Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is David Mamet unequivocally persona non grata in the entertainment universe, except for his star turn plays?

So he has a difference of opinion. Who the fuck cares? If you hold different views than his, defend them!

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2022 1:32 PM

If David Mamet's persona non grata anywhere, he only has himself to blame. Look at the plays he's written -- what was the last major work he offered on Broadway? By my reckoning, it's been at least 25 years.

One could easily argue that it's remarkable how many chances he's continued to get on Broadway, despite his views.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2022 4:40 PM

WTF are you going on about? What views?

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Does anyone agree, as he states in Sexual Perversity In Chicago, that cum smells like Clorox?

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2022 4:46 PM

Mine smells like lavender scented Clorox.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2022 4:48 PM

In what way is he persona non grate? He was one of the most successful American playwrights of the 20th century, and some of his most successful work was most definitely not PC. So a little hard to argue now he's been canceled just because his reactionary attitude isn't seen as refreshingly provocative anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2022 4:59 PM

R2, Google is your friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2022 5:16 PM

Why should we have to google the topic of the thread?

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2022 8:25 PM

Foisting that awful daughter on us should be on the charge sheet.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2022 8:29 PM

Not to mention Rebecca Pidgeon.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2022 8:33 PM

Damn, that Zosia bitch is ugly! Nepotism at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2022 8:34 PM

Oh, he's a morally and ethically unsound POS? Gosh, I can't imagine why he's not more popular.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2022 8:36 PM

[quote] If you hold different views than his, defend them!

Stand down, Trollerina!

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote] Does anyone agree, as he states in Sexual Perversity In Chicago, that cum smells like Clorox?

I kinda do and I still swallow.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2022 8:59 PM

Someone should tell OP that Mamet isn't particularly fond of gay people, no matter how hard they kiss his ass. (Google away, OP.)

The AMERICAN BUFFALO revival is selling tix on Bway. But given the high-profile cast, it's not a monster hit.

What was the last really good play he wrote?

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2022 9:23 PM

It smells like victory to me.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2022 9:37 PM

He said publicly that male teachers are more likely to be pedos—carrying water for the GOP

FUCK HIM

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2022 9:42 PM

R14 Broadway in general is not doing well. Several shows have already announced their closings for July and August which is usually a very busy time for Broadway. The revival of Company with Patti LuPhone closed last month.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2022 9:54 PM

(*.^) sorry Patti. Company is closing July 31

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2022 10:11 PM

R7, because that's an easy thing to do when you don't realize what the OP is implying? Lord.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2022 10:33 PM

He trashes gay people but made $$$$ off the gay playwright Terrence Rattigan. Fuck him

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2022 10:35 PM

Persona non grata

I prefer POTATOES AU GRATIN

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2022 10:39 PM

He gave a lecture at Columbia University in about 1997 where he completely and accurately lambasted the administration. It was a wonderful evening.

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2022 10:48 PM

I have been licensed to practice law in Texas for 30 years. Despite Mamet's characteristic bravado I have never come across his use of the term "Texas Verdict" as he describes. But then again I have never had to rationalize an illegal attempt to cheat college admissions. Artistic license I assume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2022 1:27 PM

His ugly cunt daughter is a far bigger crime than his MAGA shit. She’s impossibly gross.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2022 1:30 PM

Uggh. I wonder if Felicity H and Bill Macy are also Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2022 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!