Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gene Simmons

What do we think of this now elder statesman of Rock? Never paid much attention to any of them as far as personal lives but always figured he was a shit.

Late to the party as always I saw some of his reality show and thought he came across as a good father and far more good humored than I expected. Not sure how his partner put up with all the infidelity for years but she knew what she was getting into, I suppose.

Kudos to him for no drug or alcohol problems.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2022 3:38 AM

I thought she was very good in her two-part guest spot on Murder, She Wrote as mystery writer Eudora McVeigh.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2022 5:30 PM

Respect for anyone that can pimp themselves out as much as he has with KISS.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2022 5:53 PM

Their kids seem very normal and grounded.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2022 5:57 PM

Totie Fields outed Simmons as Jewish in 1974 on the Mike Douglas Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2022 6:06 PM

Probably has syphilis.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2022 6:06 PM

I really hate Gene Simmons. As in, I won’t listen to KISS, I avoid anything where he’s mentioned. It’s visceral. And weird. Because I used to watch the show he and his family were in and liked it. Maybe it was the Terry Gross interview and everything that followed-he’s sexist, a serial cheater, arrogant, etc. But so are most guys in old rock bands…but something about him just really, deeply irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2022 6:14 PM

I saw him treat Cher like crap in a bookshop.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2022 6:28 PM

He admits to being an arrogant prick but like most men he mellowed out with age. He and Shannon seemed to have a fairly normal "marriage" and came across just like any other couple.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2022 6:35 PM

Details R7.

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2022 6:36 PM

His son Nick inherited the tongue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2022 6:42 PM

Racist against non Jews, essentially.

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2022 6:47 PM

OMG R4 thanks for this...my friend and I still talk about Totie Fields..he mentioned her the other day...how timely.

Gotta love this clip!

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2022 7:00 PM

r11 It's not true, they had been accused of antisemitism before. But, let's see what you have to say...

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2022 7:04 PM

About as Jewish as they come...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2022 8:16 PM

As is Paul Stanley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2022 8:17 PM

His mother’s story is here. Gene knew almost nothing of her past in Europe. She never told him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2022 8:21 PM

Wow, Totie was a DLer with her facial expressions (eye roll at Gene). She was Jewish as well, birth name Sophie Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2022 8:23 PM

His leaked sex tape was so cringeworthy. He left his socks on, the girl wasn’t wet or into him. He’d try to kiss her and she kept turning her head away while chewing gum. It was mechanical—him to get off and her bragging rights. If I recall correctly, Foreigner was playing the background.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2022 8:28 PM

He didn't smoke, drink, or drug. He was all about the money. Names our Miss Ross as being one of his three great loves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2022 8:49 PM

Says it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2022 8:52 PM

He’s a piece of shit who thinks he knows it all. He also said that Adam Lambert should have stayed in the closet and should have kept his sexuality to himself (mind you this is the guy who has bragged about fucking countless women).

Can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2022 9:02 PM

You may not like his music, but you have admire his ambition.

Born Chaim Witz who spoke no English emigrating to the states to become one of the singer if the biggest rock bands in the world.

Take that Hagdonna!

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2022 9:07 PM

I don’t have to admire anything you shitwad.

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2022 9:31 PM

[quote]to become one of the singer if the biggest rock bands in the world.

Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2022 10:06 PM

Some people will stan for anyone with two more dollars than them.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2022 3:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!