Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shannen Doherty’s cancer has spread to her spine

Omg this is so sad. I really want there to be a way she beats this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 18, 2023 10:23 AM

when was Brenda "beloved"?

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2022 7:02 PM

ONJ has the same, right?

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2022 7:02 PM

I hope her end is not painful and they give her a lot of morphine.

Poor lady. No one deserves this.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2022 7:04 PM

Shhhhhad.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2022 7:04 PM

That website sure seems legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2022 7:05 PM

I don't care that she's never been the most pleasant person to be around, nobody deserves what she's going through.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2022 7:05 PM

Alyssa Milano will be there to greet her on the other side.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2022 7:05 PM

Bone mets are extremely painful. I hope her doctors are able to control her pain. One of my closest friends also had terminal breast cancer that spread to her bones. Her hip actually shattered while she walked to the bathroom. Dying sucks, but doing so in great pain sucks more.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2022 7:06 PM

I forgot she used to be married to Ashley Hamilton

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote] when was Brenda "beloved"?

When Shannen Doherty got cancer. Remember when Screech got cancer and died two weeks later? There was this huge outpouring of grief, even though the whole cast of Saved by the Bell supposedly hated him.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2022 7:12 PM

This is terrible news. I, for one, adore her, always have, always will. She's married to a guy, finally, who adores her, and has stood with her through the cancer, and will until the end.

I also hope they give her the good drugs. Her poor mom.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2022 7:21 PM

So did Ashley Hamilton R9 .

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2022 7:21 PM

It’s even slower than Valerie Harper’s.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2022 7:27 PM

Has Candy Spelling weighed in?

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2022 7:28 PM

She should use the last of her cash to go to Switzerland and end it in dignity before the pain is unbearable

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2022 7:29 PM

She looks better bald then Rose McGowan.

And also her cancer is less toxic than Rose.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2022 7:30 PM

Shannen was always one of my favorites, especially due to Charmed. I was hoping she'd have a lot more time left. Poor Shannen.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2022 7:39 PM

I was always a fan. She was great at what she did! This is so awful. I’d be going to Switzerland or Oregon to end it, personally.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2022 7:51 PM

R15, she can drive north and do it in Oregon, should she wish

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2022 7:52 PM

I have two cousins and a sister-in-law with Stage IV breast cancer. One had breast cancer 30 years ago but it metastasized in her spine about eight years ago. She had a tremendous amount of pain but with chemo she had been stable now for six years, more than they thought she'd have.

Her daughter also has metastasized breast cancer, in her brain and lungs and probably elsewhere. It was discovered too late for surgery but she had radiation and chemo and now has been on chemo every other week for over two years. She was given six weeks or less when diagnosed, but the treatment has restored her vision, her strength and her clarity of mind, and reduced her pain. After being bedfast she is now able to drive over three hours to visit her parents, spend a few days and drive back, and take care of herself at home.

The sister-in-law has had Stage IV breast cancer for over 35 years. She is on maintenance chemo, too, and has no symptoms that are getting in her way at 75. She's caring for a sick husband, babysitting grandchildren, and until recently was still working part time.

Every case is different, but it is true that amazing developments in treatment have occurred and some patients, for whom no hope would be expected, are living

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2022 8:15 PM

SD LOVED Ronald Reagan's 8 years in office as he neglected the AIDS crisis for his entire 2 terms.

I see this as karma for all of her right wing activities.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2022 8:19 PM

I'm sorry for Shannen and hope she's able to feel comfortable and at peace, she's certainly loved and cared for.

Assisted death is available California, laws were passed in 2016.

I have a friend who began the application process for the drug but died before she got it. It can take a couple of weeks for approval, or did then. Just knowing she had the option gave her peace of mind.

Two ways to go: a doctor brings the drug to you and administers it or you take possession of the drug and take it when you're ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote] She should use the last of her cash to go to Switzerland and end it in dignity before the pain is unbearable

She could do it more cheaply in Oregon. They allow people to come from out of state here and legally die by suicide.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]She could do it more cheaply in Oregon.

Saving some money is always a huge consideration for someone who decides to end his or her life.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2022 8:42 PM

She can do it in California already, read R22.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2022 8:43 PM

Maybe Ashley gave her butt cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2022 8:44 PM

Did anyone read the OP's "article".. It didn't even say anything like this and its some trashbag virus carrying site...

Although, its highly likely that it will (or has) spread to bones-

Did I miss something in this? I just checked Shannon's Instagram too...

She could live many more years. I think she has the same type as Olivia or Elizabeth Edwards....

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2022 9:37 PM

I’ll never forget her whirlwind romance with Randy Quaid.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2022 10:01 PM

There is a fidelity to fellow humans that transcends everything else. Diseases are not punishment by anyone for anything. The worst that Shannen has been accused off is being selfish and inconsiderate professionally. That certainly doesn't translate into suffering with an agonizing terminal disease.

Hopefully Shannen is able to afford good medical care and pain management.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2022 10:15 PM

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2022 11:53 PM

R21 Many people die of cancer who are sweet, wonderful people - is that "karma," also?

Chadwick Boseman was supposedly loved by many of the people he worked with, yet he died of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2022 11:58 PM

Assisted suicide is a joke in the USA. Red tape galore. Switzerland is fast, humane and open to all.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2022 11:58 PM

[quote]Hopefully Shannen is able to afford good medical care and pain management.

Didn't she sue her former manager/financial advisor or the like, for stealing her money and not making sure her health insurance didn't lapse? She found out AFTER her BC diagnosis, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2022 12:08 AM

She may have been bitchy, but she was not a genocidal dictator.

If this were news about Putin, I'd be posting "karma's a bitch."

I also feel bad for the beautiful one who has MS.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2022 12:11 AM

Who’s the ugly guy in the picture?

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2022 12:12 AM

My aunt has stage 4 breast cancer which has metastasized into her spine, and she's still alive after five years - she's in her 70s and still able to drive and has a relatively normal life.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2022 12:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2022 12:24 AM

I saw this article on the reverse side of a Chinese take out menu last week!

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2022 12:54 AM

Always liked her. She’s always seemed no nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2022 1:04 AM

R21 Although she's a Republican, she always said that she doesn't agree with them on every issue with one of those issues being gay rights. She has always been gay friendly from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2022 1:06 AM

Stories like R20 and R36 give me hope that it doesn't necessarily have to be the end.

And like R27, I saw her recent Instagram posts a few days ago and noted that she seemed hale and hearty there. There was nothing that indicated to me that she was dying. So the article might not be that accurate, or I hope not anyway especially since it doesn't seem to be a reputable site.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2022 1:08 AM

R40 Did she support Trump?

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Hasn't Lorna Luft had brain cancer since the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote]Hasn't Lorna Luft had brain cancer since the 90s?

Wasn't she molested?

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2022 1:38 AM

Shannen was not a Trump supporter, at all.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2022 2:12 AM

And they want to ban the drugs required to make the end bearable. My greatest fear is not being able to stop the pain as I die of cancer. Everyone in my family except one has died of cancer - it’s a horrible way to go. I just want to have the right access to assisted death to die as peacefully and as painlessly as possible.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2022 2:19 AM

There was an indie movie that came out a couple of years ago called Here Awhile which was about a terminally ill cancer patient moving to Oregon from California due the assisted suicide law. It was a decent movie that handled the subject matter quite well.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2022 3:37 AM

R29 Is that all?

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2022 3:53 AM

F45 Celebs lie about politics all the time.

Ron Silver supported GWB privately before doing so publicly.

S. Somers came out as a Trumper in 2018 (2 years after he announced he was running for the office).

She came out as a late Trump supporter because "it's a career killer in Hollywood".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2022 4:00 AM

r46

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2022 4:18 AM

I didn't know she had a spine.

-Jenny Garth

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2022 4:40 AM

[quote]Suzanne Somers Says Praising Donald Trump is Career Suicide

Like she had a career at that point? It only confirmed what we already knew about her: that she's utterly brainless.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2022 5:08 AM

She's talented and beautiful. She'll never die for those who love her. Cancer is painful and so is the treatment for it. She's been suffering for YEARS. God, help her.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2022 5:15 AM

Did it start with ass cancer from too much anal, like with Farrah?

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2022 5:27 AM

R54. Is that what really killed Farrah? Too much Anal sex? Didin't Farrah also shit on someone front lawn?

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2022 5:34 AM

Poor Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2022 5:51 AM

She's not going to go all the way with this. Once you're on a morphine drip, you can end it at anytime. Poor woman. My 80 year old aunt died screaming in pain from Ovarian cancer that spread to her brains and bones. And she was in agonizing pain for many, many months. She kept getting chemo and radiation and tried to hold on for her husband. Had ribs cut out and half of her abdomen removed. Why?

Don't do it. There is no reward for suffering.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2022 6:04 AM

See you soon, Heather.

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2022 7:19 AM

[quote]She could live many more years.

The five-year survival rate for patients who have stage IV breast cancer is 28 percent.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2022 7:40 AM

Wtf is that trash bag website? This is what we’re all basing this “news” from?

It wouldn’t surprise me if this does happen ultimately, but no legitimate link here.

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2022 8:00 AM

There's no indication on her Instagram page that her cancer has returned and she currently gets chemotherapy. This is bullshit unless someone can link to a reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2022 9:33 AM

OP needs to do a better job sifting through sources before flustering everyone with fake news.

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2022 10:18 AM

Is it time to predict a Heathers curse? Of the three Heathers, Kim Walker (Heather Chandler) died from brain cancer and Shannen (Heather Duke) has breast cancer. Lisanne Falk (Heather McNamara) appears to be healthy, but I would be concerned .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2022 8:57 PM

Did Winona Ryder curse the Heathers actresses?

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2022 9:25 PM

Winona is a slut.

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2022 10:24 PM

"... she doesn't agree with them on every issue with one of those issues being gay rights."

Gay rights is the only Republican issue. And has been for decades.

by Anonymousreply 66June 22, 2022 6:52 AM

I hope that her pain is controlled and she can die peacefully.

by Anonymousreply 67June 22, 2022 7:10 AM

She hasn't posted anything on IG in a while. And SMG hasn't posted anything about Shannen.

by Anonymousreply 68June 22, 2022 12:09 PM

9-0-2-1-OH NO!

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2022 12:18 PM

It looks like she lost her SAG insurance benefits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 17, 2023 7:24 PM

Most sad and probably intensely physically painful. I hope that at least they keep her comfortable but still present enough to speak with her family.

by Anonymousreply 71March 17, 2023 7:26 PM

Poor Shannen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 18, 2023 8:59 AM

My friend has stage 4 breast cancer. She was taking experimental chemo twice a week for the last year. She decided to stop because its side effects are brutal. Her 80 yr old mother has been caring for her and its been hard on her too. She's survived cancer going on 9 yrs now, but she says she's had enough. Heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 73March 18, 2023 10:23 AM

I had a friend in Oregon who applied for and qualified for the assisted suicide program and then missed the window of opportunity and was deemed incompetent of making the decision herself because she had deteriorated mentally. It was such a bad, sad situation. She was a brilliant lawyer, so to be told at the end she wasn't competent to decide for herself was crushing to her husband. And her father (understandably) was so desperate not to lose his daughter that she went through one final round of an experimental treatment that her doctors were telling her and her husband was really not likely to help, but her father insisted and she agreed. So she ended up even sicker and more frail in her final days than she needed be. I and two friends visited her on her request and it was like talking to an elderly patient with dementia. When we were at the airport leaving, she called and asked if we were coming over again that night and I had to tell her, I'm so sorry, we're all the airport heading home, and she said "ok, we'll then I'll see you the next time you're here". She died four days later.

And her husband was FURIOUS with his father in law (who had moved in with them to be with his daughter during her final months). He blamed her father for her choosing to be treated a final time knowing that it wasn't going to work and only make her sicker and for missing the opportunity to end her life on her own terms. It was heartbreaking to see him (her husband) go through that. But I also had great sympathy for her dad. He loved her and obviously would do anything not to lose her, and he lost sight of the fact that she was suffering.

If Shannen is saying goodbye to friends, it's over. Don't be surprised if she dies in the next couple weeks.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 74March 18, 2023 10:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!