, 2022 3:07 PM

The fact that she shared this with the world to prove she was right in being loud, rather than considered her own behavior and just tried to be respectful of the neighbor who was aggrieved, proves she's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 114July 22, 2022 3:09 PM

Older adults are often at risk for increased vulnerability to noise pollution due to slower mental processing and sensory changes that take place in the aging process.

The elderly and those with underlying depression may be particularly vulnerable to these effects because they may lack adequate coping mechanisms.

-Pam Brandon President and founder of AGE-u-cate Training Institute

by Anonymousreply 115July 22, 2022 3:10 PM

As opposed to the sneaky, passive-aggressive letter writer who won't sign his name, R114 and meet face to face to try to negotiate a compromise.

by Anonymousreply 116July 22, 2022 3:17 PM

I recently took an AirBnB for a week in NYC, an apartment in Hell's Kitchen on a relatively quiet street in the low 50s. The owner of the apartment bragged about how quiet it would be because her apartment was in the back of the building and did not face the street. I had just gone through 2 months in another AirBnB in NYC last Fall where I was in a building that faced 9th Ave and there was construction going on all night, every night, with jackhammers so loud I had to wear earplugs (which barely helped).

Anyway, my first day in the apartment, I'm in the living room prepping for the work I came there to do and I hear kids screaming and yelling. I ignore it as best I can, but the next day, the same thing. And for hours. I look down and find that there's a shitty, Hooterville-looking tin ATG pool that a couple of brats have been splashing around in all afternoon. So much for quiet. I was only there for a week, and those were the only two days I was even in the apartment during the day, but I thought- If I had to live there, I would be having some major battles with the parents of those kids. I can't imagine who allowed permission for that pool to be put up, especially as it was clear it was only for kids (and looked like it was going to tip over any minute).

If I was the eldergay in OP's article, I would just sell my apartment, make a big profit, and buy a nice quiet farmhouse in Connecticut where the neighbors were down the road. You can get a really nice house for under $300K. And if you're a book editor, you can easily live there, work from home, and take the train in when you need to.

by Anonymousreply 117July 22, 2022 3:18 PM

HYPERACUSIS is a hearing disorder that makes it difficult to deal with everyday sounds. If you have it, certain sounds may seem unbearably loud even though people around you don't seem to notice

by Anonymousreply 118July 22, 2022 3:21 PM

But you don't understand, R117. The other people are supposed to exactly what the eldergay wants because -

by Anonymousreply 119July 22, 2022 3:22 PM

I've known a couple families who had the temerity to put signs in their yards asking neighbors to be quiet because they were sleep-deprived families with newborns. The courtesy was never repaid once those babies were screaming hyperactive children.

by Anonymousreply 120July 22, 2022 3:23 PM

Has anyone suggested that this guy needs a good old-fashioned roll in the hay?

by Anonymousreply 121July 22, 2022 3:27 PM

At his age? The only way to lighten him up is Metamucil and some Golden Girls DVDs.

by Anonymousreply 122July 22, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote]I don't believe all the replies supporting the eldergay.

I do. A lot of childless people are known to be bitter and exhausting marmosets easily triggered by the sight or mere mention of a couple just going on about their business with their kids.

It's a constant reminder of what they can (and frankly should never) have but deep down, they always wanted. This man also lives alone and is probably single because he's miserable to be around, in general.

The only childless people who seem to have healthy responses to people with kids are those who sincerely never wanted them in the first place. Those that had to "settle" for childlessness due to being undateable/unfuckable or for other reasons are just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 123July 22, 2022 3:31 PM

Some of the younger DLers are letting their hatred for anyone older and wiser than they get in the way of understanding this situation.

by Anonymousreply 124July 22, 2022 3:34 PM

I actually think the eldergay has a right to courtesy, R119, but we all know there's no such thing these days. No one thinks of anyone but themselves. I find myself going out of my way to think of others when I'm out in a public situation because it's how I was raised. My parents taught me that I am not the only person in this world and that I have to look at how my actions affect others, and that courtesy is expected. So I don't even consider it going out of my way. And it's little things, like making sure if you're the first car in a left hand turn lane to make sure you edge up past the crosswalk so as many cars behind you can make it through the intersection. Or if you live in an apartment building to watch your noise levels and not stomp around if you live above someone. To even say please and thank you. These are not difficult things to do.

I am a Gen X. And I know most of my friends growing up were raised the same way as I was. So I'm baffled as to how my generation managed to raise a bunch of thoughtless, spoiled assholes like the mommy-frau in this story. Should children be allowed to run around in their yards and make noise? Of course. But should the parents also pull their heads out of their asses and realize they and their crotchfruit are not the only beings on this planet? Fucking absolutely. All this cunt is doing is perpetuating a cycle of narcissism that her shitty little kids are going to amp up tenfold when they reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2022 3:35 PM

How's that, R124?

by Anonymousreply 126July 22, 2022 3:36 PM

[quote][R109], may I ask about the co=op rules on noise? what time are you supposed to be quiet? and do they have 80% carpeting?

I posted, the co-op has very strict rules, most of their rules are bizarre, yet most of the cooperators do abide by them.

The problems are definitely with the new younger entitled tenants. For instance, we have new elevators, the elevator walls must be covered with those large mats when you have appliance or furniture deliveries, well, most of these newbies don't even tell the office they are having large items delivered. This is a must because of insurance rules, yet these awful new residents even ignore this rule. One of the board members told me this. So why not fine these people? How man strikes before they get fined?

Years ago, I waited almost a week to have a new refrigerator delivered, this was due to all the red tape involving the stores insurance and other nonsense. Another problem, the new management seems very lax in certain areas.

Yes, we have the normal noise rules. All noise must cease by 11PM. This extremely loud running thumping noise occurs before then.

We also have the 80% carpet rule, but since so many of the newly sold apartments have beautiful new wood floors, put it by the former tenants, the newbies who know they have noisy kids, don't abide by those rules.They don't put down carpeting. Or even large area rugs.

I have wood floors, I was told when I bought the apartment, "if you don't make loud noise, you don't have to put down carpeting." In fact, during the initial meeting with the board, I was asked outright, "Do you put your TV or your music loud?" I said, "No, especially since where I lived before, I had neighbors who always blasted loud thumping music. I love music but see no sense in putting the bass up to 10." I also added, 'I assume you have rules here? I love rules. Why buy a co-op without rules?" The board at the time, laughed.

I assume most of the newbies lie to the board, then come in and do whatever the hell they want. These newbies don't even recycle properly.

Once maintenance guy almost got cut because these newbies threw glass items directly into the recycle bin. Broken glass items are supposed to be boxed and left outside of the glass/metal recycling bins. Another option is to put the broken glass into recyclable plastic containers you are discarding. These are fairly easy rules which don't seem to apply to entailed newbies.

As a gay man I never had children. When my nieces and nephews visit with my siblings, the kids sure aren't running like mental cases. They watch TV, we all play board games, they are not disruptive children, they weren't raised to be.

The older original tenants and the other tenants who moved in over the years, do abide by the rules. It's these newbie smug flyover assholes, what people used to called Yuppies, who are the main irritants here. There have always been children in the co-op, but never as annoying as the new tenants children.

Children can only get away with what their parents allow. Obviously, there is little guidance with today's parents. Most kids are spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 127July 22, 2022 3:38 PM

R123 A lot of times the bespawned view the childless with plain jealousy. Despite parents lying about how constantly rewarding it is to raise children, a lot of them would swap places with the childless any day of the week because being a parent is ongoing and relentless and you rarely get a break from it. Many new parents don't realize this because very few people tell it like it is, and therefore they are surprised when their life suddenly becomes all about their children. They thought they could have it all!

by Anonymousreply 128July 22, 2022 3:38 PM

You mean older and crankier R124 and lacking the coping skills to deal with a situation, this leads to frustration and thoughts about extreme measures to get back at the family.

by Anonymousreply 129July 22, 2022 3:39 PM

R124 Karen Cusenza didn't show wisdom and experience in the way he went about dealing with the situation.

by Anonymousreply 130July 22, 2022 3:43 PM

Get a grip R109. You had everyone's dream neighbor - an elderly spinster - who made nary a peep and now you have a family with children. They make noise from 6pm - 9pm. QUELLE HORROR!

What if your neighborhood plummeted and became a ghetto shithole with hookers and drug deals right on your corner? Or weed and screaming parties until all ungodly hours? Would you tut-tut them and ~*insist*~ they stop their behaviors because you were there first?

If you can't bear it: sell. I'm with you: manners are out the fucking door, some people are incapable of raising children (or dogs for that matter), and are spoiled feckless persons who demand immediate and swift service for every insignificant trouble that may come their way. But children exist, and noise for 3 hours during the day is not unreasonable.

Get a single family home.

by Anonymousreply 131July 22, 2022 3:44 PM

All the idiot ancient millennials with babies and toddlers want to live in "cool" neighborhoods, and would never DEIGN to live in the healthy, quiet, tree lined suburbs where their kids can run and ride bikes and scream and not bother actual urbanites. Their kids are going to end up STD ridden heroin addicts by 14.

by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2022 3:44 PM

R129 No, I mean exactly what I said.

As you get older, you don't give people as many excuses as you used to make for them when you were young. Because a lot of the excuses you make for others when you are young are at least partly for yourself, because you do the same things and don't want to admit that you are at fault, too.

You've worked through it by the time you are older and it's frustrating to watch younger people doing the same thing, usually due to the narcissism of youth. And the younger resent the older for having a lot of what they don't have (including wisdom), and thus lash out at them like they're aliens rather than what they will eventually be.

The only consolation you really have is that someday they will be older too, and then they will understand.

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2022 3:47 PM

I am the only one on my street with a huge pool. The neighborhood kids ask me if they can go swimming daily, especially on hot days like we've been having. I have no problem with them being loud and playing. Because there's a time and a place, and while the kids are having fun in the pool, I am socializing with their parents on the deck or we are in the pool as well. It sounds like these nightmare parents have no respect and just allow their kids to be the wild animals, every rational person can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2022 3:47 PM

FWIW it's worth I lived next door to a spinster for twenty years. Sadly, she moved home to take care of her ailing mother. After that, I learned how thin cement block shared walls can be. Pounding feet on the stairs, pounding music, drunken domestics, barking dog. Drives me insane.

My new neighbours are a gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 135July 22, 2022 3:47 PM

There's nothing nasty about the letter, unless you're a thin-skinned narcissist who interprets a request to think of others as an assault.

by Anonymousreply 136July 22, 2022 3:53 PM

That's exactly what they think, r136. It hits too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 137July 22, 2022 3:54 PM

FTFY.

There's nothing nasty about the letter, unless you're a thin-skinned narcissist who interprets an unsigned request with explicit instructions about how to think of others as an assault.

by Anonymousreply 138July 22, 2022 3:56 PM

[quote]If I was the eldergay in OP's article, I would just sell my apartment, make a big profit, and buy a nice quiet farmhouse in Connecticut where the neighbors were down the road. You can get a really nice house for under $300K. And if you're a book editor, you can easily live there, work from home, and take the train in when you need to.

Oh so EASY, huh? Ever think about what happens when an older person no longer drives and they live out in the boondocks? How about if they become completely incapacitated with zero help? Yet they aren't sick enough to go into a nursing home? Due to bad arthritis, my father couldn't walk anymore, but he was happy he remained downstate. he could easily get to his doctor appointments and see family members.

How can an older person, especially one who always lived in a metro area and never learned to drive, move to a suburb or 'the country? This move will not work for them. especially if they aren't partnered and live alone. I live with my partner, but I don't drive, he does.

I have a few relatives, and close friends, who are now in their mid 50s, 60s and early 70s, they all moved upstate NY about 20-25 years ago. They all worry about what will happen as they get older and might become ill. One of them doesn't even live near a hospital. They even have to travel just to get a doctor check up. I cannot imagine living in the suburbs or in 'the country'.

Another upstate friend has to take their teen to Sloan-Kettering for cancer treatments, they have to stay downstate for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 139July 22, 2022 3:56 PM

R139 He doesn't need to go to the boondocks to find a place where people don't live on top of one another in such close proximity.

by Anonymousreply 140July 22, 2022 4:03 PM

For the people shrieking about that it was an "unsigned request" like it somehow makes him as bad as she - CLEARLY he had a reason for that, as you can see from the vengeful housefrau trying to cancel him. He just revealed too many details.

by Anonymousreply 141July 22, 2022 4:05 PM

[quote] [R139] He doesn't need to go to the boondocks to find a place where people don't live on top of one another in such close proximity.

Exactly. I said Connecticut, not Antarctica. And who the fuck says he doesn't know how to drive or is alone? He's 65, not 116. The article itself said he lived with another man. You make a ton of assumptions, R139, in order to wedge in your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 142July 22, 2022 4:08 PM

“ My backyard joins with a person who used to have their kids screaming outside nonstop all day, and teasing my dogs through the fence. I solved the problem by going outside, and pretending to have a loud phone conversation using the most foul language, and graphic sexual scenarios I could think of. After a week straight of doing this, I don't hear the children screaming unattended any longer.”

[R42], this gave me the biggest laugh I’ve had in ages. Thank you!

It’s only a matter of time that these kids will rarely go outdoors choosing instead to be glued to screens.

by Anonymousreply 143July 22, 2022 4:09 PM

Yeah, she "tried to cancel him" after she got the unsigned letter. So your theory of the crime doesn't really add up.

by Anonymousreply 144July 22, 2022 4:09 PM

Who's shrieking R141? do you do you suffer from hyperacusis? see R118

by Anonymousreply 145July 22, 2022 4:10 PM

^ LOL. She suffers from reflexive Syngenesophobia and they of her, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 146July 22, 2022 4:13 PM

R144 what are you talking about? "Theory of the crime"? Yes obviously she tried to cancel him after she got his letter. What's your point? "Unsigned" is irrelevant except to some people here trying to blow it up into something that means something.

If he had signed it, it would not have gone any differently for him.

by Anonymousreply 147July 22, 2022 4:14 PM

It's cute that r145 and r146 learned new words today. They're so excited about using them! I bet they feel super smart.

by Anonymousreply 148July 22, 2022 4:16 PM

R109 'A dog sure doesn’t bark for THREE hours straight!'

You haven't been where I've been, man.

by Anonymousreply 149July 22, 2022 4:17 PM

But maybe if he hadn't written that frau letter and just spoke to his neighbors . . .R147

by Anonymousreply 150July 22, 2022 4:18 PM

Yeah, some dogs definitely DO badk for three hours straight.

by Anonymousreply 151July 22, 2022 4:18 PM

R150 I agree that would likely have been the wiser course of action, at least initially. However that has nothing to do with it being "unsigned" or not...

by Anonymousreply 152July 22, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote]Get a grip [R109]. You had everyone's dream neighbor - an elderly spinster - who made nary a peep and now you have a family with children. They make noise from 6pm - 9pm. QUELLE HORROR!

I just KNEW a troll would come in to ruin this thread.

LOTS of horrible noise, is NOT about the regular sounds of living, Got that? Are you really this dense. Then again, there is no arguing with a troll. A person who creates their own scenario when someone posted the actual situation. LOUD incessant RUNNING and THUMPING for THREE hours STRAIGHT is NOT the NORMAL sounds of people living in an apartment.

My elderly former neighbor who lived above my neighbors, NOT above me, was NOT a spinster, where the hell did I ever say that? The woman was a WIDOW and a damn nice human being. In fact, because she was in her 80s, she no longer felt safe living alone due to walking problems, she moved in with her married son in another state..

As if single people, even spinsters, don't have friends, parties or make noise?!! Single people never make any noise? Where the hell do you live? Your response is ridiculous and you know it's because you are trolling.

Yes, some people DO have noise sensitivity issues. They should never buy co-op apartment. There was a guy in the co-op who was always complaining about the bathroom vents going on and off, he told me he also couldn't take the sound of rain on the window ledges! This man barely lasted two years.

I can imagine how he would have reacted having those noisy kids over him, because he actually lived in the same exact apartment that my 'Summer house' neighbors live in, those noisy kids would have been directly over this noise sensitive man. My former neighbor would have jumped out the window! He was always complaining about mystery noises. He one once asked about "the humming noises in the hallway", I told him, "Your apartment door is right near the hallway vent, of course, you'd hear that noise, but it's not exactly loud."

Loud incessant noise can indeed churn a person's insides. Loud non-stop noise is not normal.

I remember seeing an indie film called "Noise", IIRC, the neighbor dealing with the noise either killed the noisemaker or committed suicide. Neither is a valid answer.

by Anonymousreply 153July 22, 2022 4:20 PM

It's snivelly and cowardly not to sign the letter. If he feels he's got a legitimate issue he should put it like a grown up with the courage of his convictions.

The recipient discussed it on social, just like we are now.

by Anonymousreply 154July 22, 2022 4:24 PM

I remember in the 80s and 90s in New York how many people and understandably so complained about the sound of car alarms that would go off at all times of the day and night.

by Anonymousreply 155July 22, 2022 4:25 PM

Oh yeah, I took a baseball bat to a car whose alarm was going off for hours in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 156July 22, 2022 4:26 PM

This is NYC. There is construction everywhere. My friend lives across the street where the whole building was being renovated and they have the work permit which allows them to start working at 7am.

It's been.n over a year and they are still working! The demolition trucks come everyday to take away trash and they make so much noise. She also lives next to a church and she can hear singing when they have service. On the weekends, the kids go to the church and they scream their head off playing on the side walk

by Anonymousreply 157July 22, 2022 4:29 PM

R154 oh please, spare us the "she just discussed it on social media the way we are" strawman. She was trying to get him cancelled. She did more than just discuss it. And it ended up as a Daily Mail piece.

Signing the letter or not is irrelevant. She sought out his details and posted them. She would have done the same had he signed it, it would have taken her less time.

I hope he starts calling in noise complaints on her now, to the police.

by Anonymousreply 158July 22, 2022 4:29 PM

If she was, he got the ball rolling. Spare us the defending him at all costs. He got burned by his own cowardice. He's probably you, given your investment.

by Anonymousreply 159July 22, 2022 4:30 PM

Loud noise can and does drive people nuts. I cannot comprehend why some in this thread don't seem to comprehend this and, in many cases, it has little to do with 'the elderly' versus the young.

Noise is noise, it doesn't matter whocreates it and how old the noisy people are.

A former work colleague, who lived in brownstone Brooklyn, told me a story about two arguing brownstone neighbors. One guy was always having loud noisy parties, he was living in an elderly aunt's brownstone, he didn't even pay his aunt rent. His neighbor was a retired detective, this man bought the brownstone during the Bklyn crack epidemic.

After years of enduring this guy's loud parties and pleading with the guy to lower the late night music, the retired detective couldn't take the noise anymore, he went inside his brownstone, got his gun and shot his neighbor. The party guy died. The former detective is now in jail.

Noise is THAT bad! It can sure drive people over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 160July 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Just what NYPD needs these days, noise complaints. What a great hope to have.

by Anonymousreply 161July 22, 2022 4:34 PM

R156 R157

There's a2007 film starring Tim Robbins titled Noise about a man who is being driven crazy by the noise in New York City and decides to take vigilante action against it

by Anonymousreply 162July 22, 2022 4:36 PM

The dad's a teacher? At what age does he think it's appropriate to start teaching kids about consideration for others?

I would love for this to backfire on him and see him get canned from his job for public assholery, like that CFO who got fired for filming himself self-righteously berating a minimum-wage Chick-Fil-A worker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 22, 2022 4:40 PM

I'm siding with the old grouchy gay guy here. While I'm going to sound like an old fart, parents today are far too indulgent of their children. When I was a kid my parents would always tell us to keep it down if we were being too loud or even scold us with "what will the neighbors think."

by Anonymousreply 164July 22, 2022 4:40 PM

R160 the noise the Park Slope Princess is complaining about is nothing like what you described. See my post at R55

by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2022 4:41 PM

Park Slope Dowager, I should think....

by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2022 4:45 PM

[quote]He's probably you, given your investment

By your own logic that means you are the housefrau.

by Anonymousreply 167July 22, 2022 4:50 PM

No, R167, I'm just able to reason something through based on facts and fairness. Yet more you don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 168July 22, 2022 4:52 PM

Yes, sure you are, r168. You're just chock FULL of "reason".

by Anonymousreply 169July 22, 2022 4:54 PM

R169, I'm no longer indulging an old misanthrope who'd post a response like "go dilate." Which you did. You're a crap person in addition to being evidently stupid. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 170July 22, 2022 4:56 PM

Oh, R170 is a tranny lover.

#TeamR169

by Anonymousreply 171July 22, 2022 4:59 PM

From the letter, his complaint is not really with the kids but with their mother that "whoops" in response to their activity and has loud over the fence convos with neighbors. I've encountered these types of moms IRL. They have to be the center of attention wherever they go. Total energy vampires. They're loud and constantly try to catch your eye to make sure you are paying attention to them. I bet this lady knew he was outside and amped up the behavior to get a rise out of him. She is probably in hog heaven that this went viral.

by Anonymousreply 172July 22, 2022 4:59 PM

R164 you are an old fart. Each successive generation always complains about the previous one.

Like Bette Midler complaining that Madonna was too raunchy and Madonna saying that Lady Gaga was reductive

by Anonymousreply 173July 22, 2022 5:01 PM

R170 -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 22, 2022 5:02 PM

R173 social media and its use and prevalence and the ensuing stress and narcissism that has engulfed the Western world as a result is a unique phenomenon in history. Brushing off r164 with "people have always complained about the younger generation" is most assuredly reductive.

by Anonymousreply 175July 22, 2022 5:05 PM

I dont find the letter particularly offensive. But he really should have known that young women these days,especially mothers,are a fucking bag of nightmares. That being said,you live in the middle of a crowded city Gramps. You were lucky to have quiet as may years as you did. Why cant he just put on headphones and listen to music while hes working? Hell,listen to nature sounds even. I guarantee that fat cunt doubled down on her noise making after the letter. Just yesterday I was in a grocery store where this fat bitch had some screeching banshee kid in the buggy that you could hear all over the store. Ear piercing shrieks. Fat bitch just went right on shopping while that fucking brat tried to open everything within reach,grabbing at stuff on shelves,etc. Fatty would go "No,Alopecia" and the shrieking would commence. The nasty looks she got were like water off a ducks back. That is modern parenting,and the only thing you can do is avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 176July 22, 2022 5:06 PM

The "Noise" film I was referring to was from 2004, it starred Ally Sheedy, Giancarlo Esposito and Trish Goff.

Synopsis: "Joyce Chandler (Trish Goff), a young divorced woman and recovering alcoholic, moves into a Manhattan apartment that seems a bit too secluded to be true. It is: Upstairs lives Charlotte Bancroft (Ally Sheedy), a woman with a wall of obliviousness who can turn even an 'apology' into a guilt trip, Charlotte persists in making Joyce's nighttime hours a living hell. As the torture continues, Joyce starts to lose her grip on her job, her health and her sanity. It's a heck of a price to pay for having your own place."

I remember at the old IMDb forums, fans of this film really enjoyed the theme song, the composer and band replied that they were going to release the song, but nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 177July 22, 2022 5:07 PM

"That's what you get for WANTING YOUR OWN PLACE. You're contributing to the fall of SOCIETY. You should be ashamed. You should be PUNISHED. I'm just the person to do it. And that's why I'm NEVER going to stop. NEVER."

by Anonymousreply 178July 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Does anyone really think that him signing his letter would have altered mommy’s reaction one iota? She would have still gone to her frau Facebook club and and still played the victim and still tried to get the guy canceled and made the pariah of the neighborhood. It’s not like his signature would have made her consider for one second that maybe he had a valid point.

by Anonymousreply 179July 22, 2022 5:18 PM

R175

from 9 Signs That You're Turning Into Your Parents

#3"Young people these days . . ."

by Anonymousreply 180July 22, 2022 5:20 PM

R179- You should also mention the fact that she's not only a FRAU she's a KAREN.

by Anonymousreply 181July 22, 2022 5:23 PM

I'd totally fuck the husband.

by Anonymousreply 182July 22, 2022 5:26 PM

I was raised in an era where parents who allowed their children to run around and be screaming brats were considered white trash. It was shameful.

by Anonymousreply 183July 22, 2022 5:28 PM

and so would Vincent if only he could R182

by Anonymousreply 184July 22, 2022 5:30 PM

The authors of anonymous letters may feel able to say anything in the content of their letter which tends to make the authors overconfident as well as highly critical-from How to Cope with Receiving Anonymous Letters

by Anonymousreply 185July 22, 2022 5:32 PM

R183 Why can't they be like we were/ perfect in every way/ what's the matter with kids today?

by Anonymousreply 186July 22, 2022 5:58 PM

R109 I pray that your job has nothing to do with writing or editing of texts. Be concise and don't repeat information.

by Anonymousreply 187July 22, 2022 6:12 PM

Considering how many DLers whine incessantly about their terrible Crawfordian parents and their generally gawdawful I-packed-my-tap-shoes-moved-to-New-York-and-never-looked-back families, this pining for the good old days of mind your manners parenting is a great mystery to me.

by Anonymousreply 188July 22, 2022 6:22 PM

R188 to that sentiment I would add that so many people here seem angry that people have children and talk about crotch fruit which is after all what we all are. Sounds like they don't like themselves or their parents

by Anonymousreply 189July 22, 2022 6:28 PM

Team Grumpy!

by Anonymousreply 190July 22, 2022 6:29 PM

I despise arrogant, entitled breeders for this reason, and have had the same problem. There's nothing you can do however, there is no recourse. Outside of a noise complaint which will not be heeded by the authorities (and noise complaints are governed by the city bylaw office, not the cops). No one is going to anything about shrieking ginger crotchfruit.

He's living in the wrong neighborhood and should move. Given the lot sizes and accompanying backyard space, there will always be a rash of breeders cycling through these types of neighborhoods at any given time.

by Anonymousreply 191July 22, 2022 6:34 PM

You seem nice.

by Anonymousreply 192July 22, 2022 6:35 PM

Oh do fuck off frau @192.

by Anonymousreply 193July 22, 2022 6:41 PM

When I looked at the Mail comments section, the comments were surprisingly sympathetic to the would-be DLer.

by Anonymousreply 194July 22, 2022 6:45 PM

Given that DL is made-up of older gay men, does that really surprise you R194?

by Anonymousreply 195July 22, 2022 6:48 PM

I’d do Mr. Grumpy.

by Anonymousreply 196July 22, 2022 6:55 PM

The twee pigtail braids and panama hat should be all the evidence anyone needs to know this frau is a handful.

by Anonymousreply 197July 22, 2022 7:02 PM

No, R191, you really do. xo

by Anonymousreply 198July 22, 2022 7:06 PM

And I'm sure there are a lot of people in their 70s and 80s who feel the same way R196 after all generic Viagra don't cost

by Anonymousreply 199July 22, 2022 7:26 PM

Think about the pillow talk: I hate kids, but I still remember Streisand in Funny Girl.

Tom Bianchi refused to take a polaroid of me in 1982!

Are those your dentures or mine?

by Anonymousreply 200July 22, 2022 7:28 PM

It sounds as if this guy wants a monastic retreat in his backyard, and he needs to get used to the fact that he cannot control every outdoor noise. He would have a point, if the people were creating a ruckus after a certain hour at night, but how much noise do little kids make?

To me, the sounds of kids playing are some of the joys of life. About twenty years ago, a beloved aunt by marriage passed away. At the burial service, there was a border of trees near her grave. As the priest was saying prayers, a chorus of laughter and like sounds from children playing came through the trees. Evidently, there was a school or nursery just past the trees. My aunt loved children, and I though how appropriate that she lay buried in a spot where children's laughter and joyful sounds would be heard.

What a crumudgeon this guy is. I hope I will never become one.

by Anonymousreply 201July 22, 2022 7:28 PM

they are doing a segment tonight on NY1 about excessive noise in NYC!

by Anonymousreply 202July 22, 2022 7:30 PM

So basically, the old doll is yelling: Hey you kids! Get off your lawn!!

by Anonymousreply 203July 22, 2022 7:31 PM

Somehow, I doubt they'll devote any time to the noise of children playing in their own backyard R202

by Anonymousreply 204July 22, 2022 7:31 PM

Your Co-op rules aren't that strict. The one I used to live in, you had to be quiet after 10pm. I eventually moved coz the cunt downstairs was doing bathroom work without the proper permits and I reported him. the report is supposed to be secret, I don't know how he found out it was me but after that, he was complaining non-stop about my "army boots" stomping at all hours of the night etc. and other various complaints.

the whole apt was covered in rugs and carpets. Eventually, I just moved. the guy was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 205July 22, 2022 7:33 PM

People seem to have extraordinary expectations of peace and quiet in an urban setting and the sound muffling qualities of carpeting in old buildings. I never knew New Yorkers to be such... optimists. Complainers, yes. But perhaps the reality one inspires the incessant other.

by Anonymousreply 206July 22, 2022 7:38 PM

NYC No country for old men

by Anonymousreply 207July 22, 2022 7:42 PM

R204 a friend of mine lives on 6th Street in the East Village and one of the complaints that he and his neighbors have is the noise from those outdoor dining sheds on the street with people drinking and whooping it up well into the night.

by Anonymousreply 208July 22, 2022 7:45 PM

[quote] "No,Alopecia" and the shrieking would commence.

Thanks, R176. Pissed myself, I laughed so hard at that name!

by Anonymousreply 209July 22, 2022 7:55 PM

I knew the minute I saw this article that data lounge would go crazy for it. I was crestfallen to see someone had already posted it. Anyway, the letter should have been shorter but I don't think it was that nasty. Just sort of bitchy. Nothing that would justify leaking this guys name to the media. I mean it's not like he wrote anything obscene. Anyone who has been in proximity to upper middle class parents in wealthy coastal areas has seen this sort of parenting. Everything is so LOUD and ENTHUSIASTIC! Did little Oliver and Emily make a poo poo? Oh my goodness how lovely! Thank you both for showing me! You made Mommy and Daddys Day!....

by Anonymousreply 210July 22, 2022 8:44 PM

So i guess it's true, never put anything in writing.

by Anonymousreply 211July 22, 2022 8:46 PM

" I was crestfallen to see someone had already posted it."

MARY!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 212July 22, 2022 8:49 PM

Isn't what the cunt did to this guy considered doxing? I say we find out HER personal information and spread it over the interwebs - see how she likes that.

by Anonymousreply 213July 22, 2022 8:59 PM

[quote] I say we find out HER personal information and spread it over the interwebs - see how she likes that.

Given how much of a 'sharer' she is, I have a feeling she might actually like that.

by Anonymousreply 214July 22, 2022 9:06 PM

She obviously doesn't care if people know who she is, who she's married to, and what her kids and back yard look like.

I can picture her shouting out LOUD words of encouragement.

by Anonymousreply 215July 22, 2022 9:07 PM

r176 r209 This one's for Alapecia (sic):

r201 I'm so disappointed, Princey. Curmudge along with the rest of us. The best of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 22, 2022 9:36 PM

[quote][R109] I pray that your job has nothing to do with writing or editing of texts. Be concise and don't repeat information.

Dear Sweet Summer Child, it's ALL in the details. Details are extremely important. I sure needed to add all the vital details. When giving an account of certain situations and experiences, attention to the most minute details always matters.

Details, details, details and more details, Got it?

Now kindly, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 217July 22, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote]She obviously doesn't care if people know who she is, who she's married to, and what her kids and back yard look like. I can picture her shouting out LOUD words of encouragement.

Wouldn't it be great if this fat slob brownstone frau gets massive blowback for harassing an elderly gay man who is simply trying to make a living!

Is he not allowed to be in his own yard and work?

by Anonymousreply 218July 22, 2022 9:56 PM

You think somehow posting BrendadIcksonian detail makes you sympathetic, R218? Makes your case?

You sound like an old crank with unrealistic expectations. You fuck off.

This whole thread should embarrass most of you if you could appreciate how stupid and stubborn you sound.

Let's just call a spade a spade. If the eldergay in question was the one noising up his neighbourhood the imposition on the nearby couldn’t matter to you less. This is the usual reaction of the bunch of similarly petulant, sour caftaners on here who reflexively and predictably react with scorn and hissing at anything involving women, families, children, straight people and pretty much anything that reflects convention or people having a good time that doesn't involve theatre, porn, escorts or Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 219July 22, 2022 10:01 PM

Well, trolling Summer Child, the running thumping noise has started, they are right on time, it's 6:12PM, time to crank some Stones, Zeppelin and maybe some Sun Ra and some other LOUD music which is bound to cause those spoiled entitled creeps to have a fucking meltdown. Avant garde jazz just might do it!

Two can play at this game. I've had it. Watch this space.

by Anonymousreply 220July 22, 2022 10:12 PM

R219, why assume I'm an elderly "sour sour caftaner"? Anyone who complains here is an eldergay?

With bullshit like this: "This is the usual reaction of the bunch of similarly petulant, sour caftaners on here who reflexively and predictably react with scorn and hissing at anything involving women, families, children, straight people and pretty much anything that reflects convention or people having a good time that doesn't involve theatre, porn, escorts or Hillary." With such a ridiculous post as yours, you sure cannot be gay. Are you one of the bitter straight fraus now posting here?

btw, I'm not elderly. I bought my apartment while in my 20s, do the fucking math, Einstein.

You think you can easily figure out the backgrounds of people complaining about noise? Put everyone into one specific nice neat demographic box? Well, you can't. How wrong you are.

As I mentioned, I have nieces and nephews, they sure don't act like those vile animals who make daily noise. Blame the trashy parents, because children get away with as much as their parents allow.

by Anonymousreply 221July 22, 2022 10:20 PM

What I find most annoying aren’t the kids, it’s the loud parents (let’s face it, usually moms) who constantly scream out commentary on everything their child is doing. Lots are louder than their children: “good job!”, “wow, amazing!”, “yayyyyy!!!”. And then these parents wonder why their children are such yellers, and grow up expecting kudos every time they make the slightest effort?

by Anonymousreply 222July 22, 2022 10:27 PM

R218 no one said he can't be in his own backyard and work. Can't those children be in their own backyard and have fun? He has a choice if he finds the noise is distracting, he can go inside and work like so many other people do.

by Anonymousreply 223July 22, 2022 10:51 PM

R213 see R76 her information is already out there

by Anonymousreply 224July 22, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote]Your Co-op rules aren't that strict. The one I used to live in, you had to be quiet after 10pm. I eventually moved coz the cunt downstairs was doing bathroom work without the proper permits and I reported him. the report is supposed to be secret, I don't know how he found out it was me but after that, he was complaining non-stop about my "army boots" stomping at all hours of the night etc. and other various complaints. the whole apt was covered in rugs and carpets. Eventually, I just moved. the guy was an asshole.

I forgot to add the rules for renovation. My co-op is strict. They don't even do electrical repairs, well, not on the outlets we use for our air conditioners, if there's a problem with those outlets, you must have your own electrician repair them.

How did you manage to "just move" from a co-op, were you renting? It usually takes a while before someone can sell their apartment.

Most co-ops don't allow subletting, if they do, the vetting process for renting is as difficult as trying to buy an apartment. My co-op only allows 2 years of subletting, also, the renter must earn the same amount of money the co-op requires for apartment owners.

by Anonymousreply 225July 22, 2022 10:59 PM

oh yes, they do R109 and during the night, and every time someone walks by the property and all day while their owners are at work.

by Anonymousreply 226July 22, 2022 11:00 PM

Breeder entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 227July 22, 2022 11:03 PM

Do what R109? WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 228July 22, 2022 11:07 PM

Meant R226, what are you referring to re R109's post?

Who does what? People make noise anytime, that's a given. Most people don't abide by any rules. They love being obstinate.

Ever stand on a corner waiting to cross the street and some asshole's ridiculous car sound system is more suited to a club than a car? The music coming from the car is so loud, the street and sidewalk are literally shaking? Pleasant, isn't it? Imagine hearing that for hours on end?

by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2022 11:12 PM

Some one should start a parody Twitter or Facebook account, Entitled Flyover Moms of Park Slope.

by Anonymousreply 230July 22, 2022 11:15 PM

Some fish REALLY won't admit that children are capable of being annoying, will they?

by Anonymousreply 231July 22, 2022 11:16 PM

refuting the claim@R109 that dogs don't bark for 3 hours straight R229 I lived across the street and down the block a bit from a house where the dog was always outside in the front fenced yard and always barking.

by Anonymousreply 232July 22, 2022 11:19 PM

[R220] Have you tried getting a broom and hitting the ceiling to tell them to keep it down? 🤣

Failing that, cab security go up and tell them to keel the noise down? Or maybe go knock on the door and say "its pretty loud below can you keep it down?"

Which is what I think the old man in the story should have done. Just say, its a bit loud when I am trying to work outside can they keep it down? Didnt need a long winded pompous email. If they refuse after that go inside or get some ear plugs, headphones, play music etc.

by Anonymousreply 233July 22, 2022 11:23 PM

Oh, you're elderly, R221. You are sooooooooo elderly, though age has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 234July 22, 2022 11:24 PM

Sorry: can security go up and tell them to keep the noise down**

by Anonymousreply 235July 22, 2022 11:25 PM

R230 How I Reacted When I was Shamed For Running Over The Feet of A Childless Adult With My Stroller by Amy Anderson- Bell

It was a gorgeous autumn day in the park with my two darlings when a childless adult walking their dog had the gall to not immediately step aside for my 7 ft wide stroller. I lightly ran over their foot with the stroller and giggled and shrugged apologetically. I mean it was only about 70 lbs altogether. Surely they could see that I was a Mommy who had probably had a long day. But instead of smiling back they glared at me and muttered " jackass". I snapped a picture of them to post on Urban Mommy to warn other families about someone who was clearly a highly aggressive child hater. Later when I got back to my brownstone I remained troubled by the incident.......

by Anonymousreply 236July 22, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote]refuting the claim@[R109] that dogs don't bark for 3 hours straight [R229] I lived across the street and down the block a bit from a house where the dog was always outside in the front fenced yard and always barking.

I don't hear my neighbors dogs barking incessantly, that's my personal experience. I have two neighbors with dogs. There are only five apartments per floor in my building.

Dogs, like children, need discipline. I've never had any experience with dogs left out in someone's yard all day, which is cruel for the dog. No wonder a dog would bark all day. Why have a dog and not interact with it?

I've only ever lived in rental apartments and co-ops. One of my neighbors has a rescue dog, he barks a lot, but not for three or more hours straight. Then again, it's a medium size dog and his barking isn't as annoying as a large dog or someone with a heavy foot running back and forth, thumping and scraping a chair across the floor for hours on end.

by Anonymousreply 237July 22, 2022 11:32 PM

R148 here's another word I learned today: 'misnomer'. As in it's a misnomer to call that miserable looking frau Vincent gay!

by Anonymousreply 238July 22, 2022 11:35 PM

R96 in other words she was into everybody's business. She was miserable and miserable looking and certainly wouldn't just live and let live. And nobody else was disturbed or even bothered by the things that she was. It's like a toxic coworker who does nothing but complain all day. One former coworker I can think of would empty out the break room when he walked in because people anticipated he was going to go off on one of his rants.

by Anonymousreply 239July 22, 2022 11:42 PM

[quote][[R220]] Have you tried getting a broom and hitting the ceiling to tell them to keep it down? 🤣 Failing that, cab security go up and tell them to keel the noise down? Or maybe go knock on the door and say "its pretty loud below can you keep it down?" Which is what I think the old man in the story should have done. Just say, its a bit loud when I am trying to work outside can they keep it down? Didnt need a long winded pompous email. If they refuse after that go inside or get some ear plugs, headphones, play music etc.

I tried the broom thing, didn't work. This is assuming the lovely 'parents' are even in the same room while their little monsters are running back and forth. The running kid(s) would ignore the broom sounds.

Tonight I'm blasting music, which is annoying for me, as I'm not in the mood for music. One more hour to go.

I also find it bizarre that the kids are always making noise in the living room, in the same exact area of that room. The bedrooms here are rather large, why not run in their own bedroom, why run in the same exact area every night? This is why I think there is some sort of mental illness or autism involved, this is ritualistic repetitive behavior, it's always the same.

Most kids don't do the same exact things everyday. Most kids play with different toys, they play video games, watch TV etc. This repetitious behavior doesn't seem normal. Not to mention, why are these kids always home, do they ever go out and get some air?

I already reported the noise to management and to security. The guard recorded the noise, in fact, I had him come up on three separate occasions to prove this noise is a nightly occurrence, that it starts and ends at the same time every night.

Talking to these assholes would be futile, because I've yelled several times for them to keep it down, the noises then go louder, with more thumping! Hearing that, it seems the parents might be encouraging their kids behavior. It's easy to figure what types of people the parents are. The children are 10 and 8, the couple are young and entitled. Besides, the management states its best to report situations to them, and the security guards, rather than trying to deal with them ourselves. Things can get dicey when neighbors try to deal with situations like this without a mediator. Who knows if these assholes have a gun.

Now I just wait for some kind of professional responses from the new co-op manager. He seems like a real schmuck. If the original manager was still here, this crap would not be going on. Unfortunately, the former manager took early retirement.

by Anonymousreply 240July 22, 2022 11:53 PM

[quote]Talking to these assholes would be futile, because I've yelled several times for them to keep it down, the noises then go louder, with more thumping!

Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 241July 23, 2022 12:09 AM

I'm a weirdo because I don't mind city noises. They keep me company and I can tune them out, too. I lived on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn for years. I lived on Van Ness in SF. Kholousy in Cairo. Boulevard Saint-Germain in Paris. I have lived in some quiet city apartments too, and that's nice, but the noisy ones are just as interesting. I hear people fucking and it makes me happy they are getting some. And sad later on when it stops, I know there's a breakup. I don't mind urban odors sneaking into my windows. Cigarette smoke from a neighbor on a balcony. I find it human. I try to grow perfumed window boxes, and very late at night when the city has finally died down, I smell blue petunia and moonflower, and some teens or 20 something partiers, stragglers. Its my little Proustian reverie.

by Anonymousreply 242July 23, 2022 12:20 AM

Smell R242

by Anonymousreply 243July 23, 2022 12:21 AM

Soon all of the younger cunts in this thread will be older, and then they will kill themselves since they seem to dislike older people so much. Otherwise they will be enormous hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 244July 23, 2022 12:21 AM

These disgusting people with the running kid(s) definitely know their kids are annoying, they just don't care. But they sure will when they get their first fine from the co-op. Barely a few months living in a place and they are causes this much trouble, these are people who feel entitled and simply don't care.

Years ago, a young guy on a lower floor would not stop blasting his music, music was going on at all hours, Then when he was blasting at 2AM, things got serious. He was fined several times, yet would not stop with the super loud music, the co-op gave him one more warning, which he ignored yet again.

The co-op then forced him to sell his apartment. Which he did. I guess blasting music was more important than having a nice place to live?

by Anonymousreply 245July 23, 2022 12:22 AM

"May I remind you that this is Park Slope, not an amusement park. If your children insist on whooping it up, I suggest you move to Cony Island or the Mall of America."

by Anonymousreply 246July 23, 2022 12:29 AM

Suddenly I have a hankering for a kasha knish from the Park Slope Food Coop. Nice memories.

by Anonymousreply 247July 23, 2022 12:31 AM

R216, I'll come along!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 23, 2022 12:38 AM

I sympathize with the co-op owners complaining about their neighbors, but every post confirms the stereotype: co-ops, and especially co-op boards, are Cunt Central.

by Anonymousreply 249July 23, 2022 12:41 AM

They're often good for people who appreciate orderly society. They aren't good for people who think the rules should be for everyone else but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 250July 23, 2022 12:51 AM

{quote}I sympathize with the co-op owners complaining about their neighbors, but every post confirms the stereotype: co-ops, and especially co-op boards, are Cunt Central.

If people don't like rules, don't live in a fucking co-op, it really is that simple. It's the assholes who KNOW there are rules but for some reason think they are above them. The problems are usually always with the new residents. Especially the newbies who pay cash, rules sure don't apply to them.

My co-op isn't as crazy of the one depicted in Only Murders in the Building, but it's damn close. Wish the apartments in my co-op were as magnificent as the ones in that series.

I almost bought in the Ansonia, at the time the apartment was only $100,000, I'm glad I didn't. A friend lived there years ago, he had a bad roach problem.

by Anonymousreply 251July 23, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote]My co-op isn't as crazy of the one depicted in Only Murders in the Building, but it's damn close.

So basically, full of crazy rules and everyone should obey them. Yup, sounds like Cunt Central.

by Anonymousreply 252July 23, 2022 12:56 AM

r248 Funny Princey.

by Anonymousreply 253July 23, 2022 12:59 AM

My partner has been a college professor for 20 years. He and his colleagues concur- the kids are getting worse and worse. Spoiled, entitled, lazy.

The school ranking, their parents' income, race, intelligence- doesn't matter. If they are raised in America, they are spoiled and told they are perfect beyond reason.

by Anonymousreply 254July 23, 2022 1:00 AM

Well, but you're all like that. It doesn't take much to rile the We're #1 USA! USA! USA! Yankee Doodle in the average DLer and there's nobody here under a hundred.

by Anonymousreply 255July 23, 2022 1:07 AM

I think the consensus is that half of Millennials and all of Gen Z are already ruined and should be flushed. Hopefully Grn Alpha will work.

by Anonymousreply 256July 23, 2022 1:09 AM

They have all the resources, nutrition, information and education in the history of humanity behind them...

And no discipline. They shoot strangers when they're mad.

by Anonymousreply 257July 23, 2022 1:12 AM

Oddly, r257, that seems to be a pretty good description of Europe on the eve of World War I. You guys spent a few decades going absolutely batshit crazy killing each other by the millions for pretty much crazy ass "reasons" known as fascism, naziism, and stalinism, and just good old fashioned war lust.

I fear we may be in for that, but I hope not. Maybe we can get to some kind of peaceful wisdom, which I think most of you are (though Ukraine would disagree) without going through all that bloodletting, but I'm not confident of it.

by Anonymousreply 258July 23, 2022 1:31 AM

As someone else said, in a few years, these kids are likely going to outgrow the desire to run around shrieking outside. In the meantime, I'd tell this guy to invest in some noise-cancelling headphones and think up scenarios that are far worse than noisy kids and be thankful it's JUST a couple of screamy brats.

The loud over-the-fence conversations would bother me way more, and unfortunately, mom and the neighbors are not going to grow out of those. So, I'd keep the headphones in good working order.

by Anonymousreply 259July 23, 2022 1:47 AM

Dont like screaming kids, teens or drunk parents. The audacity of people to scream yell blare music is beyond belief. Shut them all up.

by Anonymousreply 260July 23, 2022 2:18 AM

[quote] I'm a weirdo because I don't mind city noises.... I lived on Van Ness in SF.

IMO, there's a different between the din of city noises (buses, ambulances, etc.). I lived on Powell Street in SF, which is a cable car line. It was *loud* and borderline overbearing. Plus, the cable is constantly moving and making a grinding noise. When I lived in SF, the cable cars hours of operation were way more extensive than they are now.

I also lived in another city where my apartment was near a couple of different hospitals with emergency rooms. Sirens galore. I did get used to it.

If it's one loud neighbor, it's more identifiable and irritating.

by Anonymousreply 261July 23, 2022 2:24 AM

[quote]Lots are louder than their children: “good job!”, “wow, amazing!”, “yayyyyy!!!”.

At least they're giving their children praise. Unlike the soul-destroying mental terrorism I grew up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 23, 2022 2:31 AM

don't worry OP, maybe they family will move away. I'm sure they would want bigger yard for their brats.

by Anonymousreply 263July 23, 2022 3:13 AM

r262 - That's nice. We don't care. Talk to a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 264July 23, 2022 5:42 AM

R203 Working here! Working here!

by Anonymousreply 265July 23, 2022 6:08 AM

I'd better call Kneel

by Anonymousreply 266July 23, 2022 6:48 AM

No matter how you corrected these obnoxious people, they were gonna be defensive, belligerent and self-righteous.

The atmosphere on that block must be poisonous right now. How to get past an article in tne Daily Mail? .

by Anonymousreply 267July 23, 2022 10:06 AM

How is it possible that we have 267 replies to this thread but no wisdom from Mrs. Patsy Ramsey or Mrs. Alfred Steele?

by Anonymousreply 268July 23, 2022 10:26 AM

There’s another possible approach: make friends with the assholes. It may not shut them up, but you’ll find yourself less bothered by their noise. I had a noisy neighbor who drove me nuts. Then we bonded over our mutual hatred for an even ruder asshole neighbor. Now when I hear the first neighbor’s noise, I still hate it but I don’t feel murderous.

by Anonymousreply 269July 23, 2022 10:46 AM

She's from Kentucky, so of course she's low rent and fat. How are they affording Park Slope on a teacher's salary? One of them must be a trust fund baby---probably the ginge.

by Anonymousreply 270July 23, 2022 10:53 AM

R269.... that was a component of my view. He was unlikely to get shot if he just went to the door and tried to have a constructive conversation. Or he could have soft sounded other neighbors and tried to build a consensus (or sanity checked his perspective.) But he opted to write not just his complaint but instructions on how to live to support his requirements - all without the courtesy or the conviction of identifying himself. He could even have written and described what he's experiencing and asked what can we do here? If these monster neighbors were as bad as DL has decided, he'd have had the high ground, for having tried reasonably, fairly and respectfully in good faith. Instead he's got nothing better than he started with and he's wound up in the Daily Mail. Good plan? Not so sure. Maybe he should have spray-painted BREEDERS on their front door under cover of darkness. Whoever said the atmosphere on that street is now poisonous is right... the Grinch will have united the neighborhood but not perhaps as intended.

by Anonymousreply 271July 23, 2022 12:12 PM

I’d say this calls for a knock on the breeders’ door with a box of high-priced cookies and “I’m sorry. Look, can we all start over?”

by Anonymousreply 272July 23, 2022 12:17 PM

There was nothing outrageous or unreasonable in that letter. An urban neighborhood is a mixture of shared and private space, and "quiet enjoyment" of that space is something everyone deserves. Yes, kids make noise, but as a parent you have to have the judgement and skill to regulate the noise your kids make. Imagine if there were 2 dogs barking non-stop instead of two children screaming non-stop. Nobody would argue the owner should act to correct that situation. It's entitled and rude to not take responsibility for the amount of noise you are inflicting on your neighbors.

Also, these privileged fucks sure seem to enjoy the attention and were able to make time to arrange themselves for that ingratiating photo shoot. Attention getting drama.

by Anonymousreply 273July 23, 2022 12:29 PM

OP- If this were not real life but a situation comedy 🎭

Instead of Chaos ensues it would be

HILARITY ensues

by Anonymousreply 274July 23, 2022 12:34 PM

Headphones are not a solution as you're not meant to use them for more than a certain amount of time per day.

by Anonymousreply 275July 23, 2022 12:43 PM

[quote]She's from Kentucky, so of course she's low rent and fat. How are they affording Park Slope on a teacher's salary? One of them must be a trust fund baby---probably the ginge.

Kentucky?! Just as I expected, some entitled flyover asshole trying to change things in long established New York neighborhoods. Isn't the husband Jewish, are there many Jews in Kentucky? Or is he a New Yorker and they met in college?

Why can't these flyover assholes gentrify neighborhoods in their own states? New York isn't necessarily the best place for most of these flyovers. There are many other states where they can establish new roots,, especially places that are much less costly.

Ginger boy can teach anywhere. I have a friend who makes more money as a teacher upstate NY than he made when he was living in Queens!

Over the years I worked with many flyovers who could no longer deal with NYC, they couldn't cope, couldn't deal with the high cost of living, the shoebox apartments, the noise, the dirt, this was in the 1990s. All these people went back to their home states.

by Anonymousreply 276July 23, 2022 12:55 PM

He was being too logical by going to them directly. You keep calling the cops anonymously, claiming different neighbors are complaining and let them talk to the fat frau and her gay ginge husband. She wanted to post this online. Attention seeker. How can they afford that neighborhood is my question. I do beleive kids have every right to be in their own yard and laughing and playing so I’m not on his side about that. He can work in his own home if he can’t handle kids being kids during the day. I don’t like how the parents immediately posted it without first acknowledging it and then telling the elder gay to go fuck off cause kids just being kids is not agains the law.

by Anonymousreply 277July 23, 2022 12:57 PM

R276, If the husband is Jewish, then his parents can't be too happy at his having married this ghastly "Mommy" frau.

Her IG is on private but the bio is visible. The fact that she describes herself as a "nagging wife" brings to mind a recent DL thread about people who go on about the fact that they have no filter, i.e. people who try to make their bad behavior into a cute trait rather than acknowledging it for what it is.

Also, when I googled "christina frankel instagram", the results page seemed to indicate that she was using "WHOOPS & SHOUTS" as a profile name at some point since this happened, though it just says Christina Frankel now. Taking pride in her bad behavior again, it would seem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 23, 2022 1:12 PM

These entitlement situations are not just about noise.

A few months ago, I was coming back from shopping at my local supermarket, I had a cart full of purchases. In order to get to my apartment, I must walk down a short block of private houses. In front one of the private houses, there were four people and a huge carriage. These people were blocking the middle of the sidewalk, they seemed oblivious to anyone who needed to pass. The sidewalk is somewhat narrow.

In order to get to certain stores, I walk this way regularly. I've never seen these people before, I assume they recently purchased one of the houses. Several of the home owners on this block are Hispanic, South Asian and Chinese, these people were young and white.

The four people sure knew they were blocking the way for anyone who had to pass, yet none made any attempt to move, let alone, the young haus frau with the super sized carriage, not until I said loudly, "EXCUSE ME!" They looked somewhat startled, then finally moved, I sure didn't thank the woman for moving the carriage.

The woman sneered at me and rolled her eyes. I said, "Did you just sneer and roll your eyes? YOU were blocking the sidewalk, not me. Anyone with sense and manners, who is blocking a sidewalk, would understand they are the ones who need to move when people have to pass. You are the person who needed to move!!" The mommy frau seemed gobsmacked when I told her off. Remember, it's all about them.

These are the types of entitled nasty inconsiderate people who are moving into many NYC neighborhoods. They are now all over the place like roaches.

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2022 1:12 PM

This is a "back in my day" comment, but as kids, my friends and I were not allowed to scream while playing. It was considered a boy who cried wolf kind of thing. Screams were an indicator you were being harmed. If you scream all of the time, well...That doesn't seem to be the mindset anymore.

I caught hell once for screaming because a hornet was after me. Mom didn't think that was sufficient cause to scream bloody murder. I disagreed then and still do. I know she would have done the same damn thing, lol.

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2022 2:04 PM

This story is such DL catnip. It has everything - a brittle eldergay, an entitled frau, a hot husband she doesn’t deserve and who probably needs a good blowjob, annoying children, an anonymous cunty letter… all we need is Alok Vaid-Menon as one of the neighbours, and a heated argument over a lasagna recipe.

by Anonymousreply 281July 23, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]a heated argument over a lasagna recipe

lasagn[bold]e[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 282July 23, 2022 2:22 PM

[quote] As someone else pointed out, how the hell does a teacher afford a million dollar plus Park Slope brownstone?! With a wife who doesn't work? Guess their parents gave them the downpayment.

Given the price of Park Slope brownstones and the non-working wife, I would say this is a case of a very well-endowed trust fund or a sizable inheritance.

As for the Eldergay...

I mean I get it--for years he worked in the garden and no one else was home, it was quiet and peaceful and all that and now things have changed and he is stating his boundaries. Anonymously, but he's still stating them.

But the kids have as much right to enjoy their yard as he does to enjoy his and that is the downside to urban living--there are people in close proximity who may actually be around more than you'd like them to be.

Then there's reality, the mortal enemy of many an Eldergay:

• It;s New York, not LA--I doubt the Eldergay is outside working or that the kids are out there squawking during the winter or the heat of the summer. Or on rainy days, of which there are plenty.

• Kids grow up quickly--pretty soon those toddlers will be in preschool and then kindergarten and not around most of the day.

• It's Park Slope--there will be other families with small children who move in as the older residents move out. Circle of Life and all that.

• The world changes. It can't be 1987 forever

As for the fat Mom, the letter was not all that horrible --no need to post it on a message board and make a bigger deal of it than was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 283July 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Re: Old People and Change

When I was a kid, my parents bought a beach house that had been the primary residence of an older couple who were moving to Boston to live near one of their kids. There was an old biddy around the corner who had been good friends with the wife of the couple we bought our house from.

Said old biddy was not happy with us because we changed things.

My parents put in a pool and she was all over them because she claimed it was going to fuck with the underground water tables and cause flooding in her house. (It didn't.)

My parents planted trees as a privacy screen of sorts in the back. She complained that they would eventually grow and knock down the telephone wires (they didn't.)

My brother and I would sometimes play basketball in the driveway -- did we have to bounce the ball so loudly (she lived around the corner, around two houses away from our backyard and the houses are on over an acre)

She was not anonymous either--she would knock on our door and complain very passive aggressively to my parents and never have a solution (I have distinct memories of my father asking her "so are you asking us to dig up all the trees and just throw them out?" and she was "no, I'm just worried about the telephone wires. What if my telephone goes down?"

Point being there are many old people who, as the saying goes, get set in their ways and react very negatively to change.

by Anonymousreply 284July 23, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote]My brother and I would sometimes play basketball in the driveway -- did we have to bounce the ball so loudly (she lived around the corner, around two houses away from our backyard and the houses are on over an acre)

THE most annoying aspect of suburban living.

by Anonymousreply 285July 23, 2022 3:30 PM

Oh heavens! He DIDN'T IDENTITY HIMSELF! That's as bad as the Holocaust!!!

by Anonymousreply 286July 23, 2022 3:32 PM

R285 agreed. People who install basketball hoops should be expelled from the community. They always use them at odd hours, too. Go to the fucking park!

by Anonymousreply 287July 23, 2022 3:33 PM

My advice…

Lick it up! Lick it up! Oh oh oh! Lick it up! Lick it up! Oh oh oh! 👅

by Anonymousreply 288July 23, 2022 3:34 PM

Wait... crotchety DL Eldergays live in the suburbs?

Or are you remembering your midcentury childhoods?

by Anonymousreply 289July 23, 2022 3:35 PM

R285 your life story is very interesting, but that has nothing to do with shrieking, loud children being outside all summer and yelling at the top of their lungs in a previously-quiet area, or this polite neighbor who simply requested they not be quite so loud all the time.

by Anonymousreply 290July 23, 2022 3:35 PM

^ for r284!

by Anonymousreply 291July 23, 2022 3:36 PM

R289 it's so cute watching you try to think of something witty to say. Keep at it, you'll get there!

by Anonymousreply 292July 23, 2022 3:37 PM

"He should move to one of those senior communities where you have to be 55 or older."

Doesn't help. They can't live here permanently, but the grandkids can stay here with grandma and grandpa while the kids work, vacation, go out for the evening, etc.

The pool at my complex sounds like a neo-natal unit at a hospital with all the spoiled little brats whining and crying about something.

by Anonymousreply 293July 23, 2022 3:40 PM

I’ve known my whole life that old people enjoy peace and quiet. I guess it’s their way of “transitioning” to the grave when there will be total silence. I guess they should move to over 65 yrs old retirement communities. Over 55 communities is extreme as that includes middle aged people not retirees.

by Anonymousreply 294July 23, 2022 3:45 PM

Yes only "old people" enjoy peace and quiet. It's so unusual to want that, only old people desire it.

by Anonymousreply 295July 23, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote][R262] - That's nice. We don't care. Talk to a therapist.

It was supposed to be a joke, r264.

God the people on this site are humorless and miserable as hell. It's definitely frequented by 55+. Something happens to people once they pass that age. You become insufferable, complain nonstop, and write unsigned letters demanding silence in an outdoor setting at the heart of a large, urban, area.

by Anonymousreply 296July 23, 2022 3:59 PM

r295 Only old people desire it on otherwise unreasonable terms. Like outside. During the day. In a large, city known for having...people.

Old people get more irritable as they age and are joyless. I'm personally hoping to be 6 feet under before I reach 40. I'm not interested in turning into "the problem."

by Anonymousreply 297July 23, 2022 4:02 PM

Replace "old people" with "black" or "Muslim", that is how you sound.

by Anonymousreply 298July 23, 2022 4:05 PM

Little Miss R296 seems a bit triggered

by Anonymousreply 299July 23, 2022 4:06 PM

Nah, you're just old, r299. Everything is viewed through a lens of negativity and cynicism the closer you venture to "the end."

by Anonymousreply 300July 23, 2022 4:11 PM

I love how some idiots are always crying about the "55+" being so bitter and angry... have you actually talked to a teen or 20/30-something? Most miserable fucking twats I've ever encountered.

Their misery and depression seems to be the air they breathe.

by Anonymousreply 301July 23, 2022 4:12 PM

R300 I'm not, but go off, kween

by Anonymousreply 302July 23, 2022 4:14 PM

I really don't see how R262 could have been meant as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 303July 23, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote]have you actually talked to a teen or 20/30-something

It's common knowledge that one regresses the older they get. So, the sentiment is still valid.

by Anonymousreply 304July 23, 2022 4:39 PM

Most people can't take repetitive loud noise of any kind. It's also not healthy. Noise makes ones insides churn, this is a fact.

I don't know why so many bitter younger people in this thread are taking the side of the fat Park Slope frau. I assume the people complaining about the elderly gay man in Brooklyn are young.

Why are some people here turning noise complaints into 'young' versus 'older' people. Any loud repetitive noise bothers most normal people.

Ever live near some idiot who blasts bass heavy music all day? No one can say that's actually enjoyable. One time I was visiting my mom, her idiot next door neighbor was blasting heavy bass music. I recognized the song, I told my mom, "He's listening to Sade." My mom said, "How can you tell? With that thumping bass, who can hear anyone singing!!"

by Anonymousreply 305July 23, 2022 4:42 PM

The noise of people in their backyard is not thumping bass. This character couldn't stand hearing kids playing and adults talking across their fence in an urban setting. Worth noting so far as we can tell he's the only one with the problem. But of course the straights are all in on it, right? Your reference so bitter young people and Park Slope frau betrays a bias you apparently can't see, R305. This isn't a tribal issue unless you wilfully make it one.

by Anonymousreply 306July 23, 2022 5:09 PM

i don't understand, kids are gonna be kids, they are gonna scream. I pity that poster who said that growing up he/she wasn't allowed to scream while playing outside.

most people move out of the city once the kids are toddlers, better schools in the suburbs etc. I mean, the air in this city isn't exactly clean.

by Anonymousreply 307July 23, 2022 5:26 PM

It's impossible to know whether the noise was normal or not unless we hear it ourselves. Normal kid noise bothers me but it's something I have to deal with. But some kids are out of control and need to be corrected by their parents. I don't automatically believe an old prissy man after dealing with them as a kid myself but I don't disbelieve him either because I remember peers of mine who ran wild.

The odd point that makes me believe this guy is just a prissy old asshole is his issue with adults having conversations over their fence. If that bothers you, you need to get a life and get laid.

by Anonymousreply 308July 23, 2022 6:50 PM

Karen Cusenza should think about testosterone therapy. the loss of which is common in men over 50 and can result in irritability.

-You have compromised my enjoyment and my work on a daily basis

by Anonymousreply 309July 23, 2022 6:54 PM

Upon rereading that letter, it sounds like there are loud conversations between the neighbors and the adults are whooping and shouting just as loudly as the kids...I actually now side with him. After seeing the attention seeking behavior of adults these days, I can believe that they are screaming at each other over the fence (in a boisterous way) and whooping at their kids to give them encouragement and the kids are modeling themselves after their parents. Fuck this couple.

by Anonymousreply 310July 23, 2022 7:10 PM

I told Vincent that I could get crotchety too and that I was totally on his side and he sharted in my face

by Anonymousreply 311July 23, 2022 7:30 PM

Park Slope has been a "family neighborhood" since at least the 1920s or so, probably longer. Moving there and complaining about noisy kids making normal kid noises is akin to moving to Times Square and writing a tart letter asking for the lights to be turned down, or moving to Bourbon St and sending an anonymous complaint about that "awful Dixieland jazz at all hours of the night."

Don't move to a place famous for families if you hate being around kids. That's what senior living condos are for. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 312July 23, 2022 8:45 PM

He didn't just move there, he has been living there for thirty years and hasn't had issues until now. It's not unreasonable to expect families to treat others with respect. Just because you have a backyard with a fence does not mean your shit doesn't stink and can't be smelled by everyone around you.

by Anonymousreply 313July 23, 2022 8:48 PM

For how many of the 30 years that he lived there did he work in his backyard? R313

by Anonymousreply 314July 23, 2022 9:00 PM

R313 You should ask him.

by Anonymousreply 315July 23, 2022 9:03 PM

^ r314

by Anonymousreply 316July 23, 2022 9:03 PM

R316 Like many of the things in the article and letter it's an unknowable, but I somehow doubt that since 1992 and from the age of 35 that he's been working from his home/yard.

by Anonymousreply 317July 23, 2022 9:08 PM

Good point, he shouldn't expect to enjoy his backyard unless he's worked outside for at least twenty years straight.

by Anonymousreply 318July 23, 2022 9:11 PM

Nothing lasts forever R318 there's no guarantee that things and situations won't change or that people won't change. Look at all the changes New York has gone through in the last 20 years to say nothing of just the last three years. He has to be tolerant of the fact that not everyone in the neighborhood uses their backyard as a workspace. Frankly I didn't know anyone growing up who did. And if the neighborhood has changed and he doesn't like it he can always change neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 319July 23, 2022 9:17 PM

No, R319, those people should have to move because he - because.

by Anonymousreply 320July 23, 2022 9:39 PM

What's with all the defensiveness? Some dude wrote a mildly, relatively toothless critical letter. Oh no, how dare someone criticize a mom? They must be banished! /s

by Anonymousreply 321July 23, 2022 9:52 PM

R318 my friends who lived in Hell's Kitchen since 1987 actually changed their work hours when a 2-year construction project began across the street from them on W44th. The noise started early in the morning with trucks delivering materials and then of course all of the noise from the construction went on all day. and when the project was finished the high-rise building with a Target boutique on the ground floor completely obstructed the views they had of Uptown.

by Anonymousreply 322July 23, 2022 9:52 PM

He comes across as entitled and controlling R321. He offered 'other choices' to the parents regarding what they could with their children do to make his life better by taking the children inside or on a stroll or to a playground or a park. Maybe he should use some of those other choices and go inside to do his work.

by Anonymousreply 323July 23, 2022 10:07 PM

He comes across as entitled and controlling R323 and provides the parents with 'other choices' that would make HIS life better

-take them inside

-go for a stroll

-take them to the playground or the park

Why doesn't he choose one of those options and go inside to do his work if he is bothered by the noise?

He also signed the letter "Your neighbors" apparently to make it seem that others in the neighborhood have a problem with the family even though that doesn't seem to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 324July 23, 2022 10:27 PM

She looks like a frau. The mom I mean. The straw hat and the braids.

by Anonymousreply 325July 23, 2022 10:42 PM

Yeah, he’s outside, working from home. He could just go inside.

by Anonymousreply 326July 23, 2022 10:43 PM

Yeah, r326, those kids are outside, playing. They could just go inside.

by Anonymousreply 327July 23, 2022 10:44 PM

I'd bet money he's an actual DLer. He fits the pathology.

by Anonymousreply 328July 23, 2022 10:44 PM

“ are there many Jews in Kentucky?”

Fuck you, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 329July 23, 2022 10:57 PM

This might be a case for Judge Judy

Case #101 crotch fruit vs dried fruit

by Anonymousreply 330July 23, 2022 11:13 PM

So many non-gay or self-hating gay people in this thread who identify with the frau. Sad last days!

by Anonymousreply 331July 23, 2022 11:18 PM

And so many gay people R331 who seem to hate women and children which is really sad because after all they were children once and they all have mothers

by Anonymousreply 332July 23, 2022 11:28 PM

R332 yes, disliking this frau who tried to cancel and get a man fired because he dared ask her to be a little quieter when she's in the backyard with her children is EXACTLY the same as "hating women and children".

You're basically saying that women have no agency or self-control and therefore it's offensive to ask them to be less noisy and to keep their children a bit quieter when they are outside. Talk about misogyny!

by Anonymousreply 333July 23, 2022 11:31 PM

^ Hate them reflexively. Not a lick of thought to it. Narrow, prejudiced, basically bigoted. I know who they remind me of.

by Anonymousreply 334July 23, 2022 11:56 PM

Go dilate, hon.

by Anonymousreply 335July 24, 2022 12:01 AM

R33 But who defined what appropriate noise levels are especially in the afternoon?

It doesn't seem that anyone else in the neighborhood except Vincent thinks the noise is excessive because it bothers him when he's trying to work in his yard.

And why did so many here just assume that he was in the right and the family was wrong without having any information about the reality of the situation except what he provided?

Any many of the comments here were not just directed to this family but to women, children and heterosexuals in general. i.e. monsters, piggish, fat, frau, porker, crotch fruit, entitled cunts, fat bitches, Park Slope moms are the worst, fat ginger family, this family looks absolutely unbearable, drooling rug rats, people like that . . .

and what about some of the threads regarding monkey pox? Some make it sound like gays don't have any self-control even when it comes to spreading or getting a painful condition.

by Anonymousreply 336July 24, 2022 12:07 AM

[quote]And why did so many here just assume that he was in the right and the family was wrong without having any information about the reality of the situation except what he provided?

R336 the entire long Daily Mail piece in the OP that gives the woman's side of the story, as well as his. I'm guessing you didn't bother to read it before attacking in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 337July 24, 2022 12:11 AM

They talk about people like maggats talk about gays.

by Anonymousreply 338July 24, 2022 12:18 AM

I did read the article R337and how does it prove that Vincent's assessment of the noise level is accurate since there were no other complaints against the family mentioned nor how noise levels are assessed? It would be an individual thing I would think based on one's tolerance.

by Anonymousreply 339July 24, 2022 12:19 AM

Because, R339, the pig mouthed breeders are all in it.

by Anonymousreply 340July 24, 2022 12:20 AM

R339 you just accused all of us in this thread who took the man's side of basing our opinion off just his side of the story and not having any information on the woman's side, when the very article we were responding to talks to both neighbors and gets direct quotes from each of them, as well as presenting lots of details from both perspectives.

It's okay to apologize and admit you were wrong. We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 341July 24, 2022 12:22 AM

R341 The only one talking about the noise being excessive was Vincent and that is arguably his opinion and his opinion only despite his using the plural 'we' and 'neighbors' in his letter. That was the one side I heard no one else. And R341 are you Vincent I notice a similar tone and the use of plurals 'we'll' and 'us' and a demand for an apology. And did anyone else in the article indicate that the noise the family made was too loud?

by Anonymousreply 342July 24, 2022 12:33 AM

R342 So you didn't read the article. Why do you keep saying you did when you clearly didn't? It's right there, you should go read it. You might be less inclined to make such silly comments.

And now you're trying to deflect by using ad hominem attacks.

by Anonymousreply 343July 24, 2022 12:36 AM

R343, I asked if anyone else in the article said the noise from this family's yard was too loud? I didn't see that referenced in the article. It's right where? Would you kindly provide the quote that I may have missed?

by Anonymousreply 344July 24, 2022 12:42 AM

This thread is CRAWLING with fraus. DL catnip? More like entitled gash catnip.

by Anonymousreply 345July 24, 2022 12:46 AM

R344

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346July 24, 2022 12:47 AM

R343 I'm not R342 but no one is supporting the guys claims that the children are too loud except for the guy. Not one neighbor has come forward to defend the grumpy guy's claims. It's a case of he said she said and I myself originally missed the part where the father said it wasn't excessive noise, and that there is an occasional behavioral correction...it's hard to tell in this case, the kid's dad paints a pretty fair picture kids running around and being noisy but not overly so.

I think this is a case of an uptight old gay man or old maid (of which they abound) who hates kids and wants the luxury of working from home without the consequences. I work from home and it's not always ideal. You learn to live with kids and lawn mowers and noise.

by Anonymousreply 347July 24, 2022 12:49 AM

R347 that's great, but none of that is anything I was talking about.. What you are commenting on was just one of several questions thrown up by r339/r342/r344 in his various posts in an attempt to deflect from the fact that -he was wrong in staying that all of us in this thread based our opinions without having any information other than what the man said-.

Anything else is just an attempt by him to avoid recognizing that was an incorrect accusation.

by Anonymousreply 348July 24, 2022 12:56 AM

Okay R348

by Anonymousreply 349July 24, 2022 12:59 AM

R347 and when asked a specific, Vincent at R346 the person who claims that I didn't read the article comes up with a tired old trop in place of an answer. Yup, Vincent is a coward. R344

by Anonymousreply 350July 24, 2022 1:00 AM

Vincent on DL

I used to live in a place where the neighbors would put illegal watch out for children signs in the middle of the street . . . Oh how often I fantasized about running over that sign or stealing it

by Anonymousreply 351July 24, 2022 1:03 AM

Vincent on DL some of the younger dealers are letting their hatred for anyone older and wiser than they get in the way of understanding this situation

by Anonymousreply 352July 24, 2022 1:04 AM

Vincent on DL

despite parents lying about how constantly rewarding it is to raise children a lot of them would swap places with the childless any day of the week

by Anonymousreply 353July 24, 2022 1:05 AM

R350 you've already shown multiple times that you aren't arguing in good faith, so what point would there be in answering any of your questions?

Keep on calling me Vincent, though, that's super witty! And thanks for replaying my earlier posts, I think they were very relevant and I'm happy to see them reposted. Good job!

by Anonymousreply 354July 24, 2022 1:05 AM

Vincent on DL

and the younger resent the older for having a lot of what they don't have including wisdom

by Anonymousreply 355July 24, 2022 1:06 AM

Vincent on DL

if he had signed it, it would not have gone any differently for him

by Anonymousreply 356July 24, 2022 1:07 AM

Vincent on DL

I hope he starts calling in noise complaints on her now to the police

by Anonymousreply 357July 24, 2022 1:07 AM

Vincent on DL

brushing off with 'people have always complained about the younger generation' is most assuredly reductive

by Anonymousreply 358July 24, 2022 1:09 AM

R350 is going to so much trouble to avoid admitting he was wrong. Keep going!

by Anonymousreply 359July 24, 2022 1:09 AM

Vincent on DL

soon all of the younger counts in this thread will be older and then they will kill themselves since they seem to dislike older people so much

by Anonymousreply 360July 24, 2022 1:10 AM

Vincent on DL

I think the consensus is that half of millennials and all of Gen Z are already ruined and should be flushed

by Anonymousreply 361July 24, 2022 1:11 AM

More, more!

by Anonymousreply 362July 24, 2022 1:13 AM

Whoever he is, he's damaged and repellent.

by Anonymousreply 363July 24, 2022 1:18 AM

I think r345 is correct. They must have slithered over here from the Meghan Markle threads.

by Anonymousreply 364July 24, 2022 1:37 AM

R290 who said anyone was yelling at the top of their lungs and how do you know that it was a previously-quiet area?

by Anonymousreply 365July 24, 2022 2:28 AM

R2867 How do you define "odd hours"?

by Anonymousreply 366July 24, 2022 2:31 AM

'People who install basketball hoops should be expelled from the community. They always use them at odd hours, too.'

Do you go to bed at 8:00 PM? R287

by Anonymousreply 367July 24, 2022 2:39 AM

I'd pay good money to live in a neighbourhood where motorcycles and leaf blowers are banned.

by Anonymousreply 368July 24, 2022 2:41 AM

No one in the neighborhood or the article did support his claims R347 and in the letter he sounds like the President of the Park Slope Neighborhood Association. It was cowardly of him not to speak to the neighbors one-on-one.

by Anonymousreply 369July 24, 2022 3:09 AM

R327 Why should they go inside? If he wants peace and quiet, he should go inside instead trying to control people in their own yard.

by Anonymousreply 370July 24, 2022 3:16 AM

what's that neighborhood app? why didn't he complain over there?

by Anonymousreply 371July 24, 2022 3:18 AM

and R244 what about the older hypocrites who were wild and loud in their younger days and now that they are older and sedentary, can't tolerate those who are having fun.

by Anonymousreply 372July 24, 2022 3:37 AM

They were still hypocrites/cunts in their younger days, R372.

by Anonymousreply 373July 24, 2022 4:22 AM

So, you've never known anyone who went from sinner to a saint? R373 and this particular resident of Park Slope lived in New York in the 90s when he was in his 30s a time when New York was truly a gay Mecca and though he looks mousey now I doubt he led a monastic existence back then.

by Anonymousreply 374July 24, 2022 4:54 AM

what is this eldergay's occupation? surely someone on DL knows him?

by Anonymousreply 375July 24, 2022 5:00 AM

There's a group of posters in this thread and on the DL in general who are just here to bash eldergays and the DL gays that they assume are all older than them. You can tell their posts because they spend far more time trying to scold and shame DLers than they do discussing the actual subject of the thread.

Everything is fodder for their obsession. They will take the opposite opinion of whatever opinion they assume their fantasy version of the typical DLer would have. Their posts are always condescending and smarmy - they can't help themselves.

Threads like this attract them like cockroaches. They get off on it. I'm sure Yr MillennialFriend is here because one of his favorite pastimes is bashing DLers, but he isn't the only one.

by Anonymousreply 376July 24, 2022 5:03 AM

R369 you have no proof that no one else in the neighborhood would support his claims. All we have is the woman's word for that - who is vengeful, tried to cancel him and get his clients to drop him, and then smarmily sent him a copy of the Daily Mail article with her own little note. She's not mentally mature and she showed that with her ridiculous overreaction.

She even admits they have been "whooping" for two years, that her son squeals frequently enough she knows what the neighbor is talking about, and that she has "rambunctious" children who are living an "uninhibited youth".

The article does not interview the other neighbors around them, all it has is the woman claiming to be a saint and always caring of others around her, a few comments from her husband, and the man and his letter, which he said speaks for itself and didn't provide any further information or respond to the woman's provocations.

More than likely the writer just contacted them both and got quotes and that's it. So "no neighbors supported his claims" isn't the W you seem to think it is.

All I see is a man who was tormented enough that he wrote a letter and sent it privately to the neighbor, and then she took it and blew it up into a huge dramatic thing. He comes across as the mature one, she does not.

by Anonymousreply 377July 24, 2022 5:17 AM

do you know the meaning of the word tormented R377? How about hyperbole?

by Anonymousreply 378July 24, 2022 5:27 AM

R378 That's all you got out of the post? Some niggling triviality?

You don't write letters like the man did unless it is an ongoing issue that is enough to cause, or start causing, trauma. If you look back in the thread, you will see reports of people driven to madness and murderous rage over unwanted and excessive noise. Dismiss that as "hyperbole" at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 379July 24, 2022 5:52 AM

Also, r378, perhaps you should look up the meaning of the word yourself before questioning my use of it. I used it accurately.

by Anonymousreply 380July 24, 2022 5:55 AM

R380 the man was tormented because of neighboring sounds! is that his word or yours?

by Anonymousreply 381July 24, 2022 6:00 AM

R381 you really should look up the meaning of the word yourself.

by Anonymousreply 382July 24, 2022 6:04 AM

R381 clearly the life of the party!

by Anonymousreply 383July 24, 2022 6:06 AM

the old dude should get a few rats and release them into their back garden.

by Anonymousreply 384July 24, 2022 6:09 AM

It amazes me how little frauzillas with demon spawn change from generation to generation.

by Anonymousreply 385July 24, 2022 9:10 AM

[quote]The noise of people in their backyard is not thumping bass. This character couldn't stand hearing kids playing and adults talking across their fence in an urban setting. Worth noting so far as we can tell he's the only one with the problem. But of course the straights are all in on it, right? Your reference so bitter young people and Park Slope frau betrays a bias you apparently can't see, [R305]. This isn't a tribal issue unless you wilfully make it one.

This thread has the potential of becoming a DL Classic!

Bias my ass! [bold]Noise is noise is noise, got that? [/bold]

I'm not making anything a "tribal issue", others here keep bringing up how age is a factor when discussing how people deal with noise. I call bullshit on that, noise sensitivity is a reality, at any age! Being gay or straight also shouldn't factor into this discussion at all. However many here are dividing people by age, sexuality and gender.

I also reckon many posters here probably don't even live in NYC, let alone Brooklyn, yet here they are, claiming certain neighborhoods were always "family neighborhoods".

How about certain brownstone areas of Brooklyn were never all Black or al white many years ago? Upper middle class and wealthy people formerly owned those brownstones. Then, during the crack epidemic, people then purchased those brownstones, then fixed them up, they either stayed or sold those brownstones for enormous profits.

Over the past few years, Black and white professionals are buying back into certain Brooklyn neighborhoods. Want to go into the history of Brooklyn? Bushwick, for instance, was always working class, working class people from all races and nationalities lived in Bushwick, now tons of flyover trust fund hipsters are living there. Trust fund hipsters from all races and nationalities now live in Bushwick, especially wealthy foreigners. There is no way an 'artist' or college student with no income can pay a rent of $4000 & up. Their parents are supporting them.

The bottom line, all those Brooklyn neighborhoods no longer 'belong' to any specific group of people, ALL the entitled newbies have to make an effort to understand where they are moving, to try and get along with the longtime residents, to learn the history of 'their' neighborhoods. Few even try.

I see this in my neighborhood, entitled younger people with money simply don't give a fuck. The new young 'moneyed' residents in my neighborhood are such snobs and have little respect. They are the types who move in, then leave within a few years. All they leave behind are high rents and high prices.

by Anonymousreply 386July 24, 2022 10:44 AM

Lots of people are calling out the older gay man. Guess he's not allowed to enjoy his own backyard? Even if the man wasn't working in his yard, he should be able to relax in his yard without hearing kids high pitched screaming every day. Sure, kids should play, but their parents should, at the very least, make some sort of effort to control their behavior. Many parents don't and we've all seen this.

Some of you seem to be denial about how today's parents of young kids let their kids do whatever they want. We've seen this everywhere, kids taking bags of candy off shelves, opening them up, eating the candy as their mom shops. Then, the mom acts 'shocked' when she gets to the checkout, acts as if she didn't notice what her kid was doing.

Any repetitve noise can be annoying, whether it's a relentless thumping bass or the blood curdling screams of children 'playing' in their yard or anywhere else.

Ever been in a store where kids are screaming, running around, darting in front of shopping carts and the parents don't say a damn thing, the parents don't make any attempt to calm down their kids? What would happen if you hit and injured one of those kids with your cart, you'd get blamed, not the kids out of control behavior. The excuse, "They're kids, they were only 'playing'." NO, the kids have terrible parents who don't set any boundaries. To begin with, kids shouldn't be playing inside a store.

Blood curdling screams from children 'playing' are as annoying as loud thumping music and you damn well know it.

I live on the 15th floor, while in my apartment, I hear kids screaming from my building's on-premises playground. For some reason, kids love to scream, a lot, it sounds as if they are being assaulted or murdered. When I’m leaving my building and hear the kids screaming, the mommy fraus are just sitting there on benches in the playground, ignoring their kids and talking to the other oblivious fraus.

All repetitious noise is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 387July 24, 2022 10:53 AM

R387 This thread triggered all the stealth fraus on here and drew them like iron filings to a magnet. They simply couldn’t resist.

How DARE you not indulge their crotchdroppings?!

by Anonymousreply 388July 24, 2022 12:00 PM

Neither party comes off well.

The Eldergay should have knocked on their door, introduced himself, explained the situation, seen if some sort of compromise could be reached. People are often far more reasonable when it's an actual person they're dealing with. Sending an anonymous letter was cowardly and the height of passive-aggressive.

The Mom should not have posted the letter to a Mom's group in the hope of identifying and shaming the letter writer. It was not a threatening letter, merely a passive aggressive one.

by Anonymousreply 389July 24, 2022 12:22 PM

I see this as another plus to keeping abortion legal.

by Anonymousreply 390July 24, 2022 12:27 PM

R388, nuh-uh. This is Park Slope. It's more likely Emma, Oliver, Fletcher, Chase, and Atticus.

by Anonymousreply 391July 24, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote]They are professional foreigners

I had no idea this was a career path.

by Anonymousreply 392July 24, 2022 7:08 PM

[quote]the kid's dad paints a pretty fair picture kids running around and being noisy but not overly so.

I'm sure his assessment is totally reliable and without bias. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 393July 24, 2022 8:00 PM

R386, you’re so full of shit and anger that literally fiften line breaks later you’ve morphed from noise being noise to market rents to blood curdling screams.

I wonder how you deal with the squeals and rumbles of subway trains and the honking and roars of buses and cars and taxis and trucks and every other endless source of noise in a city. (Well, I don’t, really, because it’s obvious how you deal with anything that upsets you.) It’s not about noise, though. It’s about your own fury at change and run of the middle good [italic]old/[italic] fashioned [bold]nimbyism.[/bold] People change neighborhoods over time. The Meatpacking District isn't just a destination name to market condos. Urban life. Deal - perhaps better than by raging against tides you can’t turn, because you must be a nightmare to live near.

by Anonymousreply 394July 24, 2022 9:07 PM

One more time, cleaned up:

[R386] you’re so full of shit and anger that literally fifteen line breaks later you’ve morphed from noise is noise to market rent to blood curdling screams.

I wonder how you deal with the squeals and rumbles of subway trains and the honking and roars of buses and cars and taxis and trucks and every other endless source of noise in a city. (Well, I don’t, really, because it’s obvious how you deal with anything that upsets you.) It’s not about noise, though. It’s about your own fury at change and run of the mill good old fashioned nimbyism. People change neighborhoods over time. The Meatpacking District isn't just a destination name to market condos. Urban life. Deal - perhaps better than by raging against tides you can’t turn, because you must be a nightmare to live near.

by Anonymousreply 395July 24, 2022 9:15 PM

It sounds like a fun gig R392, but people who've done it say that it get old quickly-- how many times can you ask where Times Square is, get excited over a real American McDonalds. shrug your shoulders in despair over the portions at American chain restaurants and say things like "you mean you have to pay for health care?"

Not to mention all the money you spend on black socks to wear with your sandals or high end camera gear.

by Anonymousreply 396July 24, 2022 9:59 PM

R389 one of the reasons that Vincent Incognito did not approach the family directly is because his list of directives of exactly how, where and when they should live their lives is absurd. Can you imagine a neighbor telling you to limit the amount of time you'd spend talking to another neighbor or to take your children for a stroll or to the park or to the playground when he's outside working?

by Anonymousreply 397July 25, 2022 2:21 AM

(^.^) R389 or take THEM inside

by Anonymousreply 398July 25, 2022 2:24 AM

R387 no one stopping him from enjoying his own backyard except really himself and the expectations that he has of others. No one's property comes with a guarantee that there won't be neighboring sounds.

by Anonymousreply 399July 25, 2022 2:27 AM

Please. If he were having late-night gatherings in his yard with shrieking laughter and loud talking, you can bet that mommy frau would have issue with that.

by Anonymousreply 400July 25, 2022 2:31 AM

R400 that's an assumption, and since she likes to socialize with her neighbors and enjoy the backyard with the kids and the pool in the summer, I doubt she would view people enjoying themselves in their own yard as intrusive, disrespectful or feel that her enjoyment is being compromised.

by Anonymousreply 401July 25, 2022 2:49 AM

When I was in my twenties I lived in an apartment building that was about 10 feet away from the next building. I heard (and saw) a lot. Most of it was fine but one year some unknown neighbor got a girlfriend who was a screamer during sex: "OHHH, BRIAN! OOOOOOHHH, BRIAN!"

People liked to leave windows open to cool down at night. You could hear them shut when Brian was "entertaining."

Finally one night — having been awakened at 2 a.m. with "OOOOOH, GAAAAWD, BRIIIIAN!" I screamed, "FUCK HER, BRIAN! FUCK HER GOOD! FUCK HER BRAINS OUT, BRIAN!"

Dead silence. Then the sound of a window slamming.

It never happened again.

by Anonymousreply 402July 25, 2022 3:07 AM

LOL and you are also assuming, dear R401, unless you actually know Mommy Frau and discussed the matter with her. I also doubt that she would appreciate noise while she's trying to get her precious bundles to sleep, but apparently you know more than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 403July 25, 2022 3:10 AM

R402 I'm sure the fucking continued, and Brian shut HIS window

by Anonymousreply 404July 25, 2022 3:11 AM

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one

Lonely man cries for love and has none

New mother picks up and suckles her son

Senior citizens wish they were young

by Anonymousreply 405July 25, 2022 3:11 AM

I'll bet R403 that Vincent's shriveled, wrinkled ass has been fucked for years.

by Anonymousreply 406July 25, 2022 3:16 AM

^ hasn't been

by Anonymousreply 407July 25, 2022 3:17 AM

We had one of those in Northridge on the ground floor in the apartments next door, r402. One afternoon, a bunch of us felt mischievous and waited near the "Ai, Papi! Aiiiii, PAPI!" window to clap when they finished. She laughed, but we didn't hear them again after that.

by Anonymousreply 408July 25, 2022 3:22 AM

the old man in the article is probably reading this thread. I am sure he's on DL. anyways, my suggestion is, when the kids are out playing, you go into YOUR backyard and blast HEAVY METAL music like Rammstein or Rob Zombie. you have every right to enjoy your backyard anyway you want and it's during the day so it won't be a problem. do it for 1 hour.

by Anonymousreply 409July 25, 2022 4:13 AM

These revenge fantasy scenarios of DLers probably really won't work out for Vincent. Maybe it would be easier and saner to go inside and work if the noise becomes too much for HIM. Besides people are literally dying it's so hot in New York so he needs to be in air conditioning anyway.

by Anonymousreply 410July 25, 2022 5:00 AM

yeah I agree, there is a heat wave, stay cool everyone!

by Anonymousreply 411July 25, 2022 5:05 AM

Actually, R409 I would suggest blasting Nicki Minaj's cover of blasting My Anaconda Don't for faster results.

by Anonymousreply 412July 25, 2022 5:16 AM

Actually, R403 if you read the article his garden is not directly connected to the family's property so he would actually be bothering his other neighbors more and most of all himself since he's the one that seems to be most sensitive to noise or sound. It's hypothetical of course because Vincent Incognito looks more like a killjoy than a partier.

by Anonymousreply 413July 25, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote]killjoy

It's always cute when someone learns a new word

by Anonymousreply 414July 25, 2022 11:42 AM

The moral of the story surely is to always ask yourself: If I do this, what would happen if it wound up in the Daily Mail?

by Anonymousreply 415July 25, 2022 1:29 PM

R414 Which just goes to show that I did indeed read the article. And I also learned the word quieten as well.

by Anonymousreply 416July 25, 2022 4:19 PM

R414

URBAN DICTIONARY: Killjoy

-someone who doesn't like happiness, laughter or fun especially when the person is not involved/ invited and comes in to ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 417July 25, 2022 5:29 PM

Hmm, I seemed to have hit a massively large nerve with R394/395.

Nay, this has nothing to do with change, my neighborhood has changed over the years and everything was fine until this new crop of entitled asshloes start started moving in a few years ago. By far, they are the worst of the newbies.

No dear, I never complain. I deal with it, but I can see how noise affects people's health. Urban life? Hun, I’ve lived in NYC my entire life, I know how to deal with the normal sounds of NYC life. Children screaming at the top of their lungs and overly loud repetitive music are not normal sounds. I don't quite understand how extremely bass heavy music inside an apartment is enjoyable, I guess the people listening must be stoned or drunk.

I don't hate babies or children, I felt for the family in my building whose newborn couldn’t sleep because the asshole under me was blasting loud thumping music at all hours.

“People change neighborhoods”. 🙄 That’s a given. However, an apartment with thin walls is not a club, an apartment is also not a fucking playground. An apartment is not a bowling alley etc. If you think these types of ‘changes' are normal, or acceptable, you are being deliberately obtuse.

I do notice people like you are likely not dealing with any of what’s being discussed here, yet, you state everyone else should accept this daily chaos at part of a neighborhood changing, not when people are paying millions to live in brownstones, co-ops & condos, this is not any sort of acceptable change.

You seem to be from flyover land, the type who gets annoyed when native New Yorkers point out how fucking annoying, self-absorbed, rude and entitled flyovers with more money than sense, especially those with little sense of decorum, act when they come blasting into NYC and expect the fucking red carpet to be rolled out for them with their huge bags of mummy & daddy’s money.

Most people work hard to buy a nice place to live, they shouldn't have to deal with entitled people and their bullshit. Especially the entitled snobs who are being bankrolled by their wealthy parents. No one here is able to figure how a teacher was able to buy a Brooklyn brownstone. Are we sure he's not renting one of the floors and has use of the yard?

Again, because you seem to have a thick skull, repetitious non-stop daily noise can make people physically and mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 418July 25, 2022 7:33 PM

Is the DLer close enough to the brats to turn the hose on them? This strategy works well to keep stray cats out of the yard.

The "Mommie" sounds like an entitled cunt who thinks the entire would should view her and her crotch droppings as the most amazing thing that happened to planet earth. And of course all her mommie blogger "friends" are OUTRAGED at a polite request to be mindful of the amount of noise her household is perpetuating on the entire neighborhood.

Guess what bitch? You and your offspring are not that special. Have some better manners and some basic respect for your neighbors and how your behaviour impacts those around you.

by Anonymousreply 419July 25, 2022 8:12 PM

I wonder if this could be the problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 25, 2022 8:15 PM

Well, it could be worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421July 25, 2022 8:25 PM

The letter complains less about the kids' noise, and more about how the parents (who are adults) goad the kids into making more and more noise.

He even says that he understands that kids will be kids, but that the parents' behavior is encouraging the extra volume.

by Anonymousreply 422July 25, 2022 8:26 PM

I agree, R389. I was taught long ago that direct discussion about these things, and with a simple REQUEST to try and keep it down, is the best way. It causes the least amount of drama, and if they don't comply with your request, then you know they are certainly assholes, and you can't do anything more about it.

I'm curious if this family amped up the volume in retaliation, or if maybe they are trying to be quieter after all (to prove that their noise isn't as bad as he says it is).

by Anonymousreply 423July 25, 2022 8:32 PM

here's a man who took action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 25, 2022 9:24 PM

Surprisingly none of the complaints were about children playing in their own yard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 25, 2022 9:32 PM

I can all but guarantee you that if the noisemakers had been a pair of married eldergays who sometimes entertained friends over cocktails in their backyard that Mr. Anonymous would have had an identical hissyfit.

by Anonymousreply 426July 25, 2022 9:36 PM

R418, you didn't hit a nerve. It's just the effects of repetitive noise.

by Anonymousreply 427July 25, 2022 9:37 PM

Will you be writing a letter, going on a murderous rampage, or just killing yourself, r427?

by Anonymousreply 428July 25, 2022 9:42 PM

people have different ways of dealing with noise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429July 25, 2022 9:42 PM

You're not well, R428. There's disagreement and there's wishing death.

But congratulations on getting there without fifteen preceding paragraphs for once, freak.

by Anonymousreply 430July 25, 2022 9:44 PM

R425 the 2018 report you linked doesn't list things with that specificity, so it does not mean that none of the complaints were about noisy children.

by Anonymousreply 431July 25, 2022 9:45 PM

R430 the fact that you assumed, out of the three options, that I was wishing for your death just shows how you see the world 😥

by Anonymousreply 432July 25, 2022 9:46 PM

R431 I'm sure that noise from children playing in their own yard ranked up there with problems such as all-night illegal fireworks, late night residential sidewalk street parties, booming music from parked cars, drag racing, car alarms, construction . . .

by Anonymousreply 433July 25, 2022 10:00 PM

R433 I'm just telling you what the report actually said, since you were implying that because it didn't mention "children playing" it meant there had been no complaints.

by Anonymousreply 434July 25, 2022 10:02 PM

Here R434

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435July 25, 2022 10:03 PM

R435 not sure what you're trying to imply, but that link doesn't add to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 436July 25, 2022 10:09 PM

There are people who can get laid and then there's Vincent and R436. It must be frustrating

by Anonymousreply 437July 25, 2022 10:13 PM

(^.^)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438July 25, 2022 10:15 PM

Here's some tips on how to deal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439July 25, 2022 10:23 PM

It's extra hilarious when someone's trying to insult (for no apparent reason) and they make an egregious and embarrassing typo.

by Anonymousreply 440July 25, 2022 10:24 PM

more tips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441July 25, 2022 10:25 PM

R440 happy to brighten up your dreary existence

by Anonymousreply 442July 25, 2022 10:30 PM

R436, do you think your comment @ R440 is adding to the conversation? It's interesting that it just reveals what ahypocrite you are. And who appointed you hall monitor anyway?

by Anonymousreply 443July 25, 2022 10:37 PM

It must be absolute torment. Why do people pay so much to live in such a noisy place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444July 25, 2022 10:41 PM

It sounds like hell on earth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 25, 2022 10:43 PM

speaking of torment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 25, 2022 10:45 PM

R443 nice try 😂

by Anonymousreply 447July 25, 2022 10:45 PM

Old age ain't for sissies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448July 25, 2022 10:55 PM

R434 It probably wasn't mentioned because children playing in their yards was probably not high on the list of complaints received by NYC311.

by Anonymousreply 449July 25, 2022 11:02 PM

and reading the article R423 it would seem that no one else in the neighborhood had a problem with the sound of the children playing in the yard. In the anonymous letter he sounds like he's a representative of the block association providing guidelines for the family's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 450July 25, 2022 11:08 PM

I'm sure that's it, r449.

by Anonymousreply 451July 25, 2022 11:08 PM

R450 if you read the article you would see they only talked to the wife, husband, and the letter-writer (he had no comment). They didn't interview anyone in the neighborhood or do any research on any of the stuff that people in this thread keep trying to find to insist that the man is being totally unreasonable.

by Anonymousreply 452July 25, 2022 11:11 PM

R452 His complaint about the noise has to do with the fact that he sees his yard as a workplace where I would imagine most people in the neighborhood like most people anywhere see their yard as a place where they can relax and have fun. So, it's probably difficult for him while he is working to hear the sounds of people having fun. It's so hot in New York at this time anyway that I'm sure he's inside in air conditioning. So, for now the family can enjoy their swimming pool and yard without having to worry about bothering him.

by Anonymousreply 453July 25, 2022 11:25 PM

R453 I don't care, I was just responding to r450 specifically.

by Anonymousreply 454July 25, 2022 11:28 PM

R454 For someone who doesn't care you've provided over 60 posts to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 455July 25, 2022 11:33 PM

He 64 hopefully he can retire soon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 25, 2022 11:36 PM

R455 You were responding with something that didn't have anything to do with what I was saying. It's called a strawman.

by Anonymousreply 457July 25, 2022 11:41 PM

Longtime residents often resent new and younger residents. It's certainly nothing new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 25, 2022 11:49 PM

Young versus Old

by Anonymousreply 459July 25, 2022 11:55 PM

Vincent seems to resent change

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 25, 2022 11:58 PM

R306 I agree. And not everyone uses their yard as a workspace and the letter writer needs to understand that.

by Anonymousreply 461July 26, 2022 12:03 AM

Here's more on the topic of aging and noise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 26, 2022 1:19 AM

R426 Agreed In the article Christina referred to him as a . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 26, 2022 1:42 AM

The man should scream at them like Peggy Gravel:

"Brats! BRATS! This isn't some COMMUNIST DAY CARE center! Tell your mother I hate her! Tell your mother I hate YOU!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464July 26, 2022 3:15 AM

Thread ded, it's turned into link spam no one will read

by Anonymousreply 465July 26, 2022 5:21 AM

You'll be missed

by Anonymousreply 466July 26, 2022 5:23 AM

R17 speaking of ear plugs when I stay at hotels, I bring foam ear plugs which reduce noise by 28% which is good for sleeping. They only cost $5 for a package of 36. Recommended and they work when you want to reduce ambient sound

by Anonymousreply 467July 26, 2022 5:29 AM

R307, they have a fairly large yard which was probably appealing to the family, but I understand your point I don't understand why people with kids do want to live in a crowded, urban area, but maybe it has something to do with proximity to where the husband works and it's convenient

by Anonymousreply 468July 26, 2022 5:35 AM

Oh, dear Fucking Jesus! That thing condescended to parents about how to soothe their children, but as a FUCKING EDITOR, BREVITY was the fucking LAST CHOICE on his list? Why isn't DL asking to kill it with fire?

Maybe he's prissy and frustrated because his clientele is drying up due his verbosity and editorial incompetence? Seriously!

by Anonymousreply 469July 26, 2022 7:48 AM

Amazing how so many here are adding links to various articles mentioning dementia and 'old age' and other nonsense.

This older man simply wants to enjoy his yard, yet, so many here want to twist this situation into something else. Many here keep bringing up that he wants to work in his yard, what if this man simply wanted to relax or read a book in his yard and the incessant screaming made even that difficult? It appears, too many here think this man has no rights.

btw, is 65 now considered elderly? These days, lots of Americans are living to 100+! I have a 98 year old aunt who is still mobile and not in dementia. People need to stop making assumptions about older adults. Same goes for younger people, not all young people make unnecessary noise or allow their kids to be out of control.

It's clear the younger couple, with the screeching kids and hooting haus frau mom, brought the situation to another level by granting an interview to one of the world's worst 'news' outlets, the Daily Fail.

Had the family kept this situation private, things would be different.

Also, it's obvious, for some, any attention is better than none. Oscar Wilde said that many years ago! "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

by Anonymousreply 470July 26, 2022 11:42 AM

R469 maybe he should hire a Rentboy and get a good prostatic massage. Besides how many hours does he work in his yard? It's not like he has a 9-5 work schedule if he is a free lancer.

by Anonymousreply 471July 26, 2022 4:30 PM

Maybe it has more to do with a nosy neighbor than a noisy one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472July 27, 2022 8:05 AM

R472, there’s something creepy about that article, like its true audience is would-be BTK killers.

by Anonymousreply 473July 27, 2022 11:51 AM

R471, that's the nuclear option. Again, get him indoors with a gallon of Metamucil and the Golden Girls box set. Baby steps.

Oh, sorry, babies trigger, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 474July 27, 2022 2:59 PM

[quote]He 64 hopefully he can retire soon

Why assume this man can retire, that he has a lot of assets? Perhaps his home is his main asset? Or that he'll be getting a decent pension.

Do you realize how many elderly people still work? If he's a freelancer, over the years, he had to create his own retirement accounts. Freelancers get nothing but a paycheck, no healthcare plan, no pension, nothing but their paycheck for whatever they are doing for a company.

This man likely bought the brownstone for a very low price. Ever think he still needs to work? Why assume when people reach a certain age they can retire comfortably?

by Anonymousreply 475July 27, 2022 5:56 PM

He doesn't necessarily need to retire.

He's working remotely apparently, and he can do that from anywhere.

If he bought his home 30 years ago, he's made a huge profit since 1992 and he could find a home with lots of property for considerably less than he could sell his brownstone for.

There are many places within 1/2 hour of Manhattan that are quieter cleaner and offer more property for the money.

And since he doesn't seem so happy with his current situation . . .

by Anonymousreply 476July 27, 2022 6:34 PM

But his neighbours are the ones who are supposed to change. He sent them a long, unsigned letter telling them exactly how. What part of that don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 477July 27, 2022 6:40 PM

Montclair has a lot to offer with excellent restaurants, theaters, parks and a half hour train ride from Manhattan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478July 27, 2022 6:46 PM

R475 do free lancers get pensions?

by Anonymousreply 479July 28, 2022 4:45 AM

Team Eldergay. I fucking hate breeders these days. They used to be a lot cooler, but now they have all this performative mindful tolerant parenting bullshit which means louder and longer and more fucking intolerable and stupid. Fuck these shitty ass Kentucky breeders.

by Anonymousreply 480July 28, 2022 6:17 AM

Freelancers have to create their own pensions. Comprehend?

When you freelance your get nothing but your paycheck, stop trolling.

by Anonymousreply 481July 28, 2022 3:04 PM

[quote]There are many places within 1/2 hour of Manhattan that are quieter cleaner and offer more property for the money. And since he doesn't seem so happy with his current situation . . .

This has been mentioned upthread. What if, in a few years, this man can longer drive, same for his partner. We are assuming they both drive. Lots of people who grew up in metro areas don't drive. Living away from a major city can be very isolating. and difficult. I have lots of family and friends who have moved upstate NY, they do wonder what will happen when they can no longer drive. Two of these people even need their own generators.

Moving away from Brooklyn or Queens isn't always the solution.

by Anonymousreply 482July 28, 2022 3:25 PM

Reason before passion is so compelling.

by Anonymousreply 483July 28, 2022 3:27 PM

In my experience, R480, parents who have full-time jobs are mostly okay. It is these stay-at-home mommies who are fucking desperate for attention no matter the venue that ruin things. You know, the ones who claim they are doing "the hardest job in the world" (but would not even feign to consider paying Rosita more than $4.50 an hour for the same responsibilities)? We're all supposed to bow and genuflect to these people who carry on like martyrs. "It's so hard". Come off it already Scrolling Insta and day-drinking while plopping the kid in front of some device all day is not hard work.

Look at the woman at the center of this story. Of course she's talking loudly to her kids, no one with that body is running after their kids or anything else. Eldergay was much nicer than I, although, he shouldn't have wrangled with such an obvious attention whore. My condolences to him and all his neighbors who now clandestinely look out their blinds before going in their backyards so they don't get roped into some conversation with a SAHM who knows no boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 484July 28, 2022 3:38 PM

My nephew just had his first child,and his wife will be a stay at home mommy until the baby starts school. She deluges everyone with pics to the point i delete before opening. I get shes bored,she had a pretty high level job ,but come on .I love my great niece,shes a gorgeous baby,but I dont need 600 pics a week !

by Anonymousreply 485July 28, 2022 4:22 PM

So, if he can no longer drive what difference does it make where he lives? There are many communities that offer senior services which include transportation. He can use of Ubers, buses, trains . . .to get around. Montclair like many communities it is a walkable town with Whole Foods, Starbucks, restaurants theaters, . . .There are many towns where you don't need a car in order to live. And if he's being driven to distraction where he lives now...

No one said he had to move upstate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486July 28, 2022 5:59 PM

R482 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 487July 28, 2022 6:00 PM

Close to Manhattan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488July 28, 2022 6:08 PM

R482 Not much of a difference in terms of proximity and no need to rely on the dirty, dangerous NYC subways

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489July 28, 2022 6:12 PM

well, some parts of Park Slope have quiet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 28, 2022 6:24 PM

and then there's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491July 28, 2022 6:25 PM

Park Slope residents weigh in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 28, 2022 6:29 PM

Like most, I'm #TeamEldergay.

While writing a letter was passive aggressive, I bet that family were far too noisy and did nothing to control their children.

by Anonymousreply 493July 28, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote]So, if he can no longer drive what difference does it make where he lives? There are many communities that offer senior services which include transportation. He can use of Ubers, buses, trains . . .to get around. Montclair like many communities it is a walkable town with Whole Foods, Starbucks, restaurants theaters, . . .There are many towns where you don't need a car in order to live. And if he's being driven to distraction where he lives now... No one said he had to move upstate.

Most suburbanites simply don't get it. Lots of people have zero desire to move out of the city, Especially if they've grown up in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. I have many friends who grew up in various parts of Manhattan, they still remain.

Constantly using Uber, car services and yellow cabs can be costly. In suburban communities supermarkets are usually not closely.

Why should long time residents of any neighborhood have to move to accommodate spoiled wealthy entitled flyovers?

I have lots of older relatives who did exactly what you think is a good option, they moved out to the NY suburbs and upstate, most regret the move. They all drive and certainly worry about the days when their independence will end.

One relative is 80 and still drives, not sure how much long she can do this. This elderly woman drives everywhere, to her doctor appts, Costco and various stores.

by Anonymousreply 494July 29, 2022 4:27 PM

CLOSE BY

by Anonymousreply 495July 29, 2022 4:28 PM

[quote]Why should long time residents of any neighborhood have to move to accommodate spoiled wealthy entitled flyovers?

Why should children be born into poverty in Africa? Why should someone be an innocent bystander? Why should a wildfire burn your house down?

Because shit happens. That's life. No one's owed anything. What a ridiculous, poor me mentality.

by Anonymousreply 496July 29, 2022 4:34 PM

R494 doesn't your 80-year-old relative have any friends or family members who can drive her places? Are there no services for seniors where she lives shuttles or ride shares? She could also delivery services such as Peapod, Amazon, Instacart, Door Dash, Uber Eats. there are plenty of delivery services and perhaps she should move somewhere. and why did she move upstate to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 497July 29, 2022 5:10 PM

R496 Most people I know including myself have moved several times in their lifetime for a variety of reasons.

Very often it has to do with work sometimes it has to do with children and schooling and the need for a larger place or the opposite not needing a larger place any longer. People's needs change over time as do neighborhood.

it does sound ridiculous that he expects the world around him to accommodate him and not realize that overtime especially 30 years neighborhoods change and sometimes not for the best.

by Anonymousreply 498July 29, 2022 5:32 PM

I wonder if he regrets writing his letter now that he's exposed and gone viral.

by Anonymousreply 499July 29, 2022 9:41 PM

One way to write the letter might be to actually write it using cut out letters from magazines like the kidnappers do on TV shows.

That will scare the piss out of her and she'll comply. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 500July 29, 2022 9:43 PM

^ LOL... couldn't be worse than his first turn at bat.

by Anonymousreply 501July 29, 2022 9:45 PM

How long would it take him to cut out all those letters for that lengthy tirade he wrote? Maybe he should have just approached the neighbors

by Anonymousreply 502July 29, 2022 11:24 PM

This is like the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, where I hate everyone in this story

by Anonymousreply 503July 29, 2022 11:41 PM

Well, R502 the idea is that would force this ElderGay into BREVITY.

"KEEP YOUR BRATS QUIET OR ELSE!"

by Anonymousreply 504July 30, 2022 12:00 AM

OK touchĂŠ R504

by Anonymousreply 505July 30, 2022 12:27 AM

You don't send your own letter. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 506July 30, 2022 12:41 AM

Interesting. I've been following this thread. This is my first comment. I don't think this eldergay's letter was nasty at all.

I noticed a theme recently, and sure enough, after ignoldaring, I saw a designated poster brandonjoseph, who usually signs as FormerNewYorker, of Weehawken, is responsible for over 100 posts in this thread. It's an illness. He obsessively posts in anything anti NYC.

Really sad.

by Anonymousreply 507July 30, 2022 1:26 AM

Of course, mom is an entitled fat frau.

by Anonymousreply 508July 30, 2022 1:30 AM

and did you have a wonderful day at the beach R507? and now you're going out to dinner with friends I guess.

by Anonymousreply 509July 30, 2022 2:29 AM

R507 who knew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510July 30, 2022 2:50 AM

R507

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511July 30, 2022 2:52 AM

Greetings from Weehawken R507

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512July 30, 2022 3:01 AM

Since you've mentioned Weehawken dozens if not hundreds of times over the course of many threads in your posts here's some more for your enjoyment or R 507

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513July 30, 2022 6:09 AM

I think this man has been perfectly reasonable in his requests.

[quote]and did you have a wonderful day at the beach [R507]? and now you're going out to dinner with friends I guess.

Not today, FormerNewYorker. I worked yesterday, but I'm sure I will enjoy NYC's beaches and dinner with friends soon. What is so odd (or "fabulist!", as you tend to shriek) about that?

...and why have you posted over 100 times in this thread (not to mention the near 200 posts in the linked thread)? The last 5 back to back posts here are yours. Nothing better to do in Weehawken?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 30, 2022 12:33 PM

In fairness, there can only be so many people willing to invest time boosting Weehawken.

by Anonymousreply 515July 30, 2022 12:36 PM

brandonjoseph/FNY (Former New Yorker)/[R275]/[R277]/[R278]/[R279]/[R2] - 80/[R281] seems to lack reading skills. The linked thread referred to is BELOW my post at [R276]. I guess it is difficult keeping track of which way is up after making literally hundreds upon hundreds of anti NYC posts, on so many threads, using so many different names and devices. Hate must be debilitating.

He forgets that he's posted the exact same post in multiple threads, and he talks to himself a lot, as seen in the 5 back to back posts above. He also does it in this linked thread below. He's responsible for over 200 posts in that thread.

Same old insults. He's forgotten he has used "needs to get laid" dozens and dozens of times, directed at anyone who likes NYC. So confused. Sad, really.

Sound familiar? R514

by Anonymousreply 516July 30, 2022 3:00 PM

^^^what would be the point, brandonjoseph/FNY/Former New Yorker aka "stupid crime blotter troll"?

The minute anyone posts anything positive about New York, you will just post a litany of negativity, or you will say that other places are just as good. About a third of this thread is yours. You infest any NYC thread with dozens to hundreds of posts.

Enjoy Weehawken and stop trying to get us to hate NYC as much as you do, It's a waste of time.

R507 R514

by Anonymousreply 517July 30, 2022 3:12 PM

Aw, [R308]/brandonjoseph/Former New Yorker/FNY. Is Weehawken so boring that you feel the need to add to your already over 100 posts here? You are responsible for over 30% of this thread.

What is it that compels you to do that?

Same old same old R507 R514

by Anonymousreply 518July 30, 2022 3:21 PM

^^FNY/FormerNewYorker/brandon - joseph/[R359], you've posted that same story on at least 3 other threads. Why SO obsessed with NYC crime?

You are now well into thousands of anti-NYC posts. Well over 400 in this thread and its predecessor alone.

It's bizarre.

It is bizarre R507 R514

by Anonymousreply 519July 30, 2022 3:51 PM

R507 R514

I would refrain from using words, phrases and terms like BITTER TROLL, BIZZARE, SAD, WASTE OF TIME, NOTHING BETTER TO DO . . .

You're posts on this thread have nothing to do with the subject

How bizarre that you stalk someone and have the temerity to use the word obsessed.

One would think YOU have nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 520July 30, 2022 4:22 PM

Here's an article related to the topic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521July 30, 2022 4:43 PM

How To Deal with Noisy Neighbors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522July 30, 2022 4:54 PM

Vincent should consider himself lucky. It could have been worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523July 30, 2022 5:20 PM

Former NYC Mayor campaigned against noise pollution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524July 30, 2022 5:44 PM

I lived in an apartment building in a rear unit. Across the alley was a house with the loudest child ever known to man . The family was constantly in the backyard constantly making noise. . When it got too loud and I had enough, I blasted Eminems greatest hits on my stereo with the windows open. They had neighbors in an apartment building next to them who would be out at all hours of the night making all kinds of noise and being loud drunks . I pulled up the blinds and played the raunchiest gay porn I could find on my tv while I slept. They moved in the house real fast. When they tried to tap into my wifi , I would turn it off at night. Eventually I moved during the pandemic because of all the barking dogs in the neighborhood. I mo ved to a condo building with a lot of older people so not as many problems. Always fight fire with fire when necessary.

by Anonymousreply 525July 30, 2022 5:44 PM

But the Daily Mail won't report this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526August 2, 2022 1:16 PM

I am the same age as the couple. Like most people their age - especially those with children- they sound entitled and not self aware. Most also allow their children to walk all over them for the sake of not traumatizing them through discipline. Although I do not have children of my own, I love kids and respect others’ choice to become parents but I know once they do, they view people without children to be beneath them and expect the world to bend to them because they did the difficult thing in becoming parents. I know many couples like these two. Im team editor on this.

Also, I missed the part that mentioned what she did for a living but he is a teacher and they can afford park slope? Correct me if Im wrong but perhaps there is a little “transplants with family money” obtuseness sprinkled in.

by Anonymousreply 527August 2, 2022 3:26 PM

A pox on both your houses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528August 4, 2022 5:54 PM

[R494] doesn't your 80-year-old relative have any friends or family members who can drive her places? Are there no services for seniors where she lives shuttles or ride shares? She could also delivery services such as Peapod, Amazon, Instacart, Door Dash, Uber Eats. there are plenty of delivery services and perhaps she should move somewhere. and why did she move upstate to begin with?

Actually, her grown children live all over the US, she’s a widow and has always been a difficult person. This woman lives on Long Island, not upstate.

This relative actually lives in a senior condo community, they have services where they take their residents out to plays in Manhattan, museums etc. This woman is not a friendly person, I assume she doesn't participate in much of what is offered in her community. I don't drive, even if I did, I sure wouldn't drive all the way out there to take her shopping. I don't live anywhere near this woman.

My relative enjoys her independence and as I mentioned, isn’t the friendliest person. Lots of people of any age can be loners. This relative likes doing things alone, of course, at her age, she doesn’t seem to understand it’s not the wisest choice to always be alone. There are car jackings and other dangerous thinks which can happen in any neighborhood, even out in the suburbs and upstate.

Why assume everyone uses food delivery services? This woman actually enjoys shopping, she lives to shop, that's all she talks about, shopping. Whether it’s shopping at Costco, going to department stores or thrift shops, she’s a shopaholic. Not everyone fits neatly into a category.

At her age, I'd be thinking about downsizing, not buying more useless crap. Besides her three story condo, with a finished basement, she has two storage units. A psychiatrist wound probably tell her, all that shopping fills the void of not having any close friends and close connections with even her adult children. Two are not speaking to her.

One assumes, once she can no longer can live by herself, she will move in, reluctantly, with one of her adult children and their family. Another relative recently did that, sold her home and moved back East to live with her married daughter and her family.

by Anonymousreply 529August 5, 2022 6:13 PM

[R494] doesn't your 80-year-old relative have any friends or family members who can drive her places? Are there no services for seniors where she lives shuttles or ride shares? She could also delivery services such as Peapod, Amazon, Instacart, Door Dash, Uber Eats. there are plenty of delivery services and perhaps she should move somewhere. and why did she move upstate to begin with?

Actually, her grown children live all over the US, she’s a widow and has always been a difficult person. This woman lives on Long Island, not upstate.

This relative actually lives in a senior condo community, they have services where they take their residents out to plays in Manhattan, museums etc. This woman is not a friendly person, I assume she doesn't participate in much of what is offered in her community. I don't drive, even if I did, I sure wouldn't drive all the way out there to take her shopping. I don't live anywhere near this woman.

My relative enjoys her independence and as I mentioned, isn’t the friendliest person. Lots of people of any age can be loners. This relative likes doing things alone, of course, at her age, she doesn’t seem to understand it’s not the wisest choice to always be alone. There are car jackings and other dangerous thinks which can happen in any neighborhood, even out in the suburbs and upstate.

Why assume everyone uses food delivery services? This woman actually enjoys shopping, she lives to shop, that's all she talks about, shopping. Whether it’s shopping at Costco, going to department stores or thrift shops, she’s a shopaholic. Not everyone fits neatly into a category.

At her age, I'd be thinking about downsizing, not buying more useless crap. Besides her three story condo, with a finished basement, she has two storage units. A psychiatrist wound probably tell her, all that shopping fills the void of not having any close friends and close connections with even her adult children. Two are not speaking to her.

One assumes, once she can no longer can live by herself, she will move in, reluctantly, with one of her adult children and their family. Another relative recently did that, sold her home and moved back East to live with her married daughter and her family.

by Anonymousreply 530August 5, 2022 6:13 PM

[quote]I am the same age as the couple. Like most people their age - especially those with children- they sound entitled and not self aware. Most also allow their children to walk all over them for the sake of not traumatizing them through discipline. Although I do not have children of my own, I love kids and respect others’ choice to become parents but I know once they do, they view people without children to be beneath them and expect the world to bend to them because they did the difficult thing in becoming parents. I know many couples like these two. Im team editor on this. Also, I missed the part that mentioned what she did for a living but he is a teacher and they can afford park slope? Correct me if Im wrong but perhaps there is a little “transplants with family money” obtuseness sprinkled in.

Why can’t these boring entitled transplants gentrify their own states? I never understand why NYC, especially neighborhoods like Bushwick Brooklyn (where so many of these transplants and trust fund hipsters now seem live) and to other once working class neighborhoods in Brooklyn & Queens, areas which are now gentrified or going through gentrification. I can guarantee 100% of these naive transplants wouldn't have dared to walk through most of these rough NYC neighborhoods years ago, let alone, bought property there! In fact, recently there were some killings in Bushwick, that neighborhood is still not totally safe.

Why is moving to NYC such a destination? Perhaps because I'm a native New Yorker, I don't see the fascination? Especially now with NYC becoming so much more dangerous. The mentally ill are running amok, attacking random people in the subways and out in the streets and all the other crimes which are reported almost daily. An elderly woman, going about her business, was pushing a cart and was attacked, I think with a box cutter, the guy was caught. The coward attacked her from behind. Not to mention, so many of these lunatics attacking people, usually don't even come from the neighborhoods where they are committing their crimes. Crime happens everywhere in NYC.

As far as this entitled Park Slope couple, the wife is from Kentucky or, perhaps, they both are? Why do all these cookie-cutter entitled types feel the need to move to NYC. It's not as if with two small kids they can enjoy much of the nightlife or whatever they think os so great about living in NYC.

Even if earning more money in NYC is the reason, NYC prices on most items are outrageous as are the property taxes. The higher salaries aren’t much of a plus, because costs across the board are higher in NYC.

How the hell can the husband, a schoolteacher, afford to buy a Brooklyn brownstone on his salary?! He has a wife who doesn’t appear to work and two kids to raise. He’ll be supporting his kids until they finish college.

Does the family occupy the entire brownstone or are there other apartments in their home they are renting to cover their mortgage? Do they even own the brownstone or just rent it?

by Anonymousreply 531August 5, 2022 6:36 PM

^ Does the family occupy the entire brownstone or are there other apartments in their home they are renting to cover their mortgage? Do they even own the brownstone or just rent it?

Does it make a difference whether they own or rent the place where they live?

The homeless lived rent free in hotels/motels⬇️⬇️⬇️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532August 5, 2022 8:19 PM

New Yorkers here are some of your new neighbors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 6, 2022 5:18 PM

[quote]Does it make a difference whether they own or rent the place where they live?

Hmmm, well, let's see, if the elderly man owns the brownstone he's living in, has invested a lot into making it a nice place to live and has paid tons of taxes over the years, a home owner would usually have more rights to “the quiet enjoyment of one's home” over some entitled trust fund family who are only there because they can afford the outrageous NYC rents. Renters have leases they own nothing.

Most landlords don’t care who they rent to, as long at they get the rent amount they want. IIRC, the renter needs to earn 40 times the rent amount or something that outrageous. Landlords usually won’t deal with noise complaints from other residents, even in their own buildings!

Years ago, I worked with a young woman who thought she had great deal on a very large one bedroom apartment in Chelsea. This young woman and her landlord were both Chinese-American, she assumed he gave her such a great deal because they were both Chinese, well, she later found out her “deal’ wasn’t much of a deal.

It seems her next door neighbor made noise all sorts of hours, he was a hairdresser, he illegally ran his ‘salon’ out of his apartment, loud thumping music was going on during all hours. Most night she couldn't sleep. The music was so loud her furniture was shaking. Besides the noise, the landlord didn’t provide enough heat, my work colleague had to buy electric heaters, which caused her electric bill to be much higher.

Hell sure is other people.

by Anonymousreply 534August 7, 2022 8:25 AM

Hmmm, well, let's see, if the elderly man owns the brownstone he's living in, has invested a lot into making it a nice place to live and has paid tons of taxes over the years, a home owner would usually have more rights to “the quiet enjoyment of one's home” over some entitled trust fund family who are only there because they can afford the outrageous NYC rents. Renters have leases they own nothing.

More rights according to what law?

by Anonymousreply 535August 7, 2022 9:23 AM

R534 did it say in the article that the family were renters? or is that an assumption? And how do you know Vincent is a homeowner? or is that an assumption as well?

Besides the letter writer doesn't own the building they live in so it's tough titties. He has no jurisdiction over them.

by Anonymousreply 536August 7, 2022 9:34 AM

The anti-Vincent troll(s) in this thread are tedious and transparent.

by Anonymousreply 537August 7, 2022 7:40 PM

If Vincent has lived in the brownstone for 30 years, that info pretty much points to him owning the brownstone.

Not many owners of brownstones would rent to the same person for THIRTY years. Most NYC landlords are not fond of the laws which protect and allow renters to live in their rentals 'forever'. When that happens, landlords cannot get market level for their properties. The trolls in this thread don't seem to know much about NYC rental laws.

A few years ago, a friend was paying $350 for an apartment he grew up in, once his parents died, the apartment was passed on to him. A few years after his parents died, new owners bought the building. Let's just say, his rent is no longer $350. He remains because the apartment is a huge two bedroom pre-war. He has a separate dining room, a full kitchen and a large living room. The entrance hall is also huge.

by Anonymousreply 538August 7, 2022 7:44 PM

R538 My friend has lived in a rent stabilized apartment on West 44th St in Hell's Kitchen since 1988.

There are many people who lived in buildings for decades including another friend who lives on West 48th St who's been in the same building since the early 90s and he moved to another apartment within the building several years ago, but his rent has not changed significantly in all those years. His building is privately owned, and the owner lives in the building

And is ownership versus rental really what the issue is in the situation between Vincent and his neighbors?

by Anonymousreply 539August 7, 2022 8:00 PM

[quote][R538] My friend has lived in a rent stabilized apartment on West 44th St in Hell's Kitchen since 1988. There are many people who lived in buildings for decades including another friend who lives on West 48th St who's been in the same building since the early 90s and he moved to another apartment within the building several years ago, but his rent has not changed significantly in all those years. His building is privately owned, and the owner lives in the building. And is ownership versus rental really what the issue is in the situation between Vincent and his neighbors?

Of course people can live for many decades in apartments, but what landlord in their right mind would rent out a brownstone worth millions for 30 years? The low rent they'd be getting from renting the entire brownstone, or from their rental units, would barely cover their property taxes and any improvements they'd be required to make.

An elderly aunt has lived in the same Brooklyn apartment since 1964! The big difference, is we are talking apartment rentals versus renting an entire brownstone or an entire house. My aunt lives in a six family rental building.

A former co-worker bought low in her rental building which went co-op, her insider price was $30,000 for a six room pre-war. This woman and her husband had rented for 20+ years, they were more than happy to buy when her building went co-op.

I have no idea what the entire issue is between Vincent and his Kentucky flyover neighbors, it mostly appears to be about incessant noise from the neighbors small children and the mom also egging on the kids when then are screaming. The mom is screaming too.

by Anonymousreply 540August 7, 2022 9:29 PM

You certainly write as if you don't know what your view is....

by Anonymousreply 541August 7, 2022 9:39 PM

[quote]You certainly write as if you don't know what your view is....

Trollina, your post makes ZERO sense. Landlords are into making a living, it's the reality of the situation. Most landlords are terrible, they don't care about their tenants.

Landlords are into making $$$$. Even small landlords who might own a few private homes or small rental buildings, they are all about making money and profits, Landlords are sure not about allowing their tenants to remain in their apartments, or houses, for years and and continue to pay low rents.

I don't know one landlord who would rent a valuable brownstone for 30 years. That's sheer insanity.

by Anonymousreply 542August 7, 2022 10:00 PM

R542 do you live in New York? And did you live in New York in the 90s during the time that Vincent moved into the brownstone in Park Slope? Do you remember what rents and housing costs were post Dinkins and pre-Bloomberg?

by Anonymousreply 543August 8, 2022 3:54 AM

Trollina, I'm a native New Yorker. The only time I've been away from NYC was to attend school in the UK. I sure do know what rents have been "post Dinkins and pre-Bloomberg".

I know people who own lofts in Soho, brownstones in Brooklyn, co-ops in different parts of Manhattan and Queens, others who remain in their Manhattan rentals because their rents are quite low. I know all sorts of people. A friend who paid around $50,000 for a large bare bones Soho loft in the late 1970s has been renting it out for years, he's getting top dollar. He continues to rent out his loft rather than sell, because he doesn't need the money. He lives upstate NY.

Again, no landlord in their right mind would rent out their brownstone for 30 years. Even Brooklyn brownstones now sell for much more than a few million.

by Anonymousreply 544August 8, 2022 4:50 AM

Again, no landlord in their right mind would rent out their brownstone for 30 years. Even Brooklyn brownstones now sell for much more than a few million.

R544 isn't that a moot point since we really don't know the facts in this situation. A

And even if he owns his brownstone does that give him the right to tell other people who may or may not own their brownstone how to live their lives? Does it make any difference whether the couple owns or rents their brownstone

Vincent comes across as entitled as if because he's lived there longer, he has some jurisdiction over others.

It doesn't make a difference whether he owns or rents

by Anonymousreply 545August 8, 2022 5:31 AM

Most leases have a "quiet enjoyment" clause. Nobody should have to justify why they don't want to hear unchecked screaming adults, barking dogs or screaming children, This attention starved couple found a gold mine with the letter this guy wrote them. They are loving the strokes and the bullshit. The reason they are endlessly screaming phony encouragement at their children indicates they crave the same reaction from the world, and now they have their 15 minutes. Tripping over themselves and their faux outrage to post it in some fucking Park Slope mommy group on Facebook and soak up the attention and unqualified support from occupying the same rarefied, entitled space. Yes, the guy who wrote this was bitchy but if they had an ounce of sense, they could have responded politely and considered his right to quiet enjoyment might be worth considering.

by Anonymousreply 546August 11, 2022 4:04 PM

R546 Another moot point. A 'quiet enjoyment clause' in a lease would I assume only pertain to people within the same building which is not the case here. It wouldn't I think pertain to the neighborhood or the world in general. So loud motorcycles, people honking their horns, music coming from cars etcetera would not be covered under that.

by Anonymousreply 547August 11, 2022 10:24 PM

The trolls here are on a roll.

These people obviously don't live in any noisy major city.

by Anonymousreply 548August 13, 2022 2:01 AM

(^.^) if you live in a 'noisy major city' what do you expect? Quiet?

by Anonymousreply 549August 13, 2022 3:12 AM

Only 1 US city is in the top 15. Guess which one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 13, 2022 3:15 AM

In New York City nine out of 10 adults may be exposed to noise levels considered harmful by the EPA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 13, 2022 3:20 AM

Excessive noise is the number one quality of life complaint for New York City residents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 13, 2022 3:23 AM

The sleep act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553August 13, 2022 4:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!