Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Taylor. Is she really the most beautiful woman ever ?

Not just in Hollywood but everywhere. I think she is. Who else compares to her in Hollywood or otherwise ?

Let's discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2023 9:32 AM

No, and she had a lousy figure.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2022 6:12 PM

Mein Pharaoh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2022 6:12 PM

r2 what ?

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2022 6:25 PM

I found her beautiful, but sexier than beautiful. Sort of like Marilyn. I find Audrey Hepburn, Vivien Leigh, Hedy Lammar, Gene Tierney more technically beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2022 6:41 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2022 12:42 AM

No one cares

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2022 12:44 AM

"Ava is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.".. Elizabeth Taylor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2022 1:07 AM

I’ve always wanted to see a photo of Elizabeth without makeup, particularly eye makeup. No, not that photo of her in the turban, her eyes are still made up. This is the closest I’ve found. Still gorgeous but definitely dialed down, a little different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 24, 2022 8:04 PM

Vivien for instance was XXXXtimes more beautiful, and many more. Taylor had great publicists. She had beautiful eyes, but she was not all that. Even Natalie had better facial structure and a better figure. Plus Taylor had a bad nose job after Ivanohe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 24, 2022 8:07 PM

There is absolutely no way to know if she was the most beautiful woman EVER, but she definitely was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 10September 24, 2022 8:09 PM

R8 i actually find that photo so much more charming and beautiful than all of her made up looks.

Anyway, I always thought Ava Gardner and Natassja Kinski were the most beautiful famous women. Taylor was certainly gorgeous though.

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2022 8:10 PM

Did y’all know there was also an author named Elizabeth Taylor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2022 8:11 PM

What R10 said, though I'm also staring in Sophia Loren, Dorothy Dandridge, Raquel Welch, Halle Berry, and countless others...

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2022 8:18 PM

with her original nose, she was merely pretty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2022 8:23 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 15September 24, 2022 8:25 PM

big nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 24, 2022 8:25 PM

so much more beautiful was Vivien

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 24, 2022 8:27 PM

R16 she was still a beauty even then. Surgery might have helped but it didn't give her everything.

by Anonymousreply 18September 24, 2022 8:27 PM

or even Grace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 24, 2022 8:29 PM

If she had a nose job then I would say it was the best and subtlest in all Hollywood, and the most successful. Someone said it was done by the same surgeon who did Marilyn Monroe and Natalie Wood. Marilyn’s was definitely an improvement. Natalie’s (if she had one, I’m not entirely convinced) came very close to the line, as her nose always looked *almost* too upturned to me. .

by Anonymousreply 20September 24, 2022 8:32 PM

Now STFU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 24, 2022 8:34 PM

Yes I would say Grace Kelly was her closest competition in terms of an exquisite face.

by Anonymousreply 22September 24, 2022 8:34 PM

R20 Natalie had at least 4 different noses. One was the REBEL nose. two was the WWS nose. 3 was the PROPERTY IS CONDEMNED nose. 4 was the BRAINSTORM nose. It was subtle, but inevitably overdone in the end . It gave her that pinched and grim look she had after her comeback.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2022 8:34 PM

Taylor nose job was too obvious in her later years, shave on the left hand side, and she hand the pointy chin too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 24, 2022 8:37 PM

Her look was unique and so was her eye color.

by Anonymousreply 25September 24, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]so much more beautiful was Vivien

No, she wasn't. Stop making up things.

by Anonymousreply 26September 24, 2022 8:40 PM

R26 needs glasses

by Anonymousreply 27September 24, 2022 8:41 PM

no comment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 24, 2022 8:43 PM

humiliating for la Liz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 24, 2022 8:43 PM

Beauty and the Double Chin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 24, 2022 8:45 PM

Ouch!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 24, 2022 8:46 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there's no accounting for taste and all that. I think she was an attractive woman but I don't see beautiful or gorgeous or even stunning when I look at her. She did look sultry and sensual and voluptuous a lot of the time. Also glamorous.

But beauty to me is another animal, and yes, Grace Kelly was beautiful.

Also, to me—and I know many disagree and that's fine—young Angelina Jolie, Elizabeth Hurley, Audrey Hepburn, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kim Basinger, Denise Richards and even Lucille Ball were more beautiful looking at their peaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 24, 2022 8:46 PM

All the photos of Liz's "beautiful eyes" just look like they have 10 applications of eye liner and mascara on them to me. I don't get it. If that's what defines beautiful eyes, anyone who put on that much eye makeup could have beautiful eyes.

I know she had double eyelashes. But the black rings around the eyelid lips doesn't define beauty to me. It looks like too much makeup to me.

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2022 8:49 PM

I didn't know she had her nose fixed. I think her rare violet-colored eyes made her to be perceived as 'beautiful'. With a different and a more common eye color, she would not be consider a great beauty.

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2022 8:50 PM

Not a stunning look.

Homely, in fact. But good skin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2022 8:52 PM

Sandpiper Liz is my favorite Liz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2022 8:58 PM

She certainly isn't the most beautiful woman in Puppetland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2022 8:59 PM

Was Grace said to have had anything done early on?

by Anonymousreply 38September 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Her grandson is prettier 😛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 24, 2022 9:13 PM

R25 I've worked formany years in the upper circles of stardom, and I haven't met a major movie star who didn't have an incredible skin. I think that more than anything, it's what makes the camera love them. Young Paltrow, Juliette Binoche, Alan Bates , Deneuve, Mc Dormand, they all had a smooth, white as snow, poreless skin

by Anonymousreply 40September 24, 2022 9:24 PM

R40 You forgot us!

by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2022 9:26 PM

R41 I never met you

by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2022 9:27 PM

In Suddenly Last Summer, Liz was the most beautiful creature on the planet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 24, 2022 9:34 PM

clever angle, good lightning, great make-up artist. nothing new

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 24, 2022 9:37 PM

Her proportions seem odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 45September 24, 2022 9:37 PM

very short fat woman with dinosaur arms and a big head on a tiny torso. Toothpick legs. Huge boobs. Beautiful oval face. Loverly eyes. She would been the sexy waitress in that pub in east London if she weren't been an Hollywood star she would.

by Anonymousreply 46September 24, 2022 9:41 PM

I don't think Grace had anything done; She took make-up very well. Vivien was natural, I think. Gene Tierney too, otherwise they would have fixed that awful overbite. Bergman was absolutely stunning when young

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 24, 2022 9:44 PM

Lili Palmer was a great beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 24, 2022 9:48 PM

Diana Doors was quite stunning when she was young, even though they marketed her as Britain's answer to Marilyn Monroe I thought she was more like Elizabeth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 49September 24, 2022 9:55 PM

R49 you don't say!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 24, 2022 10:27 PM

No makeup. She's like 14 years old in the pic way up thread stating no makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 24, 2022 10:54 PM

While posing for "the most expensive fur coat in the world " for no fee (just the coat, as a gift), she fell from a rock and pretended her back was broken.The photographer was already sweating at the thought of the insurance trial. Dick Burton shouted, THE TIDE IS GETTING AT THE COAT. She jumped to her feet and resumed the shooting session

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 24, 2022 10:59 PM

Extraordinarily beautiful woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 24, 2022 11:05 PM

You know this is a gay website when you have people saying the Liz, who had a classic voluptuous hourglass figure, had a “bad body.” She got fat easily because she was so tiny, but when she was in shape - or even a little chunky - she had a HOT body. I also don’t think she had a nose job, people’s faces change with age. Of course her face looked different after hitting puberty. She’d been in the business since she was a child.

I also don’t find extremely thin, childlike or brittle looking women to be beautiful. Audrey Hepburn had a lovely face but looked like malnourished little girl - which she was at one point, mind you.

I think of classic Hollywood, only Ava and Hedy were more beautiful and they were completely natural. Of modern times, Jennifer Connelly looked so much like Liz (but taller) or Ava when she was young but decided to become an anorexic with a bad nose job like every other starlet.

by Anonymousreply 54September 24, 2022 11:19 PM

R54 Was Audrey really malnourished or was that a story made up to explain her extreme thinness?

R51 I do think she has some eye makeup on, her brows at least are enhanced. The brows were key to her look.

by Anonymousreply 55September 25, 2022 6:38 AM

I don't believe Audrey was malnourished. She grew up wealthy among an aristocratic family in Brussels, Amsterdam and London. She studied ballet, she was fluent in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish and English. The girl had access to everything. She certainly was not starved as a child. She was probably taught to eat healthfully and remain thin as part of her extensive education.

by Anonymousreply 56September 25, 2022 11:06 AM

She starved during WW2, when she was in the Netherlands during the Dutch famine. This is well known. Even rich people experienced suffering and hardship if they were in the wrong place during the War…..

by Anonymousreply 57September 25, 2022 3:20 PM

Beautiful, with gorgeous eyes.... yes. The most beautiful woman ever?....no.

by Anonymousreply 58September 25, 2022 3:30 PM

She was exceptionally beautiful and was the first to become successful, among a group of actresses that belonged to a "typology" that was popular at the time (Vivien Leigh, Jean Simmons, Jennifer Jones, Gene Tierney): slightly oval heart-shaped face, dark wavy hair with light eyes that had a melancholic expression, small delicate mouth and a thin nose with the tip pointing upward.

In Liz Taylor's case, her beauty was diminished by the fact that she was an alcoholic, didn't follow a particular healthy diet, fried her skin through constant sunbathing and smoked like a chimney. Being bloated and overweight, aging prematurely because of sun exposure and smoking, will diminish anyone's beauty. Still, there's plenty of photographic and video evidence that she always had extremely beautiful features even if, like most women who were young int he late 50s/60s, she had a tendency to go wild with the eyeliner.

Compared to most actresses nowadays (many of whom are downright ugly without contouring, special lighting and Photoshop), she looked spectacular well into her old age.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2022 9:51 PM

[Quote] int he late 50s/60s, she had a tendency to go wild with the eyeliner.

Whaddya mean?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2022 9:56 PM

R35, why was she homely? Just wondering

by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2023 6:00 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer is easily the most gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2023 6:36 AM

Yikes. The decline in Anita Ekberg's looks at R60 is shocking. I just remember her from "La Dolce Vita".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2023 7:14 AM

NOT.EVEN. CLOSE.

Completely overrated.

by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2023 9:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!