Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A DL dream comes true! Whitney Houston and Phyllis Hyman DID MEET! Story below

the guy talking is a songwriter who knew both women. He says 1 of his last conversations with Whitney was about Phyllis. Whitney said when she was signed to Arista, there was a big party for the label's artists. Whitney arrived and saw Phyllis sitting tall on a stool. Whitney was brought over by someone to meet Phyllis. Phyllis looked her up an down, got off the stool, walked around her then sat down and said "so you're the one?". Whitney looked her back in the eye and said "umm hmm I'm the one!". Then Phyllis said people aren't going to like that we know each other but gave her her number if she needed advice. Whitney did call her when she was going on her first tour and Phyllis took her calls as a mentor.

Damn I would have LOVED to have seen this filmed lol 2 of the most beautiful and talented singers meeting. Phyllis was about to depart the label while Whitney was just getting started. I love how Phyllis gave her attitude but then respected Whitney being confident and they ended up in a positive space

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 2:34 AM

Op are you the Phyllis super fan? This was a sweet story

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2022 2:09 AM

R1 yes I'm most certainly a Phyllis superfan. Everyone should be. She should have been a superstar

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2022 2:14 AM
by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2022 9:54 PM

Phyllis' gf ended up raising a child with Phyllis' manager, also a woman.

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2022 1:12 PM

In her book, Robyn Crawford said that Phyllis was one of her favorite artists and that she and Whitney would listen to her music. Phyllis Hyman is, and has always been, so beloved by soul music connoisseurs.

by Anonymousreply 5August 1, 2022 4:21 AM

Phyllis Hyman should've been a big star, she was a major talent. Unfortunately she was also very troubled.

by Anonymousreply 6August 1, 2022 4:38 AM

Missing Phyllis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2023 2:23 AM

Maybe Phyllis would have been a bigger star if she started her career in the early/mid-90s versus the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2023 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!