Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Alex Guarnaschelli break up with her fiance, Michael Castellon?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2022 5:43 AM

[quote] Alex Guarnaschelli Admits She's Going Through Her Breakup 'Poorly' But 'There Is Always Pizza'

Alex Guarnaschelli is coping with her breakup the best she can.

PEOPLE confirmed on Monday that the Food Network star and her fiancé, Michael Castellon, split after five years together. And on Wednesday, Guarnaschelli opened up about the news to her followers on Instagram, admitting that it hasn't been easy.

Asked "How are you getting through your recent breakup?" in an Instagram Story Q&A, Guarnaschelli wrote, "If I'm honest: poorly."

She went on to imply that she was finding comfort in carbs, writing, "That said, there is always pizza" alongside a photo of two slices.

Guarnaschelli and Castellon's breakup came nearly two years after they got engaged in June 2020. At the time, Guarnaschelli, 49, told PEOPLE she and Castellon were in "no hurry" to get married, and were excited to plan a big celebration.

But on Instagram, Wednesday, Guarnaschelli said, "I am not getting married in the foreseeable future unfortunately."

She confirmed it was difficult having a relationship in the public eye. "So sorry to read about your breakup" one commenter wrote, to which Guarnaschelli replied, "I was sorry to read about it too."

Later, when asked for advice on how to stop the feeling of being lost and alone after a breakup, Guarnaschelli said, "there's no stopping feelings."

"Part of life is being alone and part of life is being lost," she wrote. "Some people say that life is what happens in those in between moments anyway... Give it some thought and always bet on yourself."

This isn't the first time Guarnaschelli has been through a split. She was previously married to ex-husband Brandon Clark. The two share 14-year-old daughter Ava.

When a follower on Instagram praised the Alex Versus America star for being a "great example to all women" for "doing what's best for you, even if it hurts," Guarnaschelli pointed to Ava, writing, "I have a 14-year-old woman (Ava) watching me every day. It's the only way."

Guarnaschelli and Castellon first met while she was visiting the restaurant where he worked as a chef.

"I was out to dinner with a friend, and at a restaurant, and I knew the waiter, and I was eating dinner and I said, 'This steak is just so good,' " she recalled to PEOPLE, shortly after her engagement. "And the waiter, my friend, said, 'Oh my God, my best friend is the cook, the chef, here. He's amazing. You got to meet him.' "

She added, "I went in to meet him and tell him the steak was delicious and that was it."

Castellon proposed nearly four years later while the two were driving back from a trip to the grocery store. He claimed he saw a baby deer on the side of the road and got out of the car to investigate, inviting her to do the same.

"He's like, 'Shh. Come see it. It's so cute.' And I'm like, 'We're going to have to do something. We're going to have to call the animal welfare.' I'm already rolodexing the situation," Guarnaschelli explained. "We tiptoe out, full-on tiptoe, and he goes, 'It's right around the windmill.' So I look and he's like, 'Do you see it?' And I'm like, 'No, where's the baby? You promised me a baby deer.'

"And he goes, 'There's no deer.' I turn, and I look and he's on one knee," the chef said. "And he said, 'There's no deer.' He's like, 'This is why I have to marry you because you just believe me every time.' He said, 'Will you marry me?' and he gave me the ring."

Castellon confirmed the end of their engagement to the outlet, and said in a statement, "Wishing her nothing but the best."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2022 4:22 AM

Maybe because she has the personality of a dial tone when she needs to have more Wessonality.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2022 9:22 AM

Smells like someone cheated.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2022 9:44 AM

I was just about to post the same, r3. They got engaged only a few months into the pandemic when they were in lockdown. Odd time to get engaged

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2022 11:09 AM

If anyone cheated, it was Michael and not Alex.

She seems the type to be completely loyal.

Michael seems to be more on the slutty side.

Plus, Alex seems more devastated by the break-up than he does.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2022 11:20 AM

Oh, yeah, r5. I assumed it was him.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2022 11:35 AM

Poor Alex.

Michael was the perfect match for her.

Maybe they can still work it out.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2022 6:09 AM

While Alex is no beauty, even when she is all done up on TV, she is a mess in person. Slovenly, messy, unkempt….the guy was probably disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2022 7:24 AM

Link please!

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2022 7:52 AM

R8 have you met her in person, or are you just talking trash?

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2022 7:53 AM

The blind item seemed to imply that Michael ate her last box of Totino's Pizza Rolls.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2022 1:35 AM

OP. Get a life!

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2022 1:36 AM

He spent more time with her.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2022 1:58 AM

They both sound immature. She's in her late 40s, already has a child.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2022 2:06 AM

Michael is about 7 or 8 years younger than Alex.

She should have locked down that dick while she had it.

After 50, her chances of finding a mate will go down significantly.

They were actually a very cute couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2022 2:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2022 2:13 AM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2022 5:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!