Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Phillips - Victim of Romance (1977)

Michelle Phillips' first and only solo album ( ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶c̶r̶o̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶).

Has anyone on DL listened to this album? What did you think of it?

Cover shot by Terry O'Neill but we're not really interested in him. He's a BIG BIG liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2023 2:40 PM

The title track.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2022 7:16 PM

Who did the Shoop Shoop song better: Michelle or Cher?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2022 8:24 PM

It's beautiful California Pop Music.

by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2023 11:04 PM

She did a decent job with a song, Forever, that appeared on the 1978 California Dreamin movie soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2023 11:30 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that's a terrible cover shot? O'Neill must have been in a particularly rough patch with Faye.

by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2023 11:37 PM

Not a great cover shot, R5, but I suspect she was trying to show off that she still had a girlish figure at thirty-five, or however old she was, without making it look like she was trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2023 11:46 PM

Would've been great if she was able to show what talent was hidden as the pretty-faced glorified backup of TMATP. Alas..... She was an incredibly beautiful woman and seemed (seems) like a firecracker, lived a hell of a life.

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2023 4:10 PM

[quote]Am I the only one who thinks that's a terrible cover shot?

It really is awful. You can't even tell it's Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2023 4:23 PM

She's kind of out of it now, if her appearances on daughter Chynna's YT Channel are any indication, but yeah Mama Michelle was truly at the forefront of much of the 60's into the 70's Hollywood action. She went from Beatty to Nicholson, was pals with Sharon Tate and friends around the time of the murders, had to endure Mia Farrow ( a fake friend to her) try to steal John Phillips from her, right after giving birth to Chynna, and was friends with an older girl whose father may have murdered The Black Dahlia. She also fought to get John's son Tam, away from him and his addict wife, when they were at their worst with addiction. Oh, she was at Altamont, too with Mick Jaeger. She wrote a relatively sweet version of the M&P's heyday, in 1986. She needs a warts and all tell all about the rest. s

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2023 11:32 PM

She maintained her beauty for a hell of a long time. Loved the magazine covers of her outshining her daughter from the 80s and early 90s. She even looked good in a TMATP doc from the early 2000s. But when she hit the wall, she hit it hard.

by Anonymousreply 10September 12, 2023 2:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!