Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Helen McCrory's widower has moved on

Damian Lewis has found love again.

More than one year since the passing of his wife Helen McCrory, the Billions star confirmed his relationship with Alison Mosshart while at a summer event for The House of KOKO in London on July 6. At the event, Alison and Damian posed together for a photo in which her arm is cozily wrapped around the actor's shoulder with her face gently leaning on his.

Earlier that same day, Alison's mother Vivian discussed her daughter's relationship. "I don't know how much flak I'm going to get for all of this but of course we are excited for her," she told the Daily Mail. "They have mutual friends. I don't know exactly how they met but I'm fine with it."

She added, "If she's happy, we are happy. I'm yet to meet him but certainly I'd like to."

Over the last few months, Damian and The Kills musician sparked romance rumors after they were spotted together at the National Portrait Gallery in London and the Serpentine Gallery Summer Party.

Alison is the first person Damian has publicly dated since Helen's passing in April 2021, when she died from cancer at age 52.

Damian Lewis Mourns Wife Helen McCrory's Death in Touching Tribute

Damian and Helen shared two kids together: Manon, 15, and Gulliver, 14.

The Homeland star has since honored the late Harry Potter actress in more ways than one, with his most recent tribute being during a poetry reading in January, which was his first stage appearance since Helen's death.

At the London event—which was dedicated to Helen—Damian told a story about John Dennis, an English poet from the 18th century who's been credited with originating the phrase "steal my thunder." He shared onstage, "One person whose thunder absolutely would not be stolen was Helen McCrory. You could try, but it wouldn't work."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2022 6:15 AM

He's not bad looking.

Must not let that good dick go to waste!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2022 4:44 AM

I feel so sorry for him. He used to be hot and now he’s morphing into Christopher Walken. Hopefully love sustains him in this period of transition.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2022 4:44 AM

Ugly ugly man.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2022 4:48 AM

Is he using his fake British accent on her ?

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2022 4:48 AM

Good for Damien. Hot guy

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2022 4:50 AM

Why do you say that, R3?

I actually think he's pretty good looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2022 4:56 AM

Lawd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2022 4:59 AM

I think he probably moved on before but waited so he wouldn't seem disrespectful.

Their(his and mcrory's) body language wasn't close anyway.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2022 5:00 AM

That is tacky for her parents to be speaking publicly like that.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2022 5:00 AM

Men do move on with lightning speed

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2022 5:10 AM

OP- I want to know when Damian's going to confirm his relationship with a MAN

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2022 5:14 AM

r6, that photo shows Helen McCrory pregnant, so that photo is at least fifteen years old. Damien Lewis was indeed gorgeous fifteen years ago when that photo was taken; now he is not. Some people just don't age well.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2022 5:15 AM

Scooby Dooby Doo!

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2022 5:15 AM

That would make him infinitely more interesting.

Do you have any gossip, R11?

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2022 5:21 AM

He has a very stupid face.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2022 5:23 AM

R12 Englishmen age like milk.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2022 5:24 AM

[quote]Is he using his fake British accent on her ?

Fake British accent? Damian IS British. You actually think his accent is fake?! The American accent he used on his Showtime series was fake.

Damian Lewis was born St John's Wood, London. His paternal grandparents were Welsh. His maternal grandmother's ancestors include Bertrand, Viscount Dawson of Penn (a doctor to the Royal Family) and the eminent naval shipbuilder (see Yarrow Shipbuilders) and philanthropist Sir Alfred Yarrow, 1st Baronet, who was of partial Sephardic Jewish descent.

Damian was educated at the independent Ashdown House School in Forest Row, East Sussex, and at Eton College. He graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1993, after which he worked as an actor with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

All this info make DL sound quite British to me.

I swear, most DL posters have no damn clue what they are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2022 5:34 AM

Men move on within 2 years. Most women never remarry.

I liked his wife as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2022 5:35 AM

Men need someone to look after them, the house and the kids. Women are usually relieved to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2022 5:42 AM

r17: please do remember to keep calm and carry on.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote][R17]: please do remember to keep calm and carry on.

How about YOU grow a fucking set of balls and admit to being wrong?

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2022 6:22 AM

Is a hard rock singer, Alison Mosshart, with substance abuse issues, such a good rebound choice? Especially with Damian having dealt with his late wife being ill before she passed away.

Heard Alsion had drug and alcohol problems and that she was one of the reasons The Dead Weather split. Then again, Jack White isn't exactly a walk in the park.

Not much is known about Alison's past love life, her brother Matthew, a chef, was engaged to Kelly Osbourne! Here he looks like a young Warren Beatty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2022 6:34 AM

She looks like a dollar store Courtney Love.

by Anonymousreply 23July 8, 2022 6:42 AM

[quote]She looks like a dollar store Courtney Love.

LOL How true. Kelly is one hot mess, she's 37, doesn't work and is always crowing about her 'problems'. Her brother Jack has about four paranormal series on the Travel Channel and he has MS! At least he's doing something.

I'd like to know, how does someone as annoying as Kelly Osbourne lure anyone into a relationship with her?

by Anonymousreply 24July 8, 2022 7:32 AM

You answered your own question with the word “lure”, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2022 7:48 AM

No I didn't R25, Kelly might lure men in for brief periods, but she sure cannot keep a man. Kelly has a rancid personality. In the beginning, Kelly must fake being charming.

The engagement to Alison's chef brother barely lasted a year. I'm not sure what went wrong with the comedian actor David Walliams. They dated briefly.

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2022 8:11 AM

Oh, that handsome man at R22 should donate all the superfluous hair to that ugly little troll so that she can look like a woman or, at the very least, cover her face.

by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2022 8:17 AM

Another ugo posh guy from England, they sure do love to try and force them on everyone.

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2022 8:35 AM

He looks like a praying mantis/lesbian

by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2022 8:37 AM

Helen seemed like a lovely woman.

She was beautiful, as Narcissa in the Harry Potter movies.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2022 4:04 AM

[quote] Men do move on with lightning speed.

My father sure as hell did. We were shocked even though after such a long marriage we knew there wasn't much left.

This guy wants regular sex. Probably did without for a long time. She does seem kind of skanky.

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2022 4:52 AM

Big time downgrade

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2022 5:13 AM

How on earth does that guy in R22’s photo look like Warren Beatty? I’m not seeing it any way, shape, or form!!

I’ve liked Lewis since Band of Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2022 5:33 AM

I loved Helen McCrory, very sad that she died. If she loved him, I’m sure she’d want him to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2022 5:59 AM

[quote] Fake British accent? Damian IS British.

Lots of them fake both. For example Emma Thompson is from Dayton, Ohio

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2022 7:08 AM

Helen said before she died that she wished Damien further happiness, but please refrain from snogging someone at her wake.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2022 12:26 PM

That's cute, R36.

It's nice that she relieved him of any future guilt for finding someone new.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2022 6:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!