Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Angela Lansbury’s Gay First Husband Had This To Say About Her

Cromwell made just one statement to the press regarding his wife of nine months and one of her habits: "All over the house, tea bags. In the middle of the night she'd get up and start drinking tea. It nearly drove me crazy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2022 7:40 AM

Damn! Miss Thing can get it!!

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2022 6:26 AM

And yet, she never once complained about all the tea bagging he did. Even when he got up in the middle of the night to do it. At least her tea bags didn’t beat her up afterward in a back alley and take her wallet.

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2022 6:28 AM

"Tea" = neat whiskey.

To cope with having a gay husband and not getting any dick.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2022 6:34 AM

If only leaving tea bags all over the place was most couples main problem.

These rich entitled people have such mundane problems. zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2022 6:57 AM

Maybe it was like the child in the M. Night movie with the glasses of water and it kept the aliens away?

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2022 8:21 AM

Didn't she nurse him when he was dying? Or was that DeHavilland?

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2022 7:12 PM

Or was *what* De Havilland?

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2022 7:39 PM

Was it Livvy who cared for her dying ex-husband? I know Angie was still friends with Richard after, as she had sexy Peter

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2022 7:47 PM

It sounded like you meant Olivia nursed Richard Cromwell.

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote]All over the house, tea bags.

Well, it's not like she get any teabagging from him...

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2022 7:52 PM

R9 I realised that after I posted!

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2022 7:55 PM

R11 That's okay, I figured it out after I posted!

I think he made a Freudian slip. He said "She left teabags all over the house" when he really meant to say "I was gay and her being a woman turned me off sexually."

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2022 7:58 PM

A proper English lady would not use teabags.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2022 7:58 PM

Angela was a fool to turn down Nurse Ratched and that lesbian

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2022 8:14 PM

Vjolo

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2022 8:15 PM

Cromwell was a hottie when he was younger

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2022 8:16 PM

Angela liked the handsome boys. Her husbands were actually better looking than her.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2022 8:19 PM

It's a disgrace she never got an Emmy

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2022 8:37 PM

No more teabags - EVER!

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2022 8:58 PM

My mother drove us stark raving mad with her tea drinking all throughout childhood, she would fuss and get into this little theatric endeavor over drinking tea. She drank a dozen a day.

All the posturing over picking a flavor, tap tap tapping her finger nail on the side of the bag to settle the grinds, the maddening noise of a spoon clacking on ceramic cup, waiting for it to cool off, the slurping. It would take her well over an hour to finish- we’d have to stop anything we were doing and wait for her. She did this at restaurants too.

I’m convinced all the acidity wore her teeth down to blackened nubs. MARY!

We won’t let her anywhere near a teabag in the nursing home!

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2022 9:18 PM

R20 you should be happy such she was engrossed by such prosiac things.

She could have been downing whiskey and smacking your asses in between slugs.

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2022 9:54 PM

Still a better wife than Linda Lavin.

by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2022 9:59 PM

Angela was 19 and Cromwell 35 when they entered into their short lived marriage. Angela has described herself as too young and immature to have been married but she said it was a learning experience for both of them. After their divorce, they remained not only friends but very close friends until Cromwell's death in 1960.

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2022 10:19 PM

And yes, he was gay but still struggling to understand it during their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2022 10:22 PM

I knew she was a tea bagging bitch.

You should have seen Peter's imitation of her.

by Anonymousreply 25July 12, 2022 10:33 PM

Angela was very pretty when she was younger. She's often said she's a simple, practical woman who enjoys keeping house, cooking, gardening.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2022 7:19 AM

She was attractive and when she was all made up and lit properly, she looked good. After all, she started in movies at 18 and was at her best in her early years. But in regular lighting she looked like she always has looked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2022 7:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!