Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

UMe/UMG queer brown employee fired for mass email regarding abortion

His followup email is also something!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2022 8:36 PM

The followup email, ya'll!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2022 2:37 AM

To be fired during Pride Month! OMG unbelievable - where's his GoFundMe?

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2022 2:38 AM

He used the business email contact list for his own personal agenda.

We would ALL be fired for doing that.

This guy sounds exhausting, even though I agree with his sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2022 2:41 AM

At this point I side-eye anyone who types "folks."

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2022 2:44 AM

Yours in FURY!!!

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2022 2:46 AM

How is abortion the issue of a brown gay man? Drama queen much?

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2022 2:47 AM

"People with uteruses" is quite the standout too, r4!

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2022 2:47 AM

"Or expect more unproductive days."

Yes, I'm sure those in change of Universal Music Group shuddered when they read those words.

"We CANNOT lose Michael Lopez!!!"

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2022 2:53 AM

Geez

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2022 2:57 AM

It's rather threatening!

He posted about all of this to LinkedIn, of all places, where presumably future potential employers will be checking. Seems unwise, but he seems to feel 100% justified.

by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2022 2:57 AM

He must think he’s invulnerable during pride month if he’s surprised they fired him when he didn’t do his work and threatened more unproductive days unless they meet his demands. I agree about the outrage but this wasn’t smart on his part.

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2022 2:58 AM

This is what happens when you teach a generation of people that they are special, and what they think makes the world turn.

by Anonymousreply 12July 4, 2022 3:11 AM

He is stunning and brave.

by Anonymousreply 13July 4, 2022 3:12 AM

A few years ago I was fired from a job after they laid a bunch of facetious write-ups on me. I later came to find out that a co-worker snitched on me after I made a remark one particularly crazy day I wished we were unionized. It was retail and I hated the job so I didn't cry too much. What I did learn, is that in spite of my convictions on the matter, it would be better to keep all of my opinions to a closer circle than shouting it from the rooftoops.

by Anonymousreply 14July 4, 2022 3:13 AM

The tweets have been removed.

by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2022 6:09 AM

[quote] How is abortion the issue of a brown gay man? Drama queen much?

r6 Yes, it's exactly the issue of drama queens (of all races and sexes) - I know many - like him. Their common theme: either BIPOC (or Black, brown) LGBTQIA+ themselves or vocal BIPOC LGBTQIA+ allies.

As one of the most overused slogans surrounding abortion is "Disproportionately affecting Black (sometimes including brown) / Trans / Queers / LGBTQIA+ folks", gay men like him who identify as queer and Latinos like him who identify as brown express how much it affects them the most, making them the most vulnerable, outraged, unable to go on with daily life and so on. Yes... MEN. Abortion.

by Anonymousreply 16July 4, 2022 6:33 AM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 17July 4, 2022 7:06 AM

"folks" 🤢

by Anonymousreply 18July 4, 2022 8:12 AM

I can't see the tweets. Am I the only one?

by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2022 8:26 AM

Suck it up Pedro and do your JOB.

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2022 5:14 PM

[quote]I can't see the tweets. Am I the only one?

Stevie Wonder can't.

by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2022 5:15 PM

I can't see the tweets either.

LINKIES STINKY

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2022 5:18 PM

Can someone post the tweets? They've been removed.

by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2022 5:18 PM

Lol, he was probably just hungover.

I used to work with a young guy who had about 10 grandmothers pass away.

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2022 5:20 PM

I took a week off to mourn when Guerlain discontinued L'Instant pour Homme Eau Extreme.

by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2022 5:22 PM

Here's the link to the emails

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 4, 2022 5:26 PM

Here's the NY Post article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 4, 2022 5:42 PM

Couple things:

People are at their wits fucking end with all the heat on women & minorities. Limiting rights, reversing decisions that granted rights.

People don't give a fuck any more about their dumb fucking jobs or what ever else we all used to think was SO IMPORTANT. It doesn't matter now. It's too late.

People have been putting up with tone policing and harsh judgment for standing up for civil rights for years. They're just over it. So all the namby-pamby naysayers and shamers don't matter any more. Every type of protest gets shit on no matter what. People get told "Well *that* was a dumb way to protest that..." "Too angry" "Too political" "Lazy" "Too 'woke'" "Messaging is wrong" "They're not believable because they're too loud/non-conforming/brown/ugly etc etc etc". It will never be enough for the critics. Nobody gives a shit about your feedback, which is just a roadblock.

Pretending to be "confused" why a member of one minority group would support the rights of another group. Lame.

One of my dickwad Trumper neighbors was wishing me a happy 4th of July yesterday, asking if I was going to the parade or fireworks. I said "No." and he kept on with "Well ya should, it'll be fun etc etc..." I told him to his face that I'm not celebrating this country when the United States Supreme Court is currently planning to rescind rights I have been granted. I have always kept my opinions & thoughts about this stuff to myself, but it's just not worth it any more.

by Anonymousreply 28July 4, 2022 6:01 PM

I'm still confused why so many POC want to abortions? Do they want to wipe out their entire race? Also, why can't they practice safe sex?

by Anonymousreply 29July 4, 2022 6:05 PM

He's not hawt.

by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2022 6:05 PM

R28 I hope you channel your opinions to your representatives and senators. Otherwise you’re just another person with a differing opinion.

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote] People don't give a fuck any more about their dumb fucking jobs or what ever else we all used to think was SO IMPORTANT. It doesn't matter now. It's too late.

Then there should be absolutely no problem if he's been fired. I don't see why he should be complaining if he "[doesn't] give a fuck any more," according to you.

You can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2022 6:11 PM

He didn't like his job.

He wanted his employment to end and make it seem like it was out of principle.

He got the first, but not the second.

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2022 6:33 PM

I'm sure he'll be a popular choice for a new hire when the companies where he applies Google his name to see why he left his last job.

by Anonymousreply 34July 4, 2022 6:41 PM

She deleted it because it was getting too much attention from right wing guys, heh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 4, 2022 6:44 PM

R6 While this was a particularly stupid way for him to go about it, at least he stands up for others. You don't think taking away abortion rights has anything to do with you??

Good luck with that mindset.

by Anonymousreply 36July 4, 2022 6:46 PM

r28 you would be "Buzz Killington", the person who can't enjoy things because x is wrong, because y doesn't have rights, because z doom is pending. There will always be bad stuff going on, somewhere. Spend less time online.

by Anonymousreply 37July 4, 2022 6:47 PM

r27 thanks for that, it even has an additional email we didn't see.

by Anonymousreply 38July 4, 2022 6:51 PM

So... bottom, right?

by Anonymousreply 39July 4, 2022 7:05 PM

Twitter pulled it down because it was fake and NYPost will be retracting this ridiculous fake story.

by Anonymousreply 40July 4, 2022 7:11 PM

It wasn't fake, r40, Katie pulled it from LinkedIn directly.

I assume if you had any proof of your statement you would have posted it. But I think you're just wishing it was fake because it makes you uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 41July 4, 2022 7:15 PM

I took 3 weeks off when KFC just continued their potato wedges

by Anonymousreply 42July 4, 2022 7:15 PM

R40 You're not very sharp, dear

by Anonymousreply 43July 4, 2022 7:16 PM

Also, it doesn't even seem like you've read the thread, because Katie says she deleted the original thread and why in r35. But nice try.

by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2022 7:16 PM

The original thread on LinkedIn is quite something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2022 8:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!