Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annoying kids in film history

I nominate the kid in Shane. Not only is he annoying, he looks like he'll grow up to be a pervert!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2022 10:21 AM

He actually grew up to be a nice looking young man. Wasn't a pervert so far as is known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote]he looks like he'll grow up to be a pervert!

I rolled my eyes at this...

then I opened the pic and jumped back in my chair. C-R-E-E-P-Y!

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2022 3:10 AM

Anytime I saw Cindy Brady, I wanted to slap her.

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2022 3:10 AM

Sissy from Family Affair Dodie from My Three Sons

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2022 3:12 AM

Kirby dragged me down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2022 3:16 AM

Cindy grew up to be real trash, damn. Jamming with Kid Rock under a confederate and Trump flag.

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2022 3:17 AM

Jake Lloyd was annoying as hell in The Phantom Menace, which is a film and not a television series, for those who are paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2022 3:23 AM

Richie Petrie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2022 3:25 AM

The kid really sounds like he's a schizo. And the movie definitely destroyed the career of Stephen Daldry and he has not yet recovered from this fiasco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2022 3:40 AM

The kid from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was awful, R9. Everything about that movie was wretched, so I can’t totally blame him, though.

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2022 3:53 AM

Bobby Breen

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2022 4:05 AM

Don't forget about ME!

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2022 4:15 AM

Every child who appeared on "The Love Boat."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2022 4:18 AM

Those Trapp brats

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2022 4:18 AM

I actually liked Scarpelli on ODAAT. One of the rare times in a insert and extra kid in a long standing sitcom trope.

by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2022 4:34 AM

Mara Wilson in the John Hughes remake of Miracle on 34th Street. If you want to see the difference between a good child actor and a bad one, watch seven year old Natalie Wood in the original. She is effortlessly natural and touching. Every time that Wilson kid comes onscreen, you just naturally want to slap her.

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2022 4:34 AM

Young Judy Garland. Her speaking voice was the beginning of upspeak and the tonal quality was so syrupy and heavy handed. She ended lines with a thunk or a JUMP! She could deliver a bit of a deadpan line in a perfunctory way. But I find her voice and forced perkiness really annoying. Even in the Wizard of Oz. I was born in 1983. We didn't grow up watching that. I kinda don't see the big deal about her.

by Anonymousreply 17July 7, 2022 4:38 AM

That obnoxious kid from "Indiana Jones and The Temple of Garish Disappointment." Kate Capshaw cemented the awfulness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2022 4:41 AM

Hiss, r17. Hiss, hiss, hiss!

by Anonymousreply 19July 7, 2022 4:41 AM

Judy was a classic. You have no taste, troll.

by Anonymousreply 20July 7, 2022 4:43 AM

A classic annoying child actor. Garland was at best, OK. Who expected that thing to become a star?

by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2022 4:47 AM

She's an icon. The Wizard of Oz is the most seen film of all time. It's known worldwide. Your lazy trolling has no value.

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2022 4:52 AM

My opinion is as good as yours, R22. No kid after 1990 has ever sat through the Wizard of Oz. We grow up. Modern kids find that movie lame as fuck. Can't make them sit thru it.

Nobody under 35 knows who Judy Garland is. Unless they gay. And then, like me - we still only see her limited appeal.

She was an icon no doubt. But that doesn't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 23July 7, 2022 5:00 AM

Quinn Cummings in "The Goodbye Girl."

by Anonymousreply 24July 7, 2022 5:00 AM

Poindexter Yothers

by Anonymousreply 25July 7, 2022 5:01 AM

R18 wins

by Anonymousreply 26July 7, 2022 5:43 AM

That's smirky kid who played Sandra Bullock's son in The Blind Side and that annoying kid who played Dee Wallace's son in Cujo. He actually had me rooting for Cujo

by Anonymousreply 27July 7, 2022 5:46 AM

[quote]that annoying kid who played Dee Wallace's son in Cujo.

Surely you don't me ME???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 7, 2022 5:50 AM

Yes, R28 his screeching was truly annoying like having a screwdriver jammed into your eardrum

by Anonymousreply 29July 7, 2022 5:52 AM

Ricky crying buckets while Faye barely restrained herself from going full Mommie Dearest on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 7, 2022 5:54 AM

Patty McCormack OWNS this thread.

SO artificial, so grating, and lacking any subtlety...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 7, 2022 6:09 AM

OP, the kid from Shane looks like he'll be a pervert? WTF is wrong with you - YOU'RE the pervert.

by Anonymousreply 32July 7, 2022 6:13 AM

When Who's the Boss was still on but was getting a little long in the tooth, early '90s, I worked with this older woman and we'd talk about TV shows. Who's the Boss is one I didn't watch regularly, but I had seen enough of it to know who everyone was. She once expressed that Danny Pintauro had too small a role on the show. She asked, "Why don't they give him a girlfriend? He's old enough!" I didn't say what I was thinking. That story might have produced laughs, but maybe not the kind they wanted.

As for annoying film kids, I'm glad the Macauley Culkin reign was relatively brief. I found him smug even in the first Home Alone, worse and worse thereafter when "superstardom" set in. Kieran seems to be the most talented of the clan. He's quite good in Igby Goes Down and Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 33July 7, 2022 6:14 AM

Alfred Lutter as the annoying child from Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. He basically spends the whole movie just screaming in that shrill tone, or making life harder for Burstyn's character despite all the sacrifices she is making so he can have a better life. Running away, talking back to her, being a brat, getting into trouble.

Both the character AND the performance had me seriously considering a vasectomy after I finished it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 7, 2022 6:16 AM

Patty McCormack is FABULOUS in The Bad Seed.

by Anonymousreply 35July 7, 2022 6:18 AM

Jesus Christ, r8, I didn't think it was possible to hate him more

by Anonymousreply 36July 7, 2022 6:25 AM

All the white kids in Spanish and Italian movies who look like macaque monkey and happen to be the sons of the directors/producers.

by Anonymousreply 37July 7, 2022 7:01 AM

The little boy in Fatal Attraction.

by Anonymousreply 38July 7, 2022 7:05 AM

This psychopath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Rhoda Penmark and Tommy Hyatt were great characters who added to the story.

The others not so much.

by Anonymousreply 40July 7, 2022 1:36 PM

Opie

by Anonymousreply 41July 7, 2022 2:32 PM

That fucking “the human head weighs 8 pounds” brat from Jerry Maguire.

by Anonymousreply 42July 7, 2022 2:35 PM

Shirley Temple. I only enjoy her interactions with adult black entertainers. The tone shifts somehow and becomes entertaining. I know that's counterintuitive but there it is. Bill Robinson genius I suppose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 7, 2022 2:50 PM

R7, I looked up Jake Lloyd, he's a paranoid schizophrenic and got into trouble with the law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 7, 2022 2:59 PM

Katherine Healy in 6 Weeks, she was annoying, but I really like her. She also starred in one of Kurt Vonnegut’s wife’s photo essay book for kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 7, 2022 3:34 PM

Ah, Opie was great as a kid.

Yesterday I saw an Adam-12 rerun that featured Kirby Furlong as a diabetic kid who ran away without his meds because his parents wouldn't let him have a dog (they had secretly bought him a dog but he didn't know that). Anyway, it was pre-Mame and he was charming in a part that should have been maudlin.

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2022 1:15 AM

I DETESTED Christian Bale in Empire of the Sun. He was an awful kid and I was going he would be killed

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2022 1:24 AM

The little blind girl in The Langoliers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2022 3:09 AM

Andy Hardy always irritated me. Even with Judy Garland. I don't dislike Mickey Rooney, I liked him in National Velvet and The Black Stallion. But those movies just made my ass itch. I didn't like the kid.

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2022 3:13 AM

Carrie(s)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2022 3:50 AM

The kid from The Babadook. Even his mother hated him.

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2022 4:13 AM

Alejandro fro Chop Shop. One of the most annoying kid actors I’ve ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 9, 2022 4:17 AM

I don't know how many people saw or remember this movie, but there was an '80s Sylvester Stallone vehicle called Over the Top, about a competitive arm wrestler trying to forge a relationship with his estranged young son. The son had been in the custody of the now-dead mother's rich father (Robert Loggia), who was the villain.

The kid who played the son had been on one of the daytime soaps before, so he wasn't just plucked from obscurity, but he was grating in the extreme. Maybe he was supposed to be playing a brat at the outset, but he played brat on 10 when maybe 7 (with some layers so we would still like him) would have sufficed.

He got merciless reviews (unusual, because most critics go easy on very young actors) and won Razzies for both Worst New Star AND Worst Supporting Actor.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2022 9:50 AM

That little Sheldon character. Something tells me he's not acting.

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2022 9:55 AM

I loved Ke Huy Quan in Temple of Doom and Goonies, R18. I was a little younger and remember wanting to be friends with him. And he's so good in Everything Everywhere All at Once. I love that he has had this career comeback.

Reading through the comments, I think it's funny how threads like this pretty much inadvertently reveal which generation you're from.

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2022 9:58 AM

The entirely talentless kid "actor" from the Burt Reynolds lame snoozefest movie Cop and a Half, completely unfunny, not cute, not Sweet, not charming, I wanted to throw that stupid kid under a speeding semi truck, he was that awful, watch a few minutes of it, You'll see how bad the kid really is...terrible. :-/

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2022 10:21 AM

Every kid in “The Ten Commandments”.

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2022 10:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!