Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brandon Flowers on Pet Shop Boys

Our favorite Vegas mormon looking very cherubic and gay faced in this footage; just before before he butched up, I believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 27, 2023 10:46 AM

Butched up…moi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2022 7:04 PM

r1 he's quite handsome. He has very shifty eyes, implying he'd hiding a secret.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2022 7:05 PM

He is definition of crazy eyes. And it's hilarious how he struggled with word "gay". And sad.

I give him credit for admitting he likes PSB and performing with them several times. He was great during their epic Brits medley.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2022 7:08 PM

Mormon Republican who steals middling Britpop and Springsteen. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2022 7:24 PM

I think I never saw him look genuinely happy. He always has this tense look on his face.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2022 1:10 PM

r5 yes, he seems very highly strung.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2022 1:37 PM

This guy is such a tool. Richard Dawkins tore him a new one. He almost cried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2022 1:59 PM

How many kids does he have? He is always on tour.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2022 2:26 PM

Lol at R7.

Wow, I thought that Brandon Flowers was smarter than that.

I genuinely feel bad for him that he's so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2022 2:39 PM

I've always had a crush on Brandon Flowers.

Too bad he's brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2022 1:50 AM

He is very attractive, great face, great style. But there is something off-putting about him. I think he is extremely unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2022 3:49 AM

Love his covers of "Bette Davis Eyes" and "Girls Just Want To Have Fun." He's got a playful side.

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2022 3:54 AM

He's gorgeous and I love his interviews. He's intelligent, funny and seems very sweet. I appreciate he's an ally and liberal. Most Mormons have dead-inside eyes and big fake smiles. They're always overcompensating. He's definitely been with guys before. His family probably arranged a marriage for him.

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2022 6:56 PM

where is the pic of Brandon all butched up ?

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2022 7:01 PM

I'm not getting the "gorgeous": I think he looks like a dentist. Or an accountant.

But I appreciate his Pet Shop Boys fandom, regardless. They were/are brilliant and fun.

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2022 7:18 PM

I really wish I had a dentist who looked like him. I'd wouldn't dread going nearly as much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2022 7:23 PM

R16 was his last blast before heading into beef-jerky territory as he began frantically trying to keep a lid on his wife and sisters, erase every trace of Nephi-fat-boy from his system, and still show up to teach Sunday school every week. He's miserable in a way that's unique to Utah.

by Anonymousreply 17August 29, 2022 7:44 PM

He's cute. Intelligent? Never seen it.

by Anonymousreply 18August 29, 2022 9:18 PM

I just find it odd a straight Mormon would be hugely into glam/new wave artists and would especially be vocally supportive of gays. LDS is not exactly gay-friendly or androgynous friendly. Some of The Killers songs touch on homosexuality and homophobia. I think he has to be at least bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 19August 29, 2022 11:17 PM

I'd like to see him in his magic underwear.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2022 12:05 AM

Didn't he have a mental breakdown due to his wife's health problems? I think he went further into his religion after that. He probably feels guilty about all those dicks he sucks. I think he'll come out once he's old. They always do.

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2022 4:52 AM

Tana has mental-health issues, which is not surprising considering the childhood she survived (and I'm not using "survived" to be dramatic). Brandon's mother took her in when they started dating and that's how Tana ended up converting and becoming TBM while Brandon was out doing rockstar things.

Brandon has generational addiction issues. He's active LDS because he believes that's the thing that can keep his urges in check, just as the testimonies of his active family members all involve Brandon's father's alcoholism going *Poof!* the second he was baptized. Daddy has the same veneers, FYI. It must have been a two-for-one deal.

Tana's brother, Torey, tours with The Killers. For a while—maybe still, I don't know—because Brandon is terrified of his face looking fat in photos, Torey was one of only two people authorized to photograph him from the stage or the fenced-in section for professional photographers. Brandon would go through them after every show and pick the ones he'd allow to be released.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2022 7:18 AM

OP, "I Can Change", featuring both Neil Tennant and Jimmy Somerville, is an anthem for the closeted, if ever I've heard one.

by Anonymousreply 23August 30, 2022 9:43 AM

R22 Wow he sounds severely fucked up. They cling to that religion as a crutch for their mental issues. Sad. And it's almost cliche, the drug addict who finds religion and ends up addicted to it.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2022 10:59 AM

This single was so good. I love his Desired Effect solo album. It seems he went full-time religious now even going back to Utah and that will limit his ability to be creative and subversive. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2022 11:05 PM

The acoustic version is even better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2022 11:33 PM

I wish he wasn't so fucked up mentally. He's a former fattie and closet case. So neurotic and anorexic. But he's talented musically and we may have been spared Harry Styles had he kept up the synthpop/folk solo act.

by Anonymousreply 27September 3, 2022 5:22 PM

He's so conflicted. He must have an ulcer the size of a grapefruit from the stress of it all.

by Anonymousreply 28September 3, 2022 5:24 PM

He's entering Sad Last Days. Going hardcore Mormon and denying his sexuality further. The mainstream LDS church still refuses to respect gays and lesbians as valid and Mormons can't just pick and choose especially in this time. Just like Catholics who still support their church which is homophobic too. It's not like the many Protestant branches that vary on views about gay rights and gay marriage. Mormons and Catholic/Orthodox have to follow a doctrine.

by Anonymousreply 29September 3, 2022 5:52 PM

They totally fucked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 3, 2022 5:56 PM

Brendan Urie left the Mormon cult and is openly a slutty bisexual. He seems happier too.

by Anonymousreply 31September 3, 2022 6:08 PM

He should at least be like Dan Reynolds and be an ally of the gay community

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 3, 2022 6:10 PM

Brandon has voiced support for gay rights though. But my issue is he still affiliates with the LDS Church which isn't supportive of gays and in fact encourages forms of gay conversion. I'm sick of "love the sinner not the sin" bullshit. People can't just pick and choose like this. He hasn't actually done anything besides make gay-coded music and say he loves everyone. He wants to be a gay icon but he's not doing enough.

R32 Yes he's a true ally by actually challenging the LDS and calling out homophobic Mormons by creating that documentary, putting together a music festival to support gays and funding an LGBT shelter. Brandon hasn't done that, he just says "I love gays and have gay friends"

by Anonymousreply 33September 3, 2022 6:24 PM

R30

Neil is too old. He is not interested in sex.

by Anonymousreply 34September 4, 2022 6:04 AM

R22

What happened in his wife's childhood?

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2022 7:58 AM

Without going into detail, exactly the kind of childhood you'd expect when a 16-year-old has a baby and feels nothing but resentment. Who then makes the worst choices possible re: lifestyle and "boyfriends," and vanishes at will, e.g., little kids wander around sketchy apartment complex asking if anyone has seen their mom. She's gone. No one had, because she had taken off to Japan to work as a Madonna impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2022 10:42 AM

R36

Wow. How do you know all that? It happened before she met Brandon? And tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2022 11:12 AM

Is Brandon really devout or just going along to support his unstable wife? Loving a mentally ill person is clearly exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 38September 9, 2022 9:25 PM

He always looks so tortured. Truly unhappy person.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2022 10:11 AM

He was obviously in over his head--and knew it--thus the stammering. The thing about people like Dawkins is they're egomaniacs and do NOT suffer people who they don't consider "Peers." In fact, they're tortured by having to communicate with the plebians. Some are really good at hiding it and others can barely maintain their composure.

ALSO? Science vs Religion? You KNOW who's gonna lose that debate EVERY TIME. I think poor Brandon was looking around for a quick exit the second Dawkins started talking.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2022 10:52 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2022 11:35 AM

It sounds like Killers are always on tour. It's very exhausting life. Do they really need money so badly.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2022 1:29 PM

I recently saw his wife's picture. Is she much older than him? They both have crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2022 4:33 AM

Men with low self-esteem tend to attract mentally unstable partners. Tale as old as time. Also Brandon being Mormon and getting more religious than ever, he will never leave her.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2022 9:54 AM

This song from the first Killers album was about Brandon's high school crush on a jock who bullied him named Andy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2023 9:21 PM

I love Brandon Flowers. I’m always attracted to sweet seeming religious guys though.

by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2023 9:35 PM

He's been eating his suppressed feelings.

by Anonymousreply 47February 26, 2023 9:35 PM

"Hauling me over to Captain Smith's table like some picked up floozy! Or one of those steerage girls, out to give the stewards a good night on board. I may as well have the 'Property of White Star Line' tattoeed on my backside!!! Damn it, TITANIC is MY ship!!!"

by Anonymousreply 48February 27, 2023 10:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!