Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Homoeroticism in The Rifleman

Does anyone remember this show? I was watching it the other day and this show is chock full of homoeroticism and beefcake shots. Chuck Conners has his shirt off all the time and is all sweaty and dusty. There's lots of fighting that consists of two or more men wrestling around in the dirt. Everyone is dressed as a cowboy all the time. A lot of posturing and staring. Men taking care of other injured men all the time. And, a decided lack of women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2022 9:46 PM

Sometimes a modified Winchester Model 1892 lever-action repeating rifle is just a modified Winchester Model 1892 lever-action repeating rifle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2022 7:20 AM

This show used to be on all the time at my dad's house whenever I went over there to help him out so I only saw it kind of in the background but I never actually paid attention or watched an episode.

Oddly enough it came up today in conversation with my neighbor was telling me about the blow up he had a T-Mobile store because the feminazi cunts wouldn't open the doors until exactly 11:00 a.m. and he got there at 10:57. He then tried to make a change on the account but it's in his daughter's name so instead he staged like a sit in protest streaming The rifleman on his cell phone. He told me he sat there for like 45 minutes now he's home calling customer service to lambast them due to their discourteous and disrespectful behavior.

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2022 6:03 PM

They have said one reason for the lack of women for Chuck Conners on the series was that it was difficult to find one that looked ok standing next to him. So they found Patricia Blair and just used her as a recurring character. To focus more on father and son.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2022 6:11 PM

We heard that Chuck Connors was horse-hung.

Verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2022 6:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2022 6:21 PM

This was one of my favorite shows as a kid... I had no idea 😳

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2022 6:24 PM

"The Rifleman" is on MeTV at 3:00PM ET Monday- Friday.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2022 6:29 PM

Now do "Shane"

"Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2022 6:29 PM

Brandon deWilde was killed in a truck accident at 30.

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2022 6:36 PM

Also 5-6PM ET on Saturdays, right before The Three Stooges.

I had no idea this show was only 30 minutes long. Usually, westerns (Bonanza, Gunsmoke) were hour long shows.

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2022 6:37 PM

Johnny Crawford's absolute, innocent sincerity kept things from tipping too far, but also started the tipping in the first place. Boys do not, apparently, usually have such a close and trusting relationship with with their fathers. I certainly didn't. That childlike ease of intimacy comes across as sub-erotic.

Of course, the often too-coy production team did the real envisioning and delivery.

But just think how rare father/son(s) shows have been. "Courtship of Eddie's Father"? "My Three Sons" had Frawley or Demarest running interference to a distracted and irritable MacMurray. No, not "Sanford and Son"!

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2022 6:45 PM

Ya think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2022 7:15 PM

Like if there is homo eroticism it had to have been done unconsciously right cuz like it's not like a bunch of producers were like oh there's a bunch of closet homosexuals that will really enjoy this so like it probably definitely wouldn't have ever been intentional on the other hand maybe it's like everybody acting out their their fantasies and everybody just kind of going along with it for whatever reason because I guess it's secretly their fantasy too.

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2022 7:52 PM

R13 Punctuation, chile. Learn it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2022 7:55 PM

Op a homosexual’s mind is what you have.

by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2022 8:09 PM

R14 grease fire, fuckmonkey. Jump in one.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2022 8:12 PM

R15 As you intend it, I think the more accurate statement is "you have a homosexualist's mind"... a homosexual would just look for the pics.

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2022 8:13 PM

I don't think you should ever have somebody else's mind only your own even if it is a homosexuals or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2022 8:16 PM

I get more homoeroticism from Laramie. The guys were hot, tight pants, tall boots and big bulging crotches and asses. Too bad it it ended long before I was born.

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2022 8:26 PM

R2, it sounds like your neighbor is rather antisocial. “Protesting” because he was made to wait three minutes? He can’t have it both ways — if they wouldn’t open “only” three minutes early, then why can’t he wait “only” three minutes? If I were there to conduct business and someone was sitting there streaming some show, I’d be much mor irritated with him than with the staff. Perhaps, we’re he less self-absorbed, he might entertain the notion that the doors were set to a timer. I’ve always thought that customers in any sort of electronics store were the worst.

That said, and sorry to bury the lede, but there was an episode in which Lucas was lost for days, and when he finally returned Mark was so happy to see him he jumped into his arms and kissed him on the lips. I may be retrofitting that to adapt to my crush on big ol’ Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2022 9:45 PM

Ugh, we’re/were autocorrect. ^^

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2022 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!