Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

40 year old British man dies on holiday in Italy and his partner is seriously injured as erotic game goes wrong

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2022 10:07 PM

Quit doing weird shit to get off! Dummies!

by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2022 11:36 PM

Useless without his photos.

by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2022 11:37 PM

This is WEIRD. What did they do in order to end up gravely injured with deep cuts and bruises all over their bodies? Also, what had they ingested in order to be in "high spirits" at 2 o'clock in the morning?

This sounds like drugs and alcohol were involved and caused what appeared to be an erotic game to spiral out of control in the worst possible way.

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2022 11:39 PM

erotic, erotic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2022 11:40 PM

Why does it say "apotheke" - "pharmacy" in German - on a sign in Florence, Italy? Could Germans really not be expected to figure out what "farmacia" means?

Then again, we have "farmacia" signs all over the place in America, and you'd think Spanish-speakers could make the leap from pharmacy to farmacia.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2022 11:46 PM

If you're going to play depraved erotic games, especially those that involve blood or the danger of death, please have the courtesy to do them in your own home. We don't want to clean up your disgusting mess, you perverts.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2022 11:50 PM

It's Florence, they've seen it all. They'll have the room cleaned and ready for the next guests on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2022 11:57 PM

A Daily Beast article mentions the possibility of a heart attack and links to the article below, translation courtesy of Google Translate:

[quote]Numerous traces of blood were found in the room and it is not excluded that the organic liquid is linked to an erotic game. The death of the 41-year-old, however, as reported up to now, would have occurred due to a heart attack. The autopsy exam will also clarify whether any substances have been consumed or there has been alcohol abuse.

[quote]A room cleaner would have given the alarm after finding the man's partner in the corridor: she had lost a lot of blood. The woman, brought to the Careggi hospital for the serious injuries found, in the late morning regained consciousness of her thus excluding the danger of life.

[quote]On the dynamics, the investigators of the mobile team are carrying out investigations because it is not yet clear what happened. Tomorrow the agents, if the 45-year-old is in condition, given that she is hospitalized in the intensive care of Careggi, will speak with her to clarify what happened. ( last updated at 15:30 )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2022 12:01 AM

Wtf kind of erotic game nearly kills both participants?

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2022 12:05 AM

Probably some asphyxiation involved as well.

by Anonymousreply 10July 17, 2022 12:11 AM

R7 if they bother to clean it at all.

by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2022 12:21 AM

R7, I see. Well, you know, I’m American. When I think “place to go for sexual escapades”, Florence is not the first city to come to mind. Cancun, Cabo, the Caribbean, and of course our homegrown sexytime capitals like Las Vegas and Miami … sure. Florence is for old people on that long-awaited European tour or young feckless wanderers putting off deciding what to do with their lives.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2022 12:43 AM

R11 You've never been to Florence.

by Anonymousreply 13July 17, 2022 12:44 AM

From the DM article:

[quote]A source said: ‘The woman had raised the alarm after a chambermaid knocked on the door but some of the guests had already called reception to report shouting and banging coming from the room.’

[...]

[quote]There were also unconfirmed reports in the Italian media the man who died was an 'amateur league' rugby player.

How many amateur rugby leagues are there in Manchester?

by Anonymousreply 14July 17, 2022 12:46 AM

Was she dressed up like Helena Bonham Carter?

by Anonymousreply 15July 17, 2022 12:49 AM

I blame Amanda Knox

by Anonymousreply 16July 17, 2022 12:51 AM

[quote]Florence is for old people on that long-awaited European tour or young feckless wanderers putting off deciding what to do with their lives.

The majority of tourism to Florence is European. Germany being number 1. The city gets about 30 million tourists a year.

by Anonymousreply 17July 17, 2022 12:52 AM

Spin the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 18July 17, 2022 12:54 AM

I blame any adjacent black men.

by Anonymousreply 19July 17, 2022 12:59 AM

He saw a light in the piazza, and he had to go!

by Anonymousreply 20July 17, 2022 1:00 AM

The light was in his loafers.

by Anonymousreply 21July 17, 2022 1:12 AM

Why on earth is this international news?

by Anonymousreply 22July 17, 2022 1:15 AM

R19 is a websleuth frau who won't admit she was wrong about Knox

by Anonymousreply 23July 17, 2022 1:22 AM

Sounds more like a fight than an "erotic game"

by Anonymousreply 24July 17, 2022 1:22 AM

Poor Cousin Charlotte!

by Anonymousreply 25July 17, 2022 1:28 AM

Maybe that's a "swish" hotel for a Manchester estate agent, but it's a non-descript modern building of no distinction inside or out. The only impression the interior gives of of lots of white sheets and sift furnishings. £325 doesn't buy a lot of luxury in Florence.

It looks like one of those hotel options from a flight+hotel booking, one where instead of a supplemental charge of +£517 or +£2570, it's a -£320 kickback from the base price.

by Anonymousreply 26July 17, 2022 1:46 AM

*and soft furnishings

by Anonymousreply 27July 17, 2022 1:47 AM

[Quote]Wtf kind of erotic game nearly kills both participants?

Reciprocal domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 28July 17, 2022 2:00 AM

r24 I suspect someone in the police force has given the media some form of a tip for it to be classed as an erotic game.

by Anonymousreply 29July 17, 2022 2:09 AM

The Continentale is one of the hotels owned by the Ferragamo family.

by Anonymousreply 30July 17, 2022 2:18 AM

People intent on this sort of activity - of the sort in which Miss Manners herself would never engage - should understand etiquette requires the employment of a splatter guard (or 'shower curtain' in the vernacular) which fully wraps the participants as they carry on with their nonsense in the tub. The frequency of this situation in query after query disturbs my equilibrium.

by Anonymousreply 31July 17, 2022 2:23 AM

Has the headboard been ruled out as a suspect?

by Anonymousreply 32July 17, 2022 4:49 AM

Why did you say “Florence, Italy”, R5? Can Americans really not be expected to figure out that you weren’t referring to Florence, Alabama or Florence, South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 33July 17, 2022 5:19 AM

You don't want to kill the bottom. Killing the bottom pretty much ends the ability to play with them again.

by Anonymousreply 34July 17, 2022 5:28 AM

[quote]The Continentale is one of the hotels owned by the Ferragamo family.

It looks like a middling fat farm, or avself-,proclaimed 5-star Asian massage parlor. The lobby is all kitschy motifs: sliced and diced bold silhouettes of Audrey Hepburn (like 4 out of 5 AirBnB apartments trying to show how chic their Ikea furnished flat is,), a hanging (too high) Sixties style wicker chair and a tape loop of classic Italian films.

With the description of the messy scene, I expect they had ti start again with much of the room as they are principally white cotton. I get that it is contemporary, but contemporary doesn't have to look like a white sale in a department store basement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 17, 2022 9:30 AM

Children shouldn't play with knives.

by Anonymousreply 36July 17, 2022 10:15 AM

Middle age and the boxset of 50 Shades of Grey do not mix, either on holiday or at home.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2022 10:22 AM

Those bawdy tossers, what did they shove up their arses this time?

by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2022 10:27 AM

I cannot BELIEVE the kink-shaming going on here. LOVE IS LOVE, even when it ends in negligent homicide.

by Anonymousreply 39July 17, 2022 10:28 AM

Sadly, the fish survived.

by Anonymousreply 40July 17, 2022 10:32 AM

How are they NOT considering this an attack by a third party?

by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2022 10:54 AM

Whatever the game was she won.

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2022 11:07 AM

R42 that depends on what the goal was.

Maybe he had the best orgasm of his life in that last minute.

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2022 11:13 AM

r41

I guess the room was locked from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2022 11:16 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2022 11:23 AM

Can someone explain it to me as though I am a two year-old? What, exactly, would they have been doing that could cause injuries that require hospitalization? I get the heart attack, but the blood stuff? And, whatever it is, if that’s your thing, do you only do it once a year? If sex ends with injuries that require overnight hospitalization how do you even hold down a job?

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2022 11:44 AM

If he had been playing with us instead of a foul-smelling stinkfish he would be alive and happy today!

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2022 11:49 AM

The rooftop bar of the Continentale is a great place to (Eurotrash) People Watch.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2022 12:39 PM

Was he hot?

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2022 12:44 PM

More hot adjacent

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2022 12:44 PM

People rarely die of seizures.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2022 12:48 PM

The "article" is hilariously overcooked. Talk about purple. A workaday hotel, and some nobodies had a fight and one ends up dead, the other hospitalized.

Reclaiming my time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2022 12:53 PM

Stinkfish are deadly!

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2022 12:57 PM

Well, he died doing something he loved...i suppose.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2022 1:09 PM

Looks to have been a fat, stupid fucker.

by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2022 1:11 PM

I blame Stanley Kubrick and Tom&Nicole! Did they find the masks, they might be able to trace who purchased them?

by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2022 1:14 PM

One source called the hotel “swish,” while another called it “posh,” why don’t we use these identifiers for hotels, what are the others and what is the range and scale?

by Anonymousreply 57July 17, 2022 1:17 PM

Why do the Brits always refer to their local rugby and “football” teams as “clubs” and not just teams?

by Anonymousreply 58July 17, 2022 1:18 PM

[quote]Why do the Brits always refer to their local rugby and “football” teams as “clubs” and not just teams?

Football and rugby clubs are the organisation as a whole - the team is just the players who go out onto the pitch.

When a club sign a new player it's the club signing him or her, not the team.

The dead man has been named as Ricky Bibey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 17, 2022 2:04 PM

R59 OK, so what is the US equivalent?

by Anonymousreply 60July 17, 2022 2:29 PM

[quote][R59] OK, so what is the US equivalent?

You mean football clubs who play in Major League Soccer like LA Galaxy, New York Red Bulls, Colorado Rapids and Inter Miami, who are all football (soccer) clubs?

Go to their websites and you'll see them define themselves as clubs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 17, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote] Spin the bottle.

Oh I get it. The bottle broke. Johnny Depp wasn't playing , was he?

by Anonymousreply 62July 17, 2022 2:49 PM

Maybe they were doing that one thing. You know, that thing people do. That! You’re on a boat and chumming and when a great white shark comes around you have sex and, when you’re both about to cum, you roll off the deck into the water. It’s best if the shark swallows you both and bites down at the exact moment of orgasm. Wild!

by Anonymousreply 63July 17, 2022 3:00 PM

The Ferragamo family also owns the nearby Portrait Hotel. It's also in a nondescript late 1950s building, but it's one of the best hotels in the city. That area of Florence was bombed out during WWII and rebuilt in the '50s.

by Anonymousreply 64July 17, 2022 5:05 PM

Thanks R64. The Portrait does look much nicer than the Continentale; it has the same spa aesthetic, but it's the details...the rooms are fitted out a little more thoughtfully and more luxuriously. The white on white luxury spa look doesn't connect for me, but I can see the Portrait is a nicer property than the one where the messy deed was done. The Portrait makes some reliable lists: Condé Nast top 20, etc. whereas the Continentale doesn't. My only point in bitching about the place (outside of the pleasure of bitching about the place) was that in a city with many luxury choices, grand old classics in top order and some striking modern interiors within historic architecture, the Continentale --outside its roof terrace-- doesn't look much better than a quality airport hotel, or the mid-range boutique hotel in a city without a lot of choices. Regardless of the Ferragamo family fortunes, it's quite an ordinary looking hotel to me.

by Anonymousreply 65July 17, 2022 6:03 PM

R64 The German who was charged with blowing up the Ponte Vecchio, had a change of conscience and couldn’t bring himself to do it. Instead he blew up the buildings up to and leading to the bridge to make it all but impassable and saved the bridge. All the other bridges of Florence were destroyed. I’ve always wondered if the Germans court martialed him for that decision, but it worked, the bridge survived as did it during the great flood.

by Anonymousreply 66July 17, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote]Regardless of the Ferragamo family fortunes, it's quite an ordinary looking hotel to me.

And the prices they charge reflect that.

The Continentale is a very good deal. In the center of town. Along the Arno.

I worked with the design team of The Portrait. There was talk of the Continentale getting a makeover but so far that hasn't happened.

by Anonymousreply 67July 17, 2022 6:36 PM

R65 BTW: all of the furniture you see for The Portrait was custom designed and made locally and exclusively for the hotel. Nothing was bought from suppliers.

by Anonymousreply 68July 17, 2022 6:41 PM

The Germans did not blow up anything in Italy, moron r66 if anything was blown up it was done by the USA/British and blamed on the Germans

by Anonymousreply 69July 17, 2022 6:43 PM

A humiliating way too die with the media reporting it so far and wide.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2022 3:25 AM

OMG

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2022 5:10 AM

[quote]OMG

Dyatlov, right?

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2022 9:06 PM

What were they doing?

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2022 9:29 PM

Apparently the autopsy was delayed due to family reasons, but now that it has been performed it confirmed he died of a heart attack (according to the Sun). The last footage of him below with another couple heading to the hotel room, do you think it was drug related then if it was a heart attack?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2022 7:47 PM

I hope our Gay boys in Italy, Richard, Froy and Connor, are safe!

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2022 10:19 PM

I would others were involved who ran away when it went bad. How long can two people cut themselves without becoming incapacitated before the fun part starts?

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2022 11:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2022 5:23 PM

R77, that's terrible. The woman was the victim of abuse.

As with American football players, they're finding that many rugby players experience cognitive failure, anger management difficulties, CTE, and other problems because of the number of concussions and like injuries. I wonder if this was at the root of Bibey's abusive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote] seriously injured as erotic game goes wrong

Is that the new board game from Mattel?

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2022 6:21 PM

What was the game, Catch the machete?!

by Anonymousreply 80August 3, 2022 1:43 AM

[quote]It sounds like he would have killed her if he hadn't had the heart attack.

After reading that it sounds like if he hadn't killed her that night it would have happened eventually.

Imagine someone having a heart attack & dying while they're trying to kill you, are you expected to publicly express sadness and mourn their death? Do you tell the family that they had demons so you understand and hold no ill will against them or can you be honest? Is it socially acceptable to be relieved?

by Anonymousreply 81August 3, 2022 10:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!