Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unsolved Mystery: Amy Billig

Anyone in the '70s recalls this?

I was reading Edna Buchanan's account of the incident in The Corpse Had a Familiar Face and the whole thing panned out like a waking nightmare for the parents: daughter lost, mother fraternizing with the bikers to search for the daughter, years of harassment calls by a deranged ex-cop, parents died without finding their daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2022 10:46 AM

ETA: Strong cinematic potential in this but I'm glad Hollywood wasn't cashing in out of respect for the family.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2022 8:22 AM

Very interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2022 8:36 AM

I remember that one from Unsolved Mysteries. Sad story; I really felt for the mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2022 8:56 AM

I remember this happening. I felt so sorry for her poor mother.

I didn't know her parents had died. RIP probably for all three of them.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2022 8:59 AM

The girl is probably dead, otherwise she would have called her mom already as she was abducted when she was 17, not a small kid.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2022 9:13 AM

Each theory sounds so plausible. The Hank one is probably it.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2022 10:43 AM

R4 I think the son is still alive and looking for his sister.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2022 10:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!