Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miriam Margolyes Accuses Arnold Schwarzenegger Of Farting In Her Face

Actor Miriam Margolyes has total recall of Arnold Schwarzenegger intentionally farting in her face on the set of “End of Days” ― and says she hasn’t forgiven him.

“He farted in my face,” Margolyes claimed on the “I’ve Got News for You” podcast posted Monday. “Now, I fart, of course I do — but I don’t fart in people’s faces. He did it deliberately, right in my face.”

Margolyes, who played Professor Pomona Sprout in a few “Harry Potter” films, said there was nothing magical about working with the “rude” and “full of himself” Schwarzenegger.

In 1999′s “End of Days,” Schwarzenegger plays an ex-cop who tries to stop Satan from spreading his seed as the new millennium nears.

“I was playing Satan’s sister and he was killing me, so he had me in a position where I couldn’t escape and lying on the floor. And he just farted,” Margolyes explained. “It wasn’t on film, it was in one of the pauses, but I haven’t forgiven him for it.”

Maybe we should call him Arnold Fartzenegger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2023 5:39 AM

She's running out of stories.

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2022 4:47 AM

As gross as it is he did this (allegedly), it's kind of creepy and boorish she should talk about this more than twenty years after the fact. She holds grudges for decades and decades against people.

In his memoir, Richard E. Grant said she was really weird around him when they were filming "The Age of Innocence," and that she always wanted to talk about farting with him.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2022 4:47 AM

Austrians love flatulence. as illustrated by their Oompha Pah music

We must respect his native culture. Don't be a bigot like Miriam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2022 4:50 AM

She is promoting the new edition of her book of of anecdotes. She's been making the rounds, retelling the "favorites" as requested. She is not launching a campaign against Ahnold.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2022 5:01 AM

I’m guessing the photo OP used was taken after the alleged incident?

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2022 5:17 AM

I can't stand her - she just constantly rants on about endless slights from 60 years ago.

She hasn't realised that if everyone has a problem with you, then maybe you are the problem?

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2022 5:24 AM

Gross. Women shouldn't talk about that stuff. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2022 5:59 AM

She’s a horrible person. People consider her ‘beloved’ because she’s old and ugly and gets invited on tv to say outrageous things.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2022 6:08 AM

A Brit with no sense of decorum. I am shocked.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2022 6:10 AM

Suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2022 6:15 AM

Her stance on antisemitism is disgusting.

She'll put her name to any Israel/Palestine letter supported by Jew obsessed celebrities and holocaust deniers and defend Jeremy Corbyn, posh anti Jewish tropes herself and then claim to be the victim of antisemitism herself.

Howard Jacobson had this to say about her in an Independent article you that can't be linked to

[quote]Meanwhile, Miriam Margolyes – who could do with a few of Russell Brand’s words, since she has none of her own – is doing her giggly thing about the nature of contemporary anti-Semitism, which she calls “horrible”. “I don’t think people like Jews,” she has just rocked readers of Radio Times by telling them. A judgement she backs up with her usual long sense of history. “They never have. English literature, my great love, is full of greasy and treacherous Jews. I’m lucky they like me, and one always needs a Jewish accountant.”

[quote]Why greasy and treacherous should have been the terms she reached for, when it’s actually hard to think of many Jews in English literature who quite answer to that description and when there are countless writers in English from Shakespeare onwards for whom the Jew is a complex and even heroic figure, is perhaps a question for a psychiatrist. As for her joke about Jewish accountants – why make it if she is concerned about the spread of anti-Semitism, central to whose ideology is the nexus of Jews and money? Couldn’t she have left that one to the Liberal Democrats?

[quote]But if we allow Miriam Margolyes her eternally detested greasy Jew, it’s hard to follow her reasoning that it’s Israel that makes the world detest his greasiness. “Israel is stupid for allowing people to vent their anti-Semitism,” she reasons, which begs the question of the view of Israel which anti-Semitism itself begets, elides all distinctions between Israel as a country and Jews as a people, allows that anti-Semitism is OK until it’s “vented”, and assumes a nation is responsible for the irrational hatred others already bear its citizens. If it’s true that people didn’t like Jews long before there was an Israel – for confirmation of which see her brief history of English literature – then anti-Semitism, vented or otherwise, cannot be blamed on it. The implication of this daffy intervention into matters of serious concern is that they aren’t serious at all: anti-Semitism is simply something Jews bring on themselves.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2022 6:36 AM

She's one to talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2022 6:44 AM

[quote] She'll put her name to any Israel/Palestine letter supported by Jew obsessed celebrities and holocaust deniers and defend Jeremy Corbyn

So speaking generally she is a typical UK luvvy

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2022 6:53 AM

I liked her in Romeo + Juliet.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2022 8:29 AM

Arnold is a homosexual and not overly fond of fish.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2022 8:48 AM

She's a fucking nasty old cunt. Because she's old, people think she's a real card. Well she's not, she's just gross.

She's the equivalent of those horrible loud girls who are 'just putting it out there.'

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2022 9:25 AM

While that sucks, i think Miriam got off easy compared to how Arnold has treated other women on set pre governator.

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2022 10:03 AM

That irrepressible Miriam!! What will she say next???!!!

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2022 10:16 AM

My fav story is the time she accidentally finger-banged Lenny Henry.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2022 10:30 AM

[quote]As gross as it is he did this (allegedly), it's kind of creepy and boorish she should talk about this more than twenty years after the fact.

There's always someone ready to rush in and spin things so that they can point out that the person acting crude or awful is, in fact, the real victim in all this.

She's told this story before. As r4 says, she's doing the rounds, telling old favorite anecdotes, which she's collected in a book.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2022 10:32 AM

It only took ten replies to bring the whole thing back to Corbyn, certain Brits really are insane. He will live rent-free in their heads forever, just like Hillary does in deplorables' heads.

In any case, my favourite anecdote of hers is that she had her first orgasm at age three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2022 10:42 AM

Intestinal GAS is NOT entertainment!

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2022 10:45 AM

Perhaps she deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2022 10:50 AM

REPULSIVE self hating Jewess. A Shonda..

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2022 10:53 AM

She is not a lady.

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2022 11:02 AM

She was inexplicably cast in The Apple …. AND DIDN’T WEAR A BRA!

It was horrible.

Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2022 11:04 AM

[quote]Maybe we should call him Arnold Fartzenegger.

We really shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2022 11:05 AM

90% of the posts in this thread are from one account.

We have a Miriam Margoles-hater troll now?

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2022 11:06 AM

[quote]She's running out of stories.

I should be so lucky to have such stories to run out of.

by Anonymousreply 29July 20, 2022 11:08 AM

Or that time her nipple fell into Maggie Smith's tea.

by Anonymousreply 30July 20, 2022 11:10 AM

Have you ever tried wearing a bra, R26? They’re fucking torture!

There may be other reasons to hate on her, but having to look at actual “unsupported” breasts shouldn’t be one of them (Women have breasts, and they’re not always “perky” and beautiful. Get over it.)

by Anonymousreply 31July 20, 2022 11:13 AM

*Shudder*

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2022 11:16 AM

That's how steroidal, hyper-testosteroned bodybuilders flirt. Marking their territory before making the fjrsr injection. That's how it all started with the housekeeper: one big, luscious fart.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2022 11:22 AM

I find this woman exhausting.

I guess some people enjoy old ladies who say "edgey" stuff.

I'm not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2022 11:35 AM

I thought she was hungry 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2022 11:40 AM

She's just another celebrity narcissist who happens to be very ugly and therefore goes to extremes with her personality as she could never gain attention from her looks. She is a decent character actress, and I have found her amusing in smaller doses, but the more exposure I have to her the less I like her.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2022 11:42 AM

Isn’t that what plastic surgery is for?

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2022 12:23 PM

He deliberately farted in her face. That is ASSAULT.

It's obvious she is still traumatized by this violence.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2022 1:48 AM

Nasty twat! She was my inspiration for "Smelly Cat."

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2022 1:57 AM

Just saw Miriam as the nursing home nurse in "The Lives and Loves of a She-Devil".

Replaced in the movie by Linda Hunt who is more than half her size.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2022 1:58 AM

She's the poor man's Shelley Winters.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2022 1:59 AM

Literal flatulence.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2022 2:11 AM

[quote] There's always someone ready to rush in and spin things so that they can point out that the person acting crude or awful is, in fact, the real victim in all this.

"the real victim"??

Oh, FFS [italic]Mary.[/italic]

Maybe she should file a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2022 2:26 AM

It was the fact it was a Nazi fart that made it so offensive, but they scrubbed that out of the story.

After all, she does have an OBE.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2022 2:58 AM

Yes. People here defend Schwarzenegger, one of the foulest, craven pigs on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2022 2:59 AM

Pffft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2022 4:22 AM

I can’t be the one who starts another Margolyes post…and it may already exist.

“I was hit all day by doors opening in my face; repeatedly punched, slapped and knocked down by an unlovely and unapologetic Steve Martin – perhaps he was method acting – and came home grumpy with a splitting headache.”

When I first read Miriam Margolyes’ pejorative account of our scene in Little Shop of Horrors, I was surprised. My memory is that we had a good communication as professional actors. But when it is implied that I harmed her or was in some way careless about doing the stunts, I have to object. I remember taking EXTREME caution regarding the fake punch – the same caution I would use with any similar scene. She assured me she felt fine, and we did a few successful takes and stopped. There was never any physical contact between her and me, accidental or otherwise, in this scene or any other we shot.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2023 5:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!